• Pro 130 votes
    27%
  • Premium 196 votes
    41%
  • LE 149 votes
    31%

(475 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,294 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

87257640_861981904215254_7691088169915121664_n (resized).jpg
87359866_861981867548591_8146660380408545280_n (resized).jpg
86871689_861981784215266_4656586482713100288_n (resized).jpg
F9F2DC74-3A53-42BD-BFB6-E109EA1A999D (resized).jpeg
8E8E662B-70F3-4C1D-9258-260FCC3EB75D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
f5323f174591585d5a9c2793464007c8 (resized).jpg
20200120_191223 (resized).jpg
20200209_170112 (resized).jpg
20200209_161005 (resized).jpg
E141BFE7-2CC8-40FD-BFDF-7680394EE4F9 (resized).jpeg
20200206_152338 (resized).jpg
83796333_118762506187822_5691388423810580480_n (resized).jpg
83966408_181305512937881_5883457480092024832_n (resized).jpg
C4F87E63-F996-443C-A4DA-9A18492F9C30 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200131_203528 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pudealee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 2 years ago

I've got a DESW, and have been looking forward to a Stern model. I like the Premium cab/art the least, but if I bought one that would probably be the one. Pro is too basic, but has good looking art. And LE too pricey.

1 month later
#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

We joined the SW Club!

Way to go jaeg !

1 week later
#573 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

ESB is great from start to finish, the more movie assets Dwight can squeeze into this game the better especially stuff from ESB.

"I am your father"

Aw man...spoiler alert next time please!

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And his post was a joke about spoilers for a movie that came out in 1981!

Right on.

2 weeks later
#818 2 years ago

On the Dead Flip premium stream Dwight's son (the code guy) was playing and Dwight said that the son was working on the topper. Any ideas what the topper may be?

3 weeks later
#1108 2 years ago

Expecting my Premium any day now.

Quick question - will SilverJet balls work with the hyper-drive loop magnets? If not, any recommendations for a higher quality ball, other than stock, that will work?

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I also love this post number!! 1138

...The Future is here...

2 weeks later
#1286 2 years ago

Still awaiting my premium

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I thought they were making a batch this week? anybody have some insight?

Just got word from my distributor that his shipment is being picked up today. I should have my premium by Tuesday or Wednesday.

#1419 2 years ago

Premium is in the house!

#1426 2 years ago

Does anybody have any details as to what adjustments the "Extra Easy" and "Easy" presets change?

#1444 2 years ago

Two quick questions:

Where in the heck can I find the manufacture date? And, what are the two rubber plugs on the front side of the backbox at the top?

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

All set up and ready for enjoyment. Super stoked.

Same manufacture date as mine!

#1472 2 years ago

I haven't seen any answers to this - does anybody know what the Home and Director's Cut presets are?

#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Where did you see that?

Go to the "Videos" page, and click on the first video "Final Rounds BoP 2017". There are some Star Wars shots around the 5:30 minute mark. at around the 6:50 mark the Light Sabre duel starts. Looks neat. I didn't watch long enough to see the video mode.

2 weeks later
#1761 2 years ago

I'm torn between staying on .92 (I've had zero issues) or reverting to .89. Have very many reverted?

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you have a Pro or Premium/LE?

It's a prem...

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I recommend mirror blades on this game also ,very nice

I'm going to wait and see what sort of art blades Stern (or others) may produce first. But I agree, they do look nice on a SW machine!

#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What video mode tactics are you guys finding work?

I hit video mode once with multiplier at 40X, made a perfect run (using some boost), and finished the run with about 650,000,000

#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

So does that mean video mode multiplers do work afterall? I’m confused

It did for me. I think if you look in the upper right corner of the video mode screen, it'll tell you what the multiplier there. Can't think why it'd be there if it wouldn't apply.

#2012 2 years ago

Have had my premium for about three weeks now - still haven't destroyed the Death Star. Ugh!

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Do you have a shaker in your game?

Shaker in my SW Prem for a few days now - adds a great new edge to the experience.

1 week later
#2090 2 years ago

Looks good jdpilot. Can you post some pics or video from the player's perspective?

#2107 2 years ago

Thanks jdpilot

2 weeks later
#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

after watching Auburn whoop up on Bama

aukraut - War Eagle!

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I decided to put my SW LE on five ball

We do the same. When I got our first pinball (a Data East Star Wars) back in '96, my kids were very young. Five balls made the fun last longer. It's carried on to all of our machines. I won't ever win any competitions, but we have a blast.

1 week later
#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from lmo:

I suck. I haven't blown up the Death Star

I've had mine over two months, and still have not blown up that puppy...

#2485 2 years ago

Loaded 1.0, and on the first game the Death Star blew up for the first time.

#2488 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You have a Prem/Le or Pro? Congrats by the way

I've got the Premium. I could swear that it wasn't on the Death Star Mission though. I haven't read all the threads on the new code, but I suppose there's now an additional opportunity to blow it up. Either way, I take it as a win! Victory Multi-ball followed that!

1 week later
#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I have called stern multiple times and have yet to receive the kit that is supposed to fix this problem. Anyone else actually receive the kit?

Ditto - calls, emails - no kit. Chaz said he showed where I was "on the list."

#2650 2 years ago

So my youngest son is home from Med school. Last night he was putting time on the SW Premium. I look over there, and he was quasi-kneeling in front of the machine with his chin on the lock-down bar button. He was using his chin to activate the boost in Video mode. He said there was no other logical way to do it. It looked stupid, buy by-golly it worked. Oh - he didn't do it for Tie-Fighters.

1 week later
#2762 2 years ago

Any updates or rumors on SW accessories from Stern? I just remember them saying "after the New Year." Ugh.

1 month later
#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

how funny, I changed my premium to a pro (translite)

Ditto

1 week later
#3199 2 years ago

Are there any links to the blades for sale anywhere?

#3202 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Are there any links to the blades for sale anywhere?

Clarification - the Stern blade art....

2 weeks later
#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

My LE hyperspace loop divertor to the right ramp will sometime smack the ball into the glass. Even with just one ball in the ramp. Is this common?

Happens to me occasionally as well. Seems to be better recently for some reason. No clue why.

#3509 1 year ago

How does one preserve audits and such whilst updating the code?

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

One loses one's audits and such.

Well gosh darn it. That's something up with which I'd rather not put.

#3527 1 year ago

Best game to date on my Premium (yeah, it has a Pro translite):

2 weeks later
#3826 1 year ago

Good grief - any updates on a topper, or plunger rods?

#3848 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I believe once you beat LSD

Good advice - first step is admitting you have a problem. Tough habit.

1 month later
#4261 1 year ago

aukraut did you get your Prem at Bumpernets?

#4263 1 year ago

Ditto!

#4269 1 year ago

Has anybody seen a picture of the official Stern shooter rod?

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

My local distributor has them in stock and just waiting for them to post it to their site.

Please throw a link up here if you see it.

3 weeks later
#4733 1 year ago

Gotta have pops - it's pinball.

1 week later
#4813 1 year ago

monte_ My Escape arm was doing something similar a while back, and all I had to do was tighten the hex screw at the pivot point on the playfield. Good luck.

3 weeks later
#5100 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My right flipper tends to stick in the up position sometimes and not sure why

If this lasts for more that four hours be sure to contact your doctor...

#5148 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

He still seems sorry this morning

Who couldn't forgive that face!

1 month later
#5605 1 year ago
Quoted from HPR:

I can backhanding the Deathstar no problem with a precise shoot.

Ditto on my Premium.

#5669 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

the three targets under the LCD should drop down to reveal a ball lock

Or Jar Jar...

1 week later
#5766 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't really think of them as a shot, but

So there!

1 week later
#5860 1 year ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Anyone own both the recent Stern SW AND a Data East SW?

I have them both as well. Our family are SW nerds more so than pinball folk. So no, it's not too much! My only issue is if somebody comes out with a Beatles machine I'll probably have to give one of my SW machines up. Also have a Funhouse.

#5866 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

DE SW is heaps more fun to play since code update

Totally agree.

3 weeks later
#5964 1 year ago

Just had an odd occurrence. My mini screen went white in the middle of the game, and stayed that way for the duration. The game played on without incident, and upon power-cycling the machine it came back up. Any ideas what caused that?

#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try reseating it.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl!

2 weeks later
#6019 1 year ago

Owned my premium for a little over a year - and just now defeated the emperor (first attempt as well). Woot!

2 weeks later
#6031 1 year ago

For those of you that have mirror blades: How have they held up? What brand or dealer do you recommend? Thanks!

1 week later
#6097 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just shoot the flashing shots

That's pretty much it!

#6106 1 year ago

I most always play four games in one set. One for each "hero." That way I don't get burned out on the game. I've pretty much started to select "Light Tatooine" for my first ball. Tatooine, is the hardest of the four (for me) to get lit. From there I just shoot the lit shots and have fun. Oh, and I have it set on five balls, mission stacking, and ball save and video mode times turned up. I admit I'll never win a tournament, but we have a blast playing our premium. As of now, the right orbit is the shot that I have the most trouble making.

#6124 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Are you guys still enjoying this game

Yes. But, I have a strike against me in that I'm a SW nerd. I have the DE DW pin as well.

#6134 1 year ago

You win...

I've had to replace one plastic (right ramp). That's it.

1 month later
#6296 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I still haven’t done it after owning it for 1.5 years!

Took me almost a year on the Prem. The clacking on the halves of the Death Star sort of sound like the coconut horse steps in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

1 week later
#6326 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Doubt it. Topper probably finally ready for production.

I think they're just referencing the Blood Moon tonight.

#6367 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

It's a design flaw

Agree. Mine broke after the third week i had it. Stern sent a new one.

#6398 1 year ago

Posted something about my mini LCD a few months back (see below). Basically the mini LCD is going all white on boot up. Previously, if I power-cycled the machine it would clear up. Now, I have to remove the glass and fiddle with the cat-5 cables before it works. It's starting to be a pain in the butt. I tried anchoring the cable in the socket with some zip-ties, and that worked for a while, but it continues to pop up occasionally. I have contacted Stern. Was wondering if anybody else is seeing this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/120#post-4637515

001 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#6519 1 year ago

I almost always play a set of four games - starting with Han and working my way down the line to Luke.

#6572 1 year ago

I'd pee on a spark plug if I thought it would get the topper out sooner.

#6589 12 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No extra post at the bottom of the drops

The goodie bag in my prem had an extra post included. I wonder if it was for the purpose noted above? Anyway, I've never played a Pro, so I can't compare. Nothing beats getting two or more pinballs running around in that hyper loop. My max is four to date.

#6611 11 months ago

Looking to purchase a partial set of Star Wars art blades. Prefer Dagobah and Carbonite Scene. PM me if available.

#6632 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Two weeks?! Damn - it took me a year to defeat him with my outlanes set to easy

Ditto - and with 5-ball.

#6656 11 months ago

Oddity...I was randomly pressing the flipper buttons duting attract mode and all of a sudden the screen said something like "Competition Mode Ready - Press Start" then a countdown from 5 in the corner. C-3PO said something like "You can't go in there, that's forbidden."

I wasn't able to reproduce it. Any idea what I stumbled upon?

#6659 11 months ago

The most recent Stern of the Union communication didn't offer up any real "new" topper news. Same ol' same ol' - it's approved...blah blah..

#6685 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It would be cool if ya could shoot too

YES!!!!!!

1 week later
#6740 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

but R2 is killing it for me right now

I try to play at least four games per day, one for each "hero." It mixes it up a bit.

2 weeks later
#6809 10 months ago

My win-loss record is 1-1 on battles with the emperor. The first time I faced him a few months ago I won! This past weekend, he kicked my butt. Still, was glad to get to him again. I've only gotten that far twice in 18 months.

#6811 10 months ago

Not finishing Boba Fett is usually what keeps me from the Emperor

#6865 10 months ago

The hardest shot for me is the right orbit. I can most often make all the other shots when they are in demand, but that right orbit is a killer for me. It's most often sheer luck that I ever make it.

2 weeks later
#7002 10 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

Wife loves it too

That's probably the most important thing...

1 month later
#7296 8 months ago
Quoted from Frli002:

"may the force be with you" gate

I had an issue with the gate at one time. The top screw on the gate just needed to be tightened. Can't help with the scoop.

1 week later
#7335 8 months ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

German Engineering meets Bash Button...

Heck yeah!

2 weeks later
#7378 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have you ever seen the hyperdrive just keep going like that

I've never had that happen on mine. The most I have ever gotten is three or four, and a new ball was always introduced.

#7406 7 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Has anyone had a ball snap a wing off the tie fighter?

The first time I played a Pro on location, when they first came out had a missing wing.

#7407 7 months ago

I've had my Prem since they first came out, and I am just now wondering - how the heck is the Hyperspace Multi-ball Champion calculated in terms of parsecs? And, is a lower number better? (It is is as far as the Kessel run is concerned)

#7417 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Latest high score

I like to play at least four games a day on my machine - one for each character. And since I'm almost the only person that plays our SW Prem any longer, if I get a high score, I use a different distinct version of my initials/name for each character. That allows me to see which character I play better, and which character is better at various goals/achievements. Yeah, it's nerdy.

#7423 7 months ago

For me, my lowest scores and fewest "champions" is with Leia. (I know there's a joke in there somewhere).

#7424 7 months ago

I was at a location yesterday for the second time in a month's time. They had a good lineup of latter-day Sterns (all pro models). The playfield LCD on the Star Wars pro was still out. I'm curious, is there an adjustment that allows or accounts for a busted LCD screen? If not, how could the game be played with out it? It's a shame it been out of service for a month (yet the game is still plugged in and turned on).

#7437 7 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

what colored lighted flipper buttons look best

I have color changing lamps in mine, with clear buttons.

#7450 7 months ago

Posting again about playfield LCD screen issues. Still having issues with my mini LCD screen booting up all white. I've tried replacing the cat-5 cable with another one. That seems to work for a while, but occasionally (more often than not) I still get the white screen. I've found if I manually hold in the cables on the node board while I boot, it will boot up correctly. But it's a pain to have to lift the PF all the time.

There may be an issue with the cable socket. Not really sure. I've notified Stern about this and I've never received any good response on possible resolution. If the board that the screen plugs into is bad, any ideas on replacement costs? Any other suggestions? Does anybody have any suggestions on a "premium cable" or a cable with some sort of upgraded connectors?

Very frustrated. It makes me want to leave the game turned on all of the time (which can't be great for the game).
021 (2) (resized).JPG

#7452 7 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Any way to wrap a zip tie

Thanks. I’ll check all your suggestions!

#7458 7 months ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Has anyone put cliffys on the switch slots under the ball drops

I did. Can't hurt.

#7465 6 months ago

Had a personal best today. Managed to complete Light Saber Duel and got 40x on every shot (I believe) - 2.532 billion.

4 weeks later
#7536 5 months ago

Finally put a real physical knocker in my SW Prem. Had to play a few games before I got a replay. It is much better than the screech!

1 month later
#7607 4 months ago

Sort of reminds me of the DE SW machine art. Nice. Too bad I already have a Prem. Rats!

1 week later
#7656 4 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Make sure the screw holding the gate in at the top is tight. Mine would come lose every now and then.

Ditto. A twist of the screw fixed mine. Best of luck.

#7657 4 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

To make fun ewok sounds

My favorite sound is when the Ewok is singing...

#7703 4 months ago

Having both the DE SW and a Stern Premium, I appreciate both styles. It would be neat to be able to have a comic version of the translite that I could frame (pro version). I currently have the Pro translite (first version) on my Prem, and the Prem translite framed.

1 week later
#7763 3 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

there is nothing wrong with adjusting a machine to maximize your enjoyment of it

Agree 100%. When we got our first machine about 22 years ago (DE SW), my boys were 3 & 6 years old. I set the game up on 5 ball. When we all played, I let my first two drain to make it more "fair." Now with two more machines in the house, including our SW Prem, I still leave them all on 5 ball. Yeah, I'll never win a tournament, but then again, I would probably never enter one. We just have fun!

2 weeks later
#7880 3 months ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

This will be a good day.!!

Have a fartin' good time with your new machine!

1 month later
#8117 72 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

1 hour video? I wouldn’t call that short. Skip to 50 minutes to see the 1 minute of Midnight Madness. Fortunately, I skipped till I found it, instead of watching for 50 minutes. Too bad it’s not still in the game. Thanks for posting the video.

The entire video is an hour, but the link takes you to a point right before Midnight Madness.

1 month later
#8397 27 days ago

I recently watched a video where a person made some homemade playfield lights (LED strips) and plugged them into his service outlet on a new Jurassic Park Pro. I thought that was a neat idea. I pondered doing that, but then I realized that unless I'm totally missing something, my SW Prem doesn't have a service outlet. There seems to be a piece of white plastic covering the place where a service outlet should be. Is there a way to remedy this?

#8399 26 days ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think the service outlet is in the backbox on Star Wars.

Right. But where mine should be is a white plastic cover over the opening.

#8418 23 days ago

All of a sudden my SW Prem won't boot. When I turn on the power, the top four led indicators on the right side and one in the center of the main board come on. One led indicator on the board next to the power supply comes on (I think it's labeled D5). The machine doesn't do anything after that. I checked the fuse, it does not look blown. Any idea what's going on? See pics.

main board (resized).jpgpower board (resized).jpg
#8420 23 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

but is your card seated correctly

Boom - you and Wildbill327 got it right off the bat!! Thanks for letting me know. Works like a charm. By the way, whilst looking at the power dist board in the manual, the part is listed as 520-5343-01. Printed on my board is 199-5343-00G - and my board looks different than the one printed in the manual. Go figure!

Thanks again!!

#8434 20 days ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

The small screen on my SW premium sometimes doent show images

Mine has done that in the past. I found that where the HDMI cable connects to the main board in the back-box (next to the SD card) is the culprit. Sometimes it gets loose.

#8437 20 days ago
Quoted from bricking-shotz:

I just hope I can keep my habit to one game...

Step number one - admit you have a problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pudealee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside