IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 6 years ago

Im going to be in the minority and say I like the Le art better for a few reasons. The millenium falcon is the iconic ship in SW and the theme runs through the "table" with the hyperspace look better with the le. The backglass is almost a 1st person view of that theme.
Then the side art which again I think runs that theme and is a better graphic for the SW universe. Hoth battle is a favourite of mine in the trilogy but its just one scene from that movie so to me its more specific and more niche (looks more like an Empire Strikes Back "table" than a star wars "table"). Pro art to me is 2nd best. Again catches the whole theme better.

The side armour im split on. If it had Star Wars lit up i would have thought that was lame (too obvious). I like how its a pattern and not writing. Have to see that one in the flesh to decide.

Anyway just my thoughts but I think the le is the pick.

#120 6 years ago

If its a nice glossy black powder coat finish i think just the button will look fine on the le. Not so much on the prem and pro though

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It was my wife's favorite at first sight - she said the other two were too busy. I do love the Stormtrooper on the backbox of the Prem, but I am starting to come around to my wife's viewpoint.

I also think the premium and pro is too busy. But again i think we are in the minority.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what is the main toy on the pro? A Death Star that does not interact at all? All I see are loops ramps orbits and a hole. Am I missing something?

No I don't think so. Looks like a typical SR pro... stripped to shit. There is no toy that I can see on the pro.

#138 6 years ago

Well there certainly seems to be no interactive toy anyway. I'd say the best pro buyers can hope for is the Death Star flashes a few lights. Even AS has kept the main toy. Bit ordinary I say with the pro anyway. Will be fun but again no main toy?

2 months later
#897 6 years ago

Is that the mezel millenium falcon? i have one of those in the mail mirrors are a must on this game.

I still think the right ramp needs something on it or up the back right corner.

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup it's the Mezel one, pricey but very nice with the El lighting.
I agree with the single led bulb in the spots, I am not a huge fan of spots and overly bright PFs in general... even ripped them out of my Metallica all together! The single bulbs kept popping out, and the flasher style bulbs don't have that problem. Once I get my hot glue gun back from my buddy I'll put them back in, I actually preferred the warm myself

where did you get the x wings?

2 weeks later
#1081 6 years ago

I use to be a big shaker motor fan. Does it add to the experience? Yeah maybe but just not that into anymore. Don't see the need

1 week later
#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

They look a bit weird to me.
Maybe they look a lot better in person.

I agree. Maybe because they dont sit flush but yeah they don't look right to me. The bezel on the mini LCD looks like a bad move to me too. Leave the bezel black to make the screen pop. There is no need to put anything on it imo but each to their own.

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Wouldn't it look awesome to light the Pro plastic ramps with fiber-optics, similar to Tron? It would look like LIFE-SIZE LIGHTSABERS on going up both side of the cabinet! Imagine flashing them during the saber duel modes!
Edit: Add some lightsaber handle plastics at the bottom of the ramps, and it would actually look like two lightsabers flanking the playfield.
Edit 2: Add VERY crude mockup...

A great idea. I think it would look cleaner just with the fibre optics all the around the the ramps (like Tron) without those lightsabers. To me they just don't look right.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey guys is a shaker a must on his game ? Yay or nay ?

I use to be a big fan of shakers. Each to their own but I don't bother with them anymore. My sw plays perfect without having to be shook around.

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The mystery animation wears on me. I'd like to be able to cancel that.

It's like that on any game. In fact worse on most. The same dmd animation. They are all pretty much repetitive. What do you suggest as an alternative?

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He said he'd like to skip it.

Thanks Deaconblooze' mom. He said cancel. And I did get what he meant but kind of defeats the whole purpose of the mystery scoop if you skip what award you get, not to mention bypassing the use of the screen. Repetition is a necessary evil to me sometimes in pinball but yeah I guess if somebody just wants to get through a game quickly the option could be put in to cancel out.

1 week later
#1551 6 years ago

Enjoying the new features on my pro.

20171006_134448 (resized).jpg20171006_134448 (resized).jpg

20171006_134426 (resized).jpg20171006_134426 (resized).jpg

20171006_134411 (resized).jpg20171006_134411 (resized).jpg

20171006_134341 (resized).jpg20171006_134341 (resized).jpg

20171006_134308 (resized).jpg20171006_134308 (resized).jpg

#1645 6 years ago

One thing I have noticed that is a bummer on code .92 is the reduced skill shot. It was ....ok at best with needing to soft plunge gain control and go for the right target on 3bank for highest xbonus, now it's total shit as all targets have same x so it's just timing hitting the lockdown button which typically always hits the centre.....wtf? What was Dwight thinking when he changed this? Let's help the crap players, celebrate mediocrity, and make the most useless and Boring SS imaginable.

Also Nothing happening yet with the switch near the spinner. Wondering why it's even there?

Lightsaber duel does make up for it.

#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I like the change to the roving skill shot, but not necessarily that it's now a static value. You are right that it's just a matter of timing for the middle target.
Rob

Yes the static value to me lessens the importance for any real attention to be paid to the skill shot. Have no clue why this was changed. Only served to make the skill shot less relevant. I like a good SS not just going through the paces of launching a ball without thinking.

If you following this thread Dwight please change it back.

#1702 6 years ago

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the video mode but I'm not too pleased with the video mode being the same as hoth mission 1 and in some cases playing it back to back. I think there should be a dedicated video mode for that insert separate from hoth 1.

#1712 6 years ago

Ok well this might entice some more conversation about it.

I've heard the phrase brilliant coding being tossed around on this thread, and some elements of this game demonstrate this.

But the Hoth missions 1 also being the video mode of which there is a dedicated insert is lazy coding in my books. And having to play the darn thing back to back because the video mode IS Hoth 1 taints the whole experience to me anyway.

Why have a dedicated insert for it? Unless it was meant for more? Maybe it is but given Sterns track record of changing shit after the fact to save time and coin... well let's just say I ain't holding my breath.

I applaud this game in so many ways and the new light saber duel is brilliant but when I see that large pointless video mode insert light up it doesn't do much for me. Really I just see some short cutting happening here. Or maybe it should be the other way round and there needs to be a dedicated Hoth 1 mission. Either way having to play it back to back depending on your game path isn't a demonstration of brilliant coding.

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it's the indicator that it's ready to play if you haven't lit Hoth I or if you've already played HOTH 1. You only play it back to back if you have both lit.

I do get your point but You only play a major mode twice back to back if..... ok??

There are two information screens on this game to convey info. Really? A dedicated insert for what IS essentially Hoth 1 mission. smells like shortcutting to me. We're not talking about a minor repeat in play. These are major game modes. It's like playing speederbike mode then having to play it again.

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't like this either and I'm sure most everyone else would agree too. It's not 'lazy programming' though, but maybe a design decision given time constraints to get the game completed. These are the decisions that Stern will make that we may not like, but it is what it is.
ST still hasn't got all its annoying bugs/issues fixed and there's even a game crashing bug. KME said over a year ago the bug had been fixed, but no update was ever released. These are the things I find more unacceptable and rather than be frustrated, I sold that game and moved on.
Rob

Yeah calling it lazy programming was a bit harsh. Your probably on the money with the constraints point.

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Exactly. If you want to play a game with useless inserts, play AC/DC.

Video mode insert is useless, or Hoth 1 take your pick they do the same thing. Video mode is Hoth 1 so what else does it do?

I'm guessing there was meant to be a dedicated video mode aside from Hoth 1 asteroid belt. We've got what we've been given though.... so be it.

1 week later
#1916 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The lighting on the Pro is the best pro lighting ever. I bet having the same lights on both models make it easier to code for both models also.

Throw a rock custom pinball undercab on it and see how it lights up. Its awesome

3 weeks later
#2176 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not my cup of tea...
Rob

I also don't see the appeal. This game in particular with varying gi, light modding is just not necessary but each to their own. Pinstadium costs a pretty penny too.

#2242 6 years ago

If it is they are pretty uninspiring

1 week later
#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Pro mod idea: Remove the lower door on the death star (similar to Prem/LE), and move the whole death star down to directly on top of the Death Star shot gate. This way it actually feels like you are hitting the death star on the Pro, instead of it just floating above/behind the shot. Will be a little tight next to the TIE fighter, but maybe not any tighter than the TIE / mini-LCD spacing. I think Stern would have designed it this way if they had only made a Pro model. The death star is located where it is because of the Prem/LE hyperdrive feature, and the location doesn't make much sense on the Pro. Crude photoshop attached!

Not a bad idea but I think the DS would look to low to the pf. It needs to sit higher (where it is)

1 week later
#2492 6 years ago

An idea about the switch next to the spinner. Still does nothing. Its bugging me.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Found this today:
» YouTube video

Good hes excited but the jumping in front of the camera is really annoying.

#2576 6 years ago

Got flame red powdercoat for my pro. Turned out quite nice.

20171125_102122 (resized).jpg20171125_102122 (resized).jpg

20171124_221433 (resized).jpg20171124_221433 (resized).jpg

20171124_220654 (resized).jpg20171124_220654 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2701 6 years ago

The slave 1model looks sweet. Don’t care for the laseriffic bezel. Takes the pop out of the screen images imo.

#2707 6 years ago

I personally think its unnecessary to wax such a new pf. Any game sub 2k plays i really dont see the point but yes if you really are precious about your clear it does give an extra layer.

2 weeks later
#2876 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What are peoples' best video modes? I got this on 40x, but still hit some asteroids so there must be better...

Factory time limit??

1 month later
#3414 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Joined the club this week-end LE #35 in the house. Loving the flow and speed of the game so far.
Just installed Titan clear rubbers and the LCD bezel. Ordered some mirror blades.
Game has the shaker and invissaglass. Starting to look even better.
I plan to install under cabinet lighting, flipper lights and leg protector lights soon.
What are some of the other must have mods the tie into the game nicely?

Looks awesome. Still dont get the attraction of those bezels. Makes it look too busy and detracts from the screen imo the clean black looks way better.

1 week later
#3595 6 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I have the Star Wars pro. Pitch shows 14.2 with pinguy app but I don’t know what to adjust. See pics. First leg pic is front leg. Last two are rear. I feel like there is no way I could get to 6.5 as recommended.!

Just eyeball it and use the bubble and play a few games till you get to your liking. You guys crack me up with your levelling apps.

1 week later
#3694 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone powder coated their SW trim? I'm thinking about doing it, but looking for ideas on what color would look best?

20171124_220654 (resized).jpg20171124_220654 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#7808 4 years ago

The post/No post difference came up couple years ago when the game was first released. I recall from back then it was a decision from factory for pro machines due to the game being likely sited so operators would get better returns from less pissed off players in the wild.

Cheap shitty drains usually translates to... I'm not playing that game again.

1 year later
#9705 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I am hopeful that Dwight will do one more code update for Star Wars. I just posted this as a separate topic, but thought I should post it here as well.
Here is my wish list for what would be added/changed:
1. Co-op mode
This game seems to absolutely be made for co-op mode. Would be a great addition.
2. Better use of small screen.
As of now, the screen is really not well utilized outside of the initial plunge. Would be nice to see it utilized more in the game other than to basically repeat information that is on the main screen. In my view, as it is used now, it seems like wasted space that could have been used for another toy in the game. Would like to see the small screen basically hold its own as a toy-like feature to the game.
3. Change in scoring system.
I like the ability to move the multipliers around, but too much weight in scoring is put on using your multipliers correctly. I have had many "great" games where i might score under 1 billion and then other "okay" games where I score 2 billion+ just because I hit one shot with a big multiplier. This could probably be accomplished by having smaller multipliers (only 1-10x) or not have the multiplier time out, (so that when you get to 40x, it stays there). I just think a really great game should get a higher score than an okay game that gets a disproportionate score solely because of the multiplier. Makes the high score a more fun goal and more reflective of the quality of the play. Also, some events just have way too low of points compared to their difficulty/accomplishment. Such as lightsaber dual, Escape from Boba Fett, etc.
4. Change in Hyperspace Hurry-Up
My favorite part of the game, by far, is the Hyperspace loop. I think once you unlock the Hyperspace, it should stay active until you hit the shot or drain, as opposed to being on a hurry-up. There are so many hurry-ups in this game already, and that shot is difficult as it is, so just leaving it open until you hit it would be a great change.
5. Inner-loop ball-save option
They added a ball-save option for the scoop. Would be great if they added an option for the inner loop too. There are too many SDTM drains from that loop and it becomes really frustrating to have a great game going only to have a SDTM for hitting the shot you were trying to hit. If there was an option for a ball-save (1-2 seconds would probably be enough) it would really improve the game play and make the game less finicky on having a perfect set up.
6. More variety for drain call outs.
I like the Yoda call outs but it would be great if there were some other characters or more variations rather than hearing the same "Control, control, you must use control" Yoda call out every time!
Those are my suggestions, what are yours?
#starwars

Agree with point 2 with the screen. In this case the screen is meant to replace as a significant toy so it needs to do more.

I dont really agree with your scoring point although I get what your saying. The difference between a great game and ok game from a points stand point is knowing the multipliers... for what it is that's the game. I think it makes the game unique in that way.

1 month later
#9939 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is SW rated below Hot Wheels, BK SoR and Stranger Things.

Its weird. It got the worst wrap when it released and somehow there are still people in the hobby that won't give it a chance. I have friends that just won't accept the game... strange. They just can't get past there are no toys or interesting mechs on the pro.

2 years later
#14602 5 months ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I didn't. I paid significant money for that apron including the various stickers. Luckily I can maybe recuperate some of that money and someone might benefit from access to original stickers. If you have it and want to send it for free, I'm happy for the person getting it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.