IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7074 4 years ago

Today is May the 4th (be with you)!

Happy Star Wars Day.

#7136 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Wars is definitely a mixed bag here on Pinside. I believe this comes down to a few things:
1. Sparse play field. People still cant accept the fact that this was designed by Steve Ritchie and the intent of this design was to make it his fastest pin ever, and he achieved that. The game can be overly brutal and the vocal minority speak up any chance they get to hammer this game because of it. But, IMO that’s what makes it a great HUO game.
2. Unorthodox ruleset. The rules are not intuitive, plain and simple. And while it’s cool to look at, The display is not used very well from a players perspective. A lot of people don’t give this game the necessary time of day because of what i said above in item 1, the brutality of the pin. So a lot of people just don’t want to learn the game on their dime. Once i understood all the missions, the game took off in a big way, and i love the ruleset on this beast.
3. This is probably the biggie; Mission Stacking is defaulted ON. With mission stacking on, people are even more confused as to what’s going on; and not only that, the theme integration is horrible with stacking on. However, now that i understand and ‘get’ the game and the objectives, it makes all the sense in the world to have stacking on from a players perspective.
That all said; i turned stacking off tonight on my SW which i do from time to time and i absolutely love it! With stacking off, the theme immersion really comes to life and i feel like I’m apart of the Star Wars universe battling Vader, the empower, stormtroopers, Boba Fett, etc...
All in all. SW isn’t a ‘total package’ game like IMDN, BM66, or DP. But man, what it offers is a blast, and a great addition to my lineup. Despite the love/hate relationship i have with SW - i’d Put it in my top 5 sterns.

Nailed it.

My biggest complaint has been that I have felt that the fairly deep ruleset didn't match the brutality of the pin. I just wasn't getting very far into it. Part of the reason for that was not having a real good understanding of the overall rules and the best strategy to complete various modes with stacking on. Turning stacking off definitely helps with the immersion into the theme, and also makes it easier to concentrate on the actual mission (mode) at hand. It is also more satisfying to complete a mode with stacking off because with stacking on you will often miss the audio cues telling you that you completed a mode.

I like stacking off, but it's obviously going to make it harder to defeat the Emperor (which I finally did for the first time last week...with stacking on).

#7143 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

My only fear is the looks I'll get when people blow out all of my scores when they choose stacked missions and I never do.

Don't give them the option. Turn off stacking in the menu.

#7179 4 years ago

I nailed the hyperloop/death star hurry up shot for 1.3 billion points a couple days ago (had 40x running).

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It was designed for 6.5, nothing more nothing less.

Actually Steve Ritchie has said that anywhere between 6.5 and 7.0 is ok.

#7199 4 years ago

This is a post made by Steve Ritchie on FB:

Black Knight Sword of Rage was designed to play at 6.5 to 7 degrees. While I realize game owners can do as they wish with their games, this game plays fast at 6.5-7 degrees. Making it steeper is absolutely cheating, because it removes the side-to-side action that makes the game interesting. I hate a float-y game as much as you guys do, ya think? It is fun to learn to react with the right nudges and flipper skills to keep the ball in play, and is part of the Black Knight's challenge. It will help improve your game play skills. Side-to-side ball action when mastered also affords some really cool ways of knocking down the drops, scoring the Ball Saver in the left drain and setting up for nice feeds to the flippers. BKSOR has made me a better player, but I am no champion.

With the Premium and LE, a steeper slope is not a good idea. Besides cheating, fewer shots will make it to the upper playfield through the Flail Lane.

#7209 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I did that right away and put it flat because I wanted my family to hopefully like it. We didn’t enjoy it a bunch in the arcade but I thought I could get it to play better than the arcades.
I have it at around 6.5 now so I’ll play some games on it tonight. I really liked adding the mods though. That was a lot of fun looking and trying different things. Probably my favorite part of it so I hope I can get it to play well and don’t have to sell

This pin was completely kicking my ass for the better part of a year. I didn't like the code for a few reasons: I wasn't getting far enough into the game to realize how good the code was because it was kicking my ass, and I didn't have a good understanding of the rules and strategy to make the most of completing the modes. I was of the opinion that the fairly deep code did not match well to the brutality of the pin.

Finally took the time to try and dial the pin in, which involved a lot of adjustments regarding pitch. I was all over the place, from 7.0 to 7.2 to 6.5 to 6.8 and finally settling around 6.6. I have a fairly loose tilt too. I had been playing with stacking on for quite awhile, but just recently turned stacking off and found myself really enjoying the modes more since you can concentrate on each individual mode. I thought no way would I get to battle the Emperor with stacking off and I would never beat my prior high score of 12 billion, but then, today, I did this (defeated the Emperor and was 3 missions away from getting back to Emperor with my second character. This is one of my most epic games on any pin in a couple of years):
IMG_3687 (resized).jpegIMG_3687 (resized).jpeg

#7210 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I did that right away and put it flat because I wanted my family to hopefully like it.

By the way, putting the pin flat can actually make it harder, so definitely play around with the pitch.

#7233 4 years ago

The difference between 5.5 degrees pitch and 6.5 degrees is huge.

#7235 4 years ago

You know what I'd like to see added for High Score tables? A champion for the fastest person to Escape Boba Fett. This would be like LotR for destroying the ring.

I escaped Boba Fett in about 6 seconds a few times recently. The shots can flow extremely well one after the other, and hitting them in perfect succession like that is very satisfying.

#7257 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

major bugs, we need a new code update.
i updated mine from an older code to the latest code a week ago. i had never seen this bug in the older coe.
i have experience 2-3 times where i have closed out 1, 2, or 3 planets and there is nothing lit or available to advance to the next planet(s) or missions. really weird, all i could do was drain out the ball as i couldn't advance them. anyone else experience this? code is 1.05.

If you hadn't qualified (lit) one of the remaining planets, you have to shoot that planet's shot a certain amount of times to make it's missions available. There will not be anything "lit" to tell you this.

#7260 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

yes, i am aware of that. I am saying that those shots are not available to shoot to qualify and start planet missions. there is nothing to shoot, you can't light the planets to even start the missions.

I figured you probably knew that but I didn't want to leave out the obvious either.

Strange bug for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.