IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1213 6 years ago

Is IRMA threatening your home , family and pinball machines ? I hope not it looks bad Cat 3 but may ramp back up to Cat 4 by Sunday

2 weeks later
#1359 6 years ago

I have started my own thread on an issue I had on a location SW Pro . I love this pinball . No one in the 10 responses has had this issue . Good except that I ran into it and I am (Secretly) hoping that one of you have had this issue and can reassure me that is not a (geometrically) flaw in the design of this SW pinball and it is fixable. It was very Bad issue on this machine and it seemed level in all regards. Sorry if I sound like a Drama queen . Here is a quote from my post. Afraid to buy this pinball.
I played STERN SW Pro on location for 6 hours. I may buy a LE or a Pro not sure yet and I (won't) buy it if this issue I am asking you about is on many SW machines. Here it goes . There is are (two control gates) at top of playfield one is left of the top lanes one is right of the top lanes under right ramp. They serve as many have done on many pinball games. Stopping the pinball from going Left to Right. Or stopping pinball Right to Left to feed the top rollover lanes and Pops. The Control gate's (other) function is to in some situations (Open) the gate to allow the pinball to travel through the two gate's buy lifting the gate flap (up) for shots to bypass the lanes and Pops and travel all the way around the back of the playfield in a large loop either going from the Left orbit to the right orbit. Or the Right Orbit to the left orbit pass the spinner. Just like TOM Spell Theatre on left orbit or Advance clock via right orbit. The issue I had with the STERN STAR WARS when I shot the (Right) Orbit and the control gate was activated allowing the pinball to travel around the back of playfield looping Right to left and descending screaming down the (left) orbit pass the spinner . 90-95% of the time the shot went SDTM . The machine was level at 6.5 and the bubble was center . It may not be level left to right but it looked ok. Even if it was off some this Right Orbit to Left Orbit shot I do not feel should be so off causing 90-95% of the pinball's to travel SDTM. It could be a leveling issue but it was BAD. I need input from the Pinside community who have played SW PRO/LE if is issue is wide spread. I read a lot of forum post for a month and did not read about this issue. I dig this pinball machine a lot . But not if this (Right) orbit to (Left) orbit shot is going to go SDTM 90% of the time. What has p-layers/owners experience been like to this issue I am having ? Gut say's Left to Right was off but it did not seen to be . Not my machine and no level for testing. I ready to pull the trigger . But not till I here communities feed back. Rob

STERN STARWARS PRO Rifgt Orbit (resized).jpgSTERN STARWARS PRO Rifgt Orbit (resized).jpg

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hit the right orbit maybe once or twice a game so can't really say. I will say this definitely should be something you can remedy with adjustments to the game. LW3 has the same issue. Adjust the leveling of the game a bit, and it's fixed.
Something like that wouldn't worry me, but everyone is different.

Thanks you probably correct. I have had similar issue on my LOTR LE pinball coming from the (Right) orbit feeding SDTM I fixed with messing with casters . But it still will do it SDTM from time to time. Just hoping a SW player or owner has run into this issue and can confirm it was resolved. As these SW model is expensive at the moment for me & $ 8,700. Thank you.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say that if Dwight doesn't put something in the code that allows you to shut Yoda the f**k up at the end of each ball by hitting both flippers, that could be enough to make me sell my game. It's starting to piss me off. The cancel only cancels the bonus information...but the little f**ker keeps talking.

I like Yoda . But I see your point . I sold my SM due to the voice of the Daily Bugle actors voice and his call out and repetitive main sound track. Only machine I have ever sold do to Music and That damn voice . But I did it.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hit the right orbit maybe once or twice a game so can't really say. I will say this definitely should be something you can remedy with adjustments to the game. LW3 has the same issue. Adjust the leveling of the game a bit, and it's fixed.
Something like that wouldn't worry me, but everyone is different.

I played the same and only local SW location Pro again tonight for a few hours . A little better but not much .

Quoted from RobKnapp:

The issue I had with the STERN STAR WARS when I shot the (Right) Orbit and the control gate was activated allowing the pinball to travel around the back of playfield looping Right to left and descending screaming down the (left) orbit pass the spinner . 90-95% of the time the shot went SDTM .

I did notice on a slower shot by chance. I saw the pinball make (contact) from the metal loop that ends under the spinner. STERN put a leaf switch right below the spinner. There are two small posts that have a rubber around the leaf switch. This rubber is not flush with the metal loop of orbit . The rubber protrudes a few millimeters past the Metal Orbit loop frame. I think this is causing the pinball to bounce oddly enough to cause these SDTM issues. I took a photo It is hard to see but the rubber is protruding (Left Orbit exit) just out to cause an issue I believe .

STERN STARWARS PRO Left  Orbit Exit rubber (resized).jpgSTERN STARWARS PRO Left Orbit Exit rubber (resized).jpg

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Same here, it settles down around game 113...
Adjust the kick out power down, that helps a lot
I added the pro post thats below the f drop, world of difference on cheap launch drains

Did you have to buy a new Post to add below the (F) Drop ? I do not own the SW machine yet . Would you take a Photo and post so I and others see exactly what you did by adding the post. Thank You .

4 weeks later
#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Pro has been great so far, still figuring things out of course, love the lightsaber battle, didnt know this game had multi colour GI, so cool in that mode!
If GOT had a baby with ironman, it would be this game

This is where STERN did it right on there STARWARS (3) model platform tier . They finely added choreographed GI LED lighting on The PRO/Prem/LE . And they also added all the same playfield RGB color changing inserts on all models.

3 weeks later
#2112 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

My SW Premium that I got 3 days ago was an absolute drain monster from the plunger to the 3 bank to the left outlane. All 4 of the SW Pros I had played before were no where near that. Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: all the difference in the world!!! An auto plunged ball still hits the 3 bank, but then it goes into the FORCE drop bank or the ring above it instead of the outlane area.

Glad you fixed your issue! It sounds like a lot of work . For me and others after you Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: How did you adjust it ? And what position did you move the plunger rail (left) (right) (up) (down) ??? Any additional info would be helpful . Thank you .

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

So yesterday evening broke out my standard small bubble level and electronic level

I am old school . I use a simple bubble level the is like a pen you could wear on shirt pocket . I have been wanting a digital or electronic level for pinball . What is the best type/brand to get And where do I purchase it from ? Thanks a million.

#2152 6 years ago

I am looking for a (Armor MOD) for small LCD display for Star Wars pinball . And a (Mirror) behind the back Rollover Lanes "ala" TOM There is one in the market place . It is not bad .
However It is not the one I like the best. I have seen it on a few machines . (Armor mini LCD MOD) and the (Mirror) backboard MOD) I PM the owners with no response . I relay to all PM I get many about my LED conversions . Any way the (2) MOD's look like this . See photo it is the best I want one . Thanks a Million .

StarWars LCD screen Bezel (resized).jpgStarWars LCD screen Bezel (resized).jpg

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I think its probably just one for GB, I have one on my GB and was thinking the same thing, cant see the pops or lanes with the screen there.
https://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-mirror-replacement-mod

Quoted from dnapac:

Actually, cointaker has both. Just go to game specific mods under Stern Star Wars.

Quoted from AUKraut:

I bought this one from Amazon and it works well:
amazon.com link »

Pinside is great . Thanks to all for your help. Rob Knapp

1 week later
#2268 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Any Pro owners out there? What protectors do you guys recommend to keep this thing from getting too beat up?

Bare minimum .This goes for any pinball . Mylar or Clear laminating sheet cut to fit the shoot lane.

thumbnail_IMG_0225 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0225 (resized).jpg

#2274 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I decided to put my SW LE on five ball for now until I learn more with the rules and objectives.(Blowing up the DS is not easy) I am also considering tightening the gap on left outlane. The speed of this game is so fast you really have to concentrate to maintain ball control. I am seriously loving this game! Now if I can just learn control. Control, control, you must learn control!

Before you purchased your SWLE you made a comment about your concern price and sales tax of buying locally. Denver. I am in the same boat 7.6 % sales tax on these newer machines is killing me . I sent you a PM about your opinion but you did not replay. My I ask where you decided to purchase your SWLE and GOTG from ? I have never shipped in a pinball machine in my life . I always just pay the 7.6 % tax but the LE's are cost is nudging to look out of state . Thank you for any feedback .

#2277 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why not just start buying the premiums since they are the same game play as the LE? $1200+ saved just right there.

Pro / Premium / LE all expensive with added 7.6 % sales tax.

#2285 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I will just say, support your local distributor.
Rob

I have since 1994.

#2291 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

robknapp got a link to a good vendor for the mylar you use?

I use 3 Mil. Selfseal Laminating sheet for (shooter lane) since I discovered it in 2008 at anoffice store . I use it around (scoops). I use it to cover (decals) like on TOM 'Trap Door'. I used on Scared Stiff crate Decal . I have used it over (ghosting inserts) . I have used it on areas of (art) on a playfield that is starting to wear like the 'Fish' on Red and Teds Road Show . I have used it over (magnets).I have used it on my Avengers LE HULK (LED) Flasher reflector to hold Flasher from falling out. It is so clear that it is almost invisible. I have never used it for its intended purpose . Only pinball . I dub it "Miracle Mylar"
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/953053/Swingline-GBC-SelfSeal-Laminating-Sheets-3/

100_0365 (resized).JPG100_0365 (resized).JPG

100_0194 (resized).JPG100_0194 (resized).JPG

KISS 14 (resized).jpgKISS 14 (resized).jpg

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How are owners feeling about SW at this point? I'm considering buying one. I have played a few games of both the Pro and the Premium, but I'm interested in hearing from folks that own it and have played it dozens or hundreds of times.

Either Star Wars Prem /LE or Star Wars Pro are great . I have now played both multiple times.
I think the SW Pro is a better game . It just shoots better and is smoother. Easier Death Star shot .
Same as Game of Thrones Pro . It is best from a game play perspective .
That hold true for Star Wars Pro as well.
This just a point of view and other have good counterpoint .

2 weeks later
#2559 6 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

I noticed over the weekend that the right outlane insert is missing paint. I don’t think it was like this when I got it 2 months ago. Is this something I should be concerned about or is it no big deal?

It is minor wear . Yes do something about it absolutely. I would . Easy fix .
Step # 1 black sharpie ever so lightly color worn/defective paint on insert. If Step # 1 makes you nervous skip to Step # 2.
Step # 2 Buy some 3 mil. Self adhesive laminating sheet from an office store.
Step # 3 lay a piece of the 3 mil. Self adhesive laminating sheet over insert and trace the out line of outer black circle. Cut to fit .
Step # 4 take template. Peel off white backing and adhere over insert .
I have been doing this for many years .Better than mylar for this type of fix as it does not have as much sticky adhesive .
https://www.amazon.com/Swingline-SelfSeal-Adhesive-Laminating-3747307/dp/B000EFOBRE
This photo has nothing to do with SW. It is an example were I used the Laminate to make a decal to cover my KISS LE black rubber Disc as it was leaving black residue all over pinballs and playfield .

KISS Disc motor mylar decal (resized).jpgKISS Disc motor mylar decal (resized).jpg

#2560 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

‘Just installed 1.00 on Pro, but I now have issues with the Hoth shot: the flippers are dead and ball drains 3 times in 5 games.’
Can anybody help this guy out?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes Stern can; pick up the phone and call them.

Quoted from rotstern:

No its only when shooting Hoth.

Maybe. Maybe not . Chas and Patrick are good but if it is a code glitch STERN may have no clue .
(Does this Hoth issue happen on other people Pro model or LE ?)
I remember the STERN StarTrek Vengeance Multi-Ball issue were the magnet would hold the two pinballs together and not release them or add the third pinball . I called Chas and Patrick they had no Idea what I was talking about . I sent them a video of the issue . It took a year for STERN to find the problem . I almost sold my machine do to the issue . But STERN absolutely fixed with a Code up date it was a real Head scratcher .

#2566 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Thanks again! I hope you don't mind me copying your ideas on the ships. Now I just need to figure out what color to powder coat the legs & armor on my premium. I don't care for the black wrinkle finish. The shiny black on the LE is better. I was wondering what blue would look like. I think the premium is a bit harder(to pick armor color) than the other versions since it is very light on the left side and black on the right. It may end up looking good on one side and weird on the other? Does anyone know if the deluxe (top)armor on the LE is being reproduced or is available?

One I am doing .

StarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpgStarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpg

#2568 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Had my first V1.0 code glitch last night. Made the hyperspace hurry up shot while the purple rectangular DeathStar insert was flashing. Ball went around the accelerator 4 times likes it’s supposed to for the hurry up, then the upper gate opened to divert the ball to the right ramp return. Hyperspace hurry up video ends and it immediately goes to mode select while darkening the pin and shutting off the flippers. Ball drains and ends, goes to bonus count.........arrrghh!!!
While I know the Stern guys check out pinside every now and then, what is the best way of contacting them to let them know about this bug??

[email protected]

#2570 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[email protected]
[email protected]
Patrick will just forward it there anyway...

I want the head of STERN Technical Support Patrick Powers to read any issues .
I would attach all three email address. Thanks for more information .

#2605 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What size spacer. I also read about a guy that did his own and tightened it too much and cracked the legs. I know it’s an inexpensive fix, just don’t want to cause problems.

Quoted from tbanthony:

It would be helpful if you linked what you purchased for the convenience of others and then they can decide if they just want to resolve it themselves as well.

I found this (Do it your Self ) photo on the official 189 190 " Holy Nod board thread " one of the two fixes both need to be done. This is DIY spacer # 102

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holy-node-board-batman-and-ghostbusters-and-aerosmith-and-star-wars/page/3#post-4097250

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

There're people rating data east Star Wars higher the Stern Star Wars, how it's possible ??

As an former owner of DataEast SW it is a fun pinball and has a great original John Williams score . Original 1977 cast voice overs . Excellent Art and the best Backglass art for Star Wars in my opinion . And the 25th anniversary code update rom gives it better balance of game play . It is still a classic DataEast and John Borgs most successful DataEast pinball . It is much easer to understand for players . STERN SW is for seasoned pinball players. I like them both. STERN SW is the best version of the Original trilogy . In my opinion. And my favorite . But many plays will find it to hard . Those are some reason why Data East SW will remain liked in addition to freedom of choice and to have one's own opinion.

#2660 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I fixed this problem by cleaning under the diverter with some novus 1 and Q-Tips. It had a very small amount of wax buildup and it must’ve been sticking together just enough to affect the timing. Give it a shot. I haven’t had that problem since I cleaned it out.

What about ZOOM Spout .The LA-CO® Precision Spout Oiler has a flexible telescoping spout specially designed to reach up to 13" to lubricate hard-to-reach areas. The nondetergent SAE 10 turbine-grade oil is an excellent general purpose lubricant for use on rotating and reciprocating motors, bearings, slides, and other equipment. This stuff last a long time . I use it on Game of Thrones battering ram slide . VID1900 turned me on to it .

Zoom Spout (resized).jpgZoom Spout (resized).jpg

#2661 6 years ago

De-OX-ID is great as well. Carbon Dioxide/Heptane/Mineral Oil/VM&P Naptha .Food for thought .

De-OX-ID (resized).pngDe-OX-ID (resized).png

2 weeks later
#2819 6 years ago

Annoying . STERN Stand -Up seem to do this more than my Midway machines . If you reseat the target I used a piece of bamboo shish kebab stick in wood screw hole to tighten the fit . SW flair and X-Men Target Flair .

StarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPGStarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPG
X-MeN Stand up traget (resized).JPGX-MeN Stand up traget (resized).JPG

#2841 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Yes, just adjust it back to center, and consider installing one of these:
https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

This looks awesome . Should I order the 1/2 inch split for Star Wars Targets stand up targets?

StarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPGStarWars Stand up Target (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3089 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, problem solved. As suspected, the plastic attached to the coil bracket was too restrictive. There was zero play in the mech. Some light whittling, and we’re back in business.
This is the first time I’ve had to whittle a NIB.

Glad you resolved the issue . What tool did you use to as you say (Whittle) to expand the circumference of circle ? Thank You.

#3114 6 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

What am I missing here? I am a die hard star wars collector with a lifesize hansolo in my living room as well as tens of thousands of dollars worth of star wars stuff. I played this star wars pro machine at the pinball museum in vegas... holy crap is this the most barren/ boring looking game ever? Seeing all the John Borg machines next to this made it stand out even more. Guardians pro, Kiss pro, Aerosmith pro all looked amazing compared to this. And Star wars is the superior IP..
What an absolute let down. I really wish they would have let John do something similar to what was done on the kiss machine
especially since he did the original D.E machine. what a bummmer. lame
Is this any better on the LE/ Premium?

The Pro shoots excellent . I own KISS LE . It is so cool with the GENE mech. So I see your point However. Is the SW PRO barran i would say yes compared to my other STERN pins . Is it boring hell no it is an adrenaline rush .Is the SWLE better possibly . I think what you missed is there were to many other pinball machines that you mentioned are very (aesthetically) pleasing and distracted you away from Star Wars . You were not able to get a true feel for the pinball . STERN Star Was is the best Star Wars Pinball based on the original trilogy ever made . The Pro is an excellent example of value as it has the same RGB color changing inserts and the choreographed GI lighting as the Premium/Limited Edition. It is all about the game play. The modes are represented great in synergy to the LCD film clips and voice overs from the original films . The music by John Williams score is excellent . All this brings you into the Star Wars original Trilogy universe . The game play is hard. But there are so many ways to choose to play the rule-set. The shot multiplier system is very addicting as you learn how you may manually move the shots around the playfield for maximum scoring . I have never played a pinball game with this type of control given to the player. This style of code brings so much "breadth" of strategically building up you shot multipliers and choosing different main character from the Star Wars 1977 film to aid you through your playing experience . It is a " masterpiece" in coding and fun. And "Fun" is what defines a great pinball machine .

1 week later
#3184 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I will probably go with mirrors. But I do want to get a set of spare plastics.

I ordered a full set of playfield plastics and decals direct from STERN in 2013 for my NIB Avengers LE . I did have to buy the entire playfield plastic set however. STERN has gotten tougher with going through a distributor . So find out were your machine was purchased if you do not know use SS# . Have distributor order the plastic set .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=robknapp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.