IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RPZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8730 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

You've already had a lot of good responses and opinions. I'll chime in with one more, since I've had a Pro and an LE in a home environment.
Bought a Pro off route in April, 2019, fixed a few minor issues, cleaned it up, & played the heck out of it. Loved it. Even got to the Emperor once (didn't win). Still, I thought about the hyper loop & exploding Death Star, and thought someday I might get a Premium or LE. But I didn't really care as much for the Premium artwork.
In August 2019, someone on a local Facebook group mentioned that they were thinking about moving an LE. It was beautiful, had low plays, and was priced very fair. I sold my Pro in less than 2 weeks (covering cost of upgrade and repair parts, but not my "labor"), and bought the LE. Still play the heck out of it, and I made it to the Emperor and defeated him once.
Some thoughts:

Hyper loop is very cool, especially when you can get 2-3 balls going.
Blowing up Death Star is a much bigger payoff. You really know when you've accomplished something.
I really like the original Pro and LE art. Not as much the Premium art. The Comic art is better in person than I thought it would be, but I prefer the original movie art. Of course, YMMV.
I'm not a toys guy - I prefer to see the playfield and ramps, because I can see balls in peripheral vision in multiball. But I really like the lighted Millenium Falcon (I didn't add anything else).
Both the Pro and LE caused me to improve my game. SW is fast and brutal. I have improved at making the shots that I aim for, and multiballs on other games seem to have have "slowed down" for me. I'm OK, maybe even "good" on games I have spent time on, but I'm nowhere near a great player.
The Death Star shot is harder on Premium/LE. Don't let others downplay this difficulty and say that you'll get used to it. It will remain difficult. But as others have said, the reward is great, so there's that.
Based on my reading and some experience, this game does need to be adjusted correctly, perhaps more so than others. And it probably must be fine-tuned more often than others. I'm guilty of not doing this, so I expect that part of my problem with the Death Star is setup. But even when I do try and clean, level, adjust, etc, I find that the Death Star shot is a bear.

Would I do anything differently?

If I had a 20-pin game room, liked variety better than the top-end model of each game, and cost was a consideration, I would probably get a Pro.
Since I have a 4-pin game room, really like the Star Wars franchise (I was 12 when "Episode 4" came out, so this is in my wheelhouse) and do enjoy all of the Premium/LE components except the difficult Death Star shot, the LE will remain.
If a Premium/LE never showed up locally, I would have been happy with the Pro.
If I still had the Pro, I would probably still be scanning/waiting for a used LE locally, and might even consider a comic Premium. My advice to that version of myself would be to keep an eye out, but don't waste a lot of time, and don't overextend yourself if finances were a factor. Don't have "FOMO." The Pro is great.

Thanks for all this info! Great points.
In the middle of going through the same process at the moment. And I am leaning towards a Premium/LE!

3 weeks later
#8814 3 years ago

Ok guys, just spoke to kapsreiter and even though he is sold out, he has advised that he would be happy to do another run but will need 10+ orders for it.

I’m happy to start a list and hopefully get the number so anyone interested can get one.

1- RPZ
2- Rum-Z
3- Jerickso77
4- Antron77
5- Waderade812
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

May the force b with you all!
370EB78D-2A31-45B4-A7E6-A4D7901ABDD6 (resized).jpeg370EB78D-2A31-45B4-A7E6-A4D7901ABDD6 (resized).jpeg

#8819 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I want one but have questions. Hoiw much does it cost and how does it stay on?

kapsreiter - leave these for you to answer.

#8830 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ok guys, just spoke to kapsreiter and even though he is sold out, he has advised that he would be happy to do another run but will need 10+ orders for it.
I’m happy to start a list and hopefully get the number so anyone interested can get one.
1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4- antron77
5- waderade812
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
[quoted image]

Putting this list on hold until kapsreiter can confirm here on this thread he is happy to do the run and can answer questions above.

2 weeks later
#8876 3 years ago

Anyone has pics with the stern art blades installed? I can’t find much online with them installed and there are 3 different sets available. Thanks!

#8898 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4- antron77
5- waderade812
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
[quoted image]

Hi Guys,

Tom ended up getting a batch in, but for some reason didn’t post it here. Please contact him direct via PM, if you are still interested in purchasing one.

May the force be with you all!

A17F4058-4F13-411B-AABA-73B919DAD784 (resized).jpegA17F4058-4F13-411B-AABA-73B919DAD784 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8929 3 years ago

Finally get to “officially” join the club! loving the game and haven’t even updated to latest code. Very low use and only on code 0.93! Exciting times!

0EF38543-6D3E-4767-91F6-4F04FBBFF2B1 (resized).jpeg0EF38543-6D3E-4767-91F6-4F04FBBFF2B1 (resized).jpeg
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Here you go[quoted image]

Got same one on LE. Looks great and best quality.

Love the stool!

#8952 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

This was adressed by a Security Bulletion by Stern. Its caused by electrical noise from the shaker. Stern supplies a capacitor kit (plug and play) to fix this. If you have a shaker motor this might be your solution.
Attached is a photo of a second of the stainless steel polished and laser engraved instruction card I had made. It has a small flaw in the print at the bottom center. Two of these were added to my order for free, it seems the supplier figured he doesn't need them either
I am willing to let them go for EUR 30 plus shipping from Germany (EUR 4 registered domestic or EUR 6,20 registered international). If anyone would like to have this, please send me a PM.
The ones with the card installed is just an example of what it looks like in the machine. That one is not for sale [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone got one of these for sale? Cheers!

1 month later
#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I just mailed my check off to join the club! One mod I really want is the Empire Walls speaker grills. Are the covers from the Modfather the only ones out there or are there mods that actually replace the speaker grills?

Covers from Modfather.

4 weeks later
#9161 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Was lucky to find an el light set for the siderails
Looks really good, especially in dark rooms
[quoted image]

Looks great! Is this the one that looks tan when off?

4 months later
#9910 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Me too please...

me three!

#9967 3 years ago

After a set of the white Pingraffix EL armour illumination kit if anyone has one for sale? Wish they still made them. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#10137 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I’m looking for the Star Wars LE Pinball Armor Illumination Kit from pingraffix. Anyone who sells a set ? Pingraffix doesnt reply to email or chat.

Also messaged them and nothing. I mentioned to them that there seems to be lots of people who are interested in buying it if they made them again! I know I want one!!!

1 week later
#10221 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Red 5 is ready for his approach run...
[quoted image]
Decided to move it back to have Han help out...[quoted image]

I LIKE! which one is it and how is it mounted? Cheers

2 months later
#10549 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Pingraffx list
1. KLR2014
2. RPZ
3. Sprudeldudel
4. joetechbob

Anyone else would be interested in a set of these?

Have just messaged them to see about chances of another run and would be good to know who would be in on Pingraffix Star Wars LE Pinball Armor Illumination Kit5B7353EA-976F-4B96-A325-05113E100AF4 (resized).jpeg5B7353EA-976F-4B96-A325-05113E100AF4 (resized).jpeg

#10553 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I would be in for a set.

Pingraffx list
1. KLR2014
2. RPZ
3. Sprudeldudel
4. joetechbob
5. wcbu64

3 weeks later
#10628 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

If the rumors of Mandolorian is true, I doubt they make any more of these

So how many here are in already for Mandalorian?

4 months later
#11362 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I think the ship from Amazon is a perfect size..
[quoted image]

Got a link?

#11370 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

This is the ship I just bought. It’s large but balances out the death star toy across from it.
amazon.com link »

Thank you!

#11399 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Or these[quoted image]

Nice! Where can I get this one???

#11410 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had fifty of them done back then, but all sold by now. If there were sufficient people interested i could do another run, but it's not very likely.

Anyone else want one???

2 months later
#11677 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Thought this would be a good place to ask. If we ran the LE lighting kit again how many people would be interested?
This is for LE owners only being its for the LE rails (EL panels kit no metal armor included).
Email me at [email protected]
Just looking for a rough headcount. Tell a friend!
Pictures are still on our site along with the install vid.
Hookedonpinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image]

Will you be able to make them white when off or still look pink??? If not pink when off then I’d be in

1 week later
#11718 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Hi there, i can't stand the noise of the motor of my R2D2 topper anymore.
I will try to make improvements but I cannot open it.
I thought that drilling a hole will allow me to open it but in fact, no, any solutions ?
Sorry for french video

Might aswell run it over with a car…. That’d stop the noise

#11741 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Star Wars Armada Imperial Class Star Destroyer, mounted as follows
[quoted image]
Other custom stuff on this machine (beside the usual commercial stuff like mirror blades, topper, etc.):
stainless steel intruction card
emperial shooter knob
stainless steel bash button with acrylic centerpiece
silent fan mod
bluetooth mod
brass bearings
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I need that instruction card!!!! Where can I get one please?

5 months later
#12392 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Keep going young padawan. Some bonuses can get higher than that!
5-ball, no stacking, siamese post.
[quoted image]

Tsk tsk tsk…. 5 ball????? No no noooo

What’s your best on 3?

2 months later
#12633 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Time to install the new replacement arch
[quoted image]

Got a pic of it installed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RPZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=RPZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.