• Pro 122 votes
    27%
  • Premium 183 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(451 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,154 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CA826B61-4C46-466A-9E23-21B74AE43D2C (resized).jpeg
Emporer2 (resized).PNG
Emporer1 (resized).PNG
SW grand champion (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Fr (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Bk (resized).jpg
2DD46E56-02E8-473F-9D95-4B09C4941CA6 (resized).jpeg
4D0F6CA7-D23C-46A9-984E-D9A2516CDA4C (resized).jpeg
C4F52FE0-8A7D-4597-8BA8-456D1B8BC639 (resized).jpeg
69623AF6-367E-425A-9969-0DEB2F5CAB3C (resized).jpeg
1641E171-5C85-4472-BB8A-FFFF874AE83B (resized).jpeg
073D1A10-7BCE-4F76-AA9C-FFB036BF027B (resized).jpeg
F3BED45A-020D-490E-8BBE-94FAD359C7DC (resized).jpeg
945F71D1-7BBB-44B1-9492-5477CF7BD3CB (resized).jpeg
8D8CE109-9BC9-439F-9F88-954393A5C6A5 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2939 1 year ago

Just pulled the trigger on SW Pro today. Sorry if this has been addressed, but what’s the best method to mount/light the Millennium Falcon? I bought the X-Wing game version.

1 week later
#3080 1 year ago

Just joined the club!

The double post is sticking pretty bad. I checked the coil and bracket. All is well until I screw it back into the playfield, then it binds.

Anyone else with this issue?

image (resized).jpg

#3086 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's a shame especially on a new machine. I have never seen or played a pro, but can you make the holes a little bigger at all without doing any damage?

It’s an issue with the mechanism. Code 1.0 installed.

Basically, the mech is smooth when I pull it from the game. Once installed, it’s too tight to fall once activated. I believe the white plastic retaining bracket is binding the posts. I’ve tried adjusting the screws etc. No love.

I plan to lightly sand the plastic to ‘open it up.’ Reading through the forum, it just sounds like I had some bad luck. Not a big deal, just annoying.

#3088 1 year ago

Well, problem solved. As suspected, the plastic attached to the coil bracket was too restrictive. There was zero play in the mech. Some light whittling, and we’re back in business.

This is the first time I’ve had to whittle a NIB.

21AB1766-A891-4037-AA21-35D466B8AD9D (resized).jpeg

DFCAEA82-E2BD-4721-A117-089135C31BA8 (resized).jpeg

#3090 1 year ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Glad you resolved the issue . What tool did you use to as you say (Whittle) to expand the circumference of circle ? Thank You.

A pocketknife. Not very precise, but I went slow. It did the trick.

#3104 1 year ago

I’m getting crazy airballs. Are there any airball protectors similar to GB? The only one I found does not ship to the US.

https://pu-parts.com/star-wars-sw-anti-airball-plastic

2 weeks later
#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from Alby:

I did the same and must say I'm very happy with the way my SW Pro is looking now.

Where did you get that lockdown bar label? I can’t find it to save my life.

#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

My premium is on its way!! Anyone with a pro want to trade the translites with me? I like the pro better

I can do that. Pm sent.

#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Lit up the X-Wing Millennium Falcon with a short piece of blue EL wire! Looks like the perfect shade of blue!
Now to go mount it in the game!

Awesome. Any links to the EL wire or tips?

1 month later
#3904 1 year ago

Re-watching Star Wars, the game needs to finish the Death Star mode with all GI out and only one shot lit.

Play the music, show the clip on the LCD, and hear Han Solo say, “Alright kid, you’re all clear! Now let’s blow this thing and go home!”

That would be pretty sweet.

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You described much of Destroy the Death Star mode with one shot left. #playbetter

But I’ve blown up the Death Star with Endor! I guess they’re different.

#3915 1 year ago

Yeah, careful with non-Stern shakers. The non-OEM shaker fried 2 GB node boards after a few months.

#3919 1 year ago

I put a pinballlife shaker in Kiss with no problems. There was another shaker in GB when I picked it up, and it fried my boards.

If you’re using other shakers with no problems, awesome. I won’t ever use another non-OEM shaker, however. It’s worth the extra few bucks to be covered with the warranty.

1 month later
#4616 1 year ago

I selected 2 missions, hit the button to fast forward through the tutorial, and the flippers died. V1.03. The ball came back to play though.

#4622 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, button skips videos? Never knew that! I'd been using the flippers to do it (without issue)

I meant the flipper buttons. I haven’t tried the center button to skip through the mode video.

#4625 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think they are talking aboot mode video not video mode
The video that plays explaining the modes objectives.

Yes.

I’ve injected enough confusion for today. I’ll see myself out.

1 month later
#5083 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Any of you guys have an issue with the Death Star double posts binding? I noticed mine wasn’t working properly when hoth and death star were lit. Raised it up and the three screws appeared loose. I tightened them and that was a mistake...complete binding, so I spent 2 hrs adjusting them to make sure it was free, but the mechanism moves. Is this normal? Thanks

Check my posts in this thread. My double post was binding and I shaved some plastic from the connector. Works great now.

1 week later
#5132 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Well how much less is my game worth now ?

That’s awesome! What breed of dog?

3 weeks later
#5389 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

What do you think? Which color looks better?

I have the same acrylics, but it may remove them. I love the bigger speaker light setup on the LCD games, but I think the acrylics look a little out of place. Plus, the way they’re attached is likewise kind of ‘off.’

I may go with the Mezelmods grill attachments or just stick with the factory.

#5392 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Really? I honestly thought the high gloss black Empire symbols fit right in... I agree with others, the white/blue looks best.

I guess I’m in the minority. I’m normally a big fan of speaker acrylics and lights (have them on all my games). It’s not the actual design, but the way it’s mounted.

I couldn’t come up with a better way to mount. I guess the new speaker design doesn’t lend itself to acrylics (in my opinion).

1 week later
#5445 1 year ago

Still loving the deep, mode based gameplay.

My only gripe is the lack of custom animations during modes. For instance, during Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, etc. the screen defaults to inside the X-Wing until you make a shot.

Having a speeder race in Endor? You’re in space.

Trying to take down an AT-AT? You’re in space.

If the code defaulted to a mode specific screen in between shots, I think the immersion would be much better.

For instance, change the screen to a rushing forest on the speeder bike during Endor, inside the snowspeeder during Hoth, and inside the landspeeder during Tatooine.

Leave the X-Wing screen during Death Star.

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is the default screen really space while you’re in those modes on Endor, Tatooine, and hoth?

Yeah. Once you hit a mode shot, the display shows a clip from the applicable movie.

My point is that the default screen in between shots would be more awesome-o if you were in a snowspeeder, land speeder, etc.

1 month later
#5789 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The topper is now in the final final approval phase.

Finally!

1 month later
#5972 1 year ago

^^ Real? Was this taken at expo?

If so, on behalf of SW owners everywhere, FINALLY!!!!!!!

1 month later
#6041 11 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Got 16B on factory but with modes not stacked. Is that good?

The common consensus is that 17B is a good score.

2 months later
#6380 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone install the air all protector for sale on the Mezel website? One piece extending from 3 bank below lcd across to the tie fighter and ramp. I’ve already replaced one tie fighter from an air ball that took a wing off, replacement is $75.

I installed the airball protector. Took me a little while because you have to perform minor surgery. Definitely helps and worth the purchase.

#6383 9 months ago

I had crazy airballs when the game was new. It seemed to have calmed down a bit, but the airball protector definitely helped.

It’s not nearly as bad as GB, but still noticeable.

3 weeks later
#6517 8 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Was playing some SW last night. This is such a great pin, we all know that. Adrenalin, brutality, breadth of code, strategy, it has it all. I do think the factory settings are a little too easy, however - i.e too much multiball, and too many extra balls. That said, if anyone feels the same, here’s my current settings for the game - i love the balance of brutality, fun, Adrenalin, and risk/reward:
1. Factory outlanes
2. Max EB’s: 1
3. EB from missions: Turned off
4. EB from tie fighters: 100
5. Hyperspace multiball: Extra Hard
6. Victory multiball ball saver: 5 secs
7. Video mode: 15 secs
8. Mission stacking: Default on (off with planet multiballs)
That said, in hope’s that Dwight is reading this (or someone at stern) here’s a great idea for the video mode:
+ The higher your multiplier is, the faster the video mode becomes. So a 40x video mode would be amaze balls intense. It would definitely help with the balance of 1bil video modes.
Or another idea
+ The longer you hold down the left or right buttons, your multiplier will slowly increase - like its being energized. So you can take a 2x video mode and make it 10x in like 5 secs or so. Then the draw back would be anytime you’re hit by an asteroid, your multiplier decreases.
Final last random thought:
My favorite character to play is Luke; what’s all yours favorite?

I go back and forth on characters to play modes I usually don’t see. My default character is usually Han or R2D2 based on the number of modes already lit.

Everything in the software is default... I need those EBs!

If I plow through the modes, I usually find myself needing EFBF or LSD. My latest strategy is to knock those out early if I can.

I rediscovered this game after toying with selling. There are like 12 normal game modes, 4 movie based multiballs, Hyperspace multiball, Tie Fighter multiball, multiple mini-modes, and of course the wizard mode.

SW has a ton to offer despite a relatively barren playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 218.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside