IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbtx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I've run into the oddest glitch. I'm not exactly sure how it's happening, but three times now my pin has gone completely dark with the flippers still working in the middle of playing. The pin will reboot itself after about 30 secs to a minute. All three times I was deep into the game with 4+ billion points. It has never happened to any score less than that. I'm at a loss for what could possibly be causing this.
Edit: It's a prem

It's unfortunate about the glitch, but on the bright side...GREAT SCORES! I certainly won't have to worry about this potential problem anytime in the foreseeable future.

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

check your instant info and it will tell you what completed.

Thank you for posting this. I'd never fully understood how to utilize Instant Info, i.e. didn't read the little yellow card. Up until now I've relied on my wife to be my wing-woman and tell me what to shoot next. My wife and I are having a blast with this game!

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey guys is a shaker a must on his game ? Yay or nay ?

SWLE is my first pin, and I have no plans for a collection, so I wanted the full experience. I installed a shaker on setup and can't imagine not having the mechanical vibrations every time you shoot the Tie Fighter or any of the other events that trigger it. It's not as important as the sound, video, or Hyperloop, but it sure adds to the sensory stimulation. I vote yay.

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Post bookmarked
mittens

ROFL

#1348 6 years ago

I received my LE 3 weeks ago and my wife and I have put 788 games on it. For the past two weeks, my shoulders and neck have been bothering me. Is there condition such as pinball shoulder?

#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't lean on the game. #1 thing I learned when I started playing insane amounts of pinball.

Quoted from SilverballNut:

Exactly. Kills my wrists when I do it by mistake for too long.

LOL, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! chuckwurt Yes, every time I step up to the machine I lean into it. SilverballNut Yes, my wrists burn after extended play.

Never in my life did I think I'd play pinball so much that it hurt. Love it!

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

After only 10 games the moving fork that feeds the death star stopped working. After some diagnosing it was found that the driver board for the fork mechanism was dead. Lucky Aerosmith uses the same board so we were able to steal that one to get Star Wars working again.

See the attached pic for the reason as to why it was no longer working.
Good work on the QC Stern.

Glad you were able to work around the issue. Hard for me to tell from the picture; did the IC heat up and fail or is there a missing component or poor solder?

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Two quick questions:
Where in the heck can I find the manufacture date? And, what are the two rubber plugs on the front side of the backbox at the top?

Quoted from dnapac:

Lower back of your cab should have manufacture date. I think the rubber plugs you are referring to are just bumpers/cushions when you put the backbox down.

The plugs/bumpers also protect the playfield and backbox when the playfield is raised all the way up for service.

#1456 6 years ago

I could use some help from one or more of you seasoned pinball players. A little background...other than a dozen or so games here and there, SWLE is the first pin I've to any great extent in over 40 years (marriage changes priorities). The wife and I are having a blast with it and though we have gotten close, neither one of us have broken a billion or blown up the death star. I'm sure lack of experience is to blame for most of it, but I'm still not understanding the multiplier. Frequently I've gotten the multiplier up to 40x and it's green, but my score never seems to reflect it. I've had 40x on the display, but after the ball ends I'm awarded something less like 5x. Exactly what does the multiplier apply to and when is it applied? Also, is there a "Steve Ritchie Pinball Game Instructions for Dummies" book out there?

BTW, I've read the rule sheet that is posted on another pin website and while it was very helpful, it seems to be written for someone that understands the basics...which we don't. Thanks in advance.

#1459 6 years ago

TheLaw and @chuckwurt, thank you both. Yes, this helps. Pretty straight forward and I was overthinking it.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Without going into great detail and if you don;t want to hit the button and move the arrows around people usually make the middle 3 shots green and leave them there. Death Star, Ramp, Hoth shot.

I think that's an outstanding idea!

#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Some of these later Stern games teeter perilously close to pissing newbs off...

...Or perhaps they're helping newbs (like me) realize they've been missing out on game play that they never imagined was possible.

#1591 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I always choose full and yes, whats the difference anyway?

Most likely, Full replaces all code and Quick replaces only code that has changed/added. The verification step confirms that the code was not corrupted during download or when unzipped.

#1595 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does quick erase audits and high scores ?

Yes

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Has anyone else had more air balls out of the rt hyper loop since the update? I cant remember this many balls going over the down shoot or popping out of the out lane on the first few dozen games.

I'm seeing the same thing. I had about 1000 games prior to V0.92.0 and never had a ball pop out of the hyperloop. With the new code the ball has come out of the loop just past the diverter and hit the glass on a couple of occasions.

2 weeks later
#2003 6 years ago

My wife and I have over 1200 games on our LE and we're both in love with this game. The little lady regularly beats me and I ENJOY IT!!! V0.93.0 has been solid for us (133 games) and unlike my wife I love the video mode. I've read a lot of complaints here and I can't help but think it's a generational thing...I just can't imagine a pinball being any more fun than this.

However, this enjoyment comes at a price...I pity the poor little bastard that shows up Halloween night in a Yoda costume. He won't have a prayer.

3 weeks later
#2163 6 years ago

Is it just me or do game scores seem a little lower with V0.93.0?

#2165 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I keep telling myself that is the case.. and not my game-play..)

Yeah, that crossed my mind as well.

1 month later
#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I have called stern multiple times and have yet to receive the kit that is supposed to fix this problem. Anyone else actually receive the kit?

I ordered a kit through my distributor shortly after it was announced and haven't received it yet. I wish I knew the length of the spacer that Stern sends out so I could make my own.

4 weeks later
#2893 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

When is the post in the center of the Hoth/Deathstar inner loop used? I don't think I have ever seen it come up.

I've wondered the same thing. I've never seen it come up, other than when testing coils.

3 months later
#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Dead Flips flipper code is anyone wants to try it out.
L&R
L-L-L-L R L-L-L-L-L R L R-R

I didn't know pinballs had Easter eggs! How cool is that!

2 weeks later
#4732 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does anyone still feel the pops are needed? True, I've never gone out of my way to try to cash in on some rewards given, so I don't know how lucrative they are, but there game doesn't really ask for it much like GOT.
What say you?

On those games where the ball is a non-stop blur on the playfield, I appreciate the pops because they give me a moment to get my bearings and catch my breath.

1 week later
#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Well I tried it and this fix did not work for me. Maybe someone else will chime in with an alternate fix. Thanks anyways!

My escape arm would hang open occasionally. Beneath the playfield there is a collar on the bottom of the shaft attached to the arm. The collar was too far in on the shaft and was binding on the plastic bushing #2. The fix for me was to loosen screw #9 and move the collar #5 out about 0.020" on the shaft. There was green Locktight on the screw and collar and I had to remove the assembly to make the adjustment, which was pretty simple to remove. To see if this is your problem, check to see if you have any vertical movement on the diverter arm/shaft. It doesn't need to be much, maybe the thickness of a piece of paper, but there should be perceptible play. YMMV

Compact Diverter Assembly (resized).JPGCompact Diverter Assembly (resized).JPG
#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Are they fixing this on newer runs of the premiums?

According to Ritchie, the premium and LE playfields are correct. About 250 pro playfields were produced with the hole that was not needed and the decision was made to use the playfields and fill the hole with a post. Kermit24's post covers it here:

Quoted from kermit24:

Steve Ritchie said it during a Facebook interview.
First hand for you: Its around the 10 minute mark.
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156068154799244/

#4886 5 years ago

The June Stern of the Union Address didn't offer much on Star Wars..."will make a formal announcement once the topper is available."

5 months later
#6085 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Here's my update to the sticky post "Summary of shots needed for modes."

HooChoo, this is amazing work! I don't have the time to play enough to ever figure all of this out, let alone to remember it. I'm going to print it out and stick it on the wall next to the pin with credit to HooChoo!

Quoted from Kobaja:

That's pretty much the main scenario to bring out the true depth of this machine. For me it's the same (Apart from owning a getaway that I keep for nostalgic and never play):
- Home use pin
- Only pin

Like that you actually immerse enough to see what a masterpiece this machine is.

Couldn't agree more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbtx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=nickbtx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.