IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 6 years ago

Made my deposit on the Pro.

Since the exploding Death Egg & Hyperspace Ramp are only optical gimmicks and the Pro will play pretty much the same that's ok for me.

(And since I coudn't afford a Premium. - The Pro is allready 7,367$ here.)

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

you are lucky, a pro here is close to $8500.

I assume that's Canadian Dollar, so 6300 US $? Can't be more expensive to ship to canada then to europe.

3 weeks later
#256 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any idea what those enhancements are or might be?

Existance.

1 month later
#738 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If there was something wrong with the death star, I don't think Freddy's would have had one.
Anybody who was there actually see the thing work?

Well, people who played it seem to have encountered some things at least...

1) If the ramp heading to the death star pops up but the ball comes the other way round the horseshoe, it stops the ball and has to fold down. You can see this as the last snippet of the IGN video when the game was revealed. - This is an unwanted side effect and gives the Pro a strong upperhand in terms of 'flow'.

2) Noone got the Death Star to explode (and noone put more than one ball in the hyperloop) but this may very well be because there were a lot of people who didn't have much time with the game and/ or that the code is still beta.

Disclaimer: That's all what i "read", I couldn't manage to drive over.

#739 6 years ago

doublepost

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

#1 - Yes, that's a little bit of a hiccup, but for me it would ne a non-issue. The video from Germany showed the ball getting stopped there and it's only like 1.5 seconds to release. You know someone will eventually say they bought the pro because 'it plays faster'.

Well, it does since the ball comes to a full stop. - But then again how often ist the ramp "up"? (We have yet to see.)

Overall I'd say the Pros are usually faster since Premium/ LE have second playfields or toys wich take away from the main game. Just think of GoT. Pro is fast, Premium/ LE mini playfield adds to the game. So that is a valid argument, it just depends on what you prefer.

I bought the pro (must arrive any day now) and personally altough I dig the hyperloop that news kinda makes up for the pain that I couldn't afford a Premium.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dwight does read these threads, so you can bet he'll be all over that delay if it's something that can be tweaked.

That horseshoe is small and the ball is fast. Not sure if code can tweak very much there.

But then again this doesn't need to be a bad thing. Since the LE/ Premium is the way the game is originally intended to be maybe this bief moment to take a breath is intended to give players a releitively slow and seady angle ball with the opportunity to make the shot in the hyperloop.

#746 6 years ago

Maybe. But surely noth with 100% accuracy if the ball is to fast. Theres enough games that prove that.

But again. Maybe its supposed to stop the ball. Just wait and see.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:there is a switch on both sides of the horseshoe going in. so yes code could fix the issue, it would just needs to be tweeked to drop the ramp as soon as the switch is hit on the right side.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

For a buck a game I want my customers to feel they are getting their money's worth.

Then price it down.

1 week later
#814 6 years ago

Got mine today, sadly is has one defect. Left EOS is not working.
The Switch is ok, wiring as well so I suppose it's our friend Node board 8? *sigh*

WP_20170810_19_39_29_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170810_19_39_29_Pro (resized).jpg

#823 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you know it's not working? Just had an EOS issue with my GOT. The switch blades were not makin contact and I couldn't tell unless in switch test or with a meter. Are you getting really weak shots with that flipper? If so, it's probably not the node board. Good luck.

I know it's not (correctly in some way) working because I get a service message.
I can see the blades have contact and get seperated when I use the flippers. But the Switch test won't react.

It's actually kinda strange.

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check it for continuity with a meter. Set to diode mode and touch one lead to each switch tab on the back of the switch. If the meter beeps and holds the beep, the switch is closed. If the meter does nothing, it's not closed.

I'm not good with a meter but I tested in some other ways as a last hunch I found the error...

The isolation was damaged with the soldering iron and the soldering from ground leaked in, so it was short ciruited.
You couldn't see it because of couse that burnt spot was covered by soldering.

Bent it a bit *snap* now it's working. (Put some isolation tape on.)

But I have another complaint/ question.

Is it normal in Spike 2 that the Screen disappears a fraction of a second? Looks like the cable is loose but it isn't. :/

#852 6 years ago

Allready thinking about dropping out of this club.
I'm to dumb for this game. :-/

Plays great but it really is more for tournament and/ or highscore enthusiasts instead of casual players, I think.

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When I played a SW Pro yesterday I found out there are a ton of different modes you can start and play as soon as you hit start. Each mode has cool sounds and LCD movie shots on the screen to watch. I did not feel I was walking into the same game over and over. This made the game a lot more fun for me.

Thx, you're right of course.
I just never found any game as unaccesible/ rulewise convoluted as this one. XD
(It'll change as I learn to know what I'm doing and Stern puts in some more callouts that tell me what to do!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.