IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2481 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I would love it if someone made a YouTube of the new code gameplay

Found this today:

1 year later
#6387 5 years ago

Yep - just joined this club last weekend by trading for a practically new HUO Premium and ol' Jack Danger has been a big help in learning the rules and strategy. Just wish I had half his skills too!

Lovin' Star Wars so far too! Having much more fun now than with the LE I occasionally played on route that was mean as hell.

2 weeks later
#6476 5 years ago

Cool - thanks. Did they blow up the Death Star? Haven't see this yet (w/ full lighting effects) - on my game or any streamed.

#6483 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Death star destroyed 1:48

Just watched - very cool! Martin seems like he is now a little more of a Star Wars fan than he was at the start of the stream anyway.

I like his separate "F me" clip too. Classic and SO familiar!

Thanks again!

#6499 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all, i search a new pinball for my collection : deadpool and iron maiden. Is SW premium a good choice ? I have read a lot of negative things about this pinball.
Is it great ? A good choice ? Not boring ?
Thanks for your answer ;o)

I didn't care that much for SW based on playing it (Pro and LE) on route. I ended up trading for a Premium on a whim and now that I have it set up right at home as well as know the rules - holy hell this game is so much fun! Shoots so cleanly, the code is fantastic, and the hyper loop is SO F'in COOL!!!

And I'm not close to being a big SW movie fan either.

#6518 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I go back and forth on characters to play modes I usually don’t see. My default character is usually Han or R2D2 based on the number of modes already lit. ..

"Leia all daya!"

- Jack Danger

#6526 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

... Next thing you know Jar Jar Binks will be making call outs in the game. LOL. Oh the humanity.

Word on the street is Stern is saving this until the vault edition.

Yet ANOTHER reason to get a SW now!

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I have been modifying the audio on my SW premium. Was starting to look at the video assets too in order to see if I can replace some of the Yoda end ball comments for some variety. I am SO putting in the worst Jar Jar moments for the ball drain. You think Yoda got annoying! How wude...over and over again!

Mesa do getsa tired of hearen Yoda all da time.

#6549 5 years ago

I have shakers in all my games that use them and I love the added effect that they provide! I've never had a shaker cause a part connection to break that I'm aware of, and if it somehow has, I would bet that the connection was defective to begin with.

Star Wars is the only game that I have turned the shaker setting down to the low setting. The match video explosion shaker effect was way too long and drastic otherwise.

#6575 5 years ago

I have two sets (see #'s 1 - 4 below) of Stern Star Wars art blades available from the full set I just purchased. $65 via PayPal per set includes USPS Priority Mail to lower 48. PM me with choice(s) if interested.

UPDATE: Both sets are now SOLD.

Stern Star Wars pinball art blades for sale (resized).jpgStern Star Wars pinball art blades for sale (resized).jpg

1 month later
#6873 5 years ago

Back in the club (so to speak) after my Premium was out of action while I transformed it into an Imperial Stormtrooper edition:

BEFORE

SW Pinball BEFORE (small) (resized).jpgSW Pinball BEFORE (small) (resized).jpg

AFTER

SW full angle 1 (2) (resized).jpgSW full angle 1 (2) (resized).jpgSW front (2) (resized).jpgSW front (2) (resized).jpgSW playfield plus (2) (resized).jpgSW playfield plus (2) (resized).jpg

2 months later
#7387 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

... Might as well install a foot pedal for it.

Oooooooh! BRILLIANT!!!

#7402 4 years ago

This game, while brutal, is SO MUCH FUN!

Just sayin'.

1 week later
#7414 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I love the moving multipliers, it adds such a cool layer of strategy IMO. It’s also the difference between a decent score and an amazing one.

I love those too. So satisfying when you can build them up and then strategically relocate them and hit a big payoff shot!

#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick question for SW premium owners: what colored lighted flipper buttons look best? I was thinking red or maybe orange would match both sides best. Now that I've made this one a keeper, time to add a little bling.

Mine has green on the right (see pic below) and purple on the left. Don't have a picture of the left side handy, but I think I'd do blue on the left now. It would also match the blue start button I installed.

SW right (resized).jpgSW right (resized).jpg

5 months later
#8278 4 years ago

For those interested, twenty84 (ChromeCandyPinball on Twitch) did a stream a few days ago with a dedicated camera on the new SW topper the whole time:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527437553

The most interactivity I noticed was when R2D2 did a full 360 degree rotation after a free ball was won. Otherwise, it appears to be fairly sedate.

#8280 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

R2 does quite a few things I have noticed. For this stream, it would have been more noticeable with direct audio capture, since a lot of what is added is audio + the movement. He is more active when you play as R2, since he seems to move more in the modes he is in.
*Tilt / Warning he will freak out
*Mystery he will move similar to the R2 on the screen
*Bonus countdown (when R2 is pictured on the screen) he mimics the movements of the screen R2
*When selecting R2 character before 1st ball he moves and beeps to acknowledge he is picked
*Ball save (when playing as R2) springs him into action when the animation pops up
If you have the volume up, you will definitely notice R2 while playing because of all the extra R2 beeps and movement sounds.
One of the best parts of the topper that I didn't expect is how R2 brings the machine to life in attract mode. You can adjust the interval when he makes sounds and moves in attract. Default is every 20 minutes. The execution is pretty good overall.

Good info - thanks!

Now if it only looked better and wasn't so expensive ...

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So which screw hole is that screwed into? If only one of the two screws are used doesnt it move a tiny bit when hit?

Looks to be tight against the playfield rail so shouldn't be going anywhere.

This is a great adjustment that I wasn't previously aware of. Thanks for posting again @D-Gottlieb!

4 months later
#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Would love any suggestions on the adjustments that can be made other than the outlane posts. I am getting a lot of SDTM shots and ball launch drains. There are times that I don't even touch a flipper and get two successive drains from launching and ball save launch. So frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Change the slope of your playfield. Start out at 6.5 degrees and then go shallower or steeper incrementally until you find one that plays better for you.

#8857 3 years ago

More pimping out of my Star Wars game! Just added interactive undercab lighting, speaker panels, Darth Vader tie fighter, Pin Monk's colored insert gels, and Titan translucent rings.

Star Wars is a game that has surprised me in how much fun it continues to be! I've had my Premium a couple of years now and it's one of my favorites to play in my current collection.

DSC05341 small (resized).jpgDSC05341 small (resized).jpg
DSC05287 med (resized).jpgDSC05287 med (resized).jpg
DSC05283 (resized).JPGDSC05283 (resized).JPG

#8859 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

... I did white powder on the wireforms in my Stern Star Trek LE and that looked cool. I like it here too. Is there a reason you did the returns but not the loop?
And how do you see anything on the right side of the playfield? That tie fighter looks huge...

Thanks - I wouldn't typically powdercoat a game white, but I really like it for Star Wars in creating an "Imperial Stormtrooper" look.

I left the hyperloop wireforms as original chrome to keep them distinctive from the ramp returns as well as give the playfield more variety.

While slightly larger, the Darth Vader tie fighter doesn't really block anything except for the expansive (and unlit) art area under it. The angle of the photo in my prior post is misleading, here's an actual average height (5'-10") player's angle of view:

Darth Vader tie fighter player angle (resized).jpgDarth Vader tie fighter player angle (resized).jpg

I added interior LED lighting to it as well, but am currently awaiting a voltage booster to brighten the effect.

#8861 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Still huge but I do like the white powder coating. Maybe the Vader Tie Fighter might make a better topper.

lol

Could still use a topper yet, but WAAAY too small for that. A LOT cheaper alternative than the Stern offering anyway! Although, most anything not made of precious minerals is cheaper than that topper.

#8864 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Vader’s ship there looks awesome ..whole machine looks awesome ! what brand ship is that and how did you mount it ?

Thanks. It's a Hallmark ornament (like the X-Wing fighter I added in the pops area). I fashioned a stiff wire tie of my own, screwed one end into the bottom of the ship and secured the other end under the nearby nut that holds down the adjacent wireform return.

#8866 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What is the actual color of the powder, given there's a thousand different whites these days...

Prismatic Powders "Snowcone White"

1 week later
#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

What type of wire are y'all using to mount mods to the screws/posts? thanks in advance.

Whatever I've had on hand, including wire hangers. A bit larger gauge than ideal, but has worked fine in the end. I use a large headed short truss screw to fasten to bottom of fighters.

Quoted from mbrave77:

What balls do i need to use on this game? Anything special since the hyperloop uses magnets? ...

I've been using the same standard, commonly available, balls I use in all of my games and have had no issues.

2 weeks later
#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I can't stand that cartoon art at all. The movie was not a cartoon and the print quality of the original theme pin is excellent. No regrets for me.

Having choices is nice and to each their own. I'm glad to see that this art package excites others for what I consider to be a great game.

For me personally though, the cartoon version of SW is like the "Luci" version of AC/DC in that I don't consider it an improvement over the original art.

2 weeks later
#9001 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Wow what a game I just had. The adrenaline is seriously running through me. ...

Nice! Star Wars rocks!!!

2 weeks later
#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Hi! Where did you get your X wing mod?

eBay

It's a Hallmark ornament.

4 months later
#9783 3 years ago

A code update?! Cool!

Thank you Stern and Merry Christmas fellow SW owners!

#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Just got my first pinball machine ever, and it's a Star Wars Premium! Sadly it is currently sitting in my garage while I finish tiling my basement, but I hope to have it set up soon!

Enjoy that hyperloop (once you get the game set up)!

#9835 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

... and didn't much care for the Hyperloop. ...

?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.