• Pro 130 votes
    27%
  • Premium 196 votes
    41%
  • LE 150 votes
    32%

(476 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

multiball-inserts-small (resized).jpg
Star_Wars_Character_Bracket_small (resized).jpg
FORCE-inserts-small (resized).jpg
87257640_861981904215254_7691088169915121664_n (resized).jpg
87359866_861981867548591_8146660380408545280_n (resized).jpg
86871689_861981784215266_4656586482713100288_n (resized).jpg
F9F2DC74-3A53-42BD-BFB6-E109EA1A999D (resized).jpeg
8E8E662B-70F3-4C1D-9258-260FCC3EB75D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
f5323f174591585d5a9c2793464007c8 (resized).jpg
20200120_191223 (resized).jpg
20200209_170112 (resized).jpg
20200209_161005 (resized).jpg
E141BFE7-2CC8-40FD-BFDF-7680394EE4F9 (resized).jpeg
20200206_152338 (resized).jpg
83796333_118762506187822_5691388423810580480_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#849 2 years ago

Our trophy arrived today for tomorrow's launch party tournament! If anyone is down in Southern New Jersey (Atlantic City Area) and wants to play a pro on location, check out Level Up Entertainment in Mays Landing! 50 cents/play!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-on-location-in-southern-new-jersey

IMG_5965 (resized).JPG

#857 2 years ago

Just wanted to report in from our launch party. Star Wars performed excellently. This was our first pinball event ever at this location (a comic shop) so we had a mix of brand new players and players with previous experience in pinball competition. Many players said this was the first time they had ever played pinball. AND THEY HAD A BLAST! They loved the video clips, the artwork, and especially mashing the action button. To top it all off, our winner (and top seed) of the tournament was one of these brand new players. The location was extremely pleased with the turnout, and wants to have more events around the machine in the future!

Unfortunately, we could not let Chewie enter because Wookies are known to pull pinball machines' legs out of the sockets when they lose.

IMG_5974 (resized).JPG

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looks like there is room for Xmen, SM, IM there also.

You're absolutely right! If Star Wars goes well, we will definitely be adding more pins to the lineup.

#920 2 years ago

Does anyone have a magic number for their right scoop eject power so it doesn't drain SDTM? I know this will probably vary depending on how people have leveled their games, but I think for GB, there was a commonly accepted number for that left scoop kickout that would help with the center drains.

#932 2 years ago

Setting it to 30 seems to be working pretty well. Thanks all! Sidenote: I tried to see what happened if I dialed it all the way down to 10 - couldn't even clear the scoop! Whoops!

2 weeks later
#1110 2 years ago

Happy Force Friday! We are hosting a selfie-league style tournament on our Star Wars Pro in Southern New Jersey. I really wish the scores were easier to photograph but that galaxy background makes life difficult.

Anyway, full details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-selfie-september-event-in-mays-landing-nj

Also, I saw someone posted their audit data earlier in the topic (left, right, center drains, avg. ball times, etc.). I can post that data from our machine on location after my weekly check-ins if that is something you guys would be interested in?

3 weeks later
#1425 2 years ago

Working on our custom trophy for our Star Wars Selfie Tournament. Can't wait to award the Golden Vader to the winner at the end of the month!

IMG_8452 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sorry if this has been asked already but planning on getting a premium in the next few day.
Did I read they have two of the original songs in the game?
Has anyone tried fiddling with pinball browser to change anything out?

Here is a pinball browser thread from a while back - I think it also works with the Premium but I am not sure: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starwars-pro-sound-replacement-v-089

1 month later
#2580 2 years ago

On the Pro, I keep having an issue where the screw pops out in the left corner of the back of the right ramp. No big deal, but I am operating it on location and have had two service calls where the screw popped out, fell into one of the switch holes in the top rollover switches, and the ball got stuck. I left the screw out of the ramp for now, but is anyone else having issues with loose parts?

Minor problems but I have also had the bottom screw come out of my spinner bracket and a few LEDs shake loose.

1 month later
#3204 2 years ago

In reviewing the GOTG update, it looks like they added auto-plunger and slingshot power adjustments. Does Star Wars have these adjustments? If not, I wish they could add them to the game. Have seen a few quick drains where it plunged to a drain, ball saved, then autoplunged to an outlane.

2 weeks later
#3522 1 year ago

Noooooo. I was hoping for an autoplunger adjustment option... Happy with the rest of the changes though.

1 month later
#4111 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This is what mine does 90% of the time. Very frustrating.

Same here. I am begging for an auto-plunger adjustment setting in a future code update.

1 week later
#4215 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any vids of SW being played in competition? By Keith, Zach, etc...so much strategy involved, I’d like to see them go at it.

Here's a stream of the launch tournament I played in when the game first came out. We aren't Keith or Zach, and this is running older code from the launch, but the basic strategies are still pretty close (minus stacking the mini-wizard modes). If you jump to 3:32:00 for the final 3, and jump to 4:08:00 for the final match, you will see some pretty good billion-plus games.

2 weeks later
#4515 1 year ago

...still no autoplunger adjustment options in the new code... :'(

Excited about everything else though!!

#4611 1 year ago

Are people frequently experiencing the "dead flipper on mission select" bug with the new code update? As an operator, I am hesitant to update to 1.0.3 if this is a frequent problem, since I know the bug was pretty much fixed in the last revision.

4 months later
#5858 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

SW is a fairly hard game IMHO, mostly because the ball goes very fast.
For novices, their game can end in the time it takes for ball save to activate 3 times. Not very rewarding for $1.00
This week I upped the # of balls from 3 to 5 to see what effect that has on revenues. All the other settings are on the easiest or default values.
I can beat it fairly handily but the store owner says some people don't even get a minutes play.

As a fellow SW operator, I am interested to see how this affects revenues/play. Keep us posted!

2 months later
#6201 1 year ago

While we are talking code wishlists, mine is the option to skip Lightsaber Duel and giving us some autoplunger power settings.

#6209 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would like to be able to pass on it sometimes, like the modes. It just takes over the gameplay.

That's my problem. I like Lightsaber Duel as a mode. I think the interaction with the movie clips is really well done, and I like the blue/red lighting effects. It just always seems to pop up at the worst time, and locks the player out of the rest of the game until you play through it or time it out.

I know, I know - play better and finish it and this wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels weird when you can pass on the other modes but you get locked into this one.

#6219 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't even want to get to Jedi MB. It's much less fun than say, Death Star or Hoth MB. And while it can be worth a lot of points if played well, it's a risky single ball mode.

And doesn't LSD still run after you drain? So there goes any 40x advantage. I like to play as R2, stack the Death Star and Endor modes, and bring Tie Fighter MB in to help complete all the shots for Destroy the Shield Generator. But in all the multiball chaos, usually I accidentally hit enough FORCE targets to trigger LSD as soon as I finish the two modes. It just kills the rush and grinds the game to a halt, because I can't play the two planet MB waiting for me until LSD.

Quoted from ktownhero:

Do you think if Vader walked up to you with a lightsaber he'd wait until you finished what you were doing? "Give me a second Vader, I need to finish tying my shoes."

Haha I guess it depends on whether you "time Vader out" by taking more than 60 seconds to tie your shoes...

3 months later
#6892 10 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

After 6 months I should have every shot wired, but I don’t. Orbits and right ramp still not automatic, and the Death Star shot, while much easier than the others, is still harder for me than the left ramp and right loop (Hoth).
Is it the geometry if the game? Is it my set up? Or do I just need to play better?

For the right ramp, I backhand it from the right flipper. It is really early on the right flipper but that's the only way I can make it. Every time I try to shoot the right ramp with the left flipper, I flip too early, hit the Tie bank and drain. I lack patience.

4 weeks later
#7149 9 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Q: How do you clear all credits in the maintenance menus?
I need to write this down!
Can anyone tell me how to navigate to this setting in the diagnostic menus?
Is there a menu map so I can find other things easily too?
Thank you

Don't have my machine in front of me, but I think the order goes: Service Menu - Adjustments (picture of wrenches) - Resets (trash can) - Credits (quarters)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside