20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I'm drunk and on vacation so take this with a grain of salt. F u stern. Wish JJp had the Star Wars license.

And they would face the same issues that Stern had with Lucasfilm over-controlling the brand image.

Rob

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I keep thinking this thread couldn't sink any lower then trap door opens...

Yeah, the SW threads have been a shitfest for the past 2 weeks now. Nobody has anything to talk about though, so it is what it is. Hopefully that changes this week....

Rob

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

but when I see jjp still pumping out code updates for woz and feeling like stern keeps skimping on us and upping prices every release. It starts to piss a drunk guy off

You don't need to be drunk to be pissed off though. However, JJP releases 1 game every few years whereas Stern is doing 3 a year. If JJP was doing 3 a year it would probably be a different story.

Rob

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

So what kind of mods are we thinking might spruce up the pro that wouldn't really affect the game play? Seems like a tough idea to solve other than just placing figurines on the plastics.

Spaceships I think... X-Wing, Y-Wing and Darth Vader's Tie fighter. Maybe a Star Destroyer too... No figurines.

Rob

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Hooked up an external powered sub which adds a lot of depth to the sound.

How did you connect the sub? I have not tried connecting a sub to a SPIKE game yet.

Rob

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I just used speaker wire and alligator clips. Nice and easy. There may be a better way but it's good enough for me.

Ok, but how did you route the wires out of the cabinet? That's really what I want to know

Rob

1 week later
#481 6 years ago

i hope one day that Stern games will get individual power settings for the coils.

Rob

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Rumour was that STERN were looking at tweaking a few things to make the LE more...well LE!

Personally, I don't think anything will change. I *hope* they add a little extra, but am not betting on it.

Rob

#601 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, I SWEAR to you I'm not trying to be a dick here (although many would say it comes naturally). But SW is the only machine you've got and you've played the snot out of it. How many hours a night since you got it? If I did that with any one of my machines, I bet it would start grating on me as well. Take a break from it for a few days or just don't play it quite as much...I think it will help the honeymoon return. I always take breaks from my games and when I play them again I find myself asking why I ever took a break in the first place. If I DON'T find myself asking that, then I know it's time to sell.

I agree. The other factor he is that the code isn't complete and there are 3(?) main features still missing. A second machine in the collection will go a long way to avoiding burnout on 1 game.

Rob

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I played SW for the first time today, and it was a blast. The scoring seems to be really bonus and multiplier centric, e.g I got 760M bonus on one of the balls.

During the latest Dead Flip Comicon stream, Dwight was in the chat window and said that he's going to be lowering the scores. He wants a moderate player score to be 1 billion. I'm assuming this means moderate cuts in bonus points and maybe trimming some hurry up values.

Rob

#629 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think SW is good in a larger collection. As an only pin it may struggle

The majority of games will struggle in a 1 game collection, that's why many have more than 1

Rob

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I recently lost my IM and GOT and can not friggin wait to get my SW pro this week to fill the hole in my heart (and collection) they left behind!

How did you lose 2 games?

Rob

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

This happens to everyone I think. It's just a matter of how long before you have seen everything. My first game with a wizard mode was ruined for me by playing with the glass off and reading rulesheets and strategy posts on RGP

Does anyone think the wizard mode in SW is going to be easier to get to that the Iron Throne in GoT?

Rob

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Tonight I was playing and was having the game of my life, when the machine freaked out and rebooted. All the GI went out and LCD turned off but I still had a ball in play and still had power to my flippers. I'm not sure if I had too much running or what.
I was in the middle of two modes (destroy the Death Star and battle above endor) started tie fighter multiball and then also started hyperspace multiball. Ended up losing all of my balls exexpt for the one locked by hyperspace. It released my hyperspace ball and that last when everything turned off and the game rebooted.

This happened during the Dead Flip Comicon stream. Dwight said during the stream that one reset bug is fixed already. Is there more than one? I don't know, but it will get sorted out.

Hitting a force target at the start of victory multiball may trigger it?

Rob

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Too much blue on the left side IMO. The stormtroopers and Boba look all muddled.

I have to agree. It's colorbombing the translite.

Rob

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

I see there is still problems with the deathstar on Le/Premium. To bad cuz i like to see what it has to offer before i decide on a PRO or Premium.

Source?

Rob

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, people who played it seem to have encountered some things at least...
1) If the ramp heading to the death star pops up but the ball comes the other way round the horseshoe, it stops the ball and has to fold down. You can see this as the last snippet of the IGN video when the game was revealed. - This is an unwanted side effect and gives the Pro a strong upperhand in terms of 'flow'.
2) Noone got the Death Star to explode (and noone put more than one ball in the hyperloop) but this may very well be because there were a lot of people who didn't have much time with the game and/ or that the code is still beta.
Disclaimer: That's all what i "read", I couldn't manage to drive over.

#1 - Yes, that's a little bit of a hiccup, but for me it would ne a non-issue. The video from Germany showed the ball getting stopped there and it's only like 1.5 seconds to release. You know someone will eventually say they bought the pro because 'it plays faster'.

#2 - Yup, code is still beta.

Rob

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Two questions:
1. In regards to adjusting the outlane posts. How do you move the post on the left outlane as that post is under the left plastic ramp ?
2. The red numbers that appear at times under the players score - what are the red changing numbers referencing or tallying ?

The red numbers represent the last points score you got.

Rob

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hi everyone, first post and first pin...ordered SWPro from GameroomGuys and couldn’t be more excited.
I’m already thinking about mods, has anyone put a shaker motor on Star Wars yet? Is it tasteful and beneficial or just obnoxious?

Shakers are always fun!

Rob

1 week later
#970 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you please post a video of the accelerator in action with several balls going around? Thank you.

3 balls.

Rob

#976 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It lights when a hyper space hurry up is running. Collect the hurry up at the Death Star shot. Then the ball flies around and around while the game shows the animation and score of the collect.
At the start of the hyperspace multiball, the ball stays in the loop for a period of time to lets you add more balls if you can.
It is also involved in destroying the Death Star but haven't done this yet.

Somehow I think it just means more balls in play and doesn't contribute a lot to scoring. It does reset/increase the hurry up value a bit though when a new ball is loaded.

