• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 186 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6986343A-DFCF-4A59-9773-BE86462A52E3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg
A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg
D04065B9-1FE0-454F-8A93-CB088F9ED797 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1189 2 years ago

My Premium is here! Surprise gift from my wife! Loving it so far; in the club!

The whole family is playing more pinball than I’ve ever seen them.

Marc

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

So found this thumb screw in my box. Looked all over the place and can't find where it came from. Any ideas?

Coin mechanisms?

#1251 2 years ago

The only thing that matters is whether or not you like your game.

1 week later
#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say that if Dwight doesn't put something in the code that allows you to shut Yoda the f**k up at the end of each ball by hitting both flippers, that could be enough to make me sell my game. It's starting to piss me off. The cancel only cancels the bonus information...but the little f**ker keeps talking.

I think I can Pinball Browser this and just edit those clips to not have sound...

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think you guessed correctly what the post is for. It's to avoid auto launched balls bouncing off the 3 bank and then straight down the left outlane. It will certainly be interesting to see if future premium playfields have the post or not.
Rob

I got an extra post in my goodie bag, but no hole drilled for it (obviously).

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First step to the IKEA-isation of Stern. Starts with sand paper, then one post.....next thing you know....

That’s a really funny picture!

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

" this is not the post I was looking for" ?
Its my game, I will drill posts wherever I want . I dont expect stern to say , crap, we forgot 800 posts..
And Steve says "do'nt", but not "why"
Anyway, great game, tough as nails, still love it.

You can absolutely do whatever you want on your game. But at least Steve answered the question of whether or not this was intentional.

Marc

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yes indeed, true.
But.. devils advocate.. Lets say it was un-intentional, per Steve, would that be an acceptable answer for stern?
Like others, I am interested in the why, not on LE, yes on pro, I just dont get it .?

I agree that it would be very interesting to understand why.

Marc

1 week later
#1537 2 years ago

Installed the shaker motor tonight and really like it! It’s well integrated and not overpowering like some other games. Just a nice added dimension. Excited to play with the new code when it ships.

Marc

#1605 2 years ago

Totally agree. This is a game that the more you invest in the more it rewards you.

#1608 2 years ago

I am finding that a really good initial strategy is to get the Tie Fighter multiball as soon as I can. If you start with Luke, chose the + 5 tie fighter path and hit the tie fighter target on plunge, I can usually get to 22 tie fighters and let the ball drain during ball save. I can pretty reliably get to multiball by ball 2 and it goes long enough to light lightsaber duel due to all the wild ball action. Even without playing many of the modes at all, I’m getting to 450k just with this strategy. The more I play this game the more I love it.

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

My issue has been that it doesn’t always drop all the way DOWN.

I have experienced that once or twice. It always corrected itself after the next cycle of the ramp.

1 week later
#1765 2 years ago

I reverted to .89 as well.

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

yep, something special happening with this pin and I'm over any kind of honeymoon phase, I just had game where at one point Tie fighter multi broke out while I had both Death Star and Endor mini wizards going then a hyper space multi and as soon as that ended a Light Saber duel, shortly after that Boba Fett and video mode, almost made to the Emperor 7 billion with frantic but successful use of the PF multiplier, now I've had many many pins and lots of Sterns this thing is quickly becoming one the best I've ever owned if not the best.

It’s the most exciting pinball machine in my collection. The one more game factor is so much higher than anything else I’ve ever done.

Marc

#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I just watched some videos on the premium SW and it seems like the hyper loop ramp is very hard to hit ..
Anyone?

It is a very tight shot for sure. But it feels so good to hit it when you do!

1 week later
#2072 2 years ago

It’s a mystery post?

3 weeks later
#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just had my best game ever... first time getting to the Emperor, was on my last ball... totally killed him, sweaty palms and all! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of playing this one

Oh my goodness what a score!

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How are owners feeling about SW at this point? I'm considering buying one. I have played a few games of both the Pro and the Premium, but I'm interested in hearing from folks that own it and have played it dozens or hundreds of times.

It doesn’t get old. A wonderful game; very fun and deep strategy if you want it.

1 week later
#2381 2 years ago

It’s very close to being complete code in nearly every sense of the word. Just an outstanding pin on so many levels. Just amazing.

#2437 1 year ago

Massive update. Talk about doing it right. Kudos to Dwight and Steve and everyone at Stern.

1 week later
#2600 1 year ago

Folks; the spacers cost me .99 at frys and I already had the zip ties. I’m all for this being a warranty issue and all, but I didn’t want to wait until I had a problem so I bought my own. Which was enough for 4 games!

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What size spacer. I also read about a guy that did his own and tightened it too much and cracked the legs. I know it’s an inexpensive fix, just don’t want to cause problems.

1/4 inch. It was an off the shelf part 1/4 inch nylon spacer.

#2625 1 year ago

After seeing the reaction to the new Star Wars movie the hate for this game makes sense. Star Wars is a theme with expectations that can not be managed.

It’s one of the favorite games in our collection. Haters gonna hate.

#2671 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So loving my pin, but my left flipper is starting to stick. And this also happened with my STLE. Anyone know how I can fix/diagnose the problem? With my SW Prem being brand new, the coil shouldn't be bad this quick right? Any thoughts or tips greatly appreciated. And if need be, I can take pictures of the flippers underneath the playfield if that helps.

Next time it sticks, turn the game off. If it stays up you have a mechanical issue. If it drops, it’s electrical.

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

If the flipper stays up after the power is shut off tells me that it is not electrical, it points more to an mechanical issue. I just took apart both my flipper mechanisms on the game and cleaned everything out including the plastic coil sleeve inside the solenoid. Everything was really dirty. Sometimes giving everything a good cleaning or replacing the coil sleeve will help a stuck flipper.

Clearly a mechanical issue. Something is binding. You likely have to take apart the flipper and inspect it to find out why it’s causing issues like this.

#2709 1 year ago

I wonder if I will ever get that far!

1 week later
#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Easy install? My GB came with it installed already and my other machines with them aren't spike.

Very easy.

1 week later
#2918 1 year ago

Call Stern. They will certinaly replace the part.

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

So I should call them and not send a email or contact from website?

My experience has shown that’s the way to get fast service.

2 weeks later
#3148 1 year ago

You have to make a green kit shot within 40 seconds I believe to keep the multiplier active.

#3158 1 year ago

Ugh. I would call Stern; that’s not supposed to just break off like that.

1 week later
#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from HugoChinaski:

Hello.
I've been playing this pinball for some time now, and my high score hasn't been beaten for months ( 18 billion before and 28 billion as of today). I'm sure its a great score but I have no idea how good it is, I can't find a leaderboard online. So here's 2 questions : Is there a leaderboard online? And if not, what is the highest score you've seen?
Thank you very much
(sorry for the blurry photo, it's a screenshot for a video I did, and I was so happy i was shaking ahah)

Wow. My highest is around 1 billion. That is an amazing score!

Marc

#3263 1 year ago
Quoted from HugoChinaski:

mschonbrun
Hello. Thank you for answering. I was struggling around a billion for some time, and then i found out a perfect way to go past 10 billion (I've scored over 10b around twenty times)
You pick R2D2, light Endor and Death star missions.
While you finish those missions, you need to complete one hyperspace hurry up and have around 25-30 tie fighters. If you can also star double multipliers its better.
Then you launch the two mission multiballs (endor & death star) While you do them, you should have also the tie fighters and the hyperspace multiballs. With that you can easily finish all those multiballs missions and jackpots, your multiplier will be x20 or x40, so you can do some 4 or 5 billions shots.
You should be between 5 and 20b with just that. Try to repeat with tattoine and hoth missions and you'll be over 20b!
Funny story, today I did 25billion on my first ball, the last 2 were shitty and I climbed to 28b using the "5% score" at the beginning
Good luck !

I think you underestimate what a good player you are That’s awesome—I’m not that skilled, but I do have fun trying!

Marc

#3265 1 year ago

I think my problem is that I know which shots to hit, and I just cannot get the ball to go where I want it to!

4 weeks later
#3729 1 year ago

Put a straight edge across the playfield. Make sure it’s flat. Mine wasn’t and it made the game no fun. Stern made it right but it’s something you need to check.

1 month later
#4313 1 year ago

Let them take the time needed to get the software right. It’s not like Star Wars isn’t very complete and very fun as is right now.

1 week later
#4559 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

The back of my startbutton came loose.Have tried to get it back on but bo luck.Can anyone take a pic of the back of the startbutton so i can see what i'm doing wrong ?
Should be an easy thing but i just can't get it to stay on there.The backside just falls out when i push the startbutton

It’s usually a push and twist of the white assembly that has the switch and bulb.

3 weeks later
#4933 1 year ago

Steve,

That’s a neat idea with the post. I just might try that. Thanks for the idea!

4 weeks later
#5180 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thought about that. Small distributor, but great guy. I’ve been talking to terry at pinballLife. I thought the bigger distors might have it in stock, but they don’t. Terry said he will know price mid next week. I really was hoping to just get it direct from Stern, but no luck. Hopefully this small array of leds isn’t $200.

Why isn’t this being covered under warranty?

#5184 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

According to the book, this wouldn't be covered. The warranty is two months on circuit boards and six months on dmds.

Stern frequently extends warranties when asked. I agree that is what is written, but in practice, they are far more generous.

#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I didn’t think Stern covered much after 3 months...unless they felt like it.

I think you’re right. I’ll contact him before opening my wallet. I thought it might be a $20-$30 part, but it’s looking like a lot more.

I have gotten parts well after warranty. I called and was polite and respectful to Chaz and he helped me out numerous times. Stern, in general, has exceptional support. Good luck.

Marc

#5191 1 year ago

Not just node boards; Stern has always been good with warranties.

1 month later
#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Alright! I bested that guys score a page back. This was epic fun, what a whip this was! How can lining up a hurry up at the Death Star after tie fighter multiball with 40x lit for 1.3 billion get old?! Got two medals and rolled 20 missions deep.
Seriously, this game is terrific. If you have some control skills and can play pin, this game is like no other.[quoted image]

You are an amazing player. I have no idea how you managed to pull that off!

4 months later
#6261 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I added a shaker motor to Star Wars and holy crap it tries to shake itself apart on default settings!
Do people really run it like this in full blast?

I have one and it’s not bad at all, my AFMr is worse. Wonder if your counterweight is just very off balance.

10 months later
#7840 36 days ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Sorry for the total noobie question but is there an easy way to get the balls out prior to lifting the playfield up?
The first time I did it the balls all crashed down and I don’t want to break anything.

Yes - two ways that I use. One is a magnetic wand and reach in the ball trough. The other is to actuate the ball popper by hand. Just pop the pinballs out one at a time until you’re done. I can do it through the coin door easily.

#7859 32 days ago
Quoted from Beez:

Anyone seen the Comic Art Premiums shipping yet or just the Pro?

Yes. Mine came a week ago.

2 weeks later
#8011 12 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a SW comic premium. How are the cabinets on these? My Elvira’s House of Horrors is rock solid and even has a plywood bottom but I heard not all Stern cabinets are made the same. Can anyone give me some reinsurance? Thanks in advance.

My comic premium has the new plywood bottom and reinforced cabinet corners.

#8014 12 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Cool - Is the backglass glass or a translite? Glass would be nice but I can live with it being a translite - just wondering.

Translite.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside