• Pro 125 votes
    27%
  • Premium 187 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(458 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191212_124633.jpg
37C9DD08-8E2B-4C02-B2AD-BFDBEE011B13 (resized).jpeg
6986343A-DFCF-4A59-9773-BE86462A52E3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2056 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked already but planning on getting a premium in the next few day.

Did I read they have two of the original songs in the game?

Has anyone tried fiddling with pinball browser to change anything out?

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are at least three that I've noticed (tough to tell when you're busy trying to keep your eye on the ball). The John Williams music is prevalent enough in the game that you won't feel like you need to load any more. They really work well with the game play (especially the TIE fighter mode!).

Cool, that’s what I was hoping to hear!

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

With the full John William score it sounds better...
» YouTube video

WOW!

#2078 2 years ago

Stern ever going to sell accessories for this machine?

Blades, topper, armor, anything?

2 weeks later
#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen? I have money set aside for an overpriced topper. They just don't want to take my money!!!

Yeah I’m annoyed. It’s the only thing holding me back from buying the premium.

Would be nice to know what the whole package is intended to look like before i spend over 7k

2 weeks later
#2361 2 years ago

Any word on Stern Accessories yet?

4 weeks later
#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

ugh- I am waiting (impatiently) also!

Yeah no kidding - I’ve been waiting to buy a premium until these come out.

All or nothing for me!

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I agree. Not to mention the fact that there are so many clips from the movie, mixed with the music, that the lack of gimmicks is really made up by all of the integration of the trilogy. However, it doesn't just end there...mix that with the hyperloop on the premium and LE versions, the variable rewards given by both the FORCE targets and the Mystery scoop, an integrated button on the lock down bar, a 3-bank that likes to kick your ass but is super important, an amazing light show...not to mention all of the extra hurry ups that sneak up on you (Boba Fett, TIE fighter, hyperspace, lightsaber duel, etc.) mixed with all of the mini wizard mode multi balls, that this really becomes a full package experience!!! The open pf layout allows you to really get some fast balls going, and combined with the above, makes this game not only addictive, but a challenge and a keeper!!
I think this game is great and I love it. I think that the whole crew did an amazing job on this title.... not to mention the fact that, if one really wanted to (myself included) add a couple Star Wars toys to just aid/add in the visual candy, you can! I have the premium version, and I have been extremely happy with it ever since it landed at the house. The development of the code over the last few months has only solidified my excitement for this game.

Nice destroyer, where did you get it? Lights up?

Game cards as well, very nice!

#2797 1 year ago

Anyone have the lightedpinball mods destroyer? I think it has the engines that light up blue like the falcon.

#2806 1 year ago

Anyone buy the side blades from retrorefurbs? They look pretty nice.

#2812 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yeah would like to see those installed!

I think I'm buying them today and will post a picture installed. They look good and lots of detail if you look closely.

#2813 1 year ago

Anyone have a Darth Vader or storm trooper shooter rod on the premium that could post a pic? Can't decide

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from Moortus:

More good news for Star Wars! Believe it or not Stern had a Booth at CES. I'll cut to the chase. I asked a guy, I can't remember his name but he said he runs the accessories business for Stern, about the R2D2 topper. He said that the final design has been submitted to Lucas / Disney for final approval. He said R2 will not display a hologram of princess Leia. He described the topper as R2D2 sitting in the back of Luke's X-wing, not a full x-wing just the rear bit where R2 sits. He said R2D2 is very interactive, he moves and talks and reacts a lot throughout the game. He said the topper should be available for sale this spring. He also said there will be a stormtrooper shooter rod knob coming as well.

Sounds cool, any mention of rails?

#2822 1 year ago

What's the consensus on adding a shaker? Worth it on this machine?

#2824 1 year ago

Easy install? My GB came with it installed already and my other machines with them aren't spike.

#2837 1 year ago
Quoted from forensicd:

made some cards:

Anyone know how to get these to print at correct size?

I’m assuming they aren’t formatted already and will be too small.

#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely. It seems next to impossible for the diodes not to flex at least a bit during the install. I couldn't avoid moving mine back and forth at least a bit during the install.
Hell, I think for a vast majority of owners performing the diode fix will put more strain / flex on the diodes then 1000's of gameplay sessions will.

I was thinking the same thing. They do move a bit during install and I wasn’t liking that!

#2855 1 year ago
Quoted from forensicd:

made some cards:

I've been trying for an hour to get these downloaded to my mac and resized. not having success!

anyone able to get these formatted for me and perhaps send me a pm with them.

I was planning on printing each on a 4x6 photo paper and then trimming edges.

#2860 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

I have my kit at home and afraid to do it with the zip ties. Are you just using a hot glue gun to wedge that spacer in there then? never really did any type of repair on any of my machines I had as they were NIB.

I was thinking some self stick pipe insulation foam wedged in there would probably work as well.

#2882 1 year ago

Had my premium delivered today and dumb question - is start button supposed to illuminate? It works but not lighting up.

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep should light up.

Bulb missing from harness, I’ll have to look inside button.

May have popped out getting it down the stairs.

#2886 1 year ago

Can someone take a picture of the wiring on the button? I have a post with no wire on bottom.

#2888 1 year ago

Thanks.... brand new machine and the thing isn’t oriented correctly.

I’ll have to switch it around to that position.

Have to wonder how it leaves factory like that.

#2889 1 year ago

Am I missing something here?

Looks like there should be a bulb.

586A21EE-9758-4C95-A914-7219669BA245 (resized).jpeg

#2890 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Am I missing something here?
Looks like there should be a bulb.

Disregard - bulb was found in cabinet speaker hiding!

#2898 1 year ago

Had my machine delivered Friday and this thing is just awesome.

Somehow during battle above Endor I blew up the death star and had to be one of the most intense sequences of multiballs I’ve ever seen!

Video sequences and music are perfectly integrated in this machine as well.

Just pure fun and shoots so smooth

#2900 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Awesome welcome to the club! There are two modes that you can destroy the Death Star. Battle Above Endor is one of those. Actually in that mode it’s the second Desth Star that gets destroyed.

It was so crazy that I didn’t see the video of the Death Star until after it was exploding.

When you say second Death Star you are referring to the one that appears only partially built I’m assuming? Does the video actually show that?

#2903 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All, anyone install “Directors Cut”? What is that?

I’d like to know more about this as well, didn’t notice it in the menu. I was thinking maybe it had to do with enabling the voices on video clips in attract mode but there is another setting for that.

#2911 1 year ago

An chance the directors cut lengthens the short video clips in the attract mode?

#2914 1 year ago

Any reason to not install this in a home environment?

#2927 1 year ago

What is the best looking star destroyer that you all are adding?

I got mine from lighted pinball mods today and am not real happy with it, don’t think I’m installing it.

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

They all seem to lack any kind of darker shading in the details, and are a brighter grey than the falcon. Was disappointed in mine as well, very plastic-y looking.

Well if someone wants mine I'll sell it for $30. Not something I want on a $7500 machine. Back to the drawing board on finding a nice destroyer.

#2935 1 year ago

I think I'm going to go with the one in post 2784. Looks like a high quality licensed replica.

Don't care if it lights up or not, there is tons of lighting in the machine already.

If someone wants the one I got from lightedmods I can save you some cash, send me a pm. Otherwise I'm chucking it in the trash!

#2936 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the worst shit on the internet; just horrible.

Sort of funny! I bought the damn thing because a lot of folks on here seem happy with it.

Maybe I’m just picky and expect the damn thing to look like it belongs on a $7500 machine!

#2940 1 year ago

After putting several games on my new premium this weekend I really don’t have any complaints. I think Stern has done a heck of a job with this so far.

It got me thinking though. The one area I would like to see improved are the video modes. I’m under the impression the only one currently is the asteroid scene.

They need to add more perhaps one from each area Hoth, Tatooine end Endor or maybe character specific video modes like Leia in forest on speeder or Han blasting storm troopers, luke with some x-wing action.

#2942 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know how liked videa modes are these days. I thik you'd hear a lot of bitching if a game had 3-4 of them these days. Plus that's a lot of work I would think.

I think they are cool and offer some variety.

It’s one of those things where if you are going to have one you better have a couple different ones or it will get awfully repetitive. I dodged asteroids twice within a couple minutes during the same game and got me thinking about this a bit.

#2944 1 year ago

Any idea what else they may or should do with the next code updates?

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No. I wouldn't think anything will be coming for a long time.

Only reason I mentioned it was last weeks stern of the union mentions another update in near future featuring bug fixes, more polish and some tweaks.

#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I think we may see a bug fix drop in the near future, then maybe a final polish later down the road. All in all it feels pretty complete to me, I would love them to add one extra video mode so Hoth 1 and Video Mode aren't identical that seems kinda silly. Or make Hoth 1 a different mode. Otherwise I feel its mostly done, maybe add in some more callouts for the modes like " shoot the left ramp" which they have in some but not all.

Agree, it feels very complete. I'm really liking this machine. When I mentioned the video mode previously, I don't think they need 10 or 12 of them like in Indy but maybe 1 or 2 additional may be appropriate given the depth of this game.

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I don’t need anymore video modes.
Hoth 1 should be changed to something else. And when you hit an asteroid, video mode should end.

What should it be changed to? Another video mode or some other shot sequence matched up to video on monitor?

I’m all for variety with this sort of thing or else it can get too repetitive and I agree hit an asteroid and it’s over.

But every time video mode is lit to know all your gonna get is asteroids? They could do just a little more than that I think.

Otherwise I’m loving this machine!

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's just a mode

What is currently programmed for Hoth 1 at the moment? I don't have everything memorized yet. Original poster said he wanted hoth 1 changed.

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

The asteroid video mode hence the issue

Gotcha - yeah that is strange that they would do that.

That would qualify for needing a tweak and some polish from Stern.

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What if they added a couple floating multipliers that could be grabbed during the video mode or maybe an X with up arrow next to it and if you can pick it up it increases your multiplier one step of what it is currently for the video mode. Maybe add an EB floating too? And hitting an asteroid should do more than restart the progress but maybe shed 1 second off the timer each time you hit an asteroid?
EDIT: oh and maybe an X icon with down arrow that decreases your multiplier too.

This could be cool but I would still like to see something totally different for hoth 1.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm not a huge fan of video modes just because video game consoles are so advanced that it makes any video mode on a pinball machine look like a video game from the 80's; kind of cute and nostalgic and they can be somewhat fun but I'm busy playing Battlefront 2 which is an immersive Star Wars video game experience that makes the asteroid video mode look kind of kitschy. I don't mind having the "Video Mode" but would agree with the general sentiment that it would be great to replace the Hoth 1 mode with an actual pinball experience... even if still asteroid related in terms of theme of the mode. Instead of dodging asteroids on the screen, I'd be good with trying to avoid asteroids on the playfield by having to make certain shots and avoiding others.

If it is a Hoth related mode than give me either a pinball mode from hoth or a video mode from Hoth.

I just don’t like when hey reuse stuff for no good reason, just a lack of creativity really.

The one good thing about the video mode is it gives you a bit of a breather, game gets intense at times!

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed. I'm OK with Hoth I being the Asteroid Field mode (since Han and company escaped Hoth via the asteroid field). The real issue is that Hoth I and Video Mode are identical. They should just change whichever one they have a cool mini-game idea for. Wishful thinking since we're already at 1.0 code, but it'd be an awesome addition to an already great game.
I love the idea of adding bonus items to the Asteroid Field. Make a bit more of a game out of it. I'm OK with collisions being non-fatal (since they were in the movie) but as it stands now the mode runs too long without enough to do. Make it shorter (with fatal collisions) or add more stuff to aim for. This may also be unlikely since these changes would probably require a few rounds of code tweaking to balance the scoring, but it would be cool.

I don't think it is necessarily wishful thinking given Stern just said last week that more tweaks and code polish will be coming in the near future. I get that stern has been slow with code development but with this title in particular they have been pretty good to date with updating things.

You make some good additional points in addition to not needing two asteroid related mode/video modes. Better use of PF LCD and more use of the action button. These two things are not integrated very well

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You mean in unirregards to videa modes or just in general? Cause I think the action button can be used quite a bit to get maximum points out of things moving the Xs around.

Maybe I’m over thinking things but moving multipliers and shooting tie fighters doesn’t seem like a ton of integration considering everything else that is going on during the game.

So I guess I was just generally speaking and more pointed towards the pf lcd because that doesn’t do a whole lot in my opinion.

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

You can launch the ball and go lightspeed with it too!

Lightspeed as in the boost to the falcon in video mode?

#2988 1 year ago

Added the Armada destroyer after that crap one I got on eBay.

Also put and additional tie fighter and x-wing in, the couple additional ships visually add a lot and don’t block view of any lit shots or playfield art.

I’m diggin the storm trooper shooter as well, fits the premium art very nicely.

Did I mention I really like this machine?

7DF3F52C-BE94-452B-80B4-E38BD1FEA546 (resized).jpeg

AEA52441-3461-474A-8D23-0A674DFCCCA0 (resized).jpeg

EBF03A16-7D63-4F33-BCDD-C3E6F1FD243D (resized).jpeg

A07AFF20-10ED-49FE-AD9D-EB90E219A4BD (resized).jpeg

#2992 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So now that it’s known that the hyperloop shot/wireform can be adjusted. How have prem/LE owners been doing making that shot and it taking? Do you still get rejects or is it easier/more successful shot when it counts the most?

Really haven’t found the need to make an adjustment. When the shot is made pure it doesn’t get rejected but you can tell if you don’t get it square or if it has some funky spin on it going in.

Clever design and works as intended, at least I think it does.

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

It would look better if it was the right trooper. I wish the people making mods would "for the love of all things in the Force" they are period correct!
That is a first order Stormtrooper.
It should be a Imperial Stormtrooper.
Sorry just my Star Wars nerd coming out.

I hear ya - not many options for this sort of thing and it looks better than a std shooter rod.

Stern is supposed to make one as well but who knows when it will be available and it will be interesting to see if they make it period correct.

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

At the risk of redundancy, is the game complete code wise minus the mode gripes above? Like, is there a final wizard mode that's actually fun? Or is it like ghostbusters where something happens, but it's really nothing(we're ready to believe you)? I'm interested in a SW pro but don't want to be "Ghostbustered" by code

The game seems pretty complete as there is an awful lot to accomplish and a variety of multiballs.

I have had my premium a little over a week and really enjoying it.

Not sure if this has been published but it may be helpful to find a ruleset laying out the different modes etc... I’m not even sure what the wizard and final wizard modes are yet.

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Mini wizards (Victory Multiball) & final wizard mode (Battle the Emperor) are out there and reachable. I've made it to a couple of Victory Multiball, both outstanding. I've not Battled the Emperor yet, but the few reports I've seen they are very enjoyable as well. Even if you make it past Emperor you will restart your character selection and start a new journey, with new modes and objectives for the different character.
Having played all the latest Stern's in the last half a dozen years or so it's definitely their best code effort since Metallica, and I believe matured quicker than Metallica did as well......

Cool didn’t know Victory multi was a mini wizard. I got there after blowing up the Death Star in battle above endor.

That was pretty intense action!

Do hoth or tatooine have mini wizard modes as well?

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I have confirmed there is no such mode. Basically just resets the 4 characters and you play through again, and at this point you are just playing for score.

The end wizard mode for any character is Jedi multiball correct? Where you battle emporer.

#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Update: Didn't stay put. Ordered the 1/2" Mezel splint covers and attempted to install, but the splint bracket has changed for Star Wars, so the Mezel covers didn't fit. Tried tightening the screws this time and will see if that helps.

What is this in reference to?

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

That seems much more likely unfortunately.
While on the subject of improvements to rules. I vote for Destroy the Death Star(final mode) to be a single ball mode instead of 2 ball. I have lost track of how many times I have started this only to watch it instantly end the second one of the balls drain. It does have a short ball saver but the 2nd ball does nothing but block your shots needed to qualify the death star shot(which is difficult, especially on premium/LE). It seems nearly impossible to keep two balls in play for any length of time on this game with these thirsty drains. I have yet to destroy the D.S. and I have had this game about 5-6 weeks!
Anyone else here get tired of being lectured by Yoda at the end of every single ball? I would pay extra to just have random quotes from the movie Trilogy instead of Yoda every single time. There is a ton a great material to draw from for this!
I do want to say I am not hating on S.W. here. I think this game is very good but feel it has potential to be kind of EPIC with some strategic tweaks.

I like Yoda but do agree - need some more variety

Vader has a lot of good quotes to use!

#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Does Star Wars benefit from a shaker?

I asked this a couple weeks ago when I got my premium and decided to add the shaker.

I think it’s integrated well and isn’t over used.

#3096 1 year ago

Anyone try adjusting the tie fighter to straighten it up a bit? I've noticed mine leans slightly forward and to the left. Obviously not a big deal just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

2 weeks later
#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is there a consensus on who has the best lit toys? Destroyer, x-wing, MF, etc...

There is a guy on etsy running a shop called the LED hangar that is making some killer lit Star Wars stuff. Kind of pricey but it's good quality.

#3290 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With the Mod ship request I must Also share what NOT to buy in my opinion!!! I will note I have NEVER bad mouthed a product as I do appreciate the effort in most all cases to try but This mod to me is Horrible! A few threads back #Psw757 said he bought a Lighted destroyer from Lightedpinballmods but was not satisfied with it. I figured, why not I'm cheap and it is just a toy and he only wanted $20 for something he paid $90 for. For the record he Really tried to talk me out of it saying its Really not good but I Figured How bad can it be for $90? Holly mother I thought this was some kind of gag gift when I opened it?? It was squishy soft and looked Seriously looked like it was molded with peanut butter and a Spoon@! And smelled like it also! The finished gooey toy appears to be finished with a paint roller and illumination was more a few scratches that glowed through the paint. Sorry but absolutely Nothing I would ever use for anything beyond a door stop to be honest. I think its painted clay? Anyone want a Smoking deal on a cool mod? lol sorry I would Never sell this to Anyone nor do I in Any way hold #Psw757 accountable for anything but honesty. I may squish it into an ashtray for cigar nights...

I was hoping to not see that piece of shit again...... your killing me! Lol

#3292 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was hoping to not see that piece of shit again...... your killing me! Lol

I'm still chuckling at your post!

It is ridiculous quality and I have no idea how people on here can recommend stuff like that.

I bought it originally because several folks said that was the one to get until the Armada ship was displayed by someone.

I like the ashtray idea, thing is probably flammable though!

#3296 1 year ago

Good feedback on eBay as well and several pinsider mentioned being satisfied with this particular mod.

That’s why I was perplexed when that showed up at the cost of $70+$15 shipping.
It’s even worse in person than those pictures show, if that’s possible to believe!

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have this on my machine, and have defended it in the past. I was disappointed when I got it, but it looked better under glass. I can’t defend it any longer. I wasted my money. Time to replace it with something that looks like it goes in an $8000 machine.

Get the Armada Star Destroyer, it looks like it came with the machine. Very highly detailed.

#3300 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Imperial or victory class? What’s the best?

I went with the Imperial since that is the one in the game and on artwork. The victory looks good too just slightly smaller.

#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from flashburn:

lol it keeps getting funnier. I went to his page to check his reviews, and see if there was a way to leave a note to make sure I never buy one of his products, and I saw that I left a review for him previously. However it was just when I sold him my Rollergames, not for one of his actual products.

Look at his eBay store feed back. 100% and 10300 transactions.

Not sure how that is possible with a giant hunk of shit like that!

Was it that I just got he sample piece when he started making these?

#3348 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

With regards to the Armada Star Destroyer figure, has anyone opened this up so lighting or fiber optics can be added? That would be the finishing touch.

Take a look on Etsy store called the Led hangar.

Guy doing all kinds of armada Star Wars stuff with fiber optic and it looks amazing.

1 week later
#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

How are you guys mounting these ships? I have some piano wire and I was thinking about using that. Seems like the Armada ship is kind of big for one mount though.
Edit: I found some great picture from earlier in this thread using piano wire. I will mount some toys, though I am a little worried the Armada class Destroyer is a little too big. I am go to try to keep it over top of the right ramp as much as possible.

Armada Imperial Destroyer looks fantastic and fits perfectly, looks like it came with machine.

3 weeks later
#3827 1 year ago

What’s the consensus on more SW content being added in final update?

I’m loving this game but sure would like to see maybe an additional mission to choose from on each planet and perhaps some more voice content. Need some chewy, jabba, more Vader and storm trooper action!

Maybe polish the video content a bit in attract mode, some clips seem done well and some end very abruptly.

Wishful thinking- this game is pretty close to perfect

#3832 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They aren't going to add mission that don;t have inserts.

you have a selection of missions to choose from to suffice endor/hoth/tattooine 1-3. Not saying have a 4th insert just more options to choose from within the original footprint.

I generally like whats there but there are a couple that seem very basic and repetitive

#3836 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How would you have more options than these 3 when there's only three inserts per group?

Easy, on endor I seem to get the speeder bike and duel on cloud city quite a bit. Can there not be more scenes to choose from to complete? Really don't see how what I'm suggesting has anything to do with inserts on the PF.

#3837 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey man I'm with you that would be great...just don;t see any it happening.

Your probably correct - just wishful thinking, it's a really enjoyable game so far.

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you think there is a pool of missions that get randomly selected... That's not the case. There are 4 missions for each battle/planet and that's it. Depending on which character you choose, you can only do certain ones (which corresponds to which events they were present for in the movies). There is no randomness and there aren't more than what the inserts indicate.

I wasn't trying to imply there is a pool of missions but I think perhaps there should(could) be some more to choose from so you aren't doing the same thing over and over and it would also give the game a little more randomness. Same applies to the video mode.

I was just trying to create some discussion on what could potentially be tweaked, added, polished as stern has said is coming in the last few Stern of the Unions.

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

I think some some additional Lightsaber/Escape Boba Fett style modes would be fun - Escape Boba Fett isn't even from the movies. Which is fine with me...
Maybe change up the second asteroid field mode to include something fun. Maybe spelling force could enable a training mode on degobah? Maybe the "Targeting Computer" items can be made a little more clear/intuitive on what's available and what is earned with some scene integration?
I agree on the Yoda comment. Out of habit I double flipper through him most of the time without thinking. Salicious Crumb laughing would be a great addition. Maybe some other "now release your anger, and your path to the dark side will be complete" quote would be awesome? So many options...

It would be cool for there to be some coding on quick drains from the emporer, perhaps “I can feel your anger” with that snarky laugh he has.

Need some chewy sounds and some more Darth Vader action would be cool.

I wish they were able to animate the tie fighters a bit instead of just having them floating/static on the display as well, minor gripe but could add a bit more visual depth to the game.

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Don't they already use that for tilts?

The laugh... yes but don’t recall the I can feel your anger. Besides, don’t tilt too often anyway.

2 weeks later
#4137 1 year ago

Anyone know if there are any adjustments that can be made to the tie fighter so it stands more upright?

Mine seems to be leaning slightly forward and left. Not a big deal but it is noticeable.

#4187 1 year ago

I hope to see more Vader and Emperor clips, chewy in game and some more variety for ball drain clips than just Yoda.

Maybe some tie fighter/ x-wing action scenes and another video mode.

Other than that wishlist I’m happy!

#4198 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Don't need another video mode anyway, but like others, I would prefer if the Hoth mode was different than video mode. If having the two be the same was the original intent, I guess I'd be a little surprised. Why duplicate? Seemed like a bit of a cheat by Stern to get code done. Better than missing a mode, but duplicative.

Agree with this 100%, doesn’t need to be another video mode but something to breakup the repetition is some much needed polish to the code.

I also find the tattooine missions and multiball to be much easier than the others. Not sure how others feel about this but maybe some more code tweaks for that as well.

#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from genex:

I've been beta testing and there's some squirrely bugs that Stern is working to stomp out. So far the next rev is looking good and I like the things that are being tweaked/fixed... not sure on timing but it's more important that things get completed than sent out just to beat a deadline IMHO FWIW

Is it just bug fixes or are there some surprises for us?

#4257 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't see the shooter anywhere. Apparently it is a storm trooper. Part number is 502-7048-00?

Crazy, no info on this at all.

Where is the damn topper already!

#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, it's either looking at the floor or staring up at the ceiling.....

Why the hell would they design it like that?

#4286 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

That will be easy to take a pass on.

Someone needs to make that storm trooper shooter mod the right way!

#4310 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

When the midnight madness mode was active, it was the cantina. Was really cool, not sure why it vanished.

Could it perhaps have been buggy? Maybe it will be back, I agree it would be cool to have it.

I hope they fix the video content during the attract mode. I saw two clips the other night that i haven't seen before and they both cut out right before the action was about to start, I was drawn in to watch it for a minute.

#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

no new stuff..just major bug fixes. No double asteroid modes, no double light saber modes, etc...stuff like that.

This is all good but still sucks if true that nothing new added.

#4402 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes! More end of ball callouts / video are needed in the game and from other characters then just Yoda. Why not have one of Vader saying "Impressive, most impressive" for a good ball? The Emperor saying "Goooood" would be another. Reach a planet multiball and have ObiWan say "You've just taken your first step into a larger world". Stuff like that.
I would also like to see some end of ball clips that are of Jabba and / or Salacious Crumb laughing if you have a rather short ball, lol. Bring some of the subtle comedy from the films into the game.
I'm happy with all of the modes in the game and would just like to see more film video / audio added to the game at this point.

All great ideas... anyone else find the tattoine multiball a bit underwhelming? Video content and light show just aren’t as exciting as the others.

Attract mode clips and sounds could be lengthened/enhanced as well.

Really wanting the topper already too!

#4403 1 year ago
Quoted from francky93:

Yes in this thread i found mine

How did you get these sized properly?

I have the same ones and are either a touch too big or small.

#4426 1 year ago

The R2-D2 looks like cardboard or two dimensional.

#4428 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes it does. But if it is only a $299 topper vs the $599 topper, would you buy it?

Honestly, no. I spen $7600 for this great machine and would like to see something a bit more cutting edge perhaps interactive like the JJP potc ship in a bottle. Star Wars deserves a cool topper.

If we can afford 7-10k machines, we can afford 4-600 toppers if desired.

Not saying they shouldn't make a lower cost alternative available but not at the expense of making the interactive version.

#4434 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's what I'm hoping for. If Stern makes the R2 topper very interactive I think they will sell a ton of them even at $500. I hope they are going all out with it as it has the potential to be the greatest topper of all time.

Yeah if it does all this stuff I have no problem spending the $500 but if it is just a light up R2-D2 then I think that price point is crazy.

#4468 1 year ago

Finally got my hands on some side blades that match the world under the glass and look good!

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Those are the ones I have too, they look amazing, they may not want you posting pics though.

got rid of the pics, didn't think it would be a problem to show them

#4475 1 year ago

Exactly.... I took the photos down as I don’t want to create issues for the seller. They are posted in another thread from another pinsider as well.

#4488 1 year ago

I have to laugh about the code coming out today, it must be because I had a killer game scoring 1.8 billion this afternoon, lol! Oh well, I'll still take it.

Where is the damn topper, reading this makes me more excited for the damn thing!

#4508 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Woh, there is now another sound clip of Jabba speaking his native language when you lose a ball. If that was there before, I never heard it.

Sweet - I hope there are some more hidden nuggets. I was hoping for something other than yoda, more randomness.

In the SW adjustments there is a R2-D2 motor setting so it must be a animated topper they are planning.

Anyone notice a difference in attract mode video and sound?

#4551 1 year ago

Had a pretty good battle above Endor going but didn’t blow up Death Star. When last ball drained I noticed a new animation on the screen where the Death Star laser canon lights up and looks like it blows something up. Didn’t catch the whole thing but don’t recall seeing it after successfully blowing it up or not.

Anyone else see this clip?

#4573 1 year ago

They need more variety in the yoda end of ball clips, I know you can skip them but this has to be one of the more annoying nuances of the game. And I even like yoda. Just not enough variety.

I really enjoy all of the worlds and their modes however I find the tattoine stuff a little underwhelming especially the multiball. This could use a little polish in my opinion.

I hope they start shipping the topper soon because between waiting for this and my JJP potc, I’m growing tired of waiting! Lol

Anyone buy the Stern shooter?

#4575 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I feel like I remember the Tattoine MB being completely different in some of the earlier code. Different shots, rules, etc. Wonder if it had different video too... Not sure why it got switched

I really don’t know if anything changed with it but I completed it yesterday and it seemed awfully easy in comparison to the others and the video content with it, don’t really recall anything all that exciting. Again compared to DS,Hoth and Endor all have excellent video content for the multiballs.

Anyone else notice this?

#4580 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Upgraded to 1.03 and on the second game experienced the dreaded flippers are dead issue and the ball drained. I’m still not sure what the sequence of events are that causes it. One time it started video mode while the ball was still on the playfield, but there is at least one other vector. I was hoping this release would have squashed this bug.

I had this yesterday. Selected speeder bike mission for Endor 1 and the ball post came up watched video and as soon as post went down flippers dead and drained.

#4581 1 year ago

Not sure if this was there before but there is a single switch just aft of the force targets that really are active now with a bunch of random R2-D2 sounds.

I’m wondering if this may be one of the triggers for the interactive topper once coded in?

#4582 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Tatooine and Endor rules changed a few updates ago (1.0 code in December)
Added new rules and choreography for ESCAPE FROM TATOOINE.
- Shoot the alternating shots of left ramp and right inner loop to
progress the story of Luke getting to the yacht, retrieving Leia,
and exploding Jaba's Yacht.
- There 9 parts to the story.
- Along the way the 3 bank, right ramp, and right eject will increase
your award value.
- So you have a choice of going straight for the end or trying to
maximize your scoring potential.
- Completing the 9 shots will start Victory Multiball
Added new rules and choreography to ESCAPE FROM HOTH. To complete this mission you have to fire ion cannons so your transports can escape. Also you need to destroy an AT-AT. Afterward you will be able to get to the Falcon and "Punch it":
- The spinner and pop-bumpers will build your award value. Shoot the
left orbit 3 times to fire an ion cannon. Then the 3-bank will
collect the last award of this part.
- Afterward the 3-bank will continue to increase the award value.
- Shoot the inner loop 4 times to wrap your tow cable around the legs
of an AT-AT to bring it down.
- Last two ramp shots are needed to light the final HOTH shot.
- Shooting the final shot will allow Han and friends to escape from
Darth Vader and start Victory Multiball.

Are all of these rules available for print somewhere?

I thought I completed hoth by disabling the At-at but have no idea if any ion cannons were fired.

I believe the only time I achieved victory MB was blowing up DS in Endor so I guess I may have answered my own question.

As for tattoine, I completed the ramps shots and shortly there after drained so I thought that was it. Didn’t realize there were more animations and content with the other 9 shots.

#4584 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I also was wondering about the Hoth mb. It says spinner to increase value, inner loops to destroy at-at. Do you know just how many times you need to hit those loops before completing that mb for victory mb? I really thought I was hitting a ton of loops, until I was down to the last ball and the MB was over...only MB I've completed thus far is endor, which I guess is ok bc I get to see the egg crack

This game has a deceptively deep code to it and is extremely under rated so far. So many different ways to play and many tasks to complete.

#4586 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And I've said this before, stop starting the mode if you don't want to play it. YOU'RE the one starting it, not the machine. The rules don't need to be build around making things easier for you.

I had this mode go active yesterday when playing and couldn’t skip it. I avoided the left ramp to see if it would time out so I could move on and it didn’t. Just sat there flashing until I finally said screw it and shot the left ramp.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I did something wrong.

#4599 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is getting somewhat nit-picky. Star Wars code is pretty fantastic. The simple fact that you don't need to repeat Lightsaber Duel if it was previously completed is just fine and a welcome addition to the new code release. This isn't code by committee.

Not code by committee but last I checked this is called a discussion forum and that is what we are all doing, discussing code.

Nothing worth getting bent out of shape about.

#4604 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All good! My discussion for the discussion fourm is that this is nit-picky!

Yeah I hear you. I think there is a lot of mis info on how some of this stuff is coded and creates off expectations.

#4621 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow...didn;t even know you could do that!

Yeah - that is news to me as well, pretty funny though!

1 week later
#4700 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did you try to turn it down in the settings? I have the PBL and for me it seems like it's barely used and doesn't add much... Normal settings

My thoughts as well

#4705 1 year ago

I was agreeing that there doesn’t seem to be a ton of shaker activity coded into the game. The biggest shake I notice is end of game death star action. Gives a good rumble but rest of game i find to be very subtle even when blowing up Death Star. I wish it would be a little more active when you achieve this because sometimes it’s so crazy you don’t even know it’s happening.

Yes I do have it set on maximal use as well.

#4714 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

video mode has some decent shake to it

Only if you hit the asteroids

#4740 1 year ago

Anyone buy the Stern shooter yet?

Wondering what it looks like installed.

#4755 1 year ago

I find it satisfying in the fact that it isn't easy to do. Not sure what people want out of a plastic part but I think it's fine for what it is. Any animation/movement is certainly better than no movement.

Maybe they could of done a bit more with lighting/sound to enhance it more?

#4759 1 year ago

Dumb question here...

Finally made it through escape from boba fett and was so busy looking for the next shot that I missed everything that was happening on mini lcd and main display.

Was something cool supposed to happen that I missed?

#4766 1 year ago
Quoted from fusion:

anybody know where I can get this type of side armor for my stern game (want to send it out for powdercoat)? Cant seem to source them.

Steve @ Pinball refinery. Hemiorange09 on pinside.

1 week later
#4890 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's my mini review and NIB SW Pro experience.
First, sterns got their shit down. I don't care what pinside says, the setup on my GOT, IMDN, & SW spike games have been EASY. Only issue I had was the left sling coil wouldn't fire - it was stuck, freed it up and all is good.
So I get the game setup, updated, and ready to play....and it's slow as F*ck!?!? I Got it at 6.9-7.0 deg and it feels floaty and slow. What's going on? Maybe my level is broken or something. So I pitch it up to 7.1-7.2 deg, slightly better but still slow. I thought this game is supposed to be fast right? Then it hit me; I just got a shipment of Ball Baron Ninja balls in. I cleaned them as instructed last night but have not played a single game with them in any of my games - currently have them in IMDN too but didn't get to play last night. So, I swap em out of SW and put the Marco standards back in. Holy shit its night & freakin' day! The ninja's are shiny as shit but I don't know what it is about them, but they don't play right. I'll be taking them out of IMDN too and sticking to the Marco's from now on.
OK; so now I can play this game how it's meant. Fast and furious and I love it! Don't know what the hell I was doing in my first 10 games but I stuck to the same method; play Luke, focus on Death Star or Hoth missions. After finally understanding what to do in the 3 Death Star missions I can say I am having a great time. This game is obviously about understanding the rules and what all the lights and symbols mean. There's these ice blue arrows that pop up all the time, and while I don't know wtf they do, when I started ignoring them I started progressing better through the game. Really having a good time and the game is fun. There is a lot to explore. That's all I got for now; but I did get a chance to destroy the Death Star and played the Hoth multiball too and got 100+ tie fighters all in the same game and that felt goooo-oood.
At first I was skeptical but this game is giving me a good rush. So far so good gents!

Strange about the ninja balls. Have had them in my SW for 6 months as well as all my machines and no issues, play fast and still look great!

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When you got your ninja balls were they doused in oil? He said he ships them in oil now cause someone didn’t use theirs for over a year and they rusted. I have no doubt that the oil is causing the issue; he told me to wipe it off with an old cotton shirt, then roll them in isopropyl alcohol which I did, wiped it off with a cotton shirt, let them sit overnight and wiped down one more time. They look shiny as heck but they definitely roll differently.

Definitely weren’t oily. I did wipe them off though with a cotton shirt since I handled them. The shine is holding up better than any other I’ve ever used.

I would contact him about some replacements, maybe ask for non oiled balls.

#4937 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Dang so many posts today... I thought for sure the topper was released!

Me too, I’m disappointed!

1 month later
#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love LSD, but agree that there are times that it becomes an inconvenience when I am focused on getting to a planet multiball. Since they stop the ball at mode start anyway, I'd like to see the option to play or skip, just like the planet modes have. Doing that would fit in nicely with the structure of the rest of the game being a "choose what you want to do" / non-linear game. It would also be a nice risk/reward decision as if you end up with a great game and getting close to Jedi, you might regret not playing it the first time around. I'd set it up so if you decide to skip it, you have to go through all five drop bank completions again for another shot at it. That would definitely put some weight behind the decision. I do really appreciate that the mode is no longer repeated until after Jedi.
As for video mode...I enjoy it, but in a perfect world I would rather see an additional normal mode for Hoth 1 with the video mode being only used when video mode is lit. The game needs some tauntauns and Wampa, and Hoth 1 would be a great opportunity for a mode based on that scene! Then video mode would be stand alone only, preferably skippable like in Game of Thrones. If skipped, be required to requalify...and adding a different reward such as a hidden extra ball in the asteroid field would be a nice addition and extra incentive to play.
Of course both of these are just my "perfect world" wishes. The game is completely awesome as-is and I do not hate how those two modes work now.

Agree 100% on the video mode suggestion. It would really be perfection if hoth 1 was a normal mode to be added and the video is only active when lit.

#5359 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys I understand the battle above Endor is from return of Jedi and second Death Star. Ur talking to a Star Wars fanatic. My question is how do u get to the trench run for first ds? Do I use luke then do Death Star missions ??
Thanks

Pretty sure any character gets you there as long as you complete all the Death Star modes. It’s hard to complete!

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Release Notes do not indicate a single bug fix... that's helpful!

So what's in the code?

1 week later
#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah. Once you hit a mode shot, the display shows a clip from the applicable movie.
My point is that the default screen in between shots would be more awesome-o if you were in a snowspeeder, land speeder, etc.

Good points, didn't really think about this until you posted it and your right.

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Still no actual announcement for the topper. No pics. No description. F**king crickets...

Yeah it’s beyond ridiculous at this point, irritating!

#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Will be available to order sometime in 2019 it seems.

This a joke? IF true where did u hear this?

#5497 1 year ago

Hopefully topper today and Aerosmith code!

#5499 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hopefully topper today and Aerosmith code!

Geez - down voted for hoping to get what so many want... tough crowd

3 weeks later
#5632 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Someone else besides Yoda

Yep they need something else for end of ball sounds/video. Chewy, Obi wan or any variety would be better.

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Every time Yoda talks he says something downgrading. Made me wonder if he was always that way in the movies.
No, he was pretty jovial when he met Luke and was cooking dinner.
So maybe something positive and encouraging from any character besides Chewy

Don't get me wrong, I like Yoda but those 2-3 quotes have to be the most repetitive obnoxious thing in pinball.

Someone needs to email Stern some ideas here. They need some variety.

#5636 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL..... I skip them Every. Single. Time.

So do I and I'm sure everyone else. If there was some variety, I'd be more inclined to let them play.

#5638 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. It sucks that Stern didn't put more video clips from the trilogy into the game. Stern can use video footage from all 3 films featuring the actors, take advantage of that Stern and load the damn game up with more video clips!
One more big update with additional video clips, speech and hell even another character or two to select would be great to see.

I think there has got to be one more update coming with the topper. Yes it's in the settings menu but doubtful it's coded into the game. I'd have to guess there will be some video integration coordinated with the topper.

The end of ball issue is probably my biggest gripe. some more video clips/missions to choose would be cool as well but doubtful that will happen.

#5641 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I sure hope so. Some end of ball animations and sounds that are interested with the topper would be great to see.
Is the toppers release date still set for early September? That was a rumored date I thought I had read a while back.

Someone posted the date of sept 9th. Not sure of that was BS or not though.

#5666 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The mini LCD inside the game is basically one of the "toys" which likely ate a lot of the BOM up. I wonder if they could have forgone the extra LCD and added a few other features instead. The LCD is cool and helpful, but it really doesn't feel like you'd be missing much if it was gone... and maybe we'd feel like the game wasnt so barren if the LCD translated into another 2 or 3 cheaper playfield features scattered around.

I think they could use it a bit more than it is currently coded for. 90% of the time it's just tie fighters.

#5675 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I would love to hear Vader say something like "You have failed me for the last time" on a poor ball 3.
Rob

I would like that as well, I think on the DESW Vader said that.

1 week later
#5754 1 year ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I've had this game now for a few months and there are many things that I love about it. The hyper space multi ball is one of the coolest features I've played in pinball. The theme is a grail theme for me and the pin is fast and fun. However, I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this pin in my collection. It is just too difficult to play. The hyper space shot is so tight that I hit it maybe 1 out of 10 times. It's an essential shot in many of the modes and is so aggravatingly difficult to hit that it just makes me want to pitch this thing into the river.
To prove a point, I haven't even come close to the emperor on this game and have been getting frustrated with my progress so i decided to set the game on 10 balls. 10! This is actually more like 13 balls with the extra balls earned. I played 5 games this afternoon and couldn't even complete the 4 mode multi balls let alone all the other varying objectives required to get to the emperor. This is INSANE! This game is way too difficult and just frustrates me completely.
I'm most likely going to get rid of it, if I can't even cheat and get close to the wizard mode then this is a completely unplayable game. I mean, if i'd have come close it may have buoyed my hopes but with 10 balls and 5 games, I am not even scratching the surface of this thing.

What’s the fun in being able to beat a game right away?
Learn to play better, close the outlanes if needed.
I don’t think I’ve beaten any of my games yet but have a lot of fun playing all of them.

1 month later
#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Because the game interactive toppers with moving parts have always been $500.
Not a distributor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
yelobird are you going to dress up the base of this and sell the kit?

yelobird I’m in if you make this mod!

#6020 1 year ago

Anyone have to replace a tie fighter yet?

Does sell replacements?

A ball impacted it off the tie fighter target and cracked off a third of the left wing.

3 weeks later
#6095 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Have you played JJP-POTC or seen the flow map for the rules on that game? Houdini? Oktoberfest? Pinside screams for more and more from their pinball games every year on year (just look at how much hate KISS had until yesterday). It's changing...
Honestly, i don't even think Star Wars is really that complex - - most of the modes are very basic, hit this blinking shot, then that blinking shot, etc. The nuance comes in to understanding which specific modes you want to bring in at the same time or when and how to try and stack multiballs.

I agree on the Star Wars not being that complex to play...yes there are scoring tricks to get really crazy scoring going.

Star Wars is Deep because there is much to accomplish but really not that complex.
Scoring can be complex but most casual players don’t give a crap about all that anyway.

#6096 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

JJP-POTC has 125 modes. Every single one says "shoot these 2-9 shots before the timer runs out". Every one. You don't need to know a thing about it. Star Wars has modes like the speeder chase, luke's duel with vader, shooting shots to light the tie fighter on a timer, building and collecting values, etc. They're way more complex, and many of them you can't_ finish by just shooting lit shots blindly. And they don't time out. Star Wars forces you to know the rules to its modes to progress. Not to mention Hoth MB with all its different stages and requirements.
Most of pinball seems perfectly content with some 'shoot the blinky lights, or just ignore them' modes with no deeper logic as have been found in every other stern save Dwight's last efforts somewhat

Someone needs to make a nice flowchart for Star Wars like JJP did for POTC.

I don’t even know where all this Star Wars depth of rules info is posted.

#6112 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Stern just tweeted that there are some as of yet undiscovered eastereggs on multiple titles which may be triggered by dates and time of day. I haven’t tried it yet, but I wonder if May 4th might be a special day for Star Wars.

One of the Eastereggs is on the new Beatles machine, starting Dec 10 the Beatles wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

#6128 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Does make a difference in my decision. I think jjp games are worth more, but I'm not rich, so I need to get a good long term game. I have enjoyed SW when I've played it though.

Get the Star Wars, awesome game and I have the POTC as well. Potc is pretty awesome too but it isn’t 3k more awesome and I’m a Star Wars nut too!

1 month later
#6379 10 months ago

Anyone install the air all protector for sale on the Mezel website? One piece extending from 3 bank below lcd across to the tie fighter and ramp. I’ve already replaced one tie fighter from an air ball that took a wing off, replacement is $75.

#6381 10 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I installed the airball protector. Took me a little while because you have to perform minor surgery. Definitely helps and worth the purchase.

Thanks, don’t want to keep replacing tie fighters! Not cheap.

#6385 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Really? This is the first I have heard of this. I have never noticed any airball like that.

Doesn’t happen often but when it does, not pretty. Usually causes ball to hit the tie fighter violently.
Can’t figure out what exactly is causing it.

#6393 10 months ago

Correct me if I’m wrong here as I’ve only managed to get 2 balls in the loop.

It was my understanding all the balls can be put in the loop during multiball, extremely difficult if this is true!

#6400 10 months ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I installed the air ball protector. It seems to work. I had to get help on the installation.

What made install so difficult?

1 month later
#6691 9 months ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Your 2 spot lights are facing the wrong direction. They should point towards the Falcon. You will see how it lights up the playfield when you adjust them. I had a tighten my screws a few times until I finally got it to stay in place.
[quoted image]

Every picture I’ve seen shows them facing parallel to and in between the ball drop and hyper space loop.

Are you saying intended position should put at approximately 45 degree and with them pointing at Death Star mission I and III inserts?

#6718 9 months ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Totally stoked opening NIB and 2nd ball of 2nd game this happens. I've not really played this game and at first thought it was part of the game like the exploding Death Star, lol.
Anyway after inspecting tie fighter the wing seems about as durable as a potato chip. Has anyone come up with a more durable tie fighter swap out? Looks pretty straight forward. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Happened to me, new fighter is $70.

2 weeks later
#6797 8 months ago

Can someone post a pic of their tie fighter assembly?

Removed it to install airball plastic and can’t remember where each screw goes, don’t see it depicted in manual either.

1 week later
#6853 8 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Quick fix to the Mezel mods air ball guard.
Because the guard sits between the mounting post and the playfield mount... it raises the Tie Fighter bracket and makes it uneven with the rear mounting surface.
I drilled out the hole to 1/4” so the mounting post would go through the protector and properly screw all the way into its mount. I got a piece of rigid plastic tubing that I cut to fit between the top of the air ball guard and the tie bracket. This isn’t necessary simply drilling through the guard is enough but this hold the guard firmly in place.
(pic is cockeyed ... everything is in fact straight)
[quoted image]

My tie fighter went back in level without issue. Didn’t have to do any of that to get things to fit properly.

#6855 8 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Mine didn’t ... the hole was too small.

Interesting...I wonder who makes these plastics? They are probably not all exactly the same. It works though!

4 weeks later
#7060 7 months ago

Are we going to see a topper tomorrow for may the fourth be with you day?

#7108 7 months ago

I’d like to see all the music from the movies integrated properly into the modes for theatrical accuracy.

Could be really incredible

#7115 7 months ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I think a lot of people would be interested in this. Not to mention fixing the muted voices during all missions. Not all missions or call outs have a problem. It certainly is obvious when you hear one though. Maybe we should start making a list of the missions and call outs that are muted.

If he does this I will be buying without a doubt.

#7122 7 months ago

Don’t like the video game sounds for the video mode.

I know the stock audio has some authentic Star Wars music and some generic similar sounding stuff.

What modes/missions need real Star Wars music to be added to be more original to the trilogy movies?

#7131 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't really think so. Some of the original movie score is pretty slow paced and doesn't lend itself well to pinball. Pinball music should be high energy and match what it going on with the rest of the package. I am sure that there are some sounds / music that could be further incorporated but just slapping the movie soundtrack in there for the sake of doing it isn't the answer IMO. My friend has the modded Ghostbusters code with the movie songs and it just sounds off.

I’m running that on my GB and sounds about perfect to me as a fan of the franchise.
I guess if your not into the particular theme but just like the game then maybe something like that may sound off.

I wasn’t saying tonreplace everything with the original Star Wars score BUT as someone else pointed out above there is some other material from SW that could sound good.

#7154 7 months ago
Quoted from Celofane:

With the full John Williams soundtrack is not bad too

That’s perfect, nice job!

Any chance you would be willing to share that with us Star Wars fans?

2 weeks later
#7268 6 months ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Did some paint work on the pinworlds mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really good!

Want to paint a set for me? Lol

I like the Hoth world with at-at

2 weeks later
#7339 6 months ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

This would look real nice next to a stern star wars[quoted image]

Are they making these? I’m guessing it’s a 1up machine?

2 months later
#7525 3 months ago
Quoted from tpir:

Pics of clear bunching under the bottom sling posts:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Stern, they reportedly just started replacing Beatles PF’s for similar issue.

#7529 3 months ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would take a serious look at that one before I plunk down my money. I have seen one in person that looked terrible.

The armada version is the way to go for a star destroyer, way more detail.

I bought one of these as well and it was a hunk of shit.

1 month later
#7655 62 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Just realized there is a switch inside the rubber ring just below the spinner. What is the point of that?

I think that switch makes R2 sounds too and will likely be a trigger for the topper if they ever release the damn thing.

#7659 61 days ago

Anyone ever have an issue where Death Star leds just start acting haywire mid game?

Played a game today and this happened, even between balls with ball in shooter lane the green leds wire firing almost continuously which isn’t normal.

Any thoughts?

#7666 60 days ago

Any rumors lately regarding some code polish perhaps when/if topper comes out?

Don’t have many complaints need additional dialogue for ball drains and end of game other than yoda. Give me some more obi wan, chewy, Vader, emporer any of the main players really.

Would like to see maybe another video mode, speeder bikes or something. I know I’m dreaming on this one.

What’s everyone else’s wish list?

#7674 60 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes bummer, I can not buy this pin if the video mode happens every game maybe more than once. Sucks that such a great game is interrupted by this nonsense.

Video modes are fine as long as you aren’t doing the same damn one multiple times. They could easily add another to provide some variety, it is pretty cool when you do it with a big multiplier.

#7682 59 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The fact that we have a whole new set of artwork and the game has been around as long as it has leads me to believe that the topper will never see the light of day unless it happens very soon.
Not holding my breath.

They did say for the holidays this year so if it doesn’t happen by then and we are almost there I agree with you!

I would like to see it happen though.

#7686 58 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is coming[quoted image]

I hope! Did you see it in action?

The base needs some decals and weathering to make it look like he’s riding in the x-wing.

#7687 58 days ago

Anyone at expo ask if those new translites will be for sale? I’d like to frame one and back light it.

#7689 58 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I did not. Not at expo this year. I need to check the expo thread for any Stern tour photos. The photo is from a couple of weeks ago I believe from facebook. Notice it is different than a year ago. More accurate R2.

I think it looks great, would love to see it in action.