• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 185 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(455 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,185 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg
A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg
D04065B9-1FE0-454F-8A93-CB088F9ED797 (resized).jpeg
E7179E2F-04B1-4154-8362-B7BA84F0C548 (resized).jpeg
AAADBB3A-913F-4A8A-8785-DF0944D271D0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

#1 - Yes, that's a little bit of a hiccup, but for me it would ne a non-issue. The video from Germany showed the ball getting stopped there and it's only like 1.5 seconds to release. You know someone will eventually say they bought the pro because 'it plays faster'.
#2 - Yup, code is still beta.
Rob

Wonder where the sensor is for the ball in that lane. Video makes it seem like it's right behind the ramp. If it was in the beginning of the loop, the ramp could respond faster...maybe a mute point though, as I haven't personally seen the premium

1 week later
#803 2 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Added some ships to the left side. MF and 2 x-wings

Looks good! Where did you get these?

2 weeks later
#1060 2 years ago

PinFever What's used to mount those. I'm thinking about getting some x-wing game fighters and mounting them, but not sure how. I really like how yours look.

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

the ones I bought I actually used the accessories the stuff came with Pegs With Magnets the Tie's with the custom Spades Symbols / even when balls hit them they do not come off / need X wings I do! I will use one to deflect would be outlane drains from unexpected(expected!) Airballs
/ Modfather ones you would have to ask him but look like steel wireform bent to form .

Thanks!

1 week later
#1183 2 years ago

It's here!!!
Plays perfect out-of-the-box. All I did was level it and go. Justin was awesome to work with. Anyone need a distro near Omaha, he's the one!

IMG_3800 (resized).JPG

#1186 2 years ago

Here's some shots of the minor mods I did to my premium (sorry, didn't take the glass off). Mirror blades, blue lighted flipper buttons, and blue and red rubbers on the flipper bats.

IMG_3803 (resized).JPG

IMG_3813 (resized).JPG

IMG_3811 (resized).JPG

IMG_3812 (resized).JPG

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

really thanks for mirror blade pics. been on fence like others. they look great!
still gonna wait for sterns to make sure. but am def leaning toward mirror.

I am not a mirror blade fan usually...would rather have cool art blades. But, this looks so awesome with the chrome ramps and the incredible light show. When you hit the hyperspace loop, with the ball cruising around it, the adrenaline will start running.

#1224 2 years ago

I would like to add a tournament button to my SW premium. The hole is round instead of square...is the button not supossed to be recessed? Did Stern change this to a round recessed button? Has anyone played it in tournament? If so, what was the button like?

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My game came with the button installed. The Canadian games usually have them by default.
Rob

Thanks! It's just a standard tournament button that's not recessed. The picture really helped. My wife and I usually have a tournament going (just us). She's VERY competitive.

#1267 2 years ago

fosaisu I installed the nudie shooter lane protector. Not that easy, but certainly doable. I pushed it back from the edge of the lane as far as I could, but it hangs over very slightly. Gives great protection, but sometimes the ball will get hung on the end of it after kick out (hope this wears slightly and it won't do it, and it makes the ball drag slightly at the beginning of the plunge. If your used to plunging at a certain strength, it may take a little more to get that golden skill shot. It does protect the edge well. Hopefully the idiosyncrasies work out as the plastics slightly wears. And whoever made the new cards...THANKS! Printed on photo paper and they look awesome!

IMG_3819 (resized).JPG

IMG_3820 (resized).JPG

IMG_3821 (resized).JPG

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I can see it's overhanging the shooter lane a bit, that seems sub-optimal. I wonder if the fit is slightly different machine to machine? Or maybe it would help to shave the outer edge down with a razor blade (of course may be hard to do this while retaining the "invisible" look of the material). Could also slightly expand the screw hole size, but I imagine it would just creep back into the lane over time ...

Both are good ideas...you really have to install it to see. The razor shaving is the best option. I will try that tomorrow. I'll let you know.

#1271 2 years ago

Yep. Best to go a little work than to screw up something permanent.

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Cool - I hope you'll be removing it first to avoid hacking up your beautiful new shooter lane!

Well, after a few games it settled in nicely and the ball no longer gets hung up and the added drag has significantly improved. It looks to be holding up well too...have about 50 games on it.

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To install the nudie shooter lane protector, did you remove the apron? Anything else major that needs to come out, or do you have access to the bolts you need at that point?

Quoted from fosaisu:

To install the nudie shooter lane protector, did you remove the apron? Anything else major that needs to come out, or do you have access to the bolts you need at that point?

Remove the apron, loosen the screws to the drain/kick-out lane (so you can maneuver around this and get the nudie in the right spot. Don't have to take it out, or empty the balls, just unscrew the screws about half-way), and remove the divider between the shooter lane and the right drain lane (it's the short 2 screw one just above the kick-out hole). Then you have to remove the 2 spikes that sit flush with the playfield on either side of the kick-out hole. You remove the nut under the playfield on each of these, and then use a ratchet extender to gently pound out these spikes from the playfield...use the heel of your hand to strike the ratchet extender and have someone hold pressure on the top of the playfield to get these out. (note the wings near the heads of these, as you'll have to line these up with the hole that they go in when reinstalling them). You'll have to do some of this under the playfield, but don't have to lift the field completely, just rest in on the service rails and that will work. Don't over-tighten the fasteners to install the nudie or it will warp the nudie slightly and make the ball more likely to catch. Sorry so long winded. More work that I thought, but does a good job protecting the shooter lane and seems to be holding up.

#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say that if Dwight doesn't put something in the code that allows you to shut Yoda the f**k up at the end of each ball by hitting both flippers, that could be enough to make me sell my game. It's starting to piss me off. The cancel only cancels the bonus information...but the little f**ker keeps talking.

Good...good...let the hate flow through you!

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Sure, no worries.
I took a post from my own spare part box, so you'll have to arrange your own.
My guess is that it probably was forgotten in the art/cad playfield drilling files for the prem/LE if its installed on the pro.
It makes those ridiculous auto launch drains a thing of the past.

Wish there was a hole already drilled on the premium playfield.

#1403 2 years ago

Sorry if covered already...what's midnight madness? It's a high score and I noticed it in the service menu (mines off).

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Anyone ever get SDTM with a super hard shot to the horshoe Death Star side exiting the right side ?

Yup. Not every time, so I just figure part of pinball. This game is so fast, that I'm not allowed to play it around children (to many expletives)

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Yea it’s kicking my butt !! Gonna close the outlanes it’s hard enough

I did the left...but gonna do the right tomorrow. Sometimes it drains so bad I quit for awhile, other times I can play an long game...the randomness is why I love pinball. My best is almost 700 million...I'm not a freak player that get 1-2+ billion a game...but it's a blast!

#1409 2 years ago

Working on the multipliers...getting much better at that. Still suck at persistently getting hyperspace hurry-up. I'm really digging this pin, and the update codes will only make it better.

#1439 2 years ago

Tournament button installed! Very easy. 4 connectors, no soldering.

IMG_0135 (resized).JPG

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

What exactly does it do? Never used one
And where to buy them ?

It slightly changes the gameplay to make it more even, player to player. You can specify the type of tournament in the service menu. My wife and I usually do 2 week tournaments with high score being the winner (a small pot of money...like $20). The game will keep track of the tournament stats until it's finished. If you just want to play a normal game you just hit the "start" button. Tournament games usually don't go towards the high score, etc...so if you have an amazing game in tournament, it won't be stored permanently. Just a little added fun and competition. If you have the family/friends over, it can keep track of who is doing best over the others, without affecting the permanent scores. I got mine at Pinball Life. The buttons are really cheap, but shipping is more than the button, so order it with some other stuff you need. For SW, all you need is the button, not the button and harness/wires. There are four connectors ready to go on the inside of the cab, by the left side. Just plug them in to the correct places and you're set.

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Two quick questions:
Where in the heck can I find the manufacture date? And, what are the two rubber plugs on the front side of the backbox at the top?

Lower back of your cab should have manufacture date. I think the rubber plugs you are referring to are just bumpers/cushions when you put the backbox down.

#1463 2 years ago

Wife had the first billion+ point game, and I had 2 going in hyperspace multiball...the 3rd entered just as the first two where released. The multiball then continued, but I was unable to get anymore in there and eventually it dumped this ball onto the playfield..what a rush!

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

What pitch is everyone setting the machines at? more specific, premium and Le models

Premium. 6.5 degrees. Perfectly level side to side.

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Hey guys question on hyperspace multi ball how many balls should I get if I only load one ball? Mine will loop around for about 5-10 seconds and then add a second ball into play..eventually it will release the ball on the hyperspace ramp and I end up with 4 balls. I thought I only got more balls if I made the shot.

I'll pay closer attention. This last time, I had 2 in...got a third as the first two were being dumped (at the last second of the multiball), it kicked out a fourth, because it thought I now had 3 in hyperspace (when I actually had 1 with 2 on the playfield), but during the chaos, i think I ended with 5...but tie fighter multiball kicked in too...not sure how many I was suppose to have, but it was an adrenaline blast.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I can see how a newbie would be confused on all of the rules on this game.
The more I play it the more I really start to dig into it. Seems like every few games I see something I had not seen before.
I think game 20-30 I started to get it so I really need to read the rules here an on other posts.
Thought I would announce it here first being this thread give SW all the love...formal announcement later this week.
We are running LE side rail EL panels as I sit here typing. They will light up the rails as they should have / could have been from the factory and they are plug in and play. Ultra bright white light and paper thin construction. These will be custom made for the application. The run is limited so if you want in early contact me at hookedonpinball@outlook.com.
No money down as the norm with us and those on the pre release will get free shipping in the USA and discount as we have done in the past target price is under $100.
Will add a second picture in a few weeks when proto arrive fro the rails ...so before:

Second shot just my own balancing of the playfield with simple add on details.

Those rails are gonna be sweet...makes me wish I had the LE...any plans on laser-cut rails (lightsabers, etc) that are lighted like you plan? If so, ready to order for my premium.

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Here are some pics of my LE with premium translite and new lit Star Destroyer.
I effing love this game.

Lighted Star Destoryer? Where can I get this...balances the field.

#1549 2 years ago

Thanks. But after searching, I don't see it. Maybe they are out temporarily...or is this a custom mod?

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

So I can't seem to download the newest code. When I click on the download link or the read me file, it just opens another window with the exact same page. Anyone else have this issue? I get the popup window when attempting to download any other game's code like normal, but when I try and download the Star Wars code, the popup never pops up. Another duplicate window opens up with the same page I was on. It's like the links are dead.

My guess is they have taken it down until they figure out if the v0.92 code is killing some peoples fork ramps, or if the fork ramp problems are just a fluke hardware issue.

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Dang should I not play mine ?

I would...I'm going through withdrawal.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

On the fork ramp. I had the problem where mine wouldn't go down even in a ball search after adding the new code. I then went into test and saw there were multiple switches showing on when the ramp was up (one was the down switch). After adjusting the down switch so all the switches registered properly when up or down mine has been working just fine.

How did you "adjust" the switch. I looked at the same menu, and when I would test them, through the service menu, they all said "failed". I lifted the playfield and the switches all looked ok. I even manually moved the fork to activate one of the switches, and went back to the service menu and it showed it as activated, (I think it was 56), but they still all failed. Is there something else I missed (did you do something manually to the switch(s))?

#1695 2 years ago

Yeah, you have to put the fork all the way up (or down) and get a screwdriver out to loosen the switch plate fro the switch(es) and rotate it to make or not make contact. Then tighten it back up and test all the different positions.
It's the standard switch adjustments one hole is elongated so the switch can be made to open/close sooner/later.

Thanks for the info. Checked mine and all is good, but forks still won't move

#1740 2 years ago

I like the shaker motor. I don't feel it's over done, but well integrated...that said, I love shakers in general. Adds that additional sense element to the game. Haven't added my external sub yet, but will...I don't think upgraded speakers are necessary in this game...unless your an audiophile.

#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The shaker works best when you try to pick up multiple asteroids during video mode...
Rob

I had to downgrade to .89...I'd gladly take the asteroids.

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone happen to get any feedback from Stern yet regarding some of the issues with the code?
Examples would include:
"We are well aware and on it"
"Standby, thanks"
"Join us or die"
"will be addressed on State of Stern address"
Seriously, anything?

Talked to Chas and was very helpful. Sent new board and motor free of charge. They are working on the problems. So far, I have full faith they will fix the problems.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Put a plasma pop bumper cap in Star Wars. Seemed like a natural game for a plasma.

Looks great! I installed the lighted Star Destroyer mod from you and it looks awesome! How much for SW? PM me if that works better.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I snuck in the club just to comment that I had a chance to get in three games on a premium on location. Man that hyperdrive habitrail is awesome! I only had one ball in there and it was impressive! Can't imagine seeing more flying around. Game seems fun on first impressions. A little buggy but it was not in a location where it would stay level...on concrete floors. Great game!

On this game, set up is everything. And yes, it's a blast! One. More. Play.

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

yep, something special happening with this pin and I'm over any kind of honeymoon phase, I just had game where at one point Tie fighter multi broke out while I had both Death Star and Endor mini wizards going then a hyper space multi and as soon as that ended a Light Saber duel, shortly after that Boba Fett and video mode, almost made to the Emperor 7 billion with frantic but successful use of the PF multiplier, now I've had many many pins and lots of Sterns this thing is quickly becoming one the best I've ever owned if not the best.

I am not nearly as good as you...but I've been into pinball for awhile now. I have played some good pins, and this is a grail theme for me (so, maybe biased), but I think this will go down in time as one of the best pins. The more you play...the more you want to play. To me, the definition of a great pinball...even theme set aside.

#1846 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Well, crap. I played a few more games and it did it again (ball got stuck). Ugh.

That sucks. Call the number on Sterns site...not 1-800. Chas answered for me (spent some time on hold). He sent the stuff immediately to remedy the problem. They do care, and want you happy, but realize you are one of many...that said, I'm not a distro, or an operator...just a normal smuck, but was still treated well.

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a Premium and regret it. The hyperspace ramp is so difficult to hit on my machine. Watching Jack Danger play the pro and backhand that shot consistently is really irritating. I like the premium art package over the pro but that certainly doesn’t justify the expense.

I can backhand my premium Death Star. Make sure your game is at 6.5 degrees and perfectly level side to side. This is a very picky game to be set up properly. Poor set up will definitely kill game play.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I’m still new to pins. SW is my second Nib after Dark Knight. What are the round things in the ‘goodie bag’ inside the machine for?

I think what you're referring to are the key chains...best use is for the keys to the machine...IMO.

#1939 2 years ago

I am having a blast with my SW premium. I am in the process of installing a few mods (I hope tasteful). A couple x-wing miniatures, the lighted Star Destroyer and a plasma bumper by lightedpinballmods.com, and a frame around the mini screen. I'm trying not to overdo it, but I like making my games mine. Once I get the plasma bumper installed I'll post some pics or a video. I can't stop playing it! Just one more time.

#1941 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

May the fork (ramp) be with you.

Too soon, too soon...

#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Owners, does this game have enough depth to stay around a long time? I like games that have enough wizard modes that I'll most likely never see everything, especially one last wizard mode. That was my only concern with a game like AS, it seems somewhat shallow on rules. Just curious what all is in SW.

I think so. I have only a couple pins and have about 1000 plays on SW premium. Not even close to tired of it, and have not seen all modes yet...I'm not a great player though.

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My friend came over tonight and put the GC score up on my newly-coded machine. Bastard. He finished the lightsaber duel and saw a bunch of other great stuff in the game. Then he told me that he was seriously considering cancelling his POTC CE order from JJP.
But nobody wants to believe how much fun this game is.

The haters will move on, and this game will show its true colors. This is a great pin...one. more. play.

1 week later
#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone know what jedi rank does, besides being a requirement that you need for the wizard mode?
Rob

After each increase in rank the jedi targets increase in value. Once you become a jedi master each target it worth quite-a-bit...but I'm blanking on how much (2.5 million?)

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Now that some time has passed, what are peoples thoughts about the death star ramp, specifically, It is too slow to lower and interrupts the horseshoe shot from the right entry and takes a hard beating from the ball.
Doesn't seem as though many people are highlighting this as a fault or dont consider it to be an issue?

I, personally, don't think it's a problem. This game can be so fast, that it helps temper the speed a little. I also don't think it's a problem with the ball hitting it. I think it's a lot stronger than people think.

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

STERN just released the accessories for Guardians of the Galaxy... when will we see something for Star Wars?????

I suspect just before the release of the new Star Wars movie.

#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

In the US, "the Holidays" has a specific meaning: the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/New Years period (early December-early January). So if you're hoping to see that topper at Thanksgiving (whether Canadian or US), you're probably out of luck.

Agreed. I think it will be around the release of the new Star Wars movie.

#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am looking for a (Armor MOD) for small LCD display for Star Wars pinball . And a (Mirror) behind the back Rollover Lanes "ala" TOM There is one in the market place . It is not bad .
However It is not the one I like the best. I have seen it on a few machines . (Armor mini LCD MOD) and the (Mirror) backboard MOD) I PM the owners with no response . I relay to all PM I get many about my LED conversions . Any way the (2) MOD's look like this . See photo it is the best I want one . Thanks a Million .

Actually, cointaker has both. Just go to game specific mods under Stern Star Wars.

#2199 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen? I have money set aside for an overpriced topper. They just don't want to take my money!!!

I'm guessing near the release of the new SW movie.

#2204 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Don't understand that one. Not based on the new movies at all and they are missing out on sales.

Any Star Wars hype is free advertising hype. I suspect once the new movie gets closer, and all the hype surrounding it, Stern will release the SW add-ons and topper. I suspect they are hoping for increased sales during this time. It's only a few weeks away.

#2230 2 years ago

2,093,959,370. My high score! Escaped Bobofet and hit every shot with my multiplier on that shot. I got over 500,000,000 just for that. Has been a good Thanksgiving. . My wife isn’t too happy. Now I have the high scores on both Metallica (over 179,000,00) and Star Wars for our tournament.

1 week later
#2300 2 years ago

So, way back I posted I didn't usually get high points on Boba Fett (hadn't beat the default), so I decided to start concentrating on making sure the multiplier was going and lined up with the next Fett shot anytime I got a chance to do the mode. Wow, what a difference this has made. Last night I got my highest score yet from Fett. That mode alone gave me 458 million and I had one shot left (if only I could have hit it!).
The shot multiplier is just such a game changer on this machine. You don't need to use it to have fun on the pin, but learning to use it can really add up the points. I'm still not the best player, but I'm up in the 3 billion range for my best games. Pretty sure if I can line up that multiplier right during the other modes I could get higher, but I tend to keep it parked a lot (hard enough to keep the ball in play).

Agreed! The multiplier is the key to awesome scores. I did the same last week...and hit the last shot. Got over 500 million for my efforts...intense fun!

#2334 2 years ago

Done with my mods...for now. I know, some hate mods, but I try to keep it as an enhancement, not gaudy. I used several x-wing miniatures, the lighted Star Destroyer, and a black plasma bumper (zoom in).

38AEBACF-D7AF-4FC4-A48E-67FD24468ACA (resized).jpeg

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks really great!
May I ask, where did you get the mods from? Thanks.

I got the xwing miniatures games pieces (the tie fighters, x-wings, and slave 1) off amazon. The plasma bumper and lighted star destroyer came from lightedpinballmods.com. I can’t remember where I got the frame for the mini LED display, if you search pinside a couple versions will come up.

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from orb:

ive been looking around on here, cant find. is there an issue thread or problems thread? thanks

Problems or issues with what game?

#2445 1 year ago

Updated to code 1.0. WAY TO GO STERN! It made a great game incredible. I love the call outs! This was a huge update on a game I thought was almost complete. Tons of more fun...like a brand new game.

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Can you tell us if the operation of the deathstar ramp has been improved?

I’ll pay more attention, but it really didn’t bother me before. I don’t think there is anyway for the ramp to drop fast enough to avoid the ball hitting it when you hit the right loop...the speed of the ball is crazy sometimes.

#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

there are 3 files in the folder - the "read-me" says to download 2 - - which 2???

Readme is wrong. Put all 3 files in the root directory of your flashdrive...make sure they aren’t in a folder.

#2553 1 year ago

I was playing R2D2 and got defeat the Death Star mode. As I was going through it tie fighter multi ball started. Played that until I had lost all but 2 balls and then it seemed Death Star mode continued. One problem, the fork ramp had dropped during tie fighter multiball and never came back up. I hit the left loop and finished Death Star, but I didn’t get the pleasure of seeing the Death Star explode (would’ve been the first time). I got over 600 mil for Death Star, but kinda bummed.

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I agree, the detail in these starship figurines can be really amazing, and really helped enhance an already a very cool game. I got everything off of Amazon. The Collection that these Starship figures come from is called Star Wars X-Wing miniatures game expansion pack, which includes multiple different ships including the ones that I used. Shipped in like 2 to 3 days.

This is what I used...including slave 1. Really look good in the game without obstructing view or being so big they are overwhelming. These fill in some of the holes and just enhance the game. Highly recommend.

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I added the Destroyer last night, and it looks awesome. Slave 1 is next.

My star destroyer is from lightedpinballmods.com...looks different when outside the glass, but really cool when mounted...especially lit.

#2599 1 year ago

I emailed Stern as soon as the service bulletins came out. They said they would send them right out. I waited a couple weeks and asked how it was going. I got this response from David Carver.

“We actually don’t have these yet. We have just been compiling the orders so we can send them out as soon as possible.”

Hope it’s soon. Sounds like a small price if the get these out vs. a big price to replace boards. Hope it’s soon.

#2603 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Folks; the spacers cost me .99 at frys and I already had the zip ties. I’m all for this being a warranty issue and all, but I didn’t want to wait until I had a problem so I bought my own. Which was enough for 4 games!

What size spacer. I also read about a guy that did his own and tightened it too much and cracked the legs. I know it’s an inexpensive fix, just don’t want to cause problems.

3 weeks later
#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I'm hoping they will add more characters to choose from.

Nope. Not gonna happen. Just look at the inserts. That said...use the multipliers, the characters, the missions, 50, 100, 200 games, you will get it. Enjoy! Some don’t get it and hate. Let haters, hate.

#2851 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely. It seems next to impossible for the diodes not to flex at least a bit during the install. I couldn't avoid moving mine back and forth at least a bit during the install.
Hell, I think for a vast majority of owners performing the diode fix will put more strain / flex on the diodes then 1000's of gameplay sessions will.

I agree. I went to install the zip ties and spacers and I was afraid that I was gonna cause the damage that I was trying to prevent. I aborted the install and used hot glue to fuse the 2 diodes together. Seems pretty stable. I hope this gives the support needed, but there was no way I was gonna get away with the install without breaking something.

#2854 1 year ago

My machine has become a left drain monster off the auto plunge. It’s level side to side and at 6.5 degrees. I took the right wire fork ramp off and got under the right plastic by the plunger rail. I found one 1/4 hex screw that I loosened...but it didn’t seem like the tab it was going through, that holds the rail guide in place, was slotted, just a normal hole. I did my best to move the rail. Even took the bubble level off to see if I could adjust it. Once I tightened everything back down, the guide seemed to go back into the same position. Am I missing something?

#2856 1 year ago

Figured out the rail. I had the right screw, but did loosen it enough. Moved it towards the outside. It helped, but still a problem. I always level and pitch my games with an iPad iPhone resting on the flippers and use the app PinGuy. I had it at 6.5 degrees, but increased the pitch to about 6.8. This helped greatly with the left sided cheap drains from auto plunge, and I was still able to backhand the deathstar. Not sure what changed.

#2858 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've had LOTS of left side insta-drains from a ball launch. Also, sometimes the small loop sends the ball straight down the middle when shot from the left side. I don't think there's an adjustment for that small loop. These can be frustrating, especially when it ruins your current game.
6.8 is too much for this game I think, it will still probably hamper your death star shots a bit.
Rob

I agree that 6.5 is what it should be. I’ll have to play it a few dozen times to make sure. My wife was mad at me for changing something (when he cheap drains became a problem this weekend), but I only wiped the playfield down with Novus 1. Then the weekend of adjustments and frustrating play began. I love this game, but will admit it is one of the pickiest games to set up...must be perfect. I see why a casual player, who plays one at a bar that’s not set up properly, ends up hating it.

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

I have my kit at home and afraid to do it with the zip ties. Are you just using a hot glue gun to wedge that spacer in there then? never really did any type of repair on any of my machines I had as they were NIB.

I didnt use the spacer at all, but seating it with a glob of hot glue wouldn’t be a bad idea. Just tricky not burning your fingers.

#2867 1 year ago

Moved the shooter rail all the way in, and took off the nudie I bought to protect the shooter lane. I think the nudie was my main problem. I gave the nudie a great review, but the ball would hang on it after ejected into the shooter lane. It got better at first, but then became every other ball, especially at a 6.5 degree pitch. I also think the drag it was causing on the shot ball was changing the dynamics and causing problems. Now that the nudie is gone and the machine is back to 6.5 the cheap drains have all but stopped, and the play is back to fast and smooth.

#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I've wondered the same thing. I've never seen it come up, other than when testing coils.

I think it is used when Hoth is lit...to keep the ball from bouncing out of the horseshoe after it hits the back of the forks. Traps the ball so you can choose your mission.

#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from Soapman:

mschonbrun Thanks. I will do that in the morning. Anyone I need to ask for?

The main guys (Pat or Chas) answere the phone a lot, but anyone will do. They don’t have a massive staff that generically answers calls. I don’t use 1800kickers...call he number on Sterns website.

#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My gate had broken on my pro. I called 800-Kickers and it worked fine. They replaced the part.

Glad you got satisfaction. I didn’t mean that 1800kickers wouldn’t work (for all I know it goes to the same people), but I like to take the direct approach if possible. Calling Stern direct has always worked for me. At any rate, I always error on the side of nice and patient. My dad always said “you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.”

#2930 1 year ago

I agree that it doesn’t look very good in hand, but under glass and lighted...I think it looks pretty cool. If you want realistic and unlighted, there are much better ones out there.

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I put in Hooked on Pinball's destroyer and I like it. Easy to install and fills in the area in that back corner nicely.

That looks very nice. If I didn’t have the lightedpinball one, I’d definitely get that one.

#2943 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think they are cool and offer some variety.
It’s one of those things where if you are going to have one you better have a couple different ones or it will get awfully repetitive. I dodged asteroids twice within a couple minutes during the same game and got me thinking about this a bit.

Get the multiplier up, light Hoth and Video mode. Back to back asteroids can provide a ton of points that way.

#2945 1 year ago

Besides fixing some bugs (dead flippers on occasion, diverted not opening in time, etc), I’m really happy. Anything else now feels like a cherry on top. I would like to see new stuff, but am very happy with what I have.

3 weeks later
#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I have dealt with AVLE myself, and that was a smooth player after tweaking it.
I will have to make some serious modifications if I want mine to play like it should.
I had it at 7 so that orbit exits would not hit the top or clip the slings. This meant no hyperdrive backhands.
Now I have it at 6.5, but slings again get hit, and back to the endless drains on plunge.
There’s no in between. Next step is elongating the ball guide mount holes, I cant adjust any more . For 10k euro’s thats just a bridge too far .

Sorry about your troubles. I was having a similar problem with mine...almost made it unplayable. I went into the service menu and changed the coil power to soft...that fixed 90% of the cheap drains.

#3254 1 year ago

Went to the Operating Room Bar in West Des Moines, IA. Tons of high quality games. Most set up great. I own, and absolutely love, a SW Premium...the SW pro there was set up horrible...drain, drain, drain. Unplayable. No wonder people who don’t own it are so hard on it. The Met Prem also needed some major attention (many shots not registering and magnets not working properly). Went to Up Down bar in East Village Des Moines. Smells like a foot, but games are 25 cents. Got a ton of plays on a GOTG pro...really digging it (played at Operating Room, not digging it and $1 a play, so didn’t give it a chance). Tomorrow I will go for more! I know...not totally SW info, but didn’t fit into anything else.

#3297 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Good feedback on eBay as well and several pinsider mentioned being satisfied with this particular mod.
That’s why I was perplexed when that showed up at the cost of $70+$15 shipping.
It’s even worse in person than those pictures show, if that’s possible to believe!

I have this on my machine, and have defended it in the past. I was disappointed when I got it, but it looked better under glass. I can’t defend it any longer. I wasted my money. Time to replace it with something that looks like it goes in an $8000 machine.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Get the Armada Star Destroyer, it looks like it came with the machine. Very highly detailed.

Imperial or victory class? What’s the best?

#3390 1 year ago

I just noticed that this insert doesn’t appear to be used. It’s under the spinner on the premium. I went through the lamp menu and it doesn’t appear to be assigned. I haven’t lifted the playfield to see if there is a lamp there or not. Has anyone else noticed this?

3826C0A7-1774-4C92-9C7C-0917BCF8E3F9 (resized).jpeg

#3392 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's a flasher

Thanks! Should’ve checked that. After over 1000 plays you’d think I would’ve noticed.

#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Does anyone else have an issue where shooting the left loop has a high percentage of going SDTM at high speed? Is there an adjustment that can be made to address this? It can be really frustrating at times. I'm on a pro so my death star shots are all left loop.

There was someone on here that put some sort of tape on the metal guide in that loop. Must slow the ball slightly to change its trajector. I don’t have that problem.

#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

There was someone on here that put some sort of tape on the metal guide in that loop. Must slow the ball slightly to change its trajectory. I don’t have that problem.

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

My premium also has this happen and makes me wonder how many times the glass can take this abuse before it shatters

I think the glass can take it. Think how often balls hit the glass in a public setting, then think how often you’ve heard of a pinball glass breaking in a public setting. It’s a timing thing with code. It will probably be tweaked with the next code.

#3531 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It backhands pretty easy.

6.5 pitch is key.

#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I have mine at about 6.9 and have none of the SDTM issues. Although my auto plunger sucks and sometimes does not even hit the targets. I need to figure out why that is happening.

Increase the coil power in the service menu.

#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I spent some time yesterday making a few adjustments. Thought I would share.
The good. Right scoop. My new machine right out of the box was ejecting ball after ball sdtm from the scoop, or the ball would barely touch the left flipper and end up in the trough. Very irritating. After reading on this thread, I looked at the scoop and realized it was rotated clockwise. It wasn’t square. I loosened the 2 nuts/bolts and squared it up with the hole. BINGO! Problem solved. The ball hits the left flipper every time now. HUGE improvement. If yours is having the same problem I highly recommend this fix.
The bad. Ball save/Auto plunge is still giving me grief. The ball ricochets off the tie fighter 3 bank and drains on the left outlane MUCH too frequently (maybe 25%). I thought I had this fixed before, but NOPE. The coil strength is definitely varied from auto plunge to auto plunge. I’ve tried moving the metal ball guide 1/16” either direction. I’ve triple checked that my game is level. I’ve tried 6.5-7.0 slope. Nothing helped. Grrrrrrr! I wish stern would give us an update with a ball launcher coil strength adjustment but I’m not holding my breath.
Junky

I know the auto plunges strength changes a little from ball to ball, but have you gone into the service menu and changes the coil strength. This helped a lot for me when I put it at soft.

#3634 1 year ago

I appreciate the help. However by doing that you are decreasing the overall strength of all coils. I just want to change the strength of the launcher

I understand. For me it helped the side drains from the slingshots too.

#3653 1 year ago

I need a replacement pcb led for my left pop bumper. Anyone know who carries these, or should I contact Stern? This is my fault, not a Stern problem.

#3655 1 year ago

Speaking of code. My premium has a consistent problem with the ball being lost behind the metal ramp on the death star loop. This happens if the ball goes up the ramp slowly and drops behind it. Once the game goes into ball search then the ramp drops and the ball is freed. What's strange is that this doesn't happen every time which makes me think it isn't an opto problem. Also, a slow shot around the hoth loop makes the ramp drop as it's supposed to. Cant be opto.
Anyone else have this?

What code are you running. I haven’t had a problem since 1.0 came out.

#3657 1 year ago

I’d say opto problem. Mine hits the back of the ramp, there is a 1 second delay, and the ramp drops to release the ball.

#3663 1 year ago

No topper. Just where it will go on their site when it’s added.

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I'm getting a Star Wars premium in the next couple months and wanted to see what mods and protectors people are putting on their pins.
I was thinking for protectors, I would want a shooter lane protector like the one from pinball life (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4130). Do I need another protector for the other side, the side of the cabinet where the ball bounces off and lands in the shooter lane? I've seen the clear mylar or plastic, but don't really care for how it looks.

Some people swear by shooter lane protectors, but I have seen to wear in 1000+ plays. Other protectors, not sure. I don’t have any...and I have cliffys on my Met. SW seems pretty good. For mods. Star Wars miniatures for select ships are good. Check out pinballcharlie mods. They are well made and bring the worlds to life in 3D. They really look awesome in the machine.

#3699 1 year ago

FINALLY! The Death Star was blown up. My wife blew it up by completing battle above Endor. We both had good games. She ended a little above 2 billion and I got 2.6 billion. Yes, I have extended some times, but we play tournaments 95% of the time...meaning no extra ball.

#3734 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Club members, I need help. I can’t remeber ever being so frustrated with a game I owned. My sw premium is a cheap drain monster. I’ve leveled it to 6.5 and perfect left-right. It’s excruciating. It’s the one thing in pinball I can’t stand is cheap drains.
When I shoot up the Death Star ramp to start a mode and it comes back down to begin the mode, the ramp does this weird and poorly timed little up-down thing and throws the ball randomly. 50% sdtm. Completely un-savable.
I fixed the Tatooine scoop by moving the ball guide a little. That’s the one thing that’s like clockwork now (and the only reliable ball saver in the new code).
Ball launch is absurdly random. And routinely left outlane drain. It will ball save and send it right back into the outlane again very frequently.
And finally, the worst offender: the left loop is 100% drain. If I time it perfectly, I can catch a tip of my right flipper, but it just hops up, and drains down the middle or smacks the glass and jumps to the left outlane. If not, it’s not sdtm.
I spent two hours working on it tonight and had almost no effect. I really haven’t hated a machine this much since ghostbusters (I know people love it, but the only ones I’ve ever played were all CHEAP drain monsters, I won’t play it anymore). It’s killing me because I LOVE the Star Wars theme, and the code on this looks great. I just can’t get into it at all. I’ve never been so mad at a machine I own before!! I need counseling!

Besides pitch and leveling. The adjustments I have done or read about to prevent sdtm or cheap drains.

1) move the posts (right and left) down on the side drain lanes. It’s not cheating in my view if it makes your game more fun.
2) adjust the shooter lane guide. Remove the plastic above it to get at the screw to adjust it out or in.
3) adjust your coil strength in the service menu. Yes, it affects all coils, but it helped with cheap drains.
4) I read someone put a piece of thick tape near the top of the horseshoe loop. This caused drag on the ball as it whipped around there and changed the trajectory.

Hopefully one, or a combo of these, helps. It’s a very picky game, but once you get it setup right, it’s a blast to play.

#3761 1 year ago

I like the world mods. Star Wars wasn’t all in space, and the worlds in the game play (Hoth, Tatooine, and Endor) had no representation in the game, except a lighted insert. To me they are placed well, and not obtrusive. That said, not everyone will like certain, or any, mods. That’s the fun of pinball...you make your game the way you like it.

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I'm playing around with my new game. I added the following two Hot Wheels 40th anniversary ships to the back. I used a 1/16" aluminum rod with a glue gun. I tilted it away from the back so it would not scratch the artwork. I like it but I am not sure if I am comfortable with it in the game. I realize that the game does not really need anything else but I am buying toys for my toys.
Any comments or criticisms welcome. Thank you. Michael

I like the tie fighter, but not the x-wing. The positioning seems off with the x-wing going right at the tie fighter. That said...it’s your game. If you think it’s cool and are happy, leave it. Glad your having fun with your machine.

On further exam, I see what your doing...3D version of what’s going on on the background. Actually, pretty cool.

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

The video showed the Star Destroyer. Since everything can come off or moved easily, I am playing around with the game. Although I should simply be playing the game more....

Since you’re asking opinion, I’d move the star destroyer to the upper left, near the Death Star. It would be guarding the Death Star from the attack from the millennium falcon. Man, I feel like a geek playing with my Star Wars toys.

#3789 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How do you order these?

PM pinballcharlie. Or do a forum search. Well made, cool looking mods.

#3792 1 year ago

Pitch 6.5 degrees. Download pinguy app and position iPhone/iPad resting on flipper.
Level perfectly side to side.

Besides pitch and leveling. The adjustments I have done or read about to prevent sdtm or cheap drains.
1) move the posts (right and left) down on the side drain lanes. It’s not cheating in my view if it makes your game more fun.
2) adjust the shooter lane guide. Remove the plastic above it to get at the screw to adjust it out or in.
3) adjust your coil strength in the service menu. Yes, it affects all coils, but it helped with cheap drains.
4) I read someone put a piece of thick tape near the top of the horseshoe loop. This caused drag on the ball as it whipped around there and changed the trajectory.
Hopefully one, or a combo of these, helps. It’s a very picky game, but once you get it setup right, it’s a blast to play.

#3818 1 year ago

My wife keeps blowing up the Death Star, and I haven’t even done it once! Love the game, but why can’t I blow the thing up. I guess I gotta practic more.

#3822 1 year ago

I did it! Finally!! Right after complaining I haven’t done it...BOOM!

#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious about le/premium owners thoughts about the game now after it's been out a long time now? Depth, reliability, durability etc. Considering a premium.

Stern screwed this one up. Empty playfield, horrible artwork, all round boring machine!!!! At least that’s what pinside led many to believe a year ago. This is one of the best pins I’ve played. Speed, adrenaline, the hyper-loop is incredible, jump ramp shot so satisfying, deep ruleset, multiplier and mash button...risk vs. huge reward. It’s a punishing game, but one that can be tamed with tons of play. It has very little chance of getting boring in the home setting and will stick around a long time...if you buy it, you won’t regret it. And the theme will keep the casual player and kids entertained.

#3889 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Good input guys. How about the hyper loop? Is it working correctly now with updated code? Any concerns with node boards at this point?

No problems with node boards, but the hyperloop still can send the ball into the glass when the diverter doesn’t activate correctly. Some have also experienced slow hyperloop speeds...which I’m guessing Stern is working on both. Besides occasionally being irritating...the loud bang against the glass, it has worked great for me. I HIGHLY recommend the hyperloop/prem/le.

I see you’re from not too far away...3 hours. If you ever head up my way, you’re welcome to play as much as you want on my Premium to help you decide.

#3981 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

I have raised this many times and there is no real solution.
There is no adjustability in this loop, i just think this is bad design, but of course no-one would admit to that

I’ve never had a problem. Level, correct pitch, tape in the loop, and the extreme...bending the loop.

#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Mirror blades vs Pinstadium lights for this game? Pinstadium are 3x the cost...worth it?

Mirror blades. They look incredible, especially on the prem/LE. Lighting is great. I wouldn’t make it brighter as you’ll detract from the light show. Yes, there are times when seeing is difficult (escape from boba fett, etc)...but that is to make it difficult...part of the challenge.

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are the must have mods for SW (PreLe)? Any needed?
(Apart from PDI, mirrors, shaker and lit side rails which I already have)

I like the Star Wars miniatures (a couple of x-wings, tie fighters, and a Slave 1). I have also really liked the mods from pinballcharlie. I think they add the part missing in the toys...the worlds. Check out the new versions. All lit and really look good IMO.

1 week later
#4127 1 year ago

I’ve been having trouble backhanding the Death Star. All was level, and the pitch perfect. I cleaned the playfield today (didn’t wax it). Now I can backhand it no problem. The dirty playfield must have had just enough friction to affect the ball speed. Such a picky game, but so much fun. Huge blizzard today, so nothing to do but play pins!

2 weeks later
#4244 1 year ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I picked up an LE yesterday and the seller included these toys that he bought for it but never installed. Does anyone have a link to a good way/place to install them in an LE? Thanks.

Here’s a pic of my prem. I tried to put a tie fighter near the outlines, but the ball destroyed it with a ball strike. Zoom in. I don’t have a lot of ships, but those locations seem to be fairly safe from ball strikes.

6E670B5A-38B4-4343-9176-3E28E8E96D51 (resized).jpeg

#4291 1 year ago

Stern fail. A while back someone suggested this as a shooter rod...the robot that R2 and C3PO talk to at the door of Jabbas palace. PLEASE, PLEASE one of the modders out there do this! You have an instant buy from me.

9FA299CE-DB51-4CC9-9F50-003499F5C041 (resized).png

#4339 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Going back and forth between a Pro and Premium for purchase. Is the cost of the Falcon Toy/HyperDrive/Exploding Death Star worth the 1500-2000 price difference? Does it change the game flow at all?

I have the premium and would highly recommend it. That said, I haven’t played the pro. The MF, you can add to the pro, the Death Star is really cool when you blow it up (this has gotten a lot of sh!t on pinside...but it’s very satisfying when you do it). The hyperdrive is incredible. This is worth the money IMO. Play both and you decide. But play one that is setup correctly.

#4357 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I haven't seen Midnight Madness again since .91 code. I am not sure if its because it's been removed, or if its because I don't usually play the game that late at night... but for anybody who has not seen what the mode looks like, here's is a clip of it in action » YouTube video

I hadn’t seen that before. That looked so fun! Why on earth would they take that out?

#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Why would Disney care? Are they really gonna be micromanaging this from now on?

I think they have been micromanaging this all along. I’m curious how much better this machine would have been if they had to stay hands off. That said, Stern Has done a great job and the game is a blast! Unfortunately, Stern has taken a lot of crap for the short falls, which I think was Disney meddling in the background (people love to be in charge, even if they have no idea how it works...ie Disney vs pinball creation/implementation). I fear the topper was suppose to be a cool R2D2 with a projector (see early code), but Disney has squashed the ideas so much that we will never see more than a cardboard cutout.

#4408 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To be clear you don’t need to add the fan to protect the power supply - it’s just a nice upgrade if you don’t like the sound of the loud fan cycling.

It doesn’t bother me... the original fan. But, options are always good...thus pinsiders helping eachother. Add the additional fan if the noise bothers you. As with all mods, it’s your game.

#4491 1 year ago

Here’s my topper. The head even moves!

F7F78ED3-CE2F-4D86-9462-4FB93F97A6F2 (resized).jpeg

#4494 1 year ago

One thing is missing. Midnight madness.

#4499 1 year ago

Finally! Blew up the whole Death Star (R2D2). Man that was fun! Messed up on 3rd ball and ended with a 2 billion point game. What a rush!!

#4506 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have owned this machine almost 2 months and no Death Star yet.

Took me 9 months before I did it. Yup, I’m not a good player, but I love playing.

#4528 1 year ago

Both wife and I got three in the hyperloop on our first game with the new code. Really a great code update! Polished an already awesome game. Still hoping for the return of midnight madness, but with the topper motor option in the service menu...I can’t wait to see the topper!

#4532 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Has anyone checked to confirm no midnight madness?

I guess I wasn’t looking for it specifically. I was more interested in confirming the topper motor service menu (it’s there!). I did go through the menus though and make the adjustment I like, and didn’t notice it.

#4536 1 year ago
Quoted from Jgel:

New issue. When I select a mission and I pick two with Endor Speederbike being the first. When I hit both flippers to skip the videos, it freezes and releses the ball but the flippers are dead and the ball drains. Happened 4 out of 20 games last night.

Is this the newest code?

#4554 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

new topper...what do you think?

If it lights up and rotates/moves, I’ve got $500.

#4610 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

My bash button started squeaking. Are there any upgraded versions of it, which don't end up like that after a few hundred tie fighters shot?

Get some spray silicone and spray a little on the cloth. Wipe it on the edge of the button. Not sure if they make a “squeak less” button.

#4627 1 year ago

Ok I will admit straight up that I have NO patience...
Having said that, ...
This is absolutely F-ing ridiculous! Where is the god damn topper???

Let the hate flow through you.

#4667 1 year ago

I have definitely found that a clean, waxed playfield make SW play much better. Uber fast, but easier to hit the hard shots, especially the Death Star. I like a clean playfield, but SW really plays better if you do it regularly.

1 week later
#4760 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dumb question here...
Finally made it through escape from boba fett and was so busy looking for the next shot that I missed everything that was happening on mini lcd and main display.
Was something cool supposed to happen that I missed?

I’ve escaped fro Boba Fett 3 times. Such a rush, and so intense that I don’t know what was going on on the mini lcd either.

#4803 1 year ago

When my game ends, it sometimes just shows the tie fighter screen on the main screen. It doesn’t change until I start the next game. I thought this was a glitch, but updated codes haven’t fixed this. Am I missing someway to get it off that screen.

#4805 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tie fighter screen? you mean what's usually on the mini-screen?

It’s the “Tie Fighter Assault” screen. The one that is up when you are killing tie fighter with the mash button...on the main lcd. Little lcd is stuck too.
image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg
#4807 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine's never shown that on the main screen. Sounds like you have some sort of issue.

It’s only 1 our 20 games or so. Hopefully it goes away with the next update.

#4809 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would try completely reinstalling the 1.03 update. Re-download at and do a thorough install.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

#4835 1 year ago

6.5 degree pitch. Level side to side. Adjust the metal shooter lane guide. Learn to plunge at the right spot. If it’s not to your liking...sell. Otherwise, IMHO, a blast to play! Stern got SW right. Even Met Super, Super skill shot is hard. But it’s great when you hit it.

1 week later
#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Question about the multiplier Lanes, should there always be three lanes lit?

Nope. As the multipier goes up the number of lighted x’s will decrease. With high multipliers there is only 1 lit.

#5054 1 year ago

I keep spending the money earmarked for the damn topper! First a color DMD for my Met Pro and now an Apple Watch. I’m afraid expectations are so high now that it won’t ever come out...because Stern knows what we expect after waiting so long.

#5057 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

The topper is just a big R2-D2 on top that beeps and turns it's head, no?

Nobody knows if it moves, lights up, or makes noise. It really will depend how interactive it is as to what’s going on in the game. A plexiglass cut out of R2 that backlit with a few leds will be a huge fail.

1 week later
#5150 1 year ago

One of the green leds on the deathstar went out today. . I have a call in to Stern to get a new Superlaser assembly. Looks like it should be pretty easy to replace.

#5152 1 year ago

A while back I posted about my screen (main and mini) getting stuck on tie fighter assault when my game ended. It seemed at random, but I figured it out. If I drain my last ball during tie fighter assault, only when I’m playing tournament (I have a tournament button on my machine). In normal play, it doesn’t do it. My wife and I almost always play tournament (yes, we are that competitive). Has anyone experienced this (those that play tournaments)? Updating code doesn’t fix it.

#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Are they gonna warranty that?

Not sure. I will know more tomorrow. I got disconnected from Dorothy and left a message, but she hasn’t called back.

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Topper info Finally!
I have hyperspace mb question. It seems like I can only get 3 balls in at once on the le version is this true?

I have a prem...game play same as LE...I’ve had four. I’m guessing if your a pinball wizard, 6 is possible.

#5166 1 year ago

Not bad for tournament play...no extra balls. Missed blowing up the deathstar though . Wife isn’t too happy, she had a bad game.

F57AE44C-9D5A-4569-B9F2-D621EAB178CC (resized).jpeg
#5173 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

My fear is that Disney won't like a toy that can light up, spin its head and make noise because people will be buying them who don't even have the pinball machine.

I don’t think this is a concern. I’m guessing the game is needed to run the topper...integrated into the code of the game.

#5176 1 year ago

I need some help. One of the green LEDs on the deathstar went out. I need a Superlaser Assembly (a small board that is mounted inside the deathstar with the LEDs on it). Part #511-9972-00. The game is 10 months old. I contacted Dorothy Brown from Stern. I’ve always been treated well by Stern. She had me contact Betson Imperial. When I called them, they acted like I was an operator or distributor. Wanted me to set up an account. When I explained I was just a guy who likes pinball and has a couple HUO games, they said I could make a one time purchase with a credit card, but they would have to send me a form to fill out first. I have contacted Stern again to see if the is the correct way to get the part. I then googled the part to see if I could find it on the Internet....I found one on eBay $199.99 Really! I’ve read the complaints about Spike/Spike 2, and how expensive the node boards are, but this is not a node board...it’s just a small array of LEDs. I hope Stern continues to come through for me. Or are there any pinsiders who have other ideas or sources?

#5179 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Why not contact the distributor you bought the game from? Or is it second hand?
Rob

Thought about that. Small distributor, but great guy. I’ve been talking to terry at pinballLife. I thought the bigger distors might have it in stock, but they don’t. Terry said he will know price mid next week. I really was hoping to just get it direct from Stern, but no luck. Hopefully this small array of leds isn’t $200.

#5185 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Why isn’t this being covered under warranty?

I didn’t think Stern covered much after 3 months...unless they felt like it.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Contact your distributor, see if they can get you warranty coverage before you open your wallet.

I think you’re right. I’ll contact him before opening my wallet. I thought it might be a $20-$30 part, but it’s looking like a lot more.

#5189 1 year ago

I too have had good luck with Stern. I was one who received a replacement field for my Met Pro due to ghosting. I totally agree, being polite is very important. I contacted my distro and he is on it. I should have started with him. I’m just used to contacting Stern directly, but this time was referred to a third party. Thanks for everyone’s help/input.

Doug

#5213 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I finally did it! First time to Jedi MB and I defeated the Emporer! I really never thought I would get there - what an epic game. Missed out on destroying the main Death Star though. I was doing great with the multiplier the whole game.

That’s a massive score! Well done.

#5237 1 year ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Anyone have a straight up reboot during a game? had a weird one with the hyperspace look running (premium)

Mine wasn’t rebooting, but kept tilting last night. At first I thought it was my shaker (never had a problem in the past). It was almost every ball. Then realized my wife had put the manual (which I had out), on top of the coin box. The manual shifted and was causing the tilt bob to trigger a tilt at the slightest movement. I have 50 people coming over this weekend...glad it was an easy fix! If yours keeps rebooting, try reinstalling the code.

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from monte_:

I noticed now for months that there are tines when the ball is going slow around the hyperloop and many times cant even make it around the full 4 times. When i test the hyperloop in the testing mode the balls start slow for 10 seconds and then start whizzing around very fast. I will let the hyperloop run in test mode for a minute or two and it will run perfectly and the balls will go very fast. After doing that, the game will play great until i shut it off and play it the next day. It almost seems like the hyperloop has to warm up. Any explanation for this?

Sorry. No explanation. Mine doesn’t do this. Sounds like a bad magnet in the hyperloop.

#5307 1 year ago

I don’t get all the hate on LSD and the video mode. It’s kinda weird to want to skip modes/challenges to get to a certain part of the game. If you want to get to that point, just take the glass off and trigger the shots manually. When you get to the point you want, hold the ball, replace the glass, and continue to play. If the above sounds like cheating...it is. I think both modes...in fact all modes of SW are great, and if it takes me 10 years to beat it by playing the modes as they were meant...sounds like a challenge...bring it on.

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm not trying to get past them, I'm trying to do other things that are more fun, like destroying the death star, and they get in the way

I think destroying the Deathstar should be difficult to do. If I could pop it open too often, it’d get boring. I’ve done it a half dozen times or so in both Endor and the whole Deathstar. Since it’s hard to do, sure feels great when you get there. I really want to load the hyperloop with all six balls, but I guess I just need to play better

#5328 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Video mode is okay, but feels really pointless (mundane) if you have 1x or 2x for example. No extra ball or other bonus to find in the asteroid field....
LSD really could use the Ben speech like: "Only a master of Evil Darth!".
Rob

I do agree with both of these. I think the video mode is awesome with a high multiplyer, but 1x or 2x...really sucks. Drives me nuts when I increase the multiplyer, hit the video mode, and then find out that that increase decreased my arrows...thus making it a 1x.

LSD would be cool with more speech, but I do love the light show. Plus, if you practice, you can clear it pretty quick.

#5330 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can you all tell me what the “level” indicator on video mode means? I know what the multiplier means but not sure about level

??

#5332 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It goes up each time you play video mode. Higher scoring, I think it goes 1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc

I’ll have to pay attention next time. This is what I like about SW...always more to learn.

#5352 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, Ive been playing my Star Wars more and more and more. Its actually a pretty amazing game! Im glad I didn't sell it, I was about to because I was getting frustrated.. but took it off pinside classifieds once I actually figured out what was going on. But I still dont get some of the modes. So if I do r2d2, do the bunker, destroy it, then I get battle over endor. Then I only get one chance to destroy death star?? If Loose ball there is no way to try again? Also is there a death star trench run or not?
Thanks

One chance...yes and no. In Endor, try to stack with Tie Fighter multiball. Also, complete the force targets during Battle above Endor and add a ball (the mash button will blink Orange...hold this for 2 seconds to get a 3rd ball). The DS trench run is when you go after the Death Star in Death Star mode...Endors Death Star isn’t a complete Death Star per the movie (Return of the Jedi). If you fail to get TF MB or add a ball while in battle above Endor, you will only have one chance. If you drain the second ball...it’s all over.

#5356 1 year ago

Knowing the movies really helps with understanding the game. The more you understand the game, the more fun you will have...instead of just monkey flipping and bashing things. The later can be done, but it will loose its luster quickly. IMHO