IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballsofsteel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 6 years ago

seems like the pro is losing the coolest feature on this machine...the hyper space ball guide loop.

#236 6 years ago

getting my first premium ever. pretty excited, as i normally go for the pro models. I feel this time around the pro is lacking the real main feature of the premium/le the hyper space loop.

#248 6 years ago

dibs on the 2,000$ Ralph Lauren RRL Vintage Biker Jacket

1 month later
#523 6 years ago

have any of the preorder premium guys heard anything about ETA? i understand the le's are going on the line in 1-2 weeks, so maybe 3-4 weeks for the first premiums? thanks!

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Seeing as they have to build 800 LE's I would say closer to 6-8 weeks.

i thought stern did multiple runs? like:

1st run pros
2nd run les
3rd run premiums.

repeat?

#527 6 years ago

great, thanks. i suppose it might be reassuring that the premiums will probably have all the issues and code worked out by then....hopefully.

#644 6 years ago

my GOT was resetting when i first got it, stern sent me a new power supply and it has not reset since the replacement....

1 week later
#774 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

D-Day...will all be forgotten or will the rage ensue? I gotta tell you this might be a "must see" right here...I think the comment board is going to be out of control.

no joke, premium and le orders will either jump, or decrease. says captain obvious.

1 month later
#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

My Premium is being delivered in the next 2-5 hours. This day is going to drag...
*looks at clock again
Ugh...

lucky you, i guess i got bumped into the second batch of premiums.

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

I'm in the second batch as well. I just got word from my distributor that the next batch of Premiums is going to be in production the week of September 18.

i'm actually ok with it. I bet they'll have all the bugs worked out with the hyper drive loop and the software by then.

1 week later
#1284 6 years ago

so, i'm hoping that today is my premiums DOB........

ship these babies out!

#1337 6 years ago

Star Wars Premiums......crickets..

I thought they were making a batch this week? anybody have some insight?

#1394 6 years ago

i wonder what is going on at the stern factory...i'm thinking they put SW premium production on hold or something. i preordered my premium 6/6. oh well.

Quoted from mittens:

you will see that the manuals also list the extra post on the pro but not the prem/le.

and now we have to drill a hole through the NIB playfield for a post that should be there maybe? hahahahahaha

#1430 6 years ago

my premium is now in south dakota. For anybody that visits Laramie Wy, (i know, non of you) it will be at 8 bytes game cafe downtown.

2 weeks later
#1707 6 years ago

blockquote cite="#4016490">JJP just released a stunning-looking game. And my beloved Star Wars is taking a bashing...as if it was supposed to be the same kind of game as the new POTC.

meh, JJPPOTC does not have a hyper drive....still winning here with the premium and the le's

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

It was a long wait but well worth it. Just awesome

naw, common....you can't be enjoying it...people say this game is horrible so it must be.

lol. best part is choosing your path. should i go for escape from boba fett? hyper space hurry ups? try to get through all the planets? go for tie fighter mb? bang the drop targets for light saber duel? try to advance jedi rank? try for bonus multipliers or playfield multipliers?

not much to do with this game...so boring and nothing on the playfield...HAHAHA

#1766 6 years ago

my premium has had probably 300 gameplays with .91, no issues and i haven't heard anything from stern or my distributor so i'm leaving .91 on it. something blows, they can replace it.

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Not sure if this is different on the Premium/LE, but if it is, I would miss it.

it's different when the hyper drive jump ramp is up to start hyper loop or death star missions. this results in hitting the backside of the ramp, waiting 1 second, and the ramp lowers to dribble the ball back to the flipper.

1 month later
#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

How are owners feeling about SW at this point? I'm considering buying one

the premium is one of the best recent premiums IMO. the pro is fun...but doesn't have the same adrenaline rush. Haters are still going to hate, but in a year or two people will realize this is the real deal. nothing is more exciting than putting balls in the hyper drive loop and feeling the machine shake as you add more.

3 weeks later
#2614 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

There're people rating data east Star Wars higher the Stern Star Wars, how it's possible ??

because " stern star wars had so much potential", "they could have done so much more with it" "whats up with the bunus multipliers" "they should have put more wookies or chewbacca, or xxxxxx on it" etc, etc.

Everybody thinks they should be designing pinball machines right now i suppose.

1 week later
#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

On my game where I defeated the Emperor, I put up a score of 3.8 Billion, and i figure it took me 25-30 minutes

that's crazy. i put up 3.6 bil yesterday and i didn't even get through half of the objectives for Jedi Multiball. i concentrate more on getting max scoring with the bonus multiplier and score multiplier i suppose.

1 month later
#3332 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

10 days until I pick up my SW Premium!!!!!!!

and it will be glorious...glorious i tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#3596 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just eyeball it and use the bubble. You guys crack me up with your levelling apps.

right? i can play 2 games on any machine and level it out based on gameplay. funny stuff

1 week later
#3712 6 years ago

i think were this game really shines...most people don't talk about.

I'm talking about playing a planet mb until you reach victory multiball....then it gets fun

stacking tie fighters multiball with Hyperspace multiball with 40x shot multipliers on while in victory mb = one of sterns best mb stacking offered recently. it gets extremely tough trying to add balls into the hyperloop while you have all 6 out there.

do or do not, there is no try

1 month later
#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Is the cost of the Falcon Toy/HyperDrive/Exploding Death Star worth the 1500-2000 price difference?

Yes, the pro is literally half as fun without the hyperloop

#4342 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Yes, the pro is literally half as fun without the hyperloop

i will say this again..it is half as fun. you don't get the timed adrenaline rush you get when you try to add all 6 balls to the hyperloop. also, you can stack the hyperloop mb mode on top of other multiballs, so the hyper loop actually acts as a second playfield. most people don't even realize this

#4361 5 years ago

i just wanted to elaborate on why the premium is literally 2 times more fun. i had played the pro model for maybe 2 months before the premium came out. I LOVED the pro, literally. Then i actually got my preordered premium before i had ever played the premium or le.

then it hit me, WOW. i literally don't even like playing the pro anymore. call me a premium snob or whatever, but the hyperloop is one of sterns BEST toys in years i think. it isn't a bash toy, it isn't really 'interactive' but GOD DAMN it is the best. It adds a 3rd dimension to the playfield, and all you have to do is add balls to it with 1 shot once hyper space mb is started. Start a planet mb mode (whatever planet you like), then start tie fighter mb mode, then bring it all together with hyperspace hurryup mb! you have 3 mb modes going, yet you still have a timer for adding balls to the hyperdrive loop while still playing. As you add more balls, the spacing gets easier on the playfield for shots, and you can still continue to add balls in the hyperloop. Finally, when the timer is out the balls come back down, and you start full 6 ball multiball again(you should have it already with the planet mb and tie fighter mb stacked).

The hyperdrive loop was built for this game, and the pro was stripped down for sales. I truly believe this is one of the first pro models that is hurt by pulling features from the premium and le.

thanks for listening, who cats and dogs

1 year later
#7248 4 years ago

major bugs, we need a new code update.

i updated mine from an older code to the latest code a week ago. i had never seen this bug in the older coe.

i have experience 2-3 times where i have closed out 1, 2, or 3 planets and there is nothing lit or available to advance to the next planet(s) or missions. really weird, all i could do was drain out the ball as i couldn't advance them. anyone else experience this? code is 1.05.

#7250 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

A video or photo of this would be helpful.

yeah, i suppose when it happens again i will try to record it. there are just no available shots lit to start or advance planets and missions. seems that maybe i broke the code as i was stacking tie fighter and hyperspace multiballs on top of victory mbs possibly.

#7256 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What character were you playing as

either leah or r2d2 if i recall. seems most of the bugs were in leah, as i had just recently started playing with her (character). lol

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Lit DS, but the ball shot around the loop once and diverted out instead of being held in the DS. Of course, the flippers were dead and the ball drained.

yeah, still seeing the ball drop from and the flippers dead = end of ball bug too. that happens with hoth if i recall.

#7258 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you hadn't qualified (lit) the one remaining planet, you have to shoot that planet's shot a certain amount of times to make it's missions available. There will not be anything "lit" to tell you this.

yes, i am aware of that. I am saying that those shots are not available to shoot to qualify and start planet missions. there is nothing to shoot, you can't light the planets to even start the missions.

#7261 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. It’s probably the R2D2 bug. I think it was mentioned in this thread before or on tilt forums. No one knows how it’s triggered because it’s so rare.

sounds about right, i guess i'll try to duplicate it over the weekend if i'm lucky.

Quoted from RobT:

I figured you probably knew that but I didn't want to leave out the obvious either.

for sure, i guess a lot of people wouldn't know that if they don't own the game.

1 month later
#7428 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Have an issue where the right flipper will stop working after playing for a while. The button works, i.e. the leaf switch inside is touching and I can still move the multiplier etc. with the right button, but the coil does not engage at all.

hopefully just a bad EOS switch on the flipper assembly. when they fail you will see weaker flipper power as games progress. pretty normal for stern, i tend to have to replace both of them after 1000 plays.

#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yes, the eos doesn't matter for normal operation. It will only signal to the cpu to momentarily repower the flipper coil to full power if deflected from the up position by, say, a hard hit from the ball.

i've experienced major flipper failure on spike system GOT from a cracked EOS switch. The game was not playable, so the EOS does actually matter.

3 months later
#7692 4 years ago

just venting about this game...

1st-everyone hated the game because the layout didn't have 3 bash toys or some 'crazy toy'
2nd-everyone hated the game because the rules and scoring were too difficult to understand
3rd-stern releases an ugly comic book artwork re-release and somehow #1 and #2 complaints are miraculously forgotten and the bandwagon is moving forward with the previous non believers.

hilarious

#7695 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Comic art looks fantastic imo.

i suppose some people do enjoy it. i don't, it's not the movies i grew up with and have enjoyed since the 80's. i would never trade my original run for the new one.

different strokes for different folks

1 week later
#7812 4 years ago

borgs metallica and GOTG have worse outer left lane drains than SW premium. i know, i own(ed) them all, and played the hell out of them all.

2 months later
#8356 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Can you explain how you got this? I honestly don’t completely understand video mode.

just like the rest of the game. build up to 20X or 40X on the stand up targets, then hit the center loop with the green arrow lit on it = big points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballsofsteel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=Ballsofsteel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.