IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10153 3 years ago

Does the premium come with a shaker?

#10159 3 years ago

Any cliffys or protectors recommended for a premium?

#10161 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I have shooter lane, and switch slot protectors. He's not done anything more specific for the SW games (of which I'm aware).

Cool so the scoop to the right doesn’t get damaged?

#10171 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yeah sucks because i tried to order one today so the distributor called Stern and they said no plans to run anymore unfortunately. I had a Pro when they first came out so figured to change it up id get a comic version but oh well ill just grab the original.

Seems odd, I assume that means they aren’t making any premiums even original art? Why would they put original art on the line knowing that comic is a better seller?

#10175 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They are running OG art premiums in March. What makes you think comic art sells better? Are you a Stern employee or distro? Do you have any real insight or is this just your opinion?
I for one have been waiting over a year for them to run the regular prems again because I really dislike the comic art. I've ordered mine with a deposit.

It’s just what I’ve gathered/ read. Could be wrong, I like the original art better too.

#10177 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

They are probably out of something game specific for the Comic Premium (playfield, art, plastics - something like that.)

The play field is the same for the comic pro right? So the pro must be going out of production too? That’s the only part that would justify taking a loss on excess parts by not making them. I don’t think stern would let comic playfields sit in storage forever just because they ran out of a $1 plastic.

#10179 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Playfield is different also.

gotcha

#10185 3 years ago

Have the hyperloop mechs proven to be pretty reliable? Any issues with them after 1k+ plays?

#10223 3 years ago

Stupid question, how do I force restart a game? I have the restart setting on but when i hold start nothing happens. Thanks

#10227 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a NIB premium original art

First impression- holy hell this game feels like a complete package.

Any tips for set up? Do most people turn off stacking?

#10235 3 years ago

More early impressions

HOLY THEME INTEGRATION BATMAN

Are you KIDDING me??

How is this game not in the top 10 based on that alone????

The call outs, music, video scenes, is there anything better than this in pinball? I’m blown away

Back to playing

#10237 3 years ago

Late to the party but I can’t believe people shit on the tie fighter because it’s on a spring, the thing has a coil behind it.... it’s a legit nice toy

#10245 3 years ago

I debated going with a comic pro vs my original premium because I thought the comic would hold all of or increase its value... but I intend to keep this game and the hyper loop to me is a must-have feature.

Also to me, in person, the original art is better (especially the premium package). Though comic is wonderful also.

I did notice that the comic versions tend to show dimples in the center of the playfield a lot more than the original versions. I noticed this both in person and going through market ads. I think it’s because the comic art is much lighter (especially in the middle) so it shows/reflects the dimples more.

#10251 3 years ago

Does anyone have an extra pinworld tatooine mod for prem/le? Please send me a PM, thanks

#10264 3 years ago

Honeymoon faze here but Jesus, What a freaking masterpiece layout. The hyperloop jump ramp might be the most satisfying shot I’ve ever hit. There are no cheap rejects from the shot, you just need to have enough juice to make it up there... so good

#10277 3 years ago

Still looking for a pinworld tatooine and or at at mod for premium. Hit me up if you have one.

#10287 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

If you are interested, PinWorlds has posted some of the files for the pop cap and the ion cannon mod for you to print yourself (or have printed by a service). Then for Hoth, you would just need the AT-AT hot wheels toy...
https://www.thingiverse.com/pinworlds/designs
I got lucky and saw a set pop up a few months ago in the marketplace...grabbed it quickly. It is my understanding he doesn't plan on running these again.

Thank you

#10292 3 years ago

Installed these sweet blades and a star destroyer. I have an illuminated one from hooked on pinball coming but I’m kind of loving how this one looks.

0BFC723A-45AD-40BD-A579-A095EAD6C9A4 (resized).jpeg0BFC723A-45AD-40BD-A579-A095EAD6C9A4 (resized).jpeg
#10293 3 years ago

What’s the intended behavior of the ball off the scoop? Mine hits the left flipper but a dead bounce sends it to the right sling

#10295 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Where can those be obtained?

Try pming @twenty84, he might not make them anymore but he had a pair left when I reached out .

#10300 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The illuminated one looks like a hunk of shit.
The star destroyer you have is the nicest of them all.

Have you seen the hooked on pinball one?

#10305 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

File prints fine from Thingiverse. Thanks PinWorld for sharing the file.
[quoted image]

Did you paint that or does it come glossy?

#10310 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What’s the intended behavior of the ball off the scoop? Mine hits the left flipper but a dead bounce sends it to the right sling

Any thoughts on this?

#10317 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I am the process of trading my GOT Pro with topper for a Star Wars Pro that includes a lit Millennium Falcon. In order to keep Star Wars I need to pay an extra $400. Should I go with the deal? The GOT pro has a regular DMD. Amount of plays is the same for both machines. What would be better to keep for trade in value or for sale? Will Star Wars be easier to sell because of theme or GOT Pro because of rarity and not in production anymore? Star Wars definitely has a deeper rule set and more multiballs. Plus, you can’t beat the video clips with the LCD screen. Thoughts?

Life is too short to be worrying about a couple of hundred dollars in resale down the line... got pro will never be worth a significant amount more than today (likely less). You need to factor in the enjoyment value of playing a new and better game in Star Wars. Regardless, the resale value for SW pro will be higher than GoT, at some point the SW license will expire as well.

#10322 3 years ago

Honest thoughts on this x wing over the screen? Trying not to over do it

53F219F0-82B9-4DDF-850E-7527B3F78084 (resized).jpeg53F219F0-82B9-4DDF-850E-7527B3F78084 (resized).jpeg
#10333 3 years ago

I would definitely recommend the hooked on pinball mod. It’s very well done and lights up nicely from the inside. It uses the smaller hallmark destroyer.

130131D1-A463-4BDC-95DF-A461F651186D (resized).jpeg130131D1-A463-4BDC-95DF-A461F651186D (resized).jpeg
#10342 3 years ago

Lol blowing up the Death Star followed by victory multiball is so ridiculously fun

#10363 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

ok. so in order to get victory multiball I have to defeat the mini-wizard with my multiball still going?

Yes

#10366 3 years ago

Right ramp owns my soul

#10382 3 years ago

What causes the fork ramp to be lifted for the mini hyperloop shot that goes straight to the flipper (doesn go around)

#10388 3 years ago

3D printed the pinworld at at pop mount And got the correct model at at on eBay. I like it

485C8121-D518-4ACD-9649-896B3B7523D7 (resized).jpeg485C8121-D518-4ACD-9649-896B3B7523D7 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#10406 3 years ago

Is there a way to disable the Death Star opening up or at least lighting up during a ball search? I love that it’s very hard to see that feature and having it spoiled during a ball search is very annoying.

#10419 3 years ago

I may be wrong but I don’t think you have to turn off stacking, you can chose to stack or play individual modes even when you have stacking enabled.

3 weeks later
#10503 3 years ago

just add some silicone grease and your shaker I’ll stop squeaking. My pinball life shaker started squeaking too... a lite grease did the job.

#10506 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Please don't flame me too hard for suggesting trying to make this difficult game a little bit easier. Please also bear with me as I am not the most proficient person with a set of tools.
Can anyone please help provide steps on adjusting the outlane posts (Pro model)? On the left side I see a Philips screw head that is covered by the ramp. I pulled up part of the ramp and tried turning the screw but all it did was kept turning. Do I need to hold on to the nut on the bottom while turning the screw to get it up? Do I need to remove the entire ramp in order to do this? On the right side I see the post but no screw. Do I just take the nut off from the bottom? Going a step further, is there a particular sized wrench (or other tool I would need) to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance.

Hold the screw with a screw driver while you twist the nut on the bottom. I closed my left outlane post too to reduce some cheap drains, honestly it doesn’t do much and the game is still brutal

2 weeks later
#10576 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Agreed. That right orbit is impossible

Hmmm not to bad for me, what pitch are you at?

#10591 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

According to the app on my phone it’s around 6.7 but I have the level on the game set pretty much perfectly so I understood the level is set to 6.5 degrees.
If I shoot right off the end of the flipper it goes into the tattooine scoop. If I dial it back just a touch I hit the stand up target to the left of the orbit. I can’t seem to find a middle ground

Just go by the app, the level isn’t really reliable. I would go to 6.5 on the app

1 week later
#10620 2 years ago

Man this game is so frustrating but so rewarding when you do finally have a good game.... I'll have entire nights where I can't get anywhere and then other days will put up 3.5 billy on my first game...

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is there one thats interactive with the lane lights though? Ive been looking and only found ones that light off the GIs.

No but the illuminated one from hooked on pinball doesn’t block the top lanes

#10651 2 years ago

So what paths do you guys usually take with the game? I'm trying to avoid using r2/han every time and going for death star/endor right away. What are some cool paths/strategies to take with these or other characters?

2 weeks later
#10773 2 years ago

I don’t know, they seem expensive and how are they more Star Wars than a shiny cone?

8 months later
#11931 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Maybe its the honeymoon fase, but why did the game get so much hate? I absolutely love it.
Got a real nice deal for a comic premium so will be upgrading on friday the guy is a non pinhead and got it for his son, they even put a playfieldprotector in. Will take that out right away..
Is the premium stuff worth it in this pin? Will read all the pages anyway. What a fantastic underrated game!

It’s a very good game but has some major flaws. My biggest complaints are the plunge to no where and the custom music. It’s also brutally hard which doesn’t make a lot of sense for a theme like Star Wars. The rule set and multiplier idea is genius and the best part of the game IMO. It’s definitely a players game and I think most people expected an instantly gratifying world under glass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.