IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamwin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8833 3 years ago

Recently acquired a Premium, love the theme and speed of the game but damn, the out lane ball drains are absurd. I moved the posts to the narrowest setting and am considering beefing up the silicone rings on the lane guide posts. Anyone have any experience with this and recommend a size? Doesn't seem like many options out there so want to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

#8841 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Marco sells this Gottlieb Siamese post. I took off the post that normally sits there and put it on the right out lane. The game is much more playable this way, at least for me. [quoted image]

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. I looked on Marco, looks like they only have red in stock but question for you, does the plastic come with the actual metal screw/post that goes into the playfield or do you slide off the existing ring and put the siamese post on it? And what size ring goes around the siamese plastic?

Thanks in advance for your insight, this looks like exactly the solution I need for an otherwise sweet pin.

#8850 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It can be harsh out of the box. Since these are hand built, the ball doesn't return exactly the same on every game. Don't be afraid to adjust some of the ball guides to correct the returns. Shots around the inner or outer loops should never return SDTM nor should the Tatoine scoop eject. The ball launch shouldn't bounce off the targets and drop straight down the left outlane.
Once these are adjusted (maybe you get a good one out of the box, my Pro was perfect) there is no more entertaining game IMO.

Would love any suggestions on the adjustments that can be made other than the outlane posts. I am getting a lot of SDTM shots and ball launch drains. There are times that I don't even touch a flipper and get two successive drains from launching and ball save launch. So frustrating. Thanks in advance.

2 weeks later
#8901 3 years ago

What type of wire are y'all using to mount mods to the screws/posts? thanks in advance.

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

18 gauge stainless for light stuff. It looks good and is easy to work with.

Thanks! Ordered some!

#8916 3 years ago

Thought i'd share some of the mods I just installed. This is a tough pin to mod. Not a shortage of SW toys to find but to make them fit and maintain the same scale and theme was challenging.

IMG_1298 (resized).jpgIMG_1298 (resized).jpgIMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1301 (resized).jpgIMG_1301 (resized).jpgIMG_1303 (resized).jpgIMG_1303 (resized).jpgIMG_1304 (resized).jpgIMG_1304 (resized).jpgIMG_1305 (resized).jpgIMG_1305 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpg
#8917 3 years ago

Oh and btw, thanks to others on this forum, used some of your ideas and insights. discovered that using a glue gun is best way to connect 18 gauge wire into the mods/toys. there is any existing hole in the bottom of the toys that is for the posts that come with them, I filled the hole with hot glue and inserted the wire into it and it holds nicely. one trick is to make sure you put a bend into the wire before inserting into the glue hole so that it doesn't spin once dry.

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So, do you have 2 Falcons on your playfield since you have the premium?

Yes, two Falcons but the way the playfield is sectioned, doesn't look bad. They're like different scenes and the Falcon I added is small so doesn't over power the view.

#8923 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where did you get the shooter lane mod?

Came from a set of collectible figures off Amazon. Unfortunately, the rest of the figures are too big to fit, with exception of Boba Fett. I stuck him in the back corner, kind of hidden, but he's my fave so snuck him in the corner. But the Han carbonite fit perfect on the shooter lane.
Here is the URL
https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Collectible-Figures-Playset-Exclusive/dp/B00YFTKSHC/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/136-7492879-7640350

#8924 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just had THE best game (not score wise but playwise) after coming off some major play on JP.
I got Victory Multiball on Hoth, Tatooine, and The Endor Death Star, Blew up the Death Star, got Jedi Master, Beat the LightSaber dual, 175 tie fighters, and 1 shot from Boba fett...
Now here's the crazy part...After I blew up the Endor Death Star, I triggered Hyperspace Multiball during Victory Multiball...Talk about insane...The hyperloop just kept going and going and going, then I put 3 balls in it.. Jackpots all over the place...
Bummer is, I still didn't make it to the emperor with all that complete

U definitely need a stiff drink after that stress. lol. game gets nuts when things start heating up.

#8927 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks ! How did you mount it? Didn't see Boba fett in your pics though.

used double sided mounting tape. put it on the left side of the mod and attached it to the right side of apron, which is metal and will come off easily without damaging anything.

double sided mounting tape i used is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0787PGKWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

hope this helps.

#8928 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Looks really cool! I may do the same. Please share details on mounting. (Also looking for your boba fett in the pics)

can see boba in the back left. he's kind of hidden. will take some pics of mounting the ships later this week when i have some time to take pics. wifes hot glue gun was the key to mounting the wire into the ship. damn, that sounded weird. lol. anyway, will take pics later this week.

IMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#10718 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I haven't played pinball since i was a kid, 40 years ago. But I've wanted one for s long time, so i picked up a premium Star Wars.
While i love the aesthetic, and even the pay, I've been really bummed about one aspect of the game most: the left outlane is VERY hungry, and there's no finessing your way out. It makes it difficult to learn how to even pay the game when you're in the middle of doing some task and it goes out the left... It's almost unenjoyable for me -- I'm essential a complete novice, but this seems like something you have no control over.
I did see someone post a picture of a 3d part that protrudes out a bit too reduce the frequency of the losing the ball out that way.
What is the general thought on this? Does anyone have the file to print this extended post?
--Dan M.

Had the same issue with mine and candidly, for my home use pins, I can't stand unforgiving outlanes and have no shame in beefing them up so I can enjoy the game more. Marco sells a Gottlieb double-wide siamese post that I put on my left outlane and angled it to be more forgiving and block the opening a little more. You'll have a play with the angle of the post because it's a pretty tight fit up against the wall but once you get it angled, works really well. I've also taken a foam ball from one of my kids foam ball shooters and drilled a hole through it and popped it right over the post to block some of it. Purest can be disgusted but I want to enjoy my game and minimizing the outlane drains makes it more fun.

Here is the link for the Gottlieb siamese posts
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

Hope this helps.

8 months later
#11869 2 years ago

Trying to reduce power on the slings but for the life of me, I cannot find where to do it. Have gone through the adjustments menu and can't find it. Anyone know where to reduce sling power? my other Sterns, it's in the adjustment menu and easy to find. thanks in advance.

#11872 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Not sure if you can, I don’t remember being able to on my pro..regardless, I encourage you to think about reducing the sling sensitivity by adjusting the switch gaps just a little wider instead of the power settings.
I think you will get the play response you are looking for, which is probably to have fewer cheap drains from a tennis match between slings while you are trying to control the ball. Marco and others sell the switch tools, it’s a simple adjustment on the 4 switches, but you can very easily do too much and deaden your slings, so start small, like very small, and test till you get what you want.
I do this on most of my ‘hard’ machines. It makes the game better in my home without ruining my ability to play in the wild. YMMV
[quoted image]

That’s a good suggestion, I have the leaf switch tool so all good there. Just weird you can’t adjust it like the newer sterns but i guess it’s a new feature. Thx man

7 months later
#12715 1 year ago

Anyone have an idea of how many Comic Art Prem Stern made? I’ve read 200-300 but don’t remember where I saw it and/or how accurate that is since Stern doesn’t disclose it. Thx.

#12738 1 year ago

Anyone know where to get a new plastic for the Endor ramp? It's L22, airball plastic. This is a heavy use area so surprised someone isn't selling one. I found a set but not the individual plastic. I reached out to Stern but wasn't if one of you 3D print wizards could whip one up. Thanks in advance.

7 months later
#14184 11 months ago

Made a Han Solo carbonite shooter lane/plunger mod cover if anyone is interested. Can check out my store page and order. Thanks in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1500-pin-modster/08476-carbonite-solo-shooter-lane-cover

solo carboniteIMG_9022 (resized).jpgsolo carboniteIMG_9022 (resized).jpg
#14192 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So there is no way to gauge the shooter tip with this?

It does block the window. If you use it to gauge your plunge, this isn’t for you. I personally never look at it and my plunges are feel based. And for SW, not a lot of skill shot options anyway so it’s typically the same plunge. At least for me anyway. Thanks for the inquiry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamwin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.