• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 187 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(457 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,188 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

37C9DD08-8E2B-4C02-B2AD-BFDBEE011B13 (resized).jpeg
6986343A-DFCF-4A59-9773-BE86462A52E3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg
A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktownhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2975 1 year ago

Hi all,

I just picked up Star Wars Pro as my first pinball machine and I love it so far! I feel it is a great home machine due to all of the different ways you can branch out in the modes and as different characters.

I just have a question that is probably silly, but I can't figure out what the little plastic pieces that came with the machine are for? A couple of them are replacements for parts on the table, but there are some others that aren't currently on the table and I can't determine if I'm supposed to mount them somewhere? There's an X-Wing and then a bunch of round ones with the Empire/Rebel symbols and a few others. Are these supposed to go somewhere in the game or are they meant to go on the key rings or something?

#2983 1 year ago

I ordered the X-Wing series Millenium Falcon and an X-Wing. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to mount these?

#3082 1 year ago

I know this is a real newbie question but could I bother someone to explain to me what the difference between "Competition Player", "Competition Mode" and "Tournament Mode" are?

#3091 1 year ago

So, I just wanted to throw this out there but I got my Star Wars Pro from the Homesense store (outlet for Home Goods). My wife randomly came across it, brand new (but out of box) in their store advertised as an LE for $4999. Signed up for their card for 10% off and bought it for $4499. I later learned that it wasn't the LE edition (after I brought it home) so I called their corporate office and got a $500 gift card for the issue. So, all in all, I came away with the Pro model for a cool $4k. I'd imagine that the one in my store isn't the only one they bought, so if you have one of these stores around you might want to just check for the heck of it. They seemed to indicate that they pick these sorts of things up at auctions.

#3093 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sweet deal! Never heard of Homesense or Home Goods, is that a nationwide chain?

I believe so, they are part of the same company that owns TJ Max. So weird to have found it there but I'm glad we did!

#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

What am I missing here? I am a die hard star wars collector with a lifesize hansolo in my living room as well as tens of thousands of dollars worth of star wars stuff. I played this star wars pro machine at the pinball museum in vegas... holy crap is this the most barren/ boring looking game ever? Seeing all the John Borg machines next to this made it stand out even more. Guardians pro, Kiss pro, Aerosmith pro all looked amazing compared to this. And Star wars is the superior IP..
What an absolute let down. I really wish they would have let John do something similar to what was done on the kiss machine
especially since he did the original D.E machine. what a bummmer. lame
Is this any better on the LE/ Premium?

Looks can be deceiving. I'd urge you, as a SW fan, to give the game a bit more time and learn the rules. It's amazing. In particular, I think it makes a great home machine due to the depth of the rules and endless appeal to guests. Maybe it's not chock-full of toys, but It's deep, fast, smooth and the light shows integrated with the clips can be quite amazing. I'm sure the hyperloop is cool, but is it $2,000 cool? I doubt it. It's easy to throw a couple extra toys on a Pro if you want.

I'm not discouraging the Premium/LE, but if you don't want to pay that much don't let th Pro deter you. It's fundamentally the same game.

2 weeks later
#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Did you try adjusting the VUK so that it is square with the hole?? Steve Ritchie mentioned that in one of his interviews as the fix for that problem as some where assembled off a hair, and that did the trick on mine.

What is VUK?

1 week later
#3430 1 year ago

Does anyone else have an issue where shooting the left loop has a high percentage of going SDTM at high speed? Is there an adjustment that can be made to address this? It can be really frustrating at times. I'm on a pro so my death star shots are all left loop.

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I can understand that point of view as well, especially on some early code where scoring balance can be out of whack. However it's not just high scores, audits and settings are lost as well.

Agreed. In particular, number of plays should be treated like a car odometer. Not only does it remain after an update, but it is impossible to ever reset or lower.

#3546 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. I've read a ton here and I'm unable to find a definitive answer. What pitch are you using that will fix these annoying issues?
With 6.6, 6.7 I get the ball save auto plunger - to 3 bank target - to left outlane drain. So frustrating!
Some here say that 6.5 is the answer. This feels really slow to me. And I still got the left outlane drain although not as much.
I tried 7. I think that was causing bad airballs that hit the glass from the diverter out of the hyperloop.
Is there a happy medium?
Please chime in. Thanks

I just play my Pro at the recommended 6.5 degrees. It's fast as hell and I am able to backhand the deathstar shot, the right ramp and I've even had success backhanding the left orbit. I do have the issue where I get a SDTM drain when hitting the left loop at times, which is the only thing left I'd like to make an adjustment for. The left outlane can be pretty rough, even with the post set at the lowest position, but it'll just make me a better player. I do think the left outlane is a bit off-putting to guests though, it can be brutal.

#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I have the Star Wars pro. Pitch shows 14.2 with pinguy app but I don’t know what to adjust. See pics. First leg pic is front leg. Last two are rear. I feel like there is no way I could get to 6.5 as recommended.!

The bubble level on the right side of the playfield is set to a 6.5 degree pitch, so you can use that as a comparison to check whether you're not calibrated correctly (which is likely the case). I would start with getting that level set right then use the app to fine tune.

#3591 1 year ago

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what shots qualify as "bonus" versus just regular scoring? Also, the skill shot on the mini-LCD says it is a bonus multiplier but I'm pretty sure I've hit it and still only had a 1x bonus multiplier at the end of my ball. lil help?

Edit: I also don't quite understand "bonus held", it seems to always be equal to the value of your bonus in effect doubling it?

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Just sent this to Stern: I would like to report a bug that has shown up a few times now. I’m running V1.0 firmware on a SW LE
This bug occurs when the ball is being launched around the hyperspace loop. When it finishes and the diverter redirects the ball to the right flipper lane, the flippers are dead and so the ball drains. It doesn’t say “tilt” or indicate a problem. Once the ball drains, you get the bonus and normal game play resumes. It doesn’t happen every time the hyperspace loop is activated.
Has anyone else had this happen?

This is addressed specifically in 1.01. It still happens but you no longer lose your ball.

#3608 1 year ago

Added some mirror blades to my pro, they are glorious lol

#3638 1 year ago

What are the chances that a mod comes out that allows Pro owners to replace their plastic ramps with habitrails?

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

So what do these go for NIB right now? $5200? $5400? Thanks

$5699 typically for Pro, at least advertised. You might get a slightly better price locally or if you call places.

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Code Ver 1.1 Hypothesis: Hyperloop diverter timing greatly improved - if not fixed - in this code update. For some reason, not mentioned in the update notes.
Anyone else not getting any catapults into the glass anymore? Huge improvement for me!

Version is 1.01.0 - don't be setting off false alarms

#3704 1 year ago

I am by no means a well-versed pinball player, but I must say that this is one hell of a home machine. The variety and combination of modes, hurry ups, multiplier management and all sorts of other goodies leaves me feeling like there is always more to do or try. It is accessible to friends/family but has a limitless skill ceiling for those that care to dive into it deeper. Those that say this game is "bare" seem to be really missing out. I'm continuously taken aback by how well the code is implemented. All they need are a few more balancing adjustments for the scoring and I can't really think of what else they could do to make it any better!

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from HPR:

I won a local tournament after playing Star Wars for 4 weeks in a row.
Every pinballs felt slow and easy

I played Wizard of Oz the other day at a local venue and I felt like I could take a nap between shots. I liked it a lot but boy did it feel different. SW has definitely made me a better play ... and I still have a long way to go.

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

Honestly this mod looks totally alien and out of place to me. Been seeing posts about it from the beginning and just don't understand what draws people to it. To each his own I guess.

I completely agree. I appreciate the work that went into them, but the end product just doesn't cut it. Not even close. They looks completely out of place and awkward and don't even remotely blend into the game. Sorry creator, sometimes we swing and miss and sometimes we hit a homerun. These are the former IMO.

#3814 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm not sure that's true... I have trapped the ball with the plan of waiting it out and the timer stopped ticking down. Very annoying.

You can change that if you want, it's somewhere in the settings. But unfortunately that means the timer won't hold for you when you do want it and when the ball is bouncing around the pop pumpers.

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

My biggest gripe is the lighting... When it changes color there is a brief moment of no light and I either loose the ball or it throws my timing.

I absolutely love that lighting, it creates such cool ambiance. I wouldn't want them to change it, personally

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does that affect all modes or just Lightsaber Duel?

I believe all, it's a general setting in regards to whether the timer pauses when the flippers are idle.

#3844 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Easy, on endor I seem to get the speeder bike and duel on cloud city quite a bit. Can there not be more scenes to choose from to complete? Really don't see how what I'm suggesting has anything to do with inserts on the PF.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you think there is a pool of missions that get randomly selected... That's not the case. There are 4 missions for each battle/planet and that's it. Depending on which character you choose, you can only do certain ones (which corresponds to which events they were present for in the movies). There is no randomness and there aren't more than what the inserts indicate.

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have an issue with a pro having a hard time catching the ball to start a Death Star (or more rarely Hoth) mode? On a fast, clean shot, mine fairly often will hit the back up-post, but then bounce out before the front double post can catch it. This seems to happen at least once a game. I'm at 6.5 deg and level. I've tried steeper without change. I tried setting coils to soft hoping for slightly slower flips, but that didn't make a difference either. Optos are clean, both lock mechs are tightened down and the plungers move freely with no binding. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas? Or is this just the nature of the beast and a fast moving shot simply can't consistently be caught in such a small area?
I love the game, but I swear this is the most tweaking I've had to do since Avengers. :/

I don't have that problem on my Pro, for whatever that is worth. I have it at 6.5 degrees and play using the "director's cut" settings though I don't think that changes anything related to those mechanics.

#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious about le/premium owners thoughts about the game now after it's been out a long time now? Depth, reliability, durability etc. Considering a premium.

I just have a Pro but from a game/code perspective, I don't understand why this is still only #25 on the Top 100 list. It's easily a top 10 game, IMO. The code and layout are just so damn good. I played a ton of Aerosmith, Metallica, GoT and Dialed In this weekend and those are all great, but Star Wars should easily be considered on par with those, if not better, in my opinion.

#3923 1 year ago

Finally broke 1bn tonight with Han. Han is a multi-ball monster! I'm still yet to complete more than 3 / 8 of the required missions let alone move on to a second character! Game just keeps getting better as I get better.

#3925 1 year ago

nvm

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Well, that sucks. Not worth the risk. I'll be returning them. Don't have the pin yet anyway. Marco seems to be out of stock. Who else carries the Stern shaker?

Game Room Guys seems to

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

This is correct. Start Hyper-space hurry-up, collect it, then complete the rebel lights on the in-lane/outlanes 4 times to start the hurry up again, which will be hyperspace multiball.

Or choose the "Hyperspace Hurryup" option with characters like Luke/Han to immediately start with the hurryup, if you can complete 2 of those you get MB without ever having to do all of the other shots. It works out to just 2 Deathstar shots.

If I'm having a good game and Tie MB is already in the bag, and I only have 1 hyperspace hurryup completed, then I'll usually use the Hyperspace option to get a free hurryup on that last shot before MB.

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are the fixes for the drain out of the horseshoe loop (only from left Flipper to right entrance) and also from the scoop? Just picked up an LE and after the first few games, these unsave-able drains are really frustrating.

The game is extremely sensitive to left/right leveling, so you can try that. I still haven't found the sweet spot though, it seems that if I fix one side, the other side starts making the drains It would be really nice if they included some way to properly level left/right in the playfield the way they do for front/back incline. Or at least provide easy points of reference to make sure you are measuring straight across. It's possible that a true correction to this issue may involve reshaping the loop in some fashion. If I could get that loop to reliably fire the ball at the opposite flipper it would really enhance the game. Some people say that you need to learn to nudge as it is going through the loop but that seems unnecessarily complex and has, what, a millisecond or two of timing? lol.

EDIT: Some have also reported that adding fabric tape to a small area in the back of the loop (to reduce velocity) fixes it. I don't personally like that solution; I want the ball to whip as fast as possible and I also don't want to worry about having to replace tape when it wears out, which will probably be pretty often.

#3950 1 year ago
Quoted from HPR:

I installed a very strong tape ''Gorilla transparent tape 15 pounds'' at the end of the loop with a small piece to double the thickness near the end. It make a very tiny little ''bump'' to the ball and 100% of time the ball go to the left flipper. Zero cheap drain and the game is super enjoyable that way. The inner loop remain fast and fun.
I can make it to look better but for the moment it's not visible from the player point of view and i did not bother to improve the look.
I made meetings with my friends and nobody remark the modification. The movement of the ball is super fluids. No wear and the tape will not move at all.
I also made this mod for the tatooine scoop with the same great effect.

Huh, that doesn't sound so bad after all. It can't hurt to try! Would you mind sharing the exact tape you used? Gorilla makes a lot of variations.

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks. I ordered a motor speed controller last night and feel confident that will fix the problem. I actually cut my weights to make them lighter and that did almost nothing. The speed controller is a much better idea. From now on I'm buying PBL shakers...

I don't understand worrying about $50 on an accessory for a $5k-$8k game... Just grab the Stern motor for $159

#3986 1 year ago
Quoted from HPR:

I would like a confirmation from Steve Ritchie

Yeah. I like the idea of them criss-crossing, that way you could get some pretty fun combos intermixing the ramps and loop. It would be nice to get confirmation and a fix recommendation.

I fine tuned my level left/right a bit more and it seems I pretty consistently get it to hit the flippers but there's still always a chance I get stdm. I tried looking at ways to adjust the loop but I see nothing they can be done short of the tape mod

#4019 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Finally got the opportunity to play a premium today. Wow, so much better then the pro. I really had fun playing he premium, the shots felt much better, the ramps are awesome, and the Death Star shot is just super cool.

That's saying a lot since the Pro is already one hell of an incredible experience. I can't stop playing it

#4045 1 year ago

This game lends particularly well to mirror blades, they look like they were meant to be on it. It's an incredibly bright game that well utilizes darkness for key aspects of gameplay that I think would be ruined by bright lights.

#4046 1 year ago

PS - I turned off mode stacking and find it a lot more enjoyable. Obviously you move through things more slowly, but it's cool being able to focus on one mode at a time. This game already has so many other things stacking on top of modes like tie fighters, boba fett, jedi training and hyperspace hurryup.

#4067 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Its almost crazy to think that Star Wars can almost be a sleeper, but I don't think this game gets the appreciation it really deserves. The game is my all time favorite.

Well Star Wars is such a big franchise that it benefits and suffers because of it. People are so overly critical of anything that bears the name that they miss out. Look at The Last Jedi; that movie has so much hate surrounding it, but I guarantee in 10 years it is thought of right alongside Empire (feel free to save this post and hold me to that ).

The pinball machine is the same. There's hate surrounding it because everyone has their own idea of what they think it *should* be and they don't just enjoy it for what it is. They will only appreciate once they let go a bit, but by then this will probably be one of the most sought-after games in the hobby. On the bright side, there will probably be a ton made.

#4071 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

LOL! Remember my words!

#4075 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It might be taken as Empire by Generation Z or whomever is growing up with this.
You have melennials that actually think the prequels didn't suck so true, anything is possible.

Prequels are objectively bad films. TLJ just went against expectations. The prequels got worse over time, TLJ will get better.

#4125 1 year ago
Quoted from francky93:

Yes it is another version with best LED effect and quality

You are going to replace the factory one that is already installed? If so, can I have your factory one for my Pro?

2 weeks later
#4267 1 year ago

I dig the Imperial Shuttle, but I agree you may want to rework it's position. It's not so much the scale, it's the way there are three ships aligned horizontally. It'd look a little better if you could stagger them a bit more.

But then again, you don't have to do anything I say because I'm not the one looking at it! Whatever you dig is what is right.

#4296 1 year ago

That shooter is horrendous! Lol

#4438 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why the camera hate? Lol. That sounds like an awesome feature and one that makes sense to have on a large R2D2 topper.

I dunno, the camera in Dialed In is cool for like a second and then you realize it's just taking a bunch of pics of you looking at the table

#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, I got mine from Cointaker also. There is no room to slide the playfield over after the first side was in.

Hmm, that stinks. I was able to do it on my Pro no problem. You're the only person that I've seen have this issue, maybe go back and be doubly, triply, extraly sure?

#4476 1 year ago

New code is out: 1.0.3

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/star/pro

PRO V1.03 - May 8, 2018
========================
NOTE - If you are seeing the ball bounce out of the inner loop after shooting
the hoth / video mode shot, please make sure your center post in the back
of the loop is adjusted flush with the playfield.

Moved to System 2.01:
- Improved audio stability.
- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment. Number of ms to debounce tilt bob.
Defaults 1000ms, consider using 450ms for tourneys.
- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.
- Extend TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Correct minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is
inconsistent or poorly gapped

Fixed:
- During the last phase of ESCAPE FROM HOTH the small screen was showing the
wrong background.
- Tie Fighter Multiball Jackpot sounds were not bringing the music back
correctly.
- Fixed the Hyperspace Hurry up tune. It will no longer be quiet when it
loops.
- Fixed Holotext sounds. Sometimes they were not playing correctly.
- Fixed a couple of misspelled words in the display.
- Points were not being awarded correctly in Hyperspace Multiball.
- LIGHT VIDEO MODE is no longer offered on CHOOSE YOUR PATH if it is already
lit.
- Fixed the map number of the upper shooter lane switch in diagnostics.
- Removed ability for ESCAPE FROM BOBA FETT to start while other
modes were running.
- The Custom Message feature will now show all three lines correctly

New:
- Added Game Over Lamp effects
- The ball is now held during the DESTROY THE DEATH STAR, ESCAPE FROM
HOTH, BATTLE OVER ENDOR, and ESCAPE FROM TATOOINE final fanfares.
- Added Hyperspace Multiball Total effect for the holotext.
- Added some lamps effects and shaker effects for Hyperspace Multiball awards.
- Added adjustment for FLIPPERS END BONUS SOUNDS. Defaults to YES.
- Added overrides to the HOME12 and DIRECTORS CUT INSTALL options:
- PLAY MUSIC IN ATTRACT MODE - YES
- PLAY AUDIO IN ATTRACT CLIPS - YES
- FLIPPERS END BONUS SOUNDS - NO
- FREE PLAY - YES
- HSTD INITIALS - 10 LETTER NAME
- Added Holotext award for Hyperspace Multiball awards
- Added a lamp effect when an ESCAPE FROM BOBA FETT shot is added.
- Added adjustment to turn off topper attract sounds separately

Tweaked:
- Added coils that were missing from COIL TEST. Also several coils needed
their coil numbers corrected.
- LIGHTSABER DUEL now only requires defeating Vader once per JEDI MULTIBALL
play thru. Once completed it will not be started again until the player
completes Jedi Multiball.
- Stopped the timer sound effects on the FORCE targets during the four
mini-wizard multiballs (ESCAPE FROM HOTH, DESTROY THE DEATHSTAR, ESCAPE FROM
TATOOINE and BATTLE ABOVE ENDOR) after ADD-A-BALL is awarded.
- If VIDEO MODE is started while HOTH and HOTH I are lit, we now spot HOTH I
as being complete, and increase the VIDEO MODE LEVEL before play begins.
- Greatly improved catching and holding the ball in the horseshoe loop for
modes like LIGHTSABER DUEL, HYPERSPACE HURRYUP, HYPERSPACE MULTIBALL and
others.
- Improved ball search to use all the devices.
- Increased Hyperspace Multiball jackpot values.
- Tweaked some sound priorities
- Increased scoring for Light Saber Duel
- Jedi Multiball was redefined and improved.
- Now starts with 2 balls in play.
- There are two states.
- Attacking the Emperor. This state is blue.
- The Emperor attacks you. This state is red.
- When the lights are blue you have a total of 9 shots to complete the
multiball. These will be in 3 sets of 3.
- Each set of three has a timer.
- Made Jedi Multiball start with 2 balls in play.
- Increased how long the last players scores are displayed in the attract mode
- Improved the volume of several sounds and speech calls
- Added sounds to medal presentation at the start of Jedi Multiball
- Shoot again light was sometimes not seen during Jedi Multiball when it
should have been.
- Improved randomization of BONUS video clips.
- Added more sounds for the topper
- Changed the attract topper adjustment so the owner can change the attract
interval time from 5 to 60 minutes. Or the adjustment can turn it off during
the attract mode.

#4480 1 year ago

I just added the complete README notes into my post.

#4482 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great polish update for an incredible game Thank you Stern.
Also, this line proves that the R2D2 topper is coming!
"Added adjustment to turn off topper attract sounds separately"

That's not the first "tweak" to the topper since release and there is a setting for the R2-D2 topper in the game menu!

#4505 1 year ago

Woh, there is now another sound clip of Jabba speaking his native language when you lose a ball. If that was there before, I never heard it.

#4525 1 year ago

Sorry for being such a newb but what is Dead Flip's Code?

2 weeks later
#4749 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

When I ask sellers why they are offloading its usually replied with "The game is just too bare"..

I find it hard to believe that anyone who really took the time to learn the game would say that. This isn't really the type of game that you play a couple times and "get", it really is designed almost entirely to be a home machine. There is so much depth to the code and an incredible amount of "soft" variety. If all one does it look at the playfield or find themselves frustrated after a few games without really learning it, then yeah they might get the impression that it is "bare". But take the time to learn it and you realize the "bare" playfield is there to allow for incredibly fast, accurate, punishing gameplay that facilitates a "not even remotely bare" set of rules.

4 weeks later
#5090 1 year ago

I think my machine is due for its first cleaning and waxing. I'm relatively new to this, do I need to take everything off of the playfield to do this? I'm afraid I won't be able to figure out how to put it back together if I remove things.

2 weeks later
#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Doubtful. Lucasfilm has no problem licensing out cheap products.
It's more likely Stern and Ritchie were trying to do something unique with the topper, and it was too un-conventional for Lucasfilm.

Yeah, for real... I've seen bags of oranges with Star Wars licensing before, they don't give a shit lol.

4 months later
#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Got 16B on factory but with modes not stacked. Is that good? I’m not playing the game nearly as much as I do most pins that I own, but I have been enjoying it a lot when I do play.
I don’t like how I can play any mode from any lit planet shot. Kind of takes away from the challenge IMO.
And yes, Dwight, if you’re out there, polish up the game. Make it special.

Holy humble brag Batman!!!

Guys I just picked up a guitar and played Stairway to Heaven, is that good? I don't play guitar as much as my other instruments.

1 week later
#6083 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

That's pretty much the main scenario to bring out the true depth of this machine. For me it's the same (Apart from owning a getaway that I keep for nostalgic and never play):
- Home use pin
- Only pin
Like that you actually immerse enough to see what a masterpiece this machine is. In any other situation I totally understand people discarding the machine as confusing or otherwise underwhelming. It's definitely not for casual playing and only unfolds itself to those willing to get into it. That's how it also maintains the challenge. Anyway, this thing is ridiculously awesome

I third this. The level of depth in this game is great. The speed may fool some people into thinking otherwise, but at home it's nice to have the ability to just take your time and understand it.

1 week later
#6143 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious on owners opinions at this point. Debating between SW premium vs jjp potc. Are you guys still enjoying this game enough to hold long term? Is code exciting and deep enough for holding? Are machines holding up? I read that wizard modes still need work, or are missing something. Opinions about overall machine ownership please. Thanks guys.

POTC looks awesome, but I can say for sure that you won't be disappointed with Star Wars. Theme is great, sure, but it has substance... It's fast and brutal, but also deep. Once you learn the table, it is always very clear what you are doing. I love it. It's a permanent pin for me.

1 week later
#6217 11 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

That's my problem. I like Lightsaber Duel as a mode. I think the interaction with the movie clips is really well done, and I like the blue/red lighting effects. It just always seems to pop up at the worst time, and locks the player out of the rest of the game until you play through it or time it out.
I know, I know - play better and finish it and this wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels weird when you can pass on the other modes but you get locked into this one.

Do you think if Vader walked up to you with a lightsaber he'd wait until you finished what you were doing? "Give me a second Vader, I need to finish tying my shoes."

#6234 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have no problems making the Death Star shot. But a friend of mine who has a pro too says he can’t make his Death Star shot to save his life. I told him to play better (haha) but this post has me thinking about it.
On a side note, I can’t seem to get my Hoth shot to stick 100% of the time when it’s supposed to hold the ball. It seems both up posts are supposed to come up and hold the ball in place but sometimes it doesn’t and I get a bounce out reject right back down the Hoth entrance. Anyone else get this?
EDIT: i suspect my pitch is the issue (7.0 deg) so I may play with that because I’ve noticed if I make the shot with the left flipper a fraction of a second earlier so it enters the shot at a slight angle, it holds. If I make the shot a little later and goes directly center, it rejects. And it makes it 100% of the time with the right flipper. Hope that makes sense. I may play with pitch and see what happens.

Ensuring a level playfield really helps this shot. It's meant to be tight though and it's absolutely makeable on the Pro. I've had mine for almost a year now and I've gotten consistently better at intentionally hitting it.

The horsheshoe shots (Deathstar & Hoth) are so invigorating when you nail them, especially if you start nailing them back to back. Definitely keeps the blood pumping.

#6235 11 months ago
Quoted from robx46:

I've made the recommended adjustment to the kickout (making sure top of scoop is parallel with exit) & still have erratic ball exits. Sometimes the ball ejects squarely onto the left flipper which is great, then other times SDTM. Very unpredictable. Wondering if there are any other tips to fix this.

I have just accepted the fact that I need to hold the right flipper up and have it tip the ball.

#6239 11 months ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I may still try the suggested ball guide adjustment, but I ended up just setting the kickout low enough to shoot to the right flipper instead of the left. It may not have the same feel as hitting the left flipper, but it's very consistent and doesn't cheap drain anymore.

The ball guide adjustment is probably best, but it's not a trivial task. I'll do it one day when I have another reason to be tearing down that area.

9 months later
#7664 56 days ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I have a new premium coming next week. I’m excited. Never played it. I like games that are deemed difficult. I’m not looking for the best pin ever made, I’m sure it’s fun..?

The code of this game is nothing short of amazing. It goes to show you that with a simple (but well thought-out) layout and excellent code you can really do a lot. It's really a game almost meant to be played at home, because it takes a little while to get comfortable with the rules -- but once you do... then you'll really start to love it. This machine is underrated mostly because many people play it on location a bit and get frustrated and leave thinking "Star Wars" should be more obviously epic with toys and stuff. It's much more of a finely tuned game that you appreciate more with time. If you could get ratings from all people who own the game, it'd be a different story.

#7680 55 days ago
Quoted from rai:

forgive my ignorance. How is the hyperdrive qualified and the loop loaded??
On the pro what is the substitution for the hyperdrive in the gameplay?

It holds the first ball and gives you another. If you hit the DS again it releases that ball and you get a third. You can do that over again up to 6 balls but I don't think I've gotten more than 4 so far.

It's kinda wonky because instead of the balls being up on the hyperdrive track, they are on the playfield and in the way.

#7700 54 days ago

I definitely like the original art over this comic version. I don't really see the appeal at all. At least if you're gonna do comic-style artwork, have Marvel do it so it matches up with all of the comics they are doing.

But Star Wars is a movie series first and foremost, so it doesn't make much sense to me to have a comic styling. But hey man, the more options the better for everyone.

#7720 51 days ago

I like the black version the best.

#7740 49 days ago

I definitely enjoy the Pro art the most, particularly the backglass. Something about the other two (as well as the new comic versions) just don't have that same vibe as the original films IMO.

EDIT: I'm referring to the original art, I missed the context of the discussion

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktownhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside