IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f-2niro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4049 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It still would be cool if someone would create a light kit though.

I am working on it right now to illuminate the LE side rails.
thereafter, I will be able to make a variant with laser cut lightsaber shapes in premium side rails if I am lent the game

2 weeks later
#4219 6 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

I am working on it right now to illuminate the LE side rails.
thereafter, I will be able to make a variant with laser cut lightsaber shapes in premium side rails if I am lent the game
» YouTube video

my system is just finished, you can see here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-sides-rails-for-star-wars-le

2 years later
#9819 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Anybody else have the lightsaber shooter lane mod from Mezel Mods (made by 2Niro Pinball) stop working after updating to v1.10?

in this version, the OS has changed and the computer communication too, the µ controller of the lightsaber no longer recognizes the communication protocol, we must not install this update because the lightsaber will no longer work, we will work on a new firmware version in the course of 2021, it will take time because it will not be easy and I will have to get the pinball machine to analyze the signals.

#9837 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Is it possible to revert back to old code?

i confirm, we can

1 week later
#9929 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Merde, vraiment? J'ai déjà mis à jour le code le plus récent, alors dites-vous que le sabre laser est inutile s'il est mis à niveau vers le nouveau code? si c'est le cas c'est une déception pour moi car j'ai également un autre nouveau sabre laser en boîte que j'allais vendre, est-ce que quelqu'un sait comment revenir au code précédent?

PM

#9968 3 years ago

for those who are interested, I make millenium falcons with a beautiful luminous finish at the reactor level

#9972 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

When I was searching for one I came across this but couldn't find a way to order it. It looks awesome!

there avaible on my website

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/boutique/Pinball-mods-c27074105

1 month later
#10356 3 years ago

if what you say is correct, the comics will be more limited than the LE

2 months later
#10696 2 years ago

STERN V10 LASER SABER UPDATE. The new version is now available for all models: Pro, Premium, Limited as well as the Comic Art versions. .

A control box for the compatibility of old versions is also available, more info by following this link => https://www.2niro-pinball.com / category / pinball-mods / The new version of the lightsaber has also benefited from an aesthetic update to the light emitter which has the same rendering as Obi Wan Kenobi's saber, an operation made possible thanks to the laser 3d printing
May Fourth ......émetteur (3).jpgémetteur (3).jpgémetteur (2).jpgémetteur (2).jpgémetteur (1).jpgémetteur (1).jpgémetteur (4).jpgémetteur (4).jpg

2 months later
#11233 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Could someone with a falcon installed please let me know where it plugs into for power.

there a permanent 5 volts DC on the CN2 connector / Node 1 ( if you dont want any blinking )BRANCHEMENT_-768x576.jpgBRANCHEMENT_-768x576.jpg

#11235 2 years ago

on the Pemium and LE, the milenium falcon is plugged into this 3-pin connector, I don't know if it is present on the pro.
there is no real interaction, this connection is a mirror of the GI, the lighting of the milenium falcon turns off when the GI turns off.pin falcon.jpgpin falcon.jpg

1 month later
#11432 2 years ago

Hi there, lightsabers are now available on Mesel Mods
lightsaber.giflightsaber.gif

1 month later
#11632 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Does anyone know how to reduce the volume of the topper sounds (in specific the rotating sound - yes it is actually generated sound effect, not "rotating noise")

i don't belive it, if you're right, conceptors are really nuts .
awfull sound

1 week later
#11654 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Not stock, but gives you an idea.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good job, it's better to illuminate in red the left side ( vader's handle )

#11657 2 years ago

We can use white EL tape with a red filter

#11670 2 years ago

this is how, in cusset in france about 7 years ago, there was david prowse, kenny baker and michael culver, respectively vader, r2 d2 and captain needa, autographs and photos were chargeable, it was not as expensive , you should know that these actors have travel costs, accommodation ect ..... in any case, there was a queue, many people wanted his signed photo.
on the other hand, on another comic show, Dan aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, signed the back of my proton pack for free, it's cool

2 weeks later
#11698 2 years ago

Hi there, i can't stand the noise of the motor of my R2D2 topper anymore.
I will try to make improvements but I cannot open it.
I thought that drilling a hole will allow me to open it but in fact, no, any solutions ?
Sorry for french video

#11724 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’m sorry I don’t know French so you may have mentioned this in the video, but why did you believe drilling and reaming out a hole in that location would allow the top to come off?
Just realized I missed the entire next page of comments. Hopefully a mod in the works.

It's just a prank video

i will tell you the story of this video.
on december 23, 2020, stern released its latest update for star wars with major changes to the computer protocol,
the lightsaber controller no longer understood this new data and of course, he no longer activated.
I also had a bad Christmas because many customers contacted me to tell me about this problem.
As my electronics are flawless, no problem for 4 years on this mod, I immediately understood that the update impacted the operation.
I didn't have a star wars handy and to analyze the new data I had to find this pin quickly.
a friend lent me his Limited and in exchange I gave him the benefit of the big update, that is to say to open the saber and replace the internal program rather than the additional box which has a small delay in the 'ignition.
this friend with a lot of pin told me that I could keep him for a long time.
to thank him, I asked him if he wanted a modification on his pin, and it is there that he asked me to modify his R2 topper.
initially, it was planned a mini projector to make an image on the ceiling as a hologram, unfortunately, there is very little space to achieve this transformation.
he then asked me if it was possible to include red and blue light in the black eye that I drilled
I know that in the film it is just below that there is this animation but he wanted it in this place because it is bigger, it will not please everyone but it is his choice.
I then suggested that he add something more cool.
on the left side where I drilled, there are two screens that simulate lots of little white and blue dots flashing, I told him I could do that, so let's go.
for now the electronics are installed and I still have to make the replacement lens and I dig my head so that it is almost black and still lets the light through.
this is not a mod that I will sell because you really have to be very good at installing, but if some people want to make the modification, I will share the files (STL and DATA) as well as the diagram and a procedure, there is just a pro mini, a TFT screen and a switching regulator. (about $ 12 the whole)

#11725 2 years ago

now for the video itself, we are having a bad time in our history with this fucking covid and i thought i would make a prank video.
I would never have thought of making a negative buzz and being attacked like that.
Honestly, that made me laugh but I would have preferred that it was you who were laughing, it was the first aim.
I will conclude with this "I don't blame anyone , keep cool

#11728 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I'm curious to see how you will power it. The head can turn 360 degrees. It often turns a full 360 counter clockwise but rarely the other way. How will the wiring be done?

it is very relevant, I made a test by hanging two pieces of string on the head of R2 and on the ceiling.
I could see how the threads were going to get tangled.
if we leave the pine lit for a long time and we make parties, the head of the R2 very often returns to zero, in the worst case, it has taken a turn.
I did these tests before starting to see if it was possible because a small circular contact is not easy to find, it seems to me that the technical term is "clock spring"
in short, if the pin is extinguished, in the worst case it never returns more than one turn, but with force, it will sooner or later end up being tangled.
I tested for almost a month leaving the pin lit all day and doing some part from time to time, it will take a very long time before being in critical condition and when that happens there will be two mono connectors which will unplug with the twist.
at this time, no more screen or light, it will be necessary to remove the head of the R2 to untangle the two power wires,, this is done in less than 5 minutes, this is the price to pay, unless I find here the famous "Clock spring"
I of course asked the owner for his opinion before continuing in this modification

1 week later
#11763 2 years ago

I finished editing my buddy's R2.
finally, the wires get tangled quite quickly with the attract mode.
I continued my research and ended up finding the circular contact, I would never think of finding at amazon.
contact circulaire.pngcontact circulaire.png

https://www.amazon.fr/collectrice-%C3%A9lectrique-connecteur-collecteur-diam%C3%A8tre/dp/B085MG1BS7/ref=psdc_72973031_t3_B085MFQC7X

the real challenge for me was to make a black lens (the one I drilled) which lets in a little light.
after several tests, I found the right formula, a few drops of black ink in my crystal resin mixture and we obtain a semi opacity.
very honestly, it was difficult to implement all this, the rendering is nice and my friend likes it a lot, that's the main thingDSC03411.JPGDSC03411.JPGDSC03414.JPGDSC03414.JPG
R2 in action

R2 alive again

#11765 2 years ago

hi beelzeboob
i don't think that you want to send me your topper in france
but like i said , i can share my program and stl file to print the frame of the two screens, and the list of the items to buy.

#11771 2 years ago

I exchanged by PM with beelzeboob for the process, ( schematic program,STL files, links of the supplies ect .... ) ask for him for sharing.
or, is it possible to put here some files for uploading ?

1 week later
#11820 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mezel used to carry it, but I no longer see it on their site.

this mod is on their catalog but no longer available.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/products/star-wars-pinball-shooter-lane-lightsaber

#11840 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Number 1 is no purple. The pin is based on the OT and Mace's color is just too obvious and stands out. The 2nd item would be to allow it to be on longer, maybe even the entire time the ball is in play. As it is now, it only stays lit while the ball is in the shooter lane (which isn't very long). I'd prefer if it didn't shut off until you lose you're ball. Then it could cycle to the next color when the ball kicks out.

I have made the purple because at first i wanted to do a scenario based on the 4 missions, so the purple for the death star but it was too complicated for the connections.
then I did a survey around my clients to ask if the purple bothered them. sure it's anachronistic but almost everyone agreed to keep the purple.
So I made the decision to keep the purple.
As for the operation, it is not normal that the blade does not stay on in play, maybe there is a problem with the ball loader, magnetized balls can cause this kind of problem, look at the how the lightsaber works on this video, then contact me to solve this problem.

#11851 2 years ago

don't forget the lightsaber's fight beetween vador and obi

2 weeks later
#11929 2 years ago

to change the regulator on the node board, i used a mini hot plate.
it's so easy but you must have skill with your hand and have good eyes.
I heat to 330°, it takes a few seconds, I hold the regulator with tweezer pliers, then I clean the 9 pads (8 + ground) I put a little tin, I replace the regulator well centered, I rest on the hot plate, and within seconds the regulator is seen to solder.
the surface of the plate is about 1 inch, you just have to remove the capacitor C24 (the big blue of 220µf) to be able to plate the heating tool well

node.jpgnode.jpg

#11938 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

That's what I used. You have to be careful with the temperature and the time you hold the hot air over the component. I have removed/replaced several components this way w/o hurting the board (not just on pinball machines). The only reason the voltage regulator is a bit more tricky is due to the large pad under the component that is soldered to the board (along with the 8 pins).
The hot plate is a great idea ... much safer if you're not comfortable with the air gun ... I simply don't have one .

the heat gun is too dangerous for the cards, simply because the airflow is too high and too dispersed.
it sure melts the pewter but if you get the wrong move you risk moving a lot of small components.
it is better to use a hot air station, you can limit the airflow and the small nozzles allow you to focus the temperature more precisely.
I worked like this until I discovered this wonderful little heating tool

2 weeks later
1 month later
#12187 2 years ago

Hi all
as I am often asked, if you have the V10 code installed on your pin and the lightsaber works, you can install the latest version with insider.

5 months later
#12641 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a feeling if you have the lightsaber mod it may not work if you install new code,true last update!

I had the compatibility of the lightsaber tested with the latest 1.21 update, no worries, it works perfectly

3 months later
#13203 1 year ago

Hello
Just finished a new run of Lightsabers.
Program updated => purple color blade cancelled and an attrack mod is added.
Compatible with the lastest version game ( insider connect )

#13208 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Is it possible for current owners of your mod to update the software?

Unfortunately , the new code must be loaded in our workshop and requires opening the handle to access the micro controller

1 month later
#13398 1 year ago

The answer is in your question, indeed the game is complicated and difficult to understand and you can't form an opinion if you don't have it.
The bad notation must be made by occasional players and not by owners of the game.
Me the first, a big fan of this universe, I had played the LE version at a game show and I said to myself, what is this thing, zero!!!
And once at home, without the sound disturbance of other pinballs, we discover with pleasant surprise the depth of this game.
One of the best with the custom soundtrack

#13406 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is ground zero for Theme-Whore-Dream-Journaling.
Pinsiders started mind masturbating as soon as they heard Star Wars. "Force obviously means magnets, gonna be SW toys glued all over it!!!" etc etc. Just the weirdest shit you could come up with.
All these dreams came crashing down when these people learned they would have to use their hands to press a THIRD BUTTON!!!
It basically has zero toys and it had a famously bad reveal video where it took forever to blow up the Death Star & tithe thing malfunctioned actually pretty funny.

it's also true

#13454 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

no part of them can't be fixed!

I do not think so, no.
harware based on cms component, chips with protected programs, and stern does not provide any schematics of control boards.
of course everything can be repaired when you are an engineer and you have the equipment to repair, but it requires a high level of skill, nobody today repairs video cards or computer motherboards

#13460 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Fake news. Go here and scroll down. All schematics are there:
https://sternpinball.com/support/

I had remained only fixed on the documentation provided with the game, Thank you for this precious information.

2 months later
#13954 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Might be the wrong thread

oops, you're right thanks, i'll try do delete it

3 months later
#14315 9 months ago

the best mod for star wars is the lightsaber of course

#14327 9 months ago

the more realistic falcon his here ( link below), illumination of the reactor by a series of LEDs controlled by a microcontroller simulating progressive start-up, cruising speed, impact of laser fire and destruction, autonomous program, no in-game interaction.

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/faucon-millenium/1405/

1 month later
#14405 8 months ago

yes it is necessary to change this regulator as well as the large diode D9, it is however necessary skill and material to desolder and resolder the regulator, I use a hot plate .
it is also necessary to desolder the large chemical capacitor to be able well flatten the circuit on the heating platehot plate (resized).jpghot plate (resized).jpg

1 month later
#14522 6 months ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I don't think anyone has modded Star Wars code since Insider Connected and v1.20 came out. Pinball Browser wasn't compatible with that new code at the time and Stern got pissed that some of us hacked Midnight Madness Multiball and they immediately removed it from all future code updates. This left us modders to just keep our v1.10 and older custom codes. I have not renewed my Pinball Browser license but am very curious to know if you can still edit SW code the same way?? This was 2 years ago.

if this was made by the same guy who made the first version (celofane)

3 months later
#14779 89 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Just joined the club! Got a premium and absolutely loving it. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan.
What are the “must-have” mods for this game? I know this will vary in opinion, but curious nonetheless.
Thanks all!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lightsaber-for-star-wars-pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f-2niro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.