IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ricochet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6676 5 years ago

Joined the club tonight... only had time for one game. Very excited to be in the galaxy !!!

A9BB2549-C356-4AEB-995D-E102BCE73F59 (resized).jpegA9BB2549-C356-4AEB-995D-E102BCE73F59 (resized).jpeg
#6688 5 years ago

I've had this game for about a week... I've put about 50 or so games on it.

I'm super satisfied with this title. I am a Star Wars nut (that helps) but that alone isn't enough to keep me interested. I like the fact that this game is really fast. I've found that fast games appeal to me more and consequently I also like loop shots and this one has lots of both.

It is a complicated game. I was playing with my friend and he was like "what are my goals here?". We just came off of playing a ton Monster Bash and hadn't spent too much time to understand the mechanics of this game... learning the mechanics of Star Wars is light-years more complex compared to MB. If you walk into this game blind, you MUST pay attention to the instructions provided on the displays, otherwise you are immediately lost and you will quickly find your self just keeping the ball alive. So first impression (Star Wars goodness aside) can be misleading if you don't pay attention. If I could critique this game a bit it would be on the interactive video mode, its pretty lame IMHO... Star Wars is ripe with video mode options... I feel like having just the asteroid field is very repetitive and a missed opportunity for this pin. Having a video mode per mission would have been really cool.

I'm satisfied with the pro, I've never played the premium but there is enough here to keep me going for a while.

#6689 5 years ago

Been thinking about possible interactive video modes... (not that it matters... just my Star Wars brain going off)

- Tatooine Search for R2 - Landspeeder perspective, time based, desert rocks, obstacles. Obstacles knock off your time/bonus... similar to Asteroid field. Maybe add a scanner so you can tell if your headed towards R2.
- Hoth Probe Droid Attack - Probe droid is able to move around and hide behind snow banks, your objective is to destroy, more than hit required, time based bonus. Droid self destructs if you don't complete the mission in time.
- Death Star - Trench run, avoid trench obstacles, knock out guns (like the star wars video game). I know its been done to death but it would work just fine IMHO.
- Endor Death Star Run - Maneuver through the super-structure, without wrong turns or collisions. Like the mine car run from IJ rewards based upon number of correct maneuvers.
- Endor Speeder Bike Chase - Although this is already a mission, I think this really should have been an interactive video mode. This is basically a re-skin of the Endor Death Star run... but would be a nice variation. Maybe add a enemy you can hit with the action button.

I know its not a video game, its a pinball machine, but I think of all the great video modes in my IJ machine and they are fun breaks in the game.

#6698 5 years ago

Got this today... pricy but cool

B56A2706-88CE-4479-921E-9CB054D8D0FC (resized).jpegB56A2706-88CE-4479-921E-9CB054D8D0FC (resized).jpeg
#6700 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Wow nice !! Where did you buy it ?

Metalhead Pinball here in the Marketplace

#6704 5 years ago

Just ordered my PDI glass... This machine with mirror blades is super bright and crazy reflective!!!!

#6707 5 years ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I bought my first pin yesterday- a gently used Star Wars Premium. I'm really digging everything about this game. I've put in about 40 games or so and got to the final Death Star mission twice with R2D2. My ball times are starting to get a lot longer as I'm controlling the ball vs smacking it around at all the flashing lights. Contrary to what a lot of people are saying about the premium Death Star shot, I'm finding it to not be so bad. I actually find it's easier to hit from the left flipper instead of the right. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to find the angles and the left shot is more aligned with the ramp. And that hyperspace rail around the top... it's so satisfying to watch that I wish it went around a few more times for fun! Well, that's it for now... I have a lot of pages to read and this Death Star to destroy. The fate of the galaxy rests in my hands!
And no the ceiling of my game room isn't THAT low... just where the vent runs through. It's not very cramped when you step back and look at it.
[quoted image]

Congrats !!! I’m a huge fan of the “gently used” purchase. The hobby is pretty saturated with buyers and manufacturers so there are tons of quick turns. As long as the hobby has a nice selection of “gently used” inventory ... I won’t be buying NIB for a long time.

Kinda wish I’d picked up a premium... maybe some day I’ll sell my pro and upgrade.

#6721 5 years ago

Getting there ... it’s pretty exciting when you get through the missions!!!

38671EB7-DF18-4BC1-8416-B1CC0F3DFD22 (resized).jpeg38671EB7-DF18-4BC1-8416-B1CC0F3DFD22 (resized).jpeg
#6730 5 years ago

This is my first sheet of PDI glass I’ve ever purchased... I’m blown away by how great this looks!!!

9B57542C-DE47-4A81-A17D-E594F7EDC881 (resized).jpeg9B57542C-DE47-4A81-A17D-E594F7EDC881 (resized).jpeg
#6733 5 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Just curious... Do you guys order direct from PDI, or have you found a distributor here in the US? It looks fantastic!

Got mine from Joey at pinballdecals.com

#6739 5 years ago

I’m actually digging R2 at the moment.... I was playing Han, Luke and Leia a bunch ... but R2 is killing it for me right now!

#6753 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thinking of picking up a pro. Any issues with cabniet separation ?

My pro is really flawless. No issues whatsoever... and I'm the second owner

2 weeks later
#6830 5 years ago

Action button... are there any hidden functions / features that it supports? I recently discovered that it gives you a power boost in the video mode making it much more challenging.

#6832 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The boost in video mode is directly related to your scoring since the more asteroids you can pass, the higher your score. So it is more of a risk/reward rather than just a difficulty setting. Always be boosting.
If you go into instant info, all of the action button items are displayed for you.

Thanks! On boost risk/reward... yup, faster more asteroids to pass, higher possible bonus. Been doing that since I discovered it.

I noticed when selecting missions/mode that the action button actually causes some of the inserts to change color but it was unclear to me on what that was actually doing. Thanks for the info on instant info. I've not really dug in... I'm kind of discovering things along the way.

#6843 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yes. Thanks! Interesting review on the product . Anyone else?

Yup thats my review.

#6851 5 years ago

The cost of that topper is just beyond crazy... (if it ever hits the street) I'm sure people will jump on it... more power to you if you have that kind of money to burn.

#6852 5 years ago

Quick fix to the Mezel mods air ball guard.

Because the guard sits between the mounting post and the playfield mount... it raises the Tie Fighter bracket and makes it uneven with the rear mounting surface.

I drilled out the hole to 1/4” so the mounting post would go through the protector and properly screw all the way into its mount. I got a piece of rigid plastic tubing that I cut to fit between the top of the air ball guard and the tie bracket. This isn’t necessary simply drilling through the guard is enough but this hold the guard firmly in place.

(pic is cockeyed ... everything is in fact straight)
600D5891-20B9-481E-B80C-356356036698 (resized).jpeg600D5891-20B9-481E-B80C-356356036698 (resized).jpeg

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My tie fighter went back in level without issue. Didn’t have to do any of that to get things to fit properly.

Mine didn’t ... the hole was too small.

#6859 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

My hole was off center and I had to egg shape mine to get it to work.

This simply didn't fit well for me. I think the tolerances are too tight. I needed to cut back some material where the guard touches the left ramp to get the holes to align. Once they were aligned everything was fine except the tie fighter bracket bolt/sleeve. That hole needs to be 1/4" so the sleeve will go through the guard. Adding that extra clear plastic sleeve is simply overkill ... that's just me.

2 weeks later
#6967 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You know what...some of the music they put in for some of the modes actually aren't that bad. They aren't even original music scores. I wonder where Stern got them from or if they composed these themselves, because some of them are not too bad (eg throne duel etc)

I 100% agree with you on this! I am pleasantly surprised how well it was done.

#6969 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jerry Thompson is the sound designer at Stern. He composed the new stuff.

Well hats off to Jerry for doing an excellent job making his work feel like a genuine piece Star Wars music !

#6978 4 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Anyone knows how to remowe tie fighter to put on the protector plastic?

First remove the screw towards the rear of the bracket that is holding the spring... this will remove the Tie. Remove the allen screw that you will now see that was under the Tie spring and the phillips screw towards the back of the bracket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ricochet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=ricochet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.