• Pro 112 votes
    26%
  • Premium 169 votes
    40%
  • LE 142 votes
    34%

(423 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,020 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EB72A4DD-B9BC-474C-A87F-2C846A7E07FD (resized).jpeg
IMG_4231 (resized).JPG
IMG_4234 (resized).JPG
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
2692C23F-B881-4C21-BC6E-F7CB8B341FD2 (resized).jpeg
977C9F4A-6D5E-40E6-B843-15D49E642975 (resized).jpeg
6572FD4A-2C9D-490A-8DD3-936CC7DD1656 (resized).jpeg
6EA53F58-AABC-404C-84ED-ED02DBEBB54B (resized).jpeg
20190413_175802 (resized).jpg
SWPro_basement2 (resized).JPG
LukeChampion (resized).JPG
DeathstarEntry (resized).png
56412421_2336110289743783_4351594476997705728_n (resized).jpg
20190407_181947 (resized).jpg
SW Pinball BEFORE (small) (resized).jpg
SW playfield plus (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#956 1 year ago

I am planning on a Feb/March purchase of a premium. I am thinking the issues will be worked out by then.

1 week later
#1042 1 year ago

What is the consensus of using chrome balls in SW? Has any one experienced any problems with ball magnetism due to the accelerator in the hyper loop? Too early to know?

2 months later
#2221 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also, if the LE you play on location is at Coin Op in the Gaslamp, that thing is a broken POS. The operator needs to fix it. I have played it a few times and it is the worst example of Star Wars I have seen.

I was there a few days ago and it was working fine for me.

2 months later
#3172 1 year ago

Where are the decorative blades available? They are sold out. Also, can one buy an oem plastics set? For a Premium.

#3181 1 year ago

I will probably go with mirrors. But I do want to get a set of spare plastics.

1 week later
#3346 1 year ago

With regards to the Armada Star Destroyer figure, has anyone opened this up so lighting or fiber optics can be added? That would be the finishing touch.

1 week later
#3481 1 year ago

Deleted

#3561 1 year ago

Will the Premium /LE hyper drive loop magnetize chrome balls?

#3576 1 year ago

Let me ask again-
Will the Premium /LE hyper drive loop magnetize chrome balls?

#3590 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any game with magnets will eventually. Since it doesn't stop and hold the ball it probably will take longer to magnetize them. As many metal ramps as are in this game the balls will probably need changing long before they are magnetized.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

#3680 1 year ago

Updated to 1.01 and the hyperloop diverter bounced the ball into the glass. Not every time, but it did it.

#3727 1 year ago

Can someone please direct me to the guy who made the cool instruction cards?

#3742 1 year ago

They are behind the death star. Pull the playfield forward. I had a set screw come loose and the arm disconnected. 5 min fix.

#3756 1 year ago

What would be the consequences of removing the power supply cover completely? Would electrical noise interfere with machine operation?

#3783 1 year ago

You don't want it too close to the Death Star.. What if you actually blow it up?

#3793 1 year ago

Chuck, the pitch seem very sensitive on this pin. Try different angles. I still get SDTM sometimes shooting the left to right inner loop. I never got the orbit drains, though.

#3834 1 year ago

As far as code goes, the Hyperdrive diverter issue needs to be addressed.

#3853 1 year ago

I added a shaker motor to my Premium and there was a squeak in the cabinet when it went off. Turned out there was no clearance between the hyper space accelerator chute exit and metal support bracket in the cabinet. I filed away about a millimeter from the cabinet support and all is good. This also quieted down the action of the hyperloop. Make sure there is clearance here.

IMG_20180328_171043 (resized).jpg

#3859 1 year ago

The Hyper drive diverter should never launch the ball into the glass. So, I don't think all the bugs are worked out yet.

#3862 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The probably don’t want a C&D letter from Stern. Or Disney. Disney takes that stuff seriously.

Here is an example of a copyright holder withholding creativity. Disney owns it and can stall all they want.

#3891 1 year ago

I am very glad I went with a Premium. The extra features are totally worth it, plus it will pay back in trade/resale should you ever have to part with it. I will echo what has been said- it is making me a better player and who would have expected that out of a pin? The flow is awesome and you better get your shots right or you will burn.

#3912 1 year ago

I have the one from Pinball Life. After I installed it I read all about the compatibility issues of the Sam Shaker motors and fried Spike node boards. Glad that was worked out.

#3993 1 year ago

I don't have a real problem with the SDTM cheap drains, but the left outlane is really brutal even after lowering the post.

#4016 1 year ago

I tried that and I will agree. The speed difference throughout the game is negligible.

#4040 1 year ago

The Armada Destroyer looks like it belongs in there. Everyone who has seen mine agrees.

#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Where are you getting these and how are they mounted?

I got the idea from Pinsider chipscott, who deserves the credit. See posts 2512, 2532 and 2540.

#4055 1 year ago

If the distributor won't help you, I would just check the switches. There are 3. The ramp has 3 positions.

#4063 1 year ago

Sounds about right.

#4076 1 year ago

I would like to quiet down the power supply fan or change the cooling solution completely. What is the best mod for this? The fan is at the top of the power supply and turns on periodically despite placing another quieter, always-on fan on top of it.

#4082 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m in the same boat.

I was searching and I came up with a thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-cooling-mod-for-kiss-wwe

#4086 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I did the larger auxiliary fan mod for mine a couple of weeks ago and the Stern PSU internal fan has not come on since. Is your auxiliary fan in pull mode above the PSU, i.e. pulling the air out of the PSU??
Here is a pic of mine installed, with a link to the fan used:

amazon.com link »

Yes, it is pulling air out. The stock fan comes on, but not as often, so the extra fan is helping. I would like to fabricate a cover or possibly obtain another cover so I could mount a silent 80mm fan blowing continuously into the power supply at the bottom and dispose of the small fan at the top and add some vent holes or slots. I don't want to hack into the existing power supply cover just yet. . I am sure that there would be plenty of cooling with that setup. All I need to get would be the power supply cover.

#4097 1 year ago

I saw those but before I pop for them I would really need to see how they look installed.

#4117 1 year ago

Check the alignment of the auto launch fork. It sounds like it is not centered.

#4133 1 year ago
Quoted from Dirtnap73:

Is there a safe way to adjust this? I checked the auto launcher under the play field and couldn't tell if there was a way to center it towards the right. Thanks for any additional help that can be provided.

If it is off, maybe try tweaking it a bit left or right. There is no adjustment under the playfield. Make sure that there is no excess side to side play in the mechanism. The two "prongs" should contact the ball at the same time to ensure a straight launch.

#4151 1 year ago
Quoted from monte_:

How can you adjust flipper strength on the machine? What settings do i go to?

Standard adjustments>coil power. The adjustment affects all coils. There is no adjustment just for the flippers.

#4163 1 year ago

What works for me is hitting the right ramp or left orbit at the start of the game which starts the Hyperspace hurry up. Shoot the hurry up. On the next ball, select hyperspace Hurryup (Han or Luke). Hit the hurry up again. One more time will give you the Hyperspace multiball opportunity.

#4172 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

10 days or less until code update.

This assumes that it is released on time. I am gonna wait a couple of weeks after to see how it goes.

#4183 1 year ago
Quoted from Brian541:

A day of firsts for me after owning my premium for about a month I finally got to see the hyperloop work after replacing the node board that drives the fork ramp.Then I got to see my game freeze up and reboot itself in the middle of a customers game.I really hope this game doesn't keep having gremlins,Praying this new software update will get me some trouble free operation for awhile.

Check that the SD card is secure on the motherboard.

#4201 12 months ago

Just heard about this-
http://www.betson.com/marketing/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf?mc_cid=94c058ebfe&mc_eid=7a43814633

An advisory from Stern about shaker motors and slam tilt issues. I have a Pinball Life Spike 2 shaker motor and have no issues.

#4206 12 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why did a software fix on IMDN fix the PBL shakers slamtilt? No mention in the new IMDN code release that the cap kit was necessary.

Can you clarify this?

#4213 12 months ago

The PBL shaker and the Stern one are the same. Some machines have the slam tilt issue due to power supply electric noise. Not because of which Spike 2 Shaker motor is used.

#4241 11 months ago

Good info here on the cable and the coil stops. I am going to ensure that all cables are secured and check for gold!

#4246 11 months ago

I added the Armada Star Destroyer, Vader's Tie Fighter and an X-Wing. The idea was to have the Empire at rear of the playfield and the Rebels at the front.

IMG_20180501_085526 (resized).jpg

#4290 11 months ago

I, for one, can not justify spending 500 bucks for whatever topper that Stern comes up with. The machine was expensive enough.

#4333 11 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Trying to decide if I went too overboard with the ships. I think the balance may be off a bit, and we know how important balance is to the force! I may end up moving the Slave 1 either to the right side (B-Wing spot maybe?) or to the back (in place of the Lambda Imperial Shuttle, but higher?). I love the B-Wing there, but it's a really fragile ship and is just begging for an airball where it is. Moving the Falcon to the right side would balance it perfectly I think, but I do not think I can find a good placement that doesn't block any shot view...and I do not want to pull a Groot arms on it! I'm really loving the X-Wing miniatures though...so nice and detailed. I just hope they hold up.
What do you guys think...too much? I do not want to end up like that crazy Twilight Zone with everything imaginable piled in!

It's your machine, right? Do what you want.

#4360 11 months ago

Why would Disney care? Are they really gonna be micromanaging this from now on?

#4405 11 months ago

Good idea on the fan standoff. I am thinking of replacing the cover with a wire mesh to allow more ventilation. There is hardly any air flow through the power supply.

#4411 11 months ago

Stern went with a modular power supply that has its own cooling fan. There are several options to cool the unit if one is so inclined. I want it to be silent and I am planning on coming up with something.

#4430 11 months ago

Overpriced, period. For what the topper is constructed of, maybe 20 bucks or so in material, charging 500 is highway robbery. The machine itself was expensive, but that's market. You don't have to have a topper to enjoy the machine.

#4496 11 months ago

Funny how the diverter control timing is not mentioned. We will see how long it takes before a ball winds up in the shooter lane.

#4498 11 months ago

ZAP

#4500 11 months ago

I have owned this machine almost 2 months and no Death Star yet.

#4511 11 months ago

Hyperdrive works great. One thing I emailed Stern about was the irregularity of some flashing leds, particularly the start button. This has been fixed. Timing overall seems better

#4513 11 months ago

Did you do the diagnostic?

1 week later
#4639 11 months ago

So I went and got some rubber mounts for the node board directly under the flippers- The idea is to limit any damage to any components or solder joints over several years of use. I just screwed them in to the holes left by the existing screws and and used m3 screws to mount the board.

amazon.com link »

#4648 11 months ago

There are others that have commented about this. I know that my Premium has no room. I guess the only thing I could do is to paint the insides of the cabinet or use decals.

#4704 11 months ago

Why not just remove some material from the weights?

#4722 11 months ago

I agree with the idea of not adding a PWM board to the Spike system. What about fabricating a rubber mount for the shaker motor?

#4794 10 months ago

Glass? What glass?

#4808 10 months ago

I would try completely reinstalling the 1.03 update. Re-download at and do a thorough install.

#4846 10 months ago

The purpose of the post was never realized since drop targets are used on all the versions of the game. There is no practical reason to include the post on the Pro. It is vestigial. It would make sense to either include the post on all versions or delete it.

#4876 10 months ago

Has anyone had bad diverter ejects from the hyperloop since the 1.03 update? Because I haven't. Maybe just once right after I flashed it but not since then and I have had 3 balls in there a couple of times.

#4920 10 months ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Since the new code 1.03 the Hyperspace loop has worked brilliantly, I'm demolishing my old high scores and I've finally defeated the Emperor. I love this pin!
Below are all the shots needed to complete each mission for every character and what I believe are the most efficient mission stacks. All the recommended mission stacks below are started by selecting "Light Tatooine Missions" but you can rearrange most of the stacks to suit your needs if you like to light up other missions on your first ball. If you think some of the shots are wrong please post on which ones they are and I'll look into it. Click on the image to view it in it's proper resolution.

...many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Nice chart!

#4938 10 months ago

White rubbers, too?

#4958 10 months ago

No sound crackles for me. Crystal clear.

#4967 10 months ago

Worse thing that can happen is that Stern sends you a new sd card and you pop it in.

1 week later
#5061 10 months ago

I would love to learn to live catch with any consistency, but it's too damn difficult.

1 week later
#5115 9 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Just installed Fidelity Speakers in my SW, what a difference! It is well worth the money...hearing things I never noticed before. I noticed that when the volume was turned up the stock speakers would have horrible sound quality. Well that is a thing of the past with the new install! Give them a try! Changes the SW experience.

Link for the speakers plz?

#5154 9 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

One of the green leds on the deathstar went out today. . I have a call in to Stern to get a new Superlaser assembly. Looks like it should be pretty easy to replace.

Are they gonna warranty that?

#5161 9 months ago

Last night I hit the Hyperspace MB with 3 balls and a 40x and it was worth 1.3 billion. Holy Crap! Turned into my best game so far at 3.7 B.

#5183 9 months ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Why isn’t this being covered under warranty?

According to the book, this wouldn't be covered. The warranty is two months on circuit boards and six months on dmds.

#5193 9 months ago

I have heard repeatedly that Stern is good with coverage after the warranty. I have no doubt about it. I think that it's worth noting how short and unusable the actual written warranty is.

#5218 9 months ago

3 ball or 10 ball?

1 week later
#5269 9 months ago

Where, exactly, are these tips, tricks and basically rules of the game published? It seems to be an elusive bit of info.

#5333 9 months ago

Not too crazy about the video mode. I set it as short as possible.

#5361 9 months ago

You guys are talking levels I can only dream about.

#5396 9 months ago

I am trying to find the deflector shield that fits on the Tatooine hole and it's not listed anywhere in the manual. Not the cliffy type protector but the curved deflector that the ball hits as the vuk ejects it. Anyone have the part number?

#5405 9 months ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The issue with the distortion or 'clipping' of audio from the mono cabinet speaker is what I believe to be something that Stern was handling correctly pre 1.01 code where they added the ability to independently control levels on the backbox and cabinet speakers, along with bass/treble, and now ohm ratings with the very latest 1.04 version. In audio engineering, there is something called 'Pan Law' which deals with mixing a stereo signal down to mono. Essentially before a stereo track is mixed down to be presented in a mono application (such as the single cabinet speaker), each channel should have a gain reduction of -3dB to make it balance out properly and not introduce clipping. This is something I wrestle with all the time when we are filming and two people are wearing their own microphones, but sometimes each person's microphone picks up the other person. Rather than present each person in their own left or right channel, we mix down to mono and it often introduces some interesting clipping because we forgot to do the gain reduction before the mix.
The opposite is true as well. If you take a mono track and mix it up to stereo, it will be about 6dB too low because of Pan Law.
Stern simply needs to go back and examine what happened to the audio processing code that was handling this previously. I can see a call to a routine getting missed if they were doing all this plumbing to add the new system features. Again, this is likely a problem on all Spike II games that got these audio level adjustments earlier this year.

Looks like Stern is paying attention to you!

#5409 9 months ago

I just upgraded the speakers. Good timing on this update.

#5432 8 months ago

With 1.05 I adjusted the treble and bass levels to see what sounded best and at some settings I hear what almost sounds as a soggy effect at some points. This would disappear at other settings.

#5447 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Anyone have a shaker in their Pro? How is it integrated? Varying intensity? On at different times? Thinking about getting one...

It goes off when you hit an asteroid in video mode. You can adjust the use of the shaker motor in the service menu.

#5467 8 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Aaaaahhh! Worked great for 2 games. Then LED 6 went out again. Pulled the board. The top of the LED cracked off. Noticed it when hyperspace multiball was going. I’m guessing there was a small crack and finally fell off with the vibration. 1st LED 6 goes out for unknown reasons, my distro and Stern give me a new one, and now this...what are the odds. Contacted Stern to see what my options are.[quoted image]

There is something contacting the diode. Could be misalignment, a warped part, stress from mounting, etc. At least you know it's a mechanical problem.

#5471 8 months ago

Normal. I have seen this on a lot of machines.

1 week later
#5564 8 months ago

Twice the game ended normally, but that screen stayed on.

#5567 8 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Tie fighter assault screen stays up on mine if I drain the last ball during tie fighter assault, but only when I’m using my tournament button. It’s done that since early code.

Well, there's a bug now, I would say.

#5576 8 months ago

I found that the glass would rattle a bit when the shaker went off and found that annoying. I put some vinyl tape around the edge of the glass (invisible when the glass is installed) and the vibrating stopped, end of annoyance.

1 week later
#5598 8 months ago

I have backhanded the Death Star a few times. Also the left orbit, but not consistently.

#5609 8 months ago

The thing with the backhand to the deathstar shot is the flipper. Is it adjusted low or high and is the rubber stop bushing slightly worn out. A small variance can make a big difference. There are also manufacturing tolerances. Each game is a tiny bit different.

#5629 7 months ago

Nice LE.

#5631 7 months ago

Someone else besides Yoda

#5646 7 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Speaking of the settings menu does anyone have PDF, etc. for the menus on SW Premium?
I spent a half hour the other day trying to find the Bill Validator Enable item, never did find it.

Standard adjustment #46

#5652 7 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

RTFM, I've been through that manual a few times and was looking for something else I guess, like Batman 66's flowchart
There it is, golly gee wilikers

The new manuals are not as informative.

#5673 7 months ago

Yes, it has been remarked upon. See post 5652

#5688 7 months ago

He is talking about the display, not the cable.

1 week later
#5811 7 months ago

Deleted

#5816 7 months ago

The stock speakers are crap. I went with Kickers and I noticed a big improvement. Don't forget to set the proper ohm selection in the service menu for the speakers you get.

#5820 7 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

My view is for $50 I have a great sound system. Kicker 4" for back box ($35) and Pyle 8" sub ($15). PPro and FF are great for the older systems that need adapters, crossovers and an L -pad. But with Spike 2, they have a built in electronic crossover for the sub, and separate bass/treble gain controls for the head speakers and cab speaker. All you need is the speakers and then fine tune the audio in the service menu. I picked Kicker because they are flush mount, as the speaker has to sit flush against the grille.

I went with your advice on this. How did you set your audio? What gain settings and whatnot?

#5831 7 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes exactly. I'll see if I can find my settings but I know there's an audio selection and from there you can select 4 or 8 ohm, bass and treble + or - for back and cab. You don't have to change to 4 ohm, but keep the volume below 50% or it will start clipping. 4ohm selection ensures you won't overdrive the amp at max volume.

I did change the back box to 4 ohm and wired the cabinet speaker as per the instructions to 8 ohms. My understanding is that running a 4 ohm speaker with an 8 ohm amp can lead to problems. What are your treble and bass settings?

#5839 7 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

Cab bass frequency: 250Hz
Cab bass gain: +11.8125dB (max)
Cab treble: 4K
Cab treble gain: -6.1875dB (doesn't really do much that I can tell)
Back box bass gain: 0
Back box treble: 8k (sounds the same as 4k to me)
Back box treble gain: 0
I also left these at 8ohm, volume 32. Same as 4ohm, volume 64.

Yes, thanks. I will try that.

2 weeks later
#5929 6 months ago

R2D2 Topper

IMG_20181005_091627 (resized).jpg
#5939 6 months ago

Go through the distributor, if possible.

#5948 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Installed Kicker speakers in the backbox, Plye subwoofer and a shaker on my LE last week and all I can say is wow what a difference! The speaker upgrade was only $50, and I paid $90 for the shaker from Pinball Life ($10 discount as bought 2). For around $150 I think aftermarket speakers and a shaker motor are the two best upgrades for the game. The shaker affect with the speaker upgrade during the match sequence is really cool. Now if only the the topper can be released...

Nice sound upgrades. Be aware of your ohm settings in the software. You will have to change the rating of the back box speakers to 4 and, if you hooked the cabinet speaker up in 4 ohm mode, change that, too.

#5956 6 months ago

I have seen a few of these bugs as well, particularly the ball going down the diverter, dead flippers, then put back into play. This was supposed to have been addressed in a prior update.

#5963 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is how the issue was addressed...previously it would feed to the dead flippers, drain, and end your ball.

Haha. I believe that.

#5968 6 months ago

This pin still kicks my butt. I can't consistently get the shots down. And I have had this for 8 months. Maybe I need to practice more.

2 weeks later
#6022 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have to replace a tie fighter yet?
Does sell replacements?
A ball impacted it off the tie fighter target and cracked off a third of the left wing.

Sure they do.

2 weeks later
#6042 5 months ago

It's a flippin amazing score. My max is around 5. A buddy dropped by a week ago and got 6.

#6046 4 months ago

Try reconnecting it? It is located at the very front (far end) of the playfield.

1 week later
#6109 4 months ago

I dislike the video mode and Light Saber Duel so I have them set at the shortest duration. What I don't like about LSD is that it takes over whether you want to play it or not.

#6115 4 months ago

Try a diagnostic on the hyper ramp circuit. You can load a couple of balls in it and it should keep them in there. This was a bug in the earlier software. The latest version was supposed to address this issue.

#6122 4 months ago

Do you have the solenoid power turned up?

#6142 4 months ago

Anytime I want my butt kicked, I will play Star Wars. TSPP is too easy, so I can go back and forth between the two. I am determined to beat this thing!

#6154 4 months ago

Theories are good.

#6195 4 months ago

I agree about a Star Wars update as well. It really can't be that time consuming to clean up existing code and add small features, compared to writing it from scratch. Stern has the bugs submitted to them so it's no mystery as to what is needed. Updates need to be better planned and implemented across the board, not left at 1.0. There is always plenty of room for improvement.

#6206 4 months ago

I would like to be able to pass on it sometimes, like the modes. It just takes over the gameplay.

#6242 4 months ago
Quoted from robx46:

Worked perfect. Everybody needs to make this adjustment.

I had to, along with the orbit rail. Left orbit shots kept going SDTM.

#6266 3 months ago

With regards to the subwoofer, you can select the ohms in the menu, 8 or 4 for either backbox or cabinet speakers.

#6269 3 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I know the game is fast, but didn't know it had a black box!

Edited. Stupid auto correct.

1 week later
#6288 3 months ago

I try to get endor and while in that mode get Tie Fighter multi ball.

#6297 3 months ago

I can finally say that I have split it a few times. Endor is the easiest way.

2 weeks later
#6394 84 days ago

When I get 3 in there they all get diverted to the inlane ramp back to the playfield after a couple of laps. It seems that the max is 3 during HS multi-ball.

#6420 81 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I tried low setting and it was better but, I think it just effects how often the shaker gets triggered, not the strength of it. I mainly get the strong intensified shaker effect during the video mode more than anything, even at low. Maybe some anti rattle tape will help on the glass and backbox?

I wrapped tape around the edges of the glass and now it fits right and doesn't rattle. Big difference.

#6433 78 days ago

The center button also launches an extra ball when flashing orange during multi-ball modes by holding it for one second. This will also turn off your multipliers, so hit it again to re-enable them.

#6442 77 days ago

I am also interested in a set of art blades. Stern is silly, selling them in 3 pairs.

1 week later
#6475 68 days ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So I put in some new Kicker 4 Ohm speakers today. Surprised that they sound significantly better when set to 8 ohm in the settings versus 4 ohm. Better highs and sounds fuller. Had to set the treble way up at 4 ohms. Why would this be and is there danger playing at the 8 ohm setting?

I am no expert, but the settings should match the speakers. You can run an 8 ohm speaker at a 4 ohm setting without harm, but running a 4 ohm speaker at 8 can overload the amplifier.

#6504 65 days ago
Quoted from bowtech:

going to be joint the club tomorrow when I go to pick up my Pro. anything I should look for before I by it? its a huo with 600 plays and a shaker motor. my pins are older and from all the posts I know dimpling will be normal but is there any other common things I need to check before I hand him the cask? I will play the game before I take it.

Ensure that the latest code, 1.05, is installed. Pull the back glass and check for serial number match and general condition. See if the pin is affected by the bulletins posted by Stern.

#6508 65 days ago
Quoted from bowtech:

This will be my first Stern. How do I find tsbs? How do I check the code?

To check service bulletins, go to Stern's site and go to the support tab. Browse around, it's there somewhere.

#6556 62 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Long live LSD!
Just time it out if you want to avoid it.

Problem is it will come back. I am with the others. Make it optional. Along with video mode.

#6566 62 days ago

I have a Pinball Life shaker in mine. I tried rotating one of the weights 180 degrees but then couldn't feel it at all. Tightening up the glass with clear tape along the edges really made a difference. No rattling and now it seems less violent for some reason.

#6592 59 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ritchie has specifically said that there's not supposed to be a post there. The only reason it was on the pro is because they used to have stand ups instead of drops

That was the original design, but it was never released with standups. Which makes one ask why is the post still on the Pro and not the Premium?

#6610 57 days ago

The shooter lane ball detection switch was loose on mine and tightening it really cut down on the issue. It did not eliminate it, but now it hardly ever happens.

#6639 51 days ago

Just tweaking it a bit is all that is needed.

#6642 50 days ago

If the loop has a ball already in it, every successive ball that is shot into it can collide with any balls that are there and that can screw it all up.

#6649 50 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This only happens if the ramp shot to load the ball is timed perfectly with the other ball making the turn by the ramp. EXTREMELY rare. I have seen it once. Put your game into hyperloop test to test this. Make sure all 4 magnets are working properly. You can load six balls in there with little issue. Doing it in a game is another story. Very hard to accomplish. I have loaded 4 in there. Seen others load 5.

Whenever it happens to me it's one of those weak shots that just makes it up the fork.

#6650 50 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I have my sw premium since 2 weeks... factory settings, 3 balls :
Death star destroyed, emperor dead and 19 billions... ok... damned... already finished...[quoted image]

Now try it with the glass on. Also, your death star needs adjustment.

#6653 50 days ago

I just don't see how it is possible with the outlanes set to stock and 3 ball. It is a drain monster.

#6663 47 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My bottom left spotlight led keeps coming loose. Doesn't fall out, just becomes loose enough to not work. I can pop it back in, but after 1 ball, will be out again. What is the best fix? Hot glue or replace with a new/different LED?

Does it have the retaining clip installed?

#6669 46 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It has. When it launched there was no video mode and no lightsaber duel.
Honestly I wish I could reduce the frequency of video mode! It drives me crazy now.

Really? My two most disliked modes. Would there be any harm in rolling back?

1 week later
#6710 39 days ago

That's the Pro translite, BTW. Enjoy the machine!

#6712 39 days ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I got both the pro and premium translite with the purchase. I personally think the pro looks better. The original owner even had the pro translite signed by Steve Richie.

Way cool.

2 weeks later
#6799 24 days ago

Who doesn't like airballs?

1 week later
#6867 16 days ago

For me it's the right ramp that can be frustrating. Sometimes I can bh it, other times no. Machine is clean and fast.

#6881 15 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok thank you. That one will be hard to beat then. I dont see me ever getting to wizard mode

You can set it to easy in the settings mode. It gives more time.

#6889 14 days ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Follow up; Lifting the wire-frame at the Death-star's entry did help ball enter, but when running the hyper-loop the 2nd pass would fail, the flippers would die and the ball would waste away as-if I tilted the machine.
I pulled the wire-frame and bent the supporting arm to provide a right angle. It's too soon to tell if it's resolved, but I feel I'm headed in the right direction.[quoted image]

That sounds like a software bug to me. The flippers should not go dead.

#6894 13 days ago

Are you talking loops or orbits? The right loop is easy, along with the left ramp. The right ramp and orbit seem very difficult to get consistently with the left bat. Usually a backhand from the right flipper will get the right ramp, but not always. I can pretty much always get the left orbit backhanding off the left bat. The DS shot is easier with the right.

#6903 8 days ago

I also can backhand the DS shot. If you can BH the left orbit and not the DS, then something is out of wack.

#6906 8 days ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I can backhand the left orbit but it lacks the power to get up the fork ramp on a Death Star BH. When the fork ramp is down, however, I can BH the left inner loop all day.

Flipper issue? Are the machine settings at low coil power? Or maybe the fork ramp is not aligned heightwise with the entrance to the hyperloop? It needs to be pretty well aligned.

#6937 6 days ago

Closing up the outlanes made the game way more fun for me. It is very drainy.

#6952 4 days ago

You have some catching up to do.. As far as Hyperloop- the first time that you get it in there and it goes around, it will exit after 3 laps. The next time you make the hyper space shot, it will go around a lot longer and another ball is launched onto the playfield from the shooter lane. Keep shooting them into the hyper loop.

#6962 1 day ago

It's a flasher lamp and can be tested in the diagnostics.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Orange, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 5,799.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 62.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colgate, WI
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside