Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 6 years ago

How do you know what Star Wars PRO has before seeing the feature matrix? All we have is low res images without any explanation.
Tomorrow we should know more.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even Star Trek pro has a fairly interactive toy with the ship, magnet, kicker, and drop target combination.
Star Wars pro like you said doesn't even have one toy that interacts with the ball. This may be the most stripped down pro yet...even more so then GOT pro which is already fairly bare yet at least has a physical ball lock, kicker, small moving dragon and the battering ram.
Will consider a premium but really hope there's more to the game then what's been shown.

#203 6 years ago

Look back a few postings. You'll see all 16 RGB controlled lamps in the clear UPPER ARROWS in the lanes.

Quoted from J85M:

Surprised no one is taking more about the games lighting
"16 RGB LED's throughout the playfield and front lockdown molding", taking the one out of the lockbar that's 15 on the playfield, but where are they? Doesn't appear to be any RGB inserts.
Feature matrix states "5 RGB LED's mounted inside Exploding Death Star", so that leaves 10!?
Then there is part I found the most interesting "Dramatic zoned red, white and blue general illumination LED's under plastics" so I guess the 10 RGB LEDs are all GI? But wouldn't that mean the zoned lighting could be more than just red, white and blue!?
Really interested in seeing the lighting revealed and shown in action!

#208 6 years ago

Here is a video of how they turn on different strings of GI bulbs in XMEN. Simple but effective and just 3 colors, but its really adds to the immersion. Since this will be similar to how Star Wars GI will look I think this post is on topic

Quoted from J85M:

Thanks guys this thread is adding new posts so fast it's easy to miss things here and there.
phbooms how did the GI work on XmenLE I have only ever played a pro.

1 month later
#453 6 years ago

Nice thanks for the video!

2 weeks later
#764 6 years ago

Probably EXPORT LEs. Did you notice if they had single coin slots or dual coin slots on the coin door? Single slots go overseas.

Quoted from ita47:

LE's, I didn't see any premium cabinets. Obviously the playfields are the same.

2 weeks later
#973 6 years ago

What is the purpose of the hyperspeed loop? Is it just an effect with the balls looping leading up to the destruction of the death star? Is there some imagery behind it?

2 weeks later
#1181 6 years ago

Yep, 3 people will think its aggravating and keep feeding money while 7 people will get pissed off and refuse to play the game. I'd adjust it for sure if you care about the cash box.

Quoted from oyvindmo:

LE #785 arrived in Trondheim, Norway today, and is already out on location trying to pay for itself
We got some early feedback from one of our regulars, who noted that the Mystery kick-out often feeds the ball SDTM. "It's extremely aggravating, but I cannot stop playing..." I guess we should tune the kick-out strength, but at least game times aren't too long as it is now...

3 weeks later
#1473 6 years ago

These are standard in the framework that the programmers start with. They usually don't change anything as they aren't coded. Years ago (LOTR, WPT, etc) they were coded eventually during the gamecode cycle. I don't think the programmers have enough time anymore to code the extras.

Quoted from pudealee:

I haven't seen any answers to this - does anybody know what the Home and Director's Cut presets are?

#1500 6 years ago

From the screenshots, it looks like the asteroid mode will offer steering your ship and pressing the action button to boost. No shooting stuff....

Quoted from ChipScott:

Lightsaber Duel looked pretty awesome on that BoP video! The picture from Facebook of the Video Mode is a screen shot showing "Level 1" ...I wonder what the other levels may hold? ...I'd assume dodging more asteroids. I hope they have a level that uses the action button to fire/shoot at stuff, tie fighters, etc. That would be really cool. I'm excited that the newer code seems close!

3 months later
#2906 6 years ago

Directors cut is in most Stern games, just a copy from the previous title and usually doesn't do anything.
Back in the day Stern used to program other cuts like the Directors cut but the last one I know for sure is enabled is Lord of the Rings.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Uh..try it and let us know.

1 month later
#3345 6 years ago

I think he means the scoop.

3 weeks later
#3683 6 years ago

Did you talk to Mike at FF? I have his sub/woofers in my games and they sound good. I removed the dial thing since it sounded better to me without it.
I don't have any spike games so maybe there is a different configuration for spike. Give him a ring.

Quoted from PlayPin:

I would like to add a subwoofer to S.W.P. I don't see any for sale at pinnovator, just a kit to hook you own box? I don't want a sub on the floor, just a better woofer in the bottom of the cabinet. I ordered a kit for my S.T. from flipper fidelity which I don't like at all. The bass drowned out all voices & call outs so that I could not make them out. I put the original speakers back into the speaker panel and left the sub in the lower which helped a lot. It still does not sound right though and I am going back to 100% stock on S.T. and feel I wasted $150 plus shipping now. Is there any good kits that produce clear and balanced sound for these Stern games? Of course all these games need more bass but not at the expense of losing clear voice call-outs, etc. Any help advice really appreciated!

#3709 6 years ago

If you don't ask Mike for help on configuring your game you have only yourself to blame if you are not satisfied. There is something wrong in the hookup if you have muddy/muffled sound. I have the same speaker system in 2 SAM games (TRON and XMEN) and they sound much better than stock.

Quoted from PlayPin:

I did not talk with Mike. I guess I should call him. The game I tried the F.F. kit in was Stern Star Trek which is a SAM. I don't think I can try this kit it Star Wars because it is a Spike game. Not to mention I put speaker light kits in Star Wars so the F.F. speakers would be too deep to fit the speaker panel.

The kit I bought was from Flipper Fidelity. I think the sound was very muffled & muddy(lots of bass). Its better just using the sub and leaving stock speakers in the top but its still muddy and the bass is over powering the games vocals & call-outs.

Since the kit I bought was SAM I can't try it on Star Wars. I don't think I am willing to buy anything else from FF. It does seem like S.W. would be much more likely to work since the game has tone controls. Especially since they added even more sound control with 1.01. I guess I will call FF and see what I they say. I assumed most people happy with their kits sound are listening to mostly music on a game like AC/DC or something. I wanted uprade sound systems for my Tron and Star Trek(as well as Star Wars). Since Tron & Star Trek have no tone control I am extra concerned about whether I will be able to get a kit with "balanced sound". The F.F. SAM kit for my Star Trek had too much bass from the upgraded speaker panel to hear vocals and I can't turn it down. I am sure this will be true for Tron as well.

1 month later
#4205 5 years ago

Why did a software fix on IMDN fix the PBL shakers slamtilt? No mention in the new IMDN code release that the cap kit was necessary.

Quoted from ita47:

Thanks for posting, I have a Pinball Life shaker in mine as well, but no issues I am aware of. I will have to check on this.

4 weeks later
#4696 5 years ago

You might want to add the little PWM controller board so you can fine tune the shaker motor. Cheap, easy to install in 5 minutes and 100% control of the shaker power.

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN%C2%AE-Motor-Control-Switch-Controller/dp/B00UURDBQ8

Quoted from jints56:

I had to turn off my shaker in Star Wars. I’ve tried 3 different ones (all Stern OEM) and they all shake too much for my liking. It’s the only game I’ve ever had to do this in. Anyone else have a shaker in SW and think it’s too much?

#4703 5 years ago

The settings in the rom setup do nothing for controlling the intensity of the shake. They control the number of events that shake.
If you want to calm down the shaker, install a PWM controller.

Quoted from Psw757:

My thoughts as well

4 months later
#5973 5 years ago

is that a base the R2 is sitting in? He looks 1/2 size.

#5977 5 years ago

When was R2 in the cockpit in the first 3 movies (ep4,5,6)?

Quoted from Sinestro:

I assume it's like he's in the cockpit.

#5980 5 years ago

wow I am way behind my Star Wars trivia. Thanks for the correction! Carry on Stern

3 months later
#6414 5 years ago

Correct. the settings for shakers on Sterns are for how often the game calls the shaker. it has nothing to do with the shaking effect. If its violent on max its violent on low. Is this an aftermarket shaker or a Stern shaker? Too bad the PWM controllers can't be used with spike that would be perfect.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I tried low setting and it was better but, I think it just effects how often the shaker gets triggered, not the strength of it. I mainly get the strong intensified shaker effect during the video mode more than anything, even at low. Maybe some anti rattle tape will help on the glass and backbox?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.