IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drain-O.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11491 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I will repeat myself. Despite the claim of the mod designer that it interacts with the game software, the only interaction is with the ball trough. 6 balls in trough = OFF. Less than 6 balls in trough = ON. Therefore it does not turn off during any mode.
When it's on there's a bit of a flicker. I enquired about that and the mod designer stated it was for a bit of realism. I would have preferred steady on like my Disneyworld lightsabers.
Overall it looks real good and I'm happy with it.

In regards to your happiness with it, I have thought about getting the mod but have been wondering the same thing (I think) as Crispy77, which would be: In your opinion while the game flashes for Escape from Boba Fett, or during very color heavy events like the lightsaber battle, does the lightsaber interfere with the enjoyment of those light displays by being on?

#11495 2 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Curious if any of you Pro to Premium/LE converts regret your decision? I'm considering doing the same.

I started with a Premium and I'm happy. My only gripe vs. what I've heard about on Pro is that the Deathstar shot is a bitch, especially from the left flipper. Not only do you need accuracy for the small shot, but it needs power as well to get up the ramp. If anyone else with a Premium has some tips on that shot, I would appreciate it.

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Easy. Make it from the right flipper
BTW not all shots are supposed to be "backhandable". Yes I know it's a made up word.
I have friends that had a Pro and don't miss getting rid of it. They were all over my Prem saying it's way better than the pro and worth the diff. Their opinion not mine. I haven't played the pro much and when I did play it I didn't know the rules.

Yea, the right flipper for sure, it's punishing to miss the shot from the left. I have trouble with it on the right though too. The game is so fast, it's definitely making me a better pinball player.

#11551 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Just got myself a SW... the shaker is quite severe on this game, and shakes the glass a lot. What are you all doing with regards softening the glass vibration when using a shaker??
Thank you

My shaker doesn't shake enough if you ask me But if it's running too hot there should be a setting under "Standard Features" I believe that you can lower the intensity with. Are you using a standard Stern shaker?

#11556 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

The only option I could find is Shaker Motor Optional and I changed to Minimal Use. Makes no difference for me. Can you let me know where you find the "intensity" with a #?
Thank you

Sorry. That was all from memory. There is not an intensity setting, just the setting you already found. Sorry for sending you on a goose chase.

2 months later
#11778 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Any advice on how to dial the game ?
I acquired it a few weeks ago, and man this is a frustrating game, at least for me. I'm an average player, and I must confess that I'm not really enjoying it, compared to my other machines (LOTR, Tron, DI, Indy WPC, TZ, ST, CFTBL), it's WAY more difficult.
At least on the other games (well TZ might be an exception), I have a sense of control. On Star Wars (it's a Premium by the way), the game is incredibly unforgiving to me. There are many shots that end with a direct left or right drain (such as the TIE fighter from the right flipper, or the bank from the left flipper).
In a nutshell, I'm not having fun with it, frankly.
So I'd like to start dialing it a bit, to see if I can improve my experience.
Things I'd like to improve are:
- Mystery scoop eject strength: can't find the correct setting so that it's properly thrown at the left flipper. Anything above 30 will result into a center drain (or close). Anything at 30 or below and the eject is too soft (but at least I can catch the ball)
- Star Wars ramp: can only make it with the right flipper, backhand does not work. Very narrow opening to register the shot
- Left inner loop: relatively high rate of center drain after this shot. I've seen some comments about a small metal "nub" on the metal ball guide, will look at it
- Flasher strength during Boba Fett escape : I get it it's to increase pressure, but man have they heard of photo induced seizure ? Is there a way to tune it down, besides decreasing flasher brightness
- Increase timer for timed shot
Anything else you would recommend looking at ?
And yes, I know I will not be playing the game as it was intended, but after a few weeks trying to improve I've reached a point where I would much rather enjoy the game than being frustrated, even if this implies changing the ruleset and ball behaviour.
Cheers

Lots of good advice here. Couple of things, because I felt the exact same way as you do.

First of all, stick with it-- the game is brutal and fast but also becomes very rewarding. I don't know what to say except that if you just stick with it for a while you will like the game.

Second, as many people have said concerning personally owned pinball games -- it's YOUR game so don't feel bad setting it up for how you want to play. It's designed out of the box to just eat quarters. I highly recommend putting the outlane posts to the easiest setting for a while. And possibly increase the minimum time on min-wizards and tie fighter multiball.

Lastly, pick a strategy and play it for a while. When beginning the game I highly recommend picking Han, and selecting +5 tie fighters until you get tie fighter multiball. Additionally with Han if you go for Hoth first, your first "mode" is the video mode, and the second is the min wizard. When you get past that go after Endor. Once you get really comfortable with a strategy, then moving around to the other characters and strategies opens up the fun and scoring possibilities.

Have fun!

4 weeks later
#11950 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Hi I modded SW code for Premium/LE, including the asteroid field music.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XHk8HV6ttRf5uPRzT2DrhJnfhOirUh5Q/view?usp=sharing

Great selections. Really matches the moods of the different events. Thanks a lot for sharing.

#11960 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I tried to do this with some electric rock guitar cover songs I found. This process is SUPER hard, I applaud your work. I'd totally install this if I didn't feel like a new update is coming any day now to support the Insider Connect and may add/fix things like they have done with some of the other games.

I just flashed this to a totally different SD Card. That way I can swap back when the new update comes out. I was kinda curious how the updates work. Do they completely rewrite the media assets or just deal with the deltas? I was wondering what would happen if I updated the modified SD-Card image.

#11982 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

I am currently editing my modded music code to incorporate the fun ball save/ball drain videos added by fooflighter, and to enable midnight madness, thanks for the tip PoMC. This will be available to Premium/LE owners. If you would like a copy of the updated code, please PM me.
One question, what do you think of having the fox fanfare playing during character selection? The main theme obviously kicks in once you start a game, but it might be nice to have the fanfare preceding, to better reflect the experience of watching the films.
Thoughts?

I really prefer the tunes you have now to the fox fanfare personally. For HUO games most of us burn through selecting a character and might not get past it either. That's my 2 cents.

3 weeks later
#12097 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Comic art vs original. Over and over again. Omfg

Nobody is forcing you to read the forums right? That's why the call it a forum, it's a public place for discussion --- if people want to talk about Comic vs. Original then they can talk about it. I don't know about you, but I tend to skim/skip over the things I'm not interested and read the ones I'm interested in. It sure beats trying to control what everyone talks about.

7 months later
#12889 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey guys, need some opinions! Thinking about joining the club! Right now I got a GZ Pro and a Mando Pro. Will sell the Mando, because I only have space for 2 pins. Now I have to decide between a JP-Pro and a StarWars-Pro. I love both themes, but the theme of StarWars much more to be honest. Played both on location, just for about 10 games each (next JP is about 2hours drive, next SW about 3hours in different directions), so I can´t drive there to play them again and again.
What do you guys think is the better pin and why? Especially for a long term? And with a GZ-Pro next to it.
Thank you guys! (And yes, I will post the same on the JP-Thread for comparison)
Chris

I pick GZ and SW as well... I'm bias as well though, because I have both tables. SW is particularly fun for home ownership too, as not only is the table brutally hard (which is a good thing long-term) but each character has some different modes and play differently with different paths to victory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drain-O.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Drain-O and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.