20220531_184150 (resized).jpg
20220531_184153 (resized).jpg
20220531_184146 (resized).jpg
268FE820-27F5-4D9E-99BB-4A35EA58433E (resized).jpeg
SWclearplastics (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (4 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pudealee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 5 years ago

I've got a DESW, and have been looking forward to a Stern model. I like the Premium cab/art the least, but if I bought one that would probably be the one. Pro is too basic, but has good looking art. And LE too pricey.

1 month later
#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

We joined the SW Club!

Way to go Jaeg !

1 week later
#573 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

ESB is great from start to finish, the more movie assets Dwight can squeeze into this game the better especially stuff from ESB.

"I am your father"

Aw man...spoiler alert next time please!

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And his post was a joke about spoilers for a movie that came out in 1981!

Right on.

2 weeks later
#818 4 years ago

On the Dead Flip premium stream Dwight's son (the code guy) was playing and Dwight said that the son was working on the topper. Any ideas what the topper may be?

3 weeks later
#1108 4 years ago

Expecting my Premium any day now.

Quick question - will SilverJet balls work with the hyper-drive loop magnets? If not, any recommendations for a higher quality ball, other than stock, that will work?

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I also love this post number!! 1138

...The Future is here...

2 weeks later
#1286 4 years ago

Still awaiting my premium

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I thought they were making a batch this week? anybody have some insight?

Just got word from my distributor that his shipment is being picked up today. I should have my premium by Tuesday or Wednesday.

#1419 4 years ago

Premium is in the house!

#1426 4 years ago

Does anybody have any details as to what adjustments the "Extra Easy" and "Easy" presets change?

#1444 4 years ago

Two quick questions:

Where in the heck can I find the manufacture date? And, what are the two rubber plugs on the front side of the backbox at the top?

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

All set up and ready for enjoyment. Super stoked.

Same manufacture date as mine!

#1472 4 years ago

I haven't seen any answers to this - does anybody know what the Home and Director's Cut presets are?

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Where did you see that?

Go to the "Videos" page, and click on the first video "Final Rounds BoP 2017". There are some Star Wars shots around the 5:30 minute mark. at around the 6:50 mark the Light Sabre duel starts. Looks neat. I didn't watch long enough to see the video mode.

2 weeks later
#1761 4 years ago

I'm torn between staying on .92 (I've had zero issues) or reverting to .89. Have very many reverted?

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you have a Pro or Premium/LE?

It's a prem...

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I recommend mirror blades on this game also ,very nice

I'm going to wait and see what sort of art blades Stern (or others) may produce first. But I agree, they do look nice on a SW machine!

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What video mode tactics are you guys finding work?

I hit video mode once with multiplier at 40X, made a perfect run (using some boost), and finished the run with about 650,000,000

#1988 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

So does that mean video mode multiplers do work afterall? I’m confused

It did for me. I think if you look in the upper right corner of the video mode screen, it'll tell you what the multiplier there. Can't think why it'd be there if it wouldn't apply.

#2012 4 years ago

Have had my premium for about three weeks now - still haven't destroyed the Death Star. Ugh!

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Do you have a shaker in your game?

Shaker in my SW Prem for a few days now - adds a great new edge to the experience.

1 week later
#2090 4 years ago

Looks good jdpilot. Can you post some pics or video from the player's perspective?

#2107 4 years ago

Thanks jdpilot

2 weeks later
#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

after watching Auburn whoop up on Bama

AUKraut - War Eagle!

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I decided to put my SW LE on five ball

We do the same. When I got our first pinball (a Data East Star Wars) back in '96, my kids were very young. Five balls made the fun last longer. It's carried on to all of our machines. I won't ever win any competitions, but we have a blast.

1 week later
#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from lmo:

I suck. I haven't blown up the Death Star

I've had mine over two months, and still have not blown up that puppy...

#2485 4 years ago

Loaded 1.0, and on the first game the Death Star blew up for the first time.

#2488 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You have a Prem/Le or Pro? Congrats by the way

I've got the Premium. I could swear that it wasn't on the Death Star Mission though. I haven't read all the threads on the new code, but I suppose there's now an additional opportunity to blow it up. Either way, I take it as a win! Victory Multi-ball followed that!

1 week later
#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I have called stern multiple times and have yet to receive the kit that is supposed to fix this problem. Anyone else actually receive the kit?

Ditto - calls, emails - no kit. Chaz said he showed where I was "on the list."

#2650 4 years ago

So my youngest son is home from Med school. Last night he was putting time on the SW Premium. I look over there, and he was quasi-kneeling in front of the machine with his chin on the lock-down bar button. He was using his chin to activate the boost in Video mode. He said there was no other logical way to do it. It looked stupid, buy by-golly it worked. Oh - he didn't do it for Tie-Fighters.

1 week later
#2762 4 years ago

Any updates or rumors on SW accessories from Stern? I just remember them saying "after the New Year." Ugh.

1 month later
#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

how funny, I changed my premium to a pro (translite)

Ditto

1 week later
#3199 4 years ago

Are there any links to the blades for sale anywhere?

#3202 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Are there any links to the blades for sale anywhere?

Clarification - the Stern blade art....

2 weeks later
#3438 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

My LE hyperspace loop divertor to the right ramp will sometime smack the ball into the glass. Even with just one ball in the ramp. Is this common?

Happens to me occasionally as well. Seems to be better recently for some reason. No clue why.

#3509 4 years ago

How does one preserve audits and such whilst updating the code?

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

One loses one's audits and such.

Well gosh darn it. That's something up with which I'd rather not put.

#3527 4 years ago

Best game to date on my Premium (yeah, it has a Pro translite):

2 weeks later
#3826 4 years ago

Good grief - any updates on a topper, or plunger rods?

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I believe once you beat LSD

Good advice - first step is admitting you have a problem. Tough habit.

1 month later
#4261 4 years ago

AUKraut did you get your Prem at Bumpernets?

#4263 4 years ago

Ditto!

#4269 4 years ago

Has anybody seen a picture of the official Stern shooter rod?

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My local distributor has them in stock and just waiting for them to post it to their site.

Please throw a link up here if you see it.

3 weeks later
#4733 4 years ago

Gotta have pops - it's pinball.

1 week later
#4813 4 years ago

monte_ My Escape arm was doing something similar a while back, and all I had to do was tighten the hex screw at the pivot point on the playfield. Good luck.

3 weeks later
#5100 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My right flipper tends to stick in the up position sometimes and not sure why

If this lasts for more that four hours be sure to contact your doctor...

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

He still seems sorry this morning

Who couldn't forgive that face!

1 month later
#5605 3 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I can backhanding the Deathstar no problem with a precise shoot.

Ditto on my Premium.

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

the three targets under the LCD should drop down to reveal a ball lock

Or Jar Jar...

1 week later
#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't really think of them as a shot, but

So there!

1 week later
#5860 3 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Anyone own both the recent Stern SW AND a Data East SW?

I have them both as well. Our family are SW nerds more so than pinball folk. So no, it's not too much! My only issue is if somebody comes out with a Beatles machine I'll probably have to give one of my SW machines up. Also have a Funhouse.

#5866 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

DE SW is heaps more fun to play since code update

Totally agree.

3 weeks later
#5964 3 years ago

Just had an odd occurrence. My mini screen went white in the middle of the game, and stayed that way for the duration. The game played on without incident, and upon power-cycling the machine it came back up. Any ideas what caused that?

#5966 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try reseating it.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl!

2 weeks later
#6019 3 years ago

Owned my premium for a little over a year - and just now defeated the emperor (first attempt as well). Woot!

2 weeks later
#6031 3 years ago

For those of you that have mirror blades: How have they held up? What brand or dealer do you recommend? Thanks!

1 week later
#6097 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just shoot the flashing shots

That's pretty much it!

#6106 3 years ago

I most always play four games in one set. One for each "hero." That way I don't get burned out on the game. I've pretty much started to select "Light Tatooine" for my first ball. Tatooine, is the hardest of the four (for me) to get lit. From there I just shoot the lit shots and have fun. Oh, and I have it set on five balls, mission stacking, and ball save and video mode times turned up. I admit I'll never win a tournament, but we have a blast playing our premium. As of now, the right orbit is the shot that I have the most trouble making.

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Are you guys still enjoying this game

Yes. But, I have a strike against me in that I'm a SW nerd. I have the DE DW pin as well.

#6134 3 years ago

You win...

I've had to replace one plastic (right ramp). That's it.

1 month later
#6296 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I still haven’t done it after owning it for 1.5 years!

Took me almost a year on the Prem. The clacking on the halves of the Death Star sort of sound like the coconut horse steps in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

1 week later
#6326 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Doubt it. Topper probably finally ready for production.

I think they're just referencing the Blood Moon tonight.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It's a design flaw

Agree. Mine broke after the third week i had it. Stern sent a new one.

#6398 3 years ago

Posted something about my mini LCD a few months back (see below). Basically the mini LCD is going all white on boot up. Previously, if I power-cycled the machine it would clear up. Now, I have to remove the glass and fiddle with the cat-5 cables before it works. It's starting to be a pain in the butt. I tried anchoring the cable in the socket with some zip-ties, and that worked for a while, but it continues to pop up occasionally. I have contacted Stern. Was wondering if anybody else is seeing this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/120#post-4637515

001 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#6519 3 years ago

I almost always play a set of four games - starting with Han and working my way down the line to Luke.

#6572 3 years ago

I'd pee on a spark plug if I thought it would get the topper out sooner.

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No extra post at the bottom of the drops

The goodie bag in my prem had an extra post included. I wonder if it was for the purpose noted above? Anyway, I've never played a Pro, so I can't compare. Nothing beats getting two or more pinballs running around in that hyper loop. My max is four to date.

#6611 3 years ago

Looking to purchase a partial set of Star Wars art blades. Prefer Dagobah and Carbonite Scene. PM me if available.

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Two weeks?! Damn - it took me a year to defeat him with my outlanes set to easy

Ditto - and with 5-ball.

#6656 3 years ago

Oddity...I was randomly pressing the flipper buttons duting attract mode and all of a sudden the screen said something like "Competition Mode Ready - Press Start" then a countdown from 5 in the corner. C-3PO said something like "You can't go in there, that's forbidden."

I wasn't able to reproduce it. Any idea what I stumbled upon?

#6659 3 years ago

The most recent Stern of the Union communication didn't offer up any real "new" topper news. Same ol' same ol' - it's approved...blah blah..

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It would be cool if ya could shoot too

YES!!!!!!

1 week later
#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

but R2 is killing it for me right now

I try to play at least four games per day, one for each "hero." It mixes it up a bit.

2 weeks later
#6809 3 years ago

My win-loss record is 1-1 on battles with the emperor. The first time I faced him a few months ago I won! This past weekend, he kicked my butt. Still, was glad to get to him again. I've only gotten that far twice in 18 months.

#6811 3 years ago

Not finishing Boba Fett is usually what keeps me from the Emperor

#6865 3 years ago

The hardest shot for me is the right orbit. I can most often make all the other shots when they are in demand, but that right orbit is a killer for me. It's most often sheer luck that I ever make it.

2 weeks later
#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Wife loves it too

That's probably the most important thing...

1 month later
#7296 3 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

"may the force be with you" gate

I had an issue with the gate at one time. The top screw on the gate just needed to be tightened. Can't help with the scoop.

1 week later
#7335 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

German Engineering meets Bash Button...

Heck yeah!

2 weeks later
#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have you ever seen the hyperdrive just keep going like that

I've never had that happen on mine. The most I have ever gotten is three or four, and a new ball was always introduced.

#7406 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Has anyone had a ball snap a wing off the tie fighter?

The first time I played a Pro on location, when they first came out had a missing wing.

#7407 2 years ago

I've had my Prem since they first came out, and I am just now wondering - how the heck is the Hyperspace Multi-ball Champion calculated in terms of parsecs? And, is a lower number better? (It is is as far as the Kessel run is concerned)

#7417 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Latest high score

I like to play at least four games a day on my machine - one for each character. And since I'm almost the only person that plays our SW Prem any longer, if I get a high score, I use a different distinct version of my initials/name for each character. That allows me to see which character I play better, and which character is better at various goals/achievements. Yeah, it's nerdy.

#7423 2 years ago

For me, my lowest scores and fewest "champions" is with Leia. (I know there's a joke in there somewhere).

#7424 2 years ago

I was at a location yesterday for the second time in a month's time. They had a good lineup of latter-day Sterns (all pro models). The playfield LCD on the Star Wars pro was still out. I'm curious, is there an adjustment that allows or accounts for a busted LCD screen? If not, how could the game be played with out it? It's a shame it been out of service for a month (yet the game is still plugged in and turned on).

#7437 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

what colored lighted flipper buttons look best

I have color changing lamps in mine, with clear buttons.

#7450 2 years ago

Posting again about playfield LCD screen issues. Still having issues with my mini LCD screen booting up all white. I've tried replacing the cat-5 cable with another one. That seems to work for a while, but occasionally (more often than not) I still get the white screen. I've found if I manually hold in the cables on the node board while I boot, it will boot up correctly. But it's a pain to have to lift the PF all the time.

There may be an issue with the cable socket. Not really sure. I've notified Stern about this and I've never received any good response on possible resolution. If the board that the screen plugs into is bad, any ideas on replacement costs? Any other suggestions? Does anybody have any suggestions on a "premium cable" or a cable with some sort of upgraded connectors?

Very frustrated. It makes me want to leave the game turned on all of the time (which can't be great for the game).
021 (2) (resized).JPG

#7452 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Any way to wrap a zip tie

Thanks. I’ll check all your suggestions!

#7458 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Has anyone put cliffys on the switch slots under the ball drops

I did. Can't hurt.

#7465 2 years ago

Had a personal best today. Managed to complete Light Saber Duel and got 40x on every shot (I believe) - 2.532 billion.

4 weeks later
#7536 2 years ago

Finally put a real physical knocker in my SW Prem. Had to play a few games before I got a replay. It is much better than the screech!

1 month later
#7607 2 years ago

Sort of reminds me of the DE SW machine art. Nice. Too bad I already have a Prem. Rats!

1 week later
#7656 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Make sure the screw holding the gate in at the top is tight. Mine would come lose every now and then.

Ditto. A twist of the screw fixed mine. Best of luck.

#7657 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

To make fun ewok sounds

My favorite sound is when the Ewok is singing...

#7703 2 years ago

Having both the DE SW and a Stern Premium, I appreciate both styles. It would be neat to be able to have a comic version of the translite that I could frame (pro version). I currently have the Pro translite (first version) on my Prem, and the Prem translite framed.

1 week later
#7763 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

there is nothing wrong with adjusting a machine to maximize your enjoyment of it

Agree 100%. When we got our first machine about 22 years ago (DE SW), my boys were 3 & 6 years old. I set the game up on 5 ball. When we all played, I let my first two drain to make it more "fair." Now with two more machines in the house, including our SW Prem, I still leave them all on 5 ball. Yeah, I'll never win a tournament, but then again, I would probably never enter one. We just have fun!

2 weeks later
#7880 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

This will be a good day.!!

Have a fartin' good time with your new machine!

1 month later
#8117 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

1 hour video? I wouldn’t call that short. Skip to 50 minutes to see the 1 minute of Midnight Madness. Fortunately, I skipped till I found it, instead of watching for 50 minutes. Too bad it’s not still in the game. Thanks for posting the video.

The entire video is an hour, but the link takes you to a point right before Midnight Madness.

1 month later
#8397 2 years ago

I recently watched a video where a person made some homemade playfield lights (LED strips) and plugged them into his service outlet on a new Jurassic Park Pro. I thought that was a neat idea. I pondered doing that, but then I realized that unless I'm totally missing something, my SW Prem doesn't have a service outlet. There seems to be a piece of white plastic covering the place where a service outlet should be. Is there a way to remedy this?

#8399 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think the service outlet is in the backbox on Star Wars.

Right. But where mine should be is a white plastic cover over the opening.

#8418 2 years ago

All of a sudden my SW Prem won't boot. When I turn on the power, the top four led indicators on the right side and one in the center of the main board come on. One led indicator on the board next to the power supply comes on (I think it's labeled D5). The machine doesn't do anything after that. I checked the fuse, it does not look blown. Any idea what's going on? See pics.

main board (resized).jpgpower board (resized).jpg
#8420 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

but is your card seated correctly

Boom - you and Wildbill327 got it right off the bat!! Thanks for letting me know. Works like a charm. By the way, whilst looking at the power dist board in the manual, the part is listed as 520-5343-01. Printed on my board is 199-5343-00G - and my board looks different than the one printed in the manual. Go figure!

Thanks again!!

#8434 2 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

The small screen on my SW premium sometimes doent show images

Mine has done that in the past. I found that where the HDMI cable connects to the main board in the back-box (next to the SD card) is the culprit. Sometimes it gets loose.

#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from bricking-shotz:

I just hope I can keep my habit to one game...

Step number one - admit you have a problem.

1 month later
#8600 2 years ago

Welcome to the club!!

1 month later
#8809 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wonder if there are any left after 2 years...

Mine has stayed in place since I put it on, and performing nicely. I can't exactly remember when I put it on, but I got my Prem when the initial run first started, so I'm sure it's been well over two years.

3 months later
#9164 1 year ago

More mini-LCD screen issues...

I have a Star Wars PREM. The CN10 socket (HDMI to the mini LCD screen) on the main CPU board has come loose from the main board. It's not totally separated from the board, but it is not secure. In the past I had noticed that the mini screen would boot up "white," without showing the display as normal. Other times the screen would come up just fine. As of today, i doesn't even come up white.

In tracing back the cables from the screen is where I noticed that the C10 connector is loose. The leads look like they may still be connected, but are bent. The four corners of the connector are not attached to the board at all.

What are my options for getting this fixed? It is years out of warranty. I sent a note to Stern support. Any other suggestions?

021 (2) (resized).JPG

IMG_0422 (resized).jpgIMG_0423 (resized).jpg
#9166 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like it just needs a couple dots of solder to be good again. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can send it out to pinsiders like borygard who does node board repairs and he should get ya going again.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get a good picture of the actual connecting pins into the board - but some of them look bent (maybe broken). I'm not sure that just soldering the feet of the connector is all that needs to happen. I'm thinking the whole connector and pins may need to be replaced. Anyway, I'll reach out to borygard. Thanks again!!

1 month later
#9468 1 year ago

Ignore this - I figured it out...

Hello friends.

Could somebody please do me a favor and take some pics of the area directly behind the mini LCD? I took mine off to replace a faulty HDMI cable, and for the life of me I can't get the clear plastic on correctly. I'm probably just overlooking something simple.

Thanks!!!

#9478 1 year ago

I have had my Prem for three years now, and am yet to master the right orbit shot. Argh!!!

#9485 1 year ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Wonder if they’ll put it back in? Looked awesome.

Then need to put it back in. Also, there are a lot more video clips on the Home Pin version that are not on the Pro/Prem/LE versions that could be added.

I get a glitch every so often when Death Star is lit - the ball goes up the ramp, but instead of stopping while I choose my Death Mission, the ball gets shot through the hyper-loop once (flippers are dead as it thinks I'm choosing a mission), and the ball drains. It gives me the ball back, but the DS mission selection is not honored.

#9491 1 year ago

Just recently on my prem, my Death Star his having trouble closing. I'm not talking about a little gap after it explodes, but staying totally open. Eventually with a few jolts of the shaker motor it will start on it's way of closing. Is there any sort of mechanical adjustment I can make? Something too tight, or maybe a loose spring?

I went to the diagnostics, and the DS will open perfectly. I even took the glass off and made it explode and no issues there. It just seems that it may be binding on something when it comes to closing. Any help is appreciated.

#9494 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

open except in a ball search...

That's how I found out the issue myself. No big shot here. Seriously, would like some help.

3 weeks later
#9595 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Any good ideas on how to approach the rules?

Welcome to the club! If you figure out how to consistently make the right orbit, give me a holler. I have had my prem for 3+ years and still make that shot only by sheer luck!

Love the theme and the game!

1 week later
#9635 1 year ago
Quoted from seiman:

Just exchanged my Prem Translite to the Pro one

I've had a Pro on my Prem for a long time (original version). I like the "heroes" version better.

#9658 1 year ago

Quick questions - every now and then my machine won't boot. No big deal. What happens is the SD card gets slightly jostled out of position. A quick tap and it's back in business. I have my shaker set to "minimal."

Just curious if anybody else has this issue? And, would it be inappropriate to put a dab of black tape on it to secure it in the slot?

1 month later
#9755 1 year ago
#9793 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

- Added an adjustment to allow less video modes.
- Its called - ALLOW 2+ VIDEO MODES PER JEDI. YES is default.
- YES equals the FORCE targets will light Vidoe Mode each time you get
to the 3rd completion.
- NO equals the Video mode wil not light from the FORCE targets if you
have played the video mode once already. PLaying Jedi Multiball will
clear allow another video mode.

I see this on the Pro Read-Me, but not the Premium/LE. Am I missing something?

#9799 1 year ago

Made the update to my Prem. The DJ mixer thing is cool, but doubtful that I'll use it much. The only odd thing that I am experiencing is that I have gotten a TILT warning a few times, and I'm not a nudger. I've owned the machine for over three years (NIB) and have never gotten a warning. Then, in the middle of a great Leia game, I got a Slam Tilt out of nowhere. No clue how all this tilt stuff is happening. Ideas?

#9840 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I didn't care enough to spend the extra $1600 I mean...

Fair!

#9853 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Any word from Stern on slam tilt issue? I'd love for this to be resolved before my pin shows up.

Here's the response I got from Stern tech support:

"Good morning. Our Engineering department will be looking into the reported Software Bug on this game title. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have entered in a warranty order for the Shaker motor capacitor kit for your game and will send the kit out under warranty."

#9941 1 year ago

Regarding the new code and the mysterious slam-tilt issue - I installed the Cap Cable Shaker Kit (502-7059-00) that I received from Stern. Since installing, I have had zero issues with slam-tilt or tilt "DANGER" warnings. I think that did the trick.

To get the kit, I sent an email to Stern ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected]). Yeah, I copied the world. I explained the issue, and included return mail address. They did follow-up and asked for my serial number.

1 week later
#10053 1 year ago

Best first ball (or any ball) ever on my SW Prem.

027 (resized).JPG
#10076 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Who else (premium table) REALLY SUCKS at the hyperspace loop/ death star shot?

I can shoot that shot way better than I can the right orbit. I find it easier to backhand the DS shot. I've had my machine over three years, and I still can't hit that right orbit very well.

#10126 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Only if your OCD!

The new term is "CDO." It's the same as OCD, but in alphabetical order, as it should be!

1 week later
#10160 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any cliffys or protectors recommended for a premium?

I have shooter lane, and switch slot protectors. He's not done anything more specific for the SW games (of which I'm aware).

1 week later
#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I never understood the comic version myself

I have the Data East SW machine myself, in addition to my standard Stern Prem. The DE machine graphics are pretty much in line with the Comic editions. A lot of similarities in the graphics.

#10272 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a capacitor service kit 502-7060-00. Can anyone confirm it is the same capacitor?

My kit came as part # 502-7059-00. Different number, but it looks exactly the same as the above. No problems since installation!

003 (resized).JPG

#10274 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:What is the value printed on the actual capacitor?

For kit 502-7059-00 (which I received a week after the last code update) the capacitor has the following markings:

220uf80v
125 (degrees) C
H1744

#10289 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Can you take a picture of your cap installed?

007 (resized).JPG
#10291 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Now I'm a bit confused. I do not have this board here.

The board for the cap kit is the same - the one on top.

That lower board is an add-on for a physical knocker. Couldn't stand the "screech" and wanted the real thing. Pinball life and others have them:

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

#10328 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

the TIE Fighter mini game:

I don't think I've ever seen the EB feature on the Mini screen. Is it still in the current code?

#10377 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

and 3 balls in the hyperloop

That's the most I've ever gotten in the loop at one time.

1 month later
#10514 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Finally finished my new Star Wars Topper!

Impressive. Most impressive!

1 week later
#10567 1 year ago

My Death Star shot is kinda hard to backhand reliably...waddabout yours?

Most of my DS shots are via backhand.

The shot I can't seem to get consistently either way is the right orbit. I've had my Prem since they first came off the line in '17 and I still can't make that shot on purpose.

2 weeks later
#10673 1 year ago

Even though I have my Prem on free play, I installed the knocker because I can't stand that screech (which I had turned off).

#10706 1 year ago

Anybody thinking about getting Mando?

#10709 1 year ago

my December bonus.

Be careful...

thumb_gets-christmas-bonus-jelly-of-the-month-club-memegenerator-net-clark-52608027 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#10880 1 year ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

See If anybody has heard or seen this happen before

Sorry for your troubles.

When I have boot issues, it is usually solved by making sure that the SD card is seated completely. Then again, when I have boot issues, I never get as far along as you are getting - so odds are it might not be a SD card connectivity thing. I hope you get back working soon!

2 weeks later
#10976 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Let go Luke....

Stay on target, stay on target....

1 week later
#11014 1 year ago

I've owned my Prem since they first came out, and to this day it still kicks my butt. I still can't hit a right orbit except by sheer luck.

1 week later
#11102 1 year ago

I rotate through them all consistently.

I do the same, and use distinctive initials (name) for any high scores I get. That way I can sort of keep track with how well I do with each "hero."

2 weeks later
#11193 11 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have one more pin than I have space for

What little I can see of that Twilight Zone in that pic...sheesh, looks like garbage. Let me help you out and arrange for somebody to haul it away to the landfill. You've suffered enough.

2 weeks later
#11274 11 months ago
Quoted from mpsa:

How often do balls get stuck in odd places? This happened on first day ..

This happened to me today. It is a rare occasion for me.

4 weeks later
#11366 10 months ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There is enough flipper power to backhand the DS on the Premium.

That's how I almost always get the DS shot is with a backhand.

Now, if somebody can tell me how to get the right orbit. I have had my Prem since the first run of the machines, and I still can't hit that shot with any consistency.

1 month later
#11549 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

If anyone has an extra comic pro translight

When I bought my standard Premium (first run back in '17), I think the LEs were shipping with all three translites. The LE was installed, and Pro, Premium in a tube. I lucked out and was able to buy a Pro translite on the cheap. I keep my Premium translite in a lighted frame. Too bad there were no Comic LEs. And, it makes me wonder why there were no LEs in that line.

Anyway, good luck!!

1 week later
#11593 8 months ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

My premium "may the force be with you" ball save gate isn't opening at this point.

I have had this problem before. Two things to try. First, see if the torx screw at the pivot point of the gate (topside) is loose. Just give it a tighten. If that doesn't work, take a look at this post from a while back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/97#post-4432011

I did the latter, and have had no issues since. Good luck!!

#11599 8 months ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Anyone have an issue with the Death Star not closing correctly after it opens?

Never had that issue, but occasionally the ball gets stuck on the top of the door (when down) if it was a weak shot into the Death Star. I have to wait for the "missing ball" routine to cycle to clear it.

#11619 8 months ago

I bought the premium when they first came out. I have a DE SW, which I suppose fulfills my comic art needs. The styling of the DE SW and the Stern comic art SW are very similar.

2 weeks later
#11652 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Clean run with 40x.

Impressive. Most impressive!

1 month later
#11810 6 months ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

make wireforms for the pro model

I think wire forms in general are more attractive than the standard plastic ramps. I have a Prem (not a Pro), but If I had a Pro I'd be in.

1 week later
#11859 5 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have never actually seen the Death Star explode on my premium. What exactly do you need to do in order to accomplish this?

Take off the glass.

#11862 5 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Excited to join the club today!

Welcome!!

#11863 5 months ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Take off the glass.

Actually, when mine has exploded it was out of sheer luck, and probably not skill. I think the only time mine has exploded was during a multiball of some sort.

1 week later
#11895 5 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

nice video of Midnight Madness.

Didn't the Canadian Arcade YouTube channel have a Midnight Madness video way back when?

#11896 5 months ago

Found it - I think. It's queued up at the spot.

#11899 5 months ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Midnight Madness was blowing up node boards

I hadn't heard that. Not doubting it though. Maybe a search here might provide details.

#11933 5 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I streamed the latest version of the custom code

Well done!

3 months later
#12265 65 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I left it in switch test for a while and it started chiming that the tournament button was being fired.

Now that's odd.

1 month later
#12421 24 days ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Any tips on managing to send the ball to the left orbit

I can normally backhand the left orbit without much hassle. The right orbit I can never get consistently. I've owned my Prem since they first were produced, and I still suck at the right orbit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
10,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Redondo Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pudealee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!