• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 185 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(455 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,185 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg
A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg
D04065B9-1FE0-454F-8A93-CB088F9ED797 (resized).jpeg
E7179E2F-04B1-4154-8362-B7BA84F0C548 (resized).jpeg
AAADBB3A-913F-4A8A-8785-DF0944D271D0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider micky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Now that it has finally been announced, who is in for what models?

I'm possibly in for a premium.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I think I like the premium art over le ATM. Waiting on better pics.

Unfortunately we will have to wait until 6 June for some hi res pics but I'm liking the premium art over the pro at the moment.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I'm leaning towards premium which is a step up for me. I'm normally a pro buyer
However I think I'm taking the plunge on AS pro first.

I'm always a pro buyer also but the premium art looks great so far. Will have to wait for the hi res pics etc though, but i dont mind waiting for a premium.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Funny to see all the : I'm in , I get a LE, premium for me,
Let's not be so hasty throwing money at them.
Let's see how it's build first.

That's one of the joys of being interested in a premium....they are usually made last, so you get to see all the videos etc and even play a LE to see if you like it.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looking forward to the official Stern releases - feature matrix & video, but at the moment the premium looks like the one I would go for and add my own EL side rails.

What were you thinking of for your side rails...art wise?

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was mainly asking so I can design something to dress up the lockbar button, seems odd as all previous Stern releases, at least the ones I can I can think of, have had a nice metal laser cut plate mounted around the button.
Hoping its just prototype/rendered photos we have seen so far, but the photo with Steve stood in front of the LE and Pro don't show any signs of a laser cut plate, only a minor niggle and simple enough to rectify/produce but its these little details that make a massive difference and at current prices its not something that should be missing.

I would be interested if it turns out stern has cut this small detail out.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

No I don't think so. Looks like a typical SR pro... stripped to shit. There is no toy that I can see on the pro.

It's a real missed opportunity as i think with the size of this IP, it should have so much more on it. I'm usually a pro buyer, but this pin is missing so much on the pro model.

#146 2 years ago

All you lucky Americans will know all the details at a decent time in the morning...us Australians will be awake at 1 am tonight!

https://twitter.com/Samuel_IGN/status/871946186034266112

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Yup and if its 10pm in NZ then either 8pm Queensland or 6pm Perth. I'm guessing 8am PT is 10pm NZ?
Oh bugger, just checked, 8am PT is 3am in Nz. Be watching it tomorrow then.

You had me double checking the time and trying to work out if i screwed it up.

#192 2 years ago

I'm very much in on a premium at the moment just want to see some decent game play footage!

On a not so good note we have had another price rise here in Australia too. Only having the one distributor here is never a good thing.

#250 2 years ago

Nice!

#252 2 years ago

Bring on some gameplay footage!

1 week later
#261 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm interested in that too. As many here believe, I think the Le really needs a couple more features for the price. The translite mod and a shaker would go a long way in creating a better value at Le price.

Light up side rails would have been another good feature that i believe should have been on this one. Like on Star Trek.

#336 2 years ago

So now that we have finally seem some gameplay footage, what machine is everyone buying?

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Picked up my pro yesterday at a Pintastic. Clear coat is awesome, just as nice as my Aerosmith pro. No issues at all out if the box.
Hooked up an external powered sub which adds a lot of depth to the sound. Still getting used to the game but it's a blast, very fast and addictive. My 13 year old son played all night last night and he's really not a pinball fan.
The 3 bank targets under the LCD screen really don't like me - at all.
I know a lot of people had mentioned how stripped down the game looks initially (as did I), so I thought I would post a pic of the under side of the PF next to AS pro for comparison.

Quoted from Butch2099:

Joined the club today!
Game is super fast. Total impulse buy at Pintastic.
Got the last show NIB from Cointaker. They're the best!

That's great guys! I was hoping some of you guys in the USA would start getting them this week and give us your opinions on how they play etc.
We have to wait until the end of July here in Australia for our first ones.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

We joined the SW Club!

Looks nice. I'm starting to like the pro art the more i see it.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone make any custom cards for the game yet? If not, I'll make some and share them.

Yes please....i hate those yellow stern ones with a passion!

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Happens fairly regularly on my Aerosmith LE. I think its an underlying Spike 2 thing.

That really sucks. Hopefully they can fix it as a mate has got an Aerosmith and a Star Wars coming soon.
I'm not keen to have problems like that ruining new machines playability.

1 week later
#715 2 years ago

Looks like the first container of SW Pros for Australia has been pushed back to September now.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't you guys usually get Pros first (before the US even)? Wonder what happened.

I have been told it is a problem with the shipping company. The container left on time but they have now delayed it somehow.

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't know whether he's trolling but he keeps saying there's something wrong with the Death Star and then disappearing when people ask for details or a source.

Definitely trying to troll....he is pretty bad at it but a troll for sure.

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

I will never tell my source and i got the info about a month ago and i shared it then and like now i was "full of shit" a "troll" and so on. From now i aint sharing anymore intel here. Fact, there is still no LE on the market.

You obviously don't know what your talking about. The LEs always come later.
Stern always makes a batch of overseas Pro model machines first, for places like Australia, then american Pros,then they start on the LE.

#787 2 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

made some cards:

They look great...thanks!

1 week later
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Just got my LE # 75 setup - and played it for the first time - so far so good! The hyperspeed loop is pretty intense...
I wish BM66 had all the audio and video completeness that SW has...

Bout time there were some LE unboxings!
What are your thoughts so far?

1 week later
#991 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It is believed to be a topper yes.

Shouldn't be too much longer until they reveal it.
I'm hoping they knock it out of the park like the GOT topper and we don't just end up with something that is like R2D2 on the Data East Starwars.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will sit atop the game. Haha.

Ahahahah i laughed too much at this comment....thanks. I needed a good laugh today.

2 weeks later
#1176 2 years ago

Hopefully the Australian LEs will be arriving next week and heading out to all of us! The count down is on!

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I installed Mezel Mods' speaker grills yesterday. Diggin' 'em.

They look a bit weird to me.
Maybe they look a lot better in person.

1 week later
#1335 2 years ago

A mates LE waiting at the depot for delivery today.

20170922_082428 (resized).jpg

#1355 2 years ago

Yesterday i was excited to finally get my hands on a Star Wars LE to finally play it and make my own opinion.

After only 10 games the moving fork that feeds the death star stopped working. After some diagnosing it was found that the driver board for the fork mechanism was dead. Lucky Aerosmith uses the same board so we were able to steal that one to get Star Wars working again.

See the attached pic for the reason as to why it was no longer working.
Good work on the QC Stern.

20170923_160512 (resized).jpg

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

Glad you were able to work around the issue. Hard for me to tell from the picture; did the IC heat up and fail or is there a missing component or poor solder?

The green on the chip is corrosion.

Quoted from Manic:

Jeez is that corrosion all around the chip?

Yeah it is. Hard to believe a new machine can have so much on one board.

Quoted from docquest:

You sure that board didnt come out of a Ghostbusters? Looks like it got slimed.

2 months later
#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not a fan of any toy that blocks the inlanes...particularly the two ships closest to the flippers. Less is more.

This is my opinion too. I don't like big toys that are just plonked on the playfield. Each to their own though.

3 weeks later
#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

He's got a screw loose.....

Don't we all?!

1 month later
#3083 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just joined the club!
The double post is sticking pretty bad. I checked the coil and bracket. All is well until I screw it back into the playfield, then it binds.
Anyone else with this issue?

That's a shame especially on a new machine. I have never seen or played a pro, but can you make the holes a little bigger at all without doing any damage?

1 week later
#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from Rschuetter:

Ugh...just by raising the playfield I knocked the rj45 connector off of the node 11 board on the back of the playfield on my Premium. I believe it is part number 520-6998-72.
Any thoughts on fixing this? Don’t even see this part number out there.

Quoted from pintechev:

Ugh. I would call Stern; that’s not supposed to just break off like that.

That's not cool at all.....it definitely shouldn't have happened. I would be contacting Stern as my first option and saying exactly what happened and the damage done.

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from the_one:

Are there any news when we will see the official R2D2 Topper?

Nope. No news yet. Everytime Stern is asked on facebook they just say they are working on Star Wars accessories.

1 month later
#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Just curious to know if the code is finalised and finished?. Or still more to come?
Cheers!

Maybe a couple of bug fix code updates will come yet, but i think it is pretty well done now.

#3868 1 year ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I like the mystery slowdown.... Gives me time to drink my beer.

This man has his priorities in order!

#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I just wanted to share my experience with the Stern light saber side rail upgrades. I really love the LE side rails and tried to get some with no luck. Instead I ordered the Stern light saber side rails and installed them. Two problems were apparent right away. First was the backing was not held down well enough which caused shadows in the cut out area especially along the blade portion. Second problem was the handle portion of the cutout area used such fine lines that you basically could not see the saber's handle shape unless the room was well lit and you were looking directly straight on so you could see the white backing.
The first problem was an easy fix. I removed the rails and taped the backing down along the entire length in a way that is not visible from the front and reinstalled the rails. The second problem still remained a head scratcher. I did some quick research on putting in some EL backlighting, but that led to dead ends and I wasn't sure it would fix the problem anyway. Long story short I decided to hand paint some outlines on the handles. Not being an artist, I simply got a fine white paint pen and simply/carefully ran it along all of the edges in the cut out areas representing the light saber handles. This worked awesome and was done in about ten minutes per side. Now even in low light you can actually tell its a light saber and it looks infinitely better from all angles. The handles stand out now in any light with just that little added paint.
I attached some pictures below. The camera on my Samsung phone is so darn good in low light it was hard to get a good "before" pictures because the camera made it look better than it actually looked to the eye. You can still get the idea.
In the end I am now really happy with these. It still would be cool if someone would create a light kit though.

Nice work man.
That looks a hell of a lot better.
I would honestly expect a lot better from Stern but that doesn't seem to happen at the moment.

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The game is already plenty bright, so pinstadium are not even a thought for me on this game. I'm also getting really tired of mirror blades. I admit they look good on some games, but the newness is gone for me and most games I see them on now simply don't look good. I prefer art blades, but they have to be really good ones. For this game I'm considering these:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-sideblades/

I think the same as you. Mirror blades are ok but i really like to ADD something extra to a game instead of just reflecting everything that is already there. That's why i love putting in art blades now. Adds to the feel and the look of the machine provided you pick the right ones.

2 months later
#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I can whip one of these up for ya...#49 of 80 right??

800 were made.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider micky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside