IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Ike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9645 3 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

On my Star Wars Pro I would all too often be annoyed by almost hitting the Death Star loop and then having the ball bungling off of the wire gate.
So I moved it back to the rear hole. This moves it back about a half inch.
Now it's a nice smooth shot.
I'm sure others have done this, but I don't remember seeing a post on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just made this adjustment to my SWPro, not comic edition. This was a great suggested change, and less than 5 minutes to make and test. Thanks for posting.

Shots, especially from the right flipper, go through more often and more smoothly.

I will be interested to see if this gate moves much with only one attachment screw rather than two.

3 months later
#10383 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

but the Sand World for LE/Premium version has been the most requested, so here it is! You can download, print and paint yourself!! Special thanks to dnapac for doing all the legwork getting this to fit on the LE/Premium version

Hi @PinballCharlie, this is an awesome mod. I have the Hoth mod already installed. I know nothing about design like this but it seems pretty generous of you to share, so thank you.

For those of us who endure the empty...so empty....right side of our SW pro machines...Any chance you would release the Pro version mount/mod too?

4 weeks later
#10475 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Star Wars PRO owners - I've uploaded a mod for your Tatooine shot here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4795592
It's a free download you can 3D print - includes custom brackets for a snap in installation. There is lots of room in the model to light it up, too![quoted image]

THIS.... it represents some of the best of Pinside. Thank you PinballCharlie for making must have mods, and then releasing them in a form that protects those who’ve supported you, but allows others like me to enhance our own games.

You wouldn’t accept any money from me as I begged and badgered you about releasing this great mod... so I made a donation to Pinside in your name.

I love pinball, and I appreciate this community!

Scott

1 month later
#10771 2 years ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

Has anyone seen these in person? Like I said I’m not a big mod guy, but small stuff like this that tastefully integrates the theme without changing the overall layout interests me. Be curious how people think they look.

I like mine, easy to install and they do look better I think

4 months later
#11553 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Yep, Stern shaker. I did lower something, but I didn't think it was "intensity". I will go check for the word intensity.
Thank you

Search the forum for ‘rattle tape’ and you’ll get several ideas on how people apply it and where to get it! Works great on my SW pro and AIQ, and much better than reducing the shaker power. I think anyway!

2 months later
#11775 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Any advice on how to dial the game ?
I acquired it a few weeks ago, and man this is a frustrating game, at least for me. I'm an average player, and I must confess that I'm not really enjoying it, compared to my other machines (LOTR, Tron, DI, Indy WPC, TZ, ST, CFTBL), it's WAY more difficult.
At least on the other games (well TZ might be an exception), I have a sense of control. On Star Wars (it's a Premium by the way), the game is incredibly unforgiving to me. There are many shots that end with a direct left or right drain (such as the TIE fighter from the right flipper, or the bank from the left flipper).
In a nutshell, I'm not having fun with it, frankly.
So I'd like to start dialing it a bit, to see if I can improve my experience.
Things I'd like to improve are:
- Mystery scoop eject strength: can't find the correct setting so that it's properly thrown at the left flipper. Anything above 30 will result into a center drain (or close). Anything at 30 or below and the eject is too soft (but at least I can catch the ball)
- Star Wars ramp: can only make it with the right flipper, backhand does not work. Very narrow opening to register the shot
- Left inner loop: relatively high rate of center drain after this shot. I've seen some comments about a small metal "nub" on the metal ball guide, will look at it
- Flasher strength during Boba Fett escape : I get it it's to increase pressure, but man have they heard of photo induced seizure ? Is there a way to tune it down, besides decreasing flasher brightness
- Increase timer for timed shot
Anything else you would recommend looking at ?
And yes, I know I will not be playing the game as it was intended, but after a few weeks trying to improve I've reached a point where I would much rather enjoy the game than being frustrated, even if this implies changing the ruleset and ball behaviour.
Cheers

Pitch and level, you probably checked them when setting it up. Check em again and dial it in. This is a common thought in this thread and it really worked for me. 6.5 pitch and level the upper and lower playfield, but lower for sure.

I also very very slightly reduce the sensitivity of the sling switches to reduce the cheap drain when trying to control the ball. I actually do that on most of my twitchy games. Games are more fun at home and it doesn’t impact my location play.

My VUK dribbles the ball out, and I stopped adjusting from there because I can control it at current settings.

The loops/orbits are a common problem, start with pitch and level, then look for impact burrs at the end of the guides, finally many on here have made very slight bends to get the ball path they want. I didn’t have to but I absolutely would, especially the left orbit exit, if needed.

My SW Pro was the hardest machine to dial in, but now it plays awesome. I too was ready to quit at one point, but now I love the game. It is still hard, fast and unforgiving at times but I can score and progress now because I have more control.

Don’t give up...a lightsaber duel on 40x multipliers, where you move the multiplier and hit your shot...while the preventing the timer running down, or letting the multipliers expire... is absolutely some of the best pinball out there. Looking up to the billions of points earned is electrifying!

#11811 2 years ago

I would be interested for my Pro! I followed the Mando project for a while. Nice work!

2 weeks later
#11871 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Trying to reduce power on the slings but for the life of me, I cannot find where to do it. Have gone through the adjustments menu and can't find it. Anyone know where to reduce sling power? my other Sterns, it's in the adjustment menu and easy to find. thanks in advance.

Not sure if you can, I don’t remember being able to on my pro..regardless, I encourage you to think about reducing the sling sensitivity by adjusting the switch gaps just a little wider instead of the power settings.

I think you will get the play response you are looking for, which is probably to have fewer cheap drains from a tennis match between slings while you are trying to control the ball. Marco and others sell the switch tools, it’s a simple adjustment on the 4 switches, but you can very easily do too much and deaden your slings, so start small, like very small, and test till you get what you want.

I do this on most of my ‘hard’ machines. It makes the game better in my home without ruining my ability to play in the wild. YMMV

30B6D9F0-9170-42B7-B7CD-5CB380787B59 (resized).jpeg30B6D9F0-9170-42B7-B7CD-5CB380787B59 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#12338 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Where can I get the cool radio antenna spotlights?

The Mod couple has them…I like the ones I installed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/by-game/2476-star-wars-stern

6 months later
#13099 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thinking about getting my machine powder coated white. I never did any powder coating. Would love to see some pictures if you had yours done. I heard there is pinball refinery. Should I try a local shop to have it done?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping

Here’s a couple threads that have lots of pics and ideas.

Added: SW pin with white - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/27#post-4135438

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Ike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Pinball-Ike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.