IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1794 6 years ago

What is up,with the code update choices,
Quick no verify
Quick verify
Full no verify
Full verify.
I choise full with verify.
loading .93 now,hope for the best.strange I now worry about boards blowing up

#1816 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Upgraded to .93 tonight (Prem) and I’m getting way more hangups on the fork than I was getting on .92. Ugh. I’m going to mess with the ramp tomorrow and see if it’s something I can adjust out. It just doesn’t return low enough to let the ball pass on a soft hit. It sticks up just enough to be an asshole.
I still love this game, but that fork is currently the bane of my existence.

I removed my ramp and had a look at it,I realized it has a spring that helps pull it back down and the rest is just gravity,my ramp needed a little stronger spring or more gravity,I used a drop of zoom and a stronger spring and that works to pull the ramp Down,not to strong to stress the motor

#1819 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I would be more worried about stressing the motor driver board.
Rob

It seems fine but I don't know what else to do ,that ramp need to be below the playfield,the ramp should be ballbearing or something better than a plastic bushing,mabey mine is faulty,it should just drop like a stone free and easy even with out the spring

#1823 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed the post in the goodie bag,it look like a ball drain center post,I have never seen stern do that before

#1884 6 years ago

I joined the club even though I have a kiss,bm66,gb that all need work,but I played it on location for weeks and I changed my mind about the game,yes it is stripped and the code is not finished but there is a fun factor that is undeniable and I am having a blast with my pre,I am even having fun with the multipliers,they are way easer to understand than I originally thought and now I realize you don't need a ton of toys on a playfield to have a lot of fun

#1949 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I am having a blast with my SW premium. I am in the process of installing a few mods (I hope tasteful). A couple x-wing miniatures, the lighted Star Destroyer and a plasma bumper by lightedpinballmods.com, and a frame around the mini screen. I'm trying not to overdo it, but I like making my games mine. Once I get the plasma bumper installed I'll post some pics or a video. I can't stop playing it! Just one more time.

I recommend mirror blades on this game also ,very nice

2 months later
#2934 6 years ago

I built the metel earth one and am happy with it,wish it as bigger, it has reflective quality

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 years later
#8811 3 years ago

I have a missing worlds premium,le set for sale,new in box if anyone is interested 100.00 shipped USA

7F9F470C-5813-47AB-9E7D-BA2FE089BAE0 (resized).png7F9F470C-5813-47AB-9E7D-BA2FE089BAE0 (resized).png
2 months later
#9118 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks, I’ve developed an intermittent issue with the opto on the right side of the inner loop. It is intermittently failing to register when the ball crosses its path, which causes failed captures and shots not registering.
I’ve not yet had to troubleshoot an opto, other than cleaning it (which I’ve already done.)
Can you give me tips on how to make this solid again?

I just had the left ramp opto go out on my pro,all The others worked and the opto checked out fine.i traced it to a bad node.

#9121 3 years ago

I swapped for a new set I had.i would just wait for pinball life to arrive,I hope it is the opto.

1 week later
#9146 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Many prem/LE owners will balk at this, but the pro really is a good option. I've played multiple prem/LEs and the hyperloop is a decent gimmick, but to me it doesn't outweigh the issues it causes. The Death Star shot is hard enough without adding a 50% reject rate into the mix, plus the forks kill the flow of the Hoth shot since they can't drop out of the way fast enough. On the pro, both shots are always smooth as butter, 100% of the time. I personally wouldn't trade that for the ability to watch a ball zoom around a racetrack a few times. I also love how the pro handles Hyperspace multiball, with needing to smack the captured ball out of the horseshoe and then lock another one in there. It's a great feeling shot, and still feels special and different than other multiballs. Opinions definitely vary on that, but I would urge you not to overlook the pro. It's an awesome, vastly underrated game either way.

I have owned both A orginal premium and now a comic pro,I have lots of trouble with the hyper loop And the frustrating Hoth fork block,but when you hit the shot and maybe are lucky to get more than one ball looping it is cool but I love my comic pro and agree it is underrated.

1 month later
#9484 3 years ago

Has anybody With a pro installed a nitro pinball light saber,the expensive one.if so could I get a picture of placement!
Thanks

2 weeks later
#9532 3 years ago

I believe the topper retail for 750.00,since there are some still out there I would believe 550.00. And it would sell

2 weeks later
#9627 3 years ago

I have a millennium falcon I bought from lermod,led version for 85.00 shipped USA .

4A18697B-458D-4D71-98B3-A4F59D2BD715 (resized).jpeg4A18697B-458D-4D71-98B3-A4F59D2BD715 (resized).jpeg96057A91-5659-4912-83A0-C3C43289A440 (resized).jpeg96057A91-5659-4912-83A0-C3C43289A440 (resized).jpeg

#9631 3 years ago

My lermod falcon is sold,I just made my own because I wanted to see the drop targets and just thought it was to large
This one is Just right for me

6D143840-12AB-461F-9AA1-9B4DD65B9CC9 (resized).jpeg6D143840-12AB-461F-9AA1-9B4DD65B9CC9 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#9989 3 years ago

I believe the lighting is the same across all models

2 weeks later
#10148 3 years ago

Are there any r2d2 toppers left for sale around?

1 week later
#10259 3 years ago

R2 Topper up for sale in the market!if you want it great and I am sure the price police will chime in but they are no longer available according to my research and it will only be going up in the future,I paid a premium when I bought it to!

2 months later
#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Just joined the club with a very low play premium. Traded my Iron Maiden premium straight across. Super fast game and still figuring it all out. So far only issue I’ve had is after shooting the fork ramp into the Death Star, if it’s in the mode where it sends it back out, it goes directly down the middle. Doesn’t seem to be an adjustment for that but if anyone has a suggestion please let me know. I’m very handy and rebuild machines, so I’m not afraid of tearing things apart to fix them

That what makes the premium so frustrating and fun,I had to admit I have a pro but had a premium in the past and I want to trade my comic pro loaded for a premium plus cash of corse,if anybody want to trade.maybe someone really like the comic art on the pro and mine is very very nice

3 weeks later
#10876 2 years ago

That is a nice pro,I like the premium apron,I did your force drops back lit like you did,I will have to try some powder coating one day

4 months later
#11482 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question:
So I changed the drops to those lighted drops from Mezel Mods. Love it. No question at all. But when changing them out. I noticed a grease or something (looked intentional) on the back side of the original black drops. I imagine it was put/smeared on to keep the drops smooth and lubed for all the up-down action.
Reason I'm wondering now is that the far drop and it's neighbor are a bit "bricky" now since the change-out, and I'm thinking now want to take the drop mech down and put some of that stuff on the back in of them as I think it would help smooth the action out.
...so the question is, what is that stuff and any recs on what to safely use?
Thanks

I don’t know what is on your drops but they should be clean from anything other then what they put on the disrupters so they can be seen by the optos,I use black paint.

2 months later
#11715 2 years ago

If anyone has a premium for trade in the Michigan area

Quoted from Rockbiter:

Totally, that's our guy that made the amazing Lightsaber shooter lane mod...

Exactly,he is no dummy!

3 weeks later
#11814 2 years ago

I have always hated the plastic on my comic pro and wished I had the steel Ramps on the premium so I just sold my pro yesterday to pickup a local premium,I wish you would have posted a few days ago!

#11819 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really want to purchase the 2Niro light saber mod. Mezel used to carry it, but I no longer see it on their site. Do any North American distributors sell it, or do I have to order it straight from 2Niro?

Just get it from nitro,easy enough!

#11841 2 years ago

I sold my beautiful comic pro to upgrade to a premium,I loved my pro and the comic art is the best imho but I am really enjoying my new premium and I have modded it up with lot of goodie’s,light saber is waiting for the controller from nitro in France or work with 1.10 but other than that it is good to go and what can I say the hyper loop and metal ramps are the reason I went though the trouble to upgrade!

492BB5E6-18BC-4FCD-84E4-6B9727E0441E (resized).jpeg492BB5E6-18BC-4FCD-84E4-6B9727E0441E (resized).jpegD31854A8-BAAB-4C14-8295-9E0B7E26C555 (resized).jpegD31854A8-BAAB-4C14-8295-9E0B7E26C555 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#11904 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Maybe its the honeymoon fase, but why did the game get so much hate? I absolutely love it.
Got a real nice deal for a comic premium so will be upgrading on friday the guy is a non pinhead and got it for his son, they even put a playfieldprotector in. Will take that out right away..
Is the premium stuff worth it in this pin? Will read all the pages anyway. What a fantastic underrated game!

It seems like the game is getting more and more popular and demand has gone up quite a bit,fantastic game!

#11911 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Hi everyone! Joined the club today with a used pro. Yay! I’m sure I will be inquiring about a lot of things but, My first big question is where do you find the Death Star super laser led replacement board #520-7041-00 in the us? Forgive me if my Internet skills are lacking, but I’m only seeing European suppliers for that. Mine has 2 lamps out (somehow, seeing the Death Star smiling at me is not so menacing lol) Thank you in advance and I appreciate all help! Love this game and looking forward to putting in many hours. Fast, challenging and the theme is….Star Wars, man!! Stoked!
[quoted image]

Easy fix, just order a few 3 mm green leds,make sure they are clear not green color,I just fixed a few on mine,easy to unsolder the old ones and replace with new ones,of ask a friend to help if you can’t.

The board comes out with two easy screws and one connector.

#11918 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Ordering led’s now and confused a little…should they be green or clear? Appreciate your help!
Edit: just realized you meant green with clear lens lol

I have a ton,I can send you some for free!

#11922 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Aw, damn! Missed it by THAT much lol
Much appreciated but already placed the order. Now I’ll have a ton!

That is exactly what I bought,no worries!

2 weeks later
#12049 2 years ago

I have owned both and I loved my pro and my premium both,the pro has a cool ball lock that you can smack and the premium has a hyper loop,I have never seen more people ask the which one is better pro or premium .

I upgraded my pro to premium because of the steel ramps and of corse the loop but if the pro came with steel ramps I think I would have not gone through the trouble.

3 months later
#12325 1 year ago

I do all my drop targets like this,just buy the drops and back light them,I did blue and red on my game!it’s not earth shattering but well worth the effort and cost.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#12336 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Do you still have a source for the clear targets? Thanks for the pics! Looks good!!!

I went ahead and bought the lighting kit.
Hoping someday someone will come up with usable clear targets.

I keep forgetting who I buy them from,ask pinsider Zitt for where to get them,fun mod and if you need help for joe to do it ask me I have good pictures?

2 months later
#12501 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

I only have the pro, but this game is awesome! I do not have the issues of cheap drains and only had to adjust just a couple things to get it set up to really sing.
Having said that, the game is fairly hard (I'm a mid-level player) and some games are short, other games, when you're really feeling it can last 15 minutes or more.

Only the pro, love the pro and lots like it netter than the premium!

#12510 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I made a stainless steel ramp and segmented wireform mod for the pro models and I will be starting on the first set for a customer in the next few days. If your interested in these and have not seen the mod thread please message through pinside or Loganpinball.com. I wanted to post in the owners thread for anyone that does not look through mod posts.
These sets take 16 hours to make, sand, stone, polish and I playtest every set I make. Its $755 shipped to U.S.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-wireforms-coming-soon
Video of them being played.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Just an observation if you buy these steel ramps you will be able to install the ultra cool lightsaber mod that does not fit well with the stock plastic ramps .

2 weeks later
#12582 1 year ago

The pro is still great game

#12587 1 year ago

I had a pro and upgraded to premium,both are great but most will be very happy with pro,

#12595 1 year ago

Lets admit all version of this title are Great,I was happy with my pro ad am happy with my premium and I believe this run is the last!

#12610 1 year ago

I have a feeling if you have the lightsaber mod it may not work if you install new code,true last update!

2 months later
#12964 1 year ago

Look for the light saber mod!

1 week later
#13005 1 year ago

Have both and love both

1 week later
#13080 1 year ago

Are you going to sell them?

4 months later
#13906 1 year ago

May I ask for a pictures of the area behind the mini screen,I removed the display and am old as f and can’t remember how to reinstall the plastic guard behind the screen ,l looked in the manual and searched pictures but nothing

Sorry thanks.

#13922 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Find it a few pages back. Someone recently asked the same question and got the photos here.

Found it.
Thanks

5 months later
#14442 7 months ago

The topper just turns and beeps but it is still very nice and wish I didn’t sell mine, I believe they are around 2000.00 or so now.

6 months later
#14950 32 days ago

Love folks standing up for there version of the game pro premium.both super fun and I upgraded to premium from pro and love the hyper ramp but the pro was great also.play and decide.

#14966 32 days ago

I also like the look of premium wire ramps and on the pro and the amazing light saber mod is harder to install just does not fit correctly with the plastic ramps.but ya pro is great also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=rockrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.