IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Interesting, has Stern ever gone back and updated the feature specs on any model before?

All the time. TFLE they removed a rotating cube. AC/DC they redid the mini pf clear. STLE they removed a warp vuk and added a slinger vuk + added apron double scoring lighting. GOTLE they found a problem with orbit shots and went back and.....uh....well.....they...ummm.......disabled a 2-way gate in the code in hopes no one would notice

Point is, they find problems or issues they want changed on full functioning prototypes all the time that seem great in CAD or white wood but don't work in a real machine. Company's used to put games on location for these testing purposes for this reason, like JJP did with DI. Stern moves too fast for that motto in order to keep production moving, so we have to trust in their engineers and design team that they'll get it right for production; Or we just let LE owners and early pro adopters be the guinnea pigs and testers...like we saw with the GOTLE orbit fix.

Bottom line is to not feel like you have to be one of the first owners. Even on LEs. It's a facade to believe that you won't be able to get an LE at a good price if you don't preorder. Over seas customers may be the exception to that rule.

2 weeks later
#603 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm working on it! You're all right. I just wanted to give my impressions after a bit with the game so far. As I said, I still love the game, I'm just not really into the way the button is used overall and I know that's not changing. Otherwise, it's an amazing shooter with awesome media.

I don't blame you on the button mashing game. Very few pins put the lockbar button to good use. And to be honest, these button mashing (tie fighter + multipliers) features raised a flag with me as a concern from the get go home environment but I wanted to keep silent til I play it. They look like fun intriguing features to be apart of, but when you're doing it for the umpteenth time, it seems more like work than pinball. I'll reserve final judgement til I play, but I'm with you - the button looks exhausting to use game after game.

#686 6 years ago

No offense, but I think you just ruined the only good art on this pin.

EDIT: the last picture actually looks pretty good.

2 weeks later
#848 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah now that I think of it it may be clearcoat. Art comes with it though? That's interesting.

With the art on it, makes me think it's a plastic too.

2 weeks later
#1020 6 years ago

Can you start hurry ups while in a mode?

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes you can. You can start hyperspace mb or tie fighter mb while in mode play too.
It's a good idea to go for the drops right away in mb too because if you knock them down twice it lights the lockdown button orange for an add a ball. Without the add a ball the mb times are short.
Jedi mb seems to be the only mode that you can't stack with anything. You can still collect and use add a ball though. It also doesn't end when you are in single ball play.- pretty sure the mode starts as a single ball which you can turn into a mb.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Sounds like another next level SR/DS rule set and those that dog it just don't understand so instead of learning they just trash it lol. Can't wait to try my luck on an LE; hoping I have a better experience than the pro.

2 weeks later
#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This doesn't pop?

But like you said, to each their own.

That looks bad ass!

3 weeks later
#1557 6 years ago

So who's gonna be first to stream the new code?

#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

We were last weekend at the Belgian Open Pinball

True. I was thinking something more personable though with the streamer talking and answering game questions as they play.

#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I jumped right to Han and did the Hoth I. I didn't get any bounce backs from that loop at all, so I'm thinking that is fixed.
Video mode was pretty slick. Only a few times I was able to cleanly get a boost off without hitting something.

Im curious to hear more on the video mode especially as people play it more. Repetitive? challenging? too long? need more/less? My first impression is I think it looks sweet. It may be a little cheesy with todays technology, but what video mode in pinball is not cheesy And kudos for Dwight/Steve for implementing the first video mode into an LCD and taking a risk with it. It could have been worse, it could have been GOT 2.0 video mode

2 weeks later
#1797 6 years ago

I could be wrong, but I believe verify (full or quick) verified the image on your usb stick. If you know you have the right file and it’s unzipped correctly, you can go no verify.

Full vs quick. Again, I could be wrong but I believe full is the entire code to date from start to finish; wipes everything and reinstalls the whole kaboose. Quick is just an import of any code releases not currently in your main database.

#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can play LSD even after completing it?

Anyone getting to light saber duel while on LSD wins at pinball period

4 weeks later
#2201 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen? I have money set aside for an overpriced topper. They just don't want to take my money!!!

Honestly, when you rush a game (and accessories for that matter) you get something like guardians. When you take you’re time, you get a game like Steve Ritchie and Dwight intended. I’m sure there’s a good reason for the delay.

I really like the progress Dwight has done with the code rules and LCD. Looking forward to seeing what comes with the next update. This game is definitely on my radar, but probably the pro because of the awful experiences I’ve had with an LE on location.

#2269 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just had my best game ever... first time getting to the Emperor, was on my last ball... totally killed him, sweaty palms and all! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of playing this one

Nice game! How long did it last about?

2 weeks later
#2467 6 years ago

Fixed:
- Greatly improved process stability. The game will no longer hold on to the
ball when it should not. Also the some of the mechanical devices will be
better behaved. Also the screen should no longer freeze during TIE Fighter
Assault.

Any owners chime in on if this change helps with stuck balls behind the fork ramp and maybe even improve the Death Star shot in some shape or form?

#2475 6 years ago

so who's gonna be the first person to stream the 1.0 code?

3 weeks later
#2757 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

sorry to ask this question again or bring up. i remeber seeing in some thread the pitch?? i thought 6.5? no? mine is perfect in bubble level on machine. but hoth shot bounces back off forks alot and of course death star shot has problems. i figure getting that pitch right will help. anybody know? thanks.

Don’t forget about the nut under the Death Star to adjust the wireform ramp which helps the Death Star shot.

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

ok great. thanks guys. ok so 6.5 is the correct level?
Eskaybee? can you elaborate what to do? no i have not heard this yet.

I don’t have a SW so haven’t personally done it, but have read about it and know Steve Ritchie designs things like this in mind as he did with the Star Trek warp ramp. Basically, somewhere below or around the Death Star there is a spot where the wireform of the ramp attaches and secured with a nut. You can loosen the nut and adjust the wireform ramp up and down as needed then re tighten the nut which will give the ramp a more smooth entrance point. I’m sure you’ll have to play with it a few times to find the sweet spot for your machine.

2 weeks later
#2958 6 years ago

What if they added a couple floating multipliers that could be grabbed during the video mode or maybe an X with up arrow next to it and if you can pick it up it increases your multiplier one step of what it is currently for the video mode. Maybe add an EB floating too? And hitting an asteroid should do more than restart the progress but maybe shed 1 second off the timer each time you hit an asteroid?

EDIT: oh and maybe an X icon with down arrow that decreases your multiplier too.

#2989 6 years ago

So now that it’s known that the hyperloop shot/wireform can be adjusted. How have prem/LE owners been doing making that shot and it taking? Do you still get rejects or is it easier/more successful shot when it counts the most?

3 weeks later
#3212 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

My main complaint about this game is how you get trapped in light saber dual. You should be able to skip it or let it time out. It is so annoying how the game basically blocks progress from anything else while you're in it. I like the lighting effects and the mode itself is cool but man it's too much.

This is how I felt about horde for the longest time and was actually one of the reasons I got rid of it. Fast forward, Lyman finally fixed this and gave these choices. Hopefully Dwight will do the same for LSD > hey that’s a cool acronym

2 months later
#4589 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe it's a setting that can be changed zacaj?

That's the issue with most spinner for the last 20 years I agree...they aren't even used enough in Got.
Games should def be focusing on it more and using it for switch counting in modes. But when most people talk aboot spinners now they just like "the cool noises" so i think that might have something to do with it sadly.

Maiden has some cool spinner rules with the power feature and optional 2x spinner using the harder left one.

GOT’s spinner is actually pretty sweet; both in Baratheon mode and regular standard play. You can be having a good ball and the next thing you know you have a level 4 spinner and 3x, 4x, 5x playfield So you divert all attention to it. Good stuff.

As for the topic at hand. How is the code overall now and how have game times been for those that have made it deeper? I’m thinking it’s going to be similar to GOT as far as game times go, but probably a lot more brutal drain fest games comparatively (which I’d think is a good thing ).

Edit: I also remember TWD having some cool spinner rules. Nothing ground breaking or imbalanced but something more than a sound and super spinner mystery award

#4592 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep I'm very familiar with GOT as you know, that's why I said "even enough...," I would like even more!

Good news. I haven't had a ton of time with mine and still learning the rules. That left spinner is such a great location.

That is an interesting question. Pro it seems my long games are long like GOT. With more MBs in SW I think that can extend game times, and I feel like the ball saver you probably get a little more than your usual 1 Lord o light on GOT. I also feel like SW for me is less trapping which may lower it's time.

It’s weird; GOT can certainly have long game times, but after going through most the game and even Iron throne, it doesn’t feel like I’ve been playing as long as I really have. I guess that’s a good thing, although my wife doesn’t

1 week later
#4750 5 years ago

Is destroying the death Star satisfying on the pro?

#4767 5 years ago

Decided to order a SW PRO today. Any interesting, fun, or must have mods? I’m not much of a modder but open to suggestions.

#4769 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't.
It's a great game and you'll enjoy the ass out of it.

Always love TheLaw responses. Simple and to the point. I haven’t even gotten a shaker for my IMDN yet and that’s usually my go to mod but enjoying the game so much don’t think I even need it. How about Star Wars, shaker - yay or nay?

#4778 5 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I do already have 2 external subs so covered there. I’ll be getting the stern spike 2 headset volume control - it’s a must in my household. I have a sheet of invisiglass lined up for this game too. And I have ninja balls on the way to replace sterns stock.

I was thinking of getting the mod that dresses up the mini lcd border. I’ll probably get a shaker too and do what TheLaw did and try it in SW then move it to IMDN if I don’t like it in SW.

Other than that, think I’m set unless there are any others. What about the star destroyer? I liked what I’ve seen in pics and seems to fit nicely, who sells that? And any thoughts or suggestions on adding the milineum falcon somewhere?

#4798 5 years ago

Is SW Spike 1 or 2 system?

EDIT: never mind. Looks like it’s Spike 2 per their online manual.

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Slap the side, shake that bastard, spit on your fingers and stick it in the coin return

If I wasn’t excited about Getting SW before, I sure am now!

#4883 5 years ago

Hey all. Just got my SW PRO! Trying to update code, is there supposed to be 3 different .spk files and I put all 3 on the usb?

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Correct. Put all 3 on the USB and you're good to go. Congrats!

Sweet thanks! All updated, setup, and ready to go! Gonna eat some lunch and run it through some test games. This thing looks way better when....it’s NIB

F19058FE-36B2-4ADA-8B27-DCEB3071408A (resized).jpegF19058FE-36B2-4ADA-8B27-DCEB3071408A (resized).jpeg11169791-0E4C-4FE0-8985-AF4505F87A54 (resized).jpeg11169791-0E4C-4FE0-8985-AF4505F87A54 (resized).jpegC782C2CC-2CCE-4967-84AE-D23C3ED172DC (resized).jpegC782C2CC-2CCE-4967-84AE-D23C3ED172DC (resized).jpeg

#4887 5 years ago

Here's my mini review and NIB SW Pro experience.

First, sterns got their shit down. I don't care what pinside says, the setup on my GOT, IMDN, & SW spike games have been EASY. Only issue I had was the left sling coil wouldn't fire - it was stuck, freed it up and all is good.

So I get the game setup, updated, and ready to play....and it's slow as F*ck!?!? I Got it at 6.9-7.0 deg and it feels floaty and slow. What's going on? Maybe my level is broken or something. So I pitch it up to 7.1-7.2 deg, slightly better but still slow. I thought this game is supposed to be fast right? Then it hit me; I just got a shipment of Ball Baron Ninja balls in. I cleaned them as instructed last night but have not played a single game with them in any of my games - currently have them in IMDN too but didn't get to play last night. So, I swap em out of SW and put the Marco standards back in. Holy shit its night & freakin' day! The ninja's are shiny as shit but I don't know what it is about them, but they don't play right. I'll be taking them out of IMDN too and sticking to the Marco's from now on.

OK; so now I can play this game how it's meant. Fast and furious and I love it! Don't know what the hell I was doing in my first 10 games but I stuck to the same method; play Luke, focus on Death Star or Hoth missions. After finally understanding what to do in the 3 Death Star missions I can say I am having a great time. This game is obviously about understanding the rules and what all the lights and symbols mean. There's these ice blue arrows that pop up all the time, and while I don't know wtf they do, when I started ignoring them I started progressing better through the game. Really having a good time and the game is fun. There is a lot to explore. That's all I got for now; but I did get a chance to destroy the Death Star and played the Hoth multiball too and got 100+ tie fighters all in the same game and that felt goooo-oood.

At first I was skeptical but this game is giving me a good rush. So far so good gents!

IMG_1551 (resized).jpgIMG_1551 (resized).jpg
#4895 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

More
Congrats! Glad setup went well and that your game is issue free. What did you think of Destroying the Deathstar on the Pro? I've always felt it was awesome. Is going with Luke a good strat now? I haven't played SW for a few revisions but tend to go with R2 most often because of the wider multiplier spread and the ability to get through the death star modes quickly. Han is my second choice but maybe they brought up Luke's value now? I'm hoping to play some on route tomorrow as Its been a while!

No idea what I’m doing, I just picked Luke cause I like him and went for Death Star missions cause that’s his perk haha. I didn’t end up destroyjng the Death Star, only played its multiball so don’t know yet. Still waiting for my shaker and spike 2 headset to come from Pinball life, should be here any day.

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

More
Strange about the ninja balls. Have had them in my SW for 6 months as well as all my machines and no issues, play fast and still look great!

When you got your ninja balls were they doused in oil? He said he ships them in oil now cause someone didn’t use theirs for over a year and they rusted. I have no doubt that the oil is causing the issue; he told me to wipe it off with an old cotton shirt, then roll them in isopropyl alcohol which I did, wiped it off with a cotton shirt, let them sit overnight and wiped down one more time. They look shiny as heck but they definitely roll differently.

#4908 5 years ago

So after Day 1 of SW, here's some just for fun Sh*ts and giggles audits.

Conclusion: This game is very underrated. Any real 'players' out there that don't like this game, I'd have to question their knowledge of the ruleset because the game, like GOT, is dependant on rules knowledge. I too didn't like it all that much on location but admittedly didn't know what the hell was going on or what each colored light represented.

As for multipliers vs GOT. I had 2 1/2 years on GOT vs 1 day on SW so to me, GOT is easier to keep track of and manage. I like how one of my pinsider friends put it; "SW multipliers is like driving a manual transmission". SW can get much more hectic and tougher to get the multiplier shot lined up in time. It's not as static as GOT. So for this, I can see it being a better, more fun multiplier system long term. We shall see!
IMG_1556 (resized).jpgIMG_1556 (resized).jpgIMG_1557 (resized).jpgIMG_1557 (resized).jpgIMG_1558 (resized).jpgIMG_1558 (resized).jpgIMG_1559 (resized).jpgIMG_1559 (resized).jpgIMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1561 (resized).jpgIMG_1561 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpgIMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1564 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpgIMG_1565 (resized).jpg

#4915 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

i still think that this game makes more fun with mode stacking turned completly off. The immersion is better.

Agreed. I have mine turned off.

#4924 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Since the new code 1.03 the Hyperspace loop has worked brilliantly, I'm demolishing my old high scores and I've finally defeated the Emperor. I love this pin!
Below are all the shots needed to complete each mission for every character and what I believe are the most efficient mission stacks. All the recommended mission stacks below are started by selecting "Light Tatooine Missions" but you can rearrange most of the stacks to suit your needs if you like to light up other missions on your first ball. If you think some of the shots are wrong please post on which ones they are and I'll look into it. Click on the image to view it in it's proper resolution.

...many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Can someone make this a key post? This thing is excellent! Thanks for sharing.

#4925 5 years ago

So I recently did a lineup shakedown and the 3 pins I currently have (IMDN, AFMr, SW) have all joined the household all within the last month or 2. It will be interesting to see how each fairs up in the long run. IMDN and AFM being the most popular amongst pinsiders; and SW being one of the most hated hahaha. I see how IMDN and AFM have that natural popular appeal to them (they are awesome); but man, SW has such an addictive personality to it - it’s like the chick that doesn’t show off her hotness, then you get her naked in bed and then wow! Hottest thing you ever laid eyes on

26690843-5FDE-4B0A-A64A-74390054CF8F (resized).jpeg26690843-5FDE-4B0A-A64A-74390054CF8F (resized).jpeg

#4956 5 years ago

I notice my left outer loop commonly has a pink arrow light; what's that represent? It seems to be a hyperspace hurry up, but I thought yellow arrows represented the hyperspace hurry?

Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled. I'll probably contact my distributor but is the sound quality on Star Wars have hit and miss moments that'll cause a muffle/crackle for a split second? I'll be getting the headset soon to tell for sure if it's the speakers or sound card or game itself.

#4957 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I notice my left outer loop commonly has a pink arrow light; what's that represent? It seems to be a hyperspace hurry up, but I thought yellow arrows represented the hyperspace hurry?
Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled. I'll probably contact my distributor but is the sound quality on Star Wars have hit and miss moments that'll cause a muffle/crackle for a split second? I'll be getting the headset soon to tell for sure if it's the speakers or sound card or game itself.

Think I just answered my own question on the pink arrow. Noticed in attract mode that arrow is lighting up the wrong colors, looks like a bad light board.

#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What volume setting are you on?

Usually around 10-13. There’s times it sounds ok; and in the speaker test it sounds fine. But during gameplay, there’s call outs that just sound muffled and one Han Solo call out that’s louder than everything else that crackles. If I reduce the BASS way low it seems to help. Chas and Pat are aware so will see what they have to say. It’ll be nice when my headset control comes in so i can compare.

#4961 5 years ago

I should mention, it's not an obvious sound quality issue. Just very subtle.

#4965 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Maybe re-download & re-flash the ROMs? Possible corrupted audio files?

Good idea. It does seem like it’s only a select amount of Audio files that sound weird. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Maybe re-download & re-flash the ROMs? Possible corrupted audio files?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good idea. It does seem like it’s only a select amount of Audio files that sound weird. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

Well. I guess that wasn’t such a good idea after all. Update unpack failed. Now game is dead Tried both USB ports. Gonna look for and/or buy another usb stick and try that.

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Yikes! Sorry to have sent you down that road!

It's all good. I was headed down this path anyways as it was in the back of my mind. The good news is Stern is sending me a new CPU. The bad news is it's my daughters b-day tomorrow and with lots of guests to entertain, it will be a downer to not have SW running.

That said, I don't entirely believe it's a CPU issue. I have 3 different USB sticks and have downloaded the update both via Chrome & Internet Explorer. No matter what USB stick I use, the update fails at 4377mb to the tee on the chrome download which is like 95% away from completion; and fails right away at around 300mb if I use the IE download. Im trying another download from chrome and will unpack it straight on the C: drive and see what my results are. Unfortunately, I don't have another computer to try from at the moment nor do I want to download another browser on my work pc. I am downloading the code via wifi, and I may try running a hardline to pull it.

If anyone has successfully done a full install with the latest code; or even an earlier code and wants to share it with me via dropbox or something, let me know and ill give that a shot.

I'm open to other ideas or suggestions.

#4970 5 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am back up!!!

the fact that the 3 usb sticks kept failing at 4377mb exactly on the google chrome download and 300mb on the IE download had me believing it was my pc, the way it was extracting the zip, and/or connection to stern server. Decided the 'ol reboot pc trick - rebooted; downloaded using chrome, then extracted the files directly onto the usb stick rather than extract then copy + paste to usb. This worked! You can imagine how sketchy I felt at the 4377mb point especially since it did hesitate for a split second at that point, then it went thru and complete...I about shit myself

Online and working in time for party tomorrow. Hard to tell if the sound quality is better/fixed but it seems that way, but it just might be my excitement for a working game. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I get the head set installed.

#4973 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry Eskaybee dont have a big dropbox account but I just downloaded/unpacked code from Stern in under 10 minutes with Firefox
EDIT: Nice fix just as i was posting.
EDIT2: for the record my download & unpacked is 4260mb

Thanks law; that’s weird about the file size. You’d think it would be the same size unpacked no matter what.

#4982 5 years ago

Just a quick update on the issues ive had. I don't believe I have a CPU problem. As @timerider mentioned, my original code/update could have had a corrupt sound file. After getting a better, what seemed more proper download of the code, my sound quality improved. Still didn't sound the greatest compared to my IMDN stock; but it was better.

I installed the Spike-2 headset today and OMG the sound quality with headphones is outstanding. The sound is in stereo (just like my IMDN), and it sounds amazing. I think the stock speakers just suck for this title even with external sub.

All in all; things are looking good. Just need to get a replacement light board for my left arrow which is no doubt displaying the wrong color; Chas is sending a new one my way Monday.

#4983 5 years ago

So my best score to date right now is 9.8 bil as Leia but I think I got like 2-3 eb’s (factory settings) . Last night, again as Leia with a couple eb’s, I was one mode completion away from Jedi MB; had the whole board lit and you’ll be surprised what I was missing...LSD! Played and failed to finish it 3 times and typically I knock that one out easily. I’ll probably back off on some of the factory eb’s later on, but having a blast so will leave it for now.

This is a fun, underrated, addicting game. Think I even like it more than GOT

#4985 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I hear you there! I can't wait to get a GoT of my own to put next to my SW, but it definitely feels like it's the first of an era with its modes and houses. Rough around the edges in many places. SW they've got stuff figured out a lot more.

Honestly, I'd wait on GOT. There's just too many bugs and one in particular that really ruins the game for me. That said; the hounds call outs and wall, hotk, iron throne multiballs are so satisfying and fun to play. GOT (pro) is probably the best flowing pin I've ever played, so satisfying to shoot. I just hope dwight can finish it someday; I love his unorthodox code.

#5005 5 years ago

Enlighten me on Leia’s Power. She gets +3X during planet multiballs. Does that mean if you’re at 20X multiplier, you’re actually at 23X? Or does it mean her minimum multiplier is +3X, hence she can get to 20X faster? Or does it mean something else?

#5010 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Is there a link to a walk through for the newest code anywhere. Getting a SW pro this weekend and anxious to do some reading and prepare to conquer it!

It's confusing as F*ck! Lol. But I think that's what keeps me coming back. Lots to do; lots of breadth. My advice; do one mission at a time and focus on the same planet of missions til you learn them then move to the others. The rest of the rules like tie fighters, hyperspace, Boba Fett, FORCE, etc... will come in time. Learn what each colored light represents and what each hurry up sound effect is associated with. One thing I didn't know about missions before owning the pin is that there are hurryups associated with the missions that if you fail to hit you'll start over; so you can be stuck in a never ending loop on a mission if you don't know how to complete the hurryup. Good luck and congrats! I play SW more than IMDN and AFMrLE and all 3 are relatively new.

#5011 5 years ago

And regarding Leia +3X multiplier; I think I answered my own question tonight. As soon as you start the planet mb your multiplier jumps up +3X but maxes out at 20 just like everyone else. So it's a good boost initially but since getting to 20X is relatively easy in multiball, it's not game changing. Seems like each of the heroes perks are very subtle to keep balance. But R2's seems to be best with longer multiplier timer.

#5025 5 years ago

Emporor defeated!!!! Fuck this game! ...haha just messing it rocks. But yea, my balls need a break.

#5027 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Emporor defeated!!!! Fuck this game! ...haha just messing it rocks. But yea, my balls need a break.

Well that break was short lived. Played a couple games of Maiden, a few AFM's, then back on Star Wars for 6-7 more games hahaha.

#5049 5 years ago

My thoughts on Jedi mb:

I’ve only been there once and I stunk it up cause I was trying to figure out what to do. So I did get to see the cool red and blue light show; but Next thing I know, I beat it!?!? I think I only made 3 or 4 successful shots and I defeated him? It was a cool sequence and I Love end game modes that end with dead flippers and a show >> i.e. LOTR. But it makes me wonder if I was missing something? Maybe it’s easy for a reason to give the player a sense of accomplishment after so much ass whipping, and feel good to beat the emperor. Or, is it more of a quick scoring based mode to capitalize on? I’m thinking the former, in that it’s just a quick mode to defeat the emperor and follow the story line.

#5050 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not necessarily easier..just let it bounce pass to the right flipper.

Mine fires hard into the left flipper. You can’t dead pass to the right or it’ll go up to the far right standup target and put ball out of control which I actually love cause the challenge it presents.

So What do I do?? Live catch the ball from the vuk feed, one of my favorite things to do. Now if I can only live catch the inner loop shots with the associated light show, this game will become a cakewalk

#5095 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It sure is, easily one of Sterns deepest pins to date. Each of the 4 location mini wizard modes feels like a Destroy the Ring type mode which is awesome. The game does an excellent job of offering a rewarding experience by having 3 missions per planet plus a mini wizard mode. You can have a decent game, reach one planets mini wizard mode and feel like you accomplished something.
I've been debating on selling my LE for a while to put towards a Pirates LE. However, after seeing how the code for Star Wars has developed and considering it has multiple licensed assets that Pirates lacks (movie clips with actor audio, actor audio callouts, movie music) I plan on hanging onto it.
Now just give us the damn topper Stern! Lol

I got an IMDN PRO, AFMrLE, and SW PRO all within about a month of each other. SW is easily my favorite. AFM and IMDN are pinside top 10 games; and I get it, they really have the overall total package compared to SW. But still, as far a gameplay is concerned, I play SW 10 to 1 vs the other 2. It just keeps getting cooler and cooler. And now that I got mine dialed in good at about a 7deg pitch and finding the shots, I am enjoying and appreciating the layout more and more; so fun to shoot!

#5097 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does anyone know for sure how to relight the death star during Hyperspace MB?

So I 'Think' Hyperspace multiball is different on the pro than the LE/Prem. But, from what I gather on my pro - and please someone feel free to correct my mistakes as I don't think this is entirely accurate....

The First shot to start Hyperspace Multiball locks the ball in Death Star. That starts 2 or 3 different hurry ups. The First hurry up is the ball saver, this goes away pretty quick. Second hurry up is to hit the locked ball out of the Death Star; doing so re-activates the ball saver hurry up, adds a ball into play, and starts a new hurry up at the Death Star where you can lock another ball. If you lock a ball into the Death Star during this hurry up, it will start another hurry-up where if you can hit the locked ball out of the Death Star again, it'll restart the ball saver timer again, and add another ball into play while also starting another hurry-up at the Death Star. Rinse + Repeat. If at anytime you miss the hurry-up to lock a ball on the Death Star, it then begins the 'repair the hyperdrive' stage in which you have to hit all the hyperspace shots (6?) to repair it which lights the Death Star Hyperspace hurry up. If you can successfully do that, and lock a ball in the Death Star during that hurry up, it will start another hurry-up at the Death Star where if you can hit the ball out, it'll start the ball saver hurry up again and add a ball in play in which it'll start you back at the hurry-up phase where you can start adding balls into play again and refreshing the ball saver. Some of that may be inaccurate but that's what ive gathered from playing so far.

#5123 5 years ago

Am I missing it somewhere? But when I complete a planet multiball and make the final shot to destroy the Death Star, Jaba’s palace, escape Hoth, etc... I don’t see a score displayed for that final shot or the multiball total. That really is my only peeve about this game so far. Show me the $ shot!

Also, are the victory medals worth anything besides end of ball bonus? And is there a way to get more than 1 per planet? Like X amount of victory jackpots = 1 medal, 2 medals, 3 medals, and so on?

#5165 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Had a GREAT game with a friend last night.
First ball was ~100M for each. He blew up ball 2 and had 1.6B. I too blew up ball 2 and ended with 1.8B. His ball 3 was incredible. All the way though Jedi and the start of the next character. 6.3B. He completed Endor, Hoth and Tatooine and was 1 shot away from completing Death Star MB! It was incredible to watch. Needless to say I couldn't catch up and finished with 2B.
What a GREAT machine! Such great theme integration, lights, sounds, shots are fun! The whole package!

Fully agree. I’m having such a good time on this. Two games last night nearly achieving Jedi. In one, playing as Leia, I was missing Buba Fett; I got it started, made it to the left orbit shot > hit post, drained, game over doh! The other was as Luke and missed it by one multiball but managed a 1.2 bil LSD. Such a fun, but brutally addicting game.

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you stacking missions?
Rob

No have it turned off. I’ve thought about putting it back on just to see how it is though.

#5172 5 years ago

Anyone know if there Is a specific fix for rejected HOTH shots when it's supposed to hold the ball but bounces back instead? Mine just started doing this more and more the other week.

#5196 5 years ago

Still looking for thoughts and ideas on that HOTH shot. When its lit for mode start or video mode; 99% of the time if I shoot it with the right flipper it locks in perfect as it should. With the left flipper, however, it rejects back about 75% of the time. I played with it for hours last night and have no resolution. Im guessing the angle of the right flipper hits the horseshoe ramp just right where the fork posts catch it; and with the left flipper its going so fast it bounces back before the 2nd opto has a chance to register to fire the blocking up post. That make sense, anyone have ideas?

#5198 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

From Stern:
PRO V1.03 - May 8, 2018
========================
NOTE - If you are seeing the ball bounce out of the inner loop after shooting
the hoth / video mode shot, please make sure your center post in the back
of the loop is adjusted flush with the playfield.

Thanks. mine is flush but I’ll play with it more and see if it helps.

#5199 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

From Stern:
PRO V1.03 - May 8, 2018
========================
NOTE - If you are seeing the ball bounce out of the inner loop after shooting
the hoth / video mode shot, please make sure your center post in the back
of the loop is adjusted flush with the playfield.

Has anyone made this adjustment with success? If so do they want to share their secrets for adjustment? Mine seems flush but maybe not? I dunno...

#5233 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys ! So In hyper loop mb is there a way to rengage the hyperloop again. Or is it done. Thx

No hyperloop on pro but you can repair the hyperdrive so to speak and reinitiate the ball saver and ball feeding sequence. I believe once the initial feeding sequence is over, all shots light for what appears to be hurry up jackpots. Collect all those or a certain number of those and it’ll light the DS shot to start feeding again. Don’t know if these rules are the same on the LE/PREM or not though.

#5260 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

It's not a problem with the speaker, its a problem with the audio coming off the Spike II CPU Board. However, a better speaker geared to optimizing lower frequencies will probably exhibit less of this distortion problem.

Have you tried listening to it with headphones? It sounds really good and in stereo. but ill check for this distortion next time. I know with my backbox speakers they were pressing up against the speaker grille causing distortion and very poor quality sound output, you may want to check to make sure that's not the problem either.

#5357 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have and love this game, but I don't know the movies enough to know what the hell you guys are talking about

Quoted from zacaj:

I've been meaning to rewatch them again after playing the game so much. Haven't seen them in years

I rewatched all 3 a few times now with my 5 year old. He's absolutely obsessed with anything Star Wars. In fact, I wish there was a way to just enable the video mode without playing pinball so I can let him go at it on his own lol.

it's awesome to watch the movies again. They really are a classic and aged pretty well considering. I still find it comical that Han Solo's reward for saving the princess is a huge shipment of containers, don't they have paypal or Zelle with that technology

All in all, they are definitely worth the watch. It's fun seeing scenes in the movie as they correspond to the pinball. I think stern did a really good job with theme integration on that aspect.

#5380 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So speaking of sound, mine is terrible in the cabinet. Very muddy and not crisp. Somebody mentioned the same thing a while back being an actual source problem. But I tried replacing the subwoofer with the one linked a few days ago (Polk?) and the sound was instantly quieter. Like 1/4 volume. The cab speaker is definitely producing sound but very little. Is there a chance I hooked it up wrong (Black stripe to negative terminal, right?) I adjusted the balance but it really sounds the same or possibly worse. Help?

if your backbox speakers are muddy and not crisp (mine was); pull the speaker panel down and verify the speakers aren't getting crammed against the speaker grill causing the speakers to not be able to vibrate in and out properly. I put some washers on my speakers to space them away from the grill and that helped tremendously. I will probably eventually upgrade to flipper fidelity, but 75% of the time I play is with headphones on in stereo.

1 week later
#5423 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

So how many different ways could you play this Star Wars? My TWD has been a keeper mostly because of the different ways I can approach it if I start to get bored.. modes, multiballs, seige etc.

Lots! More than GOT and TWD which are 2 of my favorite sterns. TWD code is more polished than SW and both GOT & TWD do a better job of displaying big jackpot scores, but SW does have more variety and better risk/reward scoring opportunities and has faster yet risky progression. Each character has 2 or 3 ways to tackle the game that's different from each other. I discovered a new way to tackle Leia just this morning; hope to test & refine it a little more today. If you like brutality, speed, and diversity; you'll dig SW. TWD, GOT, and SW are some of my favorite pins.

On a side note; does anyone know if you can make the FORCE drops harder to advance letters for the add a ball in multiball? It seems to award a letter for each drop you hit on one shot which makes sense, but I'd like it a little harder like spotting one letter per hit no matter how many drops you get in that one hit. I'll check the feature adjustments later, but just thinking out loud for now

#5425 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Is there a way to know how many hits you need to add a ball in world multi ball. can you play the world modes to make the add a ball less hits? Seems like some world multi balls you need to hit force target more or less than others.

FORCE inserts light up solid in order F to E as you hit drops. It's the same for all the world multiball; but there's a hurryup timer associated to it; if you don't hit the drops after a few secs a countdown timer starts with sound effect. hitting the drops continues spelling FORCE and resets the timer; if you don't hit drops and timer goes off you have to start over on it.

#5427 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hope you didn't take it personally. It's pretty standard for some updates that don't have any rules changes or pressing bugs to be avoided or skipped.

Typically, I'd agree with you and held off updating my GOT for the same reasons. But I updated to 1.05 today and Man, it's like the best SW update yet! Lol. Sound is fixed and hoth never bricks, locks shots into place so well. Night and day difference for me.

#5429 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right, I never did 1.04 so I didn;t have any of those issues with mine.

I never did 1.04 either but I've always had the hoth shot reject and come back out 75% of the time; now it locks in place every time. And my quirky sound issues are gone it seems too.

#5459 5 years ago

In case anyone was wondering what Happens when you hit every shot in LSD with a 40X as Luke....

324664D4-2413-4033-87CA-293B45EC1E32 (resized).jpeg324664D4-2413-4033-87CA-293B45EC1E32 (resized).jpeg

#5472 5 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Just joined with a pro on Friday. Great game , But wondering if anyone else has had this issue and does stern do anything for the issue. My playfield has sanding lines or planer lines in it and make all the images look blurred. The entire PF is like this. You can feel all the lines too when you run your hand over it. NIB is great and all, But when this is seen kinda puts a kink in it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Typically, I say it's normal but it does seem a little excessive on yours. I would contact your distributor and see what what he & stern says about it.

#5518 5 years ago

One of the things ive learned about this game in the 500 plays or so is that the multiplier is really quite minor compared to how big of an issue it is to haters who hate to learn the game. And what I mean is this; for most veteran players having shots multiplied typically translates to 'I must continue moving my multiplier to maximize my scoring'. But in Star Wars, there's really only certain moments that you really. want to have a shot multiplied and not risking your ball by moving it; otherwise, ignoring the multiplier will bring on better results. For example, trying to move the multiplier around for every jackpot shot in a multiball = bad. Or trying to have it hit every mode shot = bad. You want to have it in the right spot for that 'cash in' shot of a mode, multiball, or sequence.

On the flip side, here's the moments you really really want to have your shot multiplied:
- Death Star is the best place to keep your multiplier when idle on ignore. And/or the two shots to the right of it (Endor/Hoth).
- Anytime you're gonna start a video mode. TIP: HOTH-1 mission is a video mode and can be started from other shots other than the Hoth/video mode shot so make sure it's multiplied before picking this mission.
- Hyperspace hurry ups and Hyperspace multiball
- Tie Fighter Super JP
- Final shot of any planet multiball
- Any and all shots of Light Saber Duel
- Any and all shots of Escape Bubba Felt
- Certain modes can benefit from being multiplied but not every shot of the mode. there's 12 missions so hard to dig in on which are the best but a good rule of thumb is if its a hurry up mode shot, don't worry about the multiplier. And learn where the final shot of a mission ends and keep it there.
- Death Star MB: Death Star Shot
- Tatooine MB: Endor Ramp. Sometimes toggling back and forth of Endor and Hoth shots are good but this is risk vs reward.
- Endor MB: Death Star Shot
- Hoth MB: Far Left outer loop shot during mb; Hoth Shot to complete multiball.
- Any and all shots of Jedi Multiball.

I may be missing one or two but that's the jist of it in what I believe the 'critical' areas to be multiplied. Other than that, just keep the multiplier at Death Star/Endor/Hoth. The brilliant thing about the scoring logic is that modes like Light Saber Duel or Bubba Fett are easy simple modes, but maximizing the scoring of these modes is where things get interesting as you can really cash in a lot of points. i.e. Risk/Reward. Same could be said about the multi balls.

And for the advanced players: The tricky part is what do you do with the multiplier when you have stacks going like a planet mb + Hyperspace + Tie fighter. Usually its good to just keep it on Death Star but if your doing Hoth or Tatooine, you may want to move the multiplier around constantly from Death Star, to utter left orbit, to Endor, to Hoth.

Another insightful advanced tip. Tatooine-2 is a two shot hurry up - Right ramp > Death Star. You can easily stack this with a hyperspace hurry up, so make sure your multiplier is set on the Death Star to cash in the double hurry up.

#5519 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Grabbed one of these today and I'm thrilled with it despite Deadpool reveal. I've wanted one bad, the theme is awesome for me but I know a lot of local people and friends that have verbally trashed this pin. Most of the people I know said ''No! No! It sucks!'' Bah. What do they know.
I love so many things about this game, it's probably the fastest and smoothest playing pin I've played, I mean this game rips and screams at times. Love that translight and side box art. The way that the movie themes are integrated into the modes are super cool, it's hard not to crack a smile or laugh at some of them.
My build date is June 2018 and I'm on code v 1.03
I'm going to read over the thread now, but maybe someone can chime in- I did all the modes but then nothing happened and nothing was really lit to start anything, any ideas? Is this the code or did I need to do something else?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You probably needed to defeat Light Saber Duel and/or Escape Bubba Fett. So you cannot do modes anymore but focus on the tasks to complete those tasks. Trap up and check out the info screen to see which of the 2 you need. LSD = Drop targets to progress FORCE. Escape Bubba = combos to get white arrows lit then cash in the white arrow to progress.

#5525 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I took your post and deleted all the times you want your multiplier on HOTH, Death Star or Endor to see what youre left with if you park your multipliers on those 3 shots.
I’m not sure where the tie fighter super JP is. That very well could be deleted too.
There’s not much that’s left, if you’re really scared to move it parking them there doesn’t look too bad

Sweet!

Quoted from zacaj:

Left ramp
But also remember that it gets narrower so even parking you'll miss a lot of those

Yes, exactly. Parking a multiplier on the 3 main shots (Death Star, Endor, Hoth) still keeps you on your toes to move it as it moves from 3 multipliers to 2 to 1. But all in all as we can see; moving the multiplier around isn't as critical as some people make it out to be. Just keeping it on these 3 main shots is the biggest factor for most the scoring opportunities.

#5529 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Boba Fett. Boba. Respect.

hah my bad. I am really tired in my defense

#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Too many shots focus on the mini loop and not enough shots for the orbits I think.
Rob

I don't think that's such a bad thing; those outer loops are tight! ...and tough. If you had more focus there, it could turn modes into a Lonnie stale slow chase that one shot for 30 secs brickfest. I think Dwight uses those loops good with the left used more as it can be back handed. I think there's only 2 modes where you need to hit that right loop? And the rest are jackpot multiball advancements. That's a good thing IMO.

Only thing I don't like about the game is the fanfare when defeating a planet mb. 1. There's no score displayed for the final shot and 2. When you defeat a planet, it begins to play the killer SW pump you up music only to get interrupted seconds later by the lousy victory mb horns. Other than that, this game is fun and addicting. Love the unorthodox ruleset.

2 weeks later
#5623 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ok now having played the game a decent amount.
I love it. I did have mixed feelings for awhile.
It's a great game, sure there could have been more toys - at least it has 2.
Iron Maiden LE has none, unless you call the sarcophagus a toy?
I own an IM LE and gotta admit I haven't really taken to it as much as I have enjoyed Star Wars LE.
Maybe that will change in time... who knows.
I personally love play fields where I can see all the shots. I think the integration is fine.
I still remember when Tron first came out and everyone thought it was pretty garbage.. In the end - each to their own and who cares if the majority like a game or not.
What I'd like to know is, Is the code actually finished now? Or more to come perhaps?

I don't think we'll see more code for awhile to be honest. But if I were to comment on what the game really needs, I'd say;
+ more priority writing during multiball stacks. Example, during hyperspace multiball and when you defeat a planet multiball you don't get the fan fare call out or music.
+ during LSD, when you make the final shot it shows 'all escape' with a point value for that final shot but it should show the total score displayed for the mode instead.
+ final shot on any planet multiball doesn't show score value for that shot anywhere. Overall, kind of a shame to have so many cool unorthodox scoring rules and 2 LCD displays yet not show scores for key modes and shots.
+ need an indicator somewhere on the display to show hyperspace multiball progress.
+ transition the victory multiball horns sound better into the game. Have them layered with the Star Wars fanfare music. Such a bummer to hear the Star Wars score after completing a planet multiball only to have it abruptly cut off by victory horns. Improve the sound mixing and transitions.

EDIT: wishlist item:
+ we have cool options in the adjustments with stacking modes, multiballs, or turning stacking off. I'd like another option for stacking off - start random mission: this basically starts a random mission from the shot you made. So if you shoot hoth, you will only start a hoth mission. Shoot Death Star, you will only start a Death Star mission and it's a random select. This would be a fun home use setting for advanced players.

#5627 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

You should message this to Stern?
Or perhaps all of us should?

Yea I'll send it dwights way but I'm pretty sure he's moved on to his next project. Maybe if someone happened to have a popular YouTube channel that people watched, enjoyed, and respected; they could list it off for stern *cough* Zac *cough*

#5655 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Has there been a definitive in depth tutorial on the game with at least semi recent code? I absolutely love the code on GOT and want to fall in love with this game from the same creative team.

The rules on SW are as good as, if not better, than GOT. Im a huge GOT fan and love the game. I do enjoy the multiplier rules on GOT more as they are more spread out; however, keeping a 20x or 40x multiplier alive on SW is thrilling, Adrenalin pumping, and rewarding. So regarding multipliers, both have their own perks and more importantly, they are both unique, unorthodox, and never been done in any other pinball that i can think of.

Regarding rules and such. No PDF's like theyve had for GOT or IMDN that i know of. Tiltforums could be helpful. They key to Star Wars is knowing what the sound effects mean and different colored arrows/lights. Here's my attempt at a quick guide (anyone feel free to help me on some of this as it's probably not 100% accurate):

+ Sound Effects:
> Mid-tone deeper countdown sound effect = multiplier about to expire
> High tone countdown sound effect = mode hurryup about to expire in which it resets the mode to the beginning of that stage.
> High tone countdown sound effect in multiball = Spelling force for add a ball is about to expire in which it resets having to spell FORCE again.

Note-1: Something to keep in mind about missions is there are no traditional timers so to speak. You play them til they are complete. So you can get stuck in a mission if you do not know what you're doing or know what the sound effects mean.

Note-2: Spell FORCE during any of the 4 planet multiballs to get an add-a-ball which is cashed in using the lockdown bar button. Spelling FORCE for the add-a-ball is a hurryup and a timer will begin to clock down; hit any FORCE drop target to reset the timer. Fail to reset the timer, resets the entire add-a-ball sequence having you spell FORCE again. The lockdown bar will be flashing Orange if you have an add-a-ball available. Be careful if you start Tie Fighter assault during multiball as you wont be able to add-a-ball Hint: maybe try adding a ball first, then do the tie fighter assault. In addition, you can choose not to use your add-a-ball and carry it over into any other multiball in the game. You can have a max of 2 add-a-balls saved at any given time.

+ Modes (General):
> Shoot either of the 4 shots (Death Star, Endor, Hoth, Tattoine) 3 times to light its Missions; this also lights the shot to be used as a mode start.

+ Missions (Death Star):
Death Star mission shots are represented with purple'ish multi-colored arrow lights for all missions.
> DS-1: Shoot 4 shots to complete. I believe these are Left outside Loop, Left inner orbit, Right inner orbit, and right ramp. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> DS-2: Shoot either of the 2 inner loops 3 times which activates a hurryup at either of the outside loops. Make the outside loop in time and the mode is complete. Fail, and the mode starts over. SKB Difficulty Meter: Medium
> DS-2 (Han): Han solo DS-2 is different. If memory serves, it's shoot either 2 inner orbits or 2 outter loops, then shoot a left ramp. SKB Difficulty Meter: Medium
> DS-3: Shoot any of the lit shots, then hit the tie fighter to collect. I believe you have to do this 4 times to complete. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> Destroy the Death Star: There are 3 phases, like the movie, before you can destroy the death star. Each phase is the same as the next which is shoot the 2 ramps to light a Death Star Hurryup, then shoot Death Star. If the hurry up timer runs out before you hit Death Star, that phase will reset. The call out for completing phase 2 is the rogue leader saying 'nope, it didnt go in'. That's when it's Luke's turn to destroy the death star in which the next Death Star Hurryup will blow up the death star. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard

+ Missions (Tattoine):
Tattoine Shots are represented with Orange arrow lights for all missions
> T-1: Shoot 5 shots to complete. I believe these are left outter orbit, left inner orbit, right inner orbit, right ramp, right outter loop. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> T-2: Shoot either ramp to start a Death Star Hurryup. Shoot the death star to complete; if timer runs out the mode resets. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> T-3: Rancor - Phase 1 is Shoot either ramp once then the 3-bank. Phase 2 is shoot both ramps then the 3-bank. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy-Medium
Tatooine Multiball: the Left ramp and right inner orbit will alternate shots to progress through the multiball. The 3-bank, right ramp and right vuk will be lit to increase the values of those 2 shot progressions. I think you have to hit the left ramp/right inner orbit 8 times each as they alternate which lights the left ramp for the final shot. SKB Difficulty Meter: Medium

+ Missions (Endor):
Endor missions are represented with Green arrow lights for all missions
> E-1: Speeders - hurry up mode, shoot any of the green lights to progress. If the timer runs out, start over. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> E-2: Shoot both ramps as a pair then either ramp to progress to the next phase in which you have to hit a pair of ramps again then either ramp to complete... This has a hurry up and if the timer runs out you need to hit the drops to relight ramps. SKB Difficulty meter: Very Hard.
> E-3: 2 phases, each phase is to shoot 4 shots. The 4 shots for both phases are Right inner orbit, right Ramp, left outter orbit, left ramp - i could be wrong. No hurryup, do at your own pace. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
Endor Multiball: Shoot the ramps and/or right inner orbit a few times to light death star hurryup, then shoot death star. If hurryup timer runs out, start over. SKB Meter difficulty: Easy

+ Missions (Hoth):
Hoth Missions are represented with Blue arrow lights for all missions
> H-1: Video Mode: SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> H-2: Shoot blue shots. I think its 2 ramps, then 2 outter orbits, then 1 inner orbit. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> H-2 (Luke): Luke battles vader, shoot FORCE drops and spell FORCE. then shoot right inner orbit to complete. Final orbit shot can be timed out. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> H-3: Kinda fuzzy on this one. I think its shoot any blue shot which lights a hurry up shot on death star. Collect before time runs out or mission resets. SKB DIfficulty Meter: Easy-Medium
> H-3 (Leia): Shoot all 3 3-bank targets to start a blue shot hurry up. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
Hoth Multiball: Little fuzzy on this one but you must shoot the inner orbits and the left outter loop to progress. Eventually the inner orbits will no longer be lit and you must hit the left outter loop to progress. Once you hit that loop enough times, you must hit the FORCE drops, then 2 ramps, then finish the mode at the right inner orbit. SKB Difficulty Meter: Very Hard

+ Escape Boba-Fet:
> making a combo shot will light light-blue arrows. Hit any of those light-blue arrows to turn it white. Hit a white arrow to progress towards Boba-Fet.
> Escape Boba-Fet = Left Ramp, Right inner orbit, right ramp, left outter orbit, left ramp to complete. Each shot is a quick hurryup. If you do not make the shot in time, the mode will end and you will have to relight the mode and start over. Hint: Shooting the 3-bank increases time on each hurryup shot. Keep your eye on the mini LCD for your timer - if its low, shoot the 3-bank.

FORCE Drops:
> Completing an entire set of Drops lights one letter. Spell FORCE to get to Light Saber Duel.
> Lighting each letter on your way to spelling FORCE gives you one award. I believe they are:
F: Light Mystery
O: Light Escape
R: Advance Jedi?
C: Start Double Multipliers?
E: Light Light saber duel

+ Light Saber Duel:
> Phase 1: Shoot right inner orbit, left inner orbit, and right ramp
> Phase 2: Shoot Right ramp + Right inner orbit
> Phase 3: Right inner orbit
> Complete: Right inner orbit
Left ramp adds 5 seconds. If you hit 3-bank after hitting the left ramp, you can add even more time, like 20 seconds.

EDIT-1: Stand up targets progress towards JEDI. The higher your JEDI rank the more valuable stand up targets are. Hint: This could be quite lucrative if you max your Jedi rank prior to playing multiballs.

EDIT-2: To qualify the emperor battle: You must play all 4 planet multiballs, complete light saber duel, complete escape from boba-fet, get Jedi Rank gold, and destroy 100 tie fighters.

Hope this helps

#5662 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's five shots. Left orbit too iirc

If the timer runs out you need to hit drops to relight ramps. I think the timer is only for pairs of ramps. After the second ramp you have more time to hit the third to start the next pair

Ramps and also right inner loop. Seems to take less shots to relight if hurry up runs out

Final right inner orbit can be timed out

Edited! Thanks.

#5664 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it ruined childhoods

Hahaha so true. To be fair; when I have stacking on, I don’t feel too immersed in the Star Wars universe. When stacking is off, I do.

stacking on = for players.
Stacking off = for questors/theme immersion

the default setting is stacking on and most the hate seems to be people that want a story quest game. Makes me wonder how well received it would have been if it’s always been stacking off. Reminds me of X-Men and what a hot mess that was with stacking on.

On the flip side, as a player; I’m loving it with stacking on with no extra balls, and I think I’m going to enable multiball stacking tonight too.

#5665 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The rules on SW are as good as, if not better, than GOT. Im a huge GOT fan and love the game. I do enjoy the multiplier rules on GOT more as they are more spread out; however, keeping a 20x or 40x multiplier alive on SW is thrilling, Adrenalin pumping, and rewarding. So regarding multipliers, both have their own perks and more importantly, they are both unique, unorthodox, and never been done in any other pinball that i can think of.
Regarding rules and such. No PDF's like theyve had for GOT or IMDN that i know of. Tiltforums could be helpful. They key to Star Wars is knowing what the sound effects mean and different colored arrows/lights. Here's my attempt at a quick guide (anyone feel free to help me on some of this as it's probably not 100% accurate):
+ Sound Effects:
> Mid-tone deeper countdown sound effect = multiplier about to expire
> High tone countdown sound effect = mode hurryup about to expire in which it resets the mode to the beginning of that stage.
> High tone countdown sound effect in multiball = Spelling force for add a ball is about to expire in which it resets having to spell FORCE again.
Note-1: Something to keep in mind about missions is there are no traditional timers so to speak. You play them til they are complete. So you can get stuck in a mission if you do not know what you're doing or know what the sound effects mean.
Note-2: Spell FORCE during any of the 4 planet multiballs to get an add-a-ball which is cashed in using the lockdown bar button. Spelling FORCE for the add-a-ball is a hurryup and a timer will begin to clock down; hit any FORCE drop target to reset the timer. Fail to reset the timer, resets the entire add-a-ball sequence having you spell FORCE again. The lockdown bar will be flashing Orange if you have an add-a-ball available. Be careful if you start Tie Fighter assault during multiball as you wont be able to add-a-ball Hint: maybe try adding a ball first, then do the tie fighter assault. In addition, you can choose not to use your add-a-ball and carry it over into any other multiball in the game. You can have a max of 2 add-a-balls saved at any given time.
+ Modes (General):
> Shoot either of the 4 shots (Death Star, Endor, Hoth, Tattoine) 3 times to light its Missions; this also lights the shot to be used as a mode start.
+ Missions (Death Star):
Death Star mission shots are represented with purple'ish multi-colored arrow lights for all missions.
> DS-1: Shoot 4 shots to complete. I believe these are Left outside Loop, Left inner orbit, Right inner orbit, and right ramp. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> DS-2: Shoot either of the 2 inner loops 3 times which activates a hurryup at either of the outside loops. Make the outside loop in time and the mode is complete. Fail, and the mode starts over. SKB Difficulty Meter: Medium
> DS-2 (Han): Han solo DS-2 is different. If memory serves, it's shoot either 2 inner orbits or 2 outter loops, then shoot a left ramp. SKB Difficulty Meter: Medium
> DS-3: Shoot any of the lit shots, then hit the tie fighter to collect. I believe you have to do this 4 times to complete. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> Destroy the Death Star: There are 3 phases, like the movie, before you can destroy the death star. Each phase is the same as the next which is shoot the 2 ramps to light a Death Star Hurryup, then shoot Death Star. If the hurry up timer runs out before you hit Death Star, that phase will reset. The call out for completing phase 2 is the rogue leader saying 'nope, it didnt go in'. That's when it's Luke's turn to destroy the death star in which the next Death Star Hurryup will blow up the death star. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
+ Missions (Tattoine):
Tattoine Shots are represented with Orange arrow lights for all missions
> T-1: Shoot 4 shots to complete. I believe these are left inner orbit, right inner orbit, right ramp, right outter loop. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> T-2: Shoot either ramp to start a Death Star Hurryup. Shoot the death star to complete; if timer runs out the mode resets. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> T-3: Rancor - Phase 1 is Shoot either ramp once then the 3-bank. Phase 2 is shoot both ramps then the 3-bank. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy-Medium
Tatooine Multiball: the Left ramp and right inner orbit will alternate shots to progress through the multiball. The 3-bank, right ramp and right vuk will be lit to increase the values of those 2 shot progressions. I think you have to hit the left ramp/right inner orbit 8 times each as they alternate which lights the left ramp for the final shot. SKB Difficulty Meter: Medium
+ Missions (Endor):
Endor missions are represented with Green arrow lights for all missions
> E-1: Speeders - hurry up mode, shoot any of the green lights to progress. If the timer runs out, start over. SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> E-2: Shoot ramps alternately left/right/left/right etc... This has a hurry up and if the timer runs out before you hit a lit ramp the mode will reset. SKB Difficulty meter: Very Hard.
> E-3: 2 phases, each phase is to shoot 4 shots. The 4 shots for both phases are Right inner orbit, right Ramp, left outter orbit, left ramp - i could be wrong. No hurryup, do at your own pace. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
Endor Multiball: Shoot the ramps a few times to light death star hurryup, then shoot death star. If hurryup timer runs out, start over. SKB Meter difficulty: Easy
+ Missions (Hoth):
Hoth Missions are represented with Blue arrow lights for all missions
> H-1: Video Mode: SKB Difficulty Meter: Easy
> H-2: Shoot blue shots. I think its 2 ramps, then 2 outter orbits, then 1 inner orbit. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> H-2 (Luke): Luke battles vader, shoot FORCE drops and spell FORCE. then shoot right inner orbit to complete. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
> H-3: Kinda fuzzy on this one. I think its shoot any blue shot which lights a hurry up shot on death star. Collect before time runs out or timer resets. SKB DIfficulty Meter: Easy-Medium
> H-3 (Leia): Shoot all 3 3-bank targets to start a blue shot hurry up. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard
Hoth Multiball: Little fuzzy on this one but you must shoot the inner orbits and the left outter loop to progress. Eventually the inner orbits will no longer be lit and you must hit the left outter loop to progress. Once you hit that loop enough times, you must hit the FORCE drops, then 2 ramps, then finish the mode at the right inner orbit. SKB Difficulty Meter: Very Hard
+ Escape Boba-Fet:
> making a combo shot will light light-blue arrows. Hit any of those light-blue arrows to turn it white. Hit a white arrow to progress towards Boba-Fet.
> Escape Boba-Fet = Left Ramp, Right inner orbit, right ramp, left outter orbit, left ramp to complete. Each shot is a quick hurryup. If you do not make the shot in time, the mode will end and you will have to relight the mode and start over. Hint: Shooting the 3-bank increases time on each hurryup shot. Keep your eye on the mini LCD for your timer - if its low, shoot the 3-bank.
FORCE Drops:
> Completing an entire set of Drops lights one letter. Spell FORCE to get to Light Saber Duel.
> Lighting each letter on your way to spelling FORCE gives you one award. I believe they are:
F: Light Mystery
O: Light Escape
R: Advance Jedi?
C: Start Double Multipliers?
E: Light Light saber duel
+ Light Saber Duel:
> Phase 1: Shoot right inner orbit, left inner orbit, and right ramp
> Phase 2: Shoot Right ramp + Right inner orbit
> Phase 3: Right inner orbit
> Complete: Right inner orbit
Left ramp adds 5 seconds. If you hit 3-bank after hitting the left ramp, you can add even more time, like 20 seconds.
EDIT-1: Stand up targets progress towards JEDI. The higher your JEDI rank the more valuable stand up targets are. Hint: This could be quite lucrative if you max your Jedi rank prior to playing multiballs.
EDIT-2: To qualify the emperor battle: You must play all 4 planet multiballs, complete light saber duel, complete escape from boba-fet, get Jedi Rank gold, and destroy 100 tie fighters.
Hope this helps

Can any modders key index this ruleset post? I’ll try to keep it up to date best I can.

1 week later
#5743 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Another issue....
Left flipper is sticky. Sometimes remaining stuck in the up position.
The game has only had like 250 plays since new and looks super clean.
I haven't taken the flipper apart yet as surely won't need to do this on a new game?
Or might it be node board related?

Check with Chas and/or your distributor. But I had a similar issue with Maiden; it’s the coil stop. Chas said sometimes they put the wrong one in. He’ll send you a new one and/or you can fiddle with it and get it working. I honestly forgot what I did to fix mine, I think I played with the coil stop washer spring or whatever it is so the coil had more freedom and hadn’t had an issue since.

#5756 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I've had this game now for a few months and there are many things that I love about it. The hyper space multi ball is one of the coolest features I've played in pinball. The theme is a grail theme for me and the pin is fast and fun. However, I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this pin in my collection. It is just too difficult to play. The hyper space shot is so tight that I hit it maybe 1 out of 10 times. It's an essential shot in many of the modes and is so aggravatingly difficult to hit that it just makes me want to pitch this thing into the river.
To prove a point, I haven't even come close to the emperor on this game and have been getting frustrated with my progress so i decided to set the game on 10 balls. 10! This is actually more like 13 balls with the extra balls earned. I played 5 games this afternoon and couldn't even complete the 4 mode multi balls let alone all the other varying objectives required to get to the emperor. This is INSANE! This game is way too difficult and just frustrates me completely.
I'm most likely going to get rid of it, if I can't even cheat and get close to the wizard mode then this is a completely unplayable game. I mean, if i'd have come close it may have buoyed my hopes but with 10 balls and 5 games, I am not even scratching the surface of this thing.

I'm in the opposite boat. I disabled extra balls so only 3 per game. Plus, The game is ridiculously heavy on the multiball side that I have hyperspace set to hard and victory ball saver at 5 secs (Down from 20). It's much better now; you may want to try that if making it easier isn't doing it for you

#5767 5 years ago

Pro...premium...I just hit a hyperspace from outer left orbit to Death Star for 1.9 bil. I don't care who you are, thats exhilarating!

I also did something new tonight that I didn't think was possible; I stacked planet/victory multiball with tie fighter + hyperspace multiball. Pretty fun actually. To pull this off you have to get the hyperspace hurry up active, then hit tie fighter hurry up, then activate hyperspace multiball before starting tie fighter multiball.

That said; here's my constructive criticisms of the game after a few months of ownerships and what ive done to correct it:

+ The game is a little ridiculously heavy on the multiball side. The layout isn't the greatest for this heavy multiball mindset. To top it off, the code needs polish in prioritizing the call outs. I think defeating a planet multiball, the music and call out should be priority#1. Also, there's no score display for making the final shot of either of the 4 mini wizard mode planet mb's; 40x final shot to destroy the Death Star and no score! wtf is up with that?!?

+ The video mode is stale. It is only fun when you have 20x or more multiplier, and even then, it needs another dimension to it. What I think would help it is one of two things. 1. Have the speed of the video mode increase as you pass more asteroids and/or 2. If you hit an asteroid, have your multiplier decrease by 1x; while having little bonus multipliers come by from time to time to increase your multiplier making it worthwhile to play even if you start at 2x.

+ the game was getting a little top heavy on ball times for me. Nearly getting to emperor every other game. I thought about opening the outlanes or putting lightning flippers on, but I found something else that made it more intense, more appealing for us brutal style players that corrects this and my other critiques:

I set up my game for the following:
- Reduced Video mode to 15 seconds
- Disabled extra balls
- Turn stacking off (this is optional - I toggle back and forth with this setting but I ultimately enjoy the game as a whole with stacking off)
- Set hyperspace difficulty to Hard (Default = Easy)
- Lowered ball saver on victory mb to 5 secs (default = 20 secs)
- Lowered ball saver on Tie Fighter mb to 10 secs (default = 15 secs)
- Set multipliers difficulty to medium (Default = Easy); this last change is optional. If I were a tournament director, I'd set this on hard to take away the advantage of players knowing how to use the multiplier rule.

These settings definitely help with that heavy multiball feel. And Don't get me wrong, this game is hard on factory. But once you master all the modes and know the safe shots, you'll begin having long ball time games. These settings puts the umph back into the adrenalin factor this game has to offer. Im just throwing this out there for anyone else who feels like me that the game isn't as exciting as when you first got it. These settings definitely puts you back on your toes and really makes you think about your decision making. Tweak at your leisure for your skill level and enjoy

#5792 5 years ago

My guess (and this is pure speculation) is that they went for an R2D2 in the X-wing type of feel. They probably did such a killer job on it that they had to bite, scratch, claw back and forth with the license holder and probably had to do many many revisions which, in the end, probably is nothing more than a lasserific see thru topper with a fainted barely recognizable image of R2D2 lol.

#5805 5 years ago

Any good apron cards going around for Stern SW?

#5836 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I played early code when this first came out and wasnt too impressed but still keep kicking around the idea of picking one up...
How long was your game to complete two characters? I had a ST pro for 4 yrs and i finally moved it along cuz it got to be a chore to play, every game seemed the same. Do you see yourself chopping at SW the same way everytime?

On factory settings; yes in a way, it can be once you learn the modes, shots, multiballs, and safe zones. That said, It's nothing like ST - there's so much diverse progression that it doesn't feel like a chore but it can have long gametimes. However, I have mine setup brutal and I recommend anyone who starts having long ball times to do the same. The big changes I did was set hyperspace to hard (so you don't get that multiball as often), reduce victory multiball ball saver to 5 secs so you're not playing endless multiball for 5+ minutes, reduce tie fighter multiball ball saver to 10 secs. Additionally, if you want to go even more brutal, turn extra balls off. Then, go for stacking on if you want fast progression or stacking off to be more story based and even harder. You can still progress to mini wizard modes with this setup and emporror is still in reach, yet you won't even come close to 2 character games or 20+ minute games at that.

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My noon hour was productive. Played in tournament mode, so no extra balls. My best score yet. The wife isn’t too happy with me...mainly because her score wasn’t too good.
[quoted image]

Nice! Question about tournament mode. Is it as easy as installing a tournament button? And is installing a tournament button easy? I imagine you can customize the settings for tournament mode?

I need to setup 2 start buttons. One for me (tournament) and one for wife, kids, guests.

1 week later
#5900 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Its a fun ride but a long one, and didn’t last for that reason.
SW paths and objectives build more shot tension which has kept gameplay interesting to me.

ditto. I had AFMr and IMDN pro next to my SW and all I wanted to play is SW....and still do

1 week later
#5928 5 years ago

I think this has been posted before but here's a shity bug. Playing as R2D2, if you tilt during Hoth 2, there will be nothing lit to do on your next ball and the mode music will still be playing. No choice but to drain out

1 week later
#5965 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Just had an odd occurrence. My mini screen went white in the middle of the game, and stayed that way for the duration. The game played on without incident, and upon power-cycling the machine it came back up. Any ideas what caused that?

Possibly a loose cat5 connection on back of the mini LCD. Mine went completely blank and that was the culprit. Try reseating it.

2 weeks later
#6011 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I bought this game not long before a move. It's setup at my new place, but there's so much other stuff to do that I rarely get an opportunity to do more than play a tired, half-hearted game.
The other night I finally got a chance to play a good solid couple hours of pinball. TNA and SW dominated that session. They're great compliments to eachother. I gave the multipliers on SW a break for once, and just set it and forget it for most of my games, at least until it was crazy high with an important shot to be made. That worked out as a great strategy for me, and I had a ton of fun trying to play through modes.
I found I don't really care for stacking modes. This game can be pretty immersive, and bouncing between two modes really takes away from that for me. The worst part about that is I'll obviously have a very difficult time progressing to the final stages..

I have stacking turned off, much better game that way IMO.

Quoted from Crile1:

After a little time contemplating my victory over the Emperor, I think the payoff was a little underwhelming. I liked the flippers going dead and watching the end scene. But no victory multiball or laps? Every mini wizard awards you victory multiball if you defeat it. Emperor just kicks you immediately back into character choice. I know there is supposed to be one more polish update...this could use some touch up.

Totally agree. More emphasis on defeating the emporor, better choreography with defeating planet multiballs, and better job at displaying major scoring awards (i.e. final shot in a planet multiball).

Are you sure there’s another polish update coming? When it comes to Dwight code, as good as he is, when he moves onto another project he never looks back.

#6016 5 years ago

I’d like two endings vs the emporor:

1. If you defeat the emporor you get the end scene from ROTJ as Hoochoo mentioned and maybe Ben, Yoda, and Anakin with the celebration music and a multiball switch frenzy of some sort, or a drop target frenzy where you just pound the drops.

2. If you lose to the emporor it’s game over no matter how many balls you have remaining. With taunting laughs from the emporor.

I’d also like to see medals used more in the game. Maybe a possible way to get more than 1 medal per planet and have them be worth much more than they are, 100 mil isn’t much when you have a 5bil + score that deep into the game.

1 week later
#6028 5 years ago

I just love it that you can blow up the Death Star for 0 points and get no rewarding music.

Can someone in the ‘in’ give Dwight a nut punch for me!?! He really needs to give his game some polish - i.e. show the score when you make a finishing shot in the major multiballs, and give it some priority so that the fan fare music plays every time when doing so.

Come to think of it, I don’t even think light saber duel or emporor battle show the final shot totals. I thought this game was Dwight’s most proud game?

<rant over> still love Dwight and love this game but polish it Dwight please!

1 month later
#6185 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any word on final code on this game getting polish? Sounds like wizard modes need work with victory laps etc. I'm looking at getting a premium, but it makes me a bit nervous knowing Dwight seems to never finish games like GB and SW. Any thoughts on current code and what's needed as of now?

He didn’t finish GOT either. Tons of bugs and polish missing in that game.

Ruleswise, game is fantastic and complete.

Code wise, here’s the big ones for me honestly, and I think I posted more earlier in this thread:

+ improved choreography when defeating a planet multiball while hyperspace hurryup, hyperspace multiball, or tie fighter multiball are running.

+ scoring display needs tons of improvements. There are critical shots (i.e. final shot of a planet multiball) that are not displayed. And other key modes that don’t display proper total values (LSD). And modes in general should show a total score for the mode when completed like GOT does.

All in all; I wouldn’t hold your breath on another update anytime soon (if at all). Dwight is working on Munsters and then I suspect it’s back to GB.

#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How about being able to pass on the video and just take some points instead? Would be nice to have this option on every game that has a video mode past, present and future...

Video mode definitely needs some beef for having a dedicated insert on the board. It could be as simple as increasing the speed with each level of video mode. Or for every +25 streak the speed increases eventually getting faster and faster. I’d also like to see every meteor hit drops your multiplier by 1. But every 50 passed increases by 1.

#6212 5 years ago

When you hear the call out for double multipliers just know your next set of drops and/or Jedi rank will light LSD. Plan accordingly.

#6215 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yes, let me just drain out of my Victory MB in case one of the six balls completes another bank of targets. No problem.

Haha true. Just boost that multiplier and keep it alive. 40x in LSD is no joke and should be a happy welcome. Can’t get to Jedi MB without LSD and why not pickup an extra 1.5 bil on the way?

#6226 5 years ago

I have a really hard time hitting the Death Star shot on my Pro. I finally pulled the glass to see if I could make some adjustments. I did the following..
- Pushed the standup to the right of the shot closer to the ramp
- Made a slight tweak to the angle of the gate
- Oiled conservatively with zoom spout (suggested by Vid in other threads for spinners)
My aim just completely sucks at that shot, it's just at a weird angle I've never gotten used to. But, I can say that in the shots I did make, there were fewer of the rattle rejects that I received before. I think the gate was just a little off and hanging up enough that it would reject even a decent shot. Just something to think about or try. This was all in limited testing.
I also made a slight tweak to my spinner, it seemed like the balls were getting hung up there more than they should. I adjusted the angle and also gave that a little lube.

What gate are you referring to on the Death Star shot? The up posts?

#6228 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I assume the switch

The opto switch?

#6229 5 years ago

I have no problems making the Death Star shot. But a friend of mine who has a pro too says he can’t make his Death Star shot to save his life. I told him to play better (haha) but this post has me thinking about it.

On a side note, I can’t seem to get my Hoth shot to stick 100% of the time when it’s supposed to hold the ball. It seems both up posts are supposed to come up and hold the ball in place but sometimes it doesn’t and I get a bounce out reject right back down the Hoth entrance. Anyone else get this?

EDIT: i suspect my pitch is the issue (7.0 deg) so I may play with that because I’ve noticed if I make the shot with the left flipper a fraction of a second earlier so it enters the shot at a slight angle, it holds. If I make the shot a little later and goes directly center, it rejects. And it makes it 100% of the time with the right flipper. Hope that makes sense. I may play with pitch and see what happens.

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, the large switch that looks like a gate at the opening of the Death Star shot
WTF SW do you have?

Oh shit my bad. Haha apparently I am having memory fatigue. I blame the kids. Does that switch even do anything? I swear the code is programmed off the optos...oh maybe it’s used for hyperspace mb. Or fuck, maybe I just need to go back to sleep...dam kids are to blame I tell you! Man I’m getting old

#6254 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

After some close time with Star Wars I think it is really a good game which is a complete 180 of what I thought when it first came out. I will agree with others though that the light saber dual is a bit of a flow killer and I do wish it was optional.
Other quick question is that while in Death Star multiball does tie fighter multi override the Death Star exploding? It seems I've destroyed the Death Star but have been in tie fighter too and that big egg never cracked open. I did blow it up on the final endor battle so I at least know it works.
All in all its a damn fine modern game and highly addictive.

Yea I’ve been a broken record in this thread on the amount of code polish and choreography that the game needs; specifically for finishing planet multiballs. Tie fighter mb, hyperspace mb, and hyperspace hurryup all overwrite the planet multiballs completion sequence. A big downer and hope it gets resolved one day.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I added a shaker motor to Star Wars and holy crap it tries to shake itself apart on default settings!
Do people really run it like this in full blast?

I turned mine off (for the same reason). And will probably move it over to IMDN when I get around to it.

#6275 5 years ago

I’m 7.1 deg pitch. No issue with constant ball eject drains.

3 weeks later
#6323 5 years ago

Most important thing to Learn in SW is what each countdown timer sound means.

#6325 5 years ago

So, new code?[quoted image]

Doubt it. Topper probably finally ready for production.

#6329 5 years ago

I'm doubting to add this machine to my collection...
The problem is... I haven't watched any star wars movies ever...and I'm not a fan at all...
I semi like star trek, I tried once one of the older star wars movies in the year 2000 and I don't know...wasn't convinced. I'm not even sure I completed the movie back then.
I still love the rules of the multipliers on this title and I amble to blow the game up (5B on 3 balls for example).
Should I be ok if I purchase this title or should I end up having regrets.
I'm doubting between GOT, MET (which I owned before) or this one.

For home use, theme should matter. Not necessarily for following along with the game, but to give it some last ability Nostalgia.

Are you a fan of the GOT show? If so, that’s probably the way to go. Keep in mind, color dmd is an absolute must for GOT - biggest color dmd game changer to date IMO. That said, I have a couple coding issues with both SW and GOT, which I doubt you’d find in MET. However, if you already owned MET, why not try something new and fresh.

As for GOT; if you want flow flow flow > go pro. If you want something harder, a bit longer ball times, and a bit more technical > go PREM/LE.

#6330 5 years ago

I'm doubting to add this machine to my collection...
The problem is... I haven't watched any star wars movies ever...and I'm not a fan at all...
I semi like star trek, I tried once one of the older star wars movies in the year 2000 and I don't know...wasn't convinced. I'm not even sure I completed the movie back then.
I still love the rules of the multipliers on this title and I amble to blow the game up (5B on 3 balls for example).
Should I be ok if I purchase this title or should I end up having regrets.
I'm doubting between GOT, MET (which I owned before) or this one.

As for my opinion of SW vs GOT. GOT blows SW away in sound and game display department. And what I mean about display, is ‘game display’. It’s very good at showing you what’s going on in relation to the game (i.e. scoring, multipliers, shot rules, etc...) Sure, SW has a beautiful LCD display but it’s not coded very intuitive and is a bit of a sloppy mess - Like putting makeup on a pig.

As for gameplay and rules. I think SW gets the edge. GOT takes a lot of setup, approx 5-10 minutes of setup. But once it’s all lined up and ready to cash in all that setup, it’s a freakin masterpiece. SW cuts out a lot of that setup time and once you learn the rules, you can cut through progression quite quickly.

Both games have fantastic multiplier rules. GOT is A bit more static in its multipliers (i.e. make combos and build the combo multiplier, hit the ram and build the playfield multiplier, and both those multipliers stack on top of each other and effects just about all the shots). Whereas SW you’re building up one multiplier, and it’s a shot multiplier that is player controlled. What a lot of people don’t understand is you really want to keep the multiplier static in one spot on the playfield (typically left furthest multiplier arrow on Death Star) and then only start really moving it during key moments and when it’s built up to 15x or more. Otherwise, moving it around with the speed of the game isn’t worth the risk. And it’s a blast getting that multiplier up and moving it around to key shots. Risk/reward. (I love playing the Tattoine multiball and trying to toggle the multiplier back and forth from Endor to Hoth for its jackpots). Or leave it be and play out the journey of destroying the Death Star, Jaba the hut, escaping Darth Vader, dueling darth Vader, and eventually defeating the emporor.

You get to play the game as either a journey, a scoring game, or go for both.

In short; GOT wins with sound, display, and actual theme integration. SW wins in art and overall rules. GOT PRO has the best flow, but SW is no slouch and is harder to keep the ball in play as it’s more uncontrollable.

#6337 5 years ago

What! I still own an Avatar LE... one of the best movies ever. I just love that theme.
James Cameron = gold... James Horner soundtrack, etc...
Actually the rules aren't that bad, next up to Iron man. Just needs a little polish.
You better prepare yourself cause 4 Avatar movies are coming our way, starting in december 2020 and 2021
But I agree on the above. SW gives me a rush in making big multiplied shots. Something GOT gives me less. And as much as I like the GOT show, I think the pro artwork is really bad. Like a nineties photoshop thing.
GOT has the multiplier rule also but it resets a lot quicker so a few bricked shots and your multiplier is partially lost.
On star wars for example, is there software in it that you for example set the multiplier on the left loop or right ramp to boost the hyperspace hurryup value a few times before cashing in (of course multiplier changed to death star shot)? Or does the multiplier doesn't apply to that?

To me, GOT has more satisfying multiplied shots as they are displayed prominently and graphically adequate in the display unlike SW. SW, lots of the times, either will not display scoring for a huge final shot (i.e. final shot of one of the major multiballs) or it won’t display your totals for key modes (i.e Boba Fett or LSD). The only time the display makes good use of scoring display is the hyperspace hurry up which so happens be the #1 priority for having a shot multiplied as it can reach the billions.

GOT is fantastic for its multipliers because you can track what’s happening on the display and it makes sense (unlike SW). Like getting a big combo X shot from a regular mode for half a billion points which is abnormal. Or wailing on the RAM for super jackpots.

GOT prem/LE isn’t very good at keeping multipliers alive because the upper pf can eat up the timers and you’re ruined. But the flow on the pro makes it much easier. As for playfield multipliers via RAM shot; it’s one of the biggest adjustments you have to make when you get the pin. It’s known to be stiff as a board and not register direct shots and this makes the game very frustrating. Once you loosen up the mech and it’s working more freely, it’s a matter of true risk/reward coupled with skill. On SW, the multipliers pretty much build itself; that’s when you have to pay attention to the countdown sound effect To keep it alive. GOT pf multiplier is more like acdc bell but much much more generous with the grace periods of refreshing it.

In essence, GOT feels much more satisfying because it compliments the rules so well and gives the player the payoff on the display. SW may feel better if they were more consistent with the scoring display. There are big moments in SW and a few of the main ones gets ruined by code; more specifically anytime you make the final shot of one of the planet multiballs it will not display your score for the shot nor for the multiball. Additionally, the fan fare of making that final shot is often interrupted because either tie fighter multiball is stacked, a hyperspace hurryup is running, or hyperspace multiball is stacked.

All in all GOT has more satisfying moments when it comes to multipliers for the reasons I stated. But remember, as I said in my previous post, setting up the board on GOT is much longer and takes a little more effort than SW which starts pretty fast paced and never really slows down.

The fantastic double edged sword of having completed, but not polished code

#6346 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

I think apart from Hyperspace Hurry-Up, Asteroid Field Video Mode and Escape from Boba Fett Mode totals, all other modes or shots in the game can be interrupted before a shot or total is shown on screen by other choreography that has been given a higher priority on the main display. Like you said, if you have things like TIE Fighter/Victory/Hyperspace MB active or even LSD queued, then things can get very busy on the main display and very often the total points per mode and final shot are recorded but not shown.
Disclaimer: Just so there is no confusion for maybe those that are reading but are unfamiliar with the game, there is nothing wrong with the main score display in the game, everything gets recorded accurately. This is about temporally showing the player what total score the player earned during some modes and how some modes like TF MB when stacked can interrupt the display of that score.
Here's a pic showing that all the mode totals can in normal circumstances be shown in game:
[quoted image]
(I couldn't get a decent pic of video mode from that angle)
This is what I've concluded:
Hyperspace Hurry-Up: Total is displayed.
Lightsaber Duel: Total is usually displayed. I've recorded a few of my games and sometimes it doesn't appear.
Asteroid Field Video Mode: Total and breakdown of points are displayed.
Escape from Boba Fett: All shots and total are displayed.
Planet mini-wizard modes: All shots but the last are shown and a total for that mode is displayed but very often can get hidden/interrupted when stacked with things like TF MB.
Regular missions: Total is usually displayed, unless LSD is queued, then the LSD graphics take priority upon mission completion. TF MB can also hide the score being shown.
TIE Fighter MB: Total is usually displayed; I think LSD queued can interrupt it.
Hyperspace MB: Total is usually displayed; I think LSD queued can interrupt it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, when you make the final shot destroying the Death Star, escaping Hoth, or blowing up Jaba’s palace; the score for that shot is not displayed and the fanfare SW theme music (and sometimes Lando’s Call out) is easily interrupted by tie fighter mb, hyperspace mb, or hyperspace hurryup. Those are 2 big climax points of the games, both in scoring and with the fanfare choreography that often gets dismissed or interrupted. It really takes the rush and achievement away.

Also, scoring shots when displayed are in small red fonts, not easy to see. Whereas GOT shows all shot scoring so prominently, And that is a dmd with much less real estate.

Perhaps I am nitpicking, but those 2 priorities for clearing planet multiballs, I find to be code polishing issues. Dwight said this has been his most proudly coded game, so hopefully there’s a chance he comes back to polish it.

#6361 5 years ago

I don’t see anything wrong with putting a game at 5 ball. Just like you have the option to put the outlanes in the tight position or open them up; or change ball saver times, etc... settings are put in place for that reason, pinball has a wide variety of different types of players. They are intended to be setup for the way you like.

Now that all said, I have my SW to only allow 1 extra ball max, Victory mb ball saver at 5 secs, tie fighter mb saver at 10 secs. Go try those settings and let me know how you’all Do yea, I’m a glutton for punishment - hell at one time I had extra balls turned off, that was just too brutal! I’m just trying to figure out now if I want my 1 extra ball to be from modes or from 100 tie fighters. I have it on modes now; but when you can master most the modes, that eb is a little easy - I may move it to 100 tie fighters.

In the almighty scheme of things; I believe there needs to be a balance between moderation, fun, challenging, and satisfaction when it comes to pinball.

#6362 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So I might join the club and get a premium, but a couple questions. For people that have had this for a while, is it a keeper because f gameplay or theme and is there a difference from buying one made early compared to recent? We’re there any changes or fixes? Thanks Mike

SW has an unorthodox ruleset, so keep that in mind in that it’s not for everybody and it can be hard to learn. The simplist way to start learning is to look at the mode inserts when selecting missions and do not stack any of them. Stacking missions is for when you know what you’re doing; otherwise you’ll just get lost.

That said, SW is one of those game’s that when you’re playing it you can’t stop playing, very addicting. However, when you’re not playing it and not at home and start peeling back the layers and really think about it; it feels like there’s Not a lot there, and some of it could have been done better. And you start thinking, mmmmm maybe I should trade it. Then, you get home and you might have a foul taste in your mouth and ignore it, so you play your other pins; then for giggles you decide to play one game of SW at 9pm before bed and then 20 games later it’s 11 o’clock and you remember how cool this game is.

A good example of this is my IMDN vs SW. when I sit here typing this and think about these two games, IMDN checks all the boxes - art, gameplay, rules, code polish, fanfare, call outs, the overall package is just there. SW doesn’t check all these boxes; it’s magic is hidden beneath the surface in the fun/Adrenalin dept and not so much in the pinside rating aesthetics dept. Sorry for the long post, hard to describe, but hopefully that makes sense.

#6411 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, I love my Star Wars game, its actually pretty fun. This am I finally destroyed the second death star. The only thing I dont like is the shaker motor feels too strong to me. On my Tron I had Gameroomguys adjust the weights and that helped.. I couldnt get the weights off myself. Is there an easier solution to taming down the shaker motor? I want to do same on my walking dead.. its like shaking that thing to bits.

I have the same issue with my shaker on SW. I turned it off it was so bad. I’m wrapped up with work and family so have been really procrastinating in troubleshooting it. But I plan to move the shaker into my IMDN and see if it’s still too strong or not. I’ll report back if and when I get to it - #lazypinballcollector

#6412 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m pretty sure it’s the intensity.
I found mine ridiculously violent at default settings and backed it down to medium. It’s still fairly excessive.

I tried low setting and it was better but, I think it just effects how often the shaker gets triggered, not the strength of it. I mainly get the strong intensified shaker effect during the video mode more than anything, even at low. Maybe some anti rattle tape will help on the glass and backbox?

#6417 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Correct. the settings for shakers on Sterns are for how often the game calls the shaker. it has nothing to do with the shaking effect. If its violent on max its violent on low. Is this an aftermarket shaker or a Stern shaker? Too bad the PWM controllers can't be used with spike that would be perfect.

Mine was Pinball life which I get all my shakers from. I’ve never had an issue with theirs. They do now offer Stern factory approved shakers which I got for my acdc which actually is a little on the violent side too to be honest. I think the problem is the pro’s are so lightweight built nowadays, they just can’t handle the shake to be honest.

My 1st IMDN PRO I had a Pinball life shaker and no issues, I really need to swap my SW one into my new IMDN and confirm. I wonder if the service rails play a factor in this as the added weight keeps the pf more secure? <thinking out loud>

#6428 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

I have this issue on my machine and no amount of levelling, re-levelling will fix it.
This is just poor design/testing or variations in production.

I have mine at 7deg pitch, and have the exit ball guide on the Hoth side an ever so slightly bend outward. Shot has been fantastic since, still fast as balls which can cause a drain very rarely if I don’t react to it.

#6432 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Do you ever find that with the pitch being higher, it's harder/allot more challenging to get the ball up the Death Star forks?
I've lowered my machine and it goes up the forks allot easier.

I have a pro so it’s a non issue. That said, there’s an adjustment nut under or around the Death Star for prem/LE that can be made to make the shot smoother.

#6436 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The center button also launches an extra ball when flashing orange during multi-ball modes by holding it for one second. This will also turn off your multipliers, so hit it again to re-enable them.

Here’s something else cool about SW that not many people know (even dead flip)...you can stack add a balls - up to two. Do you can do ROTJ for example, get its add a ball, not use it, then when you play the next planet multiball and collect another add a ball, you’ll have 2 add a balls.

Quoted from Riffbear:

yeah not sure which nut that is...

Can’t really help you as I don’t have a prem. But, I think there’s only one but to be found and adjusted and it’s right below the Death Star (or so I’ve learned from reading other posts about it).

1 week later
#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Just a question : gotg or sw ? Which do you prefer ?

Guardians is pretty much a linear ladder style ruleset. Star Wars has a lot more twists and turns and diversities.

#6516 5 years ago

Was playing some SW last night. This is such a great pin, we all know that. Adrenalin, brutality, breadth of code, strategy, it has it all. I do think the factory settings are a little too easy, however - i.e too much multiball, and too many extra balls. That said, if anyone feels the same, here’s my current settings for the game - i love the balance of brutality, fun, Adrenalin, and risk/reward:

1. Factory outlanes
2. Max EB’s: 1
3. EB from missions: Turned off
4. EB from tie fighters: 100
5. Hyperspace multiball: Extra Hard
6. Victory multiball ball saver: 5 secs
7. Video mode: 15 secs
8. Mission stacking: Default on (off with planet multiballs)

That said, in hope’s that Dwight is reading this (or someone at stern) here’s a great idea for the video mode:
+ The higher your multiplier is, the faster the video mode becomes. So a 40x video mode would be amaze balls intense. It would definitely help with the balance of 1bil video modes.

Or another idea
+ The longer you hold down the left or right buttons, your multiplier will slowly increase - like its being energized. So you can take a 2x video mode and make it 10x in like 5 secs or so. Then the draw back would be anytime you’re hit by an asteroid, your multiplier decreases.

Final last random thought:
My favorite character to play is Luke; what’s all yours favorite?

#6534 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Han is probably my favorite because he's very versatile but for me Luke has some of the coolest missions in the game: Tatooine 3 (Rancor) , Hoth 2 (Duel with Vader), Death Star 3 (Destroy TIE Fighters and that epic music) and Endor 2 (Confront Vader one last time). That's why when I play Luke I prefer not to stack missions, it's so must more immersive. Though in theory playing Luke (or maybe even Leia) without stacking missions is the hardest way to play the game if your goal is to defeat the Emperor but when you do, it's oh so much more satisfying.

Yea Luke has cool missions, and he gets more balls during the multiballs. Han is tough cause all the planet multiballs are 2-balls. So tough to get the add a ball lit before ball saver is over then get control. Progressing through the planets is easier with Han, however achieving Jedi is probably the hardest for him. Such cool diversities and thought into these rules.

#6555 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It's the Stern shaker. They pinball life one is less violent.

I have the Pinball life one and it is violent during video mode and end of game sequences; otherwise it would be just fine. I turned mine off because of it and plan to (been lazy) to put it in my IMDN and see if there’s a difference.

#6567 5 years ago

Regarding LSD and Video mode. Here’s a few suggestions to reduce frequency of playing:

1. Reduce video mode timer to minimum time - 15 secs

2. Increase hyperspace multiball difficulty to extra hard. This game is fillled with multiballs; it’s typically in these multiballs that LSD can be accidentally qualified. Hyperspace mb is a fairly easy multiball to get going; having it on extra hard makes it so you have to do 3 hurryup tonstart the multiball. This both cuts down on the endless multiball syndrome this game can suffer from at times; it also makes hyperspace multiball that more strategic and appreciative to play; and most importantly you’ll typically get it further from the ‘start button’ <Dwight Pun> so that you’re not qualifying LSD so early on. This will also help with getting so many Video modes

3. You can also increase tie fighter mini game to extra hard, but honestly I haven’t noticed a difference but keep it here in case there is?

4. Video mode, it’s started at Hoth shot. If I play as Han I definitely seem to get it more often, but avoid the Hoth shot. You should only be going for it if you have it multiplied anyway, you can easily play around it by starting modes on Endor shot, and video mode isn’t lit during modes.

5. Lastly, play better. LSD can be very lucrative. It’s typically qualified from playing a multiball if that’s the case, prep for it, make sure to keep your multiplier refreshed so your at 20x or higher for LSD which can bring in 1-2 billion points. LSD is 6 shots, learn the pattern and hammer it out in 20 seconds.

5a. Also, if you’re trying to qualify all your planet multiballs before playing them, you’ll typically get blocked by a ball 3 LSD. This is called risk/reward. Strategize better.

That’s about all I got. I dig and appreciate LSD now cause it serves 2 purposes; 1. Points and 2. Progression to the emporor.

#6569 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And I don't care about either of those

Well, the mode itself is actually pretty cool... so there is that too

#6583 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

This weekend I will be donating my SW's Premium to school district that I work for. The first event will be a karaoke party for the high school. All the HS kids will have the opportunity to play SW"S while the karaoke party is going on. For the second event, I will be having a district wide pinball tournament for all teachers &amp; staff. During the third event, SW's will be available in the auditorium lobby during our spring musical. Our spring musical is a big deal in our community &amp; our school will be packed to capacity all next weekend long.
Tough I have everything planned &amp; situated, my main concern is a newbie approaching this machine &amp; not having a clue what's going on. As we all know SW's is very deep, as the rules can &amp; will confuse even the most seasoned players.
What I need from you is a way to describe the process of the basic rules of the game. For example...
1. Coin Up
2. Press Start
3. Select Character
4. Select Mission
5. Hit Flashing Shots???
6. Use the Fire Button To...
With consideration to all the SW's efficianos on this topic post, what are your suggestions? I will be displaying this guideline alongside the machine.

I’d recommend turning stacking OFF. It’s very intimidating even for pinheads as you really need to understand the rules if you’re going to stack 2 missions. Also, with stacking on it takes away from the theme immersion and integration. Much easier for noobs to just pick their favorite scene so to speak. Good Luck!

#6584 5 years ago

Random thoughts and discussion:

So I get to play a SW Prem on location (and own the pro). The premium has so many more ‘cheap drains’; i.e. No extra post at the bottom of the drops, the return from the fork ramp in selecting a mission is horrid (it’s too bad it couldn’t be programmed to whip the ball around the hyperloop for a safer feed), the outlanes feel much more drainier. But man that hyperloop is awesome. My best on this location premium is 4.5 bil but that’s after about $20 in plays. Destroying the Death Star is much much more rewarding than the pro, but I don’t think I could deal with all the cheap drains - it’s one reason I prefer TWD PRO over its premium as well.

That said, I noticed hyperspace multiball rules seem to be slightly different than the pro. I had one ball in the hyperloop and while trying to get the 2nd in there, my ball saver timed out, a few seconds after that I got the 2nd ball in, my call saver didn’t start up again and kick in a 3rd ball (which it does on the pro), instead it whipped the 2 balls around the hyperloop about 3-4 times while I sat there doing nothing then released them. Even from other times I’ve played hyperspace mb on the prem, It seems hyperspace multiball is more forgiving with more grace periods and ball savers on the pro - is this true?

All in all the hyperloop is bad ass. If it wasn’t for all the cheap drains I’d consider upgrading, but luckily for me here in California, pro models are the rare versions as operators typically tend to get prem/LEs models.

#6588 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The premium is definitely a bit more challenging and I think that is what keeps me pushing the start button. Hyperloop is just so satisfying when you see and hear it in action, especially when you can get more than one ball going. The fork ramp is a very hard shot at first, but I think it makes for a great challenge. I do wish they could add a option for a ball save once you start a mode(through the fork ramp to start Death Star missions)and when the ball is released it can go straight down the middle and give you a cheap drain for making a good shot, a bit frustrating. The Death Star is also pretty cool when you crack it and go to victory multiball.

I gotta get over there and blow it up before you trade it away

#6619 5 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I'm not getting the multiplier when I make a shot. The X is green I make the shot and get nothing not even video mode and the green X is there when I make it. I don't follow how you are actually getting it. Can someone explain how it works please.

Did you start the video mode from the Hoth shot or a different shot? It can be started from a different mode shot (i.e. Endor ramp) as the video mode is one of the mode selections, and if that Endor ramp doesnt have the multiplier on it, it won’t be multiplied.

Now if you hit the Hoth shot while the video mode insert was lit, and your multiplied arrow shot was active (green) then it should be at least 2x (or whatever your current multiplier is at).

Multiplier works like this:
+ 3 shots are lit green which Will multiply the shot value. The multipliers can be turned off (red) with action button and moved with flipper buttons, then press action button again to lock them in (green).
+ The multiplier starts at 2x; hitting the mini LCD 3-bank targets will increase it by 1 to a maximum of 20x.
+ a count down thud sound indicates when your multiplier is about to reset back to 2x. Hitting the 3-bank resets the timer. There is a generous grace period if the timer ends and multipliers reset so you can get your multiplier back if you hit the 3-bank in time.
+ As the multiplier increases, the # of multiplied shots will diminish from 3 to 2 and eventually to 1.
+ The furthest left multiplier is the master multiplier so to speak so as your multiplier increases, you will lose the furthest right multiplier first, then the next multiplier, leaving you with one multiplier which was the original furthest left one.
+ there are two ways to double the multiplier. First, random mystery award. Second is spelling FORCE on the drop targets. Each time you clear the FORCE bank targets you will be awarded a letter, F-O-R-C-E.
F = lights mystery
O = lights escape
R = lights video mode
C = double multipliers
E = lights light saber duel.

#6620 5 years ago

A good beginner rule of thumb is to just keep your multipliers locked on Death Star, Endor, Hoth and only moving it (if necessary) when video mode is lit.

#6638 5 years ago

I just gave an ever so lightly slight bend to the exit of the ball guide at Hoth. And, increasing the pitch (roughly 7.1 deg) helped too.

#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I have my sw premium since 2 weeks... factory settings, 3 balls :
Death star destroyed, emperor dead and 19 billions... ok... damned... already finished...[quoted image]

Impressive especially for a premium. How many plays in that 2 weeks? I think the Game is a little too easy on factory. Try setting extra balls max to 1, extra balls from missions off, tie fighter extra ball at 100, hyperspace and tie fighter on extra hard, victory multiball ball saver at 5 secs.

1 week later
#6716 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anyone ever routinely choose Luke. I have started using him lately for something different to do. Fun to try to develop a new strategy. I'm pretty much an R2D2/Han guy. Can't play Leah because my daughter doesn't want me to remove her "Leah Champion".

Luke is my go to. I love him for 2 reasons; available missions and LSD scoring.

First, missions. I start with Tatooine lit and quickly light Endor and Hoth. I then do Tatooine 2 solo, 2 shots > right ramp then Death Star which also cashes in hyperspace.

Then, if I’m still on ball 1 I may try to light Death Star. Otherwise, my next mission is stacked with Tatooine 3 and Endor 2. Both these missions are focused on ramps with Tatooine 3 cashing n on the 3-bank. This stack does a multitude of things. 1. Left/right ramp combos to progress Endor 2 and prepare my hyperspace 2 hurry up. 2. I build up my multipliers with Tatooine 3 mission. And lastly, this will get my Tatooine multiball ready.

Next, if I’m not on ball 3 and I have a hyperspace or tie fighter multiball ready, I’ll stack Hoth 2 (I think it’s hoth 2 the one vs Vader) and Endor 1. Then I start multiball. When I come out of this multiball and missions I’ll be at 20x (or 40x) with 3 planet multiballs ready.

I’ll do Endor mb first, load the add a ball but bank it (i.e. don’t use it at all and save it for my Hoth multiball). Then 4 shots to destroy the Death Star.

Next I’ll do Hoth multiball with 2 add a balls. Then Tatooine multiball.

Somewhere in there I would have started LSD; and typically it’s after a multiball with a 40x running and that’s where you can get some serious Luke points if you can play LSD and the multiplier.

Typically, I will somehow get Death Star missions lit before completing Hoth missions and try to get those done before Hoth and save Hoth for the final planet multiball as I can use that shot safely to start Death Star missions/multiball.

#6738 5 years ago

Opened the outlanes and gave the pf a good wipedown. That may have been a mistake haha...

EA95AAF0-E07C-4C5B-85E5-590B6D8FC0DE (resized).jpegEA95AAF0-E07C-4C5B-85E5-590B6D8FC0DE (resized).jpeg

Half a dozen games later and I was able to get into an Adrenalin groove and got a few 5 bil games. 1 EB allowed per game via 100 tie fighters, open outlanes, extra hard hyperspace mb...lookout! Your ball hairs gonna stand up like no other. Such a fun, Adrenalin filled game.

I played as all 4 characters tonight but really had a good time with Leia and Han. Han is really good for the complainers out there who despise LSD as a cock block mode; Han really can let you get to 2-3 planet multiballs before playing it. That is, in Boba Fett doesn’t cock block you haha.

#6757 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Anyone else think Han's "I think were in trouble" call out is too loud / distorted?

Agreed! There’s a few more sound quality issues with some of the movie call outs too. But this one with Han is very apparent. Code polish code polish code polish. Can Dwight do it?

#6767 5 years ago
Quoted from stenbough:

Help! My new pinball machine is acting funny and I haven't got a clue what it could be. The right slingshot will occasionally activate multiple times when being hit (and sometimes spontaneously even when it's not hit). There is also a buzzing/whirring sound in the cabinet that wasn't there before. I have 2 videos that show these problems off. Hopefully someone will know what's going on so I can get back to saving the galaxy.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhZsGGlO93dMzl2NVYGciHouJYna
I'm hoping it's not a big repair and something simple but this is my first machine so I don't have a clue.
EDIT: The buzzing sound MAY be coming from the right slingshot or maybe even the auto plunger. It's hard to tell.

This tool is gold when it comes to adjusting leaf switches like the ones used on slingers:

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

As for the buzzing. I don’t have a PREM/LE but i remember reading issues with the escape mech - something about it being too tight or not set right? Memory is fuzzy but try searching escape in this thread maybe?

#6768 5 years ago

Check out this post regarding escape mech. Talks about a gear binding and how to loosen and retighten:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/97#post-4432011

#6785 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Finally joined the Star Wars club two days ago!!! All I have left to do is add the PinWorlds missing world mods to this Premium edition beauty.
This is another grail pinball for me (along with Metallica as you see in the photo). Sorry, photo taken with iphone 6 plus, night time, and with glass on.
Is there a chance in the future Dwight might plug another code drop? I am trying to read through the ruleset now.... is there an ultimate Wizard Mode after completing all characters??? Perhaps that would be a nice to have for a sense of accomplishment.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Two great pins. As for code; it could definitely use some polish, but given Dwights track record (GB & GOT), I wouldn’t count on another update. At least nothing anytime soon.

1 week later
#6829 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Ok, this makes sense now. I bought it used and this is on. I noticed it a couple of times when selecting a mission that it shows 2 split in half sometimes. Thanks for the guidance.

Here’s a simple tip. When selecting a mission, don’t look at the display; but rather, look at the insert matrix. It makes more sense and helps progress towards your goals.

Mission stacking on = fun and furious.
Mission stacking off = more theme integrated & story driven.

#6834 5 years ago

One thing about add a ball that not too many people know is that if you don’t use your add a ball, you can save it for the next multiball. You can essentially have 2 add a balls max stored up for any multiball. This is great strategy if you defeat a planet multiball without using your add a ball, hang onto it for the next planet multiball. I typically do this if I can destroy the Death Star quickly in Endor multiball.

Another useful strategy is saving the add a ball, then when multiball is over and you start 2 difficult missions like Endor III and Tatooine I, you can start tie fighter or hyperspace multiball and have an add a ball ready to get through those missions.

Lastly, if you get an add a ball lit (orange button on lock bar) and start tie fighter assault (button mash mode), your lock bar button will turn red. Even though you’re in tie fighter assault you can still hold it down for add a ball. Don’t accidentally add a ball

#6866 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

This game is one of the most fun and frustrating games i have played. Im not sure if my slope is to big, but it bothers me that i cant backhand up the hyperloop, i can never seem to hit the orbits or the right ramp. The timed modes like hit 3 inner loops and then the orbits always gets me, but i cant stop playing it!!!

I usually backhand the left orbit with left flipper - pretty easy to do. Now that right orbit...

#6870 5 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I'm having difficulty with entering the death star. Way too often; The ball is rejected back down the ramp as-if it hit something. Looking for information on what adjustments may be needed.

There’s a nut that holds down the wire form just below the Death Star i believe. You can loosen it and adjust them wire form and retighten.

#6887 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Back in the club (so to speak) after my Premium was out of action while I transformed it into an Imperial Stormtrooper edition:
BEFORE
[quoted image]
AFTER
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That does look sweet! Makes think it’s the stormtrooper version (rather than a Hoth version). I like it.

#6893 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

After 6 months I should have every shot wired, but I don’t. Orbits and right ramp still not automatic, and the Death Star shot, while much easier than the others, is still harder for me than the left ramp and right loop (Hoth).
Is it the geometry if the game? Is it my set up? Or do I just need to play better?

I’ll have to check my pitch again, but I think I’m roughly around 7.2deg. Hardest shot in the game for me is the far right loop. The right ramp is fairly easy if back handed and tough when shooting on the fly with the left flipper but I have gotten really good at especially since I’ve been doing Endor II early on lately. And even stacking it with Tatooine III.

The far left loop is probably the 2nd hardest shot for me. For some reason I can hit it on the fly with the right flipper during Boba Fett, but any other time it’s a backhand with left flipper.

Death Star shot is the most critical shot in the game and should be hard, but not frustratingly hard like the two outside loops. Death Star shot is hit or miss for me but it’s not bad at all and usually it’s the speed of the game and software driving me to make that shot in a hurry that makes me choke. So for that shot, I say play better

Endor ramp and Hoth are by far the easiest and that’s when strategy comes into play. Do you use those shots to start your DS and Tatooine missions and hold off starting Endor or Hoth multiballs? Or do you play the multiballs knowing that starting missions will become harder.

1 week later
#6918 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Man this game is fun. This is one of the better stern machines I've played. Theme integration is great and that hyper loop is awesome.

It’s underrated for sure. One of my favorite fun-intense games to own/play. I get the luxury of playing my pro at home or an LE on location close to my work love both versions for different reasons.

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes this is my favorite pin right now, its so fast paced. It makes me sweat. Ive played that destroy the death store mode 100 times, and only have destroyed it once! I dont know what Im doing wrong. I can get to it, but then I loose two balls and that whole thing is over! Definitely one of the most intense games out there right now.

Not sure if you do this, but it helps:
Try banking an add a ball. So basically do one of the other planet mb’s First, qualify the add a ball, and don’t use the add a ball. Then, during destroy the Death Star mb; qualify it’s add a ball and you’ll have 2 add a balls.

It also helps doing this as Luke as it’ll be a 4 ball mb rather than a 2 with Han or R2. And I think Leia is a 3-ball for that mode.

#6922 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I honestly don't think the theme integration is the best for a star wars pin but the gameplay is fantastic!

I agree about integration. Turning mode stacking off does help bring some of the integration to life though.

#6970 4 years ago

Yea Jerry nailed the sound package for music and sound effects.

1 week later
#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Money aside, which is the best version of this game? I've always assumed Premium because I wanted the warp ramp. I'm also typically a "get the full game" kinda person. But how much is it used? I haven't played the game a ton (although enough to know I want one), and I'm not even sure how to start the warp ramp multiball.
The downside of the warp ramp is the interruption in the u-turn. I played a Pro recently and forgot how much the ball can whip around that loop without the warp ramp blocking it. Is there not hardware / software to support quickly raising or lowering the ramp so as to not impede the loop shot from the back side?
So, I like the warp ramp concept, as well as metal ramps and wireform versus plastic ramps. But I don't love the clunkiness of the u-turn with Premium / LE.
If we're not trying to cost-justify one model from another, and only looking at the best / most fun game experience, what's the right model?

Honestly, it’s a hard choice. I have a pro and play an LE on location. The hyper loop feels dam good to hit, especially on a destroy the Death Star shot. However, the takeaway is the horseshoe loop can at times be obstructed; and the Prem/LE is more prone to cheap drains on an already cheap drain layout. So pick your poison; a more satisfying shot to destroy the Death Star (LE) or a fairly better overall playing experience (Pro)?

One other thing; hyperspace multiball seems to be slightly different rules between the versions. It’s much harder on the LE (more satisfying in that regard? Perhaps). The pro seems to have longer grace periods to continue adding balls into play and since they stay in play it’s easier to continue to add more. Someone correct me if I’m wrong here but here’s the rules as i understand:

LE -
Feed hyperloop; add one ball into play > short time period to get that ball in the hyperloop > if you do, add another ball into play and try to get that in the hyperloop > if you don’t make it in the hyperloop in the grace period, then any and all balls in hyperloop come out and you play out the normal multiball.

Pro -
Lock a ball in the Death Star shot; add one ball into play > a bit longer period of time to hit that ball > if you do, it releases the ball and adds another ball into play; so rather than playing with 1 ball (LE) and 2 in hyperloop, you now have 3 balls in play and can try to get any one of them back into the Death Star. If you do > you’ll have another grace period to knock it out and add a 4th ball into play.

So all in all the pro has more chaotic multiball as you have more in play; and it seems to offer a much more generous grace timer to hit locked balls. While the LE hyperspace mb is more intense with the rush of a ball looping and trying to feed in another. Quite polar opposites and both instances feel frantic and good.

The takeaway; with the way the ruleset is laid out - playing the multiball alone is not wise and not too fun. It’s always best to stack it with missions or a planet mb. Playing the multiball solo is more fun on the LE because it is more intense, but in the end it’s pointless playing the mb solo as it doesn’t help progress towards end goals.

#7059 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Music and Speech Attenuation are only good options if everything in the mix is already balanced.
In the case of Star Wars, some music tracks are thicker than others and make it harder for the call-outs to Pop out. Also, many of those call-outs are at different volumes.
Even more complicated is that the Speech and Sound Effects are tied together on Speech Attenuation. So if you boost that ... you will get drowned out in mega loud sound effects.
The only way to achieve sound glory ... is to change the volume of each individual call-out. A long and tedious process that requires a ton of trial and error unless you have a good feel for it. And there is a ton of material to navigate through in SW.

I fully agree; sound quality needs some improvement. I was able to find a happy medium for now by slightly changing the attenuation levels very minimal and also adjusting the volume treble/bass controls. I have a pair of flipper fidelity bb speakers that I got to go with my DP 10” fidelity woofer, but I’m contemplating putting them in my SW to see if there’s any improvement.

#7064 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok guys, Star Wars pin is awesome, we all agree on that. But Im going to have a freaking heart attack. Ive owned it since it came out and have only blown up the second death star once! The first death star, I can get started, but there are like so many freaking shots to make and one lost ball, its all over! how many total shots are there to complete first death star? I think I got as far as "almost there..".. and that was it!

1. When you’re picking your missions, are you looking at the display, or the pf insert matrix? Look at the pf, it makes a huge difference in getting to the Final battles.

2. Add-a-ball: do you know how to get the add a ball and know how to use it? Hold orange lock down button down to use. If you’re in tie fighter assault by chance and the button is red, you can still hold it down for add a ball, granted you have one.

3. Bank an add a ball. You can save an add a ball from a previous multiball and save it for another multiball. In theory, you can have 2 add a balls for one multiball. (2 is the max add a balls you can save). So do easier multiball like Endor and save it’s add a ball to be used on destroy the Death Star. Then you can revive its multiball at least 2 times.

4. With 2 add a balls saved for destroy the Death Star; you can also stack tie fighter mb or hyperspace mb giving you another ball saver.

5. To destroy the Death Star; I believe its sequential to the movies where there’s 3 total bombing runs; Luke being the 3rd. Each bombing run is to shoot each ramp, then Death Star 3. So for 3 bombing runs, That’s 9 total shots. I could be wrong and it may be hurry up based too, so if you miss a Death Star shot you might have to shoot the ramps again to light the Death Star.

#7069 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

I am so excited after owning the premium (my 1st pinball machine) for two months, I finally blew up the Death Star via Endor this morning. I am walking around on a high. That being said, I also learned a valuable lesson. When I completed Endor I had already completed Hoth and Tatooine (playing as Han). What I found out is that once those 3 are completed it appears that the only way to start a Death Star mission is to hit the Death Star shot. That seems to be a lot of times hitting it just to get to attempt to destroy the Death Star. Do most of you that have gotten to the Emperor complete the Death Star missions 1st? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Congrats! Such a great rush.

Sounds like you just opened a level of strategy this game offers with Han. He can get to Endor, Hoth, Tatooine multiballs very quickly and quite easily. The downfall is he is the hardest to light Death Star missions. He is also hard to get to Jedi Master.

My typical strategy with Han is trying to light Death Star off the bat with 3 shots to Death Star; if i can do that, the rest is easy as i use Endor or Hoth to start the DS missions. But like you said, if you do the Hoth, Endor, & Tatooine planet mb’s, then you have no choice but to hit Death Star for starting missions. This is a strategy for all characters in fact in using Endor or Hoth shots to start missions for DS and Tatooine even.

#7117 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

At a crossroads so I am close to purchasing a Star Wars pro but there are a few things getting in the way. I am a Star Wars fan and a Kiss fan Kiss is my other pin so theme is important if I am going to own a pin it does need to play well. Here is what I struggle with. Star Wars has a bit of a bad rap. I have only played it with early code. Everyone I know has sold theirs. So when I consider that it’s hard to just pull the trigger. I have room for at most three pins Kiss is going no where. I want a space for an older solid state so that leaves one open space for Star Wars or something else. I have played most modern Sterns and keep coming back to Star Wars even with what I look at as a few negatives. So opinions what is it that pushes Star Wars into the own category?

Star Wars is definitely a mixed bag here on Pinside. I believe this comes down to a few things:

1. Sparse play field. People still cant accept the fact that this was designed by Steve Ritchie and the intent of this design was to make it his fastest pin ever, and he achieved that. The game can be overly brutal and the vocal minority speak up any chance they get to hammer this game because of it. But, IMO that’s what makes it a great HUO game.

2. Unorthodox ruleset. The rules are not intuitive, plain and simple. And while it’s cool to look at, The display is not used very well from a players perspective. A lot of people don’t give this game the necessary time of day because of what i said above in item 1, the brutality of the pin. So a lot of people just don’t want to learn the game on their dime. Once i understood all the missions, the game took off in a big way, and i love the ruleset on this beast.

3. This is probably the biggie; Mission Stacking is defaulted ON. With mission stacking on, people are even more confused as to what’s going on; and not only that, the theme integration is horrible with stacking on. However, now that i understand and ‘get’ the game and the objectives, it makes all the sense in the world to have stacking on from a players perspective.

That all said; i turned stacking off tonight on my SW which i do from time to time and i absolutely love it! With stacking off, the theme immersion really comes to life and i feel like I’m apart of the Star Wars universe battling Vader, the empower, stormtroopers, Boba Fett, etc...

All in all. SW isn’t a ‘total package’ game like IMDN, BM66, or DP. But man, what it offers is a blast, and a great addition to my lineup. Despite the love/hate relationship i have with SW - i’d Put it in my top 5 sterns.

#7144 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Is there any difference between turning stacking off and just choosing not to selct stacked modes in the mission screen?

Not really. It’s more of a feeling and about being more immersed into the theme.

#7200 4 years ago

SW Pro has more flexibility on pitch too it seems. Sterns typically play great at 6.8. I found a happy medium at 7.0 for SW.

Quoted from Happy81724:

How much better is the premium vs pro? We have the pro and it’s
way too hard. Never played the premium. N I love the theme but the
family hates the gameplay of the pro. I have it as flat as it can
go and tried to adjust for cheap drains but we can’t get any good
balls. They want me to sell it so I posted it but if there is a way
to get the pro to be friendly i would like to try. It’s an awesome
looking pin and seems like from these posts people really enjoy
it

The premium has more cheap drains so that’s probably not a good substitute. I’d say increase the pitch as @jediturtle suggested. The other thing is knowledge of rules and missions. Once you start learning what shots and combos are needed for each mission, the game really starts to open up. Also, turn mission stacking off - the game is a hot mess when you have 2 missions running and no idea what to do in either of them. Lastly, When you’re picking missions, be sure to look at the insert matrix on the playfield, not the display. This makes it easier to remember and progress.

#7207 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks Jedi and eskay . I will try the pitch. I did read the rules and watch the tutorials but we don’t play a game long enough to do much

Also try pulling the outlane posts to minimum position. That’ll help a lot especially for this game. SW can be a brutally tough game but when you get into a groove, it’s amazing.

#7234 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The difference between 5.5 degrees pitch and 6.5 degrees is huge.

That’s what she said! oh wait, you said degrees....

#7251 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

major bugs, we need a new code update.
i updated mine from an older code to the latest code a week ago. i had never seen this bug in the older coe.
i have experience 2-3 times where i have closed out 1, 2, or 3 planets and there is nothing lit or available to advance to the next planet(s) or missions. really weird, all i could do was drain out the ball as i couldn't advance them. anyone else experience this? code is 1.05.

What character were you playing as? Go to the instant info screen and see what it says is remaining. I think I’ve seen something similar to this once; I was playing R2D2 and tilted in a specific mission, when next ball started I couldn’t do anything.

#7259 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

yes, i am aware of that. I am saying that those shots are not available to shoot to qualify and start planet missions. there is nothing to shoot, you can't light the planets to even start the missions.

Yea. It’s probably the R2D2 bug. I think it was mentioned in this thread before or on tilt forums. No one knows how it’s triggered because it’s so rare. I think it’s one of the Hoth missions (perhaps stacked with another?), playing as R2D2, and then tilting or tilt warning during a drain.

That’s about all I got in my memory tank lol.

#7273 4 years ago

Sorry to ask, maybe mentioned before, but is there an award for beating all four characters?

Basically, it’s a self induced reward which involves quietly, and calmly, powering down your game, unplugging it, wheeling it out to the front lawn, place a for sale sign on it; and might as well as wheel all your pins to the front lawn in fact. Then, go online and custom order an ‘I win at Pinball’ T-shirt, as there’s really no need to play ever again.

#7297 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

I'm curious to hear players opinions on R2-D2's unique mission in Hoth 3.
The way the mission currently works is that you have 3 blue shots (LO, RL and the RR) and when shooting one of them you are awarded 7.5 million base points and then it starts a 15 seconds hurry-up on the LL that can be timed-out. If you timeout that shot, the mission restarts.
Now here's the interesting part. The 3 shots that activate the LL hurry-up can be multiplied (I originally thought they could not). So 40 x 7.5mil = 300 million points. If you timeout the LL shot, the original 3 activation shots re-light, and again they can be multiplied! So this mission can technically go on for as long as you want.
Here's the setup:
Enter mission with 40x. (or the highest multiplier possible at the time)
Step 1: Shoot the easiest shot of your choice RL or RR and make sure it's multiplied. (I like the RR)
Step 2: Control the ball then shoot the 3-Bank to refresh your multipliers about midway into the LL hurry-up.
Step 3: Control the ball and by this time the LL hurry-up has most likely expired; restarting the mission.
Then repeat the steps.
It helps if you have the game set up to not pause timers when inactive but the above works with both options, on or off.
The 3-Bank shot is so evil on my machine. It loves directing the ball to either the left out-lane or SDTM. I've tried to see how many loops I can do, my current highest is 8. I had to fight the machine to get those 8 repetitions (I usually get far fewer before draining). The fact that I currently have to fight the machine to exploit the mission tells me that the mission is probably fair as is but the mission's points potential still worries me a bit.
So for those that have tried it, I'd like to hear your opinions.

If I’m reading this right. Are you saying each time you hit the initial setup ramp (300 mil in your example) it continues to accumulate the value for the final death Star shot? So shoot right ramp, 300 mil banked, timeout, shoot right ramp, 600 mil banked, timeout, shoot right ramp, 900 mil banked, timeout, etc...?

If that’s correct, is the final cash in shot to complete the mission multiplied too?

#7299 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

In R2-D2's Hoth 3 mission there's no banked points, you get 300mil (with 40x) added to your main score each time you hit the RR, so long as that shot is active and you achieve that by continually timing out the LL hurry-up. You could technically stay in that mission gaining points without ever completing it.
The final LL Death Star shot is also worth 7,500,000 base points (counting down) that can be multiplied but its points are not altered by how many times you've hit the RR.

Nice. Ill give it a shot.

3 weeks later
#7353 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I just joined the club with a SW Premium. I got it leveled and pitch is at 6.5. I gave it a good waxing and adjusted the right scoop eject so it fires to the left flipper consistently. Now it’s time to start playing and learning the rules. Everything is at factory settings. Do you guys suggest mode stacking on or off when trying to learn the game?

Off for sure.

#7354 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

playing steep is cheating.

Lol

#7377 4 years ago

Question for the PREM/LE folks:

I was playing an LE on location and during Hyperspace mb, I loaded 3 balls in very quickly, one after the other. The game just sat there with the 3 balls whizzing around the hyperdrive, it never put a 4th ball into play. I did notice 2 of the balls were very close to each other. Eventually, 2 of the 3 balls released and then finally the 3rd. It was a real buzz kill. I guess the question is; did I load the 3rd ball into the hyperdrive so quick the game didn’t register it? Or was it so close to another ball the opto Didn’t pick up on it? Or a bug?

Have you ever seen the hyperdrive just keep going like that and not kick a ball into play during the multiball?

#7383 4 years ago

I lowered the back of the game, tightened the tilt and scored 15B today + jedi multiball
Admitted I play the game in a risky manner and mantain and move my multiplier constantly, certainly for the big payoffs.
Hyperspace hurryups of 1B+ are fun
What else could I do to make it harder, can you play with the tie figher/hyperspace multiball settings? Or should I disable stacking of regular modes? (multiball modes stacking is off)
Because entering a multiball with 2 modes running is mostly a guaranteed both mode completion.

Here’s what I’ve done, pick and choose to what suits you:

+ hyperspace mb on extra hard (3 hurryups instead of 2 to get multiball).
+ decrease ball save time on victory mb from 20 secs to 5 secs.
+ decrease video mode time to 15 secs.
+ limit max extra balls to 1
+ turn off extra balls via mission completions
+ set extra ball via tie fighters to 100
+ turn stacking off for 1st character

Other things I’ve toyed with but reverted back to default:
+ decrease ball saver for tie fighter mb
+ decrease ball saver for hyperspace mb
+ set multipliers to extra hard (multipliers time out faster).

1 week later
#7420 4 years ago

Yea; Han can be really good for quick points as you can get Hoth, Tatooine, and even Endor multiballs fairly easily. But then there’s a block; how to light and complete the Death Star missions. The trick is to try and light Death Star from the get go. Then use Endor (or Hoth) shots to be able to select the Death Star missions. If you can pull that off it’s all downhill to the emperor.

#7439 4 years ago

Who says Luke isn’t good for points?

C35156A0-5123-45E3-9341-CD6BE0070A20 (resized).jpegC35156A0-5123-45E3-9341-CD6BE0070A20 (resized).jpeg
#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

On every shot or just the final? I've tried to watch the screen for the multipliers on each shot and never saw it.

They work on light saber duel. Plus, Lukes bonus is he gets increased scoring in light saber duel. On that particular game I hit every shot but 1 with a 40x multiplier.

#7448 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I recently did a lineup shakedown and the 3 pins I currently have (IMDN, AFMr, SW) have all joined the household all within the last month or 2. It will be interesting to see how each fairs up in the long run. IMDN and AFM being the most popular amongst pinsiders; and SW being one of the most hated hahaha. I see how IMDN and AFM have that natural popular appeal to them (they are awesome); but man, SW has such an addictive personality to it - it’s like the chick that doesn’t show off her hotness, then you get her naked in bed and then wow! Hottest thing you ever laid eyes on
[quoted image]

Interesting arbitrary thought of the day: I posted this above ^^^ a little over a year ago. Since then; AFMr has left, ACDC PRO vault and DP PREM have joined, and SW and IMDN remain.

So my current lineup is SW, IMDN, DP, ACDC. SW still remains on top as my favorite with DP & IMDN a close 2nd.

3 months later
#7759 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks. I’m now reading the rules and will play the games in the wild next week (pro and premium) debating which one to get or neither. Currently I’ve played them both but no knowledge of the rules and was more frustrating than fun.
Just on theory sounds like the pro plays better (smoother shot to Death Star) but the premium has much better toy factor. Reminds me of Metallica or TWD in both regards.

If you’re first learning the game; then ball trap up, move the multipliers to the big 3 (Death Star / left ramp / Hoth) and leave then there rest of the game.

Pro v prem. You’re pretty much spot on, pro plays smoother, but the premium ‘feels’ better due to Death Star + metal ramps. However, Premium also plays harder with even more cheap drains than the pro which is either a pro or con on an already brutal and cheap drain layout.

I will say, once you gain ball control and dial in your shots, the game feels damn good no matter which version.

#7765 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with bringing the posts in, especially on SW!

When I have non pinball guests over, I’ll also set tie fighter multiball at a low # like 15 hits so they can get that multiball. It’s a great experience but impossible to achieve when you don’t know what you’re doing and this way they don’t have to worry about mashing the button.

#7820 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Order placed !!! Premium Comic Art .... SUPER excited and can’t wait !!!

Congrats. That’s going to be a sweet 4-pin lineup. Lots of diversity.

#7823 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

think that I am deciding on SW for my next purchase, either a used old art or nib with comic art. I only played the premium (played the pro before but didn't know the rules). I love the hyper loop but have found a few straight hits have rejected (not sure if this is common). I almost might like the pro (more flow/smooth shooting) but feel like the premium has a few great features (maybe must have features? hyper loop and Falcon toy).
Is there anything else on the premium not on the pro (Falcon toy, metal ramps and hyper loop)? I forgot the escape diverter and exploding Death Star (I have not seen that in action yet).

Hyperloop entering shot can be adjusted.

#7830 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Has Dwight mentioned if there would be any further code updates for SW? I’m curious if there needs any balancing to the character choices etc..

The code updates needed in the game aren’t like GOT where character (or houses) were unbalanced - IMO. The updates that are needed are the polish, mainly in the choreography and priorities of what to play to capture more fanfare. Other than that, game is rock solid and IS dwights best game to date.

2 weeks later
#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So when playing as Luke how do you use the force for an add a ball during multiball? Luke (Increased scoring during Lightsaber Duel and can “use the Force” once per ball in play to add a ball during Multiball modes).

That’s probably an old code rule as all characters can add a ball during multiball. To do it, you must spell FORCE during multiball, the action button should turn orange, this indicates you have an add a ball ready to go. Simply hold the button for 2 seconds to activate the add a ball. Keep in mind, if you start tie fighter assault, the action button will turn red but if you have an add a ball you can still hold it down for the add a ball even during tie fighter assault.

Additionally, if you choose not to use your add a ball, you can bank it for the next multiball. You’ll start with the next multiball with the action button orange for your add a ball, if you spell FORCE at the beginning of that next multiball you will have TWO add a balls ready to go. You can bank a maximum of 2 add a balls per multiball.

#7928 4 years ago

So i came across something new, which unfortunately ended up in a bug. But, i happened to stack victory mb, tie fighter mb, and hyperspace mb. It was pretty sweet. Unfortunately, the game got confused with this stack and wouldn’t release the ball from hyperspace mb (SW PRO). I was able to take advantage and play the stack with one ball in play (and the other ball trapped in Death Star, racking up around 3 bil alone for the multiball stack. Is that cheating? Ahh who cares, Dwights bug....my fun - the bug released itself once i drained and went back to 1 ball play.

#7969 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Today was a great day ... got my Star Wars Premium NIB ... As much as I Loved Maiden Premium , this game is so much better in my opinion... With all the characters to play and missions , it definitely has variety compared to Maiden.[quoted image]

Congrats! I have both maiden and SW (pros), and cant decide which I like better. SW does have more to offer code wise, I love its ruleset; and would probably give it the edge for that reason. Lastability in a small collection.

Edit: question, any reason you went with the regular premium over the comic?

#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Found some EL tape on eBay that is just about the right width and is not pink when you turn it off. What do you think?[quoted image]

Dig it!

#7976 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m buying SW premium. But it’s almost a 4 way toss up with.
DP
Maiden
JP
SW
I possessed a Maiden pro 4 months while my buddy had my Tron. Maiden is a great game layout code. This would be my choice if not for SW. way more shots with 4 flippers.
I’ve played a ton of DP love the humor and shots, another great game. Love the Katana ramp and snikt shot.
JP played a good bit but too early for me to form an opinion. Love a game with 4 ramps.
SW initial reaction was meh but that was before I understood the multipliers and other rules. Now I think it’s my best choice and the comic art (for me) was the cherry on top of a great game.

I prefer my DP over SW, but it’s close. DP is just over all a fun game. SW is more of a players strategy serious game. So for me, DP > SW > IMDN. (Haven’t experienced JP yet).

3 weeks later
#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Look back around two months ago on this thread there was a lot of discussion on this. You can move that post down, also can add a short rubber around it and the post above it to help bounce balls out of that death pocket, or add the Siamese double post in place of factory post.
In addition if there was ever a code polishing update it would be Very Helpful if they would make the ballsave an actual timer countdown, because no matter what you do it can still autolaunch out-lane drains back to back and then your balls done quick and that’s never fun for anyone!

I believe Dwight programmed a true ball save timer in the last GB code. Since he did both Games, I imagine he’ll throw one in SW. That is, IF he revisits SW again.

#8228 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just ordered a comic premium that will be here next week. How is shaker motor in this game? I hate it in my deadpool, wondering how integration is with SW

I love the shaker in my Deadpool. I hated it in my SW, it shook very very aggressively during video mode and end sequence. I pulled it and put it in my IMDN.

It was my test of using a ‘stern certified’ shaker, where I typically just buy Pinball life shakers. So that may play into the aggressive poor use of it in SW. otherwise, I’m a big fan of shaker motors. It’s great in my other 3 games.

#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thats why i hate it in my deadpool! Even on moderate its ridiculously loud and goes off constantly. Maybe its the shaker I bought which I believe is stern brand. I guess i can pull it from DP and put in SW

Interesting! Then it’s probably not coincidental, I’ve heard from other people that the stern official one is known to be choppier/harder on the shakes. I may just order another pinball life shaker after all and try it in SW again.

2 weeks later
#8317 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I also have stacking off on principle. I like to play one scene at a time, I realize that pinball is not a one to one relation to how I watch a movie or read a book for example but I like to have a semblance of order not having 2-3 scenes playing at once just for the sake of completing more missions more efficiently.

I’m with you. Stacking off is the way to play this game. So much more immersive to the theme.

1 year later
#10030 3 years ago

I prefer SW to IMDN and I prefer IMDN to JP2. Therefore, SW > IMDN & JP which have been in top 10 for quite awhile.

In conclusion, SW = top 10 pin for sure. Probably a top 5 for me personally. I’m debating if I want to sell one of my Elwin games to get a comic premium.

2 years later
#14040 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks guys these are definitely the honest replies we are looking for. In a larger collection I am sure I would already own this game but with what we own I now need to be more selective both for space and for bank account reasons.

I absolutely love SW. I owned a SW PRO for 2 years and played an LE on location a fair amount. So much, that I ended up enjoying the LE more than the pro. The LE/PREM IS harder. The death start shot is so easy on the pro; and the added post below the drops makes the pro a more friendlier experience. If you want a SW but afraid of its brutality (it is tough), then I’d recommend sticking with the pro.

That said, looking at your collection, you have a fairly easier, or straight forward, lineup. SW would fit in perfect to mix it up. Not every game can be for the wife; and if she plays regularly, she may be ready for a game to challenge her abilities from time to time? Also, keep in mind, the hardest thing about SW isn’t necessarily keeping the ball in play - it’s learning and understanding the modes and countdown timer sounds. This is also where the game thrives as once you learn those, the game climbs into another level of challenge, fun, and strategy with all the different ways it can be played.

All in all; if you want a game with 2 or 3 simple objectives. SW is not your game. If you want something to challenge your skills and mix up your lineup, and offer something completely different and next level. Then SW is perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.