Rob

1 week later
#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Wow, that's annoying that premium owners are getting theirs with LE's still outstanding. Congrats to the new premium owners, but shame on you Stern.

The LE was never a guarantee delivery before premiums arrive. I don't know what Stern has to be ashamed of here? Plus the shipping logistics play a role in this too.

Rob

#1127 6 years ago

I would like to see the differences between premium and LE plastics.

Rob

#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from purrep:

Unboxed our LE on Friday and after removing the "protection" tape from the t-mold it seems like the glue from the tape has created some kind of reaction with the plastic in the t-mold making it sticky and gooey.
Has anyone else had the same experience?
Unsure of how to clean this up without damaging or discoloring the t-mold. Any suggestions?

I used goo-gone.

Rob

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

yes I am having all sorts of issues with my forks - yesterday they were stuck up by about 1/2" and ball got trapped there till a ball search freed it...

The next code update will improve the operation of the fork ramp.

Rob

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Mine does this as well ... i emailed stern about it this morning to see if that was normal behavior... doesn't seem healthy for the ball to be smacking into the back of the forks like that. especially long term. I did just go back and watch the Twitch stream of the Premium Play from Stern factory and notice several times this happened to the folks that were playing.

The fork has 3 positions:

Down
Halfway up/down
Full Up

The only time the ramp should be at the half way point is when the ball is released by the death star magnet. It is normal for the ball to hit the back of the forks when in the full-up position. That stops the ball for mission select if Hoth is lit.

Like I said earlier, wait for the next code update to correct some issues with the fork operation.

Rob

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

It does seem if you hit the Hoth shot when the ramp is up, there is a code problem where the ramp goes down to let the ball out, but if the ball bounces back a bit and settles then the Hoth modes can be started

I wish there was a mission to destroy the imperial probe droid.... That would have been fun. It could have been Hoth 1 instead of the video mode. Oh well, just wishful thinking!

Rob

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I like the artwork on the premium the best, probably since TESB was my favorite of the original series. Congrats guys on your games, enjoy! I wish some operators around here would put a premium on location, all you see are pros.

But, only the left side is TESB and the right side is ROTJ on the cabinet. There isn't really much consistency with the art on any of the models as it pertains to specific movie episodes since there's a little bit of everything on the cabinet and plastics. The LE art does lean more towards showcasing the Millenium Falcon though. It's too bad the premium cabinet right side art wasn't hoth as well.

Rob

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I would like to add a tournament button to my SW premium. The hole is round instead of square...is the button not supossed to be recessed? Did Stern change this to a round recessed button? Has anyone played it in tournament? If so, what was the button like?

My game came with the button installed. The Canadian games usually have them by default.

Rob

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

My kids played a few games, and I noticed they kept on getting house balls on the button launch. Target bank-left outlane, and auto launch would repeat.. left them a little dissapointed. Using the shooter softly is better. But still..

I know what you are talking about. 'Autolaunch -> 3 target bank -> left outlane' can be annoying and it happens on my game too. Maybe if Dwight tweaks the autolaunch power or adds a setting for It, it can reduce the frequency of this happening.

Rob

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't lean on the game. #1 thing I learned when I started playing insane amounts of pinball.

I used to absolutely hate playing pinball when sitting down, but now it is my preferred way to play at home. Maybe I'm just getting older and lazier, but it's just more comfortable and relaxing this way for me now.

Rob

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Sure, no worries.
I took a post from my own spare part box, so you'll have to arrange your own.
My guess is that it probably was forgotten in the art/cad playfield drilling files for the prem/LE if its installed on the pro.
It makes those ridiculous auto launch drains a thing of the past.

I think you guessed correctly what the post is for. It's to avoid auto launched balls bouncing off the 3 bank and then straight down the left outlane. It will certainly be interesting to see if future premium playfields have the post or not.

Rob

#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Trying to figure out if my game is broke or what
When I light Hyperspace Hurryup and hit the ramp. The ball goes around ramp 4 times and nothing else happens. I lit the 4 inlanes and still nothing happens. Why is this not triggering the multiball. Am I doing something wrong. Or is my game neec a visit from service tech?
I have only seen 1 actual true hyperspace multiball ever happen. Im not even sure if it was one.
Totally confused. Anyone know of a demo of how this is suppose to function?

It's a bug that happens because you missed getting the hurry up while it was still lit. The next update will fix that.

You get hyperspace multiball from your second hurry up. I don't know how many lane completions are are needed to light the hurry up, but it's certainly more than 1.

Rob

#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Has anyone brought up having the death star explode during the match video. It seems a natural progression with the light show starting at the lock bar and going up to the Death Star. Why not have it open up since I have yet to achieve it after 100 plays

But, it's not the death star that explodes during the match sequence....

Rob

#1465 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Wife had the first billion+ point game, and I had 2 going in hyperspace multiball...the 3rd entered just as the first two where released. The multiball then continued, but I was unable to get anymore in there and eventually it dumped this ball onto the playfield..what a rush!

I must confess I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing in hyperspace multiball. Well, about the only thing I do know is that loading more balls will make the jackpot value increase faster and higher (to a max of 3.5 million). When the balls are released I am shooting yellow shots, but I don't know if there's any opportunity to eventually put ball(s) back in the hyperloop (for a hyper super jackpot).

The only super jackpot I know of so far is one from TFMB. Hmm, maybe hyperspace multiball works the same?

Rob

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

What pitch is everyone setting the machines at? more specific, premium and Le models

Mine is at 6.8 and I would not recommend any higher or it would make backhand shots too difficult to complete. I might lower mine to 6.7, but for now it's pretty good.

Rob

#1515 6 years ago

Nobody wants an LE translite?

Rob

#1541 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yeah, regardless of your feelings towards it I'd definitely hang onto it for future buyers! Full disclaimer, I think you're crazy to ever sell it. My humble pro is still my most played game even over my shiny new AFM and AC/DC premium

Ha, no I wasn't going to sell it. But I think there's generally little love for that translite.

Rob

#1570 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Interesting! I was wondering about this. So Han and Leia have to (get to?) play the video mode twice per game then?

Yes, I have even played video mode back to back from the hoth shot.

Rob

#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doesn't matter as it isn't worth much. i did it with a semi high multiplier and wasn;t anything noticeable.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Learned cool stuff from Dwight. I think the shot multiplier affects this mode should you have the Hoth shot green when you shoot it. (Still confirming)

The multiplier does affect video mode scoring and will be shown in the top right. And you can score quite a lot with a high multiplier.

Rob

#1576 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you know how much you get for doing a perfect run? I think I ended up 5-6 mill and might have had a 14x or somthing which certain(t)ly doesn't make much of a dent scoring wise. I mean it's nothing to throw in the trash but I wouldn;t be increasing my X before going in for that

Are you sure you had the multiplier placed on the hoth entrance of the mini loop? It really sounds like you just had 1x.

Rob

#1633 6 years ago

I altered the mounting of the pop bumper and spinner flasher to improve their effect.

The socket can either be replaced or bent as shown. I didn't drill another hole so going back to stock is as simple as unbending the socket.

Rob

20171008_161649 (resized).jpg20171008_161649 (resized).jpg

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

One thing I have noticed that is a bummer on code .92 is the reduced skill shot. It was ....ok at best with needing to soft plunge gain control and go for the right target on 3bank for highest xbonus, now it's total shit as all targets have same x so it's just timing hitting the lockdown button which typically always hits the centre..

I like the change to the roving skill shot, but not necessarily that it's now a static value. You are right that it's just a matter of timing for the middle target.

Rob

#1652 6 years ago

It's still a much better skill shot than many other games. It actually gives you something of value as opposed to a few measly points which mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. Plus, don't forget the second skill shot on the target bank.

Rob

#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I like how you put that. I agree. Its not the neatest video mode, but it would be better if it stopped after you hit the first asteroid. I finally checked the adjustments...its set at 20 seconds, you can shorten to 15 seconds but that's the shortest time interval. I played it for 15 sec, but it still felt a bit longer than I would prefer. Haha.
Additionally, I do like how they integrated the shaker motor into the game, but I don't care for the way they utilized it on the video mode...seems a bit much to me. As above, id like it much more if you just hit an asteroid, it shook the cabinet once and then moved on back to the game. That said, this small opinion has not deterred me from playing again, again and again!!

The video mode is the best way to test the shaker in the game

Rob

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd like to be the first to talk about the elephant in the room:
JJP just released a stunning-looking game. And my beloved Star Wars is taking a bashing...as if it was supposed to be the same kind of game as the new POTC. It's not. But it IS an amazing game, and the most popular one in my house. I'm still happy with my purchase, and if these two games were being announced on the same day, I'm happy to say my decision would still have been the same.
Just gotta figure out what to sell to get that new POTC...

POTC looks ok, but it wasn't anything that made me get excited either. It has a decent mini playfield, but I wish it didn't have to rock ALL the time when the ball isn't up there.

Now if Stern would release some killer accessories at a decent price for SW. These are long overdue.

Rob

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

But the Hoth missions 1 also being the video mode of which there is a dedicated insert is lazy coding in my books. And having to play the darn thing back to back because the video mode IS Hoth 1 taints the whole experience to me anyway.

I don't like this either and I'm sure most everyone else would agree too. It's not 'lazy programming' though, but maybe a design decision given time constraints to get the game completed. These are the decisions that Stern will make that we may not like, but it is what it is.

ST still hasn't got all its annoying bugs/issues fixed and there's even a game crashing bug. KME said over a year ago the bug had been fixed, but no update was ever released. These are the things I find more unacceptable and rather than be frustrated, I sold that game and moved on.

Rob

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I do get your point but You only play a major mode twice back to back if..... ok

If you have a high playfield multiplier, playing it back to back could be VERY lucrative! Unlike video modes in GB and GoT, you can get some serious points from this one!

Rob

#1742 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I like the shaker motor. I don't feel it's over done, but well integrated...that said, I love shakers in general. Adds that additional sense element to the game. Haven't added my external sub yet, but will...I don't think upgraded speakers are necessary in this game...unless your an audiophile.

The shaker works best when you try to pick up multiple asteroids during video mode...

Rob

#1744 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Speaker upgrade is essential. You won't realize what cheap shit speakers are in there until you replace them with real ones and a sub. Best sound since Tron.

My speakers sometimes crackle, but I don't know if it's part of the problem I have with sound on my game. I'm waiting for a new cpu board.

Rob

#1817 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I removed my ramp and had a look at it,I realized it has a spring that helps pull it back down and the rest is just gravity,my ramp needed a little stronger spring or more gravity,I used a drop of zoom and a stronger spring and that works to pull the ramp Down,not to strong to stress the motor

I would be more worried about stressing the motor driver board.

Rob

#1818 6 years ago

Here's a neat thing I just noticed... The multipliers do affect any points you get from the mystery. Biggest points is 10 million.. So multiply that by whatever you have and you can get up to 400 million from that!

Rob

#1821 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

It seems fine but I don't know what else to do ,that ramp need to be below the playfield,the ramp should be ballbearing or something better than a plastic bushing,mabey mine is faulty,it should just drop like a stone free and easy even with out the spring

Maybe contact Stern about this and they might have some more suggestions, or offer to replace the mechanism. I've seen the ramp not drop all the way on my game too, but that only happened (about) twice out of hundreds of games.

Rob

#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Prem/LE - very hard to backhand consistently up the ramp if game setup correctly (6.5-6.7 degrees in my book). So difficult that I avoid it, it essentially becomes forehand R flipper only, thus making the Prem/LE harder than the pro.

I love backhanding the ramp! I probably backhand it more than shooting it with the right flipper. My right arm/hand doesn't work so good sometimes.

Rob

#1825 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anyone noticed the post in the goodie bag,it look like a ball drain center post,I have never seen stern do that before

There's nothing in the instructions about what it's for either. Well, I didn't see anything.

Rob

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Cranking up your shot multiplier and moving it to the right loop before you start the mode is also key.

Except that the multiplier doesn't appear to work with Hoth 1 video mode.

Rob

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yes, you are right! If you lock the multiplier on when its lit any other time... like after knocking all the drops targets down 3 times (Can it light from the pops or from a Mystery Award?), then it should work. I hadn't noticed that it didn't affect Hoth Mode 1, i had to go play it and check for myself just now. Figured I'd forgotten to lock it on that shot when i did Hoth Mode 1 before. Which leaves the question of whether rule-wise we feel the multiplier should work for it in Hoth Mode 1? I mean, we can use multipliers any other time.. seems silly to argue against it there?

I'm thinking (hoping) it will probably apply to Hoth 1 as well in a future update. Playing back to back 40x video modes could make for a billion plus points!

On a similar tangent, should the multiplier be applied to the spinner value?

Rob

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yes. If it applies to the scoop shot and bonus points from that then personally I would think it should be applied to the left orbit/spinner as well. Would give me more of an incentive to toggle it from the left ramp to the left orbit versus generally just leaving it on the left ramp.

Well, that's what I was kind of thinking too. I don't think the spinner could be long term abused at 40x and it sure would make it more fun. The GoT spinner can score some fun points when playfield multiplier and spinner values are maxed.

There's maybe not enough emphasis to shoot orbits right now? Many of the missions use the ramps/short loop instead of outer loop.

Rob

#2021 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My friend came over tonight and put the GC score up on my newly-coded machine. Bastard. He finished the lightsaber duel and saw a bunch of other great stuff in the game. Then he told me that he was seriously considering cancelling his POTC CE order from JJP.
But nobody wants to believe how much fun this game is.

Which reminds me, I still need to hook up a sub in this game. I'll have to rummage around and see if I have some wire to do that. I do have the sub though, sitting in the back of my 4Runner.

Rob

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

POTC is a gorgeous game to be sure. His concern was the slower nature of a widebody, although POTC is about as fast as a widebody gets. He loved the speed and lighting effects of SW. It also helps that my machine is tweaked out with a sound system that makes it sound like a movie theater, and makes the game pretty friggin' immersive. The whole room vibrates during the explosion in the match sequence. So it's a little unfair, really.

Do you have a shaker in your game?

Rob

1 week later
#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In general, the music and sound package is fantastic by default. They did a nice job.

Most of the music Stern did is pretty good, but there's 1 particular tune I don't like. I think it's Hoth 2.

Rob

#2092 6 years ago

Does anyone know what jedi rank does, besides being a requirement that you need for the wizard mode?

Rob

#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

After each increase in rank the jedi targets increase in value. Once you become a jedi master each target it worth quite-a-bit...but I'm blanking on how much (2.5 million?)

Thanks!

I noticed each completion of the jedi targets also spots a letter on the FORCE target bank. I don't know if this is especially useful since completing the targets is not that difficult already.

Rob

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Now that some time has passed, what are peoples thoughts about the death star ramp, specifically, It is too slow to lower and interrupts the horseshoe shot from the right entry and takes a hard beating from the ball.

A complete non-issue for me.

Rob

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

My thoughts are that it would be a much better flowing game, much like Swords of Fury if the ball wasn't interrupted by the ramp.

But, it's not doing that all the time. In fact, maybe the fork ramp momentarily stopping the ball, or feeding the hyperloop is in effect reducing possible SDTM flow from that short loop.

Rob

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

then this is a design flaw is it not if you need something to prevent SDTM?
It shouldn't SDTM regardless IMO

It's a design flaw from the players perspective, but for an operator it's a money shot...

Rob

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

yea thats true, however not sure that would apply to an LE

I give myself a refund when I get a cheap drain.

Rob

#2171 6 years ago

Not my cup of tea...

Rob

#2282 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Before you purchased your SWLE you made a comment about your concern price and sales tax of buying locally. Denver. I am in the same boat 7.6 % sales tax on these newer machines is killing me . I sent you a PM about your opinion but you did not replay. My I ask where you decided to purchase your SWLE and GOTG from ? I have never shipped in a pinball machine in my life . I always just pay the 7.6 % tax but the LE's are cost is nudging to look out of state . Thank you for any feedback .

I will just say, support your local distributor.

Rob

#2284 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Forgive me if this has been talked about somewhere in here already.
I played one at a friends house and the code seemed very good for a stern game. As far as I got in the game anyway.
What do you guys think will be added or fixed? Its not even 1.0 code yet
Maybe more characters to play?

From November "Stern Of The Union"

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

Star Wars – The team has outlined a path to 1.0 final code with the hopes of release early December. In addition to bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech, here’s a sneak peek at some of the content we have planned:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han’s bonus increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.

One thing missing from the list which I hope gets improved is hyperspace multiball. Especially on premium/le models with the loop.

Rob

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I love this game, it's the only game I play for weeks now. But I still think on my premium the death star shot is harder to do than it should be. I know it should be a challenging shot. But I have the feeling that it's to hard. I can back hand it sometimes from he left but not under time pressure and it got rejected more often than not. With the right flipper it's a one out of five or six tries to hit it when I play. Guests have almost no chance to hit it if it's not a lucky hit. I have leveled my game and it's set to a 6.8- 6.9 pitch. What is your pitch on this game? Or is there an adjustment tip to make this shot just a little bit easier?

I think the pitch on my game is about 6.7 - 6.8 and I would not want it any steeper.

The death star shot is still far easier than the right ramp on GB pro At least it can be made by a backhand as well. Maybe try lowing the pitch on your game a little.

Rob

1 week later
#2418 6 years ago

What is your favorite missions?

It's a tie for my favorite between destroying the shield generator and getting the droids in the escape pod. Lots of shots, uses multipliers well and lots of video/audio feedback.

Rob

#2493 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

An idea about the switch next to the spinner. Still does nothing. Its bugging me.

It should be 10 points (I think) and causes a random sound effect.

Rob

1 week later
#2638 6 years ago

I played my LE today and the game totally murdered me.... It wasn't even nice about it. I think the pitch on mine is about 6.7 and I'm going to lower it to 6.5.

Rob

#2688 6 years ago

Now all we need is 'reverse colordmd' to change these LCD games to DMD and the circle will be complete!

Rob

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m unaware of separate bass and treble adjustments. You can adjust the speech and music levels. But that’s all I’ve seen

It's in the utilities section I think and it does exist.

Rob

#2718 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

After a little more digging this evening, it appears that there is no wizard mode beyond Jedi Multi Ball. you just loop through all the characters and do all the objectives again, rinse and repeat.
which leads me to another question. The games flyer says NINE distinct multiball modes, so we have:
1 - Battle Above Endor
2 - Destroy the DeathStar
3 - Escape Hoth
4 - Escape Tattooine
5 - TIE Fighter multi ball
6 - Hyper Space multi ball
7 - Victory Multi Ball (for completing the shots in multi ball modes 1-4)
8 - Jedi Multi Ball
9 - ???????
What is #9? Am I missing something from the list, or is there another wizard mode/multi ball mode in the works?

#9 may have been midnight madness, which has been removed from the game. And before anyone asks, I don't know why that happened.

Rob

#2719 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I thought about how silly a jar jar multi ball would be and just realized the 9th multi mode would be Midnight Madness! I did play Midnight Madness in code .91 a few months back (I totally forgot), but I have not noticed if it is still able to be turned on in the latest version, or maybe I just go to bed too early these days.

It's gone now.

Rob

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Has anyone heard, or does anyone think that Dwight will eventually change that one Hoth mode to a mode that isn't a near repeat of the video mode?
Don't get me wrong, I love this game entirely, but that might be the one thing about the game that I really wished was a bit different, maybe it's just me.

I asked him a few months ago and his answer was no.

Rob

#2776 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Are cliffys available for SW yet or are y’all just using mylar for now?

I don't think it needs any. Not even for the shooter lane.

Rob

#2802 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why would they remove midnight madness? It was already coded. WWHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!

Maybe Disney did not approve? I would rather see it re-purposed into part of the actual game as a cantina mode, awarded from Mystery or something.

Rob

#2818 6 years ago

You will probably need to tighten the screws/nuts which hold that target together. Just unscrew the target from the bottom of the playfield, tighten, then put back in place.

Rob

#2857 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Figured out the rail. I had the right screw, but did loosen it enough. Moved it towards the outside. It helped, but still a problem. I always level and pitch my games with an iPad iPhone resting on the flippers and use the app PinGuy. I had it at 6.5 degrees, but increased the pitch to about 6.8. This helped greatly with the left sided cheap drains from auto plunge, and I was still able to backhand the deathstar. Not sure what changed.

I've had LOTS of left side insta-drains from a ball launch. Also, sometimes the small loop sends the ball straight down the middle when shot from the left side. I don't think there's an adjustment for that small loop. These can be frustrating, especially when it ruins your current game.

6.8 is too much for this game I think, it will still probably hamper your death star shots a bit.

Rob

#2880 6 years ago

Anyone seeing light bleed on their LCD? I'm getting quite a lot of light bleed from the left/right sides on my SWLE LCD.

My SWLE also didn't want to turn on after turning it off for a few seconds. I had to flip the power switch a few times before it worked.

Rob

20180119_143741 (resized).jpg20180119_143741 (resized).jpg

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

So I should call them and not send a email or contact from website?

Sometimes I am not even sure anyone reads the emails at Stern. If they do, you almost never get a reply.

Rob

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

While on the subject of improvements to rules. I vote for Destroy the Death Star(final mode) to be a single ball mode instead of 2 ball. I have lost track of how many times I have started this only to watch it instantly end the second one of the balls drain. It does have a short ball saver but the 2nd ball does nothing but block your shots needed to qualify the death star shot(which is difficult, especially on premium/LE). It seems nearly impossible to keep two balls in play for any length of time on this game with these thirsty drains. I have yet to destroy the D.S. and I have had this game about 5-6 weeks!

I have thought a lot about this and I do know where you are coming from. It's frustrating to start a 4th level mission and then blow it right away. I just can't imagine ever getting all 4 victory medals. I feel lost during these multiball missions. I'd like to be able to play them as a single ball as well. Maybe if there was a game setting where these can be set as either single or multiball missions. The mission is lost if you drain without completing it.

Rob

#3047 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Although some of them are pretty hard, it's much easier if you have more than two balls. Completing more modes first, and making sure to light your add-a-ball help a lot. Not to mention if you line up tie fighter to start during your MB...

Yes, add a ball is almost a must! I've increased balls save times as well for the missions. And... I need to play better!

Rob

#3062 6 years ago

Ok, I am going to try increasing the 4th mission ball save timers to something like at least 30 seconds. I have to learn these mission shots.... No more flailing around without knowing what I'm doing. These are by far the most challenging part of the game for me right now. I might also lower the left outlane post to the bottom setting. I guess I am not necessarily looking to make it easier, but certainly less frustrating than it can be. We all know blowing up the death star can be difficult. I've only done it twice so far.

Rob

#3065 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Sheesh...I guess I should look at the adjustments more. I didn't know you could adjust ball same time on the 4th level missions. I am really glad to hear that. I think I will try increasing it about 5 seconds more and see if that helps. I don't want to make it too easy either. But I do want it to be reasonable to achieve.

I just changed mini wizard ball save to 40 seconds. That seems like a lot for a ball save, but on these missions it's actually not. While I still didn't blow up the death star on my first game with the longer ball save, I was certainly able to play the mode better. I didn't have that frustrated feeling trying to control things and make the shots.

Rob

#3084 6 years ago

I blew up the death star again the other night.... The 40 second ball save certainly helps, but it's still not a walk in the park. I ended up starting TFMB during the mission so that helped.

These 4th level missions are the hardest part of the game I think.

Rob

1 week later
#3185 6 years ago
Quoted from Rschuetter:

Ugh...just by raising the playfield I knocked the rj45 connector off of the node 11 board on the back of the playfield on my Premium. I believe it is part number 520-6998-72.
Any thoughts on fixing this? Don’t even see this part number out there.

The traces are lifted so that is definitely not an easy repair. Contact your distributor for warranty since I assume the RJ45 cable was caught somehow curing assembly.

Rob

#3186 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes it’s very strange. Basically every buyer is going to turn into a mini distributor by selling the two sets they don’t use.

How much are these art blades?

Rob

1 week later
#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No dude is copying that I know of and I HIGHLY doubt Stern can copy right a metal strip with slots in it! Lol. Truth is there is no magic here!! I opened the SW manual, went to the cabinet page, wrote down the part numbers, called a distributor and placed an order for some replacement parts! Easy piesy. Did I think it would be that easy? Heck No! Do I think Stern would take the order without question, Still No! Nothing stolen, no bragging just wanted something and wasn’t afraid to just ask to buy it. Simple enough. Do I think they may watch this more closely, don’t know just know I was glad I asked instead of assumed. They look amazing, they are OEM,(no dude)and we are happy with the result. Hope this doesn’t upset or confuse anyone just sharing how I improved my machine above. Plus some cool Mod Couple toys! Had to drop a plug. Lol

Your original post made it seem like someone else made them, but I misread that. Sorry! It's just the EL panels you referred to. But yeah I guess Stern messed up because they should not resell LE specific parts.

Rob

1 week later
#3455 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

How do you guys handle the mode stacking?
On my SW I have the mode stacking turned completly off and like the gameplay and the animations this way more. Perhaps I miss a few strategy options, but I think too much stacking is confusing. I like to get involved in one mode. And SW is an other game without stacking.

I always have it off because like you, I want to be involved in the single mode.

On a side note, I have increased ball save time on the mini wizard modes to 40 seconds. This doesn't really make them easier, but certainly gives more breathing room. SW can be a drain monster at times.

Rob

1 week later
#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Maybe. The fix reads "The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served."

It think it's a good fix regardless of any bugs. These kinds of tweaks are needed for the times when things don't happen as planned. The ball is wild after all

Rob

2 weeks later
#3839 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What’s the consensus on more SW content being added in final update?

It's not going to happen. 1.0 seems to be where a game is now considered (feature) complete. Except for bug fixes as necessary of course.

Rob

#3921 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm at latest code. Mine is much more frequent from the Death Star, but Hoth definitely does it as well. I had my best game ever earlier today, had every mode completed except one Hoth mode. Two Hoth rejects in a row, then drain. BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Hoth rejects have always happened on this game. but I think it's better than it used to be. Hyperspace multiball is still a disappointment in this game.

Rob

#3922 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Bumping this once for the fast moving thread. Thanks for the input so far. Anyone else having this problem or have ideas? I am running the latest code. I think I might remove and disassemble the mechs to double check for anything slowing them down or loose just to be sure. Will check and reflow the solder joints too I think.

This happens on the premium/LE model too. The trouble has always been there, but not as bad with later code versions.

Rob

1 week later
#4129 5 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

I am waiting my premium for the end of this month, some mods are waiting in my game-room
2 orders are on way to complete the mods ...

You don't need the corner leg guards either.

Rob

1 week later
#4231 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You know, even more than any rule fixes or something, it'd be really nice if the supposedly '1.0' code at least had rules text that matched the rules. Multiple modes still give inaccurate instructions. Hyperspace multiball still says to complete the inlanes to light the death star when the inlanes aren't even enabled in the multiball anymore. Hoth III says 'targets for stormtroopers' when targets aren't even involved in the mode. Etc etc.
Regardless of preferences about videomodes and lightsaber duel, this is sort of an obvious thing that really shouldn't have made it into 1.0, let alone 1.01 too.

"Targets for stormtroopers" never made sense to me.

Rob

1 week later
#4375 5 years ago

Quoted from finnflash:Ok, i tried it with each character and no matter who I am I get this mystery award.

Do you have competition mode on?

Rob

#4444 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That gate has a bushing similar to a flipper and it needs to have a small gap to allow free movement If there is no up and down play, the gate will rub under the playfield and won't move smoothly.
Lift the playfield, loosen the gate with an Allen wrench, pull the gate out from the playfield ever so slightly so it has a couple millimeters of play up and down and then tighten the screw. Hold the gate in place with your right hand while you tighten the screw with your left to get it lined up easily. It should move freely after that. Took me a total of two minutes.

That was the first thing I tried on mine which didn't solve the 'sticky' problem. The actuator plate need a little 'tweak' and it's been good ever since.

Rob

#4556 5 years ago

I finally got around to lowering the outlane posts on my SWLE and it makes a BIG difference. The outlanes, especially the left one were just such brutal drain monsters which was really affecting my continued enjoyment of the game.

But, something else is missing from this game and I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the spinner not being involved much in the game rules for example. I'd like to see a few things to do outside of the main missions and multiballs. I loved ripping the spinner on GoT for example, but playfield multipliers unfortunately don't affect spinner value on SW.

Rob

1 week later
#4690 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Super wizard mode would be cool, but... I'd never see it. I'd rather they spend any remaining time they invest in adding additional cut scenes to randomly mix in with Yoda, add Midnight Madness back in, or some other little bits and pieces of video, sound, or code tweaking that normal human beings can enjoy. I'm not sure if the game will get any more love from Stern but it was a major title and license so there is always hope it could see something more down the road.

SW has been 'done' for the past 6+ months. They are not adding more content at this point.

Rob

#4738 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does anyone still feel the pops are needed? True, I've never gone out of my way to try to cash in on some rewards given, so I don't know how lucrative they are, but there game doesn't really ask for it much like GOT.
What say you?

It's too bad none of the missions use the pops. The spinner is also under utilized in this game I think (I wish it was like GoT spinner, can be multiplied)

Rob

1 week later
#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:Well I tried it and this fix did not work for me. Maybe someone else will chime in with an alternate fix. Thanks anyways!

I used a pair of pliers on the escape gate coil actuator plate and 'tweaked it a tiny bit'. That was after I tried adjusting everything else with no success. It's been good ever since.

Rob

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Current LE owner and recent Pro owner. I am downgrading to the pro, while the Hyperloop is sweet looking and cool when 3 balls are flying around it. I myself do no think the extra $2500-3000 is worth it to me.

Agreed. I wish it was more interactive during regular gameplay and hyperspace multiball. It probably comes down to budget and time constraints at Stern. Plus, PRE/LE features generally don't deviate gameplay too much from pro models anyhow.

Rob

#4934 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Also bumped feature adjustment #17 (Ball Save Timer: Mini Wizard) from 15->30.

I did this too. Now I can concentrate a lot easier on makings shots. They are too frustrating otherwise.

Rob

#4955 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I just encountered a new one for me... my outlane gate on my premium will open but not close. I inspected it and everything looks intact and set screws are tight... next suggestion?

This is a common problem and the solution can vary. I think on my LE, the mini coil actuator plate was sticking since everything else checked out ok. I grabbed it with pliers, wiggled it a bit and it's been good since.

Rob

#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled. I'll probably contact my distributor but is the sound quality on Star Wars have hit and miss moments that'll cause a muffle/crackle for a split second?

I had the crackle too, along with sound loss and other sound issues. A new cpu fixed the issues.

Rob

#4980 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I notice my left outer loop commonly has a pink arrow light; what's that represent? It seems to be a hyperspace hurry up, but I thought yellow arrows represented the hyperspace hurry?

Pink isn't used in the game (I think) so I would suspect a bad RGB LED.

Rob

2 weeks later
#5098 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I 'Think' Hyperspace multiball is different on the pro than the LE/Prem. But, from what I gather on my pro - and please someone feel free to correct my mistakes as I don't think this is entirely accurate....
The First shot to start Hyperspace Multiball locks the ball in Death Star. That starts 2 or 3 different hurry ups. The First hurry up is the ball saver, this goes away pretty quick. Second hurry up is to hit the locked ball out of the Death Star; doing so re-activates the ball saver hurry up, adds a ball into play, and starts a new hurry up at the Death Star where you can lock another ball. If you lock a ball into the Death Star during this hurry up, it will start another hurry-up where if you can hit the locked ball out of the Death Star again, it'll restart the ball saver timer again, and add another ball into play while also starting another hurry-up at the Death Star. Rinse + Repeat. If at anytime you miss the hurry-up to lock a ball on the Death Star, it then begins the 'repair the hyperdrive' stage in which you have to hit all the hyperspace shots (6?) to repair it which lights the Death Star Hyperspace hurry up. If you can successfully do that, and lock a ball in the Death Star during that hurry up, it will start another hurry-up at the Death Star where if you can hit the ball out, it'll start the ball saver hurry up again and add a ball in play in which it'll start you back at the hurry-up phase where you can start adding balls into play again and refreshing the ball saver. Some of that may be inaccurate but that's what ive gathered from playing so far.

On the LE you hit a 2nd HS hurry up to start HSMB. The ball stays in the loop and another hurry up starts. If you get the second ball loaded in the loop before the hurry up ends, a third ball is added into play while 2 balls zip around the loop. More balls in the loop = faster count up of the jackpot shot values (shown on mini lcd) to a max of 5 million points. I've had 3 balls in there a few times. Maybe 4 once... It would be nice if there was a second ball save that became active when the balls unload. To counter the ball saver being expired by this time, I increased the ball save time in the settings.

I also increased ball save times for the mini wizard modes to 40 seconds. It doesn't make it easier really, but gives more of a fair chance to complete them I think.

Rob

1 week later
#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Topper info Finally!
I have hyperspace mb question. It seems like I can only get 3 balls in at once on the le version is this true?

3 is fine and will easily max out the shot values to 5 million. I may have done 4 once, but 3 is tough enough as it is. There is no advantage to 4 other than scoring another hurry up value.

Rob

#5167 5 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

Had the same thing. And the Hoth "lock" is messed up again. Does not capture the ball when Hoth is lit. Posts go down, both sides. (entrance and exit)....I put back previous code to check...no problem there, working ok, put in 1.04.o0 gain and sucks.......so it's the code.

I haven't updated my game yet. I will try it maybe tonight and see if this happens for me too.

Rob

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fully agree. I’m having such a good time on this. Two games last night nearly achieving Jedi. In one, playing as Leia, I was missing Buba Fett; I got it started, made it to the left orbit shot > hit post, drained, game over doh! The other was as Luke and missed it by one multiball but managed a 1.2 bil LSD. Such a fun, but brutally addicting game.

Are you stacking missions?

Rob

#5178 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I need some help. One of the green LEDs on the deathstar went out. I need a Superlaser Assembly (a small board that is mounted inside the deathstar with the LEDs on it). Part #511-9972-00. The game is 10 months old. I contacted Dorothy Brown from Stern. I’ve always been treated well by Stern. She had me contact Betson Imperial. When I called them, they acted like I was an operator or distributor. Wanted me to set up an account. When I explained I was just a guy who likes pinball and has a couple HUO games, they said I could make a one time purchase with a credit card, but they would have to send me a form to fill out first. I have contacted Stern again to see if the is the correct way to get the part. I then googled the part to see if I could find it on the Internet....I found one on eBay $199.99 Really! I’ve read the complaints about Spike/Spike 2, and how expensive the node boards are, but this is not a node board...it’s just a small array of LEDs. I hope Stern continues to come through for me. Or are there any pinsiders who have other ideas or sources?

Why not contact the distributor you bought the game from? Or is it second hand?

Rob

#5220 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

But I do have my outlanes on the bottom peg.

Same on my game as well, otherwise the outlanes are just brutal.

Rob

1 week later
#5325 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I don’t get all the hate on LSD and the video mode.

Video mode is okay, but feels really pointless (mundane) if you have 1x or 2x for example. No extra ball or other bonus to find in the asteroid field....

LSD really could use the Ben speech like: "Only a master of Evil Darth!".

Rob

#5334 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

LSD would be cool with more speech, but I do love the light show. Plus, if you practice, you can clear it pretty quick.

Next time you play, look at the character inserts and see if they correspond to the escaping character.

Rob

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It goes up each time you play video mode. Higher scoring, I think it goes 1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc

Level 1 then 2..... I don't think I've been past 2, but it certainly seems to have more asteroids.

Rob

#5372 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, Ive been playing my Star Wars more and more and more. Its actually a pretty amazing game! Im glad I didn't sell it, I was about to because I was getting frustrated.. but took it off pinside classifieds once I actually figured out what was going on. But I still dont get some of the modes. So if I do r2d2, do the bunker, destroy it, then I get battle over endor. Then I only get one chance to destroy death star?? If Loose ball there is no way to try again? Also is there a death star trench run or not?
Thanks

I recommend 2 things:

1 - Set the outlane posts to the lowest setting. SW can be a drain fest, especially the left outlane.

2 - Increase the mini wizard ball save timer to 40 seconds. It's not going to make it easier, but certainly gives you more time to focus on the shots you need to make. That's the biggest problem I have is that I get easily confused on what shots I am supposed to make and I don't like how you only have a short period of time to make some. The death star shot on Prem/LE is tough enough that it doesn't need a timer!

Trench run is the other Death Star battle.

Rob

2 weeks later
#5481 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Had them on mine too. But don't worry, ball dimpling will flatten those out. Then ball dimpling will make you uneasy at first. Except after you play the heck out of the game, then even the ball dimples (orange peel) will flatten out to a degree and look better. So play the heck out of it!

My Iron Man and GoT (now sold) have this. I found that these playfields seem to dimple far less compared to my other Stern games.

I would recommend the OP contact their distributor about this. If the art was 'blurry' from all angles and especially from player view, then I would certainly think it should be replaced.

Rob

#5484 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:Aaaaahhh! Worked great for 2 games. Then LED 6 went out again. Pulled the board. The top of the LED cracked off. Noticed it when hyperspace multiball was going. I’m guessing there was a small crack and finally fell off with the vibration. 1st LED 6 goes out for unknown reasons, my distro and Stern give me a new one, and now this...what are the odds. Contacted Stern to see what my options are.[quoted image]

If the same LED failed again, then I would suspect something else is causing the failure. Most likely a short sending higher voltage to that particular lamp circuit and blowing the LED. An LED may shatter like the second one did in such cases, or just go 'open' like the first one.

Rob

#5559 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I had a bug happen on my SW just now that I never experienced before. But I remember reading complaints about it. a long time ago... in a forum post...
I shot endor to start a mode and when I selected the mode, the ball unlocked, my flippers were dead, and the ball drained.
Is this bug still happening to others? I thought I read that this one had been sorted out.

I had this happen once about 6 months ago. I reported it as a bug, but never was able to reproduce it or had it happen again. When the ball unlocked, the video froze as well.

Rob

#5560 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Don’t want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you are overgeneralizing a bit. I have a premium (I’m thinking you have a pro?) and it can be a total bitch to hit the Death Star ramp. It has to be 100% perfect and it’s such a key shot. That and the autolaunch-autodrain is where I get the hate. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and I love the hyper loop, etc. But saying that anyone who complains is a lousy player is unnecessarily insulting. I’m not great, but I’m decent and there are nights I want to sell...

Too many shots focus on the mini loop and not enough shots for the orbits I think.

Rob

#5577 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't think that's such a bad thing; those outer loops are tight! ...and tough. If you had more focus there, it could turn modes into a Lonnie stale slow chase that one shot for 30 secs brickfest. I think Dwight uses those loops good with the left used more as it can be back handed. I think there's only 2 modes where you need to hit that right loop? And the rest are jackpot multiball advancements. That's a good thing IMO.

The orbits are certainly tight, more so than SR's last few games. The shots don't feel 'intuitive' to me.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Only thing I don't like about the game is the fanfare when defeating a planet mb. 1. There's no score displayed for the final shot and 2. When you defeat a planet, it begins to play the killer SW pump you up music only to get interrupted seconds later by the lousy victory mb horns. Other than that, this game is fun and addicting. Love the unorthodox ruleset.

The horns? Oh yeah, I agree I don't like them either.

Rob

2 weeks later
#5630 5 years ago

I wish the Death Star mission clips played in proper order.

Rob

#5674 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So do I and I'm sure everyone else. If there was some variety, I'd be more inclined to let them play.

A bit more variety certainly wouldn't hurt!

Rob

#5676 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The mini LCD inside the game is basically one of the "toys" which likely ate a lot of the BOM up. I wonder if they could have forgone the extra LCD and added a few other features instead. The LCD is cool and helpful, but it really doesn't feel like you'd be missing much if it was gone... and maybe we'd feel like the game wasnt so barren if the LCD translated into another 2 or 3 cheaper playfield features scattered around.

On thing I would change if I could would be to only show tie fighter hurry up on the mini lcd, not the main one. That way you can still see what other stuff is going on.

Rob

#5678 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Especially what number of tie fighters you already have!

That is already shown at the top of the mini lcd. How many you have and how many to the next hurry up.

Rob

#5709 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Here you go! Anyone who doesn’t want to see the Emperor get his ass kicked in 1:30 don’t watch. This could be the quickest I have ever beat him... he didn’t get a shot in on me. Enjoy!!!

[quoted image]

It's weird that the Emperor seems to temporarily disappear after he force attacks you? Bathroom break?

Rob

1 week later
#5822 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

But why would one want to go backwards instead of forward?

Maybe he wants a version without video mode and lightsaber duel? I wouldn't recommend running older code though, especially with newer node board firmware on the game. I'm not sure anyone knows what the ramifications are, if any?

Rob

3 months later
#6292 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought the spinner wasn't multiplied?

That's what I thought too, from my time owning SWLE. The spinner on GoT is still the best one I think for ripping big points and the sound changing as values increase.

Rob

7 months later
#7539 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks better than I was expecting. Simple, but looks well made with the metal ramps and new speaker panel. Even the dots are nice. As a supporter of Project Pinball charity, I'm hoping a lot of these make it into Children's hospitals. This is a perfect game for that purpose.

The cabinet speaker is an upgrade? There's a spot for one, but nothing there.

Rob

#7547 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:I will say, it shoots the part. The play feels like a commercial pinball machine with a damn good layout.

Aside from everything else, my main criticism is I think the display size is just too small.

Rob

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They switched to rails for all pro games released after Iron Maiden.

I wonder if KME had input on this since it was his game where this behavior changed? The pegs were one of the most awful, cheap ass, cost cutting designs ever seen in pinball.

Rob

1 year later
#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Then, in the middle of a great Leia game, I got a Slam Tilt out of nowhere. No clue how all this tilt stuff is happening. Ideas?

Maybe you're missing the capacitor kit on your shaker? The slam tilt is a symptom that is supposed to fix. Contact Stern and see if they will send you one. Did you buy an official Stern shaker or 'other' brand?

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Rob_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.