IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heyitsjoebob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10595 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a smoking deal on an LE. Excited to learn more about this game! The death star doesn't stand a chance!

#10605 3 years ago

I'm noticing on my game that clean shots to either the right or left side of the horseshoe loop very very often in the ball coming down to the flippers so fast it rolls up and over the flippers. I'm talking twice a game here.
My leveling and pitch seem right, I've got a digital level coming tomorrow to confirm.
Previous owner put Superbands on it...could that be part of the problem? Any thoughts?

#10623 3 years ago

After leveling L/R and setting the pitch to 6.2 on the flippers, as well as switching from Perfect Play flipper rubbers to some Titans I had sitting around, I'm not getting nearly the up and overs I was getting before. Can't hit the Death Star as easily now, but that might have just been in my head the couple games I tried out.

This game is SOOOO frustrating but I can't stop hitting start again. Such a blast.

#10627 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Man I really hope Stern builds the next batch soon. Been waiting a loooong time for mine.

If the rumors of Mandolorian is true, I doubt they make any more of these

2 weeks later
#10714 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I haven't played pinball since i was a kid, 40 years ago. But I've wanted one for s long time, so i picked up a premium Star Wars.
While i love the aesthetic, and even the pay, I've been really bummed about one aspect of the game most: the left outlane is VERY hungry, and there's no finessing your way out. It makes it difficult to learn how to even pay the game when you're in the middle of doing some task and it goes out the left... It's almost unenjoyable for me -- I'm essential a complete novice, but this seems like something you have no control over.
I did see someone post a picture of a 3d part that protrudes out a bit too reduce the frequency of the losing the ball out that way.
What is the general thought on this? Does anyone have the file to print this extended post?
--Dan M.

I added the extended post. Bought it here on pinside. No regrets. The game is so fast and the inner loops often return straight down the middle, so we still aren't blowing up the scores. We aren't competitive players, we just want to have fun playing. Making the outlane tighter makes it possible for us to get to some of the modes we wouldn't see othwise. I recommend it if you want to reduce some of the frustrating drains.

1 week later
#10840 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Backhand the left orbit? Can anyone do this?

I've done this several times for sure.

Never on purpose though.

#10843 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The spinner shot right?

Yeah, I have hit the left orbit on the fly with the left flipper, a few times but never cradled and only when I'm flailing.

I have tried to left flipper the death star with the ramp ready and nah, no chance no way. If I hit it, it doesn't have the juice to make it all the way and will dribble down or behind the fork.

I'll try the hyperloop adjustment but I'm worried about messing up what's already working. When I hit the shot with the right flipper its great, few rejects that aren't a miss.

#10903 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I can backhand the DS on the Premium from a cradled position. I am no pinball tournament player either.

Are you able to share a picture of your flipper positions? I'm wondering if my flippers are resting a little low. I'm not the best player, but I can hit hittable shots *sometimes*. Backhanding the DS with the fork up is not hittable on my machine. It doesn't have the umph to get up and hold.

#10904 2 years ago

For those folks recently joining the club, check out this tutorial. It's on older code, but the basics hold true. Watching this helped me understand how to take advantage of multipliers without over thinking it, as well as how to add-a-ball during multiball.

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Is there a way to adjust that scoop on the right? When it kicks the ball out it goes right down middle.

There's a setting to adjust the power. You could raise it to try and get it to the left flipper, or reduce it to aim for the right.
You can also set a ball save, which will give you a ball if the scoop kills you. Doesn't activate during multiball but all other times it can save you.

#10922 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

There is also a ball save feature for the scoop that can be turned on. Wish there was one for the deathstar. 50% of the feeds from the deathstar(when starting mission) are STDM for me.

Mine won't when coming down from the mission start, but if I rip a fast one into Hoth that thing is SDTM every single time.
Crazy how a guide shifting a millimeter results in the ball being savable or SDTM.

2 weeks later
#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from Techie:

Purchased NIB Star Wars Premium 2 weeks ago. Have played over 200 games so far and unable to see Video Mode. Any suggestions? I'm thinking we just don't know the game well enough but tried to trigger it manually, the ball just gets released and the game continues on. Have never seen the astroid field yet.

If you're on latest code, shooting the Hoth shot a few times should light it up and start it

4 months later
#11615 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I don't know... the comic art pro apron has this fine Luke staring at you whilst you play - this alone sets it far and beyond as the clear winner for best version..
OG Art is better.. obviously [quoted image]

Isn't that the piece that goes away when you install the scanner for Insider Connect?

I've got the OG art LE and very happy with the way it looks

1 week later
#11638 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I flashed an SD card with the game code and still have the problem. If you go into test mode and run the hyperspace test, does it always show the number of balls being one less than it really is? One ball says 0, two balls say 1, etc. My theory is when you get 2 balls in the loop it thinks there’s one so it doesn’t kick out another. You can prove this by starting a game (glass off) and start the multi ball. Have an extra ball in hand. Get two balls in the loop, and now add your extra one. The game will now launch another ball. Put that one in the loop and it will launch another

Confirmed on my game as well. Test shows a ball less than there is.

2 months later
#11955 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Hi I modded SW code for Premium/LE, here is the link if interested. It's a music only mod, not video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XHk8HV6ttRf5uPRzT2DrhJnfhOirUh5Q/view?usp=sharing

I tried to do this with some electric rock guitar cover songs I found. This process is SUPER hard, I applaud your work. I'd totally install this if I didn't feel like a new update is coming any day now to support the Insider Connect and may add/fix things like they have done with some of the other games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heyitsjoebob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=heyitsjoebob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.