sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8848 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I also think the Comic Version is going to be the most desirable of the releases. It looks cooler and is likely going to be the smallest of the production runs. They made 800 Limited Editions but only green lighted 200 Comic Premiums. They could make more but I think Stern is focusing on future releases.

Is this a fact in regards to Comic Premiums? This game is on my short list, but I was not looking to add just yet because I was hoping to buy it cheaper on the used market down the road. If that’s truly the case with production numbers then I might have to bite the bullet and buy it new while I can, lest it become the next Tron LE and priced into the stratosphere once SW is officially retired.

What do you guys think?

#8855 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The SW license expires July, so if you are after a Comic version, better give it serious consideration now.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

That's what I did. I bought mine in January (Oct. 30th build date). I love the pin. Great layout, code, and art. I've had a blast with it.

Thanks guys. Something tells me a year from now it’s going to be a lot harder to find and obtain a comic premium. I may have to shuffle my to-do list around now.

Would love if anyone can confirm they’re making less of these than other SW versions, but if the license is up in July than I guess it truly will be.

1 week later
#8888 3 years ago

Someone here said the license for Star Wars expires in July. Does anyone know when last call is? Does Stern usually announce that?

1 week later
#8912 3 years ago

Happened on my GB once. I unplugged all the node boards and replugged them in, nothing beyond that, and all LED’s worked again.

1 month later
#9055 3 years ago

Comic Premium? Congrats! Where did you buy yours if you don’t mind me asking? I don’t think my distributor can get this one anymore.

#9065 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I bought it from Trent at Tilt Amusements in OH. I got the last one though. Trent is great to work with if you get the chance though.

I think the dealer I buy from still has a Comic Premium. Classic Game Rooms in Georgia. I have my games shipped from there to me in Redondo Beach, CA because he actually seems to care about pinball. Half the time I can’t get my local guys on the phone so I said screw it, I’ll go with Jason from Classic Game Rooms from now on.

Thanks boys, appreciate the tips!

#9104 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I saw a YouTube video of gameplay with John Williams score how do I get that?

That’s a custom mix via Pinball Browser. Reach out to PinballMIX, for a fee he’ll do all the work for you. That video you saw was likely his, see thread below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

#9108 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I chatted back and forth with him a few times but in the end I just didn't want to spend the time choosing every individual track I want to use, deciding where exactly it goes, and then uploading them all to drop box. I'd much rather pay for a JP, IM, WTD, etc. type of solution, ie just give me an awesome John Williams file to download and install. Admittedly, I'm being lazy but just didn't want to deal with all that right now with everything else I have going on.

That’s good to know, thanks for sharing. And I hear you, time is money. Mustang is on my short list and to enjoy that game one must change the music. I’ll keep what you said in mind. Sounds like what you need is for someone else to do it, and then they share their final bin file with you.

4 weeks later
#9219 3 years ago

On most games that is enough. SW is picky. Buy one of these. I keep mine in my pinball kit. It is cheap and works great (two of my favorite things).
amazon.com link »

Had one of those too but can’t find it. I’ll buy it again if I have to, it’s a great tool to have on hand.

#9221 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I prefer the legit angle cubes as opposed to the knock-offs. I use it in my wood shop all the time for my blade angles and works like butter on my pins.
amazon.com link »

Did not know this was the original, and it’s only like $12 more. Will go with this if I can’t find mine. Thanks for sharing!

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Here’s another question : is there anything in the audits to tell me what the lifetime plays are?

I believe these get wiped everytime the code is updated.

#9267 3 years ago

Number of plays should be like the odometer of a car. Never to be tampered with.

2 weeks later
#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Just joined the club... Now to get it downstairs.
[quoted image]

Did you just get this from Cointaker? They have Premiums in stock? Nice pick-up!

1 week later
#9472 3 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Have a stupid request - anyone have a link to a video showing the Pro playfield with the black posts being pulled up and then locked into place for servicing underneath?
I've pulled apart all kinds of pins through the years but haven't done it to a newer Stern and their setup makes me nervous.
Thanks!

This is the video where I learned. He has a premium with the rails, but it’s the same concept.

2 weeks later
#9538 3 years ago

I like the topper, but does anyone feel it’s a little out of place on a Comic Premium? It’s all dark side from every angle, and then there’s good guy R2 right above Vader. I’m probably just overthinking it.

#9544 3 years ago

Comic Pro art with the matching art blades might be the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen.

#9545 3 years ago

And you have it next to a Mustang Boss too. Dear lord, freddy if you ever decide to sell it PM me. Been looking for one for a long, long, time.

*edit* just saw your avatar, which means you’re probably never selling it, haha, understood

#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Freddy don't sell to evileye. He is a game and mod hoarder!!! Lol

It’s true, I cannot deny it! Have gotten two more games after your IM, what have you done to me?

1 month later
#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Just drill a hole. I see center posts that thread into the pf but that seems like it could fail and stress the wood. Im just going to drill a hole and bolt one through. Ive always enjoyed games that had one. The games is so fast and open that I get some long ball stdm's. My ball times are pretty short and I think it would enhance game play. How much it depreciates my LE? or maybe it would be worth $2.95 more.
[quoted image]

If you plan on keeping it forever, go for it, but I believe most Pinsiders wouldn’t want to buy a game permanently modified like that.

Nice custom sling plastics though.

9 months later
#11543 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

50:35 approximately

That is freaking awesome. The main video, the small LCD video, the light show, all of it. Shame that it was pulled. I remember the first time I hit Ghostbuster midnight madness at an arcade in real time, never experienced one in my life, never knew it was a thing. Such a cool experience.

2 years later
#14775 81 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wow that's so freakin weird. They ship to Canada but not the US. There's a first.

That’s intentional. They refuse to deal with US buyers. Zitt used to run a group buy somehow every so often, but those days are gone now too.

2 weeks later
#14835 61 days ago

Speaking of code, I haven’t been keeping up with this thread, but will soon be a new SW owner… was midnight madness coded back in?

Once upon a time there was custom code with additional scenes, shuffling the end ball scenes, and possibly new music in places. Is that still happening with the latest code?

#14837 61 days ago

Good to know, thanks for that info. I’m in talks to buy a comic art premium so I’ll be on the original hardware. Fine sacrificing insider connect for midnight multiball. I downloaded custom code a few years ago, but I believe it’s 1.13. Not sure if there’s a newer custom code out there as I believed the current official code is 1.25.

1 week later
#14879 54 days ago

I spoke with him and he’s working on updating the code now, should be available soon. Not sure if it’ll include any additional JW music or if it’ll be a straight port of 1.10 to the current code.

4 weeks later
#14934 25 days ago

Random request, I just went through the entire gallery of this thread and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. Can someone with an unmodified/stock backbox please take a picture with the translite removed? Thanks in advance!

#14967 23 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Here are mine from when I did a head swap.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, you are the man! Thank you so much!

1 week later
#15001 12 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

looking to powder coat my comic premium. Anyone do theirs and it came out great? Looking for inspiratation!

This is how I plan on doing my comic premium once I have some available funds to do so. It’s subtle, but I love it for Star Wars in general.

IMG_1440 (resized).jpegIMG_1440 (resized).jpegIMG_1446 (resized).jpegIMG_1446 (resized).jpeg
#15003 12 days ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Ive been working on a couple of pop bumper mods for Star Wars. I don’t own a Star Wars so I was hoping someone could measure for me. Here are the 2 I’ve created so far. They are design to replace the existing plastic and use the light from the factory pop bumper
[quoted image]

That looks awesome. It’ll be a little bit until I can work on/access my game. If no one gets back to you sooner, I’ll give it a shot

#15004 12 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I have a standard Premium but I’m thinking to powder coat mine in sparkly white, kinda like Jaws LE.

If I had the standard premium, I would do the same. I’ve seen a few in white (I believe in this very same thread) and they look great.

#15015 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Has anyone added Stern’s official lightsaber armor to their machine? I have never seen a picture of these installed.

Go through the topic gallery of this thread. It’s been shared before. Looks real nice IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=evileye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.