20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1089 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a Star Wars play-field protector yet? I will be installing one on my LE this weekend and was curious if there were any gotcha's on this. I've installed them on all my pins and never really had any issues... I know with BM66 the Crane was the difficult part to manuever. Wondering if the DeathStar will be a PIA to deal with.

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My friend did his LE. He said it took way longer than he thought it would. Have to take most stuff off the playfield. Take your time and lots of pictures.

Thank you! Sounds like this is what I will be doing Saturday... I will definitely try and document / share as much as possible.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Anyone else having problems with the Hoth loop? When Hoth is lit and I shoot the loop, it bounces off the forks, then the forks go down and allow the ball to down the playfield before going back up again. Essentially I can only activate the Hoth scenes maybe 1/4 of the time because of those forks doing weird things.

Mine does this as well ... i emailed stern about it this morning to see if that was normal behavior... doesn't seem healthy for the ball to be smacking into the back of the forks like that. especially long term. I did just go back and watch the Twitch stream of the Premium Play from Stern factory and notice several times this happened to the folks that were playing.

#1148 6 years ago

Little update on my LE ... arrived Friday as expected but with two very unexpected holes in the side of the box. THANKFULLY there was no damage.

I also got the play-field protector on ... nothing major in terms of getting it on there... the only two obstacles that took a bit of time to figure out was the Death Star (as expected) and the small right 90 degree ramp that comes from behind the back board in the Hyperspace Loop.

The two things that had us stumped for a moment:

1. Death Star: the remove the Death Star you must go behind the backboard and loosen a set screw that is on each actuating rod of the Death Star (there are two... one for each half of the star that opens) ... once you do that, you manually open the death star and loosen the two Lock Nuts closest to the back board... this will allow you to slide the death star out towards the front of the machine. Don't forget to unplug the Death Star from it's control board under the playfield before trying to remove.

2. Right Hyperspace Loop exist ramp: there are 4 obvious screws (2 on each end of this little ramp) that need to come out... after that you will notice that it still wont budge... that is because there is an L bracket on the underside of the ramp that screws into the backside of the back board. Once you remove that 5th screw the ramp will move freely. However, to actually negotiate the ramp out of its position, you will want to lift up on the back of the playfiled until the ramp can pull out and clear the side of the machine.

IMG_0515 (resized).JPGIMG_0515 (resized).JPG

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

IMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPG

#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

yes to all you guys talking about this. mine does almost all the time. thought it was part of game but wasnt sure.
so no answrs yet?

I've not heard back from Stern support ... it usually takes them about 24hrs to reply (based on my experience anyway)

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The fork has 3 positions:
Down
Halfway up/down
Full Up
The only time the ramp should be at the half way point is when the ball is released by the death star magnet. It is normal for the ball to hit the back of the forks when in the full-up position. That stops the ball for mission select if Hoth is lit.
Like I said earlier, wait for the next code update to correct some issues with the fork operation.
Rob

Thanks Rob!

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How do you like how your machine feels after adding the playfield protector? We have playfield protectors fitted on all our machines as well. Did you need to adjust anything after fitting and playing the machine?
Thanks

plays great - I have protectors on all my machines... honestly I don't think it feels any different than it did before the protector since the playfield itself is brand new.

I did not have to adjust anything on the game after putting it all back together. The protector does not interfere with anything that requires adjusting.

3 months later
#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Just installed my EL lighting for the side rails from and these are amazing. I love how good they look.

Looks great! --- where did you get those from? Would love to have on my LE

5 months later
#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Has anyone had bad diverter ejects from the hyperloop since the 1.03 update? Because I haven't. Maybe just once right after I flashed it but not since then and I have had 3 balls in there a couple of times.

I Have had it happen once in about 10 times since I updated.

3 weeks later
#5121 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Saw that new code was updated, seems like mostly some system level cleanup items. One item that stood out to me is
Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM". The amplifier
power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
has anyone had problems with any of their speakers that may have resulted in this addition to the adjustments? or is this more for the folks who want to change out the stock speakers for something else?

I'm curious what motivated this feature as well... I believe this was also added to Iron Maiden and GOTG.

2 weeks later
#5286 5 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

For some reason my star wars goes into verify and took 24 minutes to boot up....has anyone seen this? It only started long boot up after the latest update.

did you leave USB plugged in by chance?

1 week later
#5398 5 years ago

New Code is up. 1.05.0

#5411 5 years ago

so is your reply.

#5413 5 years ago

Ha Ha, good one.

9 months later
#7015 4 years ago

anyone happen to have a new SW Pro Translite they would be willing to sell me?

1 month later
#7315 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'm about to move on a NIB LE. The production number is in the high 100's. Is the anything I should know about on these as far as defects or mods that need to be made? I prefer the pro translite. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? Hoping to join the club this week

if it's new in box then it will have a tube that contains both the Pro and Premium translites. you should be all set.

1 month later
#7475 4 years ago

Anybody interested in a Star Destroyer for your Playfield? I bought this one new and had it on my desk while I got around to installing but decided I don't really need to add anything else to the machine. $15 shipped ... it's basically brand new (although i didn't keep box) ... smoke free home.

IMG_3755 (resized).jpgIMG_3755 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7624 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I knew about May the Fourth of course, but had never heard of Force Friday. So I googled and landed on https://www.starwars.com/news/triple-force-friday-events with the photo below. Color me confused. Why is Sandra Bullock's adult niece and Gardner Minshew's cousin (the one that works at the auto parts store, not that there's anything wrong with that) playing with Star Wars toys?
I like the Star Wars universe as much as the next 50-something geek, but I'm baffled as to where this advertising is targeted.[quoted image]

That is Gina Carano ... she is in the Star Wars Mandalorian series, as the the gentlemen in the picture. But I agree, on the surface it does seem an odd fit.

#7633 4 years ago

Not sure what to think of new art but it’s smart of Stern to do this. Will certainly boost StarWars sales.

1 month later
#7904 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just stick a rag in there and they wont move

Someone should design and 3D print some sort of plug that clips in/on and keeps balls in place...

#7912 4 years ago

Fellow owners... am I correct in that Star Wars currently does not allow you to reset the machine with the Left Flipper + Start shortcut? I was able to find the setting on my GB and BM66 but don't see that option in the SW menu.

#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

U just hold start it will restart

Thanks but that is to just restart the game back to 1st ball.

The Left + Start (on select Stern models) will actually back all the way out of any players and make it as if you never hit start in the first place. Very helpful when someone starts a game and then abandons before playing all three balls. (Like kids)

6 months later
#8874 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Just got my star wars premium about a month ago. Loving it. Added mirror blades, shaker and a few die-cast ships I weathered. Star destroyer snow speeder and d
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great - I wanted to do Mirror Blades on my SW but worries about clearance and scratching them over time. did you have any such issues? if not, what brand did you go with?

3 months later
#9313 3 years ago

Would any PREMIUM or LE Owners like an Anti-Airball Plastic? I ended up with two...

IMG_9236 (resized).jpgIMG_9236 (resized).jpgIMG_9237 (resized).jpgIMG_9237 (resized).jpg
#9315 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I just picked up a premium and have not put many games on it yet. Is this a mod most folks would recommend?

I have owned both an LE and a Premium... for me, in both cases it was immediately obvious that I needed one. I would get a ton of air balls off the target right under the Tie Fighter.

#9323 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Has anyone installed the tie fighter spring cover mod from mezelmods on their machine ? I’m having some issues with mine. Instructions are kind of confusing on this one.

I have it on my machine but don’t recall anything out of sorts with the install. I can take some pics if it will help.

#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Has anyone installed the tie fighter spring cover mod from mezelmods on their machine ? I’m having some issues with mine. Instructions are kind of confusing on this one.

Assuming this is the same cover you are talking about... you should just be able to bend the tie fighter back to get access to the 1/4 Hex bolt that is holding the assembly on.

IMG_9255 (resized).jpgIMG_9255 (resized).jpgIMG_9253 (resized).jpgIMG_9253 (resized).jpgIMG_9254 (resized).jpgIMG_9254 (resized).jpg
#9326 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

When I went to reassemble the tie fighter , it seemed like the alignment was off. Like it was off to the right too close to the mini lcd screen.

Did you accidentally flip the spring upside down? I think if reinstalled upside down it can change the angle of the tie fighter.

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Can these Stern displays act as a monitor and display something else if fed an signal?

The back box monitor does not have conventional inputs but a motivated person could "splice" in something. The small display on the StarWars playfield is HDMI though.

2 weeks later
#9429 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm still looking for a Star Wars Comic Premium, and have not looked inside the deathstar (so I'm talking out my ass), but isn't there some way to adjust things so the hyperloop shot doesn't reject so much? I know the ball goes up the fork ramp, but what is it hitting to reject? Is it the transition to the wireform? If so, could something be bent or fabricated? Or is it hitting the internals of the deathstar? Could a modder make a new sorta hollower mold?
It seems like everyone likes the hyperloop but hates how unreliable the shot is. I'm just curious what keeps someone from doing / replacing something to make the shot more reliable somehow.

There is not really adjustment to make it "easier" BUT there is an adjustment for the part of the hyperspace wireform that enters the Deathstar. If that is too low it can cause you additional rejects that would not otherwise occur.

It's designed to be a difficult shot and achieves this objective with ease... but SO rewarding when you make it.

1 month later
#9640 3 years ago

Am I correct in thinking that Star Wars DOES NOT have the feature where you can hold Start+Left Flipper to end a game? My other machines (BM66, TMNT, GB) all seem to have, which is super helpful when someone (usually little ones) start a game but do not finish.

#9642 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It does not. If it gets a code update, they would add it, but it doesn't seem like any updates are on the radar.

got it, thank you for the quick reply / confirmation!

#9653 3 years ago

All of these reasons above are why I love the game. But I am also the exact opposite of a professional player, haha.

1 month later
#9791 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

DJ mixer, left plus start to quit game, limit video mode...all things I have seen people ask for.

YES! the left button / start to quit game is what I was wafting for. My other Sterns all have this but Star Wars was missing out.

1 year later
#12665 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I'm really looking forward to getting the premium. Hopefully they are on schedule and build them next week, and even better built some this week also.

They are on the line right now so I would image by this time next week all SW Pro's and Premiums will be out the door from Stern.

#12679 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The punishing part is that there can be cheap drains, from balls exiting the center loop and both orbits. In a home setting, this can often be mitigated by slightly adjusting the ball guides and flipper power.
The other punishing cheap drain is when balls go plunger -> standups -> left outlane. This is hard to mitigate. Some say you can adjust the ball guide at the plunger to hit farther right on the standups. You can also install some kind of larger post or blocker on the outlane. Or increase ball-save times or even balls-per-game.

Siamese posts in the outlanes make a huge difference on this game. Happy that I added them for our machine, definitely helps eliminate some of the cheap drains.

2 weeks later
#12770 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

Anyone know who might be selling the Star Wars pro translite and frame? I have the premium but considering swapping it with the pro translite.

I put the pro translight in my premium and like it so much better than the premium one. Any distributor will be able to order you a pro translight.

1 month later
#12963 1 year ago
Quoted from taylebl:

Just joined the club with a Comic Premium on the way! Any suggestions as far as mods? gonna go with Invisiglass and the LE speaker style with ring lights as of now. It already has side art installed.

The monitor Bezel for the mini LCD on the playfield is a must (in my opinion)

https://cointaker.com/products/star-wars-monitor-bezel

1 year later
#14917 18 days ago

Anyone interested in a Brand New Star-Wars PRO Translight? I bought it to replace in my Premium (as I prefer the PRO translight over the PREM) ... however, never got around to installing prior to selling the machine. My life is a revolving door of pinball machines, haha.

$75 shipped if anyone interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.