IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzbouche.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6886 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Back in the club (so to speak) after my Premium was out of action while I transformed it into an Imperial Stormtrooper edition:
BEFORE
[quoted image]
AFTER
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic! I’d wondered how a full whiteout would look in a premium. Hats off to you sir.

2 weeks later
#7008 4 years ago

Hey all,
I’ve been playing my premium a bunch this week and just started to have some fork issues; I was getting more rollbacks than usual so decided to adjust it slightly (moved the Death Star Rail slightly higher, and tried to lower the ramp that leads off the forks but without success). Anyway, over the past few games i’ve had an issue where mid game the ramp doesn’t lower when it should, so it remains up when the mode is not lit. I hit it a couple of times to light the mode and then flippers go dead, ball drains and the game fires me out a new ball. This has now happened several times - has anyone else had this and is there a solution?
Cheers

1 week later
#7087 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

First question that comes to mind is whether you are running the latest software. 1.05

Yep - up to date code. Would've been a good call though.

Quoted from RockfordReplay:

This tells me the software sees a condition that should not be. Example: (2) or more of the Fork Ramp switches are active. The ramp position is either up or down, never both. Perhaps the 'down-position' switch for the Fork Ramp was providing signal when it shouldn't. Give it a few presses under diagnostics. Watch for intermittent response as you slowly press and slowly release. Could be a switch in another area too. Sometimes a full press and release makes a switch happy for a while.
Lifting the death-star's rail too high can result in dead flippers and ball draining too.

Thats what I figured too. Checked the switches though and it all looked good. Couldn't see anything out of place.
I Dropped the Deathstar rail down a touch and haven't had the issue since - so i'm guessing that was the cause. Not sure why - there didn't seem to be any obvious issue with it in play. Slight shame as it did seem to improve death star ramp rejects a little.

Thanks for the help.

#7132 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't really think so. Some of the original movie score is pretty slow paced and doesn't lend itself well to pinball. Pinball music should be high energy and match what it going on with the rest of the package. I am sure that there are some sounds / music that could be further incorporated but just slapping the movie soundtrack in there for the sake of doing it isn't the answer IMO. My friend has the modded Ghostbusters code with the movie songs and it just sounds off.

I can attest to the effectiveness of Pinball mixes work! PinballMix has been working on an epic John Williams mix for me (with some other choice tracks thrown in at the right times to spice things up). It is insanely good!! With more of the original score, the pin becomes so much more "Star Wars-y'. It's more nostalgic for me as a fan, but more than anything I just feel that it seems 'finished'. Now when I see the original music on the pin it feels like a weird copy. And there's plenty of high paced music in the Star Wars films that work great with pinball. Weirdly, it has massively improved my play as well (this also happened with the Tron mix) - I think you get zoned into the game more. With the new mix I have managed to complete all planet modes for the first time on my premium.

I'm planning to post a video as soon as I can to share with you guys.

#7176 4 years ago

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share a video showing the 'Epic' John Williams mix that PinballMIX created for me. I've been really happy with the results, and tried to showcase the music as best I can in the game I video'd. It's a bit scrappy as the camera was right in my face, but hopefully gets across the idea/experience.
The idea here was that most of the mix is John Williams, but a few choice tracks are specifically chosen by me (for a variety of reasons). It's not finished yet - this was the first pass which I've been playing and getting to know. I can say it really improves my gameplay for some reason and just makes the game so much more authentic for me personally. It may not be to everyones taste, but I've found this the best bang for buck mod I could personally add to a game I love.
Hoping to put more videos up in the future, but wanted to share this whilst it was fresh in the thread.
Cheers!

#7181 4 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Thanks very much for sharing! That was a great game by the way. I like most of the music. Not so much on the Escape Bobba Fet or select mission. It sounds unbalanced though. The music is loud and mission call outs are mostly muted. In between mission call outs are loud though. Like "shoot the hyperspace ramp", etc. I have noticed this about the factory firmware. I wish this was the opposite. Mission call outs louder and common call outs muted down some. I don't need C3PO screaming "go for the hyperspace ramp" at hiked up volume. That gets very old on a HUO game. I can see that being reasonable for location games. A balanced volume level for all call outs would be much better though.

Thanks man - the game was solid, but I was a bit hampered by the damn phone in my face! I want to setup a streaming rig, so need to find out how to do that!
Anyway, yep the mix isn't finished yet - you're right a few of the levels are off (couple of the tracks too loud) and the mission callouts very quiet. All that is to be sorted by PinballMIX. This first version was for me to play, get to know, then suggest any final changes. I personally love the Boba Fett track and especially the select mission music, but that's the beauty of the process - you would be able to change out the stuff that doesn't work for you. As with all things pinball, its a great mod if you value this particular aspect of the game. I'll hopefully do more videos in the future to share.

2 months later
#7457 4 years ago

Has anyone put cliffys on the switch slots under the ball drops? I’m thinking of doing an order and thought they might be worth getting but not sure if it’s overkill?

1 year later
#10610 2 years ago

Had an epic game at the weekend - never really knew what to do once I'd finished all the missions so read up on it, and FINALLY - reached the Emperor and even though I wasn't sure what I was doing I kicked his a$$. Awesome game. Not my highest score, but such a thrill. Nailed it.

IMG_6847 (resized).jpgIMG_6847 (resized).jpg
#10616 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

What translite is that??

Custom that I made. I’m still working on some side blades but have something in mind. It’s an original premium and I’m theming it as ESB. Will post a pic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzbouche.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=jazzbouche and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.