IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think its great distributors might be speaking up and it would be great if we all did with our wallets,

In a way many have spoken with our wallets and have said "no thanks".

The fact that there are LE's still available is not a good sign. This is the number one theme of all time and there should be people lined up to take the place of people who have dropped out of the LE, but that is not the case. People are concerned with quality, lack of features and code. Better to wait and see than to be bitten type mentality. It is sad that it has come to this for new machines but in reality it is probably better to play the machine first before purchasing. It does appear like Stern is hustling last minute to get them out, rushing is never a good formula for success. I am hoping it does not turn into a BM66 situation. I really think Stern needs to give more time allocation for the full development of game titles.

3 weeks later
#609 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I just feel like this guy is going to be more of a competition game than a home game(which is how I play --- at home..for fun..I'm not chasing anyone's scores.

You are not alone. I feel like Star Wars will be good for tournaments and for location but it may get stale quickly in a home environment. I don't pay attention to scoring, I like to just play and try and progress as far as possible. I enjoy getting to or close to wizard mode and it is about the progression and not about scoring. Adding a bunch of multipliers and bonuses does nothing for me. Star Wars modes are very rinse and repeat and they are all so similar that you will be chopping wood in no time. I understand how it could get old quick with a small collection in the home environment. I really enjoy fast flowing games and Star Wars seems to take the cake, but it does not do it for me because of the similar modes and objectives. LOTR feels like you are taking a journey, SW feels like you are just blowing through similar modes and hitting a button thousands of times to kill tie-fighters. Hoping it will grow on me but for now I do not feel like chopping wood.

4 months later
#2223 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I started wondering if they intentionally were holding accessories off until more LEs sold.

What you are forgetting is Stern has sold out of all of their LE's to distributors. Only a handful of distributors still have them. Stern wants to have accessories available as soon as possible to capitalize on potential added sales while Star Wars is in production.

The rumors for delay are licensing issues and Stern's limited staff and support-Intern is doing it.

Anyone else make custom cards for Star Wars. I printed the R2-D2 one and it is good, just wondering if there are others people have done?

Also I would like to try and light up the side rails on my LE with El-paper, does anyone work with El-paper vendor that can do sheets large enough to cover rails? Would be stellar to have them light up like ST LE.

#2225 6 years ago

Star Wars Cards.pngStar Wars Cards.png

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One of the modders has already developed a custom solution. Was in one of the SW threads.

I saw Hooked talked about doing a run but I have not seen anyone with it installed yet? Can someone post a pic if they received Hooked mod. He said he would do them in white, I was actually thinking of doing mine in blue. Any help appreciated

#2239 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

what is the prefered quality paper stock to print?

I use HP ultra gloss photo paper from Best Buy or Walmart

I had a great morning with my son waking up at 6:30 in the morning filled with excitement running straight to the game room to play Star Wars. I am so proud, and this is what pinball is all about (;

GEDC4484.JPGGEDC4484.JPG

#2271 6 years ago

Well I decided to put my SW LE on five ball for now until I learn more with the rules and objectives.(Blowing up the DS is not easy) I am also considering tightening the gap on left outlane. The speed of this game is so fast you really have to concentrate to maintain ball control. I am seriously loving this game! Now if I can just learn control. Control, control, you must learn control!

1 week later
#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

This weekend I worked on our SW Pro a bit by adding a Star Destroyer, two Tie Fighters, and three X-Wings. I think it filled out the playfield nicley and they really look like they are an extension of the back artwork IMHO.

I like the X-Wings where they are they look sharp. I would only do two X-Wings and eliminate the rest, sometimes less is more, it gets to be too busy imo.

#2367 6 years ago

I messaged Hooked and he said he will be announcing a Star Destroyer and Light up side rails mod for LE owners soon. I am waiting to see how they look on people's machines before I pre-order. It should hopefully make the game pop like Star Trek does, looking forward to seeing it in person.

#2442 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe its a typo and you need to copy all 3?

Yes unzip all three folders but do not place them in one group folder copy all of the separate files to a USB. Also make sure you do not have any other files on your USB stick.

I think they said 1.0 code is basically finished code? Nice to have these updates regularly, Star Wars is great and it is on the way to becoming epic!

1 week later
#2588 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Lit LE side armor later today!

Please post pictures, and also how easy it is to install? I am interested, just want to see first. Thanks

#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I have a 9 year old son, and I know that he and his friends have all enjoyed taking turns on the machine

My five year old son loves our LE. I thought it may be too fast and difficult for him, but honestly Star Wars has made him a better player. He is really starting to dial in his skills, I enjoy standing behind him watching him get better and better. His uncle's were blown away by his skills on SW, he is like my mini-me (;

2 weeks later
#2865 6 years ago

I tried to match up the X-Wing Fighter with the two Tie Fighters to reflect the backboard graphics...

GEDC4803.JPGGEDC4803.JPG
GEDC4813.JPGGEDC4813.JPG
GEDC4810.JPGGEDC4810.JPG

#2915 6 years ago

Question for anyone who has installed the spacer kit fix. Did you remove the node boards off playfield entirely or just do while the playfield was up and leave them on? Thanks

3 weeks later
#3192 6 years ago

Bought a light up color changing Death Star on Amazon, might make into a temporary topper until Stern releases theirs? They also have other styles like R2-D2, etc.

GEDC4851.JPGGEDC4851.JPG
GEDC4858.JPGGEDC4858.JPG

GEDC4863.JPGGEDC4863.JPG

4 months later
#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I hope Stern continues to come through for me. Or are there any pinsiders who have other ideas or sources?

Stern has excellent service. I would try calling Chas at 1-800-Kickers and explain your situation. Chas is the man

6 months later
#6294 5 years ago

I still can't get enough SW LE after over a year. Trying out different ways to destroy Death Star has become an obsession. I am going to come out and say it-Destroying the Death Star is one of the best feelings in pinball-next to Final Frontier on STTNG.

1 week later
#6334 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I'm doubting between GOT, MET (which I owned before) or this one.

Theme is big with me and helps me relate to a pin and makes them keepers for me. You have had some good games in your line-up in the past and I think you may like Star Wars. If you owned an Avatar-you really can't care too much about theme (:
GOT is awesome, but does not give me the same excitement and rush as when I am playing SW. Metallica is also epic-but if you already owned it-may try something new? If you do consider SW-I do think the Premium/LE is the way to go. The hyperloop and fork really add to the experience. I highly recommend Star Wars and I highly recommend watching the movies(it helps understanding rules and objectives).

#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

still haven't destroyed the death star though.

Do you guys have it on 5 ball? If not change your settings to five ball, I have never been able to blow up Death Star on three ball.

#6348 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I keep it on 5 ball as well because I always lose 1 or 2 balls on cheap ball launch drains. My only real issue with this game is the launch off the targets and straight down the outlane and there is nothing you can do.

This game is full of risk-reward shots. I have learned to try and slow this game down-it is lightning fast. Like Yoda keeps saying-Control, Control, you must learn Control. Slow it down-cradle a lot and concentrate on shots-especially fork-which can be frustrating.

#6357 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ugh..... Never.

That's funny-I used to be like you when I first got into the hobby(self-proclaimed purist). I had the perception that a game should be set up as close to what people would play at a tournament or event. 3 Ball, wide open lanes, no ball save, no extra balls, basically kick you in the nuts on every game. I then had the realization that I do not give a shit if it set up as "Tournament" style or not. To me I would rather have fun and progress further. Star Wars is a game where(unless you are a really good player) that it is almost mandatory to set up on five ball. The game is so fast and has some cheap drains which can be frustrating when you are trying to progress. So I have it on five ball and out of almost every game played, I get at least two cheap drains-so it evens out. Are all of my games on 5 ball-hell no. I can't imagine LOTR and others on 5 ball-it would be torture. I have also decided to leave my out lanes wide open and I like my games at a slightly aggressive pitch.

Long story short-Guys don't be afraid to change your settings to 5 ball or adjust your out lanes, etc. on this title. Do what YOU have to do to make the game fun to play. Now make those adjustments and destroy that damn Death Star!

#6359 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

feels more like cheating to me

Na not cheating-just avoiding cheap ass drains.

By the way I have my Ghostbusters on 5 ball as well because of the flipper gap and cheap ass drains. Again-do what you have to do to have fun.

#6378 5 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Maybe reach out to your distributor or reach out to stern with the behavior. Chaz has always been good to me with my questions.

Yes call 1-800-Kickers and ask for Chas not Chaz -People keep mis-spelling his name.

2 weeks later
#6472 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Finally defeated the emperor! That was epic! Thanks to all on the strategy, I had to get EFBF first and then go after everything else. That light show is absolutely amazing. As good as killing Smaug only way more tiring.

You guys are making me jelly

#6502 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Thanks guys for your advice and happy to join the club

You will not regret it, SW is a fantastic game that has deep immersive code that ties you into a journey of greatness. The orchestrated sounds and music really add to the enjoyment of this title. The first month it came out I did not see the light. I bashed it and thought the hyperloop was not cool. I then learned the objectives and started to play more and more, and decided the Premium/LE with fork ramp and hyperloop was worth the extra money. SW for me never gets old, I still keep going back to it to push that start button over and over trying to progress further-very addicting. The fork ramp & hyperloop are frustrating and difficult at times, but I do feel it adds substantially to gameplay. The other thing that is enjoyable is watching your guest see the hyperloop for the first time playing Star Wars-they are amazed. It truly is an engineering marvel how it works. Welcome to the club-Now it's time to learn 'Control'.

1 month later
#6935 5 years ago

After watching some guys posting that they made it to Battle the Emperor on three ball-I started thinking I really suck at pinball. I am barely able to blow up the Death Star, let alone complete all of the other modes. I have my machine on five ball and still have my out lanes wide open, but I felt like I would never progress enough to see the wizard mode. So about a month ago during a snow blizzard I decided to take the glass off and see what it is all about. I never have done this before because I like to try and get to the wizard mode on my own merit. Well I was bored and curious-so I did it. The Battle of the Emperor is amazing! I thought the blowing up Death Star was cool, but the Emperor mode is super bad ass. The sounds and lights change over to sound like electricity flowing and the GI's turn blue and highlight plastics that I never noticed before. Out of all the modes-Escape from Hoth seemed like the most difficult one to accomplish. I was worried if I explored the wizard mode with the glass off it might spoil the game for me, but it made me want to try and play better-to actually get there one day. I flippin love this game!

1 week later
#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I feel this game is making me a better player on my other games. This is a good game to have in your collection to help your pinball skills.

The other great thing about having difficult titles in your collection is they never seem to get old. They tend to become keepers because all you want to do is keep hitting that start button-very addicting trying to advance further. Star Wars kicks me in the nuts-and I keep asking for more please.

#7031 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The loop is cool, but not 2k cool.

Sorry but the loop is at least 2k cool-save up cheap ass!

#7035 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ha! I bought in on an ACDC premium years ago. It was cool, but today I like the pro of that game better, too.

I agree I bought a Luci and sold for a Pro, but Star Wars is a different story. I feel it blows the Pro away, just watching people see the hyperloop for the first time, or getting 3 balls on hyperloop going is one of the best feelings in pinball. The hyperloop is an engineering marvel, not to mention all the other extras-well worth it imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.