IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm embarrassed I have to ask this.. but is there a hyperspace multiball on the pro? I'm horrible at hitting the death star, especially under pressure. I have gotten it, but I don't think more than once in a game. I thought the ball was supposed to lock like in Avatar? Does that happen after a certain number of hurryups or a different event?

Yes, it is on the Pro and is exactly as you described. Should start Multiball after the 2nd hurry up is completed. Make sure to always light your inlanes and outlanes which lights the right ramp yellow. This should start the hurry-up.

My strategy is to start game with R2 and light death star with plunge. Then loop left endor ramp until it is lit for a mode also completing inlanes to qualify hurryup. Then I hit right ramp to starr hyperspace hurryup and try to hit Death star to collect hurry up and start two modes.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can you start hurry ups while in a mode?

Yes you can. You can start hyperspace mb or tie fighter mb while in mode play too.

It's a good idea to go for the drops right away in mb too because if you knock them down twice it lights the lockdown button orange for an add a ball. Without the add a ball the mb times are short.

Jedi mb seems to be the only mode that you can't stack with anything. You can still collect and use add a ball though. It also doesn't end when you are in single ball play.- pretty sure the mode starts as a single ball which you can turn into a mb.

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Sounds like another next level SR/DS rule set and those that dog it just don't understand so instead of learning they just trash it lol. Can't wait to try my luck on an LE; hoping I have a better experience than the pro.

Yep. If you like GOT rules and strategy you're going to love Star Wars. I think people will start changing their tune on this game once they get a good chance to play it and the code becomes more complete.

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Do you still have a desire to play since crushing it?

Yes. Jedi Multiball was such a cool mode that I want to get back to experience it again! It sucks that I didn't have anyone with me at the time to explain what was happening on the LCD when I was playing. I was just focusing on making my shots and trying not to choke. It's also tough because the GI goes completely dark during the mode besides the blue shots that you have to make. It's really intense! Ideally I'd like to watch someone else make it there so I can really take in what's going on. The other thing with my game is that I wasn't concentrating on score at all (my goal was just to make Jedi Multiball as efficiently as possible) so there is still a lot more I can be doing as far as trying to maximize my scoring potential and focusing on moving the multipliers more. I'm starting to figure out a little bit about modes and what stacks good with what but there is still a lot more to learn. The game just has a lot of inherit strategy and I am just starting to uncover it. I really think it's a fantastic game and I could see myself buying one down the road, even with having several to choose from to play on route. Maybe once IFPA puts it in their STERN rewards program for a good price!

3 weeks later
#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Must have been Boba fett as I already had 130 or so Tie Fighters. We looked in the instant info and it wasn't real clear but we also don't know what code it was on. How would you light Boba fett at that point? Nothing was lit to be shot. Sorry for the newbie questions. Only have about 10 or so games on this and trying to figure it out.

It's either Boba Fett or Jedi Master rank. For me it is almost always Jedi Master which is the last thing to accomplish before starting Jedi Multiball.-Most likely it is because it isn't something I typically shoot for during the course of a game.

8 months later
#4761 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is destroying the death Star satisfying on the pro?

I've destroyed it a handful of times on the Pro and Everytime it's a rush and really fun to complete! I don't think you need the physical element. The display and sounds are good enough. -it also helps when the sound is turned up like it is where I play on route!

1 week later
#4893 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's my mini review and NIB SW Pro experience.
First, sterns got their shit down. I don't care what pinside says, the setup on my GOT, IMDN, & SW spike games have been EASY. Only issue I had was the left sling coil wouldn't fire - it was stuck, freed it up and all is good.
So I get the game setup, updated, and ready to play....and it's slow as F*ck!?!? I Got it at 6.9-7.0 deg and it feels floaty and slow. What's going on? Maybe my level is broken or something. So I pitch it up to 7.1-7.2 deg, slightly better but still slow. I thought this game is supposed to be fast right? Then it hit me; I just got a shipment of Ball Baron Ninja balls in. I cleaned them as instructed last night but have not played a single game with them in any of my games - currently have them in IMDN too but didn't get to play last night. So, I swap em out of SW and put the Marco standards back in. Holy shit its night & freakin' day! The ninja's are shiny as shit but I don't know what it is about them, but they don't play right. I'll be taking them out of IMDN too and sticking to the Marco's from now on.
OK; so now I can play this game how it's meant. Fast and furious and I love it! Don't know what the hell I was doing in my first 10 games but I stuck to the same method; play Luke, focus on Death Star or Hoth missions. After finally understanding what to do in the 3 Death Star missions I can say I am having a great time. This game is obviously about understanding the rules and what all the lights and symbols mean. There's these ice blue arrows that pop up all the time, and while I don't know wtf they do, when I started ignoring them I started progressing better through the game. Really having a good time and the game is fun. There is a lot to explore. That's all I got for now; but I did get a chance to destroy the Death Star and played the Hoth multiball too and got 100+ tie fighters all in the same game and that felt goooo-oood.
At first I was skeptical but this game is giving me a good rush. So far so good gents!

Congrats! Glad setup went well and that your game is issue free. What did you think of Destroying the Deathstar on the Pro? I've always felt it was awesome. Is going with Luke a good strat now? I haven't played SW for a few revisions but tend to go with R2 most often because of the wider multiplier spread and the ability to get through the death star modes quickly. Han is my second choice but maybe they brought up Luke's value now? I'm hoping to play some on route tomorrow as Its been a while!

3 years later
#12361 1 year ago

I'm a new member of the club with a Pro and absolutely love the game! It's so fast and the I love the sounds and theme integration with mode stacking off.

I do have a question. Does anyone know where I could buy the clear flat plastic ramp covers that keep the ball from going airborne (2 on each ramp)? One of the previous owners glued a bunch of ships to them and I prefer having a cleaner look. The glue residue is pretty much melted into the plastic. I would think that since they are just clear and don't have any copyright material on them they would be easy to reproduce. I could even send scans for anyone with a laser cutter. Thanks!

#12363 1 year ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but it's what I installed on my pro: https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector

Thanks. That's different from what I was looking for but I'll keep it in mind if I get airballs on those shots.

These are what I'm looking for. I know I can get them if I order the full plastic set, but I probably don't need them that badly. I may reach out to a distributor and see if it's possible to just order the clear plastic portion of the set from Stern.

SWclearplastics (resized).pngSWclearplastics (resized).png
#12368 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Just picked up a comic pro this week. Have a couple of questions to owners.
1. What are must have mods for a Pro? I am looking at picking up a shaker. Is it integrated well?
2. Anyone have issues with occasional left spinner and two way gate rejects?
3. On your game, where does the ball end up after a right scoop eject? Mine is just hitting the tip of the left flipper. I am always letting it bounce off at this point.
4. Why do the out lanes hate me so much?!
Thanks.

External Polk sub would be my #1 recommended mod. Shaker, mirror blades, and mini screen bezel would be my other 3 suggestions.

I would try changing the power of your scoop eject. Mine hits my left flipper.

1 month later
#12454 1 year ago

A few years back I remember some discussion around a Leia strategy in the game where you could make a large number of points with just a handful of shots at the start of a game. Does anyone have more info on this? Thanks!

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

The more missions a character has in a planet, the more points you get for manually unlocking that planet. And multipliers do work while unlocking planets but only for the first 2 of the 3 shots for that planet.
Leia has the most missions in planets that can be unlocked via the easier shots such as Endor and Hoth, that's why more often than not she scores the most points in the very early game.
This might be the post you're after:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/144#post-4992978
I think most info in that post is still accurate. The only thing I noticed is that even choosing to auto unlock a mission prior to plunging will also net you points.

Thanks. I think that is the info I was looking for. I did a search and found where I originally heard about the strategy from Joe LeMire on Head2Head Podcast
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/04/22/episode-89-hobbits-leprechauns-and-zombies-oh-my/ Starting at 42:40

Basically you start the game as Leia and select "Light Tatooine" or something else besides lighting Hoth, DeathStar or Endor modes. Set your Multipliers on the big 3 shots (death star, endor, hoth) and then hit each shot 3 times to light the mode but don't start them. You should end up with at least 500 million points from the 9 shots because of how her multipliers work for simply lighting the modes.

1 month later
#12619 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Amazes me that people will drop $200 on a mod without batting an eye, but then bend over backwards to save $200 on a IC kit. SILLYness

I think it comes down to perceived value. I don't see $200 worth of value in an IC kit. But if I can achieve the same results with $15 in parts then it seems worth it to me.

#12624 1 year ago
Quoted from Boosted:

I'm pleased to let you know I got my Star Wars code 1.10 upgraded to IC 1.21 code and Home Team working without installing the scanner as suggested possible by some users on the IC thread.
You'll need;
1. Another machines scanner or simply borrow a mates scanner.
2. Ethernet cable.
3. USB stick to upgrade code.
3. micro SD card min 16Gb to be permanently installed.
4. USB powered WiFi stick to be permanently installed. (unless you are using a hard wired network)
Many have mentioned different brands of USB stick however I found an old one I had used in the past and it worked fine. I assume most USB powered WiFi sticks will work. I tired it in my Mando before installing and had no problems.
These steps may be overly simplistic for some users here and some steps may have been omitted as they were self explanatory.
1. Download the new code onto the USB stick into the root directory.
2. Follow Stern's instructions to update machine code. (machine off / insert USB stick into main board / machine on / follow prompts). Quick update worked fine.
3. Once the code is updated turn the machine off and insert micro SD card into the small board on top of the main board under the heat sink.
4. Remove code update USB stick and insert USB powered WiFi stick.
5. Connect scanner into the main board bus port (If you have a topper you can use that port, otherwise there should be one spare port at the bottom of the
main board available. (out of the three mine was the middle one)
6. Turn on the machine and it will boot and automatically format the micro SD card.
7. Once the card is formatted the IC menu will present. At this point setup the network connection via the OSD network menu.
(you may need to enter network WiFi password)
8. If successful the machine will prompt correct connection to Stern IC.
9. Register the game to IC by scanning your QR code linked to your account
(This is the only time the scanner is needed unless you still have to setup your home members).
10. Go to your online IC account and accept the registration of the new IC machine.
11. Setup Home Team as per Stern's instructions and scan in your team member's QR codes.
(This step can be omitted if you already have a game linked to the same IC account and Home Team already setup - It will be done automatically by the machine)
12. Turn machine off and remove bus (network) cable and scanner.
13. Turn machine on and enjoy.
I found the game was updating data online almost instantaneously with various achievements and score.
Well done Stern - this is a great feature for home users and saves me some cash for my next pinball purchase

Thanks for the write-up. I used these instructions to get both my Star Wars and JP on Insider Connect Home team. This is the perfect setup for home. No red and white stickers, QR codes or lights on the apron. Stealth mode FTW.

1 month later
#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey guys, need some opinions! Thinking about joining the club! Right now I got a GZ Pro and a Mando Pro. Will sell the Mando, because I only have space for 2 pins. Now I have to decide between a JP-Pro and a StarWars-Pro. I love both themes, but the theme of StarWars much more to be honest. Played both on location, just for about 10 games each (next JP is about 2hours drive, next SW about 3hours in different directions), so I can´t drive there to play them again and again.
What do you guys think is the better pin and why? Especially for a long term? And with a GZ-Pro next to it.
Thank you guys! (And yes, I will post the same on the JP-Thread for comparison)
Chris

I have a Godzilla Pro, Star Wars Pro, and JP Premium and if I had to drop down to 2 games it would be JP and SW. But I think SW and GZ is a better combo than GZ and JP. I really like how fast and loose SW Pro plays. In your situation I would get the SW and if you get sick if Godzilla trade it out for a JP.

2 months later
#13326 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

I mean the game at #49 is under rated but the pro at a 7.6 is criminally underrated

I play my Star Wars Pro more than my Godzilla. It's a top 5 Stern for me.

#13349 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

considering swapping my GZ pro for a SW premium. GZ is my only machine and was NIB, SW has a few thousand plays on it. I love the GZ play, but the star wars theme means more to me, plus I love Steve's flow and the speed of SW. Little worried it will be too intimidating for the family though, who is just getting into godzilla (I've only had it three months). Anyone want to talk me out of it?

I think that's a good trade. If you ignore the moving multipliers and get rid of mode stacking on SW I don't think it would be too intimidating for your family. It does have faster gameplay than GZ and shorter ball times but my kids still enjoy playing my SW Pro about the same as my GZ Pro.

1 week later
#13431 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is required to get Jedi Master? I don't think I've done that.
I've beaten Boba Fett. Always start sweating when I have to hit that left orbit. Hard to find that shot.

You need to move up the ranks by hitting the "Jedi Training" stand-up targets. On characters like Luke you can spot these by hitting the skill-shot.

2 weeks later
#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I still can’t figure this game out.
I’ll play a game and complete all the planets and complete the multiballs and sometimes I’ll get a victory Multiball. But after that I don’t know what to do. I end up just hitting anything that blinks until I eventually drain.
What are you supposed to do after you complete the planets????

http://tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-stern-rulesheet/2812

1 week later
#13633 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Been back and forth about what to do about (since I can't let it go). I know I would fuck up the decals which are $300 whenever they become available. So I could pay someone which means looking at closer to $500-$600 total. Then I risk scratching it even more moving it back and forth. I have settled on buying a new one and selling this one. Yes, I am well aware that's ridiculous...

I wouldn't sweat it... just throw it in between two other games so that you don't see it if it bothers you. It's commercial amusement equipment, not an art piece. I have machines from different eras with all different types of battle scars. It gives the game character and most people won't even notice or care.

#13635 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Oh I have a whole room full of games with scars. But they all came that way. SW was my 1st NIB game. I felt physically ill seeing the scratch...I really don't think I can live with it.

It does suck and I've felt the same way. My TWDLE has a wear spot on the powdercoat by the left flipper button from wearing a wedding ring when playing (now i make sure to take it off when playing). Really pissed me off when I first saw it since it was my first LE game and it now has a blemish. I could send it out to get fixed but I don't really care about it any longer. It's really a minor thing and I can't let my OCD ruin my enjoyment of the hobby.

2 weeks later
#13788 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

I’ve been able to backhand the death star shot from my left flipper on my premium. But I have never gotten it into the hyperspace loop doing that. It always goes up then rolls back down and sometimes isn’t powerful enough to make it up the ramp. Mine has done this since day one brand new. I did adjust the wire form up a little bit but that’s also because one of my plastics was getting bent due to the wire form contacting a post in the plastic just to the side of the fork ramp. My coil power settings are all the same from factory and never changed.
So I can make the Death Star shot from the left flipper with the forks down but can’t make the hyperspace shot (forks up). I can make either shot from the right flipper but only on a slow roll, not a cradle.
In my opinion, adjusting flipper angle or placement is not a standard adjustment.

This has been my experience as well on the Premium/LE with stock flippers. Has anyone tried this with those new Precision Flippers yet? those seem to have different characteristics from stock and may be worth trying.

6 months later
#14397 8 months ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2018 build pro. Guy says the lcd screen is not working. Anyone have experience with this ? Is it likely that it’s a simple fix or will I
Most likely have to replace the screen ?

The lcd on the playfield or on the backbox? Could be as simple as re-seating cables or could be something bigger like a bad display or board issue.

#14399 8 months ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

It’s the playfield LCD screen. The seller sent me these photos of the node board. [quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like you'll need a new node board at a minimum. There could be a bigger underlying issue which could cause any new node boards to blow. I probably wouldn't risk buying a game with this issue unless you are getting a significant discount on the game. SW games are plentiful so it should be easy to find another one. Stern is even planning another run in early 2024.

2 months later
#14563 5 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement plastic for the pop bumper cap under where the AT-AT is without buying a full plastic set? My pin came with a bunch of mods I'd like to sell off, but I don't have anything to put under that AT-AT if I sell it (had to back out of a deal when I realized that). I'm normally all for mods but there are a few that are... a bit much on this one.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

That's annoying. When I bought my Pro someone had glued a bunch of figures on top of the clear plastics on my game which ruined the plastics. I ended up ripping that crap off and had one of the mod makers make me some new clear plastics so that I could go back to stock.

I'm fine if people want to mod their games but please make them easily reversible for future buyers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.