IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jai151.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13649 1 year ago

Hey folks, about to join the Star Wars (and pinball machines in general, first one!) owner's club, picking up a second hand but NIB Pro this weekend. Anything I should know to fix/adjust/replace out of the box? My brother maintains machines, so I have access to someone with the know-how.

#13652 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Pre welcome to the club. Great choice for a first machine. You won't know what you need to know until you need to know it. Start with your brother. If he's busy or if you want a second or even first opinion. Pinside's got your back.

Thanks! It was one I kept playing at out of town locations and thinking "Man, if I could only get more time with it..." Also was looking for something to help develop some basic skills - started playing in tournaments in October and really want to get better - and the playfield shots seemed interesting and challenging enough to fit the bill while the different character modes throw enough variety in to keep it fresh as a sole home machine.

#13654 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

a trivial thing, I'm sure has been mentioned before, but I do wish instead of defaulting back to Luke every time, it would remember your last character path for at least a minute.

It would be nice to tie that to Insider somehow, set a default character and when you log in it starts on that one

1 week later
#13702 1 year ago

Just picked up my pro (okay, picked it up Saturday, but been too busy playing to post ), and I am in love!

Threw a backboard illumination kit and a custom shooter rod on, the addiction is real…

101BF8CF-A789-4DF5-8BE2-DADB8CBB4944 (resized).jpeg101BF8CF-A789-4DF5-8BE2-DADB8CBB4944 (resized).jpeg21851381-C8F1-49C9-9653-45322B3C584E (resized).jpeg21851381-C8F1-49C9-9653-45322B3C584E (resized).jpeg
#13715 1 year ago

Are the art blades pretty interchangeable between machines? I want to keep the space theme consistent with the backboard art, but the ones that seem to match best are ones advertised for Star Trek with a fairly generic planets and stars artwork

#13718 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Star Wars is on my short list but I recently picked up a TMNT as my "fast and brutal" machine so I don't think I want another one just yet (even though Ritchie would be a new designer for me) - will get something else for now and circle back later.

TMNT's scoring is just a little too demoralizing for me. There's just a big mental difference between a "bad" game ending with over 100 mil and ending with ~3-5 mil

Not a huge fan of the CG art in the modes either, but the actual gameplay of it is certainly fun once you get the feel

#13720 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I installed the 1987 code, so it's all video from the original cartoon series instead - much better

I played one location that had the 87 code, it makes such a huge difference for something that has literally zero effect on gameplay!

Quoted from dboeren:

The score doesn't bother me, I know that different machines in my collection have different point scales and mentally I'm only comparing to the scores on that game. If it's REALLY out of whack like a JJP game that does throw me off though as I feel like I can't tell what's worth shooting and what isn't. It is a common complaint though, a lot of people seem to feel they'd like Turtles better with an extra zero on the end.
Star Wars scores on the other hand seem pretty swingy to me due to the multiplier, like your general pinball skills might not be as important as how you move the multiplier around or lucking into one or two high-multiplier shots can outweigh everything else you did all game.

The mental aspect I can definitely see improving as you get experience on the game and know what is considered a good score, I just don't have enough plays on it to get to that point yet. I mean I love Monster Bash and Medieval Madness and they both are relatively low scorers.

I actually really like the multiplier feature on SW. While it can certainly get very swingy and I've had a few drains trying to move it at inopportune times, I feel like it's making me much more accurate and thoughtful when it comes to my shots - EG having to plan at least a few shots ahead - which I'm hoping will translate pretty well in other games

#13734 1 year ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Perhaps not the right forum, but I have a major issue with the Star Wars game code. I downloaded the newest (version 1.23.0) game code from Stern and instead of Star Wars 1.23.0, I'm getting Avengers version 1.05 as pictured. I downloaded the code three separate times directly from the Stern website. On my thumb drive the files are named Star Wars 1.23. I tried both LE and Premium codes and this is what comes up. Unfortunately, the game installed the code and now I have an Avengers start up screen with no backup code available for an earlier version from the Stern site.
Is this something any of you have encountered?
Any help would be appreciated,
Many thanks,
TJ
[quoted image]

I'd contact Stern directly. If you've downloaded the code multiple times and it's the same thing happening, it sounds like the files on the site might be wrong.

#13756 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Well I thought that was decent and then came home from work and my 12 yr old son beat me. He said he got to do all wizard mode!
[quoted image]

If it makes you feel any better, my top score is still only about a third of yours.

Which characters were you guys using?

#13764 1 year ago

Not the high scores some of you are dropping but was still pretty proud of myself on this one. Officially have broken a billion with all characters with this one too!

22FF7A42-A86B-49BF-ABA9-8E63ECDBD224 (resized).jpeg22FF7A42-A86B-49BF-ABA9-8E63ECDBD224 (resized).jpeg
#13800 1 year ago

The backhand shot is makeable on mine, but it is dangerous. Time it just a little late and it's a direct bank off the post and out the side

3 weeks later
#13867 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

I went with the pin graffics ones and am very pleased with them!

I ended up going with the WizBlades and couldn't be happier. They seemed like the only ones that really matched the backboard and kept the interior consistent

69937135916__969969BC-AF84-47BE-BAFA-D70F3CA882E8 (resized).jpg69937135916__969969BC-AF84-47BE-BAFA-D70F3CA882E8 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#13937 1 year ago

You can also light escape with the first (maybe second) force target award

#13997 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I also kind of bought the pro version on a whim, and after getting it dialed in, its a really good game. I, like many others, was never interested in it because it is a pretty plain/basic playfield. The call outs and video clips, along with the posts to hold the balls for moments make this a really fun game. Every time I think about selling I play it some more and the decision gets tough. I always figured I keep spider man over this but it's a tough call, I think I like this game more.

That solid "thunk" when you land the Death Star mode/Hyperspace Multiball shot on the pro is just so damn satisfying

1 week later
#14067 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Woz is great World under glass and beautiful, but imo it’s just ok shooting, one ramp wide body. I mean it’s great in a large collection but I don’t play it a ton.

To be honest, I feel this way about most Jersey Jack machines. They look good but just aren't compelling enough in play to keep me coming back on location, let alone put one in the home lineup

#14083 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

This is what I have in mine. Draws usb power from the bockbox with no issues: amazon.com link »

That's awesome! How do you have it secured?

#14102 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Question about light saber duel. It says it’s a timed mode and time added for red shots. But also duel doesn’t end unless you beat it. What’s the idea of time if you have to defeat the mode? I mean if you can’t time it out what is the point of time? I haven’t played it to the end of the mode because I suck but does it put your progress backwards if you don’t make the shots in time?

The mode ends if the time runs out, but doesn't end (and resets the timer) if you drain. Next time you get to the mode just cradle and let the timer run out and you'll see.

3 weeks later
#14202 11 months ago

Well, if we’re showing off new wall art…

IMG_4150 (resized).jpegIMG_4150 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#14258 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

WOW this really adds an entirely new aspect to the game, and is really neat. Thanks so much for explaining it I would have had no idea.

Yeah, juggling the shot multiplier is really this game's party trick. It's got some great shots and modes, but that multiplier is the innovation and in my opinion the best use of an action button I've seen in pinball

#14261 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And you WILL lose balls because of it lol.

Trying to reset lanes after add-a-ball switches multipliers off and trying to juice destroy the fighters are my two most common unforced errors

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jai151.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=jai151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.