IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3652 6 years ago

I just received my Star Wars Premium and Ghostbusters Premium (but still in the box). It looks beautiful. I have enjoyed one game on it so far and have a lot to learn. I am surprised there is no coin door high power cut off switch. Since I repair pinballs, I dread when I am working on a machine without one. I just need to remember not to do anything stupid (which I have done before). The clear plastic on the left ramp was cracked at the right screw. Sent the info to Stern Tech support and expect they will send a replacement. The game will reside in the "Steve Ritchie" section of my game room (Spider-Man is to the left out of the photo). The game was built 10/6/2017 with 1.0 code so I will need to update the code.

IMG_1867 (resized).jpgIMG_1867 (resized).jpg

IMG_1868 (resized).jpgIMG_1868 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3771 6 years ago

I'm playing around with my new game. I added the following two Hot Wheels 40th anniversary ships to the back. I used a 1/16" aluminum rod with a glue gun. I tilted it away from the back so it would not scratch the artwork. I like it but I am not sure if I am comfortable with it in the game. I realize that the game does not really need anything else but I am buying toys for my toys.

Any comments or criticisms welcome. Thank you. Michael

IMG_1961 (resized).jpgIMG_1961 (resized).jpg

#3776 6 years ago

I redid the two ships in the back. I originally used a 1/16" hollow aluminum rod and a glue gun. The ships shook like jelly. I bought 3/32" solid aluminum rods and they work much better. The ships feel like they are solidly in place. I added the Star Destroyer to the right of the small display and Darth Vader's ship to the right of the ramp at the entrance.

For those interested. I tried to find the Hot Wheels ships for Star Wars Episodes IV, V, and VI at the local stores. Everything was for the new movies. I was able to find a set of 12 40th Anniversary Disney Star Wars Hot Wheels on Amazon for $25. This includes two sets of 6 ships (Millennium Falcon, X Wing Fighter, Y Wing Fighter, Tie Fighter, Darth Vader Tie, and Star Destroyer). Local Stores (Walmart, Target) were selling the Hot Wheels for about $5.00 each. So this was a much better price and I received ships that were correct for the movies.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079G5L8DB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02

IMG_1972 (resized).jpgIMG_1972 (resized).jpg
IMG_1973 (resized).jpgIMG_1973 (resized).jpg
IMG_1974 (resized).jpgIMG_1974 (resized).jpg

#3778 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Ok, you kind of lost me with the tiny star destroyer. Ick. I thought the x-wing and tie fighter were good and like that you made them movie accurate.

The video showed the Star Destroyer. Since everything can come off or moved easily, I am playing around with the game. Although I should simply be playing the game more....

#3780 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Since you’re asking opinion, I’d move the star destroyer to the upper left, near the Death Star. It would be guarding the Death Star from the attack from the millennium falcon. Man, I feel like a geek playing with my Star Wars toys.

Thank you. I will move it around and see how it looks.

This was just a way to get comfortable with adding my own stuff to a game rather than buying a mod (which I also do too much of). I mistakenly thought crazy glue would work. From experience, I can tell you it doesn't and it does not dry. (I should have known.) I was able to clean up the two ships and try again with the hollow 1/16" aluminum rod and glue gun. That worked ok but did not feel secure. It was great that the glue solidly held the rod to the ship but I was still able to easily pry it apart with no damage to try again with the solid 3/32" aluminum rod.

Now off to play my new Star Wars (and Ghostbusters) and hopefully someday my Houdini will arrive...

1 year later
#8171 4 years ago

I just added the topper (#91 - video of initial set up on Star Wars Topper discussion). I played a game and noticed that the clear plastic protector behind the Death star finally broke at the lower right nut. When I purchased the game, it was cracking. Stern sent me a new protector which was great. Now that it actually broke, I will install it. I have not read through all the posts. Is there any protector (yeah, i know for a protector) or method to better protect the area around the nut from cracking and breaking? Maybe rubber washers under the protector or something?

IMG_3998 (resized).jpegIMG_3998 (resized).jpeg
#8174 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

On another note...where did you get the tubing to mount the x wing fighter and how is it installed?

Some people use piano wire. I bought some wire from Home Depot that was no where as strong and hard to bend as piano wire but bent nicely and kept its shape. I do not remember exactly but you can see what they have. There was an existing hole for the base that the Hot Wheels came with. I used a pick to dig into the ship a little deeper. I stuck the wire straight into the ship and bent the wire at 90 degree angle (to provide more surface area for the glue) and used a glue gun to place a nice hidden wad of glue nicely spread out.

My plan was to try to screw in a screw when it came off and bend the wire in a loop. But it has not fallen apart in almost 2 years.

#8180 4 years ago

Hyper loop multiball. If you can keep getting balls up into the hyper loop ramp, you could get all 6 in play. I have not got more than 3 yet....

1 year later
#10320 3 years ago

Adding a disclaimer NOT TO DO THIS. I don't think I can delete this. As I was told below, I could have loosened enough screws to lift up the metal guide high enough to slide the protector underneath it. I tried but I guess I didn't try hard enough and just "assumed' that the prongs into the wood were longer than they were. So I will get another from Cliff the next time I place an order and do this the right way. So use this as an example of what not to do. At least the replacement is only $6 or so.

I was putting the rest of my Cliffy protectors on a few weeks ago and realized the right side of the plunger would need to have the entire right metal guide would have to come up to get the protector in.

I carefully cut the two left holes and filed down. I was able to remove the lower screw from the guide and loosen the one above. I slid in the protector from the right side and pushed it towards the back of the game so the prongs are in the lower part of the hole surrounded by metal. I added the screws back into the guide. It seems to work well.

I’ll watch the shooter lane to ensure the protector doesn’t move or start to dig into the wood. It looks solid but I realize I voided any and all explicit or implicit warranties with Cliff.

B216C6D0-D409-49B5-8CAA-C41D550FCC70 (resized).jpegB216C6D0-D409-49B5-8CAA-C41D550FCC70 (resized).jpeg6A988508-B351-4ED8-BB02-49ACF9C65023 (resized).jpeg6A988508-B351-4ED8-BB02-49ACF9C65023 (resized).jpegAD387708-4C68-4796-B95F-1C5EF8DD4637 (resized).jpegAD387708-4C68-4796-B95F-1C5EF8DD4637 (resized).jpeg

#10323 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Sorry my friend but that was a mistake. All you had to do was loosen the side rail and slide it under. The front screws needed removed but the back just need to be losen enough too allow clearance.

I couldn't lift it up high enough to get the protector in. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. I took out a few of the screws I guess I just didn't lift it high enough to see that I could slide it under. Thanks for telling me.

No matter, I told Cliff that I would most likely order another one soon when I place my next order with him.

#10336 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Clean your lens, bro!

This reminds me of the lens glare that JJ Abrams added to the Star Trek movies.

#10345 3 years ago

I just received and installed this in my game from @YouBentMyWookie

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

They look really nice in person.

IMG_8963 (resized).jpegIMG_8963 (resized).jpegIMG_8965 (resized).jpegIMG_8965 (resized).jpegIMG_8961 (resized).jpegIMG_8961 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=mbelofsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.