• Pro 130 votes
    27%
  • Premium 196 votes
    41%
  • LE 150 votes
    32%

(476 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

multiball-inserts-small (resized).jpg
Star_Wars_Character_Bracket_small (resized).jpg
FORCE-inserts-small (resized).jpg
87257640_861981904215254_7691088169915121664_n (resized).jpg
87359866_861981867548591_8146660380408545280_n (resized).jpg
86871689_861981784215266_4656586482713100288_n (resized).jpg
F9F2DC74-3A53-42BD-BFB6-E109EA1A999D (resized).jpeg
8E8E662B-70F3-4C1D-9258-260FCC3EB75D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
f5323f174591585d5a9c2793464007c8 (resized).jpg
20200120_191223 (resized).jpg
20200209_170112 (resized).jpg
20200209_161005 (resized).jpg
E141BFE7-2CC8-40FD-BFDF-7680394EE4F9 (resized).jpeg
20200206_152338 (resized).jpg
83796333_118762506187822_5691388423810580480_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 2 years ago

Looking forward to the official Stern releases - feature matrix & video, but at the moment the premium looks like the one I would go for and add my own EL side rails.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

What were you thinking of for your side rails...art wise?

If I go for a SW it will most probably be a premium, the LE just doesn't look good specially those lame rails.

So in keeping with the Imperial (Premium) theme, I was thinking having a laser cut AT-AT with cable running up the rails with a Snowspeeder cut into the backbox hinges.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay I've been dissing it but...
Remember when IM released! It got BLASTED. Looked "cheap", "plain", "boring"...and I was one of those people. Hell I liked it even less after playing it a few times. Now...I love it! One of my all time favorites. So there is hope.

There are a lot of games that have got a hard time upon reveal (probably doesn't help that half the time a low quality unexpected leak is the way a lot of Sterns games have been revealed) but they have gone on to become some of our most highly rated games - SM, IM, ST, TWD all come to mind.

Hi res pics and video plus a detailed feature matrix will give us all a far better idea just how good/bad SW could become, great code with the layout that's been shown could easily make SW an awesome playing game.

#76 2 years ago

Cabinet art is different on both sides so we have only seen half the art each model has, cmon Stern think you really need to release some official images now

#109 2 years ago

Shouldn't the Hyperspace ramp be the Lightspeed ramp? Doesn't Han say "going to make the jump to light speed?"

Been a while since I watched the original trilogy

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I *think* hyperspace is correct. I remember watching the movie a few weeks back and catching that, thinking "oh he means light speed."

Just had to rewatch clips from the original trilogy and force awakens - lots of references/scenes in that movie, they say lightspeed but Han mentions the the hyperdrive is going to blow, so it must be the hyperdrive that gets them to travel at lightspeed!?

So should the Hyperspace ramp be lightspeed ramp? I guess we will know once we see gameplay exactly what the ramp ties into with regards to gameplay and LCD footage, maybe it will act as trench attack and lightspeed integration so giving it a general name like Hyperspace ramp makes sense - ROLL ON gameplay video

#115 2 years ago

I was mainly asking so I can design something to dress up the lockbar button, seems odd as all previous Stern releases, at least the ones I can I can think of, have had a nice metal laser cut plate mounted around the button.

Hoping its just prototype/rendered photos we have seen so far, but the photo with Steve stood in front of the LE and Pro don't show any signs of a laser cut plate, only a minor niggle and simple enough to rectify/produce but its these little details that make a massive difference and at current prices its not something that should be missing.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems odd Stern cheaping on on materials?

You know what I mean Law

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I would be interested if it turns out stern has cut this small detail out.

For the LE a plate cut to look like the windows of the Millenium Falcon jumping to light speed would work well and tie into the overall theme of the Millennium Falcon (rough paint edit fire service doesn't invest in photoshop )

0 (resized).png

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If its a nice glossy black powder coat finish i think just the button will look fine on the le. Not so much on the prem and pro though

I have 3 Sterns with lockdown buttons and they all have a plate around the button, it's nice attention to detail that just finishes the area off.

I think SW just doesn't look finished with a lone button, if I go LE I'll add a plate like above to match the Millennium Falcon theme, just to make it all feel finished and cohesive.

#130 2 years ago

If they hadn't made such a mess of the Batman 66 release, it would have made business sense with Star Wars (licencing probably isn't cheap) to have added a SLE for the most hardcore of SW fans BUT to have kept the Pro this time around so the lineup would have been Pro, Prem, LE & SLE.

This way Stern could have made additional return on the SLE for just fancy artwork and super rarity say 40 SLEs for the 40th Anniversary and with some of that additional margins put more into the Pro, Prem & LEs for the majority of other buyers.

To be clear I don't support or like the SLE model, for the current price of a NIB Stern there should be more on the games anyway but we all know what the bean counters are like at Stern so if a SLE model would have benefitted Pro, Prem & LE buyers I would think okay why not then, it offers those that can afford a SLE the option for a mega rare SWLE and benefits all other buyers with some extra real estate on the playfield.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think when the real high res photos come out there will be items included that we didn't see before. This was a video capture. Stern would never just have an unlabeled lockdown bar button.

There is an image of Steve and Dwight stood next to an LE and a Pro, there is no laser cut emblem/label around the lockdown bar button, I hope they do add something as its a pretty small thing but it makes a massive difference in the finished look.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How do you know what Star Wars PRO has before seeing the feature matrix? All we have is low res images without any explanation.
Tomorrow we should know more.

To be fair Panzer did state in his post:

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will consider a premium but really hope there's more to the game then what's been shown.

And I am in the same mindset, what is there looks good, but I hope there is more that we can not see from images.

Couple of things I'd love to see are magnets under the playfield and that maybe the 3 bank is motorised, those two features would really knock SW out the park.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What time in US?

8am PT = 3pm GMT

#159 2 years ago

Artwork packages revealed:

Pro looks awesome all round!

IMG_2881 (resized).JPGIMG_2882 (resized).JPGIMG_2879 (resized).JPGIMG_2880 (resized).JPGIMG_2877 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPG

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Does the LE come with a shaker?

Doesn't look like it, it isn't mentioned on the feature matrix, it's also a translite on the LE, should have been an lighted/animated backglass for the extra cost over the Premium, side rails also don't appear to be lighted either.

#167 2 years ago

Posted about 10 posts up but so far seems to be the only gameplay video so worth re-posting as these SW threads are on fire with posts. Shame the gameplay video is a little underwhelming and I am a little disappointed there is no magnets under the playfield.

#170 2 years ago

phbooms is right the playfield LCD is listed in the top section "included in all models" of the features matrix.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Does anyone know who's doing the gameplay review this afternoon?

It was mentioned on the last couple of pages of the "Stern announces Star Wars thread"

Trying to find the post for you, but head over there and you might find it before I do

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Still not feeling this game
I ordered a LE but I might regret it

Posted this in the other SW thread but I feel the same as you man but I think I'm going Prem because:

Prior to any reveal I thought I would be 100% in on a SWLE, thought it would look amazing next to my STLE, was expecting it to have lite side rails, lit back box emblems - rebel & imperial signs (upon reveal I thought well okay that backglass will be lite an animated, nope!) basically I was expecting an LE on par with STLE. SW doesn't even have a plaque/plate around it's lockbar button.

Reality is I can't justify a SWLE when it's going to be sitting next to my STLE.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

You said it, it's just a deposit
Holding the LE, maybe Premium
Could make more sense and spend another $500 to fix this thing up
Where it should have been

I'm heavily leaning towards a Premium, because I could make a custom cabinet (to exact Stern specs) with custom art, custom led lite side rails, custom lite backbox emblems and a lockdown button plaque/plate with the money saved going Prem instead of LE.

Make it into a true SWLE to rival my STLE.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Except that those LCD displays cost less to buy in bulk than the old DMD displays.

Agreed hardware is cheaper.

Probably more to do with the programming of the LCD display, a lot more assets and programming required so more man hours is the only increased cost I can see with regards to the new display.

#201 2 years ago

Surprised no one is taking more about the games lighting

"16 RGB LED's throughout the playfield and front lockdown molding", taking the one out of the lockbar that's 15 on the playfield, but where are they? Doesn't appear to be any RGB inserts.

Feature matrix states "5 RGB LED's mounted inside Exploding Death Star", so that leaves 10!?

Then there is part I found the most interesting "Dramatic zoned red, white and blue general illumination LED's under plastics" so I guess the 10 RGB LEDs are all GI? But wouldn't that mean the zoned lighting could be more than just red, white and blue!?

Really interested in seeing the lighting revealed and shown in action!

#206 2 years ago

Look back a few postings. You'll see all 16 RGB controlled lamps in the clear UPPER ARROWS in the lanes.

Quoted from Phbooms:

each x arrow and the arrow above then are RGB which makes 14 plus lockdown bar is 15. the Deathstar leds are separate and the GIs are like Xmen le

Thanks guys this thread is adding new posts so fast it's easy to miss things here and there.

phbooms how did the GI work on XmenLE I have only ever played a pro.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

during modes the GIs would only light certain colors. for example during Shadow King all GI is blue, Omega Red there all red, and during Sentinals there blue and red to look purple.

Here is a video of how they turn on different strings of GI bulbs in XMEN. Simple but effective and just 3 colors, but its really adds to the immersion. Since this will be similar to how Star Wars GI will look I think this post is on topic
» YouTube video

Awesome thanks guys! luvthatapex2 that video does look great looks like purpke is possible as well - which just so happens to be the colour of the Death Star modes.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Metallica premium and LE also (unless you have the total lightshow kit)

This is going to be one title that timebandit Total Lightshow could really enhance and take to a whole new level, blue and white to make icy white blues for Hoth modes, Greens for Endor, Red & yellows for Tatooine and some white (maybe strobes and flickering) with some hints of red and blue - for force lighting for the Death Star modes!?

3 weeks later
#255 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I did hear that there are some enhancements getting added, there was an issue with the death star which caused some delay but I guess it's been addressed.

Enhancements you say? Go on, I am listening

Any idea what those enhancements are or might be?

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

He mentioned about a possible rotating light effect behind the translite that may end up in the LE to enhance the hyper space effect. Although he was concerned that Stern might consider charging extra for it..

That would be great for LE buyers, the LE could really do with a couple extra things to make the price difference a little more justified over the Premium. Although with them already supposedly sold out, why would Stern add anything extra for free, be awesome if they did but I can see them simply charging for it, similar to Bat Signal projectors on BM66.

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

He also said that there was some kind of defect with the Death Star and they had to fix that with what he thinks will be a much nicer presentation and effect.

That's exciting, when the Death Star split open and revealed a disco ball I was a little disappointed, found it kind of jarring, this is Star Wars not Space Balls

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

He also told me to hold off on any topper mods or other stuff until it's done.

It is a certainty Stern will release a topper for the game and I can see more accessories from Stern for this game than any title before. Again thanks for the info djnoel30

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Seems that the distributors that still have any available are the ones trying to charge MSRP or close to it. It would be nice to see Stern add something to the LE models, but I am not holding my breath. As of now it doesn't even have a SHAKER!

I know of distributors that are offering the usual discounts to regulars and they are not sold out of LEs, simple fact is the LE just isn't worth the extra to some people this time around. I was in on an LE and I know of 3 others that where and we have all dropped out. Relaxing now and just waiting to see how the Premium turns out.

My last two LE purchases felt like they offered me a lot over the premium -
BM66 (kick ass topper, bat shaped & powder coated armour which looks awesome in person with the gold flake, my fav art package which is a nice bonus and a shaker)
STLE (awesome led lite side rails, powder coated armour, real backglass, again my fav art package which is sweet and a shaker)

I saw the value in those two LEs, this time around I really struggled to justify the extra ££ over the premium and I don't think I am the only one.

Saying that if Stern added animated backbox, shaker and some lite rails (although it will have to be EL paper at this point I guess and not LEDs like STLE) I would probably jump back on an LE.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

The LE's are not sold out that I can tell, my distributor has a few available still. You see people are cancelling there orders and going with Premiums which in turn is forcing distributors to discount their LE's a bit. It was funny when the FB guy Jared was talking about the game my distributor made a joke on the side "With all this cool stuff coming does this mean I can start getting retail again??" Haha..

Haha that genuinely made me LOL.

Yeah that's why I put "supposedly" sold out, its good to know people are dropping out of LEs, I genuinely think someone at Stern thought they could do what they like with SW and it would sell out so fast no one would even notice how little they might be getting.

I think its great distributors might be speaking up and it would be great if we all did with our wallets, even the most dedicate of LE buyer has to admit this time Stern are not offering much for the LE. But the more we keep just buying blind regardless of each price increase and each game being more stripped back than the last, we will continue down this road until we are paying LE prices for Pros

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's exactly how I feel. I'm still on the fence about the Le I have reserved. Unfortunately, I actually like the looks of the Le best, and I'm just really not sure how I feel about the premium art yet. That said, it's really hard to justify a $1300 difference for side rails and simply different stickers/translite.

I felt the same dude but the second I found out it was a translite and wasn't a real backglass plus it wasn't animated and no shaker I was out.

It is a $1900 difference here in the UK, between the Prem and LE.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry but that's not how they operate it seems. And they read pinside. Believe me. LEs are a tricky piece of the hobby. Most times you have to buy sight unseen. But look at it this way, maybe you can get a good price on one in the secondary market.

Maybe if djnoel30 posts is anything to go by the distributors might be saying something?

And LE's really shouldn't be a tricky area of this hobby, they should be an easy sell, we clearly have a lot of hardcore collectors, if we didn't $8k-$10k luxury "toys" wouldn't be selling sight unseen.

If the LE's where marketed right and had a truly Limited Edition feel (STLE is the LE standard to me its that simple) to them they would sell out each time, providing the game isn't a turd of course

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I understand, but I emailed them my concerns anyway. Can't hurt right? SW will sell out regardless, and stern knows this. Unless people start to email them and stress concerns, nothing will ever happen. A good company reads concerns, and responds. The response isn't always what we hoped for, but they at least acknowledge it. It may be to late for SW changes, but are you going to be happy when it continues to happen. GOTG is rumored, and wouldn't that be another big blow for a watered down game. Effective or not, more voices speaking up will plant the seed. Cant just sit back and depend on stern reading pinside. Just my opinion.

Cancelling your LE spot and sitting back and waiting to see how the (premium) game turns out, is probably the only way Stern will pay attention.

And SW should have sold out already with a waiting list 10 deep - this was a strong rumour from a lot of distributors they had waiting lists, game got revealed and now we have distributors with LE spots still up for grabs.

The rumour that's been posted in several threads now is GOTG will use Elwin's Archer design/layout I don't see how the hell Stern could strip that back without ruining the game Keith designed.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern needs to differentiate the SW "LE" and premium in a much bigger way. Will they? Doubtful.
800 of anything pinball related isn't "limited". It's almost getting into the ridiculous realm of 2500 "LEs" of a JJP DI.
Stern could have done two different LE's, 400 of each.
The lack of a real back glass is a big miss. The ASLE is awesome. Why do I need all 3 for my LE? I don't get it.

While I agree that Stern need to differentiate the LEs better, again STLE is a perfect example, I don't think numbers matter all that much.

STLE was 799? If it was double that I think it would have still sold out. It had "interactive" LED lite side rails, powder coated armour, real back glass and a shaker motor, you could "see" where the extra money was and what you where paying for over a premium, the fact it was Limited Edition played no part in me buying one, I just wanted the cool sh*t it had over the premium

There are plenty of hobbies that offer Limited Edition items and they are limited in numbers of 1000-2000+ and they still sell out because they are made to feel special, Stern struggle with this aspect and as always it all comes down to clueless and sh*t marketing

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Imo you guys would have a point if no LEs sold on a regular basis. But that's not the case. They sell out quickly no matter what the game has in features as long as the theme is right.

That's the problem with this hobby, you have people who are not happy and say so, but at the same time have a deposit on the game they are not happy about, its the worry of missing out on the next TRON LE/GB LE that drives this pre ordering circle around and around.

I am guilty of it myself, but BM66LE and the way its been handled so far by Stern was it for me, quite happy I stepped back from my SWLE, sat here in the sun drinking cocktails waiting for the SW video to drop and see how the code shapes up come the end of this year in time for xmas

But Star Wars this should have sold out 10x over or at least faster than GB.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The numbers do matter to me Jon, that's the whole point of "limited".
Plus it has the game changer LCD. Premium is the way to go here and does have the better artwork and i suspect Stern will learn a lesson from this one when they release GOTG.

I totally get you Ice my man, I guess I am the only one that doesn't give a crap about a plaque that says 1 of ##, all I care about is the extra bling/extra gameplay an LE might have sometimes, SWLE doesn't have enough extra bling this time around, so like you said its Premium on this release which is nice.

Premium buying gives you time to sit back, drink some beers and watch the code/game develop stress free, something I haven't had on my last few LE purchases - self inflicted harm this addiction of ours

And I hope your right dude about GOTG, I would hate to see Elwin's "Archer layout" stripped down at the Premium/LE level, it looks like one kick ass layout and it deserves to be released in its complete form.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Come play Star Wars Pro at Pintastic New England this Friday July 7th and Saturday July 8th! It will be in the Automated Services booth.

Will attendees be able to take video of the gameplay? Or maybe even an official live stream?

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Kind of hard to keep people from doing that at a show.

Great I was hoping that was the case and Stern werent going to ask to have it behind a curtain or something crazy.

I have been to plenty of shows where that has happened with upcoming product releases.

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star Wars club membership REVOKED!

Made me think of a classic 80s non Star Wars scene:

IMG_3480 (resized).JPG

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's great guys! I was hoping some of you guys in the USA would start getting them this week and give us your opinions on how they play etc.
We have to wait until the end of July here in Australia for our first ones.

September here in the UK, so July isn't that bad

I am looking forward to seeing some video footage, with some of us mere mortals playing, some of the stuff Keith and Josh did when playing I couldn't even do in my dreams

1 week later
#445 2 years ago

For the guys who have their games already, how much Vader and lightsaber references/scenes/sound affects are there in the current code?

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

All I can think of right now are the throne room duel and duel on cloud city modes.

On your twitch stream did you get those modes active? Will go and watch now if so. And thanks for the reply good to know there is some Vader and iconic lightsaber battles already in this early code.

Surely doing well in a mode but not getting GC has to lead to "impressive, most impressive but your not a Jedi yet" some custom speech from JEJ would have rocked "impressive most impressive but your not grand champion yet"

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I tell you what, i'll load up the stream right now and show them to you -- just say who you are when you get there and you can see 'em.

Awesome!! BIG thumbs up! I will go grab my popcorn

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i just realized non of the characters can play Hoth 1st mode?

Quoted from another thread, waspinat0r have you noticed this, during any of your streams and time hands on?

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im sure Dwight will get a mode in there. theres so much good material from the beginning of ESB.

ESB is great from start to finish, the more movie assets Dwight can squeeze into this game the better especially stuff from ESB.

For the guys with pro's, I know code is early but currently are there many of the iconic lines implemented into the game?

"The force will be with you always"
"Use the force"
"I am your father"
"Impressive most impressive......."
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops"
"Force is strong with this one"
"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope"
"I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"

Tonnes more that could be put in, yoda quotes and emperor, can never have too much Vader

If you level up to Jedi the Wizard mode so needs "I’ve been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master."

1 week later
#668 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Millennium Falcon added...tied into ramp flasher circuit.

Doesn't really look like the Millenium Falcons engine glow, is there a way you could make a cover, even if it was 3D printed to disperse the light to create a spread out look rather than the spots?

$15 USB charger believe has LED strip mounted behind two little plastic screens/covers, spreads light nicely.

IMG_4057 (resized).JPG

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I was poking through the feature adjustments on the new code and came across this. I hadn't noticed anyone talking about the official topper, but motorized R2D2 and projector sounds sweet!

Cool! Be interesting to see what the projector does, projection of the message Luke receives of Leia?

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here is a slight modiication so that you don't see the LEDs and it's more of a glow. They will be available late next week. It's a great addition to the game, should have come like this.

Yeah that looks a lot more film accurate, nice work man!

#690 2 years ago

These colour changing backbox mods are like something from a JPOP dream. Plus they are just dragged from one game to the next, no creativity.

Make the lightsabers have a gentle Red and Blue glow (a gentle flicker or pulse would replicate how the sabres are not completely static I the movies) behind them and put a flasher behind the centre where Luke is fighting Vader so get the effect from the films when the sabers clash - backbox mod done!

2 weeks later
#884 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. No audio jack.

Weird!? Maybe it was changed to an LE only feature? Can you not call Pat at Stern, surely if anyone can answer this it's him.

1 month later
#1489 2 years ago

From Stern Facebook 25mins ago...

IMG_5798 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside