IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9374 3 years ago

Back in the club with this one... got a pro.

A game I have owned before and just kept calling me back for more.

I find this one to be a nice mix of fun and challenge and like that there are tons of ways to play it.

As for the premium vs pro debate I can say I 100% prefer the pro after owning both for a while... plays faster and shots are smoother to me.

#9377 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

This is the debate I’m currently in with myself.
I want a comic version, but I go back and forth of pro vs premium.
The pro I played seemed “faster” for some reason vs the (very limited) time I spent on a premium. Not sure if that’s an actual thing or if the premium wasn’t set up well.
Do you think you’ll miss the premium features? Why or why not, if you don’t mind. Like i said, just looking for more opinions since I’m currently in this boat.
Thanks.

I think the biggest things are the metal ramps and the fork on the death star, both of those to me made the premium harder to play and more clunky.

On the Pro you can backhand just about every shot and ramps are smoother....

I dont miss the premium at all.. the hyperloop is a cool toy but doesnt add much to the game play

I think the pro is a better art package too since it has all the characters, the prem is just focused on the dark side.

#9389 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I agree, the premium is a little tougher since you can't easily backhand the deathstar (I can on mine about 1 in 20 shots). The rest of the shots are the same. I just love the hyperloop.

I spent a ton of time dialing in my premium so it played about as well as one can play.

The shots were nowhere near "the same" as a pro.... ramps are much smoother and easier to backhand on the pro.

The hyperloop is a very cool toy but the pro plays miles better if it didnt I would have bought another premium.

I love the game and either is great but the premium plays almost like a totally different pin.

#9395 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

As I’ve pointed out before, the Pro also has a post below the “F” drop target which can prevent drains. Pro is easier for sure.

Huh... I had not noticed that.

Not sure how much difference it makes but interesting.

#9396 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Wow - seems to be a lot of Premium bashing in the good old Star Wars thread these days. The thread attached survey suggests the premium is the better of the two by a considerable margin. To me they are really two different games. The pro is easier while the premium is harder. I like to improve my skills so I’ll take harder every time. The hyperloop is super cool and worth the price of admission. Add a shaker Motor? - I say “Hell Yeah!”

Why is everything "bashing" these days. lol

Its just a different opinion and the issues with the fork etc are all documented 1000 times over.

Im not saying the premium (I did buy one after all) sucks or something just that it plays different and harder which on a pin that is already pretty hard isnt as much fun to me.

I still say Star Wars (any version) is a top 5 Stern

#9400 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I don't think it's bashing at all...just giving the lesser vocal other side of the story. It's been years of people straight out saying the pro is empty trash and the absolute only way to go is the premium. It's kind of nice and refreshing to see I'm not the only one that prefers the pro. Any version is an awesome game though...I wish more people would give it an open minded chance. Their loss writing this one off, in any form.

People had the same gripes about Iron Man and now thats a classic.. to me Star Wars is in a similar league as far as speed and challenge.

Most people I have met that "hate Star Wars" have no idea how to play it after you ask them a few questions.

Its not really walk up and play friendly at all... you need to get whats going on and know what to do or not do.

Just banging a few games on it on location and saying it sucks is pretty common unfortunately.

#9413 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Agree to disagree. The shots on my pro were exactly the same as the shots on the 2 premiums I have had in my house with the exception of the Death Star shot. I loved playing my Pro so much it was a very hard decision to move to the premium. Luckily for me, a friend sold me his premium so I could play-test it extensively.
As mentioned, the lack of the post on the left side makes it a little harder game but it doesn't make the shots any different.

The shots are the same but the difference from the metal ramps to plastic is pretty noticeable also.

End of day I spent hours "dialing in" my premium to get it as good as I could.. it still didnt play "better" or the same as my pro which needed nothing out of the box. Level it and play.

Its still a great game its just a different thing...

#9423 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You clearly haven't experienced it.
One is cool. Two or more is an incredible rush.

Its a cool gimmick.. when I had one and you got it rocking it would shake my wood floor.

#9430 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I feel like it’s the geometry of the shot. It’s kind of not directly lined up from the right flipper. More like from the left, but it’s super had to get the power to backhand. It’s a tough shot for sure

Yah this... the ball really has to hit the fork dead on due to the angle which is hard to do even from the right flipper.

Its probably not the geometry of the shot more the design of the fork that makes a pretty direct hit needed.

Its just one of those shots you can feel like you hit it perfect and it will just brick out and its annoying as shit.

Its never a good feeling in any game to feel like you nail a shot and not get it rewarded... same as BS drains out the pops or whatever plagues other games.

#9469 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Just joined the club! Got an LE.
SW is one of those games that I HATED when I first played it. Just didn’t get it.
A little while ago a friend and I decided to hunker down at a barcade and play it until we figured it out, and it eventually clicked. Great game.

yah I think this is one of those games that over time will find its audience... like Iron Man which took a few years to get popular.

Its harder to play and learn so walk up and play friendly it aint...

anyone not taking the time to learn whats going on wont like it based on a few plays of slapping the ball around, game will eat your lunch.

#9487 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

More clips would be good. I love Yoda as much as the next guy, but variety is the spice of life. I could do without the midnight madness, but it would be a cool option. What I REALLY, REALLY would like would be a way to disable the video mode or at least bypass it for points like on STTNG.

Its kind of annoying but later in the game if you have the multiplier cranked its worth a ton of points.

2 weeks later
#9565 3 years ago

Man, you guys are hardcore... I think the sound package on the game is pretty good.

they can always be better but this is far from the worst one I have heard, at least not to the point where I would change it.

#9579 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Oh, someone told me he charges tax. Good to know.
Thanks for the Fargo recommendation too. It's plain on their web page.

will depend on the state its going to... most states charge sales tax out of state now doesnt matter who sells it.

#9592 3 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

Yeah. The shot is still just as hard, but now it's a much smoother shot.
, Bill

Man I don't know if I got lucky or what but my comic pro plays like butter and never did anything but level it.

Its still a drainy tough game but its supposed to be.

#9598 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Welcome to the club! If you figure out how to consistently make the right orbit, give me a holler. I have had my prem for 3+ years and still make that shot only by sheer luck!
Love the theme and the game!

Best way to do this is to get a pro... I switched and it plays so much smoother than my premium did its ridiculous.

I went from spending hours dialing things in to nothing, just level and play.

#9611 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Paid for my SW Pro in full back in August...no idea when it's coming in.

They make you pay in full for an in production game?

That doesn't seem right.

Stern is short shipping all distrib orders at this point.

#9649 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is there video of any high ranked players on this game? Tutorials or competition.

There were some videos online... I dont know about high ranked players though.

This is a game most tourney type players dont like because the scoring is so crazy with the multipliers and the hammer the lock down bar thing.

#9652 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

That’s exactly why I’d like to see them play it! Multiplier strategy and crazy scores!! Huge risk/reward in the genius code...

yah you'd think they would like it but they generally hate any game thats not rinse and repeat or high risk reward.

Star Wars is too random and makes you take your hands off the flippers....

Also having to hit the 3 bank often makes it too risky a play but ya gotta do it to score.... ball is out of control allot.

#9655 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

All of these reasons above are why I love the game. But I am also the exact opposite of a professional player, haha.

I love it too and Im a decent player... I just accept the fact its going to kick my ass once in a while.

Tourney guys want consistency and to keep the ball under control... good luck with that on Star Wars.

3 weeks later
#9696 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think Pinstein is just stirring the pot. No way a long time Pinsider would do this. Someone that knows and loves the game of pinball would never consider it.

Someone makes a plastic device (dont know who just had someone show me one) you can install to add a fake center post and remove it with no drilling etc.

I have no idea why someone would buy that but I guess demand is there since someone made it.

I think people put them on Ghostbusters because of the "wide flipper gap"/they suck at pinball lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.