IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lemansfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10416 3 years ago

I’ve paid for my Comic Art Pro and it’s sitting at the local distributor until the wife and I close on and move into our new house. Haven’t had a whole lot of playing time, but the wife and I both like the theme, the buttery flowy goodness of the ramps, and the artwork.

I’ve been reading up on the game some and the rules seem a bit intimidating and complex. I’m a better than average player, but not a tournament player by any stretch. Question then is this, if I just play the damn thing and try to pay attention, how long should it take to get a grasp of the rules and the intricacies of multipliers and the like?

3 weeks later
#10504 3 years ago

Please don't flame me too hard for suggesting trying to make this difficult game a little bit easier. Please also bear with me as I am not the most proficient person with a set of tools.

Can anyone please help provide steps on adjusting the outlane posts (Pro model)? On the left side I see a Philips screw head that is covered by the ramp. I pulled up part of the ramp and tried turning the screw but all it did was kept turning. Do I need to hold on to the nut on the bottom while turning the screw to get it up? Do I need to remove the entire ramp in order to do this? On the right side I see the post but no screw. Do I just take the nut off from the bottom? Going a step further, is there a particular sized wrench (or other tool I would need) to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

#10513 3 years ago

Awesome! Did you add a Star destroyer to your playfield? Looks good, got a link to it?

#10524 3 years ago

Just got my Comic Art Pro a couple weeks ago now. Loving the machine. Had the pitch a bit above 7 at the start and while I loved the speed, I had too many instances of the ball hitting the glass at really violent speeds, so toned it down to the proper 6.5. It's still a quick game, but feels quite slower now.

Question about multiballs. There are six balls in the game, in what instances are there ever all six balls in play at the same time? So far I've only seen three at a time. And my other game I'm used to (Sopranos) has an add-a-ball where you just hit a shot (fish mouth) and so long as it's lit you get another ball for multi ball. How does add-a-ball work on this game?

1 month later
#10680 2 years ago
Quoted from Second2Noone:

Hello. I thought I’d ask all the “long term pinball experts” on here a quick personal opinion question to see if most feel the same way? I’ve wanted to buy a brand new in the box SW Premium and was simply waiting for Stern to resume production, which already appears late but hopefully will occur any day now? However, I just came across someone who has a NIB SW Premium right now! So, I’m assuming that it must be from Stern’s last production run on them (whenever that was)? My question: is there any benefit to waiting to get one from a new production run or batch that is done years later? I know they don’t make any changes to the physical playfield and other changes are handled with software code updates. But, are there sometimes revisions to the actual parts, electronics, or something else that most of the time you don’t even see that still makes it worth waiting on that new batch? Thanks in advance for your reply.

I’d guess it will be exactly like the last run.

I’ve had two NIB Sterns in the past year and haven’t had any issues with quality control FWIW. Just hurry up and buy the damn thing, the game is amazing! (And I only have a Pro)

1 week later
#10727 2 years ago

My Hoth ball lock posts aren’t coming up. As in I light Hoth and hit the right loop over and over and it makes no attempt to stop the ball. Is this (hopefully) an easy fix?

#10734 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

First thing you need to do is to track down which switch is not registering. The gate switch or the optos at the back of the loop.
Pull the glass, pop a ball, go into switch test mode and move the ball with your hand through that loop. Watch the screen to see which switch was (or was not) triggered. (They are 35, 36 and 37 on the Pro manual)
If you don't know how to do any of this, check back in and we can guide you through it.

Thank you for the advice. I did the test and all switches registered, seems maybe I was just having a glitch last night as I shot through the right loop several times without the post coming up, all seems to be good now!

#10737 2 years ago

And that’s what’s most important, the kids being happy!

Gotta get the next generation hooked as well.

The outlane drains annoy me too, but I’m just leaving things as is. I don’t have any kids, so the only one that gets frustrated is me, and the Mrs. sometimes.

#10811 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone have a manual or access to part numbers? I want to order an extra sheet of decals for stand-up targets and drops. Thanks! ** SW Pro **

Looked through my manual and these are the only mentions of decals I could find.

67D72B51-83A9-4098-8D30-0D2517CC5105 (resized).jpeg67D72B51-83A9-4098-8D30-0D2517CC5105 (resized).jpegA0686032-8B10-445B-8379-2D506F3C71D6 (resized).jpegA0686032-8B10-445B-8379-2D506F3C71D6 (resized).jpegAEA6654E-882B-48A4-B274-094E18AADA6F (resized).jpegAEA6654E-882B-48A4-B274-094E18AADA6F (resized).jpeg
#10812 2 years ago

I lied, there is this too:
Maybe playfield decals is what you’re after?

37148AE7-F52F-43C4-A4C1-8918F0C28DAF (resized).jpeg37148AE7-F52F-43C4-A4C1-8918F0C28DAF (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10925 2 years ago

My only SDTM grievance is that on occasion (maybe ¼ of the time) when I hit the left orbit and it activates the hyper loop, it'll go all the way around the top and SDTM. At blinding speeds.

3 weeks later
#11051 2 years ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

What games do you consider difficult that have been released in the last 5 years? I like difficult games.

My Led Zeppelin regularly kicks my ass. I’d qualify it as difficult.

#11053 2 years ago

Lots of questions guys...sorry..
4. Sometimes when moving my multiplier during a cut scene (mode start) the sound cuts out from the scene. Is that the intended effect of pressing action button or flipper during a cut scene?
[quoted image]

Mind does that too. I think it’s from hitting the action button.

1 week later
#11114 2 years ago

My loop area on my Pro is p*ssing me off.

If Hoth or Death Star gets lit the metal post in the back of the loop area keeps popping up, blocking the ability to stop a ball where it should get stopped to start the mission (hope this makes sense). Why is this happening? How do I fix this?

4 weeks later
#11253 2 years ago

Several of mine were coming loose too. I used this. Zero problems since. Awesome stuff!
Edit...dammit. Just so you know I am talking about the transfer tape and not Broke Back Mountain! I hate my brother...
[quoted image]

Your brother. Sure…

#11254 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Can anyone explain to me how the BONUS MULTIPLIER works? Not the regular multiplier, but BONUS multiplier? It's often one of the traits you can choose at the beginning of each ball (3x Bonus Multiplier) but I don't know what that score comes from.

Pretty sure it multiplies your bonus at the end. You know, when Yoda reminds you how bad you are at pinball.

#11258 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, simple as that
than ticktockman you get these multipliers by collecting upper lanes above the bumpers (like in lot of pins), but you can add more as you've said by chosing this as skillshot (in fact, this can be very lucrative if you had a bonus held running with a great bonus the ball before)

Yes, it can be very lucrative! I had a game a while back where I had a super high bonus that was held so I selected the bonus at the start of the next ball, ended up with my Bonus Champion score of 1,239,863,680 (just on the bonus!).

2 months later
#11476 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Here's hoping. Just joined the club with a sweet HUO pro.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I love my comic book pro!

#11507 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Nothing lacking on my pro it’s kick as fast and enjoy the non rotating upper playfield with single flipper! It’s like playing with one hand tied behind your back. Very challenging .

Uh... are you referring to Mandalorian???

#11535 2 years ago

What is Midnight Madness???

7 months later
#12292 1 year ago

Ordered a shaker motor for my incoming Godzilla. Figured I would try it out on the Star Wars first. Let me just say that I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Thought it could be utilized much, much better. Is it just me?

1 week later
#12377 1 year ago
Quoted from MitchMitchell:

I wish this were true, the plane didn't hit the mountain raither it shot above to the stratosphere. Im working my way through this thread from the beginning as I just put money down on a Prem that cost me $8,900 which is literally the LE price you guys paid for the same game. Now the secondary market is higher than msrp instead of at a discount.
Of course you know all this, you live in the future like I do right now; but this is crazy its literally the same game.
Your prices were (according to IGN release article), Prem 7,899 and LE 8,999.

Actually wasn’t it $7400 for a premium upon release? Or $7600?

2 months later
#12562 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

This has happened to me a few times already, I have escape lit, the ball goes down the right outlane, a new ball is launched and goes back down the right outlane while escape is still blinking, and it's end of ball. I would think the blinking escape insert would indicate a short ball save but this doesn't seem to be the case. I searched through the menu's and didn't see anything for the escape right outlane. Am I missing something here?

I’d guess that’s probably happened to all of us unfortunately.

4 weeks later
#12672 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Potential owner here looking for opinions. Looks like my spot is coming up on the latest run but i haven’t had a chance to play it yet and I’ve heard it can be really punishing for casual players?
The theme is huge for our family and would normally be a must have
Feel free to message privately if you don’t want to clutter the thread

Seeing that you have a JP in your collection, JP is a much more difficult game than SW. SW is faster because it’s a Richie game, and the outlines are hungry, but if you set the game up right and give it some decent ball save time it should be more forgiving to a casual player than JP (IMHO). I have both games (pros) myself.

For example, my 60 something year old mom who isn’t particularly good at pinball but does enjoy playing seems to play better on SW than any of my other games. I attribute it to the fact that a lot of SW play is just reactionary since the ball is usually flying around at a quick pace.

1 month later
#12902 1 year ago

As someone who has all three, SW, JP and GZ, I agree with what was said before. Godzilla is the ultimate game of the three, that one isn’t going anywhere and is automatically one of the two, so as you say, the choice is between SW and JP. If you’re looking for variety I’d go GZ and SW. Because of the design JP and GZ are just too similar with one another. And honestly, since I got my GZ I hardly ever play JP, and if I was forced this very moment to get rid of anyone of my games it would be JP just because it’s so similar yet so inferior to GZ. Again, my opinion, but it’s shared with at least one other person (person with the Grateful Dead avatar, don’t remember the name).
Or just hop a flight and come over and play mine to decide….

1 month later
#13129 1 year ago

In the pro vs. premium/LE argument... I know it's something super trivial but I don't see it mentioned much.

Besides personally not seeing the value in the extra $2k for the hyper loop and exploding Death Star, one of the minor things that I preferred about the pro was that there were the nice stickers that tied into the playfield artwork on the plastic ramps. I just never see those stickers getting enough love.

2 months later
#13704 1 year ago

So…. is there a code update???
Because I had my game on while playing another game, and all of the sudden it just started doing a code update…

CBA15264-3E53-4AED-BCD6-B9E3CE2E240A (resized).jpegCBA15264-3E53-4AED-BCD6-B9E3CE2E240A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lemansfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=lemansfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.