• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200111_144513 (resized).jpg
20200111_135101 (resized).jpg
Capture.JPG
power board (resized).jpg
main board (resized).jpg
20200128_204643.jpg
20200127_183957 (resized).jpg
C31275E2-87CF-4915-A8F8-A73A3A47818A (resized).jpeg
CD47544B-4ACC-43E3-B1F9-CA630F5D2F80 (resized).jpeg
SPIKE 2 Power (resized).jpg
1GR1 PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
SW PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
swlight (resized).jpg
falcon (resized).jpg
1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider foobeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1900 2 years ago

Played a bunch of both pro and premium at Expo and going with premium. It’s the one my son and I just kept going back to over and over again. It’s awesome every time someone hits the hyper loop and I do like the all metal ramps and habitrails. I also like the theoretical (hard to hit and never seen it) death star explosion.

The one thing I liked better on the pro is the smooth and fast the death star horseshoe(?) shot, but I can still experience it when the forks are down on the premium

#1914 2 years ago

I’m glad I found this thread because reading pinside was starting to make me think I was crazy for liking SW so much when playing on location. I was wondering if I would be outcast for adding it to my collection.

#1920 2 years ago

I apologize if this has been asked, but what is the pinside acronym for Star Wars (Pro)? I see everyone uses SW, but that links to Data East game. I tried SSW, but that doesn’t work either.

1 month later
#2351 2 years ago

I love this video posted on Stern's Facebook page. I got the opportunity to meet both Steve and Dwight at Expo. Their passion was one factor that swayed my decision to purchase SW Premium.

The Making of Star Wars Pinball
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156031620364244/

2 months later
#3356 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Wasn’t completely satisfied with any of the inner cabinet art choices so I made my own.

These look great! How tight of a fit? Are they thicker than standard mirror blades?

2 weeks later
#3616 1 year ago

Loving the look and feel of my premium with pinstadium lights, mod couple death star & satellite reflectors, and custom blades created by twenty84 (info here)

IMG-9440 (resized).JPG

IMG-9436 (resized).JPG

IMG-9435 (resized).JPG

IMG-9439 (resized).JPG

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks Awesome #foobeer! I was wanting to see the blades installed with the Pin Stadium lights. Wasn't sure how they would look with the slots looks Great! Question, they do look thicker is there any issue raising the playfield? Mine is Very snug and barely squeezes by the PS light magnet let alone the blades. No issues? Thanks for sharing!

I was concerned about it too, but I have no issues lifting the playfield. The cool thing is that the pinstadium magnets will hold on these blades directly without the magna mounts because they are metal. I actually left the original magna mounts untouched so that the blades sit in between the pinstadium mounts and back magnets. Not only did this make it to where I didn't have to remove/replace the magna mounts, but it also helps keep the top of the blades secured.

So basically:
Normal with just pinstadium would be side box -> magna mount -> pinstadium
Normal with pinstadium and blades would be side box -> blades -> magna mount -> pinstadium
What I end up doing side box -> magna mount -> blades -> pinstadium

2018-03-12_13-40-57 (resized).png

9 months later
#6238 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I cranked up the power to the kickout and it goes to the left flipper 90% of the time. Every once in a while it will go down the middle, but if I always hold the right flipper, it won’t go down the middle ever. So I just hold the right flipper when it kicks out and the 10% of the time it will hit the right flipper instead of going down the middle.
I don’t have a ball save on it, but that’s a decent option also.

I may still try the suggested ball guide adjustment, but I ended up just setting the kickout low enough to shoot to the right flipper instead of the left. It may not have the same feel as hitting the left flipper, but it's very consistent and doesn't cheap drain anymore.

4 months later
#7045 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

At first I really wanted the LE side rails

I'm in this same boat. Do you have any pictures?

6 months later
#7932 71 days ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Thanks but that is to just restart the game back to 1st ball.
The Left + Start (on select Stern models) will actually back all the way out of any players and make it as if you never hit start in the first place. Very helpful when someone starts a game and then abandons before playing all three balls. (Like kids)

Add my vote for this! I would love this option because when I have a lot of kids at the house, games always get abandoned mid-game. Would also be nice if after X minutes of no activity, the sounds and music would mute, with maybe an occasional callout.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider foobeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside