• Pro 133 votes
    27%
  • Premium 200 votes
    41%
  • LE 151 votes
    31%

(484 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,333 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15862287141514596910128509033772 (resized).jpg
15862285704435191586748251977982 (resized).jpg
locations.JPG
screen.JPG
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200402-181102_Photos.jpg
91811174_600444444156733_4430814212469555200_n (resized).jpg
sneak.JPG
image (resized).jpg
20200328_221834 (resized).jpg
20200326_205333209_iOS (resized).jpg
4F3ECC38-F143-4686-83AB-9A405B600707 (resized).jpeg
FAF589FB-9ACC-4EEF-ABDC-4470404396BE (resized).jpeg
Header (resized).png
IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
55F40A81-A368-4201-9DB7-A8E41C777B25 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#425 2 years ago

Congrats to the new owners!

Question - where does SW fall in on ball times and toughness? I don't mean like LOTR is tough to get to Valinor on! Well LOTR plays long and is not tough. SW looks a lot tougher to play than SM and ST for sure. Is it say, Acdc tough? Does it feel nicer because it is SW and has a cool LCD? Like AS to me is not easy but it is light and fun with Jacky and LCD animations so I just play again.

I am in on an LE, but am leaning away ass kicking pins unless they are super fun like AS and have a great theme and cool LCD. Does it piss you off? One more game fun?

Love to hear comments.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In order of shortest ball times to longest:
AC/DC SW SM ST LOTR
AC/DC and SW might be really close. There are some goofy bounces and the game can drain you off made shots like AC/DC too.

Yeah that is what I thought. Do you feel the one more game factor going? I mean not because you are pissed like IM or TWD and Acdc one more game, but is SW a "hey I had a short game! No problem hit start again! Fun!" game? Or are you on edge when you play?
Thanks!

2 weeks later
#721 2 years ago

Have a SW on order and am waiting. There are not any around me to play yet.

Question though - if SW was the baby of two, or even 3, pins which would they be? I heard IM and Got before. Is that accurate?

Thanks!

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yes. I own GOTLE and IMVE and have played a lot of SW Pro. SW is the love child.

That is one sexy baby!

#728 2 years ago

So SW Prem LE could be IM, Got and a mix of Getaway, which I owned for years and loved, thrown in? Oh this could be interesting.

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If there was something wrong with the death star, I don't think Freddy's would have had one.
Anybody who was there actually see the thing work?

I have never seen it work, but let me post how disappointed I am with it.

1 week later
#853 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Allready thinking about dropping out of this club.
I'm to dumb for this game. :-/
Plays great but it really is more for tournament and/ or highscore enthusiasts instead of casual players, I think.

I play for fun also. When I get my games I learn the basics on what to do and learn the rules slowly as I play over time. I look up or ask how to do a certain mode when I can not figure it out myself, like I was not sure how to fight Davey Jones in POTC, so I asked. If I get really bored with a game I will then dig into the rule sheet. When It gets to that point though usually it is time for the game to head out the door.

Sometimes for me when I know tons of rules and strategies before I play a game they can ruin it for me because I find myself playing the game the same way over and over.

When I played a SW Pro yesterday I found out there are a ton of different modes you can start and play as soon as you hit start. Each mode has cool sounds and LCD movie shots on the screen to watch. I did not feel I was walking into the same game over and over. This made the game a lot more fun for me.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thx, you're right of course.
I just never found any game as unaccesible/ rulewise convoluted as this one. XD
(It'll change as I learn to know what I'm doing and Stern puts in some more callouts that tell me what to do!)

Yes. If you own a game don't feel you have to know every rule and strategy before you hit start. You have a lot of time to pick away. Also don't feel you have to score the most points on a game to enjoy it. Who are you competing against?

If you love doing 3 certain modes or starting a certain multiball then play for those. Like if you enjoy hitting the ramp shots play modes that have more ramp shots. Do this even if other modes or multiballs can bring you more points. It is your game and you can play it anyway you want to. Remember you own the game and it does not own you!

Rules will come to you slowly over time. It will be in your home for years so no rush. It is just a pinball game.

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Just wanted to report in from our launch party. Star Wars performed excellently. This was our first pinball event ever at this location (a comic shop) so we had a mix of brand new players and players with previous experience in pinball competition. Many players said this was the first time they had ever played pinball. AND THEY HAD A BLAST! They loved the video clips, the artwork, and especially mashing the action button. To top it all off, our winner (and top seed) of the tournament was one of these brand new players. The location was extremely pleased with the turnout, and wants to have more events around the machine in the future!
Unfortunately, we could not let Chewie enter because Wookies are known to pull pinball machines' legs out of the sockets when they lose.

Looks like there is room for Xmen, SM, IM there also.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm really starting to hate Pinside.

Beelzeboob's distributor just told him his Le number was #801?! Maybe Stern will make one more just for you? Good luck with that.

Sorry Beelzeboob.

#931 2 years ago

Monday LE pick up for me. Let's get these in our gaming areas and play these suckers!

1 week later
#1034 2 years ago

Had 20 pinheads over at my house last night to help me break SW in! I put SW in its own seperate area away from the other games to have more space and let people have the true experience of the sounds and lighting. It had Non stop play and we put in over 100 games on it.

To me get togethers with friends are what pinball is all about! Need to do it again soon!

IMG_4826 (resized).JPG

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

LE 440 is finally setup. Got a couple games in tonight, but I need to get up super early in the morning (stupid job), so tomorrow will be the late night of leveling, updating software, checking out everything in the menus, and playing the crap out of it.
And yes, it's currently in our bedroom, but only because it's permanent home is under construction.

Congrats! My friend and I have LE 437 and 441 here in GA.

What does this mean? Absolutely nothing.

#1106 2 years ago

Oh my 9 year old daughter was into watching me play SWLE this past week and stepped up for her first game. I told her it was fast and was wondering how she would do playing. She was able to hang on it and went ahead and nailed the Hyperspace shot for a Jackpot! She dug that and I did also watching her play and make the tight shot to hit it!

#1125 2 years ago

I may be weird but to me it looks like Yoda is doing a finger hole with one hand and a pointy finger about to enter the hole from the other hand at the end of one of the drain scenes. If you know what I mean.

1 week later
#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Joined as of yesterday. Premium arrived! My very first NIB! And it even fits the theme of my theater room. Love the smell of a new pin!

You have a Supercharger and a Hyperloop?! You are one lucky dog!

#1215 2 years ago

My wife's Sister and her family came up from Baca Raton and are staying with us now. Hope you all down in FL are hunkering down and hanging in there.

#1233 2 years ago

I only had 4 all day.

Good score! Go do it again!

1 week later
#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Unpacked my LE yesterday. Wow this game is fast...
Normally I leave all my games on factory settings but here the outlanes are so brutal I wonder if it wouldn't be better to set them smaller? I'm a quiet careful player who doesn't move the pinball machine left and right to keep a ball into play.
How is yours setup?

Congrats!

I lowered the outlane posts. Play it for a while first though and see how you do?

1 week later
#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Anyone ever get SDTM with a super hard shot to the horshoe Death Star side exiting the right side ?

Side to side leveling fixed that problem for me.

1 week later
#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Go to the "Videos" page, and click on the first video "Final Rounds BoP 2017". There are some Star Wars shots around the 5:30 minute mark. at around the 6:50 mark the Light Sabre duel starts. Looks neat. I didn't watch long enough to see the video mode.

Hmm. Can't find it. All the finals videos I see are :30 long?

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From Stern Facebook 25mins ago...

Thanks! I can't wait to hear folks say how lame it is.

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Where’s the WWE code update !?!? Jk, The SW stuff and improved communication all look great.

Interested to see how it earns on location.

SW not WWE.

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yeah, regardless of your feelings towards it I'd definitely hang onto it for future buyers! Full disclaimer, I think you're crazy to ever sell it. My humble pro is still my most played game even over my shiny new AFM and AC/DC premium

Glad you enjoy it!

My acdc left so I could get SW. Acdc is great for sure and I really enjoyed it for the couple of years I had it, but 3 bad games in a row on it and I would walk. 3 bad games in a row on SW, which happens for sure, I will hit start another dozen times hunting for a billion. I am good not great at pinball, but I have my moments and SW is tough for sure.

AFM is great also. AFM is my favorite BW, but SM is my AFM semi copy cat that I love too. I will own AFM someday.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's tricky balancing getting far in the game and working the multipliers up there. Easier to concentrate on 1 but when you get them both it's great.

At first I saw the multipliers and I did not know what to think?? Now it is fun building the them up and moving them around. I drain a lot when I try to switch them around and think is it a challenging blast!

I also like the Tie Fighter button that drains me also. My fault! Hit start again!

Still need to work on getting far in the game.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I can see how a newbie would be confused on all of the rules on this game.
The more I play it the more I really start to dig into it. Seems like every few games I see something I had not seen before.
I think game 20-30 I started to get it so I really need to read the rules here an on other posts.
Thought I would announce it here first being this thread give SW all the love...formal announcement later this week.
We are running LE side rail EL panels as I sit here typing. They will light up the rails as they should have / could have been from the factory and they are plug in and play. Ultra bright white light and paper thin construction. These will be custom made for the application. The run is limited so if you want in early contact me at hookedonpinball@outlook.com.
No money down as the norm with us and those on the pre release will get free shipping in the USA and discount as we have done in the past target price is under $100.
Will add a second picture in a few weeks when proto arrive fro the rails ...so before:

Second shot just my own balancing of the playfield with simple add on details.

Hmmmmm. Interesting!

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That 40x multiplier is the shot multiplier. There are X inserts scattered over the playfield.
If they are colored red, they are off. If they are green, they are on.
Toggle them on and off with the lockbar button.
If they are off/red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots to different shots. Press lockbar button to turn them green and lock them in
At 2x, three X shots will be lit up. As you increase the multiplier (via the three standup targets below the mini LCD screen), the number of multiplied shots decreases.
So when you get up to 40x, only one X shot will be lit up.

Slot awards. Pops. Like GOT and GB. Once two are the same they lock in until you get the third.

Just reading this makes me think all those folks who decided to post their reviews of SW after having under 10 plays on location were complete agenda driven idiots without a clue!

#1544 2 years ago

Awesome man! Is it like cold up there in MN?

Hey is there new code out for SW?

1 month later
#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

She's here.....looks as a NIB pin should......no problems to be found so far, except the code was at .89. Shipped from Stern Monday, arrived at our local dealer today for my pickup. Manufacture date 10/12/17...

Congrats! Love the MM, LOTR and SW combo.

And stay here for SW info. Don't even bother getting into other threads that mention the pin or Stern in general for that matter. A lot of folks think complaining means you love pinball. I don't believe that.

SW is different and super fun. I can't stop playing it like all my other friends who own it. Love it!

You are in a safe place.

1 week later
#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

STERN just released the accessories for Guardians of the Galaxy... when will we see something for Star Wars?????

Maybe taking a while to go through the back and forth approval with Disney.

1 month later
#2771 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Its funny how little love this game gets from some in the community. My brother has been on me for months saying he wants my Metallica. He isn't big into pinball, used to play back in the day now just wants one for his house. He came by to play a few games and kept going back to Star Wars after playing Met, AFMr and TWD. Said it was the most fun for him out of all of them, he liked the speed, intensity and the amount of things to do. Reminded me how jaded Pinside can get. Steve and Dwight delivered a great, fun, fast game.

I think it was a number of things - Folks wanted to hate on a Stern because of past play field issues, BM code, the rising costs, the greed of the SLE, etc., so stuff was simmering.

SW was not packed with stuff and did not seem super awesome upon reveal and the hate was released. I noticed a lot of folks who never liked stern games anyway came out of the woodwork and felt good by adding more hate for the game. It was like their time to finally speak and vent.

The way the posts went, if you don’t like SW post 20+ times and if you like it post once. I saw a post from a guy who said Stern destroyed pinball. Another guy was non stop about how he hated SW and was like that for months after delivery and then he mentioned in a post he never actuality played it?! It was kind of over the top. Like you had to pick a side or something?? So stupid - it is just pinball folks.

So I think it is hard to eat some crow after and say - “you know what SW is good”, after someone bashed it previously. The tie fighter button, moving the multiplier and blinding speed are totally different and maddening at times, but I love it. All the owners of the game I know really dig their pins.

I was worried with all the negativity but am glad I stayed with my LE. No regrets. None. Hope you all enjoy yours!

2 months later
#3775 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I'm playing around with my new game. I added the following two Hot Wheels 40th anniversary ships to the back. I used a 1/16" aluminum rod with a glue gun. I tilted it away from the back so it would not scratch the artwork. I like it but I am not sure if I am comfortable with it in the game. I realize that the game does not really need anything else but I am buying toys for my toys.
Any comments or criticisms welcome. Thank you. Michael

Look good. I would play with the angles of the ships a little bit. Maybe it would be better to not just see the whole side panel of the tie-fighter and see the front also? Like flying at an angle down the PF?

#3829 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I did it! Finally!! Right after complaining I haven’t done it...BOOM!

Awesome! Takes a while to find the right girl sometimes! Congrats!

#3894 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious about le/premium owners thoughts about the game now after it's been out a long time now? Depth, reliability, durability etc. Considering a premium.

Moving the multipliers and hitting the tie fighter button are simply maddening! At first it frustrated and annoyed me because it made me drain. Now I rise to the challenge and embrace it as part of the fun of the game.

I still mess up my 40x scoring shot a lot because I was one slot off or worse, moved it but did not turn it back on! Doh! I will slap the Tie fighter button like a crazy person and go for a few more hits and drain. Doh! But I never blame the game anymore - my fault. Play again!

So many ways to play. Surprised by how much fun this maddening game is.

#4005 2 years ago

I guess we expected more of a SM type game from SR (I did), but instead we got SW.

It is tough, but I don’t know? I can’t stop playing the darn game over and over! I need to block a half hour aside and play. A couple of hits to the start button is just not enough for me.

#4007 2 years ago

SR has done well for himself. SM and SW are two of my Favs. Got and ST are special also.

The Old man has still got it! Always great to see him at the shows. One of the biggest stars and assets to pinball. The King.

4 weeks later
#4373 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I get the same rush from HS2..serious.

I agree. I had all the balls in HS2 loop and it was awesome. My supercharger was FAST. SW is a more difficult shot up to the loop and the side to side ball movement eating up time puts more pressure on you to have a good go at it.

I Like hitting upper loops on my IMDN like HS2 also.

And I have an SW LE, but pro plays great also. Lots of fun. SW is great.

2 months later
#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I say that line everytime during the LSD startup.

Uhh I say that line every time also. Lol

I did video mode 3 with 40X and got 800,000,000 last night.

1 month later
#5679 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Great summary.
Not sure why this game gets such a bad rap - other than it's obvious lack of toys.

SW can be kind of a faster playing ass beater. May have something to do with it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside