IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6725 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seems like that could be repaired with some UV glue. I've had good luck with "Bondic".

^ 2nd that. Give Bondic a try.

2 weeks later
#6846 5 years ago

Interesting... I mentioned to the dealer my plan to swap boards from one machine to another for troubleshooting issues. He noted to be careful about that; A software install updates the downstream node boards and simply adding a topper results in downstream reprogramming. We didn't discuss it further, but I do wonder about unforeseen functions of the control.

Perhaps the software looks for pre-installation; If found, performs an update. If not found, performs a clean install. Perhaps backward updating was not programmed into the install.

#6869 5 years ago

I'm having difficulty with entering the death star. Way too often; The ball is rejected back down the ramp as-if it hit something. Looking for information on what adjustments may be needed.

#6871 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a nut that holds down the wire form just below the Death Star i believe. You can loosen it and adjust them wire form and retighten.

Thank you very much. That did it. Now that I look at it; The wire-frame looks like it sags on its right side, also a bit off-center to the right of the death star's entrance. Perhaps the supporting arm is a tad out of spec.

#6888 5 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Thank you very much. That did it. Now that I look at it; The wire-frame looks like it sags on its right side, also a bit off-center to the right of the death star's entrance. Perhaps the supporting arm is a tad out of spec.

Follow up; Lifting the wire-frame at the Death-star's entry did help ball enter, but when running the hyper-loop the 2nd pass would fail, the flippers would die and the ball would waste away as-if I tilted the machine.

I pulled the wire-frame and bent the supporting arm to provide a right angle. It's too soon to tell if it's resolved, but I feel I'm headed in the right direction.

DeathstarEntry (resized).pngDeathstarEntry (resized).png
#6890 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That sounds like a software bug to me. The flippers should not go dead.

Hmm, I don't know. It seemed that lifting the wire-frame 'too high' at the death-star created a situation. Lowering the wire-frame back down seemed to alleviate it.

I feel that the position of the wire-frame at the death-star's entry may have a sweet-spot and the lack of plane in this wire-frame may have made it more difficult to find.

#6899 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

... How did bending the ramp work out for the poster above?...

I'm experiencing significant improvement with Deathstar entry (after squaring the wire-frame's mounting pad to the ball-track). I still wonder if a bit more 'perfecting' of the form may provide more action. The 3-position ramp entering the Deathstar sure does provide one-heck-of-a-kick in there.

I have video/image of another bent bracket on the under-side at the opposing corner of the play field. The bend was so slight, it wouldn't have been noticed except for the gate at ball-launch was not opening completely. I wonder if this specific play-field was laid heavy during assembly with pressure focused on select brackets and/or ramps (bending them). I have ball launch oddities to sort as well, but the table is coming along and I'm thankful I have it. It really is a wonderful game.

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

My brother who knows nothing about pinball said the same thing when he came over. I hope my wait is not as long ........

Stumbled upon Hallmark's topper for the Christmas Tree. Pretty neat, perhaps even better than the one I ordered.

#6942 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ignore the installed bubble level. They are notoriously inaccurate from one machine to the next.

I'm curious is someone offers a digital micro-level for pins (perhaps mount in the same location and powered by pin). It would be great if it showed deviations front-to-back and side-to-side.

1 week later
#7010 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

... and then flippers go dead, ball drains ...

This tells me the software sees a condition that should not be. Example: (2) or more of the Fork Ramp switches are active. The ramp position is either up or down, never both. Perhaps the 'down-position' switch for the Fork Ramp was providing signal when it shouldn't. Give it a few presses under diagnostics. Watch for intermittent response as you slowly press and slowly release. Could be a switch in another area too. Sometimes a full press and release makes a switch happy for a while.

Lifting the death-star's rail too high can result in dead flippers and ball draining too.

#7014 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

... did you actually hear the ball hit the hyperloop or did the ball just fall down? I have never actually heard the ball hitting the railing and if that isn't the issue with mine, I don't want to be messing with it if it is not necessary? ...

The ball hits the fork-ramp and launches into the deathstar so fast and out-of-sight, it's hard to know where the contact is. There's definitely a violent bouncing during and after entry. I haven't invested the time that I intend toward improving this machine. I suppose oiling/chalking the area may reveal touch-points. I'd like to blueprint the rail. It looks like the flat bar underneath is intended to direct the ball when needed, but may slow it down and result in more bouncing. I have too much ignorance in specifically what's happening; I'd love to place a slo-mo camera on it.

I have thoughts toward a molded channel insert. I'd like to calm a wild ball and smoothly direct it into the loop. If it works, it may be worthwhile. The costs to produce 3D samples are discounted into manufacturing the mold. I estimate a $2,500 mold plus piece/costs base on quantity ordered. I have a bit on my plate, but I think about this.

3 weeks later
#7262 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

...the flippers were dead and the ball drained.

I've experienced this numerous times. I suspect the software is holding the ball, at least intended to, then changed into mission select mode.

As the ball fell from the machine's grasp an unexpected switch/sensor may have tripped stopping progress into mission select. I suspect that mission select would pop on-screen, before ball-drain, if the ball fell cleanly without tripping a switch/sensor.

#7264 4 years ago

In the Service Menu; Feature Adjustment #5 provides Death Star Hold Power. Perhaps bumping this setting will assist.

#7280 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Quick question.
Does the “May the force be with you” swing gate back into the shooter lane do anything?
Not sure I’ve ever seen my work. Thanks.

Yes. The 'Escape' light will light too.

On delivery, my gate would open 40% to clog the lane and stop the ball. I spent a bit of time working on it. In the end the coil mount/bracket was ever-so-slightly out-of-square. The small loss in coil-gap translated into a significant loss of rotation with the play-field's arm.

I'm curious if you feel resistance/binding if the arm is swung by hand?

1 week later
#7311 4 years ago

The sub-woofer has acting up since the first Rancor Mode (the volume at 21 pushes it pretty good). It was hard to tell where the issue was, but restraining the leads from the speaker-connector to the speaker-coil eliminated it. I replaced with a 4ohm equivalent of Stern's BKSORLE (the BK is 8ohm, SW 4ohm). It has resolved the sound issue and provides deeper sound, but required a higher bass-volume setting. Looking at the factory speaker; That magnet is quite small. The new one is very nice and strong. I like it. I plan to do an Iron Maiden too.

I picked it up for $11.85 on sale. It's over, now $24.99 Link; https://www.amazon.com/Goldwood-Sound-GW-208-Replacement-Speaker/dp/B0002ZPSD2/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_product_top

Problem (resized).jpgProblem (resized).jpgBefore (resized).jpgBefore (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpg
8 months later
#8517 4 years ago

I debated placing color character inserts in the Star Wars. Those photos make me pause and consider them again. I'll bet they look great in the Comic-Art edition.

BTW. Your inserts for Iron Maiden are perfect and a must have. Most everything you do is awesome.

1 week later
#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Loving the new color inserts... Thanks vireland[quoted image]

It does look great. Nice color choices.

2 weeks later
#8606 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

SW owners def are Ritchie fans because of the fast gameplay. Anyone consider BKSOR to sit beside SW ?

Thought about it...

Header (resized).pngHeader (resized).png
11 months later
#10438 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Another thing i noticed between the Pro and Premium is the weight and build on the premium is heavier built. Not sure if they used a different kind of wood or what but you know how easy it is to nudge any Stern Pro well the Premium i have when you nudge it the machine barely moves.

A cabinet change did occur in 2019. At the very least, the bottom is thicker and better quality material. I found older Stern Shakers had screws that were too short to reach the t-nuts on newer cabs.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=RockfordReplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.