IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jerickso77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6979 4 years ago

Joined the club. Got the latest code and everything is default. Any audio tweaks or any other settings you recommend adjusting?

1 week later
#7050 4 years ago

It's a real bummer that the planet multiballs have some of the best clips in the game but they're mixed so low you can barely hear them. Really sucks the momentum out of an epic moment.

#7055 4 years ago

Is that what that means? I could give it a shot but then the call outs that were fine will probably be too loud.

#7090 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Is this what you are looking for? Just did a test on the Death Star Run ...

Oh yeah!

#7100 4 years ago

For sure, the hurry ups shouldn't take dominance over an entire mode. Play the initial sound then dump it on the small screen.

The other thing that sucks about the muted sounds is that in all of the chaos they are your best bet for knowing how far through the mode you are.

#7106 4 years ago

What is that pssst sound supposed to be? I find that callout annoying and I have no idea what the pont of it is.

#7110 4 years ago

The Endor victory multiball should play Yub Nub.

#7127 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t like the video game sounds for the video mode.
I know the stock audio has some authentic Star Wars music and some generic similar sounding stuff.
What modes/missions need real Star Wars music to be added to be more original to the trilogy movies?

Most of the generic music for modes is fine but I think the planet multiballs would benefit from the original score.

#7128 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whats the cheapest you guys see these go for on the secondary market?
So far I have seen:
SW LE: 8500
SW Prem: 6800
SW Pro: 5500
Ive been looking to fill my steve richie spot with one of his older games, but my wife loves star wars. Id like to see if I could make this happen. The pro looks to be about the same gameplay as the pro. The hyperforce feature (I think thats what its called) doesnt really add much imo, neither does the death star exploding. Not sure I need to spend that extra $1500ish....

I don't know about prem or le but you should be able to find a pro for less than $5K.

#7138 4 years ago

Is there any difference between turning stacking off and just choosing not to selct stacked modes in the mission screen?

#7168 4 years ago

My biggest gripe about this game is the way hurry ups and multi balls take priority over modes. I was doing Escape from Hoth and started hyperspace multi ball and that just completely takes over. Other than the blue shots on the field you would never even know you were still in Hoth. That's annoying.

#7171 4 years ago

The catch 22 is that stack helped me put up a 7B score. I guess you can go for immersion or you can for points.

#7178 4 years ago

Lots of subtle shakes like when you hit the correct shot in a mode or hit the drops. Big shakes at the match screen and crashing into asteroids in video mode.

#7204 4 years ago

Shooting the white shots is how you start escape from Boba Fett.

2 weeks later
#7282 4 years ago
Quoted from Wudchopper:

On tie fighter assault mode, when smashin for tie fighters what do the flashing red arrows do on the ramps? I can usually hit one ramp but very seldom have a chance to hit the 2nd during the mode.

This is a good question. I assume it's an incentive to keep you from just trapping up and hammering the button but is it worth the risk?

#7285 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Me neither, but thinking about it - maybe they increase the time you have to bash that button...?

I think that would make the most sense.

#7290 4 years ago

Interesting. I always thought you got those points just for hitting the tie fighter. I assume the multipliers work for this as well?

Speaking of multipliers, I hit a 1.2B hyperspace hurry up and it was glorious!

3 weeks later
#7351 4 years ago

Yup. I originally had mine at 7.3 but read that post from Steve Ritchie about how playing steep is cheating so i dropped to 6.8 and it's noticeably harder.

#7356 4 years ago

Got my mix back from Pinball Mix and the added music and balanced audio really make the game come alive.

2 weeks later
#7412 4 years ago

Is there some trick to working on this thing? This is my first Stern and I didn't realize prop bars were a luxury. The stupid posts are to short to do anything under and stood up it's too tall to work on the flippers. What am I supposed to do?

#7415 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I love those too. So satisfying when you can build them up and then strategically relocate them and hit a big payoff shot!

Yep. You've got to call your shot and then make it. I nailed a hyperspace hurry up at 40X for 1.2 billion. So satisfying!

#7418 4 years ago

Han seems like the hardest character. He can get through Hoth and Tattooine quick but I never put up big numbers with him.

#7440 4 years ago

What? I thought multipliers didn't work in lightsaber duel.

#7443 4 years ago

On every shot or just the final? I've tried to watch the screen for the multipliers on each shot and never saw it.

#7444 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They work everywhere?

They don't work everywhere. There are definitely certain modes with certain characters where shots aren't multiplied.

#7447 4 years ago

Cool. Nice work!

2 weeks later
#7472 4 years ago

Am I missing something or is repair the hyperdrive just 2 shots and done? Any way to build value?

2 weeks later
#7484 4 years ago

Got to the emperor for the 1st time and beat him! Mode was kind of disappointing actually. Could have done better on planet multiballs, only completed Endor.

20190816_184733 (resized).jpg20190816_184733 (resized).jpg
#7487 4 years ago

Indeed, even though I essentially "beat" the game all I can think about are all the missed opportunities to wring out more points. I was 1 shot away from destroying the death star and I totally blew Hoth and Tattoine.

#7489 4 years ago

Victory multiball is so satisfying! I especially love it on my pinballmix because I had him play the 20rh Century Fox fanfare when it starts.

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I suppose you did that fanfare through pinbrowser? Has anyone put together an alternate SW sound tracks for the game software?
I too love My SWLE. Very underrated game for sure! It should be ranked in the top 5 of all time!! It is only because it’s SW, that it ranks so low. People all have their own ideas about what it should look like, but Stern did a superb job re-creating the final battle scene on the playfield. Add a few fighters and you’ve got a stunning table![quoted image]

I hired pinballmix to do it but yeah I assume he used pinball browser. Here is a video. It's so good!

#7494 4 years ago

It's mostly just the original trilogy box set soundtrack. I also threw in Duel of the Fates and a few non Star Wars tracks though.

1 week later
#7521 4 years ago

That looks pretty good but a bit pricey. Anyone have it?

1 month later
#7608 4 years ago

A vault eh? What are the odds that a code update is in the works also?

#7639 4 years ago

Just got 1.124B in bonus. Love this game!

#7642 4 years ago

It's cool that the planet champ is for the whole planet, not just the end multiball. Now I'm using that guide to try amd figure out who cam wring the most points out of each one.

#7653 4 years ago

Just realized there is a switch inside the rubber ring just below the spinner. What is the point of that?

#7679 4 years ago

This game definitely shines at home. I played it on location a few times and hated the cheap drains and the multipliers. I'm a huge Star Wars fan though so when a local tradd came up I went for it. Properly set up you almost never get a cheap drain off of the plunge. Once you get into the multipliers it adds a lot of depth and the risk/reward is amazing.

#7697 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i suppose some people do enjoy it. i don't, it's not the movies i grew up with and have enjoyed since the 80's. i would never trade my original run for the new one.
different strokes for different folks

I agree, I think it looks terrible.

#7708 4 years ago

I wish there was a mode that actually made you hit all of the drops individually. All of them just make you hit any drop and then resets the bank

#7710 4 years ago

Right but you kind of just spell FORCE as you play. I never find myself actually trying to target it. I meant in an actual mode like cloud city duel.

1 week later
#7762 4 years ago

My left post is all the way in. I have the right one in the the middle since it has the escape on it. Seems pretty fair.

#7805 4 years ago

Never knew the premium doesn't have that post by the drops. No wonder people find it furstrating. That post prevents so many cheap drains.

3 weeks later
#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the top of the Tie Fighter assembly on the pro version? Specifically, I’m hoping to obtain a photo of the top of the flat black plastic right behind the Tie Fighter.

20191122_201508 (resized).jpg20191122_201508 (resized).jpg
#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

—>>> SHOW off you mods <<<—-
Just purchased the Comic Art Premium and would love to see how others have moded their games ... let see some pics!
Thx in advance!!!

The best mod for this game is a custom soundtrack from pinballmix. The modes are so much better with the original Williams score. Having Duel of the Fates play during Lightsaber Duel is rad.

#7968 4 years ago

<blockquote cite="#5319526"
That being said, if you don’t have the time or are not technically inclined at all, it is nice that pinballmix offers the service he does.

That's me. I don't have the time or patience to deal with pinball browser. Pinballmix did an awesome job at a fair price.

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My final decision is SW premium or MM remake.
I am going to play my top choices tomorrow and will make my decision immediately, I want to see how the Death Star, hyper loop ramp feels.
I have AFM LE, aware it plays a lot like MM (rules, similar shots) so that's one point against it.

Personally I think AFM and MM are too similar to need both and AFM is the better one anyway.

#8036 4 years ago

Umm you'd think for that much money they could at least make R2 look correct.

#8083 4 years ago

You have to hit a certain number of white shots to start the mode. 3 or 4 I think.

1 month later
#8290 4 years ago

Been trying to complete Escape from Hoth without bringing in any other multiballs and it's tough. Hitting that left orbit can be tough.

#8292 4 years ago

Finally did it. Had been trying to shortcut it with Luke and Han but Lea gets 4 balls in this mode so that's the way to go.

2 weeks later
#8392 4 years ago

The wings on my tie fighter are coming loose. Anyone know what the head on those screws are? Some kind of tiny allen wrench?

1 week later
#8440 4 years ago

TIL there are Victory medals. I assume this is from hitting all shots during Victory multiball?

#8442 4 years ago

Cool. Now I have a new short term goal to shoot for!

#8443 4 years ago

Ugh. Really thought I was going to battle the emperor tonight. Had 1 shot on my last mode with everything else completed and bricked the right ramp to left outlane drain. At least I got a new Han champ.

20200131_184347 (resized).jpg20200131_184347 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm nowhere near your level but I just collected a 58M hurry up shot, this pin is so fun (I don't care what others say about the crazy multipliers!).

Just wait until you hit a 1 billion hurry up. So good!

#8475 4 years ago

4 screws on back of tie fighter that attach to the bracket.

#8493 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Feedback when hitting a target that explodes a tie fighter?

It does do that. Also, I like the slight shake whenever you hit a mode shot. There's quite a bit of subtle shaker action. You might not even notice some of it but turn the shaker off and you certainly will miss it.

#8496 4 years ago

Sounds like you're leaning left. I've never had a horseshoe shot go sdtm.

#8498 4 years ago

I never adjusted the auto plunge but I did turn down the scoop power so it just goes to the right flipper for an easy trap.

#8501 4 years ago

Are both of your shaker weights pointed in the same direction? Mine were originally and I had to adjust them because it shook too much.

#8513 4 years ago

Force and lightsaber ones look cool.

#8524 4 years ago

Yeah, it sucks. There is GOTG close enough for me to go play on my lunch break but it is still on release code.

#8541 4 years ago

Ugh, getting real sick of my tie wing coming loose. The screw head is pretty much stripped at this point. Maybe I should just glue the damn thing?

1 week later
#8557 4 years ago

Only Boba Fett stood between me and the emperor and I blew it. Such a heartbreaker.

#8562 4 years ago

Mine is 759,200.

#8567 4 years ago

Wish there was a leaderboard for tie fighter multiball. I never seem to get much out of it. Or maybe I just suck.

Also, how does hyperspace multiball work? Do you get more distance with each yellow shot?

2 weeks later
#8642 4 years ago

Gotta love a 2.5B lightsaber duel!

20200328_221834 (resized).jpg20200328_221834 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8743 3 years ago

Yes, you can adjust the scoop power and even put a ball save on it just in case.

2 weeks later
#8816 3 years ago

Add me to the list.

2 months later
#9101 3 years ago

Nope, sorry. He is in Battle over Endor and a Hoth mode though.

1 month later
#9231 3 years ago

Same. The mold is nice but the led strip sucks compared to el wire.

#9233 3 years ago

No, just bend the leaf switch back a little at the base.

#9297 3 years ago

Been playing a bunch of the Tony Hawk remake recently and it reminded me of where my love of big multipliers came from. Star Wars is pretty much the Tony Hawks Pro Skater of pinball. Love it!

1 month later
#9577 3 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

On my Star Wars Pro I would all too often be annoyed by almost hitting the Death Star loop and then having the ball bungling off of the wire gate.
So I moved it back to the rear hole. This moves it back about a half inch.
Now it's a nice smooth shot.
I'm sure others have done this, but I don't remember seeing a post on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I never even realized this was an issue until now but it makes sense. I'll give it.a shot.

#9589 3 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

On my Star Wars Pro I would all too often be annoyed by almost hitting the Death Star loop and then having the ball bungling off of the wire gate.
So I moved it back to the rear hole. This moves it back about a half inch.
Now it's a nice smooth shot.
I'm sure others have done this, but I don't remember seeing a post on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is great! Such a simple adjustment and it makes a big difference. I never realized it was the gate that was causing shots to rattle out like that.

1 week later
#9656 3 years ago

I get why tournament players don't like it and why it can be frustrating on location but all of those things are what make it such a great home game.

1 week later
#9671 3 years ago

I hate it when you are deep into a mini wizard mode and then a tie fighter or hyperspace hurry up starts and spoils the experience.

#9673 3 years ago

Yeah, it's great that they can stack and helpful to finish the mode but I don't want to hear it.

It would be cool if they killed the flippers but at least you can just let go anyway.

1 week later
#9710 3 years ago

I believe it you set it in tournament mode ut caps at 20X multipliers so you can at least tone it down some.

3 weeks later
#9891 3 years ago

Put your left post all the way in if it isn't already.

#9892 3 years ago

The thing I love most about this game is that it makes you complete your modes. I'm sure that's why tournament and location players hate it but it makes such a great home game.

#9898 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Happy new year everyone! I own a Star Wars Comic Pro and it's just an amazing theme and game to play. My family loves playing it, but I'm thinking of adding another pin for some variety (down the rabbit hole). Would love some suggestions from Star Wars owners on what other games/themes would compliment this amazing pin. Thanks!

Deadpool!

#9956 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. It's a Mezelmod with the LED strip, not the rope and I changed out the LED strip for one with more lights on it.

Where did you get the lights and how easy was it too swap? I love the sculpt but needs more lights.

#9959 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I purchased the light from a dealer in Canada, I usually use Comet but since I only needed one strip I went this route (cheaper shipping). Swapping was easy, four screws and it comes apart. The strip was just hot glued in placed.
I added a print out of the engine section and put a piece of silicone in there too so it would diffuse the light, it's not that bright in person.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! All I see on comet are the same led strips like it already has.

#9963 3 years ago

Hmm, either I'm blind or they don't cary that anymore.

#9966 3 years ago

Thanks. I was thinking those looked the same as mine but maybe not.

20210106_130540 (resized).jpg20210106_130540 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10121 3 years ago

These ramp covers are a nice cheap and easy mod.

20210115_194303 (resized).jpg20210115_194303 (resized).jpg20210115_194306 (resized).jpg20210115_194306 (resized).jpg
#10123 3 years ago

I agree.

2 weeks later
#10276 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is there any chance that I can see some pictures of a fully decked out Pro? (Ie. one modded with extra toys, blades etc.) I’m curious how it looks. Thanks.

Here is my pro with Falcon mod, mirror blades, and colored force inserts.

20210204_084012 (resized).jpg20210204_084012 (resized).jpg
#10282 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

My kit came as part # 502-7059-00. Different number, but it looks exactly the same as the above. No problems since installation!
[quoted image]

Can you take a picture of your cap installed? No idea where that node power cable is on mine.

16124545302911983937558 (resized).jpg16124545302911983937558 (resized).jpg
#10285 3 years ago

Got it thanks!

#10311 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any thoughts on this?

I think is suposed to dead bounce off the left flipper onto the right. I just set mine to softly just drop on the right flipper because it's the same result with less wear and tear.

1 week later
#10369 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

dang, I thought something was wrong, but it's just that I suck.. haha.. better turn up my mini-wizard ball save time a bit! thanks guys!

Remember you can get an add a ball by shooting the force targets. I focus on that immediately while the ball save is still lit.

2 weeks later
#10430 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/01223-star-wars-speaker-panel-frames

Anyone ever put a speaker light kit behind these death star grills? Seems like it would be pretty sweet.

3 weeks later
#10539 3 years ago

I never knew you could get an add a ball as a reward from the pops but had it happen twice last night.

#10548 3 years ago

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/star-wars-speaker-panel-frames

Got a brand new set of these vertical frames I decided not to install. Make me an offer.

3 weeks later
#10665 2 years ago

Was that the latest code? I've only beaten the emperor once but that didn't happen on 1.05.

#10679 2 years ago

With all of the playfield issues Stern has been having lately an older one is probably better.

#10707 2 years ago

I am. Already sold my Star Wars. Hate to see it go but this is the way.

1 month later
#11133 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

The Kenwood's are a low end speaker. BUT....they are still far, far better than the crappy 4" single paper cone on the Pro/Premium. I also went with the Speakerlightkits with the 5.25" brackets.
I did that at first, but I then went much further. I bought much better 5.25" speakers.
Long story short, I run an external class D amp to power those speakers and an external powered subwoofer.

Do those Kenwoods fit as is or do you need brackets?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jerickso77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.