• Pro 122 votes
    27%
  • Premium 183 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(451 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,155 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SWARS (resized).jpg
CA826B61-4C46-466A-9E23-21B74AE43D2C (resized).jpeg
Emporer2 (resized).PNG
Emporer1 (resized).PNG
SW grand champion (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Fr (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Bk (resized).jpg
2DD46E56-02E8-473F-9D95-4B09C4941CA6 (resized).jpeg
4D0F6CA7-D23C-46A9-984E-D9A2516CDA4C (resized).jpeg
C4F52FE0-8A7D-4597-8BA8-456D1B8BC639 (resized).jpeg
69623AF6-367E-425A-9969-0DEB2F5CAB3C (resized).jpeg
1641E171-5C85-4472-BB8A-FFFF874AE83B (resized).jpeg
073D1A10-7BCE-4F76-AA9C-FFB036BF027B (resized).jpeg
F3BED45A-020D-490E-8BBE-94FAD359C7DC (resized).jpeg
945F71D1-7BBB-44B1-9492-5477CF7BD3CB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Since mystery scoops dont usually pay off much in most games, I think it would give the game some extra
personality if they randomly play Ackbar clip "it's a trap" and award nothing at all.

Hehe....I like this!!!!

1 week later
#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Nice. What kind of material did you put behind the grill?

Probably white speaker cloth......

2 weeks later
#1875 2 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

OK, someone in my house (not me!) got the new 3-bank Extra Ball in the v0.93 code. Just like the release notes state, they just kept hitting the 3-bank until a Pinball image appeared. Hitting the pinball lit the Extra Ball insert. Not sure how many Ties it took, but they ended up with >100 Tie fighters by the end of the game. Multiplier was also pegged high throughout the whole game due to hitting the 3-bank so often. Not a bad strategy for a high-score!

Risk vs Reward: that 3-bank also has a higher likelihood to go SDTM......

2 weeks later
#2094 2 years ago

She's here.....looks as a NIB pin should......no problems to be found so far, except the code was at .89. Shipped from Stern Monday, arrived at our local dealer today for my pickup. Manufacture date 10/12/17...

IMG_5688 (resized).JPG

IMG_5689 (resized).JPG

IMG_5695 (resized).JPG

IMG_5704 (resized).JPG

#2100 2 years ago

Needed some Apron Cards for my new Premium, so I played around some and came up with these. Thought some of y'all might want to use them as well...

SW Title 2.pdf

#2103 2 years ago

My SW Premium that I got 3 days ago was an absolute drain monster from the plunger to the 3 bank to the left outlane. All 4 of the SW Pros I had played before were no where near that. Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: all the difference in the world!!! An auto plunged ball still hits the 3 bank, but then it goes into the FORCE drop bank or the ring above it instead of the outlane area. I had previously scored over 2B+ on some of the Pros, but couldn't get over 600M on mine. First game after the rail adjust: 1.3B! Highly recommend this fix for anyone with the left outlane drain from plunge issue.

Put in the Titan Silicone Rings as well while I had the pin partially apart. Checked out the upper slingshot kicker in the pop bumper area, somehow something doesn't sound right when there is a ball in that area, sounds metallic when the ball is in that area.

Overall though, been really have been pleased with the build quality of this pin. No ghosting inserts so far (one of the 1st SW Pros in our area during the launch party has issues), cabinet and playfield solid. Front of cabinet has been reinforced in the corners, upper bracket and WMS/Bally style leg brackets. In the back of the cabinet it still has the old Stern thin leg brackets, which should be okay as the rear of the cabinet is inherently stronger due to the backbox platform. Like the new slide rails, and also the little clips that hold the LEDs in place in the spotlights. The engineering it took to get the ramps to interact the way they do in this game is impressive.

As for the gameplay and theme: love it!! It really is that "just one more game" pin that I haven't had since my TZ. Having it at home now being able to enjoy it in my setting where I can see the lighting and hear the sound.....just WOW!!!! The subtleties in the sounds from the movies and integration in the gameplay: excellent!!! Had only played Pro models before, but now having a Premium: the hyper loop is a MUST!! I can really see this one not going anywhere for a long, long time!!

My play settings: All factory except 10 second initial ballsave, right VUK at 18, and no overlap of modes. Being that it is in a home environment also turned off the attract mode sounds, match, and the knocker.

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Glad you fixed your issue! It sounds like a lot of work . For me and others after you Removed the ramps and right side plastics to get to the plunger lane rail to adjust it: How did you adjust it ? And what position did you move the plunger rail (left) (right) (up) (down) ??? Any additional info would be helpful . Thank you .

Just your standard 1/4” nut head screw, loosen it, the rail holder has a slot in it so one can adjust the rail about 3/16”. I adjusted it part of the way up and my left outlane drains off of the plunge went from 70-80% to 10-20%. I’m going to go back this coming weekend and adjust it a bit more to see if I can totally eliminate it. Good part is you can turn the machine on and launch balls to test it without the loop and ramps in place. The ramps and loop are easily removable to get to the playfield and plastics to swap rings and do stuff like this. You only have to lift the playfield to unplug the Falcon to remove it off of the left ramp. The ramps and loop near the backboard stay in place, they do not have to be moved.

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

STERN just released the accessories for Guardians of the Galaxy... when will we see something for Star Wars?????

I said the same thing when I replied to Stern’s FB Post.....wonder how long it will be until they ban me?????

#2138 1 year ago

It has been posted many times on how sensitive this pin is with respect to level and inclination, but it really can't be stated enough...

I've had SWPrem a little over a week now, and made real sure that this one was perfectly level left to right, and the bubble perfectly in the middle on the rail. It was kicking my tail with cheap outlane drains and center horseshoe SDTM. Adjusted the plunger rail to minimize the plunges off of the 3-bank to the left outlane which helped, but still....too many cheap drains. Playing 3 different SWPros' during leagues/tournaments I knew that mine was still off.

So yesterday evening broke out my standard small bubble level and electronic level. Checked left-to-right....perfect at the middle and bottom of playfield. Used the electronic level to check pitch: 6.3 between the flippers, 6.5 by the 3-bank. So I raised the rear of the pins 2-1/2 turns on the rear leg levelers. Still level L-to-R, flipper pitch now 6.4, 3-bank 6.7. Played a couple of games, ramps noticeably harder to make, but ball definitely was bouncing more vertically, and the horseshoe was going to the flippers more. Backed off the rear levelers one turn and tried again......found the sweet spot!!! Ramps very doable, hyperspace fork still shootable, horizontal bounces, horseshoe SDTM, and outlane drains much improved.....

I've had several dozen pins come thru my possession the last 20 years, and this is *definitely* the most finicky to level correctly..........but what a blast too play!!! I play 6 or so games in SWPrem, and then play LOTR. Playing LOTR after SWPrem feels like a stroll in the park after running wind sprints (back when I could run wind sprints).....

#2143 1 year ago

Your holding it in the correct location, it sits behind the playfield LCD, angled down towards the backboard, to prevent balls from getting on top of the plastic behind the LCD.

#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am old school . I use a simple bubble level the is like a pen you could wear on shirt pocket . I have been wanting a digital or electronic level for pinball . What is the best type/brand to get And where do I purchase it from ? Thanks a million.

I bought this one from Amazon and it works well:

amazon.com link »

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Dumb question, I’m pretty sure there is a way to turn off the end of game ‘match’ segment so it doesn’t even occur. Is that possible? I just hate that it uses the shaker regardless.

Yes, in the adjustments set your Match Percentage to off.....

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Thank you! I assumed 0 was off. Lol!

Sure thing! BTDTBTTS.....yeah, I thought the same before when I got my first Stern.....why one would set it to 0 and want to leave the animation on???

#2226 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

I must have missed this. Care to share? Would love to update my cards.

I did some as well:

SW Title 2.pdf

#2246 1 year ago

When I bought my SW Premium a couple of weeks ago I set it up between my LOTR and MMR. A couple of days later my wife walks in, looks closely at the 3 pins and says: "When I look at the Lord of the Rings I see all this great stuff all over the playfield, and then I look at the Medieval Madness and I see the Castle, the Dragon, the Damsel tower, and other stuff, but when I look at the Star Wars it looks so bare..." I then assured her that I had plans in place and they will be implemented soon......

This morning I took some steps to alleviate some of that bareness on the playfield. I've already done some functional mods (Pinbit protectors, Titan Rings, plunger lane protection) however these are purely aesthetic. I know that some will not like these and doing this may land me in the Mod Removers club thread, but doing it in moderation....I like the way it looks and it adds that missing something to the playfield without getting in the way.

601926A7-CFBC-4318-BF21-C3153CCD6CE8 (resized).jpeg
8F29B026-7A68-4A55-ADE8-0375BD38740C (resized).jpeg
1E35AD69-5FC4-40C3-AD38-58CA2B698826 (resized).jpeg
3DDFD4FB-D469-412C-AA56-554BB03F7F73 (resized).jpeg
E704BAA5-EEC4-4786-B099-3584294D4D1A (resized).jpeg
FA9D70C3-9763-4876-8060-A9507ADB6416 (resized).jpeg
3059430F-F8EB-407A-978B-ACECF3BAD7CA (resized).jpeg
58010B37-E9D0-4BF0-A1B8-35FFAED32224 (resized).jpeg
F41E99B1-23F0-477C-A0C0-3AA54F113D13 (resized).jpeg
87E280CD-03E6-44DC-8CE7-1DA18A106F75 (resized).jpeg
019877F4-BBF3-4120-BA38-7DF1A013B235 (resized).jpeg
3076665D-0EA2-4F76-BA76-319669D63C34 (resized).jpeg

Mirror blades and Pinstadium lighting are next........

#2249 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not a fan of any toy that blocks the inlanes...particularly the two ships closest to the flippers. Less is more.

Quoted from Micky:

This is my opinion too. I don't like big toys that are just plonked on the playfield. Each to their own though.

Thanks for the comments....the lower ones are a concern for me as well when I placed them, thought I would try them first, if they don't work there and are getting in the way they can easily be moved. There are some spots between the plunger lane and right outlane that would be out of the line of sight I might try instead.

#2250 1 year ago

OK, removed the Y-Wing, moved the Red 5 X-Wing to the far right......much better!!!

fullsizeoutput_b4c (resized).jpeg

#2252 1 year ago

Put Pinbits plastic protectors and Nudies shooter lane protector on my Premium...

#2262 1 year ago

Got the Mirror Blades installed as well after watching Auburn whoop up on Bama.......this pin looks as good as it plays!!!!

IMG_5787 (resized).JPG

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Edit. Just noticed your materials. Where can I find those thin wires?

Got the music wire at Hobby Lobby, but most regular hobby shops carry it as well. You'll need something to cut it with as music wire will not be cut by normal pliers or cutters. I used my dremel with a cutoff wheel.

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's evidently not for everyone, but I agree that the code is very good! I wouldn't expect big changes at this point. SW got to feature-complete code very quickly by Stern's standards, and all the characters and modes are in the game already. Sounds like they'll be polishing up a thing or two, but IMO any major changes to the code would be a surprise at this point, and would be because Dwight wants them, rather than because they're "needed."

I'd be happy if they only fixed one thing: having to play Video Mode and Hoth 1 (i.e. video moda AGAIN) back to back while playing as Han........

1 week later
#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Why is Frontgate selling a "Platinum edition" Star Wars pinball machine for 17,000 ! Whats so special about it?
MM

Why?? Because there is a sucker born every minute.....

Special??? Nothing but the price....

#2345 1 year ago

Had to remount all my TIE fighters and X-Wings with some .072 wire, the other wire was too thin and cause them to shake while playing......much better now....

4906AB9C-7B57-43B0-8F01-4C22B8421818 (resized).jpeg

C07D3257-959B-493D-A27E-A5C0F9CE385D (resized).jpeg

0EA809A3-7C9B-43FA-AFA0-821C90DBBAD8 (resized).jpeg

D41850AB-0211-491C-8417-42C6B89E916A (resized).jpeg

4161EAC8-4D3F-4135-A8B2-26795A6BDF4C (resized).jpeg

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Had to remount all my TIE fighters and X-Wings with some .072 wire, the other wire was too thin and cause them to shake while playing......much better now....

I was asked via PM about what I used to mount the Mattel Hot Wheels ships, so I thought I'd post it here as well:

The Hot Wheels ships have a plastic hole for a mounting stand, which a #8-32 3/16" length machine screw will fit, just have to be careful about overtightening. I used the .072 music wire, cut and bent to length, and then used blue 16-14 AWG spade terminals that I soldered to the ends of the music wire with a 100W soldering gun. I remove the blue nylon around the spade terminal so it looks better. Screwed the ship to the appropriate terminal end, and then attached the other end terminal strip to an appropriate playfield screw.

1 week later
#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just noticed the LE I bought is on version .87 still. Should I do a quick or full update?

Quick has worked for me for all of the updates so far.....hurry up & upgrade, this game has come FAR since .87!!!!

#2460 1 year ago

Got to play about half a dozen games or so on V1.00......amazing how far this game has come!!!! Many more callouts, many other changes ....it will take a couple days to really soak it all in.....but wow!!!! Dwight and his team have worked their collective butts off getting this pin to such a phenomenal level!!!!

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

there are 3 files in the folder - the "read-me" says to download 2 - - which 2???

The readme is wrong. You need to put *spk.003.001 *spk.003.002 & *spk.003.003 onto the USB stick root directory with no other files on the stick.

#2517 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have completed a much higher percentage of 4th level missions with the stacking off in the 1.0. It’s much easier to understand the objectives on the screen and the clips / audio is so much tighter on these multiballs when they are not stacked. The chaos is just too much when you stack those modes with unrelated modes.

Agreed, and concentrating on the 4th level missions unstacked is important trying to complete them to achieve Victory multiball, which is absolutely fantastic!!!

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

For my own learning purposes, and if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the issue that you discovered in that picture as it relates to your drop targets??

He's got a screw loose.....

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just purchased a SW Prem, hope I made the right choice!!!

You have chosen wisely.....

#2561 1 year ago

Had my first V1.0 code glitch last night. Made the hyperspace hurry up shot while the purple rectangular DeathStar insert was flashing. Ball went around the accelerator 4 times likes it’s supposed to for the hurry up, then the upper gate opened to divert the ball to the right ramp return. Hyperspace hurry up video ends and it immediately goes to mode select while darkening the pin and shutting off the flippers. Ball drains and ends, goes to bonus count.........arrrghh!!!

While I know the Stern guys check out pinside every now and then, what is the best way of contacting them to let them know about this bug??

#2573 1 year ago

Thanks Rob & Kermit, I've sent an email to all 3 addresses.....

#2575 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Call them. Very easy to get a hold of the right person (normally Chaz). 708-345-7700 then press the most correct number.

Yeah, thought about that, but it's easier to describe a software bug in a detailed email, that way I can make sure that the bug is described correctly.

#2578 1 year ago

Hoth, we have a problem.....

8ABFCA31-A74A-46E6-A027-459C4B5977B8 (resized).jpeg

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

But I've hit the shot pretty solid, and it just falls down and it won't get free, no matter how long I let the pin "look" for a missing ball. And I think the game was originally at about 7 degrees and I changed it to 6.5 but its still happening. This is giving me nightmare flashbacks when I got the Avengers and the ball kept getting stuck under Hulk. This really sucks

Trying to understand what you mean by "won't get free".....are the forks staying up and won't come down with the ball behind them or is the ball getting stuck somewhere else??

#2642 1 year ago

A couple of things, illustrated by pics:

1) With the fork fully out, all the diagonal slots in the metal of the fork should show:

IMG_5852 (resized).JPG

2) The hyperloop wireform position has needed some minor tweaking on many Premiums/LE. To the bottom left under the Death Star you will see a lock nut that can be loosened to raise/lower the wireform. Too low and the ramp shot hits it, too high and it may hit the top of the magnet assembly. Here is where mine is at:

IMG_5854 (resized).JPG

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

AUKraut that is very helpful. Looking at that nut, mine looks like its higher up than yours in that picture. Any way to measure the distance from the bottom yours is? Like maybe using a standard #2 pencil would it be the size of the eraser or larger/smaller?

Looks like there is one locknut width from the bottom of the U-shaped wire. You may have to experiment a little to get it just right.

Quoted from cscmtp:

I also noticed the wire ramp is almost hugging the left side of the death star opening, should it be more centered in the hole?

Mine and others I have seen all seem to be toward the left side as well, as I also have wondered that in the past.

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think that did it, at least, I hit the shot with the glass off about 4 or 5 times and it took fine every time. Thank you SO MUCH for the help. I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to photograph and share! Merry Christmas!!

Cool!!!! Glad it worked.....and Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Now I just need to figure out how to get my diverter to fire at the right time everytime. It is a little too late about every tenth hyperloop, and it either catapults the ball into the glass or it slow it down significantly. Luckily, neither negatively affects my play, it just isn't fun.

Mine does this as well every now and then, probably little that can be done mechanically, so we will just need some more code tweaking by Stern....

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I fixed this problem by cleaning under the diverter with some novus 1 and Q-Tips. It had a very small amount of wax buildup and it must’ve been sticking together just enough to affect the timing. Give it a shot. I haven’t had that problem since I cleaned it out.

Can you show us where in a pic??

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

LE Owner here. I haven't stopped playing this game since it arrived in August. A few gripes about the code though, much more apparent now that I'm just trying for Jedi Multiball. It's really annoying that you have to play Lightsaber Duel, and Escape from Boba Fett even if you have already played and beaten them. There should be an option to "pass" on those modes if you decide you don't want to play them. It wouldn't be so bad if they could be timed out, but only 4 seconds passes between switch hits so you have to take a shot of some sort to keep the counters moving.
There is nothing worse than having already completed both of these modes, and have them show up again while you're trying to complete your next milestone towards Jedi Multiball effectively preventing progress and causing you to take risky shots to get through it.

Agreed!!! Wonder if Stern is listening.....

#2733 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

One of my strategies for getting to the Emperor was as simple as just letting the mini-wizard mode multi-balls (Battle above Endor, Destroy the Death Star, etc) drain out as soon as I started them, but keep one ball in play. Save your energy for the next objective. There's always a risk you drain all of your balls on one of those final scene multi balls, while completing them is not part of the objectives. You can focus on getting a high score on this game by micro managing your shot multipliers to death, or simply chase the modes you need to qualify Jedi Multiball. Only the very best (or lucky?) players will be able to do both. On my game where I defeated the Emperor, I put up a score of 3.8 Billion, and i figure it took me 25-30 minutes. Factory defaults for extra ball awards and I have not tightened up my outlanes. Playfield at the recommended pitch of 6.5. Be good at trapping up the ball and taking a moment to look around the playfield and read the LCD screen to see what you need to do next.

That's the beauty of this game, there is more than one way to attack it: My high of 5.476B only completed two of the battle modes (Endor & Hoth). Boba Fett was also not completed. I did have 174 TIE fighters, 482M video mode, & 1.167B Lightsaber duel, also a 25-30 minute game.

#2741 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I get more ball spin, than any other pin I've ever played, on this game. Am I alone in this?

That and more Lazarus balls.....

#2744 1 year ago

Back from the Dead, i.e. a ball that hits the apron or ball trough area and bounces back into play on it's own. Usually happens with a real fast or heavily spinning ball.

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from orb:

sorry to ask this question again or bring up. i remeber seeing in some thread the pitch?? i thought 6.5? no? mine is perfect in bubble level on machine. but hoth shot bounces back off forks alot and of course death star shot has problems. i figure getting that pitch right will help. anybody know? thanks.

I started at exactly perfect in the shooter bubble level, and then raised the rear legs 1/2 a turn at a time, and then playing 10-12 games to see how it did. If I didn’t like it, I raised it another 1/2 turn. Lather, rinse, repeat until it was right.

1 week later
#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

The shaker is overused in video mode. Otherwise great.

Not if you play it well....

1 week later
#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Just got my SW Premium on Friday as well. I'm wondering, what is the strategy behind turning off the shot multiplier with the lockdown bar button? Is it simply that the multiplier only lasts a certain amount of time? I didn't see a countdown.

You turn off the shot multiplier with the button so you can move it left/right. Once you have the red X in the right spot you hit the button again to park it there and reactivate the multiplier, i.e. it turns green.

The multiplier carries a minimum of 2X and can go as high as 40X. It is increased everytime you hit the 3-bank target all the way to 20X, and then hitting the FORCE targets can activate a doubler all the way to 40X. There is a timer, and the timer is shorter the higher the multiplier. There is no visual countdown, except for the multiplier will start flashing. There is an audio warning, a thumping sound that warns the multiplier is about to expire and reset to 2X. When you hear that thumping aim for the 3 bank, as it will reset the countdown timer and increase the multiplier. However, it is a risk vs. reward thing as hitting the 3 bank opens up the ball for a quick drain. The number of available shot multipliers across the playfield start at 3, and then decrease to 2, then finally 1 as the multiplier value increases.

For most newbies to the pin the best strategy is to just park the 3 multipliers in front of the DeathStar, Endor, and Hoth shots. As your skills and understanding increase learning to move the multiplier to the next logical shot can seriously increase scores, but it's another risk/reward thing as it does require some concentration. However, I will say that moving a 40X multiplier into the correct spots during a Lightsaber duel is one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced in 40+ years of playing pinball.....

IMG_5825 (resized).JPG

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s always on (and has been that way since the first code I think). I’d prefer to have the Death Star only light up when you blow it up, myself.

Agreed, inside lights have always been on. Deflector dish (or Super Laser Focus Lens at the SW geeks would call it) LEDs only come on during specific points of the gameplay.

#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So now that it’s known that the hyperloop shot/wireform can be adjusted. How have prem/LE owners been doing making that shot and it taking? Do you still get rejects or is it easier/more successful shot when it counts the most?

Put it this way: after adjusting the wireform if you don't make the hyperloop shot up the fork ramp it's because you missed the shot (left/right/too soft) and not because there was a physical issue with the machine. In other words it works like it's supposed to.

Now in terms of the exit diverter opening in a timely fashion.....well, that's another story.........

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I ordered the X-Wing series Millenium Falcon and an X-Wing. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to mount these?

My post #2246 gives you some ideas of how to do it.....

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Noticed PinGraffix just released power blades for Star Wars. Pretty cool, animated side art(pin blades). Kind of thinking about getting them...but I can't really figure out the idea behind the art. Asteroids all lighting together and then going off, then streams of dashes going by, then partial planets light up then go off...then repeat. I don't know what to make of it? Curious what other's think of these here. I was hoping they would do power blades for Star Wars and make some sort of big space battle with ships all over. I think it would make more sense if the lighted parts were shots randomly firing from various ships. Maybe have some planets in the back ground that always remain lit. Heck even better....have random ships light up, fire at another, and that one explodes & disappears. The more random the better so that pattern does not grow old. Maybe I am over thinking all this. Here's a link for anyone interested:
https://www.pingraffix.com/so/3M4l5H5h?cid=aa4df3b7-2a25-44f6-ad15-e6e4c3b35457&region=6b8616f9-a670-48f0-df12-2272cdd93079#/main

The hurdle that PinGraffix faced is LLL: Licensing, Litigation, & Lawyers

They had to make a product that is generic enough to stop the Lawyers from LucasFilms, Disney, and Stern from coming after them, pure and simple.

For what PinGraffix did I applaud their efforts, however as a owner......well, it misses the mark with me.

#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think mirrors are probably the way to go with Star Wars.

Agreed, I have them on mine:

IMG_5875 (resized).JPG

IMG_5878 (resized).JPG

IMG_5879 (resized).JPG

IMG_5880 (resized).JPG

#3012 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

At the risk of redundancy, is the game complete code wise minus the mode gripes above? Like, is there a final wizard mode that's actually fun? Or is it like ghostbusters where something happens, but it's really nothing(we're ready to believe you)? I'm interested in a SW pro but don't want to be "Ghostbustered" by code

Mini wizards (Victory Multiball) & final wizard mode (Battle the Emperor) are out there and reachable. I've made it to a couple of Victory Multiball, both outstanding. I've not Battled the Emperor yet, but the few reports I've seen they are very enjoyable as well. Even if you make it past Emperor you will restart your character selection and start a new journey, with new modes and objectives for the different character.

Having played all the latest Stern's in the last half a dozen years or so it's definitely their best code effort since Metallica, and I believe matured quicker than Metallica did as well......

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The end wizard mode for any character is Jedi multiball correct? Where you battle emporer.

Correct........

#3025 1 year ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Just curious if anyone else noticed this:
When you do both the final Endor and Death Star modes at the same time, and you finish saving Leia it seems like Destroy the Death Star does not light up until after you complete Battle Above Endor (faster to get to if you start with R2-D2).
But if you do these separately, you can do in either order? Is this because of the order in the movie? People have mentioned in the earlier code, the mission stacking was different, what changed?

You can only stack Missions 1-3, and not the final Missions. You can also not stack Hoth 1, as its a Video Mode. Mission stacking is a setting in the options. I tried it without stacking for a while, being worried about getting too far too quick.....didn't happen, went back to Mission Stacking for missions 1-3.

For more details on the changes in the stacking between different versions of the code those can be seen in the readme file on Stern's website.

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm really starting to hate Lightsaber Duel.... It's fun to play, but when you beat it on your first try and then get continually locked into it over and over for the rest of your game, it can be just horrible. I was having a great game, every objective except tattooine complete, on ball 2 with three extra balls ready. Had Tattooine II, so only III before the MB ready, but coming out of II Lightsaber Duel was lit. Tried to time it out, but the timer stops, so I had to at least try to play it. Lost one ball doing that before finally running out of time, and thought, finally, I can play my mode! I might even get to Jedi for the first time! Missed my shot to the scoop, hit a drop target, which completed the bank, lighting Duel again! Missed my first shot, drained, drained of the plunge on my EB, drained again off the next EB, managed to make one shot in the duel on ball 3, and then drained again. So frustrating! Wish it at least wouldn't lock you into only being able to shoot the ramp to start Duel once you've already completed it or something. Even just letting the timer run out would be enough

Agreed, and been mentioned here before, hopefully Stern will change this one a bit.......

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Really, new modes as in different modes than the choices available first time through? Has anyone confirmed this? That would be out standing!

Quoted from kermit24:

Well, each character has a different mode choice, so I think he was referring to that.

I was referring to modes that are already lit depending on the character. For example, Hoth 1 is prelit for Luke, so you never play it if you choose Luke. You do play it as Han, as it is not prelit for him. Different characters, different prelit modes that you do not play.

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
are there any custumised rules cards for the star wars pinball machine?
Thank you

There are several here on earlier pages of this thread, including these I made up for mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/42#post-4068434

#3058 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone do instruction cards for the LE?

There are several here on earlier pages of this thread, including these I made up for mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/42#post-4068434

#3078 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Two questions, which may have already been answered so I apologize. First, is there a fix or workaround for the Death Star mission selection issue when the hyperspace hyper loop is active? The ball will drain before you finish selecting a mission while skipping through the briefing quickly. Sometimes I can do it quick enough to save the ball. I find the ball will usually only go around the loop 2-4 times then drop out with the flippers dead for mission selection. Second, when a ball is auto plunged back into play on a ball save, quite often it drains immediately on the left side after hitting the tie fighter bank targets. Where is the setting to adjust plunger power?

1) Stern is aware of this

2) No, but the trajectory from the plunger can be changed by adjusting the metal ball guide on the right. You need to remove the right ramp and plastic to get to the screw to be adjusted. Instructions on this have been posted to Pinside.

#3085 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just joined the club!
The double post is sticking pretty bad. I checked the coil and bracket. All is well until I screw it back into the playfield, then it binds.
Anyone else with this issue?

Have you updated to the latest (1.0) code? Early on there was a tweak in one of the code updates that changed the inner look ball trapping. Besides that, does the pro have a test mode for those posts in the utilities?? Sure sounds like it is mounted off just a hair.....

#3087 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s an issue with the mechanism. Code 1.0 installed.
Basically, the mech is smooth when I pull it from the game. Once installed, it’s too tight to fall once activated. I believe the white plastic retaining bracket is binding the posts. I’ve tried adjusting the screws etc. No love.
I plan to lightly sand the plastic to ‘open it up.’ Reading through the forum, it just sounds like I had some bad luck. Not a big deal, just annoying.

In that case I'd get in touch with Stern and get them to ship out a replacement. They've been good about addressing all kinds of different issues lately, even imperfect hyperloop ramps.......

#3118 1 year ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

I hear you. No HyperSpace, no HyperSpaceMulti-Ball, no actual Death Star blowing up.
I am not nearly as big of a fan of the Pro as I am of the Premium. The Premium is so much fun!
Maybe i ruined myself of the SW Pro by playing so much SW Premium?

Agreed, everytime I walk up to a SW Pro on league nightie it doesn't seem right.....

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from orb:

thanks will try both. will listen for that sound.

It's not just the sound, the green X's will begin to flash as well......but yeah, the sound is easier to pick up than the flashing.....

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from KenEberhardt:

Replacement of the ugly yellow Stern cards anyone?

Search the thread, been done and shared by several including myself.......

#3179 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

My local distributor had them in stock. Gameroom Guys in Michigan. Not sure yet if I’m going to sell the other 2 sets, but here is what they look like. Also don’t like that Stern didn’t do the smooth Lock down bar to match the side armor.

Those look nicely made, however they do not compliment the existing playfield in any way except that it is Star Wars themed. After 6+ months of waiting for Stern to release these....disappointing. Glad I didn't wait and got mirror blades instead.

#3215 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I became an expert tweaker with AVLE. No future game shall intimidate me!
However, AVLE pretty much has stayed dialed in. Is SW so finicky it is just constantly needing adjusting on an ongoing basis?

It took a while to tweak the ramps, the shooter guide, and the playfield incline just right, but once it was done I haven't touched those since.....

#3221 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

For competitive play I definitely see this. I had selected R2D2 and played thru the Endor modes, completed light saber Dual and also gotten to victory multi ball by completing all of Endor. I ended up with a score of 830 Mill. The guy I was playing scored 670 mill on a multiplied video mode had a decent tie fighter multi-ball and ended up with 870 mill for the victory.
Anyone have a good stack suggested that is more lucrative?
I used to pick Han, select light tattooine from the plunge, loop the ramp to light endor, then play stacked endor and tatooine modes then stack both multiballs.
This used to be pretty lucrative but in the latest code they eliminated stacking the final planet modes so I'm not sure what's best on the latest code.

Play as Han, and choose +5 Tiefighters. Hit the tie target and pound the button to build the tiefighters. Also start making Hoth shots until Hoth 1 lights. Go for the 35 tiefighters to start Tiefighter Multiball. Once multiball is done your multiplier should be up there above 30x just from bounces during MB. Keep it alive until Video mode and/or Hoth 1 light up (preferably both), and make the Hoth inner loop shot with the high multiplier on it. You'll do video mode then once or twice with a high multiplier, and a cool billion points after this is not uncommon, especially with 40X on the Hoth loop and both video mode & Hoth 1 consecutive. Play modes from there, and keep building Tiefighters as you can for some extra balls (if enabled)....until Lightsaber Duel slows things down!

2A8BA341-E560-4B77-B806-C088C78AB970 (resized).jpeg

#3227 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think the issue with the score muliplier is it just gets too high too easily.

Too high too easily??? To max it out to 40X it takes 19 hits of the 3 bank, and then knocking down the FORCE bank 4 times, all while making sure the ricochet off of the 3 bank doesn't drain no matter how bad it wants to. Plus the timer gets shorter and you have to line up the X with the appropriate shot. For mere humans not named Bowen I wouldn't call easy....

Quoted from chubtoad13:

They could mitigate this by making the 3 bank hits more specific. Use that screen! Have Tie fighters appear above random targets. Destroy a tie fighter, increase the multiplier. Hit a target without a tie fighter and it just adds time to the current multiplier.

Hmm...I do like this idea though....

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Right now if I hit video mode with less than 15x it feels like I failed.

*THAT* I can agree with!!!

#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:

How do you guys keep your helmet from fogging up while playing?

The Force......

#3244 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

This game is so much fun! So hard, but so rewarding. Had a good Lightsaber Duel mode today. Not sure how this stands up to others, but felt good to me! What a rush!!

Very strong score!!! I had 1.1B on it a around the holidays, haven't got close to that since......

#3249 1 year ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Just need an R2 topper and I think I am done upgrading/modding the game. Stern..any time...whenever you’re ready...any second now.

420 Tiefighters?????? Damn......

#3266 1 year ago
Quoted from HugoChinaski:

mschonbrun
Hello. Thank you for answering. I was struggling around a billion for some time, and then i found out a perfect way to go past 10 billion (I've scored over 10b around twenty times)
You pick R2D2, light Endor and Death star missions.
While you finish those missions, you need to complete one hyperspace hurry up and have around 25-30 tie fighters. If you can also star double multipliers its better.
Then you launch the two mission multiballs (endor & death star) While you do them, you should have also the tie fighters and the hyperspace multiballs. With that you can easily finish all those multiballs missions and jackpots, your multiplier will be x20 or x40, so you can do some 4 or 5 billions shots.
You should be between 5 and 20b with just that. Try to repeat with tattoine and hoth missions and you'll be over 20b!
Funny story, today I did 25billion on my first ball, the last 2 were shitty and I climbed to 28b using the "5% score" at the beginning
Good luck !

Awesome scoring......Are you playing Endor & Death Star Mission 4 (Multiball) missions at the same time or separately?? If they are at the same time that is not a default setting on the latest code (V1.00). I can see if you get the Tie & Hyperspace multiball going then at the same time as well having both Endor & Death Star Mission going scores could blow up....

#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from HugoChinaski:

aukraut
Hello, thank you
The pinball is at a Bar so i'm not really sure which version is it running on, but I know the guy keeps it updated very often. I play both of them at the same time, i've always done that, I didn't know that it was a setting..
And yes the score can go really high really quickly, especially if you do two victory multiballs with the tie fighters and hyperspace multiballs!

Thanks, having multiple Mission 4 MBs going at the same time would help explain that, and then especially with 2 Victory Multiballs at the same time as well. Makes me feel better of my 5B high score, as I have Missions on default.......whew!!! LOL!!

#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Where did you get that lockdown bar label? I can’t find it to save my life.

There are 2 different ones for sale here on Pinside, and Cointaker sells a Laseriffic made one as well....

#3342 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

My right scoop was firing SDTM no matter how I adjusted the solenoid power. I tried turning the scoop above the hole to point towards the side ball guide but that provided little help. I decided to bend the ball guide but didn't see any guidance how to do that so I thought I would post the method I used. Took all of 5 minutes.
If you remove the Jedi Training target that is just in front of the ball guide, we can gain access to the ball guide. Here you can see the ball guide with the target removed. Notice where the metal ball guide rests in relation to the black outline around the target opening.

Loosen the 2 nuts from below the playfield that hold the ball guide tight to the PF. You do not need to remove these nuts. I placed some electrical tape on the face of the ball guide to protect the finish. Using an adjustable wrench, gently bend the end of the ball guide out to the center of the PF. It does not need to move much so go easy when bending.

In this picture, you can see exactly how far I moved mine. Basically from overlapping the target opening to just to the edge of the opening. Reassemble and tighten the ball guide nuts. With my solenoid power at 64, the ball now hits the lane guide above the left flipper. Backed the power down to 25 and it hits the center or just above center every time! No more frustrating drains to end my multiball!

Did you try adjusting the VUK so that it is square with the hole?? Steve Ritchie mentioned that in one of his interviews as the fix for that problem as some where assembled off a hair, and that did the trick on mine.

#3344 1 year ago

Vertical Up-kicker

#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I did indeed try that first and it did not help. In the end, bending the ball guide like this was way easier and more effective.

Cool, as long as it works!

#3366 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

On a different note, does anyone have an issue where the Ball Save or new ball ejects 2 instead of 1 ball? Or does the machine just think I need a handicap because I suck?

Happens occasionally on mine as well, as well as sometimes leaving the ball in the shooter lane during Multiball. I’m going to make sure it is set right first this weekend, else I’ll swap it out.

#3378 1 year ago

Hmmm.....with all these other reports of 2 balls in the shooter lane this may NOT be switch related....

#3381 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine only has ever happened during multiball, and the game never failed to launch them. If a ball is ever sitting in the shooterlane and not launched, you definitely have a switch issue.

Oh, mine is on MB as well only.......

1 week later
#3477 1 year ago

Picked this shooter up at Louisville this weekend.......I like it!!!

IMG_5933.JPG

#3479 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

How about some free play and instruction cards? Anyone have links or files to post? Thanks!

Suggestion: go to the top of the thread page and search for "cards"......all kinds of choices will pop up, even a few I made.

#3497 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m starting to notice a few of the mentioned problems now. Balls coming sdtm when hitting the left loop (with ramp down) or coming off so hard it will bounce over the flippers and drain.
Also seeing occasional autoplunger going off tie bank and down left outlane.
Right saucer (Tatooine) comes out HOT but usually hits the left flipper. Unless I’m so stupid as to try to flip it with my left. Then it goes right under it. Sometimes my reflexes make me because it’s going so fast!!
I’m about as close to perfect level as I can make it. 6.8 degrees and level. What has worked for people?
Thanks in advance.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I have trouble backhanding the death star ramp along with the right ramp at 7....I can backhand the left ramp easy....maybe I guess need to lower mine...

Seriously, SW Premium is the *one* pin that does not need an increase in pitch, it will not play right at any other pitch than 6.5. Been there done that, and so have many others that have had ours for a while.....

#3500 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Whats the pinguy app?

Go to your smartphone’s App Store and search for pinguy. It’s a level & pitch app for smartphones.

#3506 1 year ago

Stern just posted V1.01 code for our pins.......grab those USB sticks!

Highlight for me:

- The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the
trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served.

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It doesn’t look like they addressed the hyperloop issue in this update. I’m surprised that wasn’t the highest priority fix.

While annoying, the hyperloop issue rarely caused a ball drain. The Mission Select ball release problem ALWAYS caused a ball drain, so I can understand why they concentrated on that fix first.

I had a chance to speak to Dwight this last weekend at Louisville Expo, and he mentioned that he has a SW LE in his own private collection. We talked about some mods he himself is considering, although when queried about any upcoming code updates he quickly quoted the company line. With him having one in his own collection it bodes well for more future code fixes as he will most likely also run into issues we experience himself...

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Does the update erase your high scores?

All of them so far have, so I wouldn't expect any different from this one. Really wish that Stern would turn this off in their system base code........

#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I never understood this. Almost all updates change the scoring to "some" degree. Sometimes minor, sometimes dramatic. High scores are achieved on a certain game code. A high score retained on new code that was achieved on previous code doesn't seem right to me.
That being said, I believe you can use pinball browser to manually enter in the scores.

I can understand that point of view as well, especially on some early code where scoring balance can be out of whack. However it's not just high scores, audits and settings are lost as well.

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. I've read a ton here and I'm unable to find a definitive answer. What pitch are you using that will fix these annoying issues?
With 6.6, 6.7 I get the ball save auto plunger - to 3 bank target - to left outlane drain. So frustrating!
Some here say that 6.5 is the answer. This feels really slow to me. And I still got the left outlane drain although not as much.
I tried 7. I think that was causing bad airballs that hit the glass from the diverter out of the hyperloop.
Is there a happy medium?
Please chime in. Thanks

Pitch at 6.5 is what most have had success here and is recommended by Steve Ritchie himself.

Left outlane drains: Don't use the pitch to help this, adjust the right lane guide on the shooter lane to the appropriate spot. Fairly easy on a Premium/LE, just remove the plastic to the right of the metal lane guide and loosen the 1/4" head screw. It may take a few iterations to get it right, even a 1/16" movement make a big difference. Let it autoplunge numerous times with the glass off to get it right, then fully tighten and replace the plastic.

Keep in mind that the autoplunge power can vary sometimes, so even this is not 100%, but still a big improvement.

Airballs on the loop diverter happen at all pitch settings, it's a timing issue between the magnets firing in sync with the diverter coils. Hopefully Dwight can figure out a software fix for it soon.

#3564 1 year ago

This was the answer. I moved it about 1/16” out and it absolutely fixed the problem. Fantastic! Thank you for this. I did need to remove/move a few other items to gain access to the 1/4 screw. It plays much better. No more ball save auto plunge outlane drains!

Awesome!! Glad it worked out for you!! Thank Steve Ritchie, he talked about this fix in that youtube video Stern did a couple of months back. He was right on the money.

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks for the conversation on setup everybody. With that autoplunger drain fix, did you move the ball guide out into the playfield (shooting ball more left) or in (so ball shoots straighter)?

The fix depends on how it's misadjusted from factory.....some left, some right.

So could someone kinda describe how the shots should flow?
1. On a full plunge it should hit three-bank and then force?
2. Left flipper should be able to backhand left ramp, possibly left orbit, Death Star. Forehand right loop, right ramp, right orbit and scoop?
3. Right flipper should backhand what? And forehand what?
4. Most important to me now is the right loop should come down to left flipper? (Not sdtm!)
5. And left loop goes to where?

1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Backhand right ramp and 3 bank, forehand everything else to the left of the 3 bank
4. Correct, once again a metal rail adjustment tweak should correct any issues
5. Right flipper

Sorry that’s so long but I just want to know what is the standard I shoot for as I’m levelling and adjusting.
Also, what does coil pulse strength adjust? All the coils? I set it to low and didn’t notice any change. Is there a way to turn down the scoop power? That is impossible to control for me. Frequently sdtm (but has a ball saver... that goes to left outlane )

Coil pulse strength is just as you described, for all coils.

Scoop power is Right VUK adjustment. It can be adjusted up/down in strength via menu settings. Ideally it should be set to default settings. If the VUK itself is 100% square to the hole itself it will shoot the ball to the left flipper. If it isn't square it once again can be adjusted by loosening its mounting screws and squaring things up.

#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

This divertor should be closed when the game is launching a ball.

Understand your concern about the ball hitting the gate, but this wouldn't be right either. In a MB situation where autolaunches can occur, Escape having achieved with the FORCE targets made you don't want the gate to be closed on a right outlane ball, even if a launch is going on.

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any game with magnets will eventually. Since it doesn't stop and hold the ball it probably will take longer to magnetize them. As many metal ramps as are in this game the balls will probably need changing long before they are magnetized.

It does hold the ball on a Death Star mode start.

#3600 1 year ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Just sent this to Stern: I would like to report a bug that has shown up a few times now. I’m running V1.0 firmware on a SW LE
This bug occurs when the ball is being launched around the hyperspace loop. When it finishes and the diverter redirects the ball to the right flipper lane, the flippers are dead and so the ball drains. It doesn’t say “tilt” or indicate a problem. Once the ball drains, you get the bonus and normal game play resumes. It doesn’t happen every time the hyperspace loop is activated.
Has anyone else had this happen?

Yes, however I haven't seen it since I've gotten V1.01 installed.....but as you said, it doesn't happen everytime, so I can't say for sure if it got solved by V1.01!

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

This is addressed specifically in 1.01. It still happens but you no longer lose your ball.

Maybe. The fix reads "The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served."

Hyperspace loop is not a mission selection, so it may not be covered. Until someone at Stern confirms it is we'll just have to test and hope it is covered.

#3629 1 year ago

The bad. Ball save/Auto plunge is still giving me grief. The ball ricochets off the tie fighter 3 bank and drains on the left outlane MUCH too frequently (maybe 25%). I thought I had this fixed before, but NOPE. The coil strength is definitely varied from auto plunge to auto plunge. I’ve tried moving the metal ball guide 1/16” either direction. I’ve triple checked that my game is level. I’ve tried 6.5-7.0 slope. Nothing helped. Grrrrrrr! I wish stern would give us an update with a ball launcher coil strength adjustment but I’m not holding my breath.
Junky

Agreed!! Spent some time on mine last night trying to finetune this myself. The variation in autoplunge strength is a PITA, talking about splitting hairs in moving that plunger lane guide by a 1/64" of an inch so that both manual and autoplunge won't autodrain......think I found a point where it's down to 1 in 20, but that will probably drift in time and use......

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I would like to add a subwoofer to S.W.P. I don't see any for sale at pinnovator, just a kit to hook you own box? I don't want a sub on the floor, just a better woofer in the bottom of the cabinet. I ordered a kit for my S.T. from flipper fidelity which I don't like at all. The bass drowned out all voices & call outs so that I could not make them out. I put the original speakers back into the speaker panel and left the sub in the lower which helped a lot. It still does not sound right though and I am going back to 100% stock on S.T. and feel I wasted $150 plus shipping now. Is there any good kits that produce clear and balanced sound for these Stern games? Of course all these games need more bass but not at the expense of losing clear voice call-outs, etc. Any help advice really appreciated!

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did you talk to Mike at FF? I have his sub/woofers in my games and they sound good. I removed the dial thing since it sounded better to me without it.
I don't have any spike games so maybe there is a different configuration for spike. Give him a ring.

Great timing, as I *just* now installed the Flipper Fidelity Spike 2 Kit with 8" sub & Speakerlight option on my SW Premium. I had previously installed Doug's SpeakerLights, so I knew to order these with the SpeakerLight option or the right backbox speaker will not fit in a Spike 2 cabinet.

Install took 20 minutes, very simple to do with great instructions included. Most everything is plug and play with existing HW. However, with SpeakerLights you must remove the crossbars on the factory speaker mount so that the protruding tweeters will clear on the replacement backbox speakers. Heavy duty pair of diagonal cutters took care of this easily. The Woofer requires the standard cutting of the speaker wire to remove the old woofer and crimping on of the connectors. Once again, simple remove and replace.

My SW Premium had (what I thought at the time) great sounding factory speakers, so I almost didn't make the change. Now that I did I am happy with it. There is a definite sound improvement, with some noticeable new sounds on the lower frequencies that were not audible before. Having the new audio adjustments that Stern has now included in the system setup code really helps one tweak it perfectly.

#3719 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

So my buddy was over and we were comparing his pro to my LE. My scoop shoots just to the tip of the left flipper, his shoots to the right. Does anyone know where it's intended to shoot? Thanks

According to Steve Ritchie's Stern youtube interview it's supposed to shoot to the left flipper at the default setting. If it doesn't make sure your right scoop VUK is square with the hole.

#3733 1 year ago

Can you please post a link to that interview? Thanks in advance

Correction on my part: it was actually on Facebook Live, not youtube. If you go to Stern Pinball's Facebook site, click on the Videos link, it was the hour plus interview on December 14, 2017.

#3757 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I bought a really quiet 80mm fan, glued on two rare earth magnet disks and stuck it in the backbox just above the power supply pointing upward. This fan runs 100% of the time the machine is powered on and draws air up through the power supply enough to keep the noisy fan from ever coming on. Once you put the backglass on the added fan is basically silent. My fan has not come on since I bought this. YMMV.
Here are a few more details. I purposely bought a non-PWM fan the Noctua FLX model. It came with a 2-pin molex adapter cable which I cut and installed a standard Stern 12v power connector onto. I also bought the Stern 8-way power splitter from Pinball Life. This splitter is cool and it also uses magnets to stick onto the metal back box. Links below. Also, pictures show the magnet installation with five minute epoxy and an overall shot that shows the installation location along with the power splitter. It is very important that the fan blows upward to aid in the natural convection rather than fight it.
http://a.co/03lwGmV
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4359
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3893
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

Cool! (No pun intended).....

What size are those magnets?? I’ve already got the fan ordered....

#3823 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I did it! Finally!! Right after complaining I haven’t done it...BOOM!

Awesome!!! The best part is it still feels awesome when you do it again later.....it never gets old!!

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious about le/premium owners thoughts about the game now after it's been out a long time now? Depth, reliability, durability etc. Considering a premium.

Had mine since November 8th, and it has not gotten old, it has gotten better. Be prepared to hate this pin and to love it, for it is fast and mean, yet oh so satisfying when you do make your shots and rack up the points. Best risk vs. reward pin I've ever played. I will also say that this pin has made me a better player, and my GC scores on my other two pins at home (LOTR & MMr) have more than doubled since SW came into the house.

#3987 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah. I like the idea of them criss-crossing, that way you could get some pretty fun combos intermixing the ramps and loop. It would be nice to get confirmation and a fix recommendation.
I fine tuned my level left/right a bit more and it seems I pretty consistently get it to hit the flippers but there's still always a chance I get stdm. I tried looking at ways to adjust the loop but I see nothing they can be done short of the tape mod

There will ALWAYS be a chance for a SDTM on that shot, as how it reacts depends on speed and spin of the ball, slickness of playfield, etc. Most any pin that has had a tight inner loop being fed from the lower flippers like that will never be 100%. Had a ToM years ago, did the same thing on the inner loop, 90%+ shots were safe, but always 1 in 10 went SDTM.

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Not completely safe, but on my Pro it's not nearly that bad. I'd doubt even 1 in 100 goes down the middle

Agreed, mine is about that way as well. My ToM was MUCH worse........

#3994 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't have a real problem with the SDTM cheap drains, but the left outlane is really brutal even after lowering the post.

This......

#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems more on the Prem+ from what I'm hearing?

It does, and my guess to the difference is that extra post that the Pro has at the bottom of the drop target bank. According to Steve Ritchie's video interview that extra post on the Pros was there to help protect the 5 standup FORCE targets the Pro was originally supposed to have, but got upgraded at the last minute to a drop target bank just like the Prem/LE. Since it was a last minute decision they never revisited that post, so the Pros have one, the Prem/LEs don't.

One or two Prem/LE owners added that post in on their own, to which Steve begs us not to as the Prem/LE is not supposed to have it, even if the goodie bag includes it......

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The post on the pro at the bottom of the drops absolutely makes it play easier. But perhaps it is countered when many premium owners move the posts down on the outlines.

Moving the left outlane post down seems to have made zero difference on my machine......I'm sure it actually has, but it sure don't seem like it.

#4048 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I got the idea from Pinsider chipscott, who deserves the credit. See posts 2512, 2532 and 2540.

Others have done the same with similar ships, before chipscott. I like the Mattel fighters, check post 2246, 2345, 2350, and I copied others who had done similar......

#4083 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would like to quiet down the power supply fan or change the cooling solution completely. What is the best mod for this? The fan is at the top of the power supply and turns on periodically despite placing another quieter, always-on fan on top of it.

I did the larger auxiliary fan mod for mine a couple of weeks ago and the Stern PSU internal fan has not come on since. Is your auxiliary fan in pull mode above the PSU, i.e. pulling the air out of the PSU??

Here is a pic of mine installed, with a link to the fan used:

IMG_5990 (resized).JPG

amazon.com link »

#4085 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How did you connect it to the board?

I used the wiring harness that came with the fan and soldered on a standard Stern 5V/12V Molex 3 prong type connector to it, using the 12V connector and ground only. That I plugged into a PinballLife Spike 2 auxiliary power board, such as one of the ones linked below. It gets power directly from the Stern boards in the backbox.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4392

#4102 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Quick question, where should the ball go after you plunge it and it hits the targets? Is it supposed to go to the drop targets?

Ideally yes....reality is that the auto plunge strength varies so much it you really don't know....

#4103 1 year ago

Just wanting to vent......last night was one of those frustrating SW playing nights, couldn't get a decent game to save my life.....and at least 1 if not 2 balls each game was some sort of drain down the left outlane...and I've got it set-up & fine-tuned as good as it can get. If someone had offered me a halfway decent trade last night I probably would have taken them up on it!!!!!

....but I feel better now since I slept on it!

#4110 1 year ago
Quoted from HPR:

Put the rubber at the lowest position and check the right-left slope. Maybe give it a little right slope to help on the lower speed rebound to the left side and save a few drain that way.

Check and check, all already done and been done for a while. I'm guessing it's something along the lines of lunar gravitation influences are affecting the way it plays.

While I enjoy challenges in my pinball games, I'm getting way to frustrated too often with this pin, and I've been one of it's biggest proponents and defenders. Yes, it's a challenge, and yes it's unbelievable fun, but damn........

#4112 1 year ago
Quoted from speederice:

Same here. I am begging for an auto-plunger adjustment setting in a future code update.

I’d settle for autoplunger consistency.....

#4115 1 year ago
Quoted from HPR:

Also check if there's a warp in your playfield toward the outlane.
Mine had a moderate warp and the game was harder to play because of that.
Now the playfield got his natural humidity and it is now straight and more easier.
Scored more than 5 billions (yes i'm a better player since i have this game !! )
And my final recommendation, Steve Ritchie recommendation''Play Better''
Learn where not to shoot to avoid direct rebound in the outlanes

Oh yeah, already checked for warpage long ago.....and have 5 billion scores as well.

Same M.O., my game has improved as well since I bought it NIB last November, just lately I've been as cold a Hoth winter playing it, while my playing on other pins has stayed consistent.......

#4121 1 year ago
Quoted from francky93:

I am waiting my premium for the end of this month, some mods are waiting in my game-room
2 orders are on way to complete the mods ...

You won't need that LED light tube to replace the fluorescent bulb: there isn't one!

1 week later
#4202 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just heard about this-
http://www.betson.com/marketing/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf?mc_cid=94c058ebfe&mc_eid=7a43814633
An advisory from Stern about shaker motors and slam tilt issues. I have a Pinball Life Spike 2 shaker motor and have no issues.

This happened to me the first time Monday night out of nowhere. I do have the PBL Spike 2 shaker......

#4212 1 year ago

I emailed pinballlife today, to see what their take is on it and promptly received this reply from them:
"Hi Julian,
as long you are installing it in a SPIKE or SPIKE 2 game with the latest game code the kits are 100% good to go. SPIKE and SPIKE 2 machines do NOT use the grounding capacitor so your shaker units should not have them.
Best Regards,
Terry"
So all is well with pinballlife shakers. Anyway, I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever since I had installed it right after receiving the pin.

That's all fine and good, but as I said earlier my PBL Shaker equipped SW Premium did experience a Slam Tilt out of nowhere two nights ago. I've talked to my distributor and they are ordering me one of the kits.

It does make me hesitate in putting in a PBL shaker into my BM66 when it comes in.....

#4260 1 year ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I picked up an LE yesterday and the seller included these toys that he bought for it but never installed. Does anyone have a link to a good way/place to install them in an LE? Thanks.

thearcadegeek - Here are some toy mounting pics and ideas from my Premium, using Mattel Star Wars fighters:

IMG_6028 (resized).JPG
IMG_6029 (resized).JPG
IMG_6030 (resized).JPG
IMG_6031 (resized).JPG
IMG_6032 (resized).JPG

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

aukraut did you get your Prem at Bumpernets?

Yessir....

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Here is a picture of the shooter knob (from Stern's site):

THAT took all that extra time since SW's release to get approved???? smh.....

1 week later
#4464 1 year ago

My LOTR is that way, no way for a mirror glad to fit, just too tight......

#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I thought if you beat it I wouldn’t come back now?

It doesn't, he's talking about losing a ball during lightsaber duel. Even if you lose it at 1 second to go, it restarts at full time.

#4578 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Upgraded to 1.03 and on the second game experienced the dreaded flippers are dead issue and the ball drained. I’m still not sure what the sequence of events are that causes it. One time it started video mode while the ball was still on the playfield, but there is at least one other vector. I was hoping this release would have squashed this bug.

I think this was squashed with a previous release, but this release reintroduced it again........sigh.....

#4651 1 year ago

Mirror blades installed nicely in my Premium:

IMG_6028 (resized).JPG

IMG_6029 (resized).JPG

IMG_6032 (resized).JPG

#4656 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Where did you get your blades? I’m hopibg to install the ones from cointaker...

Pinballsidemirrors.com, however it was before they got bought out by Cointaker.

#4661 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haven’t been following the thread close enough, so my apologies if repeated. Just installed new code, first game in the groove rockin and rollin, blowing up Escape from Hoth and Hyperspace Multiball, crossing 3bil, and bam, flippers died, system locked, reset. Wtf haha

Hey Zach, mine has doe it once, issues is known to Stern as a TSB exists:

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-advisory-shaker-motors/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

#4663 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I also got mine from Cointaker.
I know not everybody likes mirrorblades, but I love how they look on my premium, in my opinion.
They are a tight fit in this machine, but with the pf up, you can nudge the pf to the left and right a couple centimeters, and make it work no problem.

Centimeters??? Millimeter or two, yes, but *definitely* not centimeters......

2 weeks later
#4919 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

A quick FYI for those thinking about mirror blades and a question for those who have them. I installed mirror blades and they were really tight. Even giving me resistance when I tried to put the playfield back into position. Then, when I went to check an issue, my playfield got caught on the middle mirror blade screw. Luckily I removed it without damaging the playfield. I thought it was the screw not being totally flush as a design flaw or bad screw head. But when I looked, the blades were bowed out towards the playfield. There is a metal clip of some sort screwed into the cabinet sides about 1/3 from the front of the cabinet. There is nothing connected to it. Have no idea what it is for. But the mirror blades sit over this, causing it to bow out. That tension, plus the rattle of the game worked the screw head out enough to be able to catch on the playfield. So, for now, I am omitting the middle mirror blade screw and everything is ok. Wondering if I can remove those metal clips so that the mirrors will sit more flush to the cabinet side? Have no idea what they are for. I'll snap a pic of them this evening to help make more sense.

That metal clip is a playfield centering clip, which helps put the playfield in the center of the cabinet when lowered. That way the playfield doesn't band around while moving/transporting the pin. When I installed my mirror blades, I took those clips off, installed the blade, and then reinstalled the clip which slightly overlapped the mirror. This may or may not work for you, depending on cabinet and/or mirror blade variances. If the clip will not work with the mirror blade, I'd just leave the clips off and set them aside.

3 weeks later
#5136 1 year ago

I'd send a pic to Stern, maybe given the circumstances and evidence they may reissue one....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside