sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The multiplier current level is always displayed in the top middle of the big LCD.
Red means off. Green means on. If they are red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots around the playfield. Press the action button when you have them on shots you want. They will turn green and stay on those shots. Now all of those shots are multiplied by the current multiplier value.
Increase the multiplier through choosing it at start of ball or hitting the standups under mini LCD. Hitting those standups increases multiplier by one.
As your multiplier gets higher and higher, the shots that are multiplied reduce. So when the multiplier is like 5x, three shots are able to be selected. When you get all the way up to 40x only one shot can be multiplied.
It doesn't matter whether you have the multiplier on or off, you can increase it by the stand ups. The only reason to turn it off is to be able to move it to a different shot on the playfield.
Also, hitting the drop targets down a certain number of times will double the current multiplier value.
Max multiplier is 40x (may have been reduced with new code)
If you ever heard a thumping sound while playing (chunk chunk chunk chunk) that is the multiplier timer running out. Shoot the standups to keep them running. If that timer runs out your multiplier goes back to 2x.

Excellent write up. I had a good understanding already but wasn't aware that's what the chunk chunk sound was.

#907 6 years ago

Got about 10 games in on the new code today. Really like how the code is coming along.

Don't think it was in there before, but there is now a progress to Jedi MB screen after each ball that is helpful. Most of the things you need to do have lit inserts, but it was nice to be reminded that one of the reqs is kill 100 tie fighters.

Noticed some more clips and heard some new sounds. Overall still lacking in callouts but it seems like they are on the right track.

Never did get JMB started, but was very close in a couple games. Believe I just needed to finish the Death Star modes. But I certainly don't think JMB is unattenable. I'll get it soon enough.

Glad they left the option to select multiple missions at once on by default.

Score wise, couple stinkers less than 200mil. But most of my scores were around 2b. Set the GC with 3.8b. Scores seemed consistent across characters. Didn't really notice that any one was distinctly more valuable, but I'm not fully versed in the rules yet.

Good stuff Stern. Keep it coming.

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

My LE hasn't arrived yet so I have one question. Does the cabinet come with protectors for the legs or would I need to buy those separately before delivery of the machine itself.
It's my first nib, so please excuse of this is a stupid question

You're good to go. Sterns have been coming with metal protectors built in for a while now.

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

.89 code they did something that made the Hoth shot get way way more rejects then .87. Really sucks to get reject after reject when last code it read perfectly. i got to say I'm finding bug after bug in the present code.

On the pro I've been playing, I definitely had more rejects in my last session which was on the new code. Previous sessions on older code seemed to work better. Thought it was just due to the mechanical nature of pins but it's interesting you're experiencing the same thing.

3 weeks later
#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

So found this thumb screw in my box. Looked all over the place and can't find where it came from. Any ideas?

This is weirdly common.

When I got my ST, same thing. And I made the same post. I've seen the same post by several others as well.

It's probably about time to start a Stern thumbscrew complaining thread.

With any luck someone will post a wall of text about the history of thumbscews and how quality is consistently diminishing.

Someone else will make a comment about how JJPs thumbscrews are either vastly superior or inferior to Sterns.

Someone else will need to step in and burn PPS for thinking about ditching thubscrews all together.

There will be an inevitable 'cargument' but then hopefully all disputes will be resolved with the recently accepted 'fartgument'

Last but not least will be some Heighway and DP dreamers just wishing pins would actually show up to their houses regardless of the status of the screws.

#Pinside

2 months later
#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route SW this weekend. Probably a pro, but not sure. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?
Thanks!

Some good advice from people so far.

In regards to what missions to unlock, I would add this:

Figure out what the right kickout is doing early. It can be angry sometimes and shoot STDM. If this is the case it's probably better to pick Light Tatooine first so that you can avoid that shot.

Also, the middle ramp can be hit easily from both flippers. Figure out both and then you can have a safe go to shot when things get hectic.

2 months later
#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

An chance the directors cut lengthens the short video clips in the attract mode?

This

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Directors cut is in most Stern games, just a copy from the previous title and usually doesn't do anything.
Back in the day Stern used to program other cuts like the Directors cut but the last one I know for sure is enabled is Lord of the Rings.

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any reason to not install this in a home environment?

Nope. You can try it. Won't hurt anything, but likely does nothing.

#3022 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

At the risk of redundancy, is the game complete code wise minus the mode gripes above? Like, is there a final wizard mode that's actually fun? Or is it like ghostbusters where something happens, but it's really nothing(we're ready to believe you)? I'm interested in a SW pro but don't want to be "Ghostbustered" by code

SW destroys GB in the code department. It's not even close.

1 month later
#3610 6 years ago

Prior to the latest update I was very aware of the drain bug from the DS. I've been victim to it many times on the premium I get to play on location. I thought it might be tied to double flipping to cancel the animations. I found when I just let the clips play out, I got screwed less.

Got some games in today on the fresh code and canceled all the clips. No drains. Good stuff.

2 weeks later
#3847 6 years ago

I believe once you beat LSD, the next time you play it, it is for one of the other characters. Pretty sure the 2nd time you're in it, one of other characters light will be lit up.

Does anyone know if that is correct?

And then if so, what happens if you beat it 4 times? Will it stop being lit?

2 months later
#5006 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Enlighten me on Leia’s Power. She gets +3X during planet multiballs. Does that mean if you’re at 20X multiplier, you’re actually at 23X? Or does it mean her minimum multiplier is +3X, hence she can get to 20X faster? Or does it mean something else?

Asking the important questions

I haven't seen a good in depth breakdown to all the abilities yet.

Lately I play as Luke because I'm usually playing for end game and Jedi level is usually the thing I have to chase.

I play R2 a lot because the bonus multiplier is solid and R2 is awesome in general.

Dabbled in Leia and Han and haven't seen much benefit. However, while I think my scores for R2 & Luke > Han & Leia, I don't think the difference is all that substantial.

#5008 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Funny, I find Leia and Han to be the best scoring, then R2 then Luke. And Jedi Training is always one of the first things I finish, while I'm always stuck with Boba Fett

I guess Boba is generally last on my list as well but I think I have a solid success rate with it so I don't sweat it as much.

10 months later
#7185 4 years ago

Hoochoo Excellent analysis. Thanks for putting this together and sharing.

I think you should be eligible for some type of pinside achievement. Usually rules/scoring stuffs gets posted over at Tilt, but I got here from a link there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Redmond, WA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=ectobar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.