66380925980__86EC3E80-CB38-486B-B554-2C6555CED4A7 (resized).JPG
Han Solo (resized).jpg
20220111_194829 (resized).jpg
30B6D9F0-9170-42B7-B7CD-5CB380787B59 (resized).jpeg
E18BA1D1-EA80-4698-8B6D-EB56B60E1EA7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 4 years ago

Picked up an LE and mailed my deposit yesterday, I don't know the details but I'm glad I got on an interested list in April.

For those asking about hyperspace.. in Episode IV Han says hyperspace 3 times, and Vader says it once. Here is an excerpt from the script

HAN
"Watch your mouth, kid, or you're
going to find yourself floating home.
We'll be safe enough once we make
the jump to hyperspace. Besides, I
know a few maneuvers. We'll lose
them!"

Source: http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.html

Also, thanks to the mods for working to keep the negativity out of our club thread.. I'm done reading the BS in the announcement thread, and I'll be here from now on.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

AC/DC also had the red, blue, and white GI but only used it during song selection. I never understood that.

Metallica premium and LE also (unless you have the total lightshow kit)

4 weeks later
#339 4 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I wonder how long before we see an exploding death star mod for the pro?

TimeBandit

1 week later
#424 4 years ago

Heard from my distributor LEs should ship in 1-2 weeks, time will tell.

4 weeks later
#835 4 years ago

Hey guys, I have an LE on order. Is anyone at all concerned about the hyperloop issue (I think) where the ball seemed to drop sdtm right between the flippers a few times.

I feel like this could seriously ruin the game for me if it's a common occurrence. I thought someone said maybe it's a software bug but I hadn't heard much else.

2 weeks later
#1065 4 years ago

Wow, that's annoying that premium owners are getting theirs with LE's still outstanding. Congrats to the new premium owners, but shame on you Stern.

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The LE was never a guarantee delivery before premiums arrive. I don't know what Stern has to be ashamed of here? Plus the shipping logistics play a role in this too.
Rob

In my case, it isn't logistics. My distributor told me yesterday my game hasn't left the factory yet.

You're right, there is no guarantee to deliver LE's before the premiums. But I think it's always been a sort of "known" that LE's are run right after the operator pro's, and has in the past been a perk to buying an LE.

I don't think it's a great move on Sterns part, to show the other paid up LE buyers that a premium took precedence over their game. There are already enough reasons to have NOT bought an LE. Many of us have been on "lists" and waiting since April.

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Good things come to those who wait ... fix any issues etc

Let's not kid ourselves about Stern proactively fixing issues.

1 week later
#1184 4 years ago

#783 arrived today.. love it

1 month later
#1788 4 years ago

I put about 10-12 games on last night.. for some reason this game tends to send balls STRAIGHT out to the outlane in soo many situations it's been pretty frustrating. I'm sure the answer is simply just "play better." But I was curious if anyone else felt like this above other games?

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Buy TWD and GB and report back. Haha

Yeah.. Ghostbusters I have and it's drainy down the middle, but I attribute that to the wide flipper gap.. for Star wars it seems like there are so many DIRECT to the outlane bounces that make me feel like I have something setup wrong..

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone comment on Light Saber Duel in v0.93 (for Pro) compared to v0.92 and how repetitive it is? I'm on v0.92 and about to pull what little hair I have left out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Light Saber Duel, but yesterday I got it 4 times in one game. There needs to be a "pass" option on it after you either complete it or get it the first time, it's relighting way too frequently with all of the multiballs in this game. What's worse is when the mode starts it forgets all of the white lighted inserts that were already lit and are essential for trying to get to Escape from Boba Fett. Seems like all of a sudden getting to the Emperor is much, much harder now if you botch Escape from Boba Fett the first time (and man, that mode is seriously such a rush, one of my favorites in all of pinball - the stress, adrenaline, music, lighting, shots, they're awesome).

I wish I had your problems..

#1973 4 years ago

What video mode tactics are you guys finding work? To me it seems like you want to spend as much time in the boost as you possibly can. I tend to wait for what looks like a big opening and hit the center button for boost. It also seems like the asteroids favor riding one side of the screen over the other for the most part.

3 weeks later
#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Any idea where this plastic piece belongs? The scre was at the Right lane and plastic piece by pop bumbers

Attached to the screen base as shown below.

A6DDAA26-FAE6-4E00-BAC9-FB1FC4B73D73 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Cheers! I’m an average player at best. This was on .93 with factory outlanes, previous high was maybe 2.5? If only I could play this consistently

Factory Outlane gap? 3 balls?

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Star Wars showed up today. Now I’m all in on Steve Ritchie designs.

Where's your star trek?

#2309 4 years ago

I wish there was a way to “pass” or skip lightsaber duel, especially if you have already done it.

1 week later
#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Edit: A picture of a mod to my SW:Prem. It's a sci-fi cross over that I think really adds to the game. Patrick Stewart bull riding the tie fighter. This is going to be a hot seller in the new year.

438794C2-D33A-4920-A994-606BAEE3940F (resized).png

1 week later
#2499 4 years ago

New 1.0 code has renewed my happiness with this pin, lots of great changes.

#2515 4 years ago

1.0 by default doesn’t allow stacking of last mission (planet). I don’t remember if this was the case for earlier revisions of the software. The option in the menu allows, all stacking, no fourth mission, and not on 1st character which is interesting. I’m guessing this is an attempt to help balance scores as they tend to skyrocket when stacking 4th missions, but I actually like the risk vs reward when you can stack everything.

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have completed a much higher percentage of 4th level missions with the stacking off in the 1.0. It’s much easier to understand the objectives on the screen and the clips / audio is so much tighter on these multiballs when they are not stacked. The chaos is just too much when you stack those modes with unrelated modes.

Ok, w/ stacking enabled you can still select a single mission which would be the less risky approach, but also I think takes longer for higher scores. That's what I mean by risk vs reward. You can take a risk and play the stacked multiball, "doubling" up effectively on the high point shots. If you'd rather just go for victory multiball, select a single mission.

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Found the issue...

That used to happen to my Metallica cross drop targets all the time. Ended up using some blue loctite on that screw.

#2619 4 years ago

Still on 3 ball, with factory outlane gap. This is the furthest I’ve been (still haven’t seen the emperor) have everything done but Jedi master training. And literally I was one stand up hit away from completing it.

25273B7B-74F3-4E15-9340-C3223250615B (resized).jpeg

#2662 4 years ago

LE Owner here. I haven't stopped playing this game since it arrived in August. A few gripes about the code though, much more apparent now that I'm just trying for Jedi Multiball. It's really annoying that you have to play Lightsaber Duel, and Escape from Boba Fett even if you have already played and beaten them. There should be an option to "pass" on those modes if you decide you don't want to play them. It wouldn't be so bad if they could be timed out, but only 4 seconds passes between switch hits so you have to take a shot of some sort to keep the counters moving.

There is nothing worse than having already completed both of these modes, and have them show up again while you're trying to complete your next milestone towards Jedi Multiball effectively preventing progress and causing you to take risky shots to get through it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside