IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3121 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another New release from The Mod Couple! The Star Wars "Satellite Reflectors" set. While we loved the general detail and theme of the game it just seemed off to have chrome lamp shade spot lights floating in space! Our Satellite Reflectors are a plug and play replacement that refine the Spacey look with authentic type satellite dishes to light your beautiful playfield. Same effect with an authentic look!! Each dish comes assembled with New chrome mount and reflector dish for a simple (5 minute) installation. Every piece is hand painted to fit the theme and weathered space look. As everyone has a personal taste for layout, our Satellite Reflectors are sold as a set of (2). Kits are available to ship Now and priced at $24.25 Free US shipping! For now please PM me for purchase, interest, or questions. Thank you for your interest in our products, may the force be with you!
The Mod Couple!

Purchase made! To me this is more of an enhancement than a "mod". I'm hoping to see more innovative enhancements like yours for SW. A lot of what is out now looks like cheap crane game toys with LEDs stuck in them.

2 weeks later
#3294 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With the Mod ship request I must Also share what NOT to buy in my opinion!!! I will note I have NEVER bad mouthed a product as I do appreciate the effort in most all cases to try but This mod to me is Horrible! A few threads back #Psw757 said he bought a Lighted destroyer from Lightedpinballmods but was not satisfied with it. I figured, why not I'm cheap and it is just a toy and he only wanted $20 for something he paid $90 for. For the record he Really tried to talk me out of it saying its Really not good but I Figured How bad can it be for $90? Holly mother I thought this was some kind of gag gift when I opened it?? It was squishy soft and looked Seriously looked like it was molded with peanut butter and a Spoon@! And smelled like it also! The finished gooey toy appears to be finished with a paint roller and illumination was more a few scratches that glowed through the paint. Sorry but absolutely Nothing I would ever use for anything beyond a door stop to be honest. I think its painted clay? Anyone want a Smoking deal on a cool mod? lol sorry I would Never sell this to Anyone nor do I in Any way hold #Psw757 accountable for anything but honesty. I may squish it into an ashtray for cigar nights...

Wow. That is honestly terrible. This should have been sent back for full refund. Seriously, that type of crap has no place being sold on Pinside or anywhere for $90...

#3301 6 years ago

Haha. Oh well, maybe people are afraid to make waves?

Ironic that it ended up with Yelobird. The Mod Couple mods are amazing in their detail and creativity. Opposite that turd which is just a junky toy with an LED in it.

#3341 6 years ago

Are there any Cliffy protectors needed for this game aside from the shooter lane? I don't see any available, but maybe some are in the pipeline? How about areas to add mylar?

#3387 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

mnpinball when is this said R2D2 topper due to be announced?

The license holder keeps rejecting the design. In the end it will be a Jar Jar Binks topper instead.

Seriously though, I have been waiting intently on the topper. I was hoping the topper would arrive before my Premium, but it looks like that is not going to happen! I join the club tomorrow.

#3419 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Looks awesome. Still dont get the attraction of those bezels. Makes it look too busy and detracts from the screen imo the clean black looks way better.

I feel the opposite. The bezel from pinball life makes the screen blend in much more like it belongs there. The game was screaming for this mod. To each his own I guess.

#3451 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Get the Armada Star Destroyer, it looks like it came with the machine. Very highly detailed.

How are you guys mounting these ships? I have some piano wire and I was thinking about using that. Seems like the Armada ship is kind of big for one mount though.

Edit: I found some great picture from earlier in this thread using piano wire. I will mount some toys, though I am a little worried the Armada class Destroyer is a little too big. I am go to try to keep it over top of the right ramp as much as possible.

#3456 6 years ago

I kind of liked the white trim at first, but once I stepped back from machine about 10 feet it really stuck out like a sore thumb. The whole game has black trim and the white around the head just didn't look right. It looks so much better now. It only took a few minutes to do too. I did it while I was putting in the Flipper fidelity speaker system.

Here's a picture with one of each so you can really see the difference.

20180303_151001 (resized).jpg20180303_151001 (resized).jpg

#3458 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

To each their own. I like the white!

That's what makes this hobby great!

#3460 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think that means you need to make the rest of the trim white!

I know where we can get some white trim...

supreme (resized).jpgsupreme (resized).jpg

#3472 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I like that...I actually just bought some black T molding....was it hard? my T molding seems stiff so was a little worried about the corners? any advice would be appreciated.

When you pull the old T-molding off you will notice that the ridge that fits into the slit is cut off at the corners to allow it to make the curve easily and smoothly. All you need to do is use some cutters to cut the molding the same way the factory one is cut. This is not an exact science here, if you are a little off it won't be visible at all. If you don't take off enough material, you can always go back and cut a little more. Just put the seam in the middle on the bottom like it was to begin with. I used a stout set of sharp scissors to make the final cut and it came out nice and flush. One other thing to verify is that you got the right channel, by holding it up against the original and making sure the dimensions are the same.

20180303_225512 (resized).jpg20180303_225512 (resized).jpg

#3478 6 years ago

How about some free play and instruction cards? Anyone have links or files to post? Thanks!

#3480 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Suggestion: go to the top of the thread page and search for "cards"......all kinds of choices will pop up, even a few I made.

Wow. I feel a little stupid. I searched on "card" instead of "cards" and got practically nothing. Searching on "cards" brought a whole lot of great stuff. Obviously the Pinside search function doesn't work like I'm used to...

Thanks again!

#3486 6 years ago

R2D2 had been waiting for months in my game room. Finally his machine is here. He is a little upset about not having a topper though.

20180304_220235 (resized).jpg20180304_220235 (resized).jpg

#3490 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Cool R2D2. I see an opening at the top - Is it a beverage cooler? Trash can?
EDIT: I'm guessing beverage cooler based on the Pepsi logo at the bottom. Cool; yours looks mint. Some not as nice one's available on eBay. Nice score in having a good one.

Yeah it is a beverage cooler. The lid was originally clear, but I removed it, turned it upside down and sprayed it with fusion metallic paint. I didn't have to tape off the decals and now it looks more like the real R2!

#3493 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So what do you keep in it?!?

It's just here for looks, but can be used for beverages of my choice at my next gathering. Truthfully it is a cool looking prop for the gameroom and I only paid $75 for it. It gets a lot of comments when people come over; mostly good.

#3523 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Interactively update the backbox brightness while changing Attract Mode,

This is cool. One of the cool things about spike is being about to dim the backbox during game play to cut down on reflection. Interacting menu just makes it easier to set up. This and the new sound settings are totally worth it. I have the Flipper Fidelity speakers with ten inch woofer and was hoping for better control. Once again the spike 2.1 system is superior to the old way where there was a crossover between the cabinet and backbox. I haven't experienced/noticed the ball drain issue, but glad it's fixed anyway! Keep them coming Dwight!

#3568 6 years ago

Is there an easy way to start a multi ball on this game? I can go through 10 games of the time without having a multi ball!

#3579 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Let me ask again-
Will the Premium /LE hyper drive loop magnetize chrome balls?

Any game with magnets will eventually. Since it doesn't stop and hold the ball it probably will take longer to magnetize them. As many metal ramps as are in this game the balls will probably need changing long before they are magnetized.

#3620 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Loving the look and feel of my premium with pinstadium lights, mod couple death star & satellite reflectors, and custom blades created by twenty84 (info here)

I have the Mod Couple satellite reflectors and death Star too. They look awesome.
The reflectors especially are such a great idea because it simply dresses up the spots without adding clutter.

I'd love to see what those side blades look like with white or EL lit white instead of the mirror backing... I'm over the mirror blade thing and prefer art blades.

#3643 6 years ago

I saw a bunch of posts and thought maybe the topper was released... Oh well. I can only imagine the lame demands by the license holder that are holding this up. As I mentioned before, it will probably be Jar Jar instead of R2D2 by the time it is released. Theesa multiball.

That smoky smell is $500 burning a hole in my pocket.

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Topper shmopper whom gives a shit.

Haha. I'm normally not a topper person, but I feel this game needs one and should have had one standard. Currently 18 games in my collection and zero toppers.

#3673 6 years ago

The ball doesn't drop on the switches the way it does on Metallica or Dialed In, so no protectors needed there. There is already factory mylar at the drop spot.

Edit: this is apparently only true for the Premiums/LEs and not Pros. Rule of thumb is that any of the new games that drop the ball off of the ramp directly onto the inlane switch must has a Cliffy switch protector ASAP!!

#3691 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would try the PInnovators spike 2 sub mod, and buy a $90 exterior sub....the sound is great....much better than the sound on my Met and ACDC, which had flipper fidelity speakers installed.....

Keep in mind that Met and ACDC were antiquated mono sound with a crossover between the back box and cabinet speakers. SW is a SPIKE game which has three separate channels (2.1) of lossless sound. The new software allows bass and treble, balance, and separate volume for cabinet speaker. The Flipper Fidelity with the adapter and ten inch woofer sounds much better in SW than in the older games and the new controls opens up a whole new level of tweaking.

#3693 6 years ago

I don't use external subs, but don't let that sway you as they do sound good. Being able to hook two pins to one reasonably priced sub is a bargain even with the Pinnovators mods.

#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have a definitive solution for fan noise on a premium? I’d just like silent. I did some searching around but didn’t get to a final resolution.

I bought a really quiet 80mm fan, glued on two rare earth magnet disks and stuck it in the backbox just above the power supply pointing upward. This fan runs 100% of the time the machine is powered on and draws air up through the power supply enough to keep the noisy fan from ever coming on. Once you put the backglass on the added fan is basically silent. My fan has not come on since I bought this. YMMV.

Here are a few more details. I purposely bought a non-PWM fan the Noctua FLX model. It came with a 2-pin molex adapter cable which I cut and installed a standard Stern 12v power connector onto. I also bought the Stern 8-way power splitter from Pinball Life. This splitter is cool and it also uses magnets to stick onto the metal back box. Links below. Also, pictures show the magnet installation with five minute epoxy and an overall shot that shows the installation location along with the power splitter. It is very important that the fan blows upward to aid in the natural convection rather than fight it.

http://a.co/03lwGmV

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4359

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3893

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

20180321_230857 (resized).jpg20180321_230857 (resized).jpg
20180321_230757 (resized).jpg20180321_230757 (resized).jpg

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Cool! (No pun intended).....
What size are those magnets?? I’ve already got the fan ordered....

These are the same. They come in handy for all kinds of things.

DIYMAG 15pcs 1.26”D x 0.08”H Powerful Neodymium Disc Magnets, Strong, Permanent, Rare Earth Magnets, Fridge, DIY, Building, Scientific, Craft, and Office Magnets, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD2XYYP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.49SAbRFMNXXF

1 week later
#3908 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Didn't get the shaker yet but will be,Should have been included!

I put the Pinball Life shaker in my SW and it was really simple compared to the old SAM machines. I really like the way it works compared to the Cointaker shaker in my Metallica. The Cointaker shaker is way too violent. I need to figure out how to adjust the weights on that one to make it less violent.

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

have a quick look at this pinside thread, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor I bought a couple of CT's red tremor shakers and they were crazy violent. this little device worked like a charm in my TWD...

Thanks. I ordered a motor speed controller last night and feel confident that will fix the problem. I actually cut my weights to make them lighter and that did almost nothing. The speed controller is a much better idea. From now on I'm buying PBL shakers...

#3960 6 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I don't understand worrying about $50 on an accessory for a $5k-$8k game... Just grab the Stern motor for $159

I agree but the Cointaker shaker is already in the machine. I hate to throw it away when there is a great solution for $10. If there were no solution, I would throw the Cointaker shaker in the trash and start over.

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

We have yet another code update coming this month.

OK, it is April 3rd so I won't hold my breath. Still four weeks in this month. Looking forward though!

Quoted from fosaisu:

The Star Wars shooter knob and topper accessories are still not available for sale. We will make a formal announcement once they are finalized and available.

I may be a dead guy with $500 in his pocket by the time the topper comes out. I've never bought a customer shooter. Any idea what this one looks like?

#4003 6 years ago

I moved the post on my Premium. Now it drains on the left side like a normal game does from the factory. I haven't had to adjust the inner orbit, though it very rarely will go STDM from the right exit instead of hitting the right flipper. On those rare times the ball is kind of clanging through slowly instead of a smooth orbit. Very rare on the right hand kick that it goes down the middle, but I have yet to tweak that one too and I can see the rail has some play in it. I have a 2-second timer on the right kick out anyway. At some point I might tweak both of them, but they are far from a problem. The freakin up post rejects on my Metallica are much more annoying than anything on this game. At least Stern is back to spending the extra $$$ for the two controlled gates instead on one up post. I notice even GOTG has controlled gates and they list gates in the feature matrix now days.

#4008 6 years ago

I just wanted to share my experience with the Stern light saber side rail upgrades. I really love the LE side rails and tried to get some with no luck. Instead I ordered the Stern light saber side rails and installed them. Two problems were apparent right away. First was the backing was not held down well enough which caused shadows in the cut out area especially along the blade portion. Second problem was the handle portion of the cutout area used such fine lines that you basically could not see the saber's handle shape unless the room was well lit and you were looking directly straight on so you could see the white backing.

The first problem was an easy fix. I removed the rails and taped the backing down along the entire length in a way that is not visible from the front and reinstalled the rails. The second problem still remained a head scratcher. I did some quick research on putting in some EL backlighting, but that led to dead ends and I wasn't sure it would fix the problem anyway. Long story short I decided to hand paint some outlines on the handles. Not being an artist, I simply got a fine white paint pen and simply/carefully ran it along all of the edges in the cut out areas representing the light saber handles. This worked awesome and was done in about ten minutes per side. Now even in low light you can actually tell its a light saber and it looks infinitely better from all angles. The handles stand out now in any light with just that little added paint.

I attached some pictures below. The camera on my Samsung phone is so darn good in low light it was hard to get a good "before" pictures because the camera made it look better than it actually looked to the eye. You can still get the idea.

In the end I am now really happy with these. It still would be cool if someone would create a light kit though.

20180404_181013 (resized).jpg20180404_181013 (resized).jpg

20180404_231655 (resized).jpg20180404_231655 (resized).jpg

20180404_181026 (resized).jpg20180404_181026 (resized).jpg

#4031 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Mirror blades vs Pinstadium lights for this game? Pinstadium are 3x the cost...worth it?

The game is already plenty bright, so pinstadium are not even a thought for me on this game. I'm also getting really tired of mirror blades. I admit they look good on some games, but the newness is gone for me and most games I see them on now simply don't look good. I prefer art blades, but they have to be really good ones. For this game I'm considering these:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-sideblades/

#4090 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would like to quiet down the power supply fan or change the cooling solution completely. What is the best mod for this? The fan is at the top of the power supply and turns on periodically despite placing another quieter, always-on fan on top of it.

Use a fan with a little more airflow and it will work. The first fan I used didn't work either. The one that I have now is silent and the stock fan has not come on once since.

1 week later
#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Wish there were 2 or more different video modes.

I would love to get rid of the video mode. At a minimum, just let me skip it for a few points or a hurry up of some sort.

And yeah, where the eff is the topper?

#4193 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dwight has said there will not be another video mode.

Cool. Now some sort of choice to bypass the existing one and all is well.

1 week later
#4255 5 years ago

I don't see the shooter anywhere. Apparently it is a storm trooper. Part number is 502-7048-00?

#4276 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

It's amazing how slowly some of this stuff is coming out. It's amazing they got the game done at all.

Disney is probably trying to squeeze an extra nickel out of this stuff any way they can.

#4283 5 years ago

This one looks similar but a little too big:
http://a.co/gg3zsbX

#4289 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That stormtrooper is dumb.
A Death Star shooter wouldve been better.

Even the stormtrooper is better than that smiling Yoda that is for sale in the market place LOL. I've never actually bought a shooter, so skipping the Stern shooter will not be a big deal. Lets hope the topper kicks ass though!

#4364 5 years ago

Not sure if everyone saw the game play pointers that Stern posted on their website last week?

#4406 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

What are these fans needed for? (Sorry I'm a noobster when it comes to SW)

The factory fan on the new SPIKE system kicks on and off intermittently to cool the power supply. When it is on, it is as loud as a jet engine. The fan can be replaced with a quieter one, but the simpler mod is to simply put in a fan just above the power supply blowing upward. This additional fan runs all the time and keeps the power supply cool enough that the internal fan never clicks on. The key is getting a REALLY quiet fan, but still enough air flow to keep the supply from running. As noted 80mm is the biggest that you can get without casting a shadow on the translite. Even with an 80mm it has to be installed as far right as possible above the factory fan in order to avoid getting a small shadow on the translite. Also, as noted above, the fan MUST BE BLOWING UPWARD so it is not working against the natural convection flow for this mod to work. If you get an adapter as shown above you will need to use a 60mm fan because the extra height will definitely cast a shadow otherwise. That adapter is definitely a great mod to this mod!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/76#post-4293879

#4419 5 years ago

I doubt it. All three toppers have that black box on the bottom and the Batman and Aerosmith toppers are not Stern official toppers.

#4435 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

4. Camera that takes pictures of players and displays them on screen (a stretch but would be awesome)

If by "awesome" you mean "suck balls" then I agree.

#4443 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The outline gate on my LE is struggling, the magnet struggling to make contact and the spring not retuning it to original place.
It was working, I know there are a few posts here about the issue. But don’t want to trawl through 4000 posts! Any help would be appreciated

That gate has a bushing similar to a flipper and it needs to have a small gap to allow free movement If there is no up and down play, the gate will rub under the playfield and won't move smoothly.

Lift the playfield, loosen the gate with an Allen wrench, pull the gate out from the playfield ever so slightly so it has a couple millimeters of play up and down and then tighten the screw. Hold the gate in place with your right hand while you tighten the screw with your left to get it lined up easily. It should move freely after that. Took me a total of two minutes.

#4458 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can only barely fit one side in, and have zero clearance to put the other in. I imagine each cab is slightly different, but mine is too tight. So disappointed.

Different sizes from different vendors?

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got my hands on some side blades that match the world under the glass and look good!

Who sells those? They look nice.

#4487 5 years ago

That is actually a pretty good software update. Definitely worth putting in!!

#4495 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

one to adjust the length of the video mode,

It would still be nice to be able to do away with the video mode(s) completely or at least be able choose points or some random award in its place. I've never been a fan of video modes as a regular mode in a pinball machine. I'd much prefer it be hidden or random; more like an Easter egg that you see maybe once in 50 games.

#4544 5 years ago

That 80mm fan doesn't car a shadow on the translite?

#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

The back of my startbutton came loose.Have tried to get it back on but bo luck.Can anyone take a pic of the back of the startbutton so i can see what i'm doing wrong ?
Should be an easy thing but i just can't get it to stay on there.The backside just falls out when i push the startbutton

Try turning the button 90 degrees to the side and slide it in then twist it back to straight up and down to lock into place.

#4623 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I meant the flipper buttons. I haven’t tried the center button to skip through the mode video.

I don't think you can skip the video mode. In the new revision you can go into the menus and shorten it from 20 seconds to 15. That change makes it a little more bearable.

#4641 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Man, I love this game.

So do I. The longer I have it the better it gets.

#4719 5 years ago

I like the Pinball Life shaker. It actually shakes the machine rather than turning it into a violent vibrator. The PWM is the best way to tame on SAM games..

#4720 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Why not just remove some material from the weights?

That seems like a good solution but it actually does zero! I cut a ton off of a Cointaker weight set and didn't notice the slightest difference. I think it's because its a DC motor so it spins up faster faster with less weight.

Edit: deleted PWM talk for SPIKE.

1 week later
#4935 5 years ago

Dang so many posts today... I thought for sure the topper was released!

1 week later
#5026 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

ttached is a photo of a second of the stainless steel polished and laser engraved instruction card I had made.

Those look awesome! Looks like it really has a lot of contrast that makes it easy to read too.

1 week later
#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Just installed Fidelity Speakers in my SW, what a difference! It is well worth the money...hearing things I never noticed before. I noticed that when the volume was turned up the stock speakers would have horrible sound quality. Well that is a thing of the past with the new install! Give them a try! Changes the SW experience.

I have them too and the sound is really awesome. The SPIKE 2 system has really great sound, it's not compressed and it's 2.1 instead of straight 2.0 stereo. That way there are separate volume controls for the cabinet and backbox speakers.

#5160 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome, good to hear. I bet Lucas Films requirements will end up making it a better topper.

I hope you are right. Previous experience with license holders meddling seems to produce the opposite. This has been an extended meddle too...

#5170 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It could be good thing if Stern had been trying to opt for a cheaper / clean looking plastic topper. Disney could say "no it needs to metal", "the lens on R2 needs to be rounded, not flat", "R2 needs to look more weathered as that's the way he looks in Episodes 4-6, not new in Episodes 1-3". Stuff like that.

Well I hope you are right. I just wonder why it could be taking so long. My fear is that Disney won't like a toy that can light up, spin its head and make noise because people will be buying them who don't even have the pinball machine. They might be making Stern neuter it to be only usable as a topper.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

No have it turned off. I’ve thought about putting it back on just to see how it is though.

I'm going to have to try it with stacking off at some point. Does it affect scoring and/or progress through the game much?

#5223 5 years ago

Has anyone found a source for replacement apron decals that don't have the epilepsy warning?

#5253 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

. Now stick your head down under the cabinet and listen to that same sound from the cabinet speaker.

The SPIKE system is 2.1 not 2.0, so the cabinet speaker is a completely separate sound track!

3 weeks later
#5466 5 years ago
Quoted from fusion:

I just installed my custom powder coated armor on my Star Wars pro Nice glossy black with blue and green metallic flake.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sure would be nice if someone would come out with a back lighting kit for those light saber side rails.

#5478 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

NIB JJP DILE doesn’t have this issue either.

Your DILE will dimple like mad just the same as the Sterns. Once the dimpling is set in, the little lines that will cease to matter. My SW Premium doesn't have the little lines. Probably the Premiums and LEs have a little more clear coat. It also has surprisingly little dimpling considering the amount of play.

20180512_145039 (resized).jpg20180512_145039 (resized).jpg

#5480 5 years ago

Understand, and I should add that I am not trying to downplay the pictures posted above. There are lines and there are lines. To me the ones posted above by BRTLKAT are not acceptable.

1 week later
#5565 5 years ago

I had a game reset the other day. This is the only times it has ever had the slightest problem. 1.05 software.

#5575 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ahh man, thats a pain in the butt.. I tried to do this with my Tron and it broke with drill bit. Maybe I will just buy that electronic speed adjuster thingy.

I don't think you can use the speed adjuster on the newer Sterns with SPIKE? I assume you have the Cointaker shaker? They are all too strong... The one from Stern and the one from Pinball Life seem just right.

3 weeks later
#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Topper update from the September "State of the Stern" update. Sounds like the final final final approval (pending NASA review) for the most anticipated topper in pinball history has been submitted.
"The Star Wars topper has been sent and submitted for final approval getting us one step closer to our formal announcement once it’s available."

I would assume that they haven't begun production pending this approval, so we are still not going to see this in our hands any time soon. I'm guessing Christmas at this point.

#5741 5 years ago

Does it go back down if you flip the game off? If so it's an electrical problem. If not it's mechanical binding.

#5751 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Update and winner!
I was pretty shocked to find that the flipper has no play at all - it really is tight against the playfield. Will adjust immediately.
Left as it is and playfield would look like an old em with flipper marks in the playfield.
Going to check all my other Stern's as never would have thought this would occur on a new game.
Haven't had the game long and the flippers never felt right but I couldn't figure out why......
Thanks

Stern needs to invest in some gap tools... The price is right.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8194

1 week later
#5808 5 years ago

Search for "cards" within this thread. There are some great ones

#5847 5 years ago
2iarpo (resized).jpg2iarpo (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5954 5 years ago
20181014_111029 (resized).jpg20181014_111029 (resized).jpg
#5982 5 years ago

I'm in. The $500 is still on my floor after burning a hole in my pocket eight months ago.

20180925_170408 (resized).jpg20180925_170408 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. GAP may be wrong... I think it will be $399 for IMDN and $499 for Star Wars, but I hope I am wrong for sure.

Might want to buy one while its $399.

4 weeks later
#6052 5 years ago

First thing to do with the Premium is ditch the white T molding.

#6056 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

White trim, white powdercoat

As long as the trim matches the powder coat. That one on the market place looks terrible with two different whites

2 weeks later
#6177 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The topper we already saw and everyone thought was a let down? hopefully coming soon!

Not sure what people were expecting, but it was no letdown to me. My friends who saw it in person at Stern thought it looked good too. I'm getting one the day it is released.

#6207 5 years ago

How about being able to pass on the video and just take some points instead? Would be nice to have this option on every game that has a video mode past, present and future...

3 weeks later
#6307 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Installed the powdered leg bolts on my LE today. Small but meaningfull touch-up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does someone sell these or were those customer made? Normally I don't really care about leg bolt color as long as the threads are still good, but those look fantastic!

1 month later
#6512 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all, someone has a pdf for the rules. I search but dont find.
Thanks,
Yannick

http://www.tiltforums.com/c/game-specific/rulesheet-wikis

#6536 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

a way to opt out of LSD

A way to opt out of the video mode and choose points instead would also be wonderful.

#6544 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I reduced the video mode timer to the minimum of 15 seconds. Now it's not so bad.

Been there, done that. Still wish I could bypass it or simply disable it in the menus.

#6564 5 years ago

The Pinball Life shaker seems just right in Star Wars. When I got my Metallica it had a Cointaker shaker in it and it was way, way, waaaaaaay too strong. Funny thing was its not even the red thunder or whatever there stronger shaker it. I like a shaker but when it is overboard it just feels stupid. Better off without one than one that is too strong.

2 weeks later
#6679 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’m with this guy, how many asteroids are you hitting per run? If it’s more than 1or 2, probably a sign you’re too drunk to be playing anyhow.

I've never had a clean run. Probably because I don't like video modes and I have never really tried. It's just 15 seconds of intermission before getting back to playing pinball.

1 week later
#6724 5 years ago

Seems like that could be repaired with some UV glue. I've had good luck with "Bondic".

1 week later
#6788 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The pinworlds mods are sweet! I put them on my pro, they are just what it needed.
[quoted image]

I just ordered the sand world for my Premium. I look forward to seeing it. I would really like the forest world too if they get made. I have a tie fighter over the pop bumper area and not a huge fan of the ice world any way.

#6790 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That said, all look good.

I agree, they all look amazing. The attention to detail is spot on. I might have to get the whole set after all. We'll see...

1 week later
#6849 5 years ago

With BK on order, budget will be a little tight if the SW topper finally comes out this month...

3 weeks later
#7043 4 years ago

To me the premium with the light saber side rails is the best combination of art and game play. At first I really wanted the LE side rails, but after seeing them in person a few times I'd rather stick with the light saber rails. I love the hyperloop ramp. Nothing in pinball has ever gotten my adrenalin flowing like that ramp!

#7048 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Hmm...I'd love to see pictures too. I was leaning LE because of the rails, etc.

Here is a link to my original post. These rails didn't come without problems of their own. I used a white paint pen in a simple method to make the saber handle stand out better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/81#post-4321453

1 month later
#7327 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks, any recommendations on which shaker to buy?

Stay away from cointaker unless you want something that shakes your whole neighborhood. The Stern and PBL are the way to go.

2 weeks later
#7369 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Did he say that?

I do seem to remember something like that in a couple of interviews. Definitely would not be a mod that I want for the exact reason stated by Steve. Your machine though, so do as you want. Just keep in mind that some might consider this a mod that would lower the price of the game if you sell it. Definitely put the button where it would be covered by a new set of extended side rails or light saber rails if you ever want to sell the game.

#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

One million percent this. Might as well install a foot pedal for it.

If you really want to cheat the system, leave the button on the lock bar as is for multiplier changes and add a rapid fire button in parallel on a foot pedal. Hold the pedal down and get 15 fighters per second!

1 week later
1 month later
#7501 4 years ago

I finally was able to get my light saber side rails back lit. The color is not perfect but I think they look awesome now.

20190818_193815 (resized).jpg20190818_193815 (resized).jpg20190818_193823 (resized).jpg20190818_193823 (resized).jpg
#7504 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ok...that is pretty cool. Thought I was done modding out my SW, guess I was wrong. Lol. So did you cut that out yourself?

The rails are obviously the Stern official mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1092-great-american-pinball/02061-star-wars-side-armor-official-stern

I was able to get Hooked on Pinball to sell me the lighting kit. This was not a ready to go kit like with the LE. I had to do some custom cutting to leave the original backing behind the saber handle and just have the lit portion on the saber part itself. I also bought some theater gel material in red and blue to add the color and carefully cut and taped it over the EL panel to tint the light. One other key thing that is needed regardless of whether you backlight is to highlight the saber handles with a white paint pen so they stand out better. As they come from Stern, these side rails are basically a fail. With a little work they look awesome as heck. Here is the post with before and after on the white paint pen mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/81#post-4321453

#7506 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ah so is the blade not cut out and the EL paper in on top?

No it's all laser cut. Replaced the original white backing on the blade portion with EL

#7524 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

That looks pretty good but a bit pricey. Anyone have it?

Used to be able to buy the "Star Wars: Armada - Imperial Class Star Destroyer" on Amazon for $40 and mount it yourself. Its not lighted but looks great none the less.

20190825_003914 (resized).jpg20190825_003914 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7538 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Star Wars: The Pin
Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay

Looks better than I was expecting. Simple, but looks well made with the metal ramps and new speaker panel. Even the dots are nice. As a supporter of Project Pinball charity, I'm hoping a lot of these make it into Children's hospitals. This is a perfect game for that purpose.

#7540 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The cabinet speaker is an upgrade? There's a spot for one, but nothing there.
Rob

Sorry, I meant the backbox. Previously the speaker was where the "coindoor" is now.

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They switched to rails for all pro games released after Iron Maiden.

I'm glad they did this. The pegs sucked. To me it makes sense to make all the games the same anyway. The more rails you buy, the cheaper they are. Just put them everywhere! I'm still glad they stuck with the latches instead of the levers for the lock bar. I like those a lot better now after having them for a while. And I also like the metal heads with the small bolts instead of the coffin locks a lot better.

1 month later
#7681 4 years ago

The fact that we have a whole new set of artwork and the game has been around as long as it has leads me to believe that the topper will never see the light of day unless it happens very soon.

Not holding my breath.

1 week later
#7769 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The purist are probably going to have a fit, but putting in this Williams post has made the difference between a frustrating game and a dream machine. Let’s face it, the left lane drain is not good at all, even with the post all the way in, it still is unfair drain crazy. The post in the photo shows 2 of the screw holes being used. This Williams post creates similar geometry to the one added in the pro version. Don’t worry, the ball will still drain, but now it is a great deal more fun and fair. Family loves this one adjustment and now have a great time with an otherwise frustrating experience, unless your nudging skills are pro player level.
It is completely reversible without any changes to PF. It is a genius design done by a friend of mine. SWpre/LE is now so much more fun, can’t even begin to say how much more enjoyable it has become. The post floats above the PF. I think he could be talked into making more if anyone is interested. After installing that one post, the game has become family and friends favorite. Prior to that, no one hardly played it.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I already had a star post there instead of the standard post, but it fits kind of tight. I could pretty easily 3D print something that would look good there using the two hole technique your buddy thought up.

#7774 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The Premium ships with a post in the goody bag, if you want to install it.

There is no hole in my Premium?

Quoted from Thunderbird:

It is completely reversible without any changes to PF. It is a genius design done by a friend of mine. SWpre/LE is now so much more fun, can’t even begin to say how much more enjoyable it has become. The post floats above the PF. I think he could be talked into making more if anyone is interested. After installing that one post, the game has become family and friends favorite. Prior to that, no one hardly played it.

Thanks for posting the experience with this mod. I went ahead and 3D modeled and printed a modified Siamese post to do the same thing as the mod you posted. On mine the post is aligned with the furthest open hole and adds a tab that screws into the lowest adjustment hole. The result is the outlane is still a large opening but the protruding post under the drops seems to cut way down on cheap drains. (I need to get a proper size/color rubber).
20191026_193909 (resized).jpg20191026_193909 (resized).jpg

#7790 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Shapeways won’t really work, because 3D printed is not as good as the real post, made with metal. It needs that for stability when the ball hits it. Gathering a list of interested people now and will let everyone know as soon as my friend figures out costs and shipping, etc.

Depends on the design. 3D printed is plenty strong if printed with nice thick walls. Easily as good as the cheap plastic posts that come in the game or available at Marcos and others. There are tons of posts on yeggi and thingiverse and I have used them in games with no issues regarding strength.

As for this mod, I'm sure your friend's metal base is the cat's meow. I'm also sure in this spot a proper 3D printed mod will work fine too.

Quoted from Kobaja:

I disrepect none of you as people, but this whole "how to cheat" post nonsense doesn't make you look all that great - and that doesn't change, just because you are here in numbers.

Calling people cheaters is disrespecting them. Oh well. Funny how some people can't comprehend the idea that others might not be as good a player as them and simply want to enjoy the game. Putting a wood screw in the middle of the outlane to prevent all balls from going through would be cheating. Making the game drain at a similar percentage in the left outlane to other modern games is more of a fix than a cheat to me. All of these games have adjustable posts in the outlanes and in this case the adjustment doesn't quite cut it. I suppose people who have to close the outlane to the smallest setting are also cheating? Or people who use 5-balls or don't disable extra balls? What about all the people who make replays and specials award an extra ball? Not everyone is a tournament player and sometimes small changes are needed to enjoy the game.

Personally I like my games set up in the middle post position, with factory settings and 3-balls. In some few cases I have to adjust the posts to the easiest position and/or add an extra ball at a certain point plateau to make the game fun. The two recent games in my collection that fall into this category are Ironman and SW Premium.

People made the same negative comments regarding the extended outlane guides for STTNG. In the end Steve Ritchie himself endorsed the use of them saying his original design was not nearly as fun or fair to use.

3 weeks later
#7973 4 years ago

I'm still enjoying my Premium. This is evidenced by my recently selling a gorgeous Metallica Premium and keeping the SW. I got both games at about the same time and loved both to death. SW just has more staying power and in the end I played it way more.

#8069 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

What do you think now that your $500 dollar toppers with moving parts are now going to cost $750.00. Include tax and shipping your now $500 dollar toppers with moving parts are now going to cost close to $800.00.

Black Knight topper is bad ass and moves and the price point is $430. It also doesn't have the Star Wars license to deal with. R2D2 robots are obviously something Disney is protecting the rights on very closely.

1 month later
#8275 4 years ago

I make the death star as much from the left flipper as the right. It does usually have to be cradled to get the proper aim from the left; otherwise it is a luck shot.

3 months later
#8664 4 years ago
Quoted from GeminiGuy:

Umm, never noticed this for some reason on my Premium, but there’s a post on the left side of the shooter lane just above the arch corner. On the left in the photo... No idea why it’s there, seems like a strange place. Also, looks like it should have rubber, but doesn’t. Can anyone else say whether there should be an O-ring on this?[quoted image]

It's there to keep that one in a thousand chance of a ball landing and getting stuck there from happening. Doesn't need a rubber ring...

3 weeks later
#8773 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thank you for the explanation. It some times hits square, but many times it’ll just slam right down the middle and its very frustrating lol. Again appreciate the answer and will dig into that

You can set a ball saver on that kickout. A couple seconds is all you need.

#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

May the 4th be with you [quoted image]

I'll get a few extra games in today.
20200504_080328 (resized).jpg20200504_080328 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#8823 3 years ago

I'd need one with a big enough cut out to fit the Death Star button mod... I like the button mod better than the plates. Would consider both though.

I bought a plate early on and never installed it if someone wants to buy it from me for a reasonable offer.

20200514_142051 (resized).jpg20200514_142051 (resized).jpg20200514_142108 (resized).jpg20200514_142108 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8882 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Looks great - I wanted to do Mirror Blades on my SW but worries about clearance and scratching them over time. did you have any such issues? if not, what brand did you go with?

I am over mirror blades. They looked good on a few games, but they got WAY WAY overused. Art blades are the way to go in general.

2 months later
#9090 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Cutting back on a safety feature sounds like a big mistake. One serious lawsuit and Stern would be finished.

It is not a safety feature, lets get that straight. Now that the power switch is on the backbox, there is no AC voltage in the cabinet. Stern went ahead and removed the switch because it was no longer needed for safety regulations. In the end I think they put it back because the "coin door ball saver" and other features the switch brings into play are important for Tournament play. It helps the tech to repair the game without tilting or somehow otherwise losing the ball. Once the repair is done and the door is closed, the solenoids receive power again. If for some reason the ball drained during the repair or the tilt was hit, the ball will be returned to the player. I would thank Josh and Keith for the return of this switch. I'm not sure the features are even in the software on SW or BKSoR though at this point. Hopefully they return those features to all of the games that did not get this harness, so they can be retrofitted.

#9092 3 years ago

Aren't the coils still energized if the door switch is gone? That is what i would be worried about.

Sure they are still energized. We have all been shocked by coil voltage. It is the electrical equivalent of a paper cut. It is not something that requires a lockout by electrical standards. Don't get me wrong though, I am fully in favor of bringing the coin door switches back and having the coil voltage disabled when the door is open. Not really for safety reasons though, it would be nice to have the coils de-energized while trying to work on a machine during a game in progress to prevent shorting the coil voltage to switch voltage while poking around. I did that on my Meteor while working on a machine right in the middle of a game in a major tournament.

1 month later
#9281 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I will post the .stl file up later today. If some don't have access to a 3d printer i can possibly print out a set and ship them for a reasonable price.

Not sure that you can attach an STL file to a Pinside post. I'd be interested in a copy if you could email it or posted up to thingiverse.

#9311 3 years ago

I have a few sizes the corner punches used for crafts. After cutting the squares with scissors something like this really makes the corners look nice.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H5F6DNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_13IxFb26HWRP9

3 weeks later
#9454 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I had the same thing on the node board test... Freaked me out. Then I realized you have to push in the coin door switch to enable high voltage for those to test right. I guess I need more new pinball machines so I would have known this...

So Stern has gone back to installing the coin door switch on SW from the factory? They stopped using them for a while and went back to it because it is actually pretty useful. I wasn't sure if the SW software had the support for the switch in it. Now that I know, I might have to try to get a switch from Stern.

#9463 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Can we do that? Install the switch ?

Quoted from setzkor:

Here's what is on my Comic ... Same as on my TWD[quoted image]

Apparently so. Now we just need to look into getting the harness. Maybe PBL or Marco will like to carry it?

Edit: It looks fairly simple. The Avengers IQ manual shows two extra wires for the switch on CN4 of the power distribution board in the backbox (highlighted below). So it could be done with a switch, bracket, wiring, heat shrink and a couple of pins.

Interlock (resized).pngInterlock (resized).png
#9486 3 years ago

More clips would be good. I love Yoda as much as the next guy, but variety is the spice of life. I could do without the midnight madness, but it would be a cool option. What I REALLY, REALLY would like would be a way to disable the video mode or at least bypass it for points like on STTNG.

1 week later
#9524 3 years ago

I noticed Pinball Life sells just the tie fighter wings so I got one as a spare. I've never had one break, but it seems like I've heard others saying they had to buy the entire ship in the past when one of the wings broke

2 months later
#9778 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Don't see any reason to update. I don't want to use my pin as a jukebox. Plus, I have a lot of non-pinball friends. When they or their kids come up to a machine, the first thing they do is double flip. I can see them getting stuck in that game mode menu system. Seems pointless to me. I wish they would have added a few more drain clips to add some variety.

To me this update is worth it just to be able to limit the video modes finally. I also want to install the coin door switch on the game so it's nice to see that they've tweaked the code to support that fully. It also says there's some sound tweaks that seemed very worthwhile.

#9787 3 years ago

I agree there are a lot of simple changes that could make this game better, but any update is better than nothing. I'm glad to see the video mode limits, but it would have been nice to still get some compensation for enabling it. In STTNG the video mode could be bypassed for points. Funny the video mode changes are not in the Premium Read Me file.

#9789 3 years ago

I had to format my thumb drive as exFAT to fit the file since it is more than 4 gig.

1 week later
#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

is that side armor still available? if so where from?

That was the LE side armor. Not available...

1 week later
#10045 3 years ago

Personally I would put SW at about tenth. It is a very under rated game. The haters will all chime in and knock it back do to the 20s or even 30s.

1 week later
#10162 3 years ago

Star Wars premium and LE the ball drops onto mylar and then rolls over the switch. The switch protectors are not really needed like they are on games where the ball drops directly onto the switch like it does on SW Pro.

2 weeks later
#10350 3 years ago

Well I see the Star Wars Comic versions have officially been retired. Stern moved them over to the archived game list on the website. Anyone owning one has a pretty rare pin.

I don't know if I would call them rare. They knocked out a couple of runs of them. Would be interesting to know the numbers compared to the original premium and pros.

1 month later
#10563 3 years ago

I'm glad to see a new run of games coming out and so many more people coming around to this game. This is such an underrated game. I've had it since it came out and recently had to make the tough choice to sell either BKSoR LE or my Star Wars Premium to make room and money to afford LZ LE. After much consideration I sold the BKSoR to a friend down the road and kept the Star Wars. There is something about the nostalgia, flow and the depth of this game that keeps me from getting tired of it. Also, it took so long to finally get the topper that I don't want to give the game up!!

2 weeks later
#10598 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Question...
I sold my SW Pro to a dude who owns a pub about 6mths ago. (So it was on the latest code then)
He says that now, when you hit the Tie Fighter target, the game crashes.
Now, normally I’d drive around and give the guy a hand, but he is 898km away from me. I checked.
Any known code issues?
Anyone else had that happen?
Unfortunately this guy is a totally newbie so even “reseat all the cables” is a struggle for him ....
rd

Does it crash or slam tilt? If slam tilt there is a service bulletin for games with a shaker added slam tilting.

#10614 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Star wars Armada - Imperial Class Star Destroyer

20210422_150522 (resized).jpg20210422_150522 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10671 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

With the knocker kit installed, where is the setting for the knocker to strike when you get an extra ball?

The answer is that there is none. Knock is only for credits as far as I know.

#10685 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have one that was made in 2018. Cabinet is strong. Are you planning on walking it around the yard? The age of the paint on the playfield is a good thing. More time to cure equals harder paint. Don't let your OCD get the best of you.

By the time the original SW runs were being made, Stern had done some mods to make the cabinets more sturdy after having all kinds of problems with previous games. I have a 2018 SW Premium and it is indeed sturdy and has corner braces to fix the splitting issues. Stern continued to improve the cabinets though. Both my BKSOR and LZ have even stronger cabinets that include 3/4" birch plywood for the bottom instead of 1/2" particle board. To me that is the kind of difference that is worthwhile. Particle board is on my shit list.

#10698 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

May the Fourth be with you!!! (Ok I'm a few minutes early on the east coast.) I wanted to share some new mods I'm making for Star Wars.
[quoted image]
First are the 3D Coin Reject Buttons featuing a representation of the Millennium Falcon:
[quoted image]
These coin buttons are 3D printed using translucent filament (your choice of color -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, clear/white), with a mid-print filament change to special Marble filament -- so the Millennium Falcons are permanently fused to the buttons. I chose Marble for its off-white color of the MF, and the dark flecks give the appearance of the dirt/grit she typically carries.
Next is the 3D Start Button! Another dual-filament print puts a slightly compressed representation of the Death Star atop a translucent green base. The Death Star has cutouts that read 'START' in a Star Wars-esque font, and also cutouts for the superlaser!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The coin buttons and the start button are very easy to install (I have DIY videos to walk you through). They're available here in my shop on Pinside or through my website. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Pinside - coin buttons: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05033-3d-coin-reject-buttons-star-wars-stern
Pinside - start button: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05036-3d-start-button-star-wars

Hey, I recognize that machine! Thanks again to SkyKing. I put in a few extra games on SW for cuatro de mayo and I noticed that I like the feel of the new Start button as well as the looks. Something about the texture and shape make it feel more sturdy than the flimsy OEM button. The way the outer ring lights up is also a nice feature.

#10715 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I did see someone post a picture of a 3d part that protrudes out a bit too reduce the frequency of the losing the ball out that way.

Yeah I designed this for my own machine after a lot of trial and error getting it just long enough to stop some of the really cheap looping drains, but remain open enough to still lose the ball on the left about equally to the right. It's basically equal with the middle post position only it sticks out further. I had it on my machine for months before I put them on my pinside shop. I'm a decent player and this helps me have more fun playing the game. To me that is all that counts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/04886-star-wars-left-outlane-

Whether or not that is for you, maybe pick up one of my seizure warning cover decals for your SW! I like the speeder picture but most people seem to like the Yoda Free Play decal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05005-free-play-apron-decal-star-wars

20210221_212958 (resized).jpg20210221_212958 (resized).jpg20210413_223432 (resized).jpg20210413_223432 (resized).jpg
#10722 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

but wider than the thin post that Stern uses)

The wider post will fit in Star Wars but just barely enough room to the rail on the left. You struggle to get the rubber in!

#10732 2 years ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

Just joined the owners club, got a prem in yesterday! Soliciting additional feedback after scrolling previous threads on player's favorite mods for the game, if any! I've slapped in some art blades and am looking at adding the action button bezel and the small screen decal, any others that are must-haves? Thanks all!

The Armada Star Destroyer is a must if you ask me. Also, look on the Modcouple site for some cool mods including the radar dishes for the spot lights. Subwoofer really adds to the sound in this game too.

#10777 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t know, they seem expensive and how are they more Star Wars than a shiny cone?

Because the look like antenna/radar dishes that are seen all over the Star Wars movies instead of spot lights as seen in pinball machines. Seriously, they really look good and add a great touch aesthetically.

#10789 2 years ago

I believe the USB stick needs to be formatted as FAT32. Will not work otherwise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.