IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hc2016.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7908 4 years ago

Hello all ... I’m about to trade up my Maiden premium for Star Wars premium . Any thoughts on this ? ( I’ve played SW at a bar , but it’s clearly a tough game )

1 week later
#7954 4 years ago

Eddie ran to the hills to make room for Vader ... Tomorrow is the big day

91C53A35-4EB8-488E-B18F-0ECB5B091776 (resized).jpeg91C53A35-4EB8-488E-B18F-0ECB5B091776 (resized).jpeg
#7967 4 years ago

Today was a great day ... got my Star Wars Premium NIB ... As much as I Loved Maiden Premium , this game is so much better in my opinion... With all the characters to play and missions , it definitely has variety compared to Maiden.

61EF4CC7-9751-458F-A944-549AB7810C71 (resized).jpeg61EF4CC7-9751-458F-A944-549AB7810C71 (resized).jpeg
#7978 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! I have both maiden and SW (pros), and cant decide which I like better. SW does have more to offer code wise, I love its ruleset; and would probably give it the edge for that reason. Lastability in a small collection.
Edit: question, any reason you went with the regular premium over the comic?

I was never into comics and IMO the new comic art made it look cheesy

#7981 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My final decision is SW premium or MM remake.
I am going to play my top choices tomorrow and will make my decision immediately, I want to see how the Death Star, hyper loop ramp feels.
I have AFM LE, aware it plays a lot like MM (rules, similar shots) so that's one point against it.

You’ll get Star Wars lol

#7985 4 years ago

I have to say , I’ve played Star Wars last year at a local bar ... it was a drain monster , got so discouraged I purchased the Maiden .. Especially after reading all the negative comments and all the tweeks you have to do to make the game more enjoyable.. but my SW premium has a date of 2019 and I have no issues whatsoever with cheap drains and all ... Maybe Stern addressed these issues ? Not sure but I’m very happy with the outcome

#7987 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

don't forget to update you collection, did you keep the Maiden?

Maiden is gone Lol , room for only one pin at this time

#8024 4 years ago

Quick question.. even tho I read some of rules I might have missed this ... During Hans character Ive noticed the middle button color change to red .. Am I supposed to hit that as I play during the tie multiball and etc .. ?

#8059 4 years ago

If the link works , this is from YouTube with the topper in action posted last year

#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like it . If I had Star Wars I would want one and yes we know it is expensive .

It is a cool toy , but I don’t get the price . There are way cooler Star Wars toys in specialty stores for a fraction of that .

#8067 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's what people said about the signature Edition Elvira and look how quick that sold out .

Just because you don't see the value in it doesn't mean that anyone who buys it and enjoys it , is stupid or foolish .

I agree .. judging someone on what they’re willing to pay is wrong ... For the collector who has 75k or more invested in machines , 750 is nothing to them (maybe?) ... but for the ones that struggle to have just one recent release , that’s a lot of bread for a mod . If Stern wants to expand the market to another gen , this is not the way .

#8072 4 years ago

Any of you use these Hallmark ships For a mod ?

1 week later
#8122 4 years ago

Question for the ball save on launch , I see you can adjust the time , but if it drains immediately after that save , is there a setting for another save ?

#8130 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nope.
Would be nice if there was a second ball timer for when you drain straight off the auto plunge.

Ok thanks

#8143 4 years ago

Finally got 2 balls in during Hyperspace multiball... got to say after playing pinball for 40 years , this indeed is the best gimmick in pinball ...the speed and excitement is a rush like no other .

#8173 4 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

In the club! Got a good deal on a NIB premium including Stern topper, side armor, art blades and free shipping for $8,200.00.
Manufactured 5/17/2019

Congrats ... my machine has the same manufactured date , kool

#8185 4 years ago

Someone mentioned they noticed more movie clips that they never seen ... after about a month , approximately 600 plays , I’m noticing the same ... lots of different movie clips ... very cool feature .... this game is amazing

#8209 4 years ago

The nerd is strong with me ... had these from 1977 ... I may find a place for Vader in the machine since it’s near mint

F8E4549B-0889-40FF-BDF5-4132297CADDD (resized).jpegF8E4549B-0889-40FF-BDF5-4132297CADDD (resized).jpeg
#8215 4 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Nice collection!
90% from '78 when I got them. Others I have gotten in the last year. Just a heads up, they were released in '78 not '77, they just have a date stamp of '77.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome man , I actually had the ships you have but they’re long gone .
I heard some of the original figures are worth big money , especially if they’re still packaged.

#8247 4 years ago

Question about Hyperspace Multiball... I’ve been playing Luke’s character , going into tie fighters , and I’ve reached Hyperspace MB a few times ... I’m trying to figure out how I reached that mode .. I’ve read the rules , but I think I’m missing something ? Not sure .. any help would be greatly appreciated

#8249 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

You enter Hyperspace MB after making 2 Hyperspace hurry-up shots. You can make the first HS HU shot right at the start of a new game. Shoot either yellow lit shot located at the Left Orbit or Right Ramp to start the Left Loop (Death Star) hurry-up. After making that LL HU shot you'll need to complete all four bottom in-lane Rebel lights 4 times to relight the yellow shots again (LO & RR) and if you make the LL hurry-up for the second time then HS MB starts.

Thanks man .... I need to get this again as it’s the best reward in pinball I’ve ever seen

2 weeks later
#8341 4 years ago

Outstanding mods ! .... I’ll be adding ships (thanks for the ideas) and a better sound system soon ... and I agree on the ranking of this game ... it’s a blast to play , never gets boring , always a challenge... but #40 ? No way . I’ll give it time , once it’s not available anymore NIB , this will definitely be a classic and rarity . I will never trade/sell this diamond.

1 month later
#8469 4 years ago

Playing R2 character , somehow something blew up on the screen .. I think it was Jabbas ship ? Not sure .. anyway immediately after that I achieved Victory MB .. I thought it was only on the DS mode ... this game is full of surprises , have I mentioned it’s the best game I’ve played and owned .. probably

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sounds like you beat the Escape From Tatooine mini-wizard mode. Nice work! Each of the four planet mini-wizards lead to Victory Multiball if you beat them. Doing well in Victory leads to medals. I think you get bronze for hitting every shot, and then upgrade them to silver and gold by hitting them all again. Medals bring big points when you get to the Emperor.
I rarely get to Victory...especially more than one per game. I even more rarely get a medal. I have only fought the Emperor three times, and have not yet been able to bring a medal with me when I did!
Amazing game all around. So many paths to take, all rewarding. Love it!

Ok thanks ... I‘ve only reached VMB after destroying the DS ... and that was only 2X .. I’ve never reached the emperor yet ... Looking forward to that ... I’m really diggin the hyperloop MB as that’s my objective since owning the game ... and that’s rush in itself .

#8477 4 years ago

Got yelled at for yelling “The Rancor” tonight
I can’t help myself , I do it all the time for that mode . Weird I know .

#8482 4 years ago

Got a tech question about the right flipper . Playing the game for about 2 hours and I’m noticing the right flipper isn’t coming back to its resting position. It’s starts out with a pause , and as I play more it actually sticks in the active position. This is only when the game is in constant use after a few hours . I know that right flipper gets a lot of hold during the play to make the good shots . Could a coil be getting overheated ? Thanks in advance for any input .

#8507 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Have you tested the action with your hands for binding or anything catching the release impeding it's travel back to the resting position. That and a coil sleeve swap are two things I do first.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Coil stop broken or loose.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Very likely a broken coil stop. Stern is notorious for this. Pinball life has very good replacements that are more durable:
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Thanks for the help ... I’ll pop the hood this weekend to ck out those parts ... just seems weird it only happens when game has been playing for a long tine ... first hour of gameplay no problems with the flippers .

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's not the coil stop, it may be a coil going bad that is expanding into the inside from heat buildup, which would explain why it gets worse the longer you play it. But I still think coil stop is the biggest suspect.

Thanks , probably a combination since this is an ongoing problem with newer sterns from what I’ve read.

4 weeks later
#8605 4 years ago

SW owners def are Ritchie fans because of the fast gameplay. Anyone consider BKSOR to sit beside SW ?

4 weeks later
#8703 4 years ago

Go Premium , you will not be disappointed ... Death Star shot , hyperloop ... most amazing in all pinball , the machine rocks when you wake it up

#8710 4 years ago

There’s a hyperloop multiball where you feed more balls into the loop .. the more balls spinning in the loop rocks the machine ... destroying the Death Star is another shot/mode

2 weeks later
#8790 3 years ago

May the 4th be with you

CE020D78-DCE7-4EBF-868E-480B3FEFA1B3 (resized).jpegCE020D78-DCE7-4EBF-868E-480B3FEFA1B3 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#8863 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks - I wouldn't typically powdercoat a game white, but I really like it for Star Wars in creating an "Imperial Stormtrooper" look.
I left the hyperloop wireforms as original chrome to keep them distinctive from the ramp returns as well as give the playfield more variety.
While slightly larger, the Darth Vader tie fighter doesn't really block anything except for the expansive (and unlit) art area under it. The angle of the photo in my prior post is misleading, here's an actual average height (5'-10") player's angle of view:
[quoted image]
I added interior LED lighting to it as well, but am currently awaiting a voltage booster to brighten the effect.

Vader’s ship there looks awesome ..whole machine looks awesome ! what brand ship is that and how did you mount it ?

2 weeks later
#8908 3 years ago

I’m noticing groups of LEDS are not working .
No Hoth , no Force drop targets , no destroy the Death Star and many more . Went thru test mode and they’re def out . Could it be LEDS just out or is it a board problem that would need replacing ? Thanks in advance

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Reseat the connectors for the boards and go from there.

Thanks I’ll try that

#8913 3 years ago

Will try all of the above tomorrow , thanks again

#8914 3 years ago

Success! Reached in and pushed on some connectors and all the LEDs came in .

4 months later
#9495 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Just recently on my prem, my Death Star his having trouble closing. I'm not talking about a little gap after it explodes, but staying totally open. Eventually with a few jolts of the shaker motor it will start on it's way of closing. Is there any sort of mechanical adjustment I can make? Something too tight, or maybe a loose spring?
I went to the diagnostics, and the DS will open perfectly. I even took the glass off and made it explode and no issues there. It just seems that it may be binding on something when it comes to closing. Any help is appreciated.

This happens on my premium also . I inspected it and found nothing broken . Just seems to stick and with a little jolt , it closes back up .

4 months later
#10354 3 years ago

Stern Star Wars is in production since 2017
Any other titles still being produced that many years ago ?

2 weeks later
#10409 3 years ago

Was having a great game ... until this airball landed ...

0B350849-9229-4494-A948-565F0785C033 (resized).jpeg0B350849-9229-4494-A948-565F0785C033 (resized).jpeg
#10412 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I have experienced my fair share of SW pro gameplay airballs over the inlane plastics to the outlane......especially when attempting a flipper pass from a smoking shot from the loop

This is a first on my premium . I guess this is expected with such a fast game

2 months later
#10800 2 years ago

Seeing a lot of SW sales , could it be for Mando?
My opinion , Mando couldn’t shine the shoes of SW Premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hc2016.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=hc2016 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.