IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Have they ever made a four-flipper game before?

GOTLE, ACDC LE, technically Monopoly had 4 flippers but only 3 user controlled to name a few...

1 week later
#386 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

That's possible but it does it every time,door open or not. :/

Did you try reinstalling the most recent code? Not sure if its available yet but worth a try.

#416 6 years ago

Anyone started a wiki on the rules for this game yet? I found that extremely helpful for GOT.

1 week later
#555 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

just checked .85 code and still no characters can play Hoth 1 mode. All the other modes are playable by at least 1 character.

Is that a big deal? It's a challenging shot to light the Hoth modes, personally I don't mind having to earn it. Very similar to lighting Targaryen in GOT - I like the risk/reward challenge of that shot.

#557 6 years ago

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Let's hope this gets added too; seems silly to have an insert for a mode that will never be played.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If he got bored with SW that fast, he should be able to sell LOTR within two weeks.

Lol. LOTR is my holy grail pin and will never leave my collection. With that said, I think I'd hate playing it if was my only pin. You nailed it, it would feel different really quickly if I didnt have some short ball time games like IM or TWD to mix it up a bit.

1 week later
#723 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Have a SW on order and am waiting. There are not any around me to play yet.
Question though - if SW was the baby of two, or even 3, pins which would they be? I heard IM and Got before. Is that accurate?
Thanks!

Yes. I own GOTLE and IMVE and have played a lot of SW Pro. SW is the love child.

1 week later
#878 6 years ago

Video Mode in the next release?

#914 6 years ago

Lol. Yeah, thats part of the risk reward I find interesting. Do you gamble on having to go through more missions to get to the planet multiball with Leia knowing when you finally get there it'll be a big pay off or do you take Han or R2 on the shorter path but at a lower potential payoff? Choices are great!

#965 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can get a backhand up that Death Star ramp on a LE? I gave up yesterday as I didn't think it was possible.

I still have not been able to do it, but there's video posted in another thread showing its possible.

1 week later
#1037 6 years ago

SW is hands down a better pin from a gameplay perspective.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I think GB is a great game, lots of fun.
The problems of this one are the built quality, the draining monster, the tight entrance of the right ramp and the skillshot (never really understood it completely)
Never played SW but I think it has a less creative layout.

Totally agree, GB is pretty but its clunky.

SW is cookie cutter but smooth gameplay.

If you want a game to look at, GB is a good option. If you want one that shoots well SW is the better option. I just hope STERNs next pin is both good to look at and fun to shoot (and something unique layout wise).

1 week later
#1172 6 years ago

Is STERN doing another run of Pros before a second batch of Premiums?

#1195 6 years ago

How is the ghosting with these new Premiums? The LEs I've seen have looked good, maybe STERN figured out their playfield issues?

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Every stern game has them, they serve no purpose that I can see. Take them out if they interfere.

I believe those brackets have a very important purpose - they help center the playfield and keep it from pressing against one side of the cabinet or the other and allows for better alignment with the shooter rod. I always remove them, install my blades, and then reinstall after.

2 weeks later
#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The mystery animation wears on me. I'd like to be able to cancel that.

I use that time to make sure my shot multiplier is where I want it. Don't even notice how long the animation takes now.

1 week later
#1495 6 years ago

I like how the video mode suggests you can hit the action button to speed up at certain points, will make it even more challenging and entertaining. Do you take your hand off to boost and risk smacking an asteroid or bend over and look like a tool using your chin?

#1543 6 years ago

My pro got delivered today! Unboxed, no ghosting, and new code released on top of it all. Game is a hit with the family. 20171005_142702 (resized).jpg20171005_142702 (resized).jpg20171005_135139 (resized).jpg20171005_135139 (resized).jpg

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Awesome man! Is it like cold up there in MN?

Winter is coming... oh wait. Wrong thread (but one of my other favorite Ritchie/Dwight games).

#1603 6 years ago

This is one of the many reasons why I love this game so much... 40X mulitplier going, started Fett, hit 2 shots perfect, bricked the right ramp, hit the 3 bank to extend multiplier time, backhanded right ramp, then left loop and left ramp for the eacape. Every shot was at 40X. The beauty is there is juuuuuust enough time to move the multiplier while the ball is travelling and each made shot puts it on the flipper for the next. Just fantastic, adrenaline pumping, pinball action.
20171007_203828 (resized).jpg20171007_203828 (resized).jpg

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pure genius coding too imo. When I figured out you could do this with the multipliers in this mode, it blew my mind! Still haven't pulled it off, but so cool to try it. Very addicting.

Genius coding and genius audio. The background music alone in Escape from Boba Fett gets my heart pumping. Tie in the darkened strobe lighting and you have complete immersion in the theme. Let the haters hate, this game is epic.

#1607 6 years ago

Does anyone know if this game has or will have a super duper valinor type wizard mode for when you get through all 4 characters? I doubt I'll ever get there, but it's fun to think that there is that one mode hanging out there that maybe one day when the stars are aligned just right that you can get to and experience...

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I imagine that they probably will put some sort of crazy post-4character mode on the game...ill have to live vicariously through others to enjoy that though

That is what I'm talking about. I've made it to the Emperor a number of times (almost made it to the third character last night), was just wondering if anyone knows if there is something special after the fourth or if its just playing the same mode of defeat the emperor for the fourth time.

#1657 6 years ago

--------------------------------Star Wars Game Play Strategy----------------------------

For those interested, the following is one of my favorite strategies for getting deep into the game. If you try this strategy, even if you completely ignore the shot multiplier, you'll probably break a billion points at minimum, more importantly it'll help you get to some really fun modes like Light Saber Duel and Jedi Multiball.

- Pick R2-D2 (leaving your shot multipliers wider longer letting you concentrate on other things more than the risky 3 bank). Light the death star modes with the skill shot. Immediately move your multipliers to the horseshoe and the left ramp and just leave 'em.
- While the ball save is on, hammer away at the Hoth shot to light hoth modes.
- Gain control and light the Endor modes. Number one thing I can recommend is get really, really good at the left ramp backhand. It's a super easy, repeatable shot that comes in handy all the time (besides MB, it works great in destroy the tie fighters - if you don't have time or can't trap the ball, repeated ramp shots are easy while mashing the button).
- If you happen to hit the Hoth Shot or the Death Star shot before lighting Endor, I'd recommend passing (yes, for all those naysayers wondering why the hell there's a "pass" option it's there for a good reason.)
- Once Endor is lit, hit the Endor ramp. Select one of the hoth modes and one of the Death Star modes. The great thing about doing this is you leave the easy/safe shot open for your mode starts if you complete Endor last. Plus, for those that are having issues with Hoth rejects, essentially you almost never need to make a locking Hoth shot if your Endor shot is still lit, problem solved via work-around.
- Avoid going for Tie Fighters unless it's lit as a hurry up, then pound it.
- Avoid the 3 bank and drop targets - - these will all get taken care of on their own in the multiballs.
- Avoid the jedi targets - ditto on being taken care of in MBs.
- Hammer out the modes as best as you can. Always try to bring in one regular mode with a planet multiball. I purposely avoid starting two planet multiballs at the same time. They're just too useful in helping get through the other modes.
- On your second ball you can usually pick Light Tatooine (if you haven't already) and now all four planet modes are available.
- When you can, trap the ball on the right flipper and go for your hyperspace and hit the horseshoe to get it ready for the last hurry-up. Get this ready early but save the multiball. Bring that in whenever possible with a planet multiball.
- Delay starting Tie Fighter multiball as long as you can to try and bring that in with a planet multiball. It gives you really good odds at lighting your add-a-ball as well as getting to Victory Multiball.

Following this or a similar strategy will advance your FORCE targets, Jedi Training, and build your shot multiplier without having to consciously go for them and risk losing control. You'll get to 40X faster than ever, build your tie fighters towards extra balls and light Light Saber Duel much easier (I'm finding I'm getting to Light Saber Duel before even starting the video mode). After that, focus as much as you can on the combos and defeating Boba Fett and you'll set up defeat the Emperor before you know it. Sometimes I use this same strategy but with Han which helps get to the Emperor a little easier...

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Question, does R2-D2 make the bonus multiplier last longer? Or does he make the bonus multiplier stay "wide" through higher levels of bonus (i.e. the multiplier drops from three down to two inserts and then two down to one at certain multiplier levels, but those levels are higher with R2 than with the other characters)? Of course either of these is pretty good, but I read the in-game menus to suggest that it's the second.

Yeah - my understanding is just wider longer. which helps score more points if you're not paying attention and managing which shots are lit.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you gotten Jedi MB on new code? So much harder now that you have to complete Light Saber Duel.

Yessir - as long as you are getting multiballs it seems to advance to Light Saber Duel quickly, and it's fantastic. It carries over from ball to ball if you drain on it and I find it's not really all that difficult, especially if you pick Max Time on a follow up ball. The Emperor is usually next for me assuming I defeated Boba Fett, if not, I grind that out as quick as I can...

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Close twice.
Juuust missed via Boba. Juust missed via Emperor duel. I never really owned prior to 0.92+
T-800’s write up is good and pretty much essentially how I play. In one sentence: Avoid everything dangerous and spam the Endor ramp as much as possible.

Lol. Yup, that was a much more concise way of writing the strategy but on point.

2 weeks later
#1921 6 years ago

Anyone comment on Light Saber Duel in v0.93 (for Pro) compared to v0.92 and how repetitive it is? I'm on v0.92 and about to pull what little hair I have left out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Light Saber Duel, but yesterday I got it 4 times in one game. There needs to be a "pass" option on it after you either complete it or get it the first time, it's relighting way too frequently with all of the multiballs in this game. What's worse is when the mode starts it forgets all of the white lighted inserts that were already lit and are essential for trying to get to Escape from Boba Fett. Seems like all of a sudden getting to the Emperor is much, much harder now if you botch Escape from Boba Fett the first time (and man, that mode is seriously such a rush, one of my favorites in all of pinball - the stress, adrenaline, music, lighting, shots, they're awesome).

#1923 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I wish I had your problems..

Practice, you must. The force is strong with you.

#1925 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Same problem here. I just catch the ball on the flipper and wait for it to time out. However, after X seconds the instant status report comes up and stops the timer. I have to pass the ball to the other flipper (hopefully) and wait for the mode to timeout. I haven't noticed that it screws up escape from boba fett progress, hopefully they fix that.

I really hope they do. I was on my second attempt at trying to get away from that guy, had a good 5 or 6 white inserts ready to go and then accidentally hit the drop targets and all of a sudden I'm in light saber duel again, completed it, and then no more white inserts. had to start my combos again to light them up which is always harder the second time through...

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can play LSD even after completing it?

I not only played it, but completed it FOUR times in one game yesterday.

#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

OK, now you're just bragging
#firstworldproblems
#firstballproblems

Lol. Yeah, if this is my biggest issue with Star Wars right now, I consider myself happy. The game and code really makes for a fun game to play.

#1932 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Interesting. I would think it wouldn’t be possible to complete it again until after completing the rest of the game and changing characters.
Can you defeat boba fett multiple times?

No idea, I'm lucky if I defeat him once. Boba is ALWAYS the last thing I have to complete before heading off to get electrocuted by the Emperor.

#1937 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone know when LE's will begin shipping? Have they already?

They started shipping in August.

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Has anyone actually destroyed the Death Star yet?
I just finished a 1.8b score game, but I still have yet to destroy the f&@king Death Star...
I’m still having a blast of my own!

My high score right now on code v0.92 is 12 billion and I've only destroyed the Death Star a couple of times in 100 plays or so. I find it very challenging to complete. Hoth and Tattooine seem to be much eaiser for me to get to Victory MB.

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is this game really that frustrating for most people?

I find it very challenging but not necessarily frustrating, and due to that challenge I see it being a keeper. I find games with cheap drains frustrating and on my home SW Pro I don't have any cheap drains. If any one is getting SDTM drains from the horseshoe or the scoop I highly recommend doing some adjustment work - - when the game is built as designed you shouldn't have many, if any of those types of drains.

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm thinking (hoping) it will probably apply to Hoth 1 as well in a future update. Playing back to back 40x video modes could make for a billion plus points!
On a similar tangent, should the multiplier be applied to the spinner value?
Rob

Yes. If it applies to the scoop shot and bonus points from that then personally I would think it should be applied to the left orbit/spinner as well. Would give me more of an incentive to toggle it from the left ramp to the left orbit versus generally just leaving it on the left ramp.

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So curious on SW when you beat Boba Fett, what are your Boba Fett mode scores like? I'm guessing I need to really try and dial in the playfield multiplier while playing since I'm only getting about 50-60 mil and I didn't even crack the default high score.

Posted before, but just too proud of this baby. 20171007_203828 (resized).jpg20171007_203828 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2128 6 years ago

Simply put if that ramp is up, you should be aiming for it and not the horseshoe loop from the backside.

Not if you want to put up a big score. Star Wars is all about stacking and bringing the right modes in at the right time. Fundamentally, the death star shot is the hardest, so 99% of the time the people I know choose to light the Death Star Modes with the skill shot which then brings those forks up from the second the ball is launched. Strategically, you're better off lighting Hoth and other modes to bring in together before even considering starting a single mode, which means avoiding the death star shot entirely and hitting the right side of the horseshoe to try and light Hoth (which results in the ball being obstructed by the forks). It's especially important to try and have multiple modes running before hitting the death star shot for hyperspace multiball as this is one other great mechanic for getting through the modes quickly with high scores (those MB's raise the shot multiplier quickly).

#2129 6 years ago

STERN just released the accessories for Guardians of the Galaxy... when will we see something for Star Wars?????

#2133 6 years ago

Funny there are so many different ways to play the game.

It's one of the reasons I like it so much! and maybe one of the reasons it's hard for some to get into it - - too many options can be overwhelming for some folks. for a home game, I'd rather have choices like SW offers though!

1 week later
#2288 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'd be happy if they only fixed one thing: having to play Video Mode and Hoth 1 (i.e. video moda AGAIN) back to back while playing as Han........

Yup. I'd rather have one more special mode for Han...

#2294 6 years ago

I made these for my game...
swright2 (resized).jpgswright2 (resized).jpgswleft2 (resized).jpgswleft2 (resized).jpg

#2319 6 years ago

I love my SW Pro! Won't be leaving, ever.

ps. My IMVE used to be the king of the ring for game most played by myself, my family and guests. Now it's my SW pro.

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I believe state of the union mentioned fixing score balance on SW... this is vital because as long as death Star multi-ball is worth 10x more than anything else in the game, posting scores should be taken with grain of salt (unfortunately).
Especially since blowing up the death Star is not required to blow up your score to the billions during DS MB

I've found you can blow up the score on any of the planet MBs. In fact I think my highest planet MB is Hoth and somewhere around 4 billion... How much of it is really the mode versus having the 40X shot multiplier on the right shots? Take Boba Fett for instance - it's a 20 million something mode if you're lucky but close to 700 million if you have 40X going - 35 times difference. Which, in my opinion, is one of the funnest and most differentiating thing about Star Wars. which, on a tanget, is so frustrating when I hear people that don't like Star Wars but dont "get" the shot multiplier - - it's part of the essence of this pin. you can play it and enjoy it not knowing what the hell it does, but once you understand it and try to integrate it, it takes it to the next level.

#2368 6 years ago

The more I play this game the more impressed I get with it. I've had my Pro for quite a few months now and I still absolutely love walking up to it and playing it. I'm finding most of my games are brutally short, but every now and then I get an epic game where everything seems to be flowing and it feels like I can't drain. It's fantastic - - to have that variation really draws me back in for that "just one more game" feeling. It's the code that's really doing that for me, and here's why:

1. The audio clips they use from the movie are awesome - Han making a remake when you make a shot, Leia making fun of you when you miss, etc. the audio really does a good job of pulling me in. The video clips are almost impossible to see when playing because I'm afraid to look up, but when I watch other's play they seem to be well integrated short bursts of clips that have definitely been carefully selected from the movies based on the mode. The original John Williams score and the custom sound effects and background music have been combined very well for a complete cohesive package.

2. The "mini" wizard modes. One of the things I love most about LOTR is that there are so many little mini wizard modes to go for and gauge your progression; you don't necessarily get them every time, but when you do, it feels very rewarding and they're well programmed (DTR, TABA, etc). Star Wars is probably one of STERN's best examples of this with recent pins. Escape Boba Fett is by no means an every game experience for me, and when I do get it, the whole experience gets my heart pumping - - the audio, the choreographed shots, the strobbing light, it's intense. Light Saber Duel - - the lighting on this is awesome and it shows how much Dwight knows the shows - the blue and red effects are great. Knowing you HAVE to complete those two mini wizard modes to move on makes it that much more exciting (and often frustrating!!). Then there's the main wizard mode of Defeat the Emperor which has also been very thoughtfully coded and offers a unique gameplay experience.

3. Depth of code. Similar to LOTR with the mini wizard modes that make you feel like you actually got somewhere on a good game, there's the ellusive Valinor, Star Wars offers a similar feeling with progress after Defeating the Emperor. I've almost made it through 2 characters - - getting through all four I sincerely hope there is some Valinor-esque style super wizard mode. Either way, the game offers a very challenging goal of trying to achieve that.

4. Hyperspace MB. Lock a ball, smack the ball to release it and add a ball. This never gets old. And if you have a premium, adding balls to the hyperloop is especially entertaining. The physical mechs alone make this really fun (if you can make that dang death star shot!) and again, the music and lighting just pulls you right into the experience.

For anyone on the fence about Star Wars, don't let all the flashing inserts and mysterious action button and shot multipliers scare you away. The game is phenomenal, pulls you in, and all of that stuff that looks overwhelming and difficult to understand is actually quite simple and straightforward once you understand how the colors work and how the button works. Bang for the buck wise, Star Wars may not have a bunch of lame gimmicky toys, but at the Pro pricing you get a heck of a lot for you money. This pin is quickly surpassing my IMVE as the most played game in my collection by everyone who comes over to play - I guess a lot of people just like fast, brutal games!

#2434 6 years ago

Wowzers, this sounds fantastic, thanks Dwight! Your rules enhancements for the planet modes sound great - I love the extra detail provided on not only what shots to go for but also how it represents the action in the movies, i.e. "Shoot the inner loop 4 times to wrap your tow cable around the legs of an AT-AT to bring it down." Can't wait to see how it all ties everything together. Merry Christmas early to all Star Wars owners.

#2474 6 years ago

If people want to post bugs, its really most helpful if they also post what code version they are running (and game model).

1 month later
#2868 6 years ago

Made it to the 3rd character last night, what a rush. Two medals from 3 Victory multiballs. Total score was still only half of my grand champ. lol.

Quite a few people have complained that the shot multiplier unbalances the game, but I find it does an incredible job of actually balancing the game play - - there isn't any single one mode or multiball that gives you crazy points - - you can score huge on almost anything you do in this game (Escape Fett, MBs, modes, Light Saber Duel, even video mode, etc.) if you manage your multiplier and go after that risk reward of the dangerous 3 bank. It really makes the game diverse in that your strategy can change in an instant while playing and that you really can go for that huge grand champ score without having to have an epic long game. Bravo to Dwight and the team for developing (and taking the risk) on such a unique rule set.

#2885 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bulb missing from harness, I’ll have to look inside button.
May have popped out getting it down the stairs.

I dont think its a bulb... IIRC its an rgb led board. Check the connections are solid.

Added over 6 years ago: Oops, thought he was talking about the action button.

1 week later
#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Hitting the force targets will spot letters. Completing the letters will light add a ball on the action button (orange). If you take too long between hits you'll lose letters.
Alright here's a question for you all: if you have a ball on top of the first ball in the trough (a trough jam), does the game kick it out during game over, or does it just let it sit there? On mine it'll happily ball search all day looking for the ball even though the switch test is reading that the trough is jammed?

Is that how it works? On my game, as soon as you hit a drop target the bank resets. Hitting the bank enough times lights the add a ball. Number of hits to light the add a ball at the drop bank changes depending on which planet multiball you are in. Also, add a ball is not available during hyperspace or tie fighter multiball IIRC.

#3066 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Each time you hit any targets the bank resets, yeah. What do you mean about the number of hits changing? I never really pay attention to the amount of hits, just bash the bank a few times and I always get it. No add-a-ball in tie fighter besides from maybe via the random pop awards? Hyperspace sorta has its own add a ball though I haven't figured out the rules to it yet...

I guess your original post stated once you completed the drop targets it would light the add a ball, technically that wasnt accurate since they reset immediately once hit and all you have to do is hit any drop target enough times.

My comment regarding the number of hits differing between planet multiballs was just that - some planet multiballs only require a few hits to the drop targets to light the add a ball, where as others like Battle Above Endor requires what seems like twice as many hits to the drop targets to light the add a ball.

Fun fact though, if you dont use your add a ball button during a planet multiball but start hyperspace multiball after you can use the button to add a ball during hyperspace mb.

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ah. I meant complete as in complete 'FORCE' (the lights) since I thought each hit to the target bank gave you a letter.

Well that's something I'll have to pay attention to. I havent noticed the FORCE inserts corresponding to drop targets left for add a ball but I'll be watching next time I play!

2 weeks later
#3245 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ve been having the same problem over here ...

I have that same LOTR poster...

2 weeks later
#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The art blades do nothing for me on this game..mirrror blades FTW

I think the art on the art blades is awesome and really well integrated with the game, but I agree, for my money, mirror blades are the clear winner that really help give the space theme that much more of a feeling of depth in the game.

2 weeks later
#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm not sure that's true... I have trapped the ball with the plan of waiting it out and the timer stopped ticking down. Very annoying.

The timer will stop eventually if there are no switch hits. Once it stops you have to hit another switch to restart it. I like to cradle on the right flipper and hold the ball as long as i can and then make an easy, low risk backhand to the right ramp to start the timer ticking down again.

At the end of the day, LSD is only like 5 shots, most of the time i find it easiest to just hit those shots and be done with it.

1 month later
#4343 5 years ago

If the hyperloop had been engaged via a diverter off of the main left ramp I would have upgraded from the Pro, flew past the Premium and bought the LE. As is, I honestly don't like playing the premium/LE. The death star shot is easily 2X to 3X harder compared to the pro (a huge part of the fun is making the death star shot, completing the multiballs, getting hyperspace mb, etc.), the flow killer of smacking the back of the fork ramp on the hoth horseshoe shot just kills the game, and the reliability of the fork ramp and how critical it is to the game if it's not working 100% is a major downer as well.

I'm glad everyone that has a Premium/LE loves their games, but for me, it wasn't about the money at all, it was about the clunkfest that the premium and LE feel like as compared to the pro.

It still boggles my mind that they chose to have the diverter on the death star shot, messing with the horseshoe loop and making it so much tougher to actually enjoy the main toy on the playfield...

#4344 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i will say this again..it is half as fun.

Saying it again doesn't make it any more true.

#4393 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Has anyone made any custom cards yet? I searched a bit but didn't find anything.

I posted some I made. Post #2294.

1 week later
#4572 5 years ago
Quoted from Moortus:

1.03 Update Gripe - I've said it before and I will say it again:
- Please make Light Saber Duel skip-able. It kills the flow of a good game. It also annoys me that LS Duel comes back with full time after losing a ball. You could be stuck in SB duel for the rest of the game. I've heard that this design is as intended. This is bad design.

I disagree. LSD is required to start Jedi Multiball and I'd rather have another chance at beating it after draining than having to go through and relight it all over again. As zacaj stated, draining on Boba Fett and having to relight that mini-mode is a pain in the ass and is super frustrating when you fail to complete it, I'd hate to have to do the same again for LSD. Besides, LSD is pretty easy to beat in most cases; I seldom need more than one ball to get the job done.

I'm just really glad that they listened to some feedback and now LSD doesn't relight once you've completed it. Having to play through or time out 3 or 4 LSD's on your way to Jedi Multiball after successfully completing it was brutal and killed much of the fun of the game.

1 week later
#4678 5 years ago

Was playing my SW the other night on the latest code and managed to get to Jedi Multiball and go onto select my second character. After raging on the game a little bit more I looked down and noticed that I had 3 characters lit - two solid and one blinking, but I had not gotten to Jedi Multiball again. Couple questions came to mind:

- Does anyone know if this is a bug or a feature? I thought you had to go through Jedi Multiball each time to move onto another character... If not, seems like it will be a lot easier to light all four characters.

- Is there a super wizard mode yet (or will their be) for lighting/advancing through all four characters?

Side note, FWIW, I used to be a stacking guy and had changed the settings to allow mode stacking with the planet multiballs. On recent code I've left it default and found the game to be more fun (and more challenging) where you can mode stack but not do planet MB's with modes. From someone that was poo-pooing it before to someone who loves it now, if you're in the stacking camp you may want to give the default a chance on the latest code.

#4680 5 years ago

You know, I don't remember, but there's a good chance I was. That would explain the inserts, wouldn't it...

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not happening, but it is done and fantastic. How many times do you get to Jedi Multiball??

I made it to Jedi Multiball twice in one game on older code and I get there now on approx. one out of 5 or 6 games. Personally I'd love it if there was some super far out there super wizard mode that maybe, just maybe, one day I might get to. Knowing it's not there makes playing the game after the first Jedi Multiball not quite as exciting, especially since you're not quite starting over, but actually advancing onto a new character. Just seems to make sense that if you advance to a new character there should be some kind of reward for advancing through all four of them.

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Except they have before. TSPP.

Exactly, many of their games (TSPP, LOTR, IM, AC/DC, etc.) have these crazy, hard to reach levels that 99% of the people don't reach, but the idea that it's there is what matters to many. I know it's a pipe dream, but it's my dream anyway...

#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Why not just remove some material from the weights?

If your shakers are crazy strong a simple and free fix is to find an allen wrench and just change the offset of the weights. You can rotate them all the way to a balanced position where you won't feel a thing and then move incrementally from there until you get to a spot where the shake is right for you. I've done this on a number of shakers that were just too overpowering.

Or add the board which is probably more robust and safer for your game overall.

2 months later
#5473 5 years ago

Unfortunately it seems to be the new norm. Most SW and IMDNs I've seen in person have some level of this. Probably doesn't make you feel much better but you're not alone.

1 week later
#5574 5 years ago

Settings dont change the strength or intensity, just how often the shaker goes off.

I dont even want to know why a drill bit was used on a shaker motor... get a good quality allen wrench and change the offset of the weights until you get the strength/rattle to your liking.

1 month later
#5940 5 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Do or do not, there is no try.... Yoda must have been a Sith.

1 month later
#6087 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

that chart right there is why my star wars is one of the least played games of my collection... I love the way the machine looks, but no way do I want to think that hard, or have to remember all that stuff. pinball for me is an escape, and should not be more work, or labor intensive... my brain is very tired when I am done working for the day!
although. much cred to HooChoo for making that chart, well done my friend.

I never really understood comments like this - people have complained about this for years on all sorts of games (like GOT). Just because there are layers of strategy and extra understanding doesn't mean you have to nerd out about it to enjoy it. it's still pinball. push the start button and go. have fun and just play. You might find if you own the game that a few years down the road you'll appreciate the extra depth. Knowledge of stacking and bringing certain things in at the same time is always helpful, but it's not the be-all and end-all for getting a good score - - playing well and not draining is the key to that and that just takes skill.

#6093 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No other pins right now compare to the complexity of star wars modes, and I doubt that'll change

Have you played JJP-POTC or seen the flow map for the rules on that game? Houdini? Oktoberfest? Pinside screams for more and more from their pinball games every year on year (just look at how much hate KISS had until yesterday). It's changing...

Honestly, i don't even think Star Wars is really that complex - - most of the modes are very basic, hit this blinking shot, then that blinking shot, etc. The nuance comes in to understanding which specific modes you want to bring in at the same time or when and how to try and stack multiballs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=T-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.