IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r0ddan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9063 3 years ago

In the club since two weeks. Got a pro with pf-protector since day one. Super nice condition. Not brand new but sure looks like it. Very happy with it but as always with a new pin there is some struggle with making it play perfect. A fast ball in the horseshoe loop left to right goes... tada... sdtm =)
There are 182 pages to scroll thru in this thread and I'm doing my best. I have read quite a few posts about the issue and how sensitive the game is to levelling. And I get it. If the game is tilted to the left, then the return from the inner loop will miss the right flipper and go sdtm. But if you miss the perfect pitch by 0.1 °, really? No way... That's a design issue and not a levelling issue in my book. So any thoughts about that besides levelling are welcome.

I also just ordered a shaker. Stern has just recently put up a European site for spare parts and such so that we don't have to pay a ridiculous amount of money on shipping, customs and then vat on top of everything. Ordering from the US often ends up with paying close to 200 % of the original price. So that's a good thing. Thank you Stern.
Any thoughts about installing a shaker? I could see that there is a capacitor thingy included that kind of makes me nervous. Should I be? or is it straight forward, plug in and be happy?

And Yoda, please... I know, I have to learn control. Stop rubbing it in...

#9066 3 years ago

There is a capacitor inbetween two connectors. I guess I am supposed to install it somewhere when I install the shaker. That’s the capacitor I am talking about.

EA5EE19B-EA0C-4E04-84D4-9CB023899CB0 (resized).jpegEA5EE19B-EA0C-4E04-84D4-9CB023899CB0 (resized).jpeg

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Besides leveling, the lane guides will most likely need to be tweaked some. It might take some work, but you should be able to eliminate 90% of the SDTM issues. Mine honestly took a few hours of trial and error, but it was well worth it. SDTM from a good shot are a rarity now.
Shaker motor is about as plug-and-play straight forward as it gets. No worries.

This can be hard to see in a picture, and since english is a second language it can be hard to explain... my guess is that the black line on the playfield is where the metal guide is supposed to be. If the point of attachement (I lack the correct vocabulary) at the right exit is correct but the two points before is slightly wrong as shown in the picture. One have to look closely. The ball takes a wider course inside the loop and the direction of the ball when exiting is pointed more to the left than intended...
This could be that the holes where the screw goes is slightly wrong. We are talking millimeters (fractions of an inch). I can’t see how bending would do the trick...
Is it possible to understand what I mean? I don’t know if the translation ”direction of the tangent” is correct. But that is what’s wrong as I see it.

F86AEF53-D344-4916-9141-6A8A9F209E04 (resized).jpegF86AEF53-D344-4916-9141-6A8A9F209E04 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#9489 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

More clips would be good. I love Yoda as much as the next guy, but variety is the spice of life. I could do without the midnight madness, but it would be a cool option. What I REALLY, REALLY would like would be a way to disable the video mode or at least bypass it for points like on STTNG.

Videomode together with a big multiplier is like a superjackpot that you can control imo. Very satisfying and one of the genious features of the game. The videomode in it self is maybe not the best, but wow when you can score big.

#9512 3 years ago

This is written partly with the help of google translate. English is a second language.
I've been lying on my back under this game countless times screwing on the leg screws. all to find the right slope. I have read a lot in this thread to find clues to how to best solve, among other things, the problem with the inner loop sending the balls straight down the middle. This week I'm lying there again and now I was aiming to get 6.5 roughly in the middle of the playfield. I think I've finally found the right slope. Or I just got a little better at playing all of a sudden. One thing I have a hard time understanding. Why do I get different gradients depending on where I measure? high up and far down on the playing field can differ several tenths. And where should I get 6.5?

#9518 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

After leveling and getting the slope right, you still might have to adjust the lane guides on the loop and the orbits, and also the Tatooine scoop. Make sure the guides are tightened down well too...mine were a bit loose from the factory making the shots inconsistent. Also make sure none of the targets are leaning far enough to interfere with the ball travel, and check the roll-under switch gate at the Death Star entrance and the left spinner to make sure they are not affecting the ball. My machine needed a TON of tweaking, most of any game I have had other than Avengers. It's worth it though...once it's dialed in it is a super fun machine and it has needed very little additional tweaking once it was done. Good luck!

Thank you!
I'm not a collector of pinball machines. This is my fourth so far. I have done some work on my previous machines but the teardown needed to get the guides out of the machine scares me. SW is by far the most expensive inventory we have in our home. And what should I do when i get them out? To me it seems as if the "problem" is not at the exit. And here my english vocabulary might not be enough but I would think that the curve before the exit is too deep so to speak... What if I bend them and get it wrong. What if they don't fit after I have bent them. What if it is the holes that are not drilled in the right place... The latter is actually my theory why the sdtm thing is happening.
But thanks a lot for a really good response. Please let me know if you ever do a tutorial with pictures

1 week later
#9547 3 years ago

So, I’m doing it. Atleast I will try. But, is there a rubber missing on the post behind the guide?

255AE26F-B6E8-46CD-B5B7-F894FDFA95B5 (resized).jpeg255AE26F-B6E8-46CD-B5B7-F894FDFA95B5 (resized).jpeg
#9552 3 years ago

I’ve done it. I am the master of the horseshoe loop. No more sdtm drains from that right return. It’s dead on the right flipper =)
It was a pain getting to that guide so I could bend it. Getting it together afterwards was even worse. I sure hope I will never have to do itagain.

30E4BE6C-6805-4B44-B332-51A6E272F3B6 (resized).jpeg30E4BE6C-6805-4B44-B332-51A6E272F3B6 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#9691 3 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the spotlights on the slingshots? Lamps falling out, bad contact?
I had to actually put glue on one of the flashers to have it stay in place. Still it's not working sometimes and I have to kind of juggle it to make it work again. Very annoying.

1 month later
#10018 3 years ago

When the "escape" insert is lit on the right outlane, aren't you supposed to get the ball back?
I sometimes don't. I see the lit insert and do not nudge, but when the ball goes that way I don't get it back.
Anyone else?

#10117 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

When the "escape" insert is lit on the right outlane, aren't you supposed to get the ball back?
I sometimes don't. I see the lit insert and do not nudge, but when the ball goes that way I don't get it back.
Anyone else?

I think my question got drowned by some new rating. I ask again, anyone with the same experience?

3 months later
#10684 2 years ago

I'm cheating. I have the settings the way I personally like them with long ballsaves on multiballs. But since I fixed the ballguides on the loop and horseshoe not to give me returns sdtm it plays very smooth and occasionally I can get a good score. This one was ridiciolus =)

IMG_1430 (resized).jpegIMG_1430 (resized).jpeg
#10688 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i dont understand...
if you can score 21B in "easy" settings, than you should have enough skill to play in "factory" and still make some nice scores !?

Well... That score was just ridiculous. But here's the thing. I don't like it when games are set to factory and no extra balls and whatever they do when they set them up for competitions. For me that takes the fun out of the game. I can understand that a game has to be set up a certain way for the sake of fair competition. But I'm not that skilled. I've been to a few competitions and it's fun and all that. I don't mind finishing up last as long as there is beer and good company (and hot dogs, got to have hot dogs after a pint or five). But the games themselves aren't that fun playing for me as I'm having a really hard time to get progress on them.
SW is a hard game to start with. It's fast and punishing. It drains a lot, especially to the left I think. But when set to easy or even extra easy with long ball saves (really long, like 40-50 sec) I sometimes can get to victory multiball and even get a medal. So can someone else that tries the game. Getting somewhere is fun, always getting punished is not. And I like cheating =)

8 months later
#11910 2 years ago

I'm thinking of trading my pro. We only have room for one game and SW has been the perfekt game for that situation. There are so many things to explore. Took me a while to find out how to get the escape from Boba Fett mode for example. Only thing on the negative side is that it is so goddamn fast and punishing. In my book it's a great pinball machine.
But here's the thing. In Sweden the market for pinball machines is, if not controlled, but strongly influenced by what the competition scene thinks of a game. And they don't like SW. I think it's the multiplier... To me a fair trade with no money going either way would be any modern Stern about the same age. Gotg, Munsters, Deadpool etc. But for some reason, with the exception of Munsters which they absolutely hate, the other games are higher rated... I don't get it. SW is a good pinball machine. Period.

2 weeks later
#12031 2 years ago

Why is there an unused switch? (#49)
Mine is engaged allt the time. Have not noticed until today. Thank you very much quranteen…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#12145 2 years ago

Got the new code downloaded. Can't unpack on my mac. Any input?

Added over 2 years ago:

My bad. Turns out it was unpacked. What I thought was .rar files was the actual files... I think. I don't do wondowy-things =)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r0ddan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=r0ddan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.