sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pgorey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9738 3 years ago

Just got a SW Pro for a crazy good deal from a new homeowner where the machine came with the home and they just didn't want it. I can't contain my excitement having this thing in my home. I am a complete newbie regarding pinball ownership but love tinkering and electronics so I feel like the maintenace and mods part will be something I really enjoy. I already fixed the double post as the two posts had become unthreaded a bit and were basically always up a little when activated. Cleaned the balls and glass, did a once over of the playfield above and below. The left tie fighter wing was broken in half and in the parts bag. Has anyone else had this happen and what were the circumstances that shattered the wing? Also, where are the round character and x-wing plastics supposed to go? I love the MF mod that I have seen others do to thier Pros. That will be my first project. Lastly, what is the MF flasher supposed to do when testing flashers. Is that a light output off a board that is available for future mods or should it be doing something from the factory?

#9742 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Flashers and coils will not operate with the coin door opened unless you pull on the white switch near the door hinge.

That doesn't seem to be the way this machine works - when I run through indivudual coils and flashers within the diagnostics, the coin door is wide open for me to operate the menu selections and the flashers and coils seem to work just fine. I just can't see anything happening when the M.F. flasher is activated in diagnostics.

#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Most games have that switch, but some of the newer Sterns do not. They did away with them for a little while and then brought them back. Not a surprise SW doesn't have one. Mine does not. I just checked, and my MF flasher also doesn't do anything. I am guessing it is for the premium/LE Falcon, but not sure (I have a pro). I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you for the quick responses. I have just updated to 1.05. and also have the pro. Hoping to build a MF mod that flashes etc.
This is such a fun machine and I'm just starting to figure out the gameplay.

#9749 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Congrats! I have heard of a few Tie Fighter wings breaking from a bad airball. If you can't glue this one back together to your satisfaction, you can probably get a new one from Stern or Marco (though it looks like Marco is out of stock). The plastics you are asking about are just fun little key fobs Stern usually includes.

After playing a few rounds, I could definitely see an airball breaking the wings. I may just be an inexperienced player but I have had some epic airballs already! Jumped the ramp to the right of deathstar left and onto the outside loop twice.

#9750 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There is a dedicated connector for that flasher on the node board under the playfield. I just updated my pro with a premium MF from Stern. Plug and play and works in the pro code without issue. I have a couple of Premium MF shells-ship only, if you want to experiment with your own setup.

Awesome! I figured there had to be a pre-made MF from Stern. I'll likely go that route for the first one.

#9751 3 years ago

So I thought I fixed the ball lock / dual post under the death star yesterday...the two posts needed tightening from below. Played maybe 20 games after that and then the posts started getting jammed or stuck on the way down, thus never releasing the ball. Opened up the playfield again and the slide action of the ball lock plunger assembly is not smooth at all. Please forgive my newbie question but is there lube or something for this or would this indicate a part replacement is required. Manuan's part reference numbers: 5.21 / 5.22 - 500-1077-00 / 511-9981-00 respectively. Thanks ya'll! Super thankful for this community and space to learn.

IMG_4763 (resized).JPGIMG_4763 (resized).JPG
#9756 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

First make sure the posts aren't jamming in the playfield holes. If the assembly bracket is bent at all, that can happen. I had to bend mine a bit to keep them aligned right. If that isn't the problem, I would take the assembly apart and make sure the coil sleeve is clean and there isn't any dirt in there. Worst case I guess change the coil sleeve (they are cheap and easy), but I would be surprised if it needed it already. My best guess is alignment through the playfield holes. Just gotta get in there and see what is going on. Do not lube. Almost nothing on a pinball machine should ever be lubed (other than gear boxes or a drop on a spinner). Good luck and let us know what you find!

Strangley enough I had pivoted the machine to have more room to slide the glass / playfield out to look at the assembly again but decided to play a game since the ball lock posts were down. Has been playing for 2 hours without issue but I also have not moved the machine back to its' original position in the room - had a level table in both positions so I don't position affected it. Perhaps the power cycle aspect of keeping it off all day helped?

#9757 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Here you go... I am not sure how many of these are out there, but I wouldn't wait a long time to grab one.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/led-lit-millennium-falcon-ship-assembly-for-stern-pinball-machine-511-7887-00/
It is literally plug and play.

Ordered it 10 minutes ago! This is a necessary mod!

#9772 3 years ago

Getting ready to load the new code! I think those features are pretty cool. Pumped to play for a while tonight!

2 weeks later
#9942 3 years ago

Have a question for those that have added the lighted milenium falcon mod to thier SW Pro. It lights up during regular gameplay but on video mode / flying through the asteroid belt it sure would be cool if the leds would light up when you hit the action button for the boose or just light up solid in general. Anyone else want this or has accomplished it with using a different node output?

#9951 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Is yours the official Stern Falcon or a 3rd party? Just asking cuz I'm curious about wiring options.

It's a 3rd Party - Little Shop fo Games. Has a two conductor wire and molex connector that I plugged into the Milenium Falcon flasher output. LED 5/6 on an adjacent board I believe. I'd have to lift up the PF and look again to confirm that plug but it took less than 10 minutes to install. I removed the two nuts / washers from the plastic ramp where the Stern Falcon mounts to. The House of Games version does not come with a mount / standoff but it wasn't an issue. Used both nuts and washers to create my own standoff by threading thee first lock nut and then washer on the bolt post, put that through the back hole of the plastic for mounting and the put the other washer and lock nut on the other side. I am likely going to put a wider washer on both top and bottom so as to keep the MF from putting excessive pressure on such a small point of contact - spread out the pressure if the falcon takes a hard hit from an airball which mine has twice. Even though it mounts flat and not leaning to the right like the Stern version, it still looks great!

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/led-lit-millennium-falcon-ship-assembly-for-stern-pinball-machine-511-7887-00/

Unfortunately looks like it's currently sold out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pgorey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=pgorey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